• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
And so for her was fashioned a halo, made of spun gold, and a crown and armor of cold plates she became clad in. The burden of it was such that in her frailness, she could not bear its weight, and was supported by her men of the Foot Guards, the loyal Tercios.

She thought of herself as lovely and terrible to behold.

She was too uneducated to write, too boorish to rule justly, and too harsh to be kind. However she felt safe, and that was what was important... through it all, it never occurred to her just how little power she had.
4e78357422427fa42d5d9a1923f92e9b.jpg

José ability 1: Hire 3 mercenaries at Jose's position - 6 resources
Action 1: Given to Inma
Action 2: Given to Inma

Jose Ability: 3 mercenaries are converted to Tercios

Free Action: Explore Bullarum

Inma and Angel (Seraphim)
*Action 1: Build Tercios at Inma's Position
*Action 2: Build Tercios at Inma's Position
*Action 3: Build Tercios at Inma's Position
*Action 4: Build Tercios at Inma's Position

*Action Mountain Signals:
*Mixed Infantry Tactics: Move Inma's complete force to O22, Engage The enemy

*Inma Trait: Roll of 1: Refugees gained
*Hospital Of Humors Action: Sacrifice 6 Population to Experimentation Efforts: Loyal, Unto Death.

Benefiting from the cream of the Tetrad's general staff and the hologram's guidance, newly condemned Desperados are being fitted with new war machines of terror to use against the dwarven... and yet other unknown threats. The campaign to reclaim the mountains has begun in earnest.
Unknown-1.jpeg

Alfredo
*Alfredo takes boats two west, and two north

Resources = 10 Cap: Parish Collections: +6, Capital +6, (Construction and Recruitment, and movement - 12) Resource hit from occupation
Population = 30 max with occupation? Public Health Initiatives: +12 -2 Brimstone -6 hospital of humors

Turn 15 Month 4 Year 321 (In game Second Year)
Athanas Athanas
, cinnabuns cinnabuns , Just_a_loneley_pilgrim Just_a_loneley_pilgrim , Bruhaha Bruhaha , The_split_Nation The_split_Nation , LadyOfStars LadyOfStars , CaptainSully CaptainSully , waifu waifu

The Defeat was only a temporary one. He was still in a weakened Avatar Form and not yet brought back to his truest potential. The eons spent locked away have caused it to be more difficult to transfer his powers to his new avatar back on the mortal planes. But with each time that he need to return, he becomes stronger and stronger. Eventually, all will feel his true power and wrath. Especially those vampires that believe that they can lie to him. He will crush them before him and they can watch as the world crumbles around them.

The Forgotten God waved his hand around in the city around him. The flesh pulsated with a vibrant energy as 4 humanoid figures on horseback erupted fully formed before him from. Each one looked different and powerful in their own way. They stood there waiting for orders.

He smiled at each of them as he spoke. "You Four shall usher in the new era that will spread worship of me and destroy those that will not submit. Famine, Pestilence, War, and Death. All of you will take my forces to the Four corners of this continent and do my bidding. With that, each of them left and was teleport to a specific location with troops to fight those that were not under their banner.

THE FORGOTTEN GOD AND HIS FORCES ARE NOT SUSCEPTIBLE TO ANY EFFECTS THAT DECREASE ATTACK /DEFENSE OR HP OTHER THAN THE MAGICAL SWORD

map (1).png

Kingdom of Bullarum
Resources: 70 Population: 75

Free Technology: Barrier Shield Magic

Vision: A large humanoid monstrous figure stood before four figures on horses, giving them speeches and sending them out into the field. One caused all the land to die around them, another caused massive disease to spread rampant throughout the land, a third cut a major swatch through all who opposed them with great forces of a blade and the last just was the embodiment of DEATH. All around them, things both living and undead just ceased to function.

A loud cackling can be heard through the storms that raged in the background. The world was clashing. People in metal boxes causing explosion against dwarven fortresses, Gun lines firing against barbarian hordes. Viking boats beaching on shores while Dark Elves unleash powerful magic at the undead hordes on their doorstep.

The Drelvor Imperium
Resources: 78 Population: 57

Research Runes (1 more turn)

(Kingdom of Lothren) North Tetriad Elves
Resources: 16 Population: 7

> Research Tree Houses- Gain 2 additional pop a turn due to proper housing
> Research Magen The Steel Maiden (1 more turn remaining)

(Tartarus) South Tetriad Elves
Resources: N/A Population: 8

> Research Necrotic Barrier (Capable of getting one person through the shield)
> Research God-King (Gain +1 Attack against the God King)

Sors Leporidae
Resources: 61 Population: 207

Research Crystal, Elven Barrier, Nectrotic Barrier (Capable of opening a big enough opening through all kinds of portals for 5 Units to be able to move through the barrier

Tip Top (yes, again), Gun Boat Schematics (Capable of constructing fully automated Gun Boats to patrol the waters)

Larger Boat Model (Gain access to Large Metal Military Boats)

Explore I10- The wolves lurked nearby as the group approached. Hurk came out to meet them. "Hello. It's been a long while since you last came here."

The Carmine Empire
Resources: 31 Population: 409
Cathedral of Blood - 168/1000

Explore T7: The Forgotten God is no longer there, but what is still there are large mounds of still writhing flesh. Even though they are no longer mobile and dangerous, the ground is still unsettling as it continues to pulsate.

AYMON

022: Aymon searches to forest and comes across a clearing that contained a large well. The trees in the area look a bot ominous however, best not ti drop your guard.

Tartarus
Resources: 2 Population: 12
Pyramid of Maat Restoration: 120/400

Research: Supreme One's Armor (1 more turn)

Contact Torliga and Hitol through ritual sacrifice: The God King has a vision. Two figures, a man and a women stand before him standing in silence.

Kingdom of Hjemriget
Resources: 14.5 Population: 60(Current Max Pop)

Research: Fire Shelling

The Dominion of the Ascendant
Resources: 7 Population: 17
The Tower Restoration: 270/400

Avalleigh negotiates with Carmine settlement at E8​

"...and with that your father was given the gift."

The young child atop the knee of the wetnurse grinned from ear to ear.

"Tell me more about father!" He enquired, his inquisitive eyes looking straight into the very soul of his carer.

"Well my boy he is the reason we are as we are and not savages. He took us on a path of sophistication, appreciating the sciences, music and art. Were it not for him I dare say we would still be sat in mud huts of old." Her words forced another question from the young child.

"Was he a good man?" His voice had softened as excited questioning gave way to heartfelt inquiry. The nursemaid smiled before speaking.

"Your father like all of us had his moments of anger and frustration. Your uncle tried to take advantage of your father's kindness once and I had never seen such anger in your father. Apart from that one instance I always found your father to be someone who had the sole interest of his people at heart. Everything he did was for them, including his last act..." The nursemaid trailed off.

"Do you mean the fight against the burning man?" Asked the child.

"Yes...the fight against him," she replied.

"If I ever see him I will slay him myself!" The childlike voice made way for a noticeably more demonic one as the nursemaid felt power radiate from the child.

"Well fortunately he was slain by your father."

The child looked at her with a scowl, clearly angered by her words. His long white locks began to elevate slightly under the power radiating from him.

"Why do you lie to me?" The child's voice felt like a distant memory to the nursemaid as she felt a wave of fear wash over her.

"I…I'm…" she stuttered, struggling to find the words. "...that is what I was told my lord."

The child thought long and hard before the scowl faded and his voice returned to normal.

"It's ok, it's not your fault," he patted on her leg with his hand. "I can sense him, he lives once again, but only until I am big enough"

The nursemaid's expression was a forced smile, how did the child know such a thing? Had he simply had a dream and believed it truth or did he really know?

"It will be ok my lord. There will be plenty of time for that." The child lunged at the nursemaid, hugging her tight.

"I couldn't ask for a better nanny," he said before slowly looking up at the nursemaid's eyes. "Also, please don't ever lie to me...it wouldn't be nice for either of us…"

The nursemaid felt a cold chill rush over her before forcing a smile wide across her face.

Destroy Own Settlements

Completely destroy settlements E8 and G6

Movement

Teleport army 1 home, move 1 and 2 to Death

Attack

Attack Death with army 1 and army 2 - Bastibella wielding the Mythical Blade

Build

Runic Forge II [Free Build Action]:
The Dwarves have assisted the Belfry in creating powerful items for the leaders of the Carmine to wield into battle.

May add additional +1 to item roll each turn. Limit of items on a 10 increased from 1 to 2.

Daemon Forge II [Build Action]: The forge production is now in full swing.

Daemonic Armour: Friendly daemon units are bulked up by a far more efficient and thicker armour, coated in tactically placed spikes.

Enemies cannot make extra attacks of any kind. Gain 0/+2.

Research

Gunpowder VI [Free Research Action]:
The development of cartridges has seen a major jump forward in gun powder weapons.

+1/0 to ranged and artillery. In addition artillery can now fire up to 1 square away.

Daemonic Altars III [Free Research Action]: Further units have been sent by the Blood God.

Blood Crushers can be recruited. 30 Blood Tithe points and every 30 units for Blood Focus.

Mounts

Purchase:
Two Terror mounts purchased.

One for Bastibella and one for Drakül.

Item Creation

A new set of armour has been created for the leader of the Carmine, ready to be given to him once he is of age.

Mirror armour created.

Exploration

If the battle goes the way it is hoped, there may be opportunities to learn.

Explore battlefield if Carmine are victorious.

------

Blood Tithe Points:
-6 from last turn
-155 from first Blobs fight
-Summon x1 Bloodthirster and x10 Bloodletters

--------

Necromancy:
All points on Cathedral: 225/1000

--------

Drakül
Turn: 2/7

--------

Population, Resources and Blood Tithe
New Population: 548
New Resources: 60
New Blood Tithe: 11
New Cathedral: 225/1000

Last edited:
Now summoned into this world pestilence is met with the stench of healthy and living beings. Through the twisted forest, Pestilence leads his blobs on a hunt to find the source of such a terrible smell. As Pestilence travels through the already twisted forest the trees quickly begin to decay as wart-like shapes bubble upon the bark on the trees. It was as if he was leaving his mark or redecorating as he would say, as he was making his way towards the signs of living beings.

It didn't take long for the animals near Pestilence to start to be affected. All that crossed paths with Pestilence were infected with incurable, not dying right away the animals scurry away infecting more of their kind, leading to a slow and painful death that would be experienced by all that fall sick. Continuing forward Pestilence was neither slowed or harmed by the twists in the forest, if anything he was turning the forest into his own playground of rot and decay.

Move Pestilence and 5 blobs to E 22

Last edited:
imageedit_8_4114983750.gif
Announcement: There will be no fluff this week! I'm tired from all the diplomacy I've been writing, so instead we're going to have a recap episode. Let's summarize all the events that have taken place in everyone's favorite underwater kingdom as we approach the climax of this game.

> Ramses gets falsely imprisoned underwater for eternity by members of his own royal family.
> He's sealed off from the rest of world for years with powerful concealment magic, losing his kingdom, his loved ones, and himself in the process.
> Ramses decides to adopt the name Ophthalmos AKA Ophy AKA The Deep Sea King and turns his underwater prison into his very own nation.
> He finds cute magical sea creatures, better known as bulla now, down there that agree to be his subjects and he vows to protect his new friend from the rest of cruel world.
> Mother Nature pays him a visit in his dream and sets him free from his magical shackles!
> Professor Modred, a well-renowned researcher, gets his hands on a Mystical Orb that gifts him with visions. He has a hard time coping with them so he kinda nopes out of the situation and lets Ophy handle it.
> The visions show them rocks falling from the sky and eventually the rest of the cast of BoN.
> In the meanwhile, a certain catfish catfishes a stranger through letters.
> The gatherers eventually meet a human and said stranger from the letters (who turns out about a super cool ancient robot!).
> Ophy continuously gets visions about everyone, as well as The Forgotten God. He thinks it's Mother Nature indirectly telling him to protect their world, his attitude towards other races changes.
> Ophy decides to put a stop the destruction of their world but realizes it's impossible for him to do it alone.
> The catfish and the ancient robot start dating and they go on an adventure together to find more about ancient robot boyfriend's origins.
> The gatherers stumble upon more people, the lepers! They attempt to coerce them into converting until a horde of beasts interrupts their ritual.
> The gatherers flee from the scene, but they remember the kind elves that marched alongside the lepers. To repay their kindness, the gatherers rescue the lepers from their battle with the beasts and take them to Bullarum.
> The catfish and the ancient robot boyfriend finally arrive at the facility he was created to find a bunny.
> Ophy meets Jose.

