• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Ezzy hurriedly buttoned the edge of his jacket as he ran through the crowd towards the city hall train station. Dang it, I'm gonna be late!! He thought racing past dozens of humans, person after person. When he saw the entrance he quickly ran towards it, descending down the stairs while digging through his pockets. Great, left my watch in the apartment. He walked around searching for a seat but not finding one he stood at the edge of the tracks. There was a clock on the wall but he couldn't read it from where he was standing and it was behind a shifty group of people he didn't have the means to approach. The reason he needed to get on the train so badly was that he needed to keep his cover as a human by going out to see a few friends. It was almost a mission of sorts to keep up his identity. He shuffled his feet nervously deciding to ask the girl next to him. "Pardon me, but could you tell me the time? I don't want to be late and miss my train." He finally looked up from his shoes and to the girl.

She stared back at him, mouth slightly agape. Louise had been on the run for quite some time now, and this had been the first time one of her hunters had walked up to her so casually. She took this as a sign that maybe her act was working. Unless, of course, this was a ploy. Get her to some location and end her there. She anxiously rubbed one of the pearls around her neck, a small, casual smile on her face. "Oh, of course. It's... 9:28."

"Thank you. So, I guess I didn't miss my train. That's a relief." He stood there awkwardly for a few moments. He was about half an hour early, actually. "Hey, um. Not trying to pry, just curious. Are you going to some sort of fancy-throwback party? Because I really like your dress." As he said this a few people standing to the other side of him scooted over warily, probably thinking he was crazy. "Name's Ezzy by the way. What's yours?" He was just trying to make some small talk, he probably wouldn't encounter her again later. It was New York, after all. Plus, sometimes it paid to be friendly. That's how he got to be friends with Alex and the reason he's going on the subway to visit him and his friends now. He was even awarded to become the top undercover operative but truthfully being undercover most of the time sucked. He just wanted to turn into a cat and curl up into a ball forever. The worst part was, he could do that but it could only be for a moment before he has to do 'human' things again. And he was sick of it.

She blinked. He really didn't realize that she wasn't human. She was safe- at least for the time being. "Oh, no. I'm not going to a party. I just... It's my birthday today. I'm treating myself. When I wear nice clothes, it usually means I'm going to have a good day." When he introduced himself, she smiled. "Ezzy? That's a nice name. I've never met someone with a name quite like that. You can call me Louise. Or Lou."

"Oh! Happy birthday then, Lou, hope you enjoy it." He almost sighed at that. Being on Earth for so long...human customs had really got to him. None of the other SOSK celebrated these 'birthdays' that the humans did. They were immortal after all. Some of them didn't even keep track of their age anymore because being a shapeshifter you can shift into any body with any presumable 'age' you want. He was still sure that all of this info was getting kept somewhere...by some god or other. A few trains went by but he was waiting for one that had a spider graffitied on the side of it in red spray paint. "If it's not rude of me, may I ask you how old you're turning?" He really meant nothing by it and wasn't trying to be a snoop but this woman really did spark his curiosity to be wearing such bright, luxurious clothing and have that kind of personality in this dull, littered subway station.

"I'm 27. Although sometimes it feels like I'm older," she admitted. This was true- she felt older every time she realized how different the world was getting. She tucked her hair behind one ear, and glanced at the time tables. "You... wouldn't happen to be taking the 9:45 towards the amusement park, are you? I feel like some funnel cake would be in order for a day like this. Even if I get some sugar on my coat. " Her laugh was musical, but cold in timbre, like a piano note.

"Actually, I am...The train with the red spider painted on the side? I'm going to meet up with a few friends there and I wouldn't mind at all if you joined us." He could smile at the thought. "Funnel cake's my favorite, actually, but I heard downtown where we're headed they call them elephant ears. To attract kids, you know?" But he secretly wondered why someone like her was going to celebrate her birthday all by herself. It kind of seemed somewhat suspicious. Or maybe her family was out of town, she was just on vacation to see the statue of liberty, or something. "You can sit by me on the train if you would li-" His sentence was cut short as someone behind him had pushed him. Ezzy caught himself then twirled around almost immediately, but he didn't catch sight of the person. He just shrugged in response, some people were mean on purpose and he had to accept that. The person who pushed him probably did it accidentally and didn't realize they did. He was about to continue his conversation with Lou but he found that he forgot what he was about to say.

Follow him into a death trap? Louise managed to keep a calm expression. But part of her knew that refusing would look even more suspicious. Besides, she had been able to hold her own against a SOSK before. She could do it again. And this one... well, frankly, there was something charming, almost endearing about him. Maybe she could learn more about him, if only to avoid him better. "I would love to join you. Maybe we could grab a drink or something."

