• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

• fe1fc8bc635f1d4c8cb5daead7293397.png
    N i m a
    Water Genasi - Level 2 Cleric - AC 19 - HP 21/21 - Walk 30 ft - Swim 30 ft
    STR 15 (+2) DEX 8 (-1) CON 18 (+4) INT 13 (+1) WIS* 19 (+4) CHA *11 (+0)

It wouldn't be hard for the wood elf to see Nima's poise crack after a while. She listened in silence as he not only mentioned her name, but also the moral implications of her work. Her expression fell more sad and scared, and even the tips of her ears physically dropped a little. Of course she had thought about her part and her responsibility in the countless murders that had probably happened using her work. It was impossible to ignore in a city like this. As she spoke again, her voice was softer and a bit more shaky than before.

"I... have no responsibility for those things" she said, taking a few quicker breaths and swallowing. "I craft for the sole purpose of making weapons and tools worthy of Gond's mark. I do not smith weapons for murderers, I smith them for myself and they just happen to buy them. It's the way of the world, especially in here." The Genasi was grinding her teeth whenever she wasn't speaking. "If I, or any smith in the world, were to be held accountable for the lives their weapons have taken, psh..." she scoffed and shook her head, lowering her shield with a glare. "Come on and arrest me then."
    Dethrix Dethrix dr xenon dr xenon

Updates Rolls
    none
    Other actions
    none

Tialaas Kalot

Wood Half-Elf

Level 2 Blood Hunter

AC 15

HP 18/18

Walk 35 ft.

Ellya Ellya
STR 16 (+3) DEX 16 (+3) CON 13 (+1) INT 19 (+4) WIS 11 (+0) CHA 10 (+0)

Tialaas didn’t enjoy watching her wilt under the weight of his allegations. He was simply playing his role as a prosecutor, whereas the defendant had walked into court unprepared. The heat drained from him as he lost the conviction to fight upon seeing her seemingly surrender. Of course, his guard wasn’t down entirely, but for the moment his bow became slack and his arrow loose. Kal almost wanted to apologize when he saw her express what appeared to him as regret, which softened his features for a moment. Though quickly, he returned to the apathetic guise that he often could be seen with, his emotions easily being smothered in favor of the task at hand.
I can understand working for the favor of your god. I respect such dedication, truly. But you’re to tell me that a master craftswoman such as yourself, wouldn’t know anything?” He replied simply, as he shouldered his longbow once more and returned his arrow to its quiver. After properly storing his gear, he pulled a length of hempen rope forth from the side of his backpack, though he didn’t cut it from the spool that remained stowed.
I could detain you, or you could help me find who used your blessed work, and learn of their motivations.” Tialaas proposed as he began to braid the rope into a pair of interwoven slipknots that would function as makeshift shackles.

c o d e b y t r i p l e s
Tialaas didn’t enjoy watching her wilt under the weight of his allegations. He was simply playing his role as a prosecutor, whereas the defendant had walked into court unprepared. The heat drained from him as he lost the conviction to fight upon seeing her seemingly surrender. Of course, his guard wasn’t down entirely, but for the moment his bow became slack and his arrow loose. Kal almost wanted to apologize when he saw her express what appeared to him as regret, which softened his features for a moment. Though quickly, he returned to the apathetic guise that he often could be seen with, his emotions easily being smothered in favor of the task at hand.
I can understand working for the favor of your god. I respect such dedication, truly. But you’re to tell me that a master craftswoman such as yourself, wouldn’t know anything?” He replied simply, as he shouldered his longbow once more and returned his arrow to its quiver. After properly storing his gear, he pulled a length of hempen rope forth from the side of his backpack, though he didn’t cut it from the spool that remained stowed.
I could detain you, or you could help me find who used your blessed work, and learn of their motivations.” Tialaas proposed as he began to braid the rope into a pair of interwoven slipknots that would function as makeshift shackles.

Last edited:

N i m a

Nima's eyes fell on the rope he pulled out and started fashioning into a pair of makeshift cuffs. She frowned a bit at the sight, as if being reminded of something. She had long feared the day someone came to confront her about this, and now that it was here, she felt a soft sigh of desperation leave her body. She looked around and at Hafdan, her heart pounding while considering the implications and consequences of what was about to happen.