1 Capital City J13 (Lvl 4), 7 Settlements (2 Normal K13/H14, 2 Mining I13/H15, Farming J14, 2 Military H13/H16 Lvl 3)

82 Resources, 90 Population, 8 T1 Troops, 2 Heroes

T1: 2 Builders, 2 Gatherers, 1 Researcher, 1 Tank, 1 Diplomat, 1 Mage

MISSING FROM LAST TURN:
> Rust research results
> Magical Thermal Reactor ability

WIP:
> N/A

ACTIONS:
> Cast Barrier Shield Magic around settlements (or just H16 if I can do one at a time.)
> Train Infantry (T1) Unit (Flooding Fortress: An underwater facility that specializes in training units. Gives 1x unit when training a new unit.)
> Train Ranged (T1) Unit
> Train Support (T2) Unit (Flooding Fortress: An underwater facility that specializes in training units. Gives 1x unit when training a new unit.)
> Train Mage (T2) Unit
> Build Watchtower, alerts the nation when there are others present a tile away from Bullarum settlements. (Activate trait Speedy Builder: Derrick can build 1 building every turn for free at 0 turns)

Additional traits in effect:
- Research is reduced by one turn due to School of Fish.
- Builder Supreme: Capable of speeding up building by 2. If turn is decreased to 0, gain 1 resources.
- Once per turn, visions that might come to pass will be revealed
- Engineering Wing: Gains 1 free tech a turn

FREE ACTIONS:
> Continue diplomacy with lepers

The Drelvor Imperium
1 Capital City E22, 2 Farming Settlements E21/F21, 1 Military Settlement F22
Resources: 80 Population: 59

WIP:
Research Rune (Resolves this turn)
ACTIONS:
> Attack Bloobs with Dark Elf Swordsmen at F22
> Attack Farming Settlement at D20 with Dark Elf Ranger
> Corrupt trees at E19
FREE ACTIONS:
> Cackle

(Kingdom of Lothren) North Tetriad Elves
Resources: 24 Population: 11
1 Normal Settlement N14, 1 Farming Settlement N13

WIP:
> Research Magen (Resolves 1 turn)
ACTIONS:
> Research Gorillas
> Research Trees
> Research Wildlife
FREE ACTIONS:
> N/A

Last edited:
Post the Sixteenth
1 Capital City, 9 Settlements, 12 Structures
Roll for Cerulean Lab: 1
Roll for Nursemaids: 1 (No)

Capital City (H9) [Level 5]
3 Farming Settlements (G9, I9, D20)
1 Military Settlement (H10 [Level 5])
2 Port Settlements (I11, F11)
2 Mining Settlements (D6, E5)
1 Joint Military Settlement with The Ascendant (D14) [Level 5]
4 Structures of Knowledge
Allows # extra units to be trained per turn
5 Structures of Research
Allows extra research to be done per turn
1 Structure of Fertility
Allows +5 more Population in a settlement per turn
1 Structure of Gathering
Allows +2 more Resources per turn
1 Structure of Vigor
Allows Builders an extra turn for their trait (instead of building twice as fast, they build thrice as fast)
104 Resources, 179 MAX Population, 32 T1 Troops, 4 Heroes
10 Culture, 10 History, 5 Knowledge

T1
7 Gardeners, 4 Nursemaids, 11 Researchers, 5 Builders, 5 Diplomats
Heroes
1 Cal, 1 Atropa, 1 Bush, 1 Tip Top
1) Train Gardeners (3) on H9
2) Train Diplomats (4) on I11
3) Upgrade Joint Settlement (D20) to Lvl 3 (-10 Resources)
4) Upgrade Military Settlement (H10) to Lvl 5 (-5 Resources)
5) Research Crystal, Elven Barrier, Nectrotic Barrier, Tip Top, Gun Boat Schematics, Larger Boat Model
(once more, with feeling!)
6) Eventual Research/Buildings for Kingdom of Hjemriget
(2 Items of Research, 1 Building)
7) Eventual Research/Buildings for The Ascendant (TBD)
(3 Items of Research, 2 Buildings)
8) Tura: Sitting pretty, did revive someone tho-- (Diplomacy with Varghul)
Tentative Lineup for Beginning of Next Turn:
1 Capital City, 9 Settlements, 12 Structures

Capital City (H9) [Level 5]
3 Farming Settlements (G9, I9, D20 [Level 3])
1 Military Settlement (H10 [Level 5])
2 Port Settlements (I11, F11)
2 Mining Settlements (D6, E5)
1 Joint Military Settlement with The Ascendant (D14) [Level 5]
4 Structures of Knowledge
Allows # extra units to be trained per turn
5 Structures of Research
Allows extra research to be done per turn
1 Structure of Fertility
Allows +5 more Population in a settlement per turn
1 Structure of Gathering
Allows +2 more Resources per turn
1 Structure of Vigor
Allows Builders an extra turn for their trait (instead of building twice as fast, they build thrice as fast)
69+5+6+2+2+5-13-15= 61 Resources, 193+2(5+2)= 207 Population, 39 T1 Troops, 4 Heroes
10 Culture, 10 History, 5 Knowledge

T1
10 Gardeners, 4 Nursemaids, 11 Researchers, 5 Builders, 9 Diplomats
Heroes
1 Cal, 1 Atropa, 1 Bush, 1 Tip Top
Was she good enough for her people?

Alitura sat, in between her family - her children, their recently revived father, and smiled softly, but the question was still on her mind. Especially after speaking with Valeria. Was it the right thing, bringing him back just for her own selfish wants? Valeria had seemed so worried. And as she looked around herself, she saw the land was dying. Her last, her forest...it was all dying. Was this worth it, at all?

Mother didn't seem to mind, and that scared her. If Nature didn't mind this destruction, what was she truly after? Was her deity in the wrong here?

Ah, so you're worried about that, hmm? Why? Are you afraid your Mother cannot handle her own affairs, child?
She tried not to show how she was feeling in front of her children, in front of Varghul. But my goodness, it was nice hearing Mother's voice. She visibly relaxed a bit, the only sign that something had been off. And then she felt it.

The blanket of calm, figuratively draped over her. For once, she thought, finally. She had never wished for it to be there, ever, but now? She'd been so used to it that now it was like a safety net for her.

Calm yourself. You have a bigger family to worry about, daughter of mine. Let's get to work.

Bigger family. Her eyes looked over her children here, and then she looked back to the forest. Her Children.

They all needed her. She had to stop thinking about just herself. The smile on her face became genuine. She could do this.

She could make things better.

And fix my forest!

Click on the picture
1587252559002.png

Baldur stood at the top of the lighthouse looking out at the sea, its rage crashing against the cliffs of his home, a powerful rainstorm was here, something had gone terribly wrong, was this chaos doing? he began his descend when saw a flashing light from atop of the mountain, curiosity would get the better of him and he knew this but he could not stop himself from going up there.

holding the trident in his hand as he made his ascent up the mountain the harsh winds clashing against him, but his willpower was stronger than it. as he finally made it to the top of the mountain he saw a figure standing there, its glow resonating though him, he approached it with the trident ready to the strike, as it turned he saw a familiar face.

not a word left his lips as he saw his brother stand before him, there was no doubt about it he could even see where his hands had strangled him, he could see the eyes that had lost their life so long ago, the same eyes that had stared at Astrid as she held her dead father in her hands,"you cannot be" he muttered as the figure stood in front of him, he fell to his knees, as he cried out "HAVE YOU COME TO TAKE ME, BROTHER? EVEN IN MY NIGHTMARES YOU STILL HAUNT ME" his tears falling heavier than the rain around them, as he continued "HAS MY JUDGMENT FINALLY COME TO TAKE MY GUILT AWAY, WILL IT ALL END HERE AND NOW" the ghostly figure approached him, taking the trident from Baldur. "I FAILED FATHER, I FAILED YOU, I FAILED OUR NATION!" Baldur screamed out in anguish. "OUR FAMILY IN SHAMBLES BECAUSE OF ME, OUR NATION IN SHACKLES, IT WAS MY FAULT, PLEASE I BEG YOU END IT, LET MY PAIN END EVEN IF BECOME CLOUDED" he held his head down ready for his release before a signal thought grazed his mind, "Astrid" he muttered as the sprite raised the trident ready to strike.

like thunder, it struck down at him, but just before it could reach his flesh he grabbed it, his shattered voice with now full determination yelled out "THOUGH MY GUILT AND SHAME HAUNT ME, I MUST ENDURE THIS HELL, FOR ELSE SHE WOULD HAVE TO LIVE IT!" the sprites eyes lit up, dozens of other spirits emerging from the sides of the mountain, as Baldur screamed "I WILL NOT BE TAKEN YET!" they had him now circled, there was no way out, as he readied his trident for battle his loved ones starred at him with cold expressions.

his brother approached him, kneeling before him, Baldurs hands let go of the trident, as the ghostly figure softly told him " a king's greatest virtue, is not when he stands stubbornly, letting his people die for his pride, it is when he kneels to save them, to cast away his pride for his people." with those words the ghostly figure held the trident out to Baldur, "brother they fought for you so that you could make a better world for our people, not let them die in endless wars that you would never win" the sprite continued "out east a great monster comes its powers great enough to eclipse the stars themself, this beast you cannot run from, so prepare your weapons brother, and stand strong like our waves" and with those words, Baldur took the trident and the spirits faded, gone with the rain. he descended the mountain looking out at the horizon, his gaze full of resolution, for now, he knew what he must do.

actions: train 3 heavy boats, three range

research: volley fire, grants an extra attack roll
muskets, +1 attack, and +1 defense to range units
Trektek Trektek

ACTIONS:

Research:
Research Supreme One’s Armor

Recruitment:
Sand Snipers x3
Bone Colossus x3
Divine Guard x3

Construction:
Construct granary on L20
Construct granary on K20
Build Slave Slum on J20

Spells:
Cast Long Distance Viewing Spell

Movements:
Move Scarab Swarm from K21 to O21

Free Actions

BONUSES/TRAITS

Advanced Construction - Buildings take half the resources to construct.

Magic Engineering - Resources or slaves used for the Pyramid of Maat are now worth double

Improved Desert Obelisk: Desert Obelisk is now twice as effective.

Circle of Sorcerers decreases the time required to research and construct magic.

When fighting against armies of races they have enslaved, the Hel gain the advantage and attack first.

The undead units of Tartarus can be reconstructed after defeat, costing no resources, but an extra turn.

Slaves form the foundation of Tartarus and for every 10 slaves the nation gains +1 resource (+2 currently)

Tombs +1 undead troop raised for same cost as a free action (+2 currently)

Eternal Slavers: Millennia of being slavers has seen Tartarus become talented in using unique items as tools of war. Nets, whips and all variety of items are used as effectively as swords and shields.

For every one Tartarus unit in a combat, one enemy unit who generates extra attacks as a result of combat, cannot. E.g. Exploding dice don't explode.

Slaver Nation: Population for Tartarus represents slave numbers. Any resource cost that would be spent to do an action can instead be replaced with population.

In addition, population can be spent to reduce the time tasks take. For every 2 pop spent, an action can be reduced by 1 turn.

Trade routes with other nations can generate population for Tartarus instead of resources.

Your Will, My Hands - Grants +1 action for every settlement. (+5 currently)

STATUS

Population: 15 (4 Elves)

New Yomi(CC): Lvl 5
Walls Lvl 2
Tomb x3
Armory
Forge
Pyramid of Maat 120/400
Pyramid of Ancients
Necrotic Barrier
Desert Obelisk

Shedet(SS):
Walls
Necrotic Barrier
Desert Obelisk

Ra-Kedet (MS):
Dwarven Kings Palace: +1 Resource Generation
Training Grounds: -1 resources, -1 turn on troops
Necrotic Barrier

Apu(SS)
Necrotic Barrier
Desert Obelisk

Thebes(SS)
Necrotic Barrier
Desert Obelisk

Akhetaten (SS)

MILITARY:

Akhenaten (Hero Unit)
Kraken (Monster Hero Unit)
2x Jackal Hunters (Incites fear among the enemy units, causing them to delay their first attacks.)
1x Undead Knights
1x Undead Warriors
3x War Chariots (+1 damage toward non-monster/beast units)
6x Divine Guard (+1 to defense)
6x Sand Snipers (Can fire twice at the beginning of a battle.)
4x Tartarus Skirmishers (Reconstruct on a 7+ and strike back)
6x Bone Colossus (Greater Ranged Defense)
3x Hex Hurlers
2x Jackal Hunters
1x Scarab Swarm

Final Battle
Athanas Athanas , cinnabuns cinnabuns , Just_a_loneley_pilgrim Just_a_loneley_pilgrim , Bruhaha Bruhaha , The_split_Nation The_split_Nation , LadyOfStars LadyOfStars , CaptainSully CaptainSully , waifu waifu

It had been a full year since the arrival of the four horsemen and what they brought was nothing but devastation. Many cities fell, nations lost capitals and the loss of civilian life was estimated to be close to half. Even the might of the Ascendant horde struggled to defeat those that crossed their paths, the horsemen and their writhing blobs making a mockery of their gods. With each nation feeling the effect of their individual wars, when it came time to destroy the Forgotten God the most fragile of alliances was formed thanks to one person.

Alitura Naturae of the Sors Leporidae used her array of connections to pull in all of the leading players of the nations of Citrona. She visited each one by one as they licked their wounds, intelligent enough to keep everyone as far from each other as they could until the time called for it. From the slaver nation of Tartarus to the rebellion led by Inma in the south east, she managed to convince everyone that the single greatest threat at that moment was the Forgotten God. They all agreed that whatever remained of their forces would march together on the Forgotten God to hopefully bring him down once and for all.

She was concerned most by the Carmine, they had the weapon that was needed to slay the God but news of Varghul’s revival wouldn’t have gone down very well. Irrelevant of his part in stopping the horseman he was still responsible for the death of Drakül’s father. To her surprise however, they accepted willingly. The rapport she had with Valeria meant she could sway Drakül that this was the best course of action for everyone, revenge could wait.

Eventually the time came and the largest combined army the world had seen marched upon the giant crater the Forgotten God called home. At the base of its mountainous sides each army stood waiting for instruction while warily eyes those around them. A single misfire would have set off a chain of events that the world would never have recovered from, but fortunately each leader kept their soldiers in line.

The leaders of each nation walked towards a patch of land slightly elevated before the massive army. Tura made sure she was the first one there and purposefully put herself between Varghul and the leader of the Carmine. The white haired Drakül approached with a smile and politely bowed before both Varghul and Tura.

“Fear not...I hold no grudges. My father fell in combat which is what he wanted. Unfortunately he didn’t have the nine lives that you had,” he said gesturing to Varghul with a wink.

Tura pulled on the hand of the Ascendant leader as she could see him curl his fingers tight into a fist.

“I meant no offence. Please forgive me.” Drakül bowed once more before making his way off to greet the other arrivals. Meanwhile Tura took a moment to talk to her partner.

“The fact he has come, with the sword shows that he is serious. We can’t afford any bickering or everything will fall apart. We need him and he needs us. Valeria has promised me that once this is all done we will move forward.” Her soft, loving tones soothed the anger within Varghul and his tight fist loosened. He would let it go, for now. For he knew that in time, they would have to fight again, if only so that he could prove the superiority to his Gods for which he has plans to continue to spread their taint and unleash them upon the world. This was merely a hold on his plans, and not a setback as many might think.

“You should let me take the sword from him…” Varghul grunted.

“Stop it!” Tura snapped, her patience wearing thin with the fate of the world in the balance. The last thing that she wanted was for them to break out into a fight that would spread throughout their forces right before what should be the final battle in order to bring down this greater evil that hangs over all of their heads. “He is more powerful than his father ever was...just trust me...." Realizing that these words were not enough, she sought to sooth her husband. "Now is not the time in order to prove your strength. Everyone assembled here knows of your Great Power.”

Varghul growled before stomping off to look towards the edge of the crater, expecting a mass of flesh to begin swarming out.

