• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Boku no Hero: Peace Sign Academia OOC

look its all might with a lion head

0b38f3e9e2a6367c39bbffc865c4f02c.png

To this day I still have no fucking clue how they thought making Edison a lion was a good idea. How do you even twist his legend to justify that?

To this day I still have no fucking clue how they thought making Edison a lion was a good idea. How do you even twist his legend to justify that?
He was summoned, i think, by some weird mumbo jumbo america did, basically making him the embodiment of everything American.

also he was the father of cinema, and the most prolific image of cinema is that roaring lion, though this is just assumption on my part

EDIT: The proper name for the lion is the Metro Goldwyn Meyer lion

He was summoned, i think, by some weird mumbo jumbo america did, basically making him the embodiment of everything American.

also he was the father of cinema, and the most prolific image of cinema is that roaring lion, though this is just assumption on my part

Shoulda made him an eagle if he's the embodiment of America.

Imagine: this is your Thomas Edison this evening.
ScreamingEagle2.jpg

Shoulda made him an eagle if he's the embodiment of America.

Imagine: this is your Thomas Edison this evening.
ScreamingEagle2.jpg
There's actually no reason for it, after digging around. F/GO's weirdness is just like that. Da Vinci manifests as Mona Lisa, because he saw her as the epitome of beauty, and he wanted that. Hans Andersen manifests as a child (and yet has that sexy sexy voice) because he believed that his childhood was his 'prime' in his imagination and creativity. Thing to note is that Vlad and Edison both have the Shapeshift skill, and Vlad (who normally has Innocent Monster) is said to have been twisted into the vampire guy that he is in GO because of what people believe he is, so it is logical to say that Servants with the Shapeshift skill may have been altered by people's views on them. In a similar vein, Edison may have manifested as All Might with a lion's head based on many people's views on him, one of which was that he is the father of cinema. Also, it helps that he is called the 'King of Invention' in-universe, and Kings are apparently a big thing in Fate. The leap of logic here is that 'what is the most iconic cinema thing?' and 'what else can be equated to a King?', and bam, its a lion.

There's actually no reason for it, after digging around. F/GO's weirdness is just like that. Da Vinci manifests as Mona Lisa, because he saw her as the epitome of beauty, and he wanted that. Hans Andersen manifests as a child (and yet has that sexy sexy voice) because he believed that his childhood was his 'prime' in his imagination and creativity. Thing to note is that Vlad and Edison both have the Shapeshift skill, and Vlad (who normally has Innocent Monster) is said to have been twisted into the vampire guy that he is in GO because of what people believe he is, so it is logical to say that Servants with the Shapeshift skill may have been altered by people's views on them. In a similar vein, Edison may have manifested as All Might with a lion's head based on many people's views on him, one of which was that he is the father of cinema. Also, it helps that he is called the 'King of Invention' in-universe, and Kings are apparently a big thing in Fate. The leap of logic here is that 'what is the most iconic cinema thing?' and 'what else can be equated to a King?', and bam, its a lion.

That's all precisely why I take FGO with a grain of salt when doing Fate-related stuff. I'm more old school and prefer it when everything was based on legend. You can get creative, but it's still all based on legend. Like FSN Lancer wearing blue spandex because in legend he painted himself blue when he went into combat. Or how Atalanta has cat ears and a tail because of her legend. Stuff like that I'm A-OK with. I'm also perfectly fine with Vlad being a vampire because they established very early on that society's perception plays a big role in servants. That's why they get stat boosts when in their homelands. Most of what we see is the grail interpreting legends and beliefs and giving them form. Like Saber didn't shoot giant golden death lasers when she was alive. That's simply the grail interpreting the legend of Excalibur and giving it form. That's all stuff I'm fine with.

It's when you deviate from that and just go "lol cuz I can" that it bugs me. And FGO does that with a lot of it's servants. They have the flimsiest justifications and sometimes none whatsoever. But then there's also servants in FGO that have great designs and abide by all the old rules. So it's always a "pick your flavor" as far as I'm concerned. I, personally, would never use FGO Edison if I used him in a Fate roleplay. But I would use FGO Ozzy. As long as it adheres to the old rules I'm all for it. And going by the old rules Edison shouldn't be All Might Lion, since literally nobody believes he was a lion. For that to work like Vlad's thing people would legitimately need to associate Edison with a lion, like they did with Vlad and Dracula. But nobody does that. So perception shouldn't have influenced his appearance to be a lion.

That's all precisely why I take FGO with a grain of salt when doing Fate-related stuff. I'm more old school and prefer it when everything was based on legend. You can get creative, but it's still all based on legend. Like FSN Lancer wearing blue spandex because in legend he painted himself blue when he went into combat. Or how Atalanta has cat ears and a tail because of her legend. Stuff like that I'm A-OK with. I'm also perfectly fine with Vlad being a vampire because they established very early on that society's perception plays a big role in servants. That's why they get stat boosts when in their homelands. Most of what we see is the grail interpreting legends and beliefs and giving them form. Like Saber didn't shoot giant golden death lasers when she was alive. That's simply the grail interpreting the legend of Excalibur and giving it form. That's all stuff I'm fine with.