Ezzy smiled at her as she said this. Just a genuine smile, with teeth that appeared overly-brushed. "Really? Okay, sounds cool." As he said this he shot a quick glance behind her and spotted the subway train with the red spider appear into the station. "Oh, look! C'mon!" He called, running past her, then turning and reaching for her hand.

After a moment of hesitation, she grabbed his hand, squeezing it tight. She stared at the train as they ran towards it, her heels clicking against the tiled floor. The spider was simplistic, more runic than insectoid. Something about it scared her, and something about it was familiar.

He was shocked that she actually grabbed his hand. He half-expected her to shy away and disassociate. He wasn't really good with talking to any girls other than SOSK's but most of them are to serious about there job to simply 'chill'. He looked away, trying to hide that he was blushing as they entered the train. Her hand was colder than he thought should be. He simply shrugged it off, however. He hadn't really held hands with anyone that he could remember so it was probably normal. As they entered the train he noticed her looking at the spider and got a chill up his back. It was actually the mark of one of the most elite SOSK groups that existed, and as the sign means, it's called the red spiders. They hunted ghosts like they would die if they didn't. There leader was scary enough that he suspected that wasn't beyond him. They were both highly regarded and feared among the SOSK community and he was afraid that if he ever got any better at being undercover he might be considered to join them. "Hey, you got arachnophobia?" He joked, attempting to shake away his thoughts. "It's just simple graffiti. I see a spot we can sit, hurry before it's taken!!" He laughed as he said this and brushed his hair back with his other hand to get it out of his eyes.

"Only a little bit. I got bit by a recluse when I was... fifteen, I think? My whole hand aches for, like a few weeks. It was awful. Still makes me nervous to put my shoes on in the morning." And this seemed to her too much like a spider's web, luring her in to finish her off. Suppose he had backup on the train? If they had a car to themselves, her screams would probably be written off as the train squealing against the tracks.

"Oh...really? Well, that sucks. Honestly, spiders give me the chills, too." Once he saw the fear on her face, though, he opted to change the subject as they sat down on the train. "Well, uh-if you don't like spiders what animal do you like?--uh, like your favorite." He hadn't really had that much of a social life before he went undercover now that he thought about it. It was mostly 'Oh! A person flying through a wall? Let's follow them and take their soul!'. ...well, no bossiness like that anymore. Now, as an undercover operative I'm free to do whatever I like. As long as it seems human. But the more he thought about it like that the less human he felt. He shrugged it off and turned to look at his new friend, Lou. Lou, with her ocean-blue eyes and soft voice....but something feels off... Ezzy turned the other direction, covering it as a trying-not-to-stare attempt, and searched around the car as someone slid the doors closed. His eyes settled on a person, maybe a teen but he wasn't sure, wearing a maroon hoodie sitting diagonally from him and Louise. His suspicion grew as he saw the kid look away from him in the same manner he looked away from Lou. Who are they...? He thought, clutching her hand tighter in his.

"I've always been fond of cats, you know? They always seem to know what I'm thinking. They seem to like me too, most of the time." Which was true, at least while she was alive. Most of her pets had been cats. Although now, occasionally one would freak out as soon as it saw her.
She blinked. She had noticed the kid, and something about them seemed... Off. Perhaps they were like her? Struggling for survival.

"Really? I like cats, too. I have two at my apartment, Puff and Sammy. They uh..." Ezzy found himself at a loss for words when it came to describing his cats. One of Alex's friends had given him Puff when she was just a kitten and Sammy immediately warmed up to her. They were something of personality types he didn't really want to describe, though...mostly Sammy was a very bad role-model as far as he could tell and he wasn't very fluent in understanding catspeak. "They're cute? But I'm warning you. They're the "stab and bite everything that moves" duo so have that in mind when you do anything else other than feed them." He laughed but out of the corner of his eye he was secretly watching the person in the maroon hood. No one's interacted with them since they entered the train. Not as much as a glance. They're either very secretive or...a ghost? Ezzy immediately tried to hide the grimace on his face as he came to this hypothesis. Darn it! I'm on my break! Well, they seem to be heading to the fair, too. After this the sub stops to check the power... He wondered if he could get away with killing this guy and continue about his day. But what about Lou? What about Alex, even? I promised to hang with them, what if they think I'm ditching them...? And if they come back, what if I get blood on my clothes and they notice?! He subconsciously bit his lip, causing blood to trickle down his chin. "...Have you ever had any cats?" He asked suddenly, realizing that his laugh sounded sorta awkward.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back