Tura made her way around the others in the group to thank them for their arrival. The first was Baldur, fellow slave to the Ascendant who greeted Tura like a daughter with a wide smile. The man looked haggard from the constant warfare as it weighed on him, the greater loss of life that his people had sustained as did so many others, but brightened up upon seeing Tura, looking almost 10 years younger. “It is good to see you looking so well, but you had better keep yourself away from the action, we may need you later.” They embraced before she moved on. Next up was a flamboyant man sat atop a giant platform who looked down his nose, literally, at Tura.

“I am the God King Maat and I hope you don’t think this alliance is a guarantee of your safety child. I will return to my capital once this is done and continue my preparations for the day of reckoning. Soon enough, all shall be under my banner with the might that my Gods have granted me. Now be gone.” Maat gave Tura no chance to speak, still no more humble than he was all those millennia ago when he was bested by a small lizard. Tura simply nodded as if to say thank you before moving on.

Lord Rez, the human that ruled over the Dark Elves wore purple colored robes and nodded at Tura. "Thank you for coming with your elves, Lord Rez. Your help is great;y appreciated." He responded with a soothing, deep voice. "Yes, We shall do our part and then shall return to our forest."

The Dwarven King, wearing his thick armor was laughing with some of his men when the Leader of the Bunnies walked over to him. "You there. I'm impressed that one of such pacifism could hold together an alliance of this grand might."

Tura held back her disgust at his mannerisms and held her tongue on the subject as they needed everyone working together as Inziim had told her all that time before. "Yes, its due to this cause that needs everyone working together that helped me bind everyone to the task. be safe, o Dwarven King." She smiled as she walked away at a quickened pace.

Next was Jose who greeted Tura with a firm handshake. The young man had grown much over his time away from his nation after his leadership kicked him out. He had grown to respect both women and other races due to their council and helpfulness even in the wake of his distrust. He smile as he spotted Ophthalmos arrive to his left and quickly moved to shake his hand. “It is good to see you,” he said. The two nations had been getting on well since their first meeting and had formed a fairly strong partnership with the threat of the Ascendant not far away. Before they could deal with that however, the horsemen arrived and together they managed to protect Bullarum. Tura smiled at the leader of Bullarum and continued on to find a lone Orc.

She looked at him confused, not knowing who he was. “Excuse me, who are you?” she asked.

“My name is Aymon and I am a wanderer. I have no real home to speak of anymore as it was taken from me. I came across a group of refugees who told me about this plan to take out a God and I thought I would tag along. The Mystics had told me that I would have a great Destiny....And I think it might be this.” For an Orc he spoke very well, a little too well Tura thought.

“Well we are glad to have you. Every little helps. If you would excuse me.” Tura politely smiled before meeting the final member of the group, Inma.

The lady carried herself in a way that screamed charisma, it was no surprise she had led a rebellion against Altura. What was more exciting was the level of artillery and armor that she had brought with her. Giant walking suits of metal which would surely make quick work of the Forgotten God’s forces.
“I am glad you could make it Inma,” Tura said gratefully.

“It is no bother. We must cleanse this filth from the lands so that they can once again be clean.” Every one of Inma’s words carried such weight that even with a single sentence Tura could feel herself buying into them. To anyone that had known Inma previously to her finding her "God", the transformation over time had become so great. From meek young girl that seized upon the opportunity of a lifetime to gain power, to a woman that exuded the charisma and leadership that made people want to follow her.

With everyone briefly spoken to Tura made her way in front of the others.

“Thank you all for coming here. I know that it wasn’t easy to agree to work together, especially for some of you, but as you all know we need to do this to ensure victory.” Tura raised her posture, her expression one of determination as she focused on the nature all around her, giving her strength as she tapped into Mother Nature's reserves. “The horsemen nearly took everything from us and now there is one last hurdle to ensure that doesn’t happen again. We must work together and keep our focus on the real enemy...if we do that..we wi…” Tura was cut short as a monstrous, echoing laugh rose from the crater.

“You puny fools. Do you think you can stop me? There aren’t enough of you left to bring me down!” The voice was that of the Forgotten God, his voice a mixture of glee and rage. “I, Gorgrazork, can bend reality itself. Your armies will be irrelevant as I take you to what had been my prison. Now...COME WITH ME TO YOUR DOOM!”

There was a loud crack as reality itself broke apart, a portal opening next to the ragtag group. A massive force began to pull at each of them, drawing them into the opening. Some fought it while others embraced it, instead drawing their weapons and readying themselves for the fight. In the space of a few seconds all had been drawn into the black vortex and transported to the realm Gorgrazork had called home for millennia.
qNGtYvlN-WCfh_RXeJew-qGEsF6ZeZ61eHapZcSe5eYZAxSfjxg1wxsu0jwsSOpJP6TwfdfzXR2ItnzwpXekfhtJNb-ZT_p45XYND4STYMGgahw-tT7rkIfduE4tjzp6qbP9tTzP

Tura rose from her feet to find herself in a very elegant looking palace hall, stained glass window, marble pillars and all levels of finery. For a moment there was a feeling of safety, a hope that he had transported them somewhere by accident but the truth was far from that. The others around her were all regaining their footing when the familiar laugh of Gorgrazork echoed throughout the hall.

At the far end of the epic hall a figure began to approach, each step bringing with it the realization of how grave their situation was. Each inch forward drained the very essence from around the figure, as if reality itself was peeling away from the walls and floor, leaving behind a festering mass of death.

“Do you see what my power does to even reality? It strips it away...destroys it...feeeeasts on it.” The Forgotten God gestured with his arms as he approached. “You should have all taken the knee and joined my followers. They will live forever in worship of me while you...you won’t live to see another sunrise.”

Now in the middle of the room, Gorgrazork stopped still and slowly raised his hands outwards at his side. “Shall we begin?” he said softly. He thrust his arms down to his side and the rot that had followed him shot out towards the group, turning all it came across into an abhorrent version of itself. The group all waited for the wave to pass but thankfully found it hadn’t affected them. Looking at each other confused they returned their glance to Gorgrazork to find him within ten foot of the group.

He raised his hands high above his head and started to conjure a deep, purple ball of energy. The group split in two trying to flank him. The group to his left were on the receiving end of the attack. The ball struck the floor and unleashed a massive shockwave that projected Tura, Varghul, Inma, Rez and Jose into a nearby wall.

Varghul was first to his feet and rushed to Tura, baring his teeth beneath his helmet as he saw her unconscious. He drew his blade from its sheath, setting it alight the instant it was free from its binding. He charged forward towards the towering foe, ducking under a sweeping arm before thrusting his weapon deep into the enemies leg. Gorgrazork let out a muted cry before swatting Varghul away. The others watched as the large man, clad head to toe in thick plate, was flicked away like an annoying fly.

From the other side, Drakül, Ophthalmos, Maat, Aymon and Baldur charged forward in unison. Their enemy swung his arms wildly but couldn’t stop the sudden onslaught of the four, each getting at least one strike against the monster before falling back to a safe distance as they avoided multiple limbs. On the other side Jose and Inma both stood up to find the Forgotten God distracted by the others. For but a moment each thought about striking out at the other and to be done with it now while the other was distracted, but now wasn’t the time and they both charged forward. Jose gave a quick shot with his pistol before whipping out his saber and cut low at the back of the enemies legs while Inma used her powers to crush down on the location before jabbing in a short sword. Gorgrazork stumbled backwards until he felt a stabbing pain in his back and Inma drove her blades deep into him. Using one for leverage she began to repeatedly stab him with the other, coating herself in a thick, black ichor.

Lost in her relentless onslaught, Inma missed one of Gorgrazorks tricks. His arms snapped back and twisted, his head turning a full one hundred and eighty degrees. He looked down at the woman stabbing at him and laughed. He gripped her in one of his massive hands and with little effort squeezed until he heard a satisfying pop. Thrusting his arm forward he threw the contents of his hand at Drakül, knocking him from his feet. The Carmine leader pushed the mangled remains of Inma from himself and returned to the fray.

The floor around the Forgotten God began to glow a similar color to the ball he had thrown earlier. Soon it ignited into a bright purple flame and rocketed outwards. The group did their best to block it but none of them got away without suffering a burn of some kind.
Aymon rushed forward as soon as the fire faded and unleashed a quick flurry of sword strikes against the enemy, each hitting the target. As Gorgrazork tried to swat him away, the orc moved with a sidestep. With an opening, available Ophthalmos, Baldur and Jose began to work on the other leg. The Forgotten God cried out in frustration with every miss on the orc and so decided to opt for the others slashing his leg. He summoned a small ball of energy in his hand before twisting his body and slamming it in the midst of the trio. Each was knocked to the floor and was very slow to their feet.

The Forgotten God laughed as he raised his feet above Ophthalmos, ready to stomp him into non-existence. As it came crashing down there was a loud cry, but it was not from Ophthalmos. It was the loud grunting of the Dwarven King as he wielded his shield in order to hold off the stomp attack, waiting for the others to get away. His strength gave out as the full force of the Forgotten God smashed down. Looking at the bottom of his foot Gorgrazork saw the smashed remains of the Dwarven King who had thrust his original target from the danger zone.

“Foolish mortal...your sacrifice will be for nought…” teased the Forgotten God.

Varghul looked over to Drakül who returned a glance. A knowing nod was shared between the pair and together they rushed forward. Varghul drove his sword deep through the heel of his towering foe before tearing it out from the side of his foot. A plethora of ichor ran forth from the gaping wound. Drakül did the same on the other side, bringing their opponent down to his knees.

Gorgrazork let out a deafening cry as he felt his legs become useless, buckling under his own weight. His cry soon turned to angered roar and he raised his hands above his head once more.

“Everyone move!” called out Drakül.

Two large orbs of power began to form above the head of their enemy. This time taking longer than it had done previously, their size far bigger. Maat stepped forward and began to conjure his own magical energy.

“You fools, your weak blades and weaker bloodlines are not enough to defeat him. You need the power of a king...the power of THE God King! Witness what true power looks like and prepare to witness your future fates.” Maat spoke with unabashed confidence and pushed his ball of magic at the Forgotten God. His was met by one Gorgrazork’s while the other was thrown towards the still unconscious Tura.

Varghul rushed to Tura but was too far away and watched helplessly as the attack approached. Before his eyes he saw Drakül rush to grab her body, managing to make some distance between them and the blast before it impacted the space Tura had just occupied. They didn’t escape the blast completely however and Drakül let out an anguished grunt as he felt his body become wracked with pain. He rose to his feet and gave Tura to Varghul and watched as he put her out of harms way in a nearby doorway.

“You can think what you want about me..she’s the reason I’m here and after this is all done, will be the reason why the world will finally be at peace.” Drakül didn’t expect a response from Varghul and so returned to the fray.

Turning to Maat he saw the leader of Tartarus caught in a tug of war with the Forgotten God. Their attacks had clashed and were trying to eek out every inch towards their opponent. Then Gorgrazork laughed.

“I really do love your confidence but i’m finished playing with you...you are the king of nothing.” Gorgrazork pushed his arm forward and his blast rocketed forward. It hit Maat with a tremendous force, splattering him into the wall behind where he had been stood. A rapturous laugh escaped from the Forgotten God as he returned his attention to those that were left. They had formed a line before him.

Varghul, Opthtalmos, Baldur, Aymon and Drakül all stood with weapons drawn. They were battered and bruised by the encounter but they were all that stood between the Forgotten God and his conquest. They charged forward once again at the crippled foe, dodging an array of arm swings and strikes. In range to attack the group began to unload on their enemies torso. Slashes, cuts and deep, gouging stabs began to tear at the body of the Forgotten God who let out a roar of pain that shook the walls around them. In a fit of rage he reached with both hands, taking Drakül in one and Opthalmos in another. Baldur and Aymon began to hack at the arm that had taken hold of Opthalmos but were unable to get past the stubborn bone within. The Forgotten God grinned as he squeezed his fist shut, spraying gore all over Baldur and Aymon.

Drakül did his best to break Gorgrazorks grip but to no avail. He decided to close his eyes and to focus himself before his death but it didn’t come. He felt the grip around him loosen and upon opening his eyes found the hand that had bound him on the floor next to him. He looked to see Varghul who had severed the hand in one swing of his blade. No words were exchanged but a simple nod of the head showed his thanks.

The Forgotten God’s stump began to gush inchor over everyone and everything. His anger caused reality around them to become thick, almost like wading through a deep river. It made it difficult for the remaining four to move.

“Never in my lifetime have I ever been so disrespected by such insignificant beings. You will now know my true power and with it...your ends.” His voice was certain and believed the words it had said. His mouth began to open wide, distending like a snakes. Deep from within his throat a bright light began to glow, so blindingly intense that the group had to turn away. Soon the brightness made it so that even turning away was futile. They all let out a cry of pain as they could feel the power building within Gorgrazork.

Then without a word, Gorgrazork let loose a beam of searing power that he had used to destroy whole cities before his imprisonment. He felt pure elation at the demise of his enemies, laughing as the beam began to dissipate. He threw his head back in elation, roaring with laughter at his victory. It was then he heard something that unnerved him. A deep, gasping pant. Lowering his head he saw the group of four still standing, their weapons at the ready. Before them was the cause of the heaving breathing...Tura. She had raised a shield over the group and with almost every last ounce of her power protected them. Dropping to a knee her hands fell to her side and she looked Gorgrazork square in the eye.

“You should have stayed locked up…” declared Tura, “...now you’re finished.”

The four others charged from each of Tura’s flanks. Drakül pulled in behind the other three who could see the fear spreading over Gorgrazorks face. He swung his remaining hand for Drakül only for Varghul to display a feat of speed someone his size should be incapable of. The Forgotten God’s remaining hand was separated at the wrist, crashing into the far wall of the hall. He tried to use his stump from his other arm to squash the Carmine leader but was met by the weapons of Aymon and Baldur.

With the path clear Drakül drove his feet hard into the floor beneath him and leapt up into the air. He sailed upwards with the mystic sword trailing behind him. Approaching the head of the Forgotten God, Drakül could see right into his enemy’s being and saw nothing but fear and terror. The Forgotten God gave out a large roar that knocked all remaining to the ground. As Drakül landed on the ground, the sword fell out of his grasp, landing at the foot of the young Orc, Aymon. Drakül shouted, "Use the blade!!"