She looked back up at the elf. Her eyes showed hints of submission and uncertainty, but she had her mind made up about one thing. She wasn't going to give up her good name with both the Guild and other parties, and betray the trust her clients put in her. She very obviously knew more, however little it would be, but she kept silent.

Nima slung her shield across her back while keeping eye contact and held the dagger carefully by the blade, holding it out to him while also extending her hands for him to bind them. "I'm not answering your questions."

Dethrix Dethrix dr xenon dr xenon

Updates Rolls
    none
    Other actions
    none

Tialaas Kalot

Wood Half-Elf

Level 2 Blood Hunter

AC 15

HP 18/18

Walk 35 ft.

Ellya Ellya dr xenon dr xenon BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2

He nodded at her response, exposing neither a positive or negative emotion. She’d made a choice, and he would make his own in direct accordance. At least, unlike many, the blacksmith had chosen to come willingly. It spoke highly of her character if nothing else, and showed him her amicable nature. Of course, it didn’t do much for her implication in the crime that he was working to uncover. Nor did he agree with her morals, business over people. But, he could understand holding true to one’s integrity and beliefs.
He plucked the dagger from her hand and slid it back into its hiding place beneath his layered clothing. Once the weapon was secured, he positioned the binding rope around her wrists and pulled each end until the stress brought her hands together in a tight fastening formation. Once he felt satisfied by her bondage, he turned his gaze to the Flaming Fist Dwarf and gave the soldier a pointed look that seemed to be warding in nature. Lastly, Tialaas wrapped the leftover rope around his own arm, tethering the two of them together with about ten feet of slack for independent movement.
Fitting recompense will always accrue for one's actions. Violence will meet violence and evil pay back evil, but good will also come to those who do good.” He recited solemnly, as he finished with her restraints, bringing his eyes to meet hers in order to convey the meaning of his words. Kal then turned away and began to lead Nima back into the Tavern, and towards the bar.
Alyth, could you spare a room?” Tialaas questioned to the bartender, knowing of the numerous private spaces that the location held. Any manner of them would do, he just needed a place to properly question his suspect. Preferably an area where he could lock a door, as he doubted her companion outside would let him just drag her off in bindings for too long. After all, unlike the typical Fist, he’d actually taken up for her to some degree. Likely due to whatever had happened yesterday, as the two were apart of such ruckus after all.

He nodded at her response, exposing neither a positive or negative emotion. She’d made a choice, and he would make his own in direct accordance. At least, unlike many, the blacksmith had chosen to come willingly. It spoke highly of her character if nothing else, and showed him her amicable nature. Of course, it didn’t do much for her implication in the crime that he was working to uncover. Nor did he agree with her morals, business over people. But, he could understand holding true to one’s integrity and beliefs.
He plucked the dagger from her hand and slid it back into its hiding place beneath his layered clothing. Once the weapon was secured, he positioned the binding rope around her wrists and pulled each end until the stress brought her hands together in a tight fastening formation. Once he felt satisfied by her bondage, he turned his gaze to the Flaming Fist Dwarf and gave the soldier a pointed look that seemed to be warding in nature. Lastly, Tialaas wrapped the leftover rope around his own arm, tethering the two of them together with about ten feet of slack for independent movement.
Fitting recompense will always accrue for one's actions. Violence will meet violence and evil pay back evil, but good will also come to those who do good.” He recited solemnly, as he finished with her restraints, bringing his eyes to meet hers in order to convey the meaning of his words. Kal then turned away and began to lead Nima back into the Tavern, and towards the bar.
Alyth, could you spare a room?” Tialaas questioned to the bartender, knowing of the numerous private spaces that the location held. Any manner of them would do, he just needed a place to properly question his suspect. Preferably an area where he could lock a door, as he doubted her companion outside would let him just drag her off in bindings for too long. After all, unlike the typical Fist, he’d actually taken up for her to some degree. Likely due to whatever had happened yesterday, as the two were apart of such ruckus after all.

Last edited:
Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie EccentricFantasy EccentricFantasy

All three of you watched as a half-elven man with a Flaming Fist deputy's badge, identical to the ones Zodge gave you the afternoon prior, led Nima back into Elfsong with her hands bound. Even more so than the violence yesterday (up until spells started getting thrown around), a tension settled over the patrons.