It's when you deviate from that and just go "lol cuz I can" that it bugs me. And FGO does that with a lot of it's servants. They have the flimsiest justifications and sometimes none whatsoever. But then there's also servants in FGO that have great designs and abide by all the old rules. So it's always a "pick your flavor" as far as I'm concerned. I, personally, would never use FGO Edison if I used him in a Fate roleplay. But I would use FGO Ozzy. As long as it adheres to the old rules I'm all for it. And going by the old rules Edison shouldn't be All Might Lion, since literally nobody believes he was a lion. For that to work like Vlad's thing people would legitimately need to associate Edison with a lion, like they did with Vlad and Dracula. But nobody does that. So perception shouldn't have influenced his appearance to be a lion.
The thing is, Tesla was already electric man, so they needed something else to make Edison recognizable. Imagine if we had just a dark-haired Shakespeare for Hans

The thing is, Tesla was already electric man, so they needed something else to make Edison recognizable. Imagine if we had just a dark-haired Shakespeare for Hans

That's why you gotta be creative and find cool ways of interpreting legends. One of my favorite examples is Richie. In life dude proclaimed everything to be Excalibur. So what can we do with this? Let's make his NP let him turn literally anything into excalibur and shoot excaliblasts. His chuuni bullshit ends up letting him fire excaliblasts from sticks he picked up off the ground. That sorta thing is hilarious and awesome to me. I don't know the details of Edison's life but I'm sure you could figure something out there. Hell, I'm sure people already have with all those sites that have fan-made servants.

That's why you gotta be creative and find cool ways of interpreting legends. One of my favorite examples is Richie. In life dude proclaimed everything to be Excalibur. So what can we do with this? Let's make his NP let him turn literally anything into excalibur and shoot excaliblasts. His chuuni bullshit ends up letting him fire excaliblasts from sticks he picked up off the ground. That sorta thing is hilarious and awesome to me. I don't know the details of Edison's life but I'm sure you could figure something out there. Hell, I'm sure people already have with all those sites that have fan-made servants.
that said, due to Shapeshift, edison may not manifest as lion all might in other grail wars...

that said, due to Shapeshift, edison may not manifest as lion all might in other grail wars...
I'd be perfectly ok if lion all might isn't some default for edison, if he's SUPPOSE to be a normal guy. But because he can shapeshift he went "fuck it, this is what I wanna be". Sorta like DaVinci being a little shit and wanting to be Mona Lisa.

Auditorium is like a college auditorium. It isn't an open space. Ballroom could work I suppose. Although that still isn't a general event space. But for a costume party it could work, which begs the question why the Principal summoned all the students to the shoe lockers.
The party itself wasn't going to take place inside the main building though, it was gonna take place in the PSA entrance, central garden and recess area. These are all considerably large

The party itself wasn't going to take place inside the main building though, it was gonna take place in the PSA entrance, central garden and recess area. These are all considerably large

You should probably name them differently, then. There's literally a "main building entrance" and in both description and picture it's the shoe locker area. So you explicitly stated we're in the "main building entrance" which is the shoe locker area. Are we meant to be outside in the central plaza/garden/thing?

You should probably name them differently, then. There's literally a "main building entrance" and in both description and picture it's the shoe locker area. So you explicitly stated we're in the "main building entrance" which is the shoe locker area. Are we meant to be outside in the central plaza/garden/thing?
No we are in entrance hall of the main building. We are not where the party was supposed to take place, we were only called there to meet the representative of the company for a moment, after changing into our costumes.

No we are in entrance hall of the main building. We are not where the party was supposed to take place, we were only called there to meet the representative of the company for a moment, after changing into our costumes.

I see... wouldn't it have made more sense to meet somewhere suited and specifically designed for large gatherings rather than cram us among the shoe lockers? Because I'm legit going to post Toki not being able to see because there's a shoe locker in her way. I will never let that pass me by.

I see... wouldn't it have made more sense to meet somewhere suited and specifically designed for large gatherings rather than cram us among the shoe lockers? Because I'm legit going to post Toki not being able to see because there's a shoe locker in her way. I will never let that pass me by.
If you want to, go ahead. The reason they are meeting in the entrance hall is because it's a location not as easily viewed by outside witnesses that si directly linked to the changing rooms

Very barebones post. And I wasn't able to proofread, sorry. My resources are quite limited at the moment. :v

But I would use FGO Ozzy.
good taste

I'd be perfectly ok if lion all might isn't some default for edison, if he's SUPPOSE to be a normal guy. But because he can shapeshift he went "fuck it, this is what I wanna be". Sorta like DaVinci being a little shit and wanting to be Mona Lisa.
Fate Edison is a wild ride in general. He is also almost definitely True Berserker in Strange Fake who appears Babbage style as a big scary robot man. Personally I like it when Fate goes full buck wild, one of my favorite Servants is Berserker Jack the Ripper for being one of the coolest takes on a legend that Fate has done. Then again Strange Fake in general is great and might beat out Zero as the best entry to the series and I really need to sit down and read the light novels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back