Now was his chance, he thought. This was his destiny. Right here, and right now. To defeat the Forgotten God and bring about peace within the world. He let out a roar as he swung the sword forward deeply into the God's chest, sending him down onto the ground as the blade pierced further through his chest. Drakül pulled himself up, and pulled the blade out via the sharp end through Gorgrazork's back. As the God pulled himself back up to his knees, Drakül jumped, cutting through the air before making easy work of flesh and bone. When Drakül came to rest he was on the other side of Gorgrazork. He turned slowly and watched as the Forgotten God’s head slowly peeled away from his neck before crashing down to the floor.

For a moment there was complete silence, not even a murmur until the sword in Drakül's hand began to glow bright. The body of the Forgotten God began to break down into dust that was drawn into the light of the sword. It didn’t take long before all signs of Gorgrazork were gone, leaving the remnants of the group. They all remained quiet as they regrouped into the middle of the hall.

The first to break the silence was Tura as she spoke them all.

“I have to try and get the others revived, please...go wait for me back through the portal and we can celebrate.” She was still breathing heavily but was clearly improving.

“I would rather stay, just in case something happens. I do have this sword after all.” Drakül protested.

Varghul grunted in disapproval but Tura gave him a smile.

“It’s ok, he does talk a lot of sense, just help the others once they get through.” Asking Varghul to help anyone was a long shot but she had hoped recent events had softened him just enough to listen to her. With that, Varghul, Buldur and Aymon returned to the portal and went through it.
Left alone with Tura, Drakül helped her move from person to person and watched in awe as their smashed and broken bodies were mended. By time she had revived the final one she was unable to walk and so Drakül picked her up in his arms. The pair walked slowly behind the others talking amongst themselves as Maat, Inma, Jose, Rez, The Dwarven King and Ophthalmos left through the portal one by one.

“Thank you for coming again Drakül. If I was being honest I didn’t know if you would come...so thank you.” Tura looked up at him to see a smile on his face.

“Valeria has a way of convincing people to do what she wants. She said this was important and so I listened to her.” His smile grew wider. “I’m just glad that everyone turned up to do their part.”

“I know, it is really pleasing. There really could be a chance of peace after this.” The hope in her voice was clear. The portal was within several steps of the pair as Drakül continued on.

“Well the thing about peace is that it only takes one person to break it and then everything else falls with it.” His smile had faded, replaced with a more sincere expression. “Take your partner for example. He is bound to his Gods and no amount of love for you will change that. The second he disowns them is the moment he is removed from existence.”

He looked down and looked Tura square in the eye.
8aBymtPvLBrPouc7ldi3M4wtX9o_RU9iZhLJ0n3LjzkpMRAONrKKXMKouGNjfmmCtkmABTTad-RgZGt1Leh3oVOZrGecd2yxM0k7PaYCYFDrqSa21JliT5R4bnoK7LzEg4LkM52Z

“You see there is no hope for this world while the Ascendant are in it. In truth...there is no hope while any mortal resides in it.” Drakül’s voice began to reverberate in a daemonic manner, his form changing and twisting to reveal the reality of his existence. He was an arch demon.

Tura began to experience flashes of the Carmine’s home, Drakül severing the head from Valeria’s shoulder before a horde of demons far outnumbering that which he had brought with him. As she snapped back to reality her face was covered with fear as she stared at the demonic form before her. The rotten ceiling gave way for the blackness of the portal before she was looking up at Drakül with a crimson sky backdrop.

“Behold Tura...This is what you have brought to the world…” Drakül spoke in a simple tone, there was no need for gloating or mockery.

Tura turned her head away from Drakül’s true form, her eyes immediately filling with tears. Before her was a slaughter as the demonic hordes of the Blood God poured forth from tears in reality scattered all around the battlefield. Wherever she looked demons were tearing through any mortal in their path with no concern for what banner they came under. Her people, the Ascendant, the Alturans...all were on the receiving edge of this onslaught.

“I will now thank you for bringing all these armies to one place and allowing me to kill the Forgotten God. That was the final straw in feeding Krom, granting him the power to finally show his true plan.”

Drakül carefully put Tura down onto the floor before caressing her cheek with his hand.

“I am truly thankful for your help in bringing this new world to Citrona. You will be allowed to live as the last mortal for all you have done and then I will put an end to you in the quickest, most painless way I can.” Drakül bowed before leaving to join the fray.

Tura’s face was red with tears all over, her eyes completely bloodshot. Her chest was tight as if her heart was literally tearing apart over the anguish of what had come to pass. She had wanted to save everyone...this was going to kill everyone. She had wanted to believe the best in everyone, and now she had led them to this. This was not what she had wanted. She had wanted this to bring everyone together for a new avenue of peace through cooperation. First cooperating against the Forgotten God and then let that lead to bigger and greater things. But not this.

While Tura sat in shock the others from the group that had defeated the Forgotten God had returned to their armies to try and stave off the demon attack. With every man that fell, there was a demon to take his place. It was like the mortals were treading water against a demonic tidal wave they could make no headway against.

Varghul had been the first to rejoin the fray, keen to deliver some payback to the demons he felt had wronged him. He cut through demon after demon, his sword splitting them in two with every connection he made. Behind him was a line of demonic corpses reduced to pools of ichor, but their numbers appeared to continue growing. All around him the Ascendant were swarmed, fighting their hardest to afford even a single breather. Even the might of the Chaos Warriors was for nought as the gigantic axes of the towering Bloodthirsters cut through them like blades of grass. The leader of the Ascendant was defiant, cutting through whatever stood in his path. For him, at the peak of his prime, these demons were no match for his strength, endurance and Powerful Might.

Baldur’s men had joined the fray amongst the Ascendant, providing some much needed ranged fire from their bowmen. However their foot soldiers struggled to gain any sort of advantage with the demons. Baldur held the line with his bowmen and demanded for quicker loosing of arrows. With the sheer number of demons it was impossible for them to miss and the only satisfaction he had was seeing demons drop from the falling arrows.

Jose had rejoined his men to find them holding a firm defensive position, their training giving them a level of structure that helped them not become immediately overrun. However tactics could only prevent superior numbers from overwhelming them for so long. Jose watched on defiantly, shouting at his men to hold the line as rank after rank began to fall. He called for his organs to unleash a barrage and watched with a smile as their blasts took out multiple chunks of the swarming horde but almost instantly those holes were filled by the next row of demons.

Inma and her machines made initial headway, their encased soldiers managing to survive long enough to take out numerous demons. However the attrition from losing soldiers eventually stalled their advance and soon they were in a similar position to the others. Trying to hold on, trying to survive.

The Lepus and Bullarum forces operated mainly in a supporting fashion, rushing to heal those around them while picking off any demon that they could with their powerful magic. Unfortunately for them it put them directly into harm's way and so they were butchered along with those around them.

Maat and his horde of undead fought hard, the God King and his necromancers resurrecting their units as quickly as they fell. Of all the nations, Tartarus were the ones who managed to hold their ground the longest. It appeared to be going well, the bluster of Maat on show as his lines refused to break. Then the demons changed tact, targeting the necromancers with no concern for their own life. As his mages began to fall so did his godly facade. The undead were not resurrecting as quickly and were now staying down. It would only be a matter of time before they were completely overrun.

From her position Tura watched with no hope, her people and the others of the continent were being massacred in a way that she could never have foreseen. She blamed herself, the mistake of giving away the sword, trusting Drakul to do the right thing...it all assaulted her conscience. She had wanted to see the best in everyone and for a time she even came to believe that the new Carmine leader's intentions were pure. Looking up to the sky she placed her hands onto the ground.

“Inziim...please...if you can hear me...we need you…” Her voice shook as she wept, begging, pleading for the man who had trusted her with the mystic sword to arrive and help with this swarming threat.

Moments passed by and there was no answer. No voice, no portal...not a thing. She agonized over it, cursing his name for not helping them in their hour of need. She looked on and could see Drakul, cutting his way through the Ascendant hordes on a line straight for Varghul. His speed and grace was as frightening as his true form, decapitating everything in his path with the pair of blades he wielded. Man or beast, it didn’t matter...they fell before him. She felt genuine worry for Varghul and decided to make her way to the fray.
Amongst the Ascendant, Drakul could now clearly see Varghul. A minotaur charged at him, horns aimed firmly in his direction. Unfortunately for the beast it found itself meet the same fate as those before it, falling into the blood soaked mud with its head several feet away from its body.

“Varghul...I am coming for you…” Drakul spoke softly. His words reached the Ascendant over the deafening sounds of battle, his demonic power speaking directly to the leader. He watched as his head snapped to his direction and could see that he had his attention. Drakul continued his dance through the horde while Varghul’s far more brutal charge brought the two closer and closer.

Eventually a gap opened between the pair and they both broke into full sprints towards each other. Each thunderous step from Varghul shook the ground around him while the light steps of Drakul kept him balanced. Both warriors let out an angered roar as they moved within striking distance, weapons drawn back ready to swing at the other. Then as both weapons were brought forward a bright, blinding light drove both warriors back. Along the length of the entire battle, a wall of light separated the demon forces from the mortals.

The mortals looked on in awe while the demons hit it in sheer futility, their weapons feeling as if they had come up against an immovable force. Then looking up into the sky Drakul spotted something strange, a large streak appeared overhead. It cut through the air heading northward, a bright ball of energy that grew bigger as it got closer. As it disappeared over the horizon his face was one of shock and concern. Then for a moment everything fell
silent, as it felt like the air had been pulled away from the battlefield. The entire horizon lit up in a blinding light before a powerful shockwave knocked mortal and demon alike from their feet. Drakul had maintained his balance but the reality of his situation caused him to cry out in anger.

His connection to Krom had gone, no words and no feeling of power came from him. The tears in reality that the demons had poured through had gone. Sylvania, the Cathedral of Blood, the entire Carmine Island had been wiped from the map. He couldn’t see it, but Drakul knew what had happened. He felt the anger within him rise to a level he thought impossible. He turned to face the glowing wall and thought how to break it, but it soon became clear that was not an option.

From it came a voice, an old, powerful voice that echoed across the battlefield. Tura’s tears turned to joy as she realized whose voice it was.

“I freed this planet from the grip of demons once before, I shall not allow you to gain a foothold again. This planet is under my protection. Now watch as your demons fall beneath the power of my coalition.” It was Inziim. As he spoke his last word the sound of snarling and ear shattering roars began to come from the wall. The demons looked on unperturbed but Drakul was concerned. Then like his own demonic tidal wave, a mass of heavily armored skeletons and lizardmen began to pour out from the wall. They immediately hit the demonic lines and started to cut swathes through them. Giant constructs of bone and towering lizards tore through the initial demonic ranks.

Moments after the initial wave two figures emerged from the wall. One was skeletal in nature, his black robe loosely hanging from his frame. To his left came a floating palanquin, a top it a large amphibious looking creature.

“Tokotol this is far worse than I envisioned,” said Inziim with concern. “The sheer scale of this demonic force is beyond my expectation of the events. They unfolded at a far greater speed than I would have thought possible. If I had even realized what was fully going on..."

“With their connection to their god gone, they will be far less powerful.” Tokotol responded with confidence.

“That is true.” The Eternal Watcher sighed. “I would ask you to summon more now but the risk of collateral damage is far too high. I will put faith into the mortals to do what is right.” Inziim clicked his fingers and the wall of light behind him faded away into nothingness, opening the way for the mortal nations to re-enter the fray. They all stood in shock before the charge of Varghul who immediately began hacking away at the nearby demons as Drakul had moved back deeper into their mists. The rest of the troops returned to do the same.

The formidable force of demons began to falter, their strength and capability far less than it had been before. Across the entire battle line the mortals began to make progress. Jose and Inma cast aside their differences, both coming from the same land and nation, finding common ground within the enemies that lay before them to cut a hole in the middle of the demonic force, separating them from each other. Inma launched gravity crushing abilities with her mind onto the lesser demons as they had been weakened from the lessened connection with their realm. She smirked as she gave the order with a flick of her wrist for her Angels to begin their assault as her human troops pulled back. They worship her and would continue to follow her to their deaths, but now was the time to soften up the greater demons with metal and superiority. Her long ranged support began to bombard the enemy into the middle of their crowds.

Jose charged in on the front lines with his troops, getting separated from Anastasia as she was blasting light magic near him. A large bull headed demon charged forward towards Jose and all seemed as though it was going to be lost and over with for the young man. In the midst of all the bloodshed, Saria protects Jose one last time as she gets in between him and a blade being plunged towards him. A gasp escapes her lips as the sword enters her but nothing audible, tears start to slide down her face as she feels the stinging pain of the metal. She looks down at her torso and attempts to stop the bleeding by covering it with both her hands, she is already battered and worn out from the battle so she collapses instead and Jose rushes by her side, supporting her head in his head and yelling at her to speak. For the first time since Saria met Jose, maybe even several years before that, Sara smiles. The smile is subtle, albeit a strained one, but genuine. "Good thing I quit being.... an assassin, huh?..... I'm really bad at it...." She speaks with difficulty, her breathing irregular as she attempts to laugh one last time.

She wanted to say she had been looking forward to have him see the forest with her all this time, the beautiful and magical forest where she was abandoned and also raised. She wanted to climb on top of trees with him and tell him stories about the fey that roamed there, as well as her many mishaps with them. She wanted to visited her brother's grave, the brother who she made her own, whose death changed her completely. She wanted to tell him about that. She wanted to tell Jose she loved him, maybe ever since they first met on that fateful night in his tent. Her feelings for him only grew with time, but there was never a good time to tell him, and now time had run out for both of them. She wanted to say a lot of things, but no matter how hard she tried, words didn't escape her mouth. Her consciousness started to fade away and Jose's screaming continued. The elf wanted to laugh. This world had been so unkind to them, maybe they'll meet again in another world under different circumstances, and maybe she'll tell him how she feels then.

That is how the story ended of a girl that wanted to kill, but couldn't, and a boy that wanted to die, but didn't.

In the midst of the fighting, the bull headed demon gave a hearty full bellied laugh. This type of torture was what it lived for. It made it all worth while. Jose carely placed Saria down on the ground as he wipes the tears from his eyes. He thought back to the dancing that the pair shared in the underwater kingdom as he reloaded his pistol, taking out a second pistol and loading that as well.

While the demon was still laughing, Jose gave his first bit of retaliation, blasting on shot into it’s eye,causing it to reel back in pain, dropping it’s weapon from it’s grasp, clattering onto the ground as Jose blasted off his second shot into it’s right knee, causing it to drop down. Unflinchingly, the young man took out his saber, stabbing it’s other eye. “This is for the devastation.” He stabbed into the liver. “This is for the deaths of my people.” The final slash cut deeply into the beasts throat. “And this is for Saria.”

With the final strike, the demon was trying to keep it’s lifeblood in as Jose merely kicked it over with his thick heavy boot, only taking a moment to admire his handiwork before charging back into the fray.

The Ascendant and Baldur’s fighters took advantage and began to cut through the thinning ranks of demons, as they began working well in conjunction with each other, no small task.

Baldur was a front line fighter, fighting the demon horde alongside Astrid. Her training in many things, including fighting from the Lepus had finally paid off during the year of harsh bloodshed against the Four Horsemen. Bladur used the scepter of his people in order to summon large amounts of ancient Viking Spirits to fight back against the demons. They pushed them back during the worst of it before returning back to the afterlife from once they had come. Baldur plunged his blade deep into the human sized demon that had made the mistake to pick a battle with him.

A large three story sized pig headed demon with four arms began to slash through Baldur’s army. He nodded to Astrid, she knew what to do without a word as the pair charged forward to engage with the beast. The pair worked in conjunction with each other, slashing at it’s legs while avoiding the blades carried in each of its arms as they swung and slashed with reckless abandon. Balder was doing well until one of the wildly singing blades caught his left arm, severing it clean off. The dumb beast of a demon pused for but a moment to adire it’s handywork as the blood gushed from the open wound, giving Astrid her moment to take full advantage of it. She jumped up from one arm to another and managed to jump up onto it’s shoulder, giving a wide strike at its neck, once, twice and three times until it brought it’s hands to try to stop the bleeding, before collapsing onto it’s knees and eventually the ground.

Astrid ran over to Baldur. The paller of his skin a brighter shade than it usually was due to the tremendous blood loss. “You have done well Astrid. I knew that you would and could do this kind of work. I’m entrusting the fate of our people to you. You will be their Queen. I...I always knew that I was on borrowed time ever since I did what had to be done. But now that I have done my piece, I can move on.”

Astrid held his remaining hand in hers and squeezed tightly. “I will ensure that you are taken care of with full honors. Your honor has been restored. It...It is a glorious death…..”

She made sure that his blade was well encrusted within his hand tightly so that he can go to the afterlife with his weapon in his hand to fight in the afterlife. A smile was on his lips as the life faded from his body. With that, Astrid dove back into the fray so as to make sure that Bladur and the rest of her ancestors could see her great deeds.

The Lepus and Bullarum found the time to heal and revive the fallen without having to avoid murderous demons. The many allies of the Lepus that they had acquired over the years piled onto the battlefield in aid in their fight. Spellcasters from foreign lands shooting off spells that would explode and entrap enemies, Men with armies of wolves in the fray that bot and dragged their opponents to pieces, Robots on Large spinning tops that barreled through the enemy lines, Plant people that grew large plants to attack and pull down the demons, turning them into mulch, Robots shooting off their gatling guns.

It was here that the Lepus were even bringing to bare weapons that they had only begun to bring out during the fight with the forces of the Forgotten Gods. Flying airships shooting down from up on high, Balloons that were dropping small powered bombs, and smaller mechanized tanks than the ones that were being fielded by Inma’s troops.

A roaring sound from up on above as S.A.M. and a handful of other cohorts flew on overhead, shooting off extremely powerful laser attacks that were vaporizing Demons at a quick pace. He needed to make this world a better place for his beloved.

The forces of the Bullarum were firing off various powerful magical attacks, led by Ophthalmos, The Deep Sea King. He had a mad look in his eyes as he blasted demon after demon. Up ahead, one of the smaller groups led by Poppy had gotten cut off from the others. The King rushed in to defend his subjects. Poppy had been an ever loyal member of his court. A demonic fireball was headed for her as she thought this was the end, only for the Mad King to jump in front of her and effortlessly swing it aside with his enchanted blade. Shouting out to the ruffians, he performed great feats of prowess fighting back. The demon however was furious and began to shoot off fireballs at a faster pace. The King swung back, deflecting blast after blast as he wore away at the demon firing them off. This time the demon shot a full spread at some of his nearby subjects. He splashed them away, only to be hit by one that was fired off as he was deflecting the current group. This merely infuriated the King whom struck back at the demon, piercing him over and over again. AGain and again until the pincushion that he had become fell over silently.

Smiling at Poppy and the others, it was then that he realized his injuries and collapsed upon the ground. She rushed to his side, tears in her eyes as he told her not to cry. These last two years were the best of his life in a long time and now he was to be reunited with his truest love. He handed her the crown. “This is your time now. Do me proud.”

With those last words, the light faded from the underwater King’s eyes. Poppy was now leader of an entire people, with all the responsibility that that came with in the here and now. She wasn’t ready. But she had to be.

Elsewhere Maat and his undead were close to reaching their full complement, the break in the battle allowing him to revive much of his numbers. Of all the nations however, he was the only one who didn’t rejoice as the wall of light came down. Seeing the Itzan soldiers before him, the ones who had defeated him all those millennia ago lit an anger within him he had buried deep. That said, he knew that his forces still had a part to play and so they charged into battle.

The God-King channeled into the magical energies that he received from his own Gods, brining down to bear, several Balls filled with dark energies that once they slammed down on the battlefield, destroyed Demons and his undead troops alike. He had no care for his forces. After all, they were only tools, a means to an end. He was the only valuable member of his civilization left. All elsewhere would bend to his whims.

Varghul had wanted to continue his fight with Drakul. The now Demonic Entity had gotten away from him and that was not something that he was going to let stand. He spotted him further down the battlefield, but before he could get to him, a pile of sludge blocked his path and transformed into a sludge version of Drakul. It smirked at him. “I have been imbued with all the powers and strength of my Lord. You will never get past me in order to fight him. It laughed a hearty laugh. Varghul was unimpressed as while the being was laughing, he charged forward and slashed with his large blade. It melted away out of the range of his strike. “Attacking an opponent before he was ready? Naughty, naughty Varghul.”

Varghul did not find this thing before him worthy enough to give any sort of retort and launched back in for another attack. However as the sludge tried to melt away back to the floor again, this time, Varghul was ready for him and altered his strike to hit the ground where he was going to be.

The sludge Drakul shrieked out on pain before jolting back and reforming, this time the blades at the ready. It was this time that Varghul stood still and took a battle stance as the Sludge charged forward with the dual blades at high speed hitting Varghul, once, twice, three times. He didn’t wince or move from any sort of pain, but on the third strike, Varghul had dropped his weapon and grabbed hold of the creature as he had been studying it, managing to decipher an opening in his attack, slamming it down hard into the ground.

Before it could recover, Varghul recovered his weapon and pierced the downed beast with his blade. Varghul’s voice was full of contempt for the sludge as he spoke aloud. “Do not worry. Your Master will be along to join you shortly. So you won’t be alone for long.”

With that, Varghul returned himself to the fray of battle, looking for his quarry once again.

The battle between Varghul and Drakul had been stopped, the hectic battle meaning that they had been separated. However for Drakul he spotted his new targets, the two being who stood alone unleashing powerful bolts of magic that decimated his forces with each explosion. He cut his way through the swarms of men, lizards and skeletons until he reached the pair.

“You will pay for what you have done…” snarled Drakul as he rushed forward.

Inziim raised his hand towards Drakul only for Tokotol to speak. “Stop...allow him to approach, my bodyguard will be more than capable of taking him.” Inziim lowered his arm to his side before unleashing another powerful barrage of magic into the demon armies lines.

Drakul closed towards Tokotol and Inziim with his swords ready to strike. He lunged forward to inflict a killing blow on Inziim only to find his swords completely miss to the side. He looked down to see a small lizard wielding a single, large macuahuitl.

Drakul paused for a moment laughing, “What is this small creature? How do you expect to defeat me?!”

The small lizard spun his weapon around before thrusting its blunt end deep into the stomach of Drakul, knocking the demon back.

“My name is TikTaq, Hero of Itza, Defender of Reality...you will fall to me!” TikTaq’s words caused a wide smile to cross the face of Tokotol. Upon meeting Inziim he discovered that death wasn’t the permanent fate he had been brought up knowing. It involved a lot of learning and time to learn the ways to truly bring someone back from the dead and for Tokotol the first person he would bring back would always be his most trusted advisor and friend.

“I can appreciate your willingness to die and so I will grant you your wish,” grinned Drakul as he took his fighting stance.

Then in a quick motion he leapt forward and began to thrust, stab and slash his swords towards the four foot tall lizard. Where TikTaq had deflected his initial strike, this time he used his size and agility to dodge each attack with relative ease. The speed of the blades picked up and it began difficult for TikTaq to keep up until finally he had to resort to a block. The force of Drakul’s strike knocked the lizard back several feet but he had little chance to react before the onslaught continued.

The speed with which Drakul attacked was like a fast moving turbine, a wall of steel that showed no sign of stopping. TikTaq was immediately back on the defensive, trying his best to avoid the fate of so many that had crossed Drakul that day. The little lizard had a surprise however. The last time he had been seen only the great Kroakun had a grasp of magic, but millennia with Inziim had meant the winds of magic blessed even the smallest Itzan.

Pulling his left hand from the hilt of his weapon TikTaq curled his fingers and uttered words of an ancient language. In moments a small, bright ball of energy had formed and with an acrobatic backflip he threw it at his opponent. The ball exploded on contact with Drakul, causing him to stumble backwards. TikTaq took the opportunity to rush forward the moment his feet touched the group and swung his weapon towards the arm of Drakul. Before the demon could react, still blinded by the lizards heavenly magic, he felt a sharp, horrific pain in his arm. He looked down to see the tiny lizards weapon wedged firmly in his flesh, leaving it hanging loose by a few strands of muscle fibre and skin. The hand attached to the hanging limb opened, dropping the weapon from its grasp.

“You insolent little creature!” Drakul bellowed, watching as his opponent withdrew his weapon from his arm. Trying to move it was a useless endeavour, the damage inflicted too severe. With an audible grunt he used the sword in his other hand to completely sever it. TikTaq looked on and raised an eyebrow.

“What use is that arm to me if I cannot use it?” Said Drakul defiantly.

He then launched a counter attack and began to unleash his flurry of attacks once again. This time however he began to change the pattern, adjusting on the fly to his opponents movement. Soon TikTaq found himself little space to move and finally Drakul drew blood. His blade cut through the lizards armour like it was bare flesh, slicing the skin beneath. TikTaq let out an audible yelp, his free hand quickly going to the sight of the pain to check the severity of the wound. Before he could draw his hand back to check he felt a stabbing pain throughout his entire shoulder. He found himself being driven backward at a quick pace, his feet not touching the ground. Inches from his face was the grinning visage of his opponent who had run his sword through the lizards shoulder.

“How does it feel to have cold steel tear through your flesh?” mocked Drakul.

Grimacing as his responded TikTaq’s sarcasm was obvious. “How does it feel to have your arm severed by a midget?”

The smile on Drakul’s face faded and he punched TikTaq free from the blade, sending him crashing to the ground. TikTaq kicked himself up from the floor, the pain in his shoulder worse than he had ever felt before. He looked up at Drakul who prepared himself to charge forward but the small lizard was overcome with his pain, suffering too much to lift his sword from the dirt. Instead he decided to channel one last blast of energy.

Seeing the small lizard conjuring another attack, Drakul rushed forward. His own strength had knocked TikTaq back quite a distance away and so he hurried as fast as his demonic legs could carry him. The ball of energy TikTaq formed grew to a considerable size, well beyond that of the initial one. It’s blinding light began to draw the attention of those nearby, strong winds began to swirl and twist at the power being generated. As Drakul drew closer he could feel the power from the small creature, burning away at his very being. The pain was beyond anything of the flesh, feeling as if he was being removed from existence entirely. Then as he was less than three steps from TikTaq, the small lizard unleashed his attack.

A powerful wave of energy erupted forward, catching all those before TikTaq in it. The magic of the heavens, the power of the Old Gods, cut through all demons within an arc in front of him. They were reduced to ash in an instant but for Drakul it was a much harsher fate. The skin flaked from his flesh before that burned away from his bones, leaving nothing more than a screaming, burnt husk before TikTaq. The lizard, still too weak to pick up his weapon stared at Drakul as his agonised cries stabbed at his ears. Then in one quick motion TikTaq swung his uninjured arm at his opponents throat. His sharp claws cut through what little flesh remained on his throat. The screaming stopped and Drakul’s head fell backwards before tumbling across the floor.

Inziim moved over to Tura. “Hello, my dear. I apologize for my tardiness. Things have been quite hectic lately. But I am glad that you are safe. It looks as though the battle is going to begin to die down soon. Especially now that Drakul has been dealt with. On that account, I apologize again. If I had Known just how much he was going to be following down the path of Krom, I would have stopped them before this. It was a miscalculation on my part.”

Tura’s eyes were filled with barely held back tears of joy. “You came. And that was what mattered. Mother had steered me right about you and most of the others. And it looks like things will be better now that we have gotten rid of that horrible monstrosity that was the Forgotten God. May he now be completely forgotten.”

Inziim put a comforting hand on Tura’s shoulder. “It is now once again your time to shine. You formed this alliance in order to fight something that was going to destroy you all. Now, you might even be able to keep some of it together in order to find a better place for your people and theirs.”

His eyes changed from Green to Blue as the his voice became warmer than it had been before. “I know that you can do this. You have a strong and kind heart that has helped to weather many a storm so far and you’ll continue to do so in times of great hardship. But I believe that you can form a ship that can hold together against any danger that lurks before it.”

Inziim looked back at Tokotol and Tiktaq. “However, I must go. The work of the Eternal Watcher is never done. If you need me, please, don’t hesitate to call.”

Tura looked him and smiled, giving him a big hug with which, the undead man returned with gusto. “Please, be safe Inziim. And when things settle down, you'll have to come over for tea sometime. I won’t take no for an answer.”

Inziim chuckled. “Of course my dear. I wouldn’t dare to say no to such a kind and wonderful offer. Good luck with everything down here.”

With that, portals opened up and the undead and lizard troops walked back through them, ending with Inziim being the last one through, giving a wave to Tura.

Tura took a deep breath, wiping the last vestiges of the tears from her eyes. She knew what she had to do as she stood on top of a large Demon corpse as the final demons fell before the massive coalition before them.

It was time to make history…..

Epilogues:

The Demise of the Carmine

crGL_u7qPu5qzBYZ8HGyftPGn-Nq6DA9Ln1qwB_dvQ6beJIcdI7zMqdosequHKaYeCSHPLzn5x5Sb0ge_94s-eDrzcFFUGlE5nevyrT694ULfl7532oVrjWRxTeeL99nQ4nV-D7n

After the fall of Alucard his children heeded his words and put all their faith into Drakül, his demonic offspring that the Blood God promised would usher in a new age for the Carmine. What Alucard and his children didn’t realise was that the new age would be the complete possession of their people by Krom’s demonic horde. Discovering the plan, Valeria and her brothers confronted their demon half brother. He hid nothing from them and explained in full what Krom’s intentions were. They all immediately launched an attack on him but it became apparent quickly that the difference in power was far beyond anything the siblings were capable of.

Surrounded by the decapitated corpses of the fallen Carmine siblings Drakül unleashed Krom’s full power from the Cathedral, bathing all of the island in his crimson light. All beings instantly began to twist and contort, letting out horrific cries of agony and pain. When all was said and done Drakül stood before a massive demonic host ready to enact Krom’s plan.

With the Forgotten God the main distraction of all Citrona, Drakül decided to play along with the wishes of Tura to join forces. He even forged his sisters handwriting in a letter to her claiming that convincing him had been a success.

When they arrived on the proposed field of battle Drakül didn’t know the Forgotten God would drag them all away to another reality but it changed nothing. The demonic horde, hidden behind their mortal forms stood side by side with the other nations waiting for their time to strike. When Drakül extinguished the light of the Forgotten God’s existence it gave Krom the boost in power he needed.

All around the combined armies of Citrona massive tears in reality opened and from them Krom sent forth a wave of demons to sweep away all before it. The host that Drakül had taken with him to the battlefield showed their true forms and joined the fray. The surprise attack caught everyone off guard and when the leaders who had battled the Forgotten God returned, they saw nothing but carnage.

The battle clearly swung in the favour of Krom’s horde who had left their Carmine roots well and truly behind. The mortal forces struggled, no matter how their powerful leaders tried to change the course of the battle. It looked as if the continent and then the world was going to be doomed to become an eternal bloodbath.

However, Inziim and his coalition arrived to assist the fight against the demons. Massive numbers of skeletal warriors and lizardmen emerged from a towering wall of light and charged straight into the demonic lines. During this the ancient leader of Itza, Tokotol, called down a comet from the heavens and completely obliterated the Cathedral of Blood and it’s entire island from existence.

This cataclysmic attack completely severed the demonic forces from Krom, significantly reducing their power. This combined with the arrival of Inziim and Tokotol’s forces meant the battle started to turn in the favour of the mortal armies. Angered by what had happened, Drakül decided to cut the head from the snake and made for Inziim and his ally. Inziim stopped short of killing Drakül himself and at the request of Tokotol, allowed the resurrected TikTaq to fight him.

The fight was closely fought but ultimately TikTaq was victorious, the little lizard's luck continuing on since when he was last seen on the mortal plain. With Drakül dead and the ferocious fighting from their opponents they were soon all defeated.

While other nations celebrated and moved to lick their wounds, the Carmine were wiped out by the deity they had grown to worship. Believing the promise of eternal life it was clear that nothing in life was free and ultimately the Empire paid with their lives and their souls...apart from one.

On a boat sailing east from the Carmine Island before its annihilation was a cloaked figure, his undeniable exposure to necromancy the only reason he continued to live. He wrote in a large tome, a diary of his life and experiences.

My father was a clever man, intelligent in both academics and the social aspects of life. Unfortunately he fell for the broken promises of Krom and ultimately that has resulted in the end of the Carmine Empire. My father and all my siblings are dead. Everyone else is possessed by the demons of Krom. I will forever curse his name and until my true, final breath, I will make it my mission to find a way to kill him. Gods rise and gods fall and I will be the one who looks down on Krom as he ceases to exist.

Johann Strieber - Entry 2151

The Dominion of the Ascendant
8XLILai2hAIiyrbv5hjsQmf5_CgLsNZP8gwMA3F7_jNaX1fKuXYppNr3z866TSOuCZFGymVTiwMnffIrquS76cnKAazjPq89EJpMXNyBNkZgt_7y_P0uMDdoGL9adnOGd6QIGV_Q

During the year while the main battles were commencing against the forces of the Forgotten God, Molvar, servant of the Chaos Gods of Old saw potential and the ability to cause greatness for his people and further their own goals. As such, he went back behind Vargul’s back, thinking that his weak heart would be unable to follow such a bargain. The light that Tura brings has brought nothing but peace and warmth to the Warlord. Something that should never have occured and something that would not be allowed to continue. They have made “allies” with other nations instead of subjecting them to their will. Even the great Tower that was left by the Gods for them to cause other nations to bow to them, has sat unfinished.

Molvar did what had to be done. He had made a deal with The Horseman of War. In exchange for sparing their Gods and Killing Nature, the Ascendant would help the forces of the Forgotten God, subjugate all others in the world.

Upon Varghul and his troops returning from their valiant victory against all their enemies, Molvar realizes that his plan was all for naught. They defeated the Forgotten God after all. But, he heard rumors from the men that The Carmine had been defeated as well and that the other nations of the continent were weakened. Now was the time to strike.

Molvar told this plan to Varghul and while Varghul at first seemed for it, it was Tura that said that there was a better way. She was already working on creating a Continent Wide Coalition, a Council to discuss all the nation wide issues. Reminded of her plans in motion, Varghul brushed it off as all part of the greater plan of the Gods. After all, if he were to be at the head of this government force, he could direct them to attack other continents and spread the God’s worship there along with the taint. With enough of it spread, the Gods would emerge.

Molvar later approached Varghul in the dark in a secluded location within the Capital, imploring him that for the greater needs of the Gods, he would have to kill Tura, that she was poisoning his thoughts and his way of life. That she was driving him further and further away from what the Gods wished. Her love was but a curse destined to destroy all of the Ascendant from within.

Varghul brushed it off and denied this. He was the leader of the Ascendant and he was following the plans of the Gods. After all, they had granted him great strength and constitution. If they were angered with him, surely he would have received greater pain and visions describing their displeasure. Molvar responded that his connection to them was fading as was his abilities. If he was not willing to do what was necessary for their people, then he would replace Varghul with a leader that would be able to do so and bring the other nations of the continent to their knees.

Molvar summons warriors that were hiding in the shadows that begin to strike out at Varghul, digging in deeply in the blind spots in the armor as though they had practiced this type of strike for a while. Varghul did not scream out in pain and instead lashed out, killing three of them with a powerful blow right off the back. The leader of the Ascendant lashed out verbally at Molvar, that he would kill him with his own bare hands.

“It was far too late for that” Molvar retorted. “Those blades were coated in powerful poison and so ends the powerful Varghul, one who was not strong willed enough to resist the temptations of a trollop of a Lepus. I won’t make the same mistake with the next leader.”

Varghul could feel himself getting weaker. The power of the Gods had left him and soon enough his own strength will have been sapped. He charged through the warriors gathered, killing one after another as he approached Molvar’s position. Molvar merely smiled as Varghul collapsed mere feet from his position. The beast of a man was dead. Now to appoint the next leader of the Ascendant.

In a simple but ultimately elaborate ceremony in the town square, Avalleigh, ascended the throne as the leader of the newest leader of the Ascendant. His first act as he waved around the severed head of Varghul was the slaughter of any of their “allies” that existed within the capital. There were many warriors that had now fought alongside their allies and others at the great battles against the Forgotten God and the Carmine. They had been shown a different way and some of them liked that new path that Varghul had set them on. Other warriors were not so inclined as to change their ways and began to kill the Lepus that had the audacity to exist within their walls unshackled or otherwise.

One of the loyal warriors brought the news to Tura who at this point had already heard the death that was once again to be running rampant. She believed that they were finally past this. That with convincing Varghul of the ways of alliances and peace, that the days of the salighter of her people were finally gone. Apparently she was wrong and would now have to do something that one of her people had discovered a while back, but that she thought she would never have to use.

Tura gathered up the loyal warriors and moved herself out onto the balcony. She needed a high location for this. She spoke out load the ancient command words. Again. Louder. Another time. Even Louder. The other Lepus that had been informed of these words previously, had begun to chant them as well. It kept going until the chant was loudly spoken by each and every Lepus in the Capital. It soon became a cacophony of a chant. The words loud and clear enough to be heard by every man, woman, and child within and without of the walls of the settlement. Until each and every Ascendant stopped what they were doing. They soon realized that they were unable to do anything.

Tura spoke loudly, using magic to further echo her voice throughout the large settlement. “I have tried to be patient. I have tried to help your people see that there were better things than killing indiscriminately. Many of you, including my late husband, The Great Warlord Varghul saw the value in keeping allies rather than slaves. To enjoy the world instead of pillaging it for all its worth. That there were far greater long term gains to be had. That together we could handle anything that the world could throw at us. But others…” Tura shot a look that contained a million daggers at Avalleigh and Molvar. “...Some just wish to watch the world burn. I have used the ancient control words that have been ingrained into your very essence by the Dark Orcs when they changed your people millenia ago into what you are now. I did not wish to do this. And I did not do this lightly. So in honor of my late husband and all that he held dear, I offer you all a choice. Either you stay and help me forge a better future for your people and this continent or you leave and never return. For those that wish to stay, I offer you the full support of my people. For those that wish to leave, I will advise the Kingdom of Hjemriget to provide you with boats and you will be escorted off of the continent to ensure that there is no trickery. This will be your one and only chance. I am kind and forgiving. More so than nature is. But I also only give second chances and not thirds. Test me and there is nothing in this world or the next that will stop me from ending your lives.”

Tura then began to say other words that seemed to release the Ascendant forces from the binding that they had been under. Most placed one arm over their chest and bowed their heads slightly, even ones that had previously been killing others. Clearly they saw the worth and strength within Tura. Where before they had only seen a weak woman, here they saw a powerful sorceress that was capable of stopping their entire army in its tracks.

Avalleigh and Molvar along with their army began to head towards the coast, escorted by those Loyal to Tura, both Lepus and Ascendant. The coup had not gone as expected. It most likely would have been a success if not for the Lepus uncovering those notes buried within the ancient fortress of the Dark Orcs.

As time passed, The Ascendant began closer with their Lepus allies, with many being impressed by the strength that Queen Tura had shown in the face of utter annihilation of her people and how well and quickly she put an end to their insurrection. Many couples had formed and as time went one, The Ascendant began to take on many traits from the Lepus, most notably, the bunny ears.

The Ascendant Malc and The Lepus Eia became the poster couple for the successful integration of the two peoples. Their children bore the signs of being of both worlds and helped usher in more bonding between the two peoples. The kind hearted nature of the Lepus easing in the destructive nature of the Ascendant, eventually over the hundreds of years leading to a cohesive blending.

Malc and Eia became King and Queen of the Ascendant with Tura becoming the Queen mother, taking steps back after a number of years to spend more time with her grown children, their children and other major matters of the continent.

King Malc and Queen Eia ruled the Ascendant with a fair hand, leading them into greater prosperity than they had ever known in their entire existence. Those of their number that still wished to fight, soon became protectors and trainers of others. Understanding the fighting styles of others and melding into a formidable fighting force that could repel outside invaders or nations that would move back into the darker paths.

A statue of Varghul had been placed in the center of the Capital as a monument to the man that had been the cause of the Ascendant coming into their own on their eventual more lenient nature. The statue was of Varghul in combat against Drakul, in solid Gold with the inscription on a placard near the bottom: “Love can change the hearts and minds of even those that are in the darkest of spaces.”

Eventually all the lands that were covered in taint had been repaired and brought back under nature’s wings with life spreading among them once again. All of the stone towers that spread the taint were destroyed and even the ever oppressive taint that lingered over the capital, dissipated over time, with lush forests and wildlife having been brought back.

Rumors continued to persist of raids around the world from a group of barbarians that bore the descriptions of Avalleigh, Molvar and the other more monstrous Ascendant members that had disliked peace. A section of the Ocean became known as the Dead Sea due to what those could only describe as it being Tainted and filled with truly monstrous sealife. Rumors persist that The Ascendant Pirates lived in this zone, only leaving to raid the mainlands or ships for supplies and people.

Kingdom of Hjemriget
hvWkhri6Na4-pC0uEezaCoNnGPm1Vpb01tgISph7Lwiqss6KePfxZ7Ka92fVFdGMP8uPcekUqTJEUX2yikT5ezONK1zvTBvv6iktPuhJXeg9HWGBT0G_vpEkIUGePX_SNFGW05DC

Baldur had been laid to rest the way that all of his people had been laid to rest. With his weapon and armor in his on remaining hand, having been pushed out in a small boat and his body set ablaze under the careful shot of an arrow.

Astrid wielded the longbow that shot the final arrow, watching as Baldur’s spirit went to meet with the ancestor’s having died in glorious battle fighting not one, but two enemies of the world. She knew that his were to be large boots to fill. Even with the dishonor that he had caused previously, he did many good things for their people. He helped bring them into a more modern age and greatly expanded their fleets into metal warships powered by steam. She knew that she was going to have to take everything that she had learned from the Lepus in order to make sure that she was a good and worthy successor.

During her time training with the Lepus, she had fallen in love with one of their members. A male Lepus named Fortis. Astrid was asexual, but that did not mean that she was incapable of falling in love with someone. And he was always there for her during all of her training. Being there, they were able to bond over the little things. Like how she would turn her country around.and bring in greater trade with the other nations. How their burgeoning navy could be used not only for protection, but for long term trading with the other continents, to expand their wealth and knowledge beyond their home island and the surrounding lands. She learned that he wanted to see and explore other land and peoples as well. The Lepus had been confined to a small portion of their home forest for so long. But now with things that the Queen Mother was doing, that would change.

Astrid took Fortis as her husband when the time came for her to choose a mate to continue on the family legacy. Interbreeding with the Lepus in any other time would have seemed as though it were a betrayal of their people and their ways. But after all that they had done to bring everyone together and help save the world, that alone changed many a mind. And besides, as Queen, Astrid could follow her heart and do as she wished.

Queen Astrid soon enacted many new policies towards having their people become great traders. They started producing great goods within their borders. Textiles, greater crafts, salted foods and excavated goods from the Old world. That always had a market for people throughout the continent and even with those that were on other continents. Their trade network soon moved far and wide to many markets, allowing her people to prosper in a way that they had never done before.

In time, The Hjemriget were known more for their superior trading skills and shrewd business cunning than their fighting skill. The Royal family and many Noble Houses eventually started showing traits of the Lepus which were predominant in offspring. Both Baldur and Astrid had statues in the capital made out of Silver, showing the great path that they had each led their people on for the better future that had become known. The Baldur Trading Corporation was the most successful trading company to ever come out of the Kingdom of Hjemriget, and still millenia later, is a household name.

Kingdom of Bullarum
f-gdImhlkn-7T4IiF7KNNAUJ-QXKC5nEzF2DJyUoYK6hIq96N-iWoGnazXKhiyWXHFwufRpOS8lu6NZObB71vgQSgd7LvnQ_p5rB62kPVlejbmDHfAhjf-ypo3wQaQZsVSMjU7aC

After the final battle and with the death of their King, Poppy had been made the leader of the Bullarum. It was a change that very few had any issues with. AFter all, poppy was already a leader of many out in the field. She was just not sure that she was ready in order to lead their entire nation into the future. That was something that had never even been on her radar and seemed to her to be the furthest from her mind. She had been happy and content to continue doing what she had been doing. BUt now it was the wish of their late King that she take up his mantle and lead their people.

During the course of the war and afterwards, their people had become far more exposed to the abilities of magic. Spellcasters were coming about more and more often from their people and as such, Poppy thought it wise in order to set up a magical school in order to teach them.
With the help of the newly married Derrick, a magical school was built of the coastline so that not only members of the Bullarum could get a magical education, but those of other races could be able to do so as well.

She named the school in honor of their founder and former leader, The Ophthalmos School of Magic, or OSC for short. Teaching staff were made up of Bullarum, Lepus and even a few Elves, Dark Elves, and humans as well. All various experts in their magical fields, from fighting in the war and even just given life experiences. The student body was drawn from near and far throughout the continent, and even over time, began drawing in members of nations from around the world, becoming the only major rival to the Raere Academy.

Derrick eventually settled down with the mermaid that he had been seeing as they eventually became exclusive, giving birth to many half mermaids. A love of humans and all things human soon began to spread throughout the nation from his arrival and natural charisma with the ladies. As more humans came to their establishments near the shore, including the magic school, the Bullarum began to pair up with them. Over time, the Bullarum were more half human/ half fish hybrids that existed both in land and on water, but were not limited to only being in one over the other. Their weakness of drying out on land soon enough faded into the history books. But their love and protection of the water that was their ancient home, never went away. They continued to make sure that not only was their ancestral home kept beautiful and clear of pollution, that all waters would be so. At least as much as they could extend their protection.

Even Poppy eventually found love with a human from the former nation of Altura. Even though at the first meeting with these humans, she had been scared for her life, the time spent fighting side by side and learning more about them warmed her up to them. Even more so than what she had already learned from Derrick. His name was Enrike and he as many others, tired of the war. Following Jose, they had earned back their lives, and now it was his time to actually spend the life that he had earned. He had wooed Poppy with all of the romantic gestures at his disposal and eventually they had married in an extravagant wedding under the full moon and the stars. Tura, Jose, Astrid, and even Inma had been in attendance for the event. They would have many children together and live a happy life ruling the waters as a pair.

After they helped resettle Bullarum and the other nations, SAM and Fran decided that they needed to get away from all the others. They retreated to their small isolated hut on the beach that they had previously found when they had started traveling together. It held a significance to them in many ways. It was where they had become far closer, both mentally and physically. It was here and now that SAM had gotten on one knee and produced a small box. Opening the box within was a ring with a pretty looking diamond that sparkled in the light that came in through the window. He proposed to Fran and with her in tears of joy, she said yes.

The pair spent a over a year long trip around and throughout the continent of Citrona, exploring all around and seeing how all the reconstruction changed the very face of the continent and all the people that had lived there. They saw how people came out through the darkness, all the better for it. They were happy with the roll that they had played throughout this chapter of history and were content to be able to focus on their own path forward.

When their long honeymoon came to an end, they came back to their home away from home. That very same hut on the beach, but waiting for them was a surprise that SAM had arranged through RAIS and Tura. A grand wedding for the two heroes. A four tier wedding cake which all along it detailing their journey together starting with the letters back and forth, finding each other, traveling together, and ending at the top with them getting married. All their friends and family were there waiting for them. Bullarum, Lepus, Robots and many others. Tura led Fran away to get changed into a gorgeous wedding dress of white with red and black highlights while SAM came back with a black suit with blue highlights. Married under the setting sun, the party continued until late into the night.

A few years later, with the help of technology and magic, the pair were blessed with a beautiful daughter and soon after that, two sons. The hut was fixed up to be a full home, adding on more as their family continued to grow. They got to have their happily ever after.

The Free Elves
mTbOz1mtG93iqDPnw75RvShY2CBmPC57FyjKsXahGNPq78tC050Eg1wgJ7Q5sbVP770HBhQEypRMacOEPPhp3VXxEJ8njnsgRJr1aoaNYvgN3gl8dCSgGTPWkk2FAFpqXgPUBRnO

The elves that had managed to escape the destruction and changing of their former home that was the Kingdom of Lothren, set up their own place of residence within a small forest. They had lost everything that they had had during the Dark Dwarves attacks, escaping only by the narrowest of margins. Even those of their party that tried to settle in the south had met an unfortunate fate, being killed by Tartarus.

But these elves were able to end up making a life for themselves here in this forest. Guided by the Steel Maiden Magen, she was able to help them set up infrastructure and defense. Magen had many such tricks for various things up her sleeves, aiding the elves in ways that they wouldn't even think possible.

Gael and Gaelira eventually ascended to leadership of their settlement after making allies of the Great Apes that lived within their borders. Building settlements into the very trees and living more off the land then their people had previously done before. The pair endured many hardships together, and even after the war was long over, it still took much wooing on his part before he was able to earn the affection of his partner with some careful coaching from Magen.

The Free Elves became known for taking in many refugees from the war that had no homes to go back to. A bit of a melting pot in the end, but they knew what it was like to lose your home to devastation. This open hearted nature continued down the line of history as first a continued tradition of their people, but eventually manifested itself in more modern times as an organization known as Assistance without Borders, that aided people all over the continent and in select parts of the world that they had branches.

Aymon The Hero
32TYSdb3nUh9J0ESCLcM1CG0mptJ7FdJa5VKisehGD9oG9Mai8woL0T9PI_lrb5H769Ccs-wLEdiVJucAuA1_LPfNaQ4AjpVdnkBYUU5cf6xfIeVBaxo61PViG7smg_tlOlx_j42

Aymon, the half elven bastard son of the former elven king, had remained as an Orc even during the final battles that ensured the victory and safety of the continent as a whole. He had taken a major part of that battle, leading to his added confidence that he could do just about anything. This was the start of a new chapter in his life. A life free from all his previous obligations and burdens.

But he knew that there was still more that he could accomplish. It was not yet time to lay down his enchanted arms and armor. He was an adventurer now and he would still continue to do so until he had managed to accomplish a great many things.

It was then on one of his many journeys over the years that he came across a hidden settlement of Dark Orcs. It had seemed to him that they had been building up an army and weapons for years in secret. That they were waiting for the right time to strike, and that that time would be soon. Right while the continent was still in recover from all the bloodshed and combat that it had previously faced. That was not something that he could stand for and he marched right up to the gates and demanded to challenge their leader to a duel.

The leader laughed, but accepted the challenge. There was no way that this young upstart that came out of nowhere was going to kill him or stop his plans from coming to fruition. Aymon, however was far quicker and stronger than the Orc Leader had ever dreamed of. He couldn’t block the attacks due to their speed and even his armor could not protect him from the blows. The fight was over in mere moments as Aymon left their leader bleeding out on the ground.

The Dark Orcs operated under the strongest was most fit to lead and gave him command of all their forces. Aymon had gone from the bastard son of an elven king, a nobody to leader of the remnant of the Dark Orc forces. He vowed that he would use this force to do good and be a better leader than his father ever was.

Through the happy and harsh times ahead, Aymon fulfilled his promise, leading the Dark Orcs down a better path. He even eventually took an orc as his wife and was the father to his children that his own father never was.

The Dwarves of Mirir Barakzad
m8UsUMDAl3mHj8sc4lFsmlMixcTh012sQW8KLM_L2lgn7ayey0-CjrXFyj_dkGnyrAERU2lsebgstDtOIySIK_OF2h5ta6LPCmMz4C8yq_j1lYSX2fo_ZGJZ9UPhO6ROT0F4UIV-

After the War, The Dwarves did not seem interested in staying around for too much longer. Whatever it was that they were after, they must have gained in during the intervening years of before, during and after the war. Their goals a full mystery, they left just as suddenly as they came.

The only one that had had any sort of contact with the Dwarven King before they had retreated back underground, was Lord Rez of the Dark Elven nation and he was keeping whatever words were said close to the chest.

Their settlements were left standing after leaving, with only their equipment having been taken as they left, leaving the structures fully intact. Something that The Holy Kingdom of Inma was quick to capitalize on, especially considering that most of those settlements belonged to their people originally before, giving them back complete control of the mountain range with all the protection that was then afforded.

Tartarus
uu6wQ7-5wntDgkDhPdxtIIeaOMLvqawoIhYPl31DdUeZ1NfGkWpkc526jPcAxc_BpQa5DqMJDq1fZJmRM2YOFYp9AhOTgpKw3e0yIcupEqePrK0s8eM_1LQUxrbuMxlDbZ4thuTM

The God King Maat after the war, retreated back to his nation of Tartarus. It was a nation that at this point the only living members were slaves. Slaves that were forcibly bred in order to create more slaves and then when those slaves were no longer useful, they were worked to death in construction of the Great Pyramid.

While other nations worked in peace with each other or became mostly isolationist if a part of things at large on the continent, Tartarus did not deal with outsiders at all, longing to be far apart from all others. There was nothing that any of them could offer the God King. He wanted nothing from the living and nothing at all from anyone else. He was far above everything in this world. After giving in worship to these Older Gods of their people, Maat had never felt stronger. He knew that with his powers and the restoration of the Great Pyramid, that he could conquer the continent and then the world. After he gained control of Citrona, he would take back that which was rightfully his and lost be his useless descendant. What had since become known as the Free State of Tartarus. They would be reenslaved and nothing would save them from his wrath, for he was a wrathful God-King. Holding him back would be impossible.

As time, passed, his plans began to take shape. The lands around his settlements had all been turned to desert, spreading the type of terrain that was all for his people and no others. With the eve of his victory assured, God King Maat sacrificed the majority of the slaves from the slave pits to work and finish up the Great Pyramid.

Glowing with a red energy, the Great Pyramid lifted up off of the ground where it had laid for years, bringing with it much uprooted desert sand. The God King wished to test the great power that was contained within his grand design. With a wave of his arm, the undead coordinator fired the laser from atop the pyramid, destroying what to him was a useless settlement filled only with slaves were pawns in his great schemes. He had no need of it anymore and soon would have plenty more as he conquered the continent in the name of Tartarus, in the name of God King Maat, the greatest King that Tartarus has ever and will ever have.

Now then, to destroy his enemies. He flew the Great Pyramid at high speeds to the Dark Elven Forest and began to blast away at the Powerful shield that was protecting it from all outsiders. After but a few hours of extended blast from the powerful energies, the shield collapsed and the forest was set ablaze. Settlements were being destroyed and while the Dark elves were trying to contain the fires and fight back against the Great Pyramid, there was nothing they had that could pierce both its shielding and it hardened outer hull.

Maat would soon be free of his first enemy and then move on to the next ones. He would steamroll over all that were not Tartarus, for Tartarus was him and him alone now.

His thoughts were disturbed by the Great Pyramid shaking from some sort of hit. The pilot revealed that the blast came from behind them and not the forest. It was the forces of The Holy Kingdom of Inma. Their heavy mortars and artillery were beginning to pelt the Great Pyramid with blasts of immense power.

God King Maat turned the lasers onto these long ranged weapons, blasting them to atoms, many at a time. He laughed at their impudence until a large blast destroyed the shielding around the pyramid.

A large angelic looking Giant Robot of some kind had shot at them. A holographic image appeared before the God King Maat. It was a much older looking Grand Duchess Inma. As she was not an undead like Maat, time continued to pass for her, but she was not going to let this fight happen on the southern part of the continent without her being there in person. She announced as follows: “This is your one and only final warning Maat. Surrender and follow the One True God or be obliterated into nothingness, your legacy all for not and forgotten by all future generations, looked to as only an example of failure of the highest degree.”

God King Maat snarled. “Impudent wench. You dare threaten a God? I will kill your people but let you live so that I can continue to inflict great pain on you for generations to come. My magic will keep you alive, lingering just on the precipice of death, while you beg for it, it will never arrive.”

Inma smirked. “So you have chosen Death then. It is what I have expected, but thought perhaps that I would be surprised for once.” The hologram disappeared and Maat fired the Laser at the Seraphim, only for a shield to flicker into place, deflecting the blast.

The large machine soon charged from its position on the hill towards the Great Pyramid, dodging the Laser fire until it came right up to the flying fortress, grabbed it tightly and slammed it hard into the ground.

Maat hit the ceiling on the way down, something that would have broken his ribs and caused immense pain if he were still alive. This would not be the way that his story would end. He would not let it be this way.

As he tried to stand up, he realized that his legs were not working. With great frustration, he began to crawl on his elbows to the controls, firing the lasers which were now within the boundaries of the shield of the Seraphim, blasting the right leg to smithereens, causing it to fall onto the Great Pyramid.

God King Maat chuckled slowly, a mad kind of small chuckle that got louder as he heard the sounds of a buildup of magical energies. That last shot combined with the Seraphim falling on the Great Pyramid must have caused irreparable damage to the magical crystals containing all the energies. There wasn’t time. But at least he could rest easy knowing that he would take out that wench of a leader with him.

He opened up a magical visual to speak to her so that at least he could taste her fear before they met with oblivion. Inma looked relatively calm as she was shouting orders for people to leave the Seraphim or make repairs.

God King Maat smiled at Grand Duchess Inma. “It seems that you stopped my Great Pyramid, but there is one thing that you did not anticipate.”

“And what is that Maat?”

Her continued impudence was bothersome, but at least this should wipe that look of superiority off of her face. “You are going to die in a firey explosion of death and destruction that will not only consume this pyramid, but also you and your machine.”

Inma closed her eyes and placed her hands together. “Then I shall go to take my rightful place with The One True God. I have earned my rightful place by his side.”

Maat could not understand her calm and serenity at the face of certain death in this manner. “Your empire will fall and all that you have worked for will be nothing.”

Inma opened her eyes and looked straight at Maat. “I think you are confusing me with yourself. The Holy Nation of Inma will survive my death. My son will follow my path to greatness and continue to lead our people. But with your death, your nation will crumble back to the darkness from whence it came. Your nation is nothing but your own greed, held together by your hate and nothing else. Whereas I had matured with age and grew, you are the same impetuous man child from my youth. Goodby Maat, perhaps you will find some contentedness within the void that you are surely to end up in.”

God King Maat was filled with unbridled rage, screaming at the top of his lungs as the energy that lay contained within the Great Pyramid, detonated, destroying the Great Pyramid, The Seraphim and anyone that happened to be within a few miles of the battlefield. The explosion was observed by Inma’s troops on the distant hills and came to investigate. There was very little left after an explosion like that. God King Maat and Grand Duchess Inma were both pronounced dead at the Battle of the Fields of Death.

Soon afterwards, reports of all of the undead within the borders of Tartarus disappeared, being led away into portals by a woman wearing what could only be described as wearing Tartarus garbs.

The remaining slaves were freed and most went to live with The Free Elves. The settlements of Tartarus were left to collect dust and would eventually be buried under the very sands that they had created around their lands. The history books marked the God King Maat as a powerful undead madman who only cared about himself and no one else within his borders, which led to his ultimate demise.

The Drelvor Imperium

Lord Rez had been through much after the Great War. There were both good and bad events. A major magical school was opened up in Bullarum, of which he was surprisingly an occasional guest speaker. Lord Rez loved when the center of attention was not only on himself, but that it was about something in which in his m
fT47cLmwOMgUibMjoXjejRPpnELxm9xQfu8R95UQiE7VVhbLrFz_KBAlD5BbBVwfckXc59fUTU40yJ2krg5LQdflWxvPqc80vkfogS_9Zg0Y8vSMFklBd2x3R7sQRdQn3uhpyLRj
ind, he excelled at to a very high degree. Also, his nation had been violently attacked by the Kingdom of Tartarus, by their God-King Maat.

Unfortunately, he had not been able to stop the Grand Pyramid before they were saved by the Holy Nation of Inma. He didn’t want himself or his nation to be indebted to anyone, anymore than they had to be.

The Drelvor Imperium was everything that he had hoped it would be when he concocted this plan. The Dark Elves were loyal to him as he made them far more powerful than they had ever been before, and with his darker magics tied directly into the life tree in the forest, his powers were greater than they had ever been before. While not limitless, a magical genius of his ability could easily do great and fantastic things with what he has access to.

Even though access to the Dark Forest was restricted, Lord Rez did the appropriate thing and set up a statue of Grand Duchess Inma to commemorate her and her peoples sacrifice to help protect their home. It lay outside the forest in the middle of the battlefield.

Lord Rez had granted Queen Mother Tura access to the Dark forest in order to locate something of great importance. He sent her in with a small escort.

What Tura found, was something that she had been searching for ever since RAIS had told her that there was another, larger facility that was where the Lepus were actively created and not just a small research facility.

Traveling into its depths, Tura and crew come across a difficult computer system known as HIARM that tries to hamper or harm them at every turn. First by locking down the systems that they were trying to use and then by sending brainwashed and monstrous versions of the Lepus that required the group to run away from.

Eventually using their bravery and intelligence, they managed to calm down the monstrous Lepus and track down the mainframe of HIARM by uploading a copy of RAIS into the operating system. What followed next was an epic battle inside the computer system of RAIS vs HIARM with RAIS eventually proving victorious.

With RAIS searching through the system, it seemed that HIARM had been infected by a major computer virus uploaded by spies from the enemy of the Cerulean people which caused the secession of all proper cellular creation of the Lepus for helping with the environment.

Having taken full control of the systems, RAIS started the cryorelease on the many, many containers that held Lepus. After waking them all up, Tura didn’t want the system falling into anyone’s hands, especially since she didn’t have easy access to it and had RAIS subtly sabotage the systems so that they wouldn’t work.

Lord Rez allowed Tura to leave with all the new Lepus and went to have the facility studied, but did not have access to anyone that could work that level of technology. It was something that he would continue with for a long time.

Not much was known about the Drelvor Imperium after that, however. They were a secretive people and it is very difficult to get a permit even in this day and age to enter the Dark Forest, where the Dark Elves remain supreme rulers of.

The Nation of Altura
6qlx61TEXhaK4ID5fRMqbEkhckcOkP1U4-niZ3P4_-GBCUZhAOPSkp_l-bld2TDCkpBnoF4_mC3tZrniIOqBZu_yyKax9W2PBgUEBlHDE1gnlOCLZMERjkaBQEgubAwXDw36Q28c

All that really existed of the former nation of Altura existed with Jose and the men and women that he had brought with him on his exodus from their lands in the face of expulsion from the Tetrad. Those that had not gone with him, were either killed by the Dwarven invaders or absorbed by Inma’s revolution.

It came from him expanding their people and taking in those that were different. Something that was against some of the teachings that they followed, but they were consecrated in the name of the One True God and that was what truly mattered. At least to him.

It allowed him first to bring into the fold humans from another nation that had previously dealt with spirits, some of whom like Anastasia knew and wielded magic. That alone had opened his eyes when he took in the wayward elves that no longer had a home either, meeting Saria. Saria had saved his life during that final battle, dying to a demon’s blade. That had changed him. IN the underwater capital in Bullarum, he had gotten somewhat closer to Saria, there was something that drew him to her. Perhaps it was her exotic, elven appearance, or perhaps that she seemed to always fight for what was right. But there was a definite draw there. Something that especially in that juncture in his life, he would never have been able to act on. But then the time passed and was too late, even if he did really know what his feelings were.

Jose was a leader of his people, of all this melding of people, the new Nation of Altura, the elven refugees, the Jade Union refugees, and other refugees that they had picked up along the way. They were all lost people, but under him and the One True God, they were found.

Together they built a new Capital City in the lush grasslands that had survived the battles, anming it Saria City after the fallen assassin, with a statue in the square, dedicated to her service, so that the people wouldn’t forget all that she had done for them.

Jose eventually settled down with Anastasia, fully uniting the two peoples under a combined banner once and for all. Together they had two sons that would help continue the line.

A Grand Cathedral had been constructed in the name of The One True God. Inside was the Holy Sword that killed The Forgotten God. Stories were soon told of how The Great Hero Aymon, an Orc that had heard the teachings of The One True God used the Holy Sword that was gifted by the true God to defeat the False God. These teachings were of course disputed by followers of the Church of Inziim that stated that Inziim was the gifter of the sword and not The True God. Saria City soon became a part of the Great Pilgrimage in the name of The One True God that existed across the continent. Missionaries of The One True God soon flocked from both The Nation of Altura and The Holy Kingdom of Inma, spreading new worship around the continent of Citrona, gaining converts from many people including Bullarum, Lepus, Dark Elves and even Ascendant.

The Holy Kingdom of Inma
2UDVUEAcIMf8TwbSWNQ3wxM9zm24Bs1h0QkDhFRTh0__Qgah3ckbRZgDbdKgdCmMzKxdbOhObENXY8k7PWz-hTIHsVWqdPDkhjonuv79ZyrVXzvawINRJlFCFYRzc1GqntXLPuin

Grand Duchess Inma had managed to unite the entirety of the South Eastern desert under her rule, reforming the Nation of Altura into the Holy Kingdom of Inma, followers of The One True God with whom, Inma was said to have a direct connection to. Her angelic machines helped her maintain control and order. Her advanced technology helped aid her in better commanding her people.

As time went on however, she began to see that having power was not just a means to an end. SHe began to use the vast technological gift to aid the people. Building farms in the desert, rapid construction of housing, education reforms so that her people wouldn’t die of stupidity and advanced medical research so that her people wouldn’t die of disease.

Within her lifetime, she vastly improved the quality of life for her people, doing a far better job than that blasted Tetrad. She even managed to find someone suitable for marriage and had a son that would one day help carry on her legacy.

Under her leadership, the desert soon began to bloom and become more livable for her subjects. Her God assisted her in her tasks, but its main hold over her had faded over time. Its original plans and machinations fell by the wayside as he returned to being a more useful servant. One day perhaps, its country would rise again. But it was not this day.

As Inma got older, she even established better trade relations with Jose and The Nation of Altura, and he allowed pilgrims from The Holy Kingdom to arrive. They were the only two nations that fully and wholeheartedly followed the religion of The One True God, so they had to stick together.

Inma finally met her end saving The Drelvor Imperium from Tartarus and the Mad King Maat. She was succeeded by her son, Xavier. He proved to be a strong leader and helped continue his mother’s reforms, making The Holy Kingdom of Inma, a place that people would come from all over to visit. With Holy sites and Old World dig locations, it was a premier location for explorers and Lepus historians.

The Los Hombres
V8KMvLS07TzJJ4-y1FFeosLVBE_m1MjZmo4dvCDqld-EZ9gaWYxEoNCqp8j3E55011b0gTlyVTHuOW7AW6REprcFBHqDnj5OE_quNnS5vJeblGqFuqs7pGR_jaY0E9dSOz-0lUk1

Jiminez and his people had taken off into the deep sea. They had given up on Citrona. The land was too harsh and unforgiving. They would never find a proper home there and they would need to go elsewhere. So they continued on their journey for many months at sea, keeping together with the large amounts of supplies that they had picked up at the beginning of their journey.

Eventually they settled on a distant land and started a new life, far from everything that they had known. It was a peaceful life. Something that was so strange and foreign. And somehow, Jimesniz was made the leader of this large group of people, a task that went far better than expected when it was made up of people that actually wanted to follow his orders instead of break down into infighting at the first sign of a beautiful nude woman made of water.

They built a lasting civilization that would stand the test of time.

Sors Leporidae
5Kw076z58cnlvbGJHwl2kvS-ryUN88o8V1jRA8vFnDmed4qayUKBCtApyMsvTklXEXV96QTnED-9wYvKji9XftNFyF4HuJ9gkbtIM0LYOFnhJn123T17wBA_wtzuRiPjZXyWsDFt

The Queen Mother Alitura Naturae had managed to do the impossible. She had managed to not only unite the various bickering countries together into a fighting force to defend the continent from the dangers that threatened to engulf them all, but also managed to set up a major government.

Her speech was moving and heartwarming in all the right places, and most of the remaining nations were willing to take a part in the Council of Nations. The only one that had outright refused had been Tartarus. After the battle and hearing out Tura’s request, Maat merely gave a huff and stormed off with his troops. But all others were open to the idea.

It had taken a lot of time to set up. IN the intervening time was when Varghul was assassinated by his own people. Of which, the damage to the Ascendant and others was vastly limited due to her knowledge and skills.

The Council of Nations was set up so that each Nation would have a single vote and all the nations could vote on various policies that would affect all of them. It should hopefully keep the nations from fighting each other, or at least extend the periods of peace that would be between the fighting.

It wasn’t perfect, but it did help avoid many a confrontation that previously would have ended in needless bloodshed. Tura was very happy with the end result. She had only wished that Varghul had been able to live to see it and be a part of it. At least she would be able to continue to steer his people down a better path.

The Lepus continued with Tura at the helm to be peacemakers, explorers, inventors, gardners and general friendly people.They no longer had to worry about having to be hunted to near extinction. Tura had brought them out into the light and in doing so, made the world a much better place. SHe had done what Mother Nature had willed and always intended for her to accomplish.

Inziim often visited when he could, sharing tea and scones, going catching up on current events. She told him about how the Council was working well and he told her about how the world was now safe at present with new allies gathered.

Over the years as the world moved along, Tura had many lovers, and many more children, but never really seemed interested in taking another partner. It seemed that without being hunted, the Lepus lived a long time as they began to spread all over into many countries.

Tura had spent the time doing many things. Once she had fully set things up and her children were old enough, she took a step back from the Council for them to take a leadership position inside the Council, even though her protege would eventually take the position of Queen Mother . She then explored around the continent, learning from its people and tracking through ancient unexplored ruins. She learned new languages, and trained in new skills.

It was in her later years where it had looked as though she had only aged about ten years when she had aged hundreds of years that Inziim came to her.

Inziim’s eyes glowed a brillant green. “Tura, my dear. You look radiant as always. I do so hope that you are well.”

Tura chuckled. “I am, my friend. What did you want to discuss?” She poured them both the customary tea, even though it was clear that Inziim had something different that he wished to discuss.

Inziim blew on the tea and then took a sip. “Lovely as always, Tura. And yes, I did have a reason for this visit. I wish for you and by extension, some of your people that you feel would be up for it, to join me.”

That was certainly not what she had been expecting. Why would he want her to help him. And wasn’t her place truly here on this planet and not galavanting out elsewhere in the cosmic abyss.

Inziim placed a hand up in front of him. “I know what you are thinking. And I know that you’d be plenty useful. Your skill here in setting up a council for the people of this continent was certainly reason enough, not including your genuine compassion and the way that you have with people. I really would be honored if you joined myself and Tokotol as defenders of this world. You have so much more to give and selfishly, I would like you to give that to me so that we could help people on a grander scale than ever before.”

It was a lot for her to take in. “C..can I have some time to think this over. It’s really a lot to process.”

Inziim’s eyes changed to a deep blue. “But of course Tura. There is not rush at all. Now, about those scones….”​

The conversation continued on as per their usual meetings over tea. But Inziim’s words continued to linger in her mind long after he had gone. Could she make an even greater difference? Could she manage to prevent more callous deaths in the future and even in other places than here? It was a lot. When asking Mother Nature, she only responded with that one should follow their heart.

It was a few weeks later that she finally made her decision. She decided that she was going to leave with Inziim and be a part of his team. In an elaborate ceremony, Peanut was raised to Queen Mother. Her and her sisters were all in tears as to the matter, but held it together for the ceremony. Peanut even had her teacher, Tibor by her side.

After gathering up those of the Lepus that would be joining her and them all saying their goodbyes, Inziim came by, opening up a portal. As they all walked inside, they knew that they were walking towards their future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back