Dethrix Dethrix Ellya Ellya dr xenon dr xenon

Alyth squinted at Tialaas in turn when the man walked up to ask about a room. Shifting his weight, he glanced upstairs. "The dining rooms are open, I 'spose, but the bedrooms are all full. Unless you wanna kick someone out that's behind on their rent, but they are... odd." The man winced slightly as he spoke. His eyes shifted to Nima. There was no sympathy to be found, but it certainly held suspicion. This certainly didn't look good to anyone watching. What sort of arrest involved asking for a private room? Was he going to just murder the girl? It wouldn't normally be a problem- tavern murder capital of the world and all- but Nima was in a fairly unique position. Glancing across the room at Klank and Skoona momentarily, he continued. "Either way, can I get either of you anything? Anything at all?"

Hafdan charsheet
Dwarf Fighter - Axe & Shield
HP: (24)
AC: 16/18
Passives:
  • Perception/WIS: 12
  • Investigation/INT: 9
  • Insight/WIS: 14
Action Surge [ ] / Short Rest
Second wind [ ] / Short Rest

Battleaxe: +6, 1d8+4/1d10+4
Handaxe 20/60, +6/+5 1d6+4
As for you dwarf, this is strictly between me and the Blacksmith. Similarly, you could’ve plucked your armor off of a corpse, and the Fists wouldn’t have batted an eye.” Tialaas quipped, his voice cold and transactional. He kept his gaze trained on them both, watching for any aggressive movement that would require a swift response, but otherwise made no action to engage them in full-on battle. After all, his intentions were based on acquiring information, and he wouldn’t senselessly attack unless provoked or given enough to believe they deserved punishment.

"Hmmph, only I have 5 years in this armor, boy, ask around and you'll see'" Hafdan replied, but Tialass's bravado and apparent lack of immediate threat to Nima left him disinterested in the goings on between the two. He absent mindedly pulled a toothpick out from behind his ear and began unceremoniously cleaning his teeth. "Gone ahead with him if you like Smitty, I'll wait here for the other Fist Irregulars Zodge badged up for this job."

He looked dispiritedly down the road, like a father waiting for a wayward child to return to the mine.

"Maybe we'll even get to it before there's no one left to murder in The Gate," he muttered.

Tialaas Kalot

Wood Half-Elf

Level 2 Blood Hunter

AC 15

HP 18/18

Walk 35 ft.

Ellya Ellya BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2
Tialaas seemed rather unwavering by the events that had taken place at this point, his expression only gave off the slightest bit of irritation, but nothing more. He understood Alan’s cautiousness though, after hearing of yesterday’s events it made sense to question his actions. Nevertheless, he had duties that went above the suspicions of others. His task was one of divine importance, which to him justified any deed done in pursuit of such.
The Umber Hulk will do, I’ll be sure to tidy the room after I’m done.” Tialaas offered in response with an appreciative nod. Though, his mind did linger on the bartender’s description of his patrons. Being odd was no crime as far as he was concerned, so he simply let that subject drop without another thought to it. After all, his mind was still pondering on the Tavern’s namesake changing her tune.
He then turned his attention back to Nima, and cocked his head towards her as Alan offered his services.
"Need anything?" Kal quipped, additionally tugging on the rope that bound her, if for nothing more than to annoy the poor woman. He was well aware how strange it'd look to those within the Tavern, but frankly half of them deserved far worse treatment, given their atrocious ways. Though, it could all wait until after he'd settled the current matter at hand.

Tialaas seemed rather unwavering by the events that had taken place at this point, his expression only gave off the slightest bit of irritation, but nothing more. He understood Alan’s cautiousness though, after hearing of yesterday’s events it made sense to question his actions. Nevertheless, he had duties that went above the suspicions of others. His task was one of divine importance, which to him justified any deed done in pursuit of such.
The Umber Hulk will do, I’ll be sure to tidy the room after I’m done.” Tialaas offered in response with an appreciative nod. Though, his mind did linger on the bartender’s description of his patrons. Being odd was no crime as far as he was concerned, so he simply let that subject drop without another thought to it. After all, his mind was still pondering on the Tavern’s namesake changing her tune.
He then turned his attention back to Nima, and cocked his head towards her as Alan offered his services.
"Need anything?" Kal quipped, additionally tugging on the rope that bound her, if for nothing more than to annoy the poor woman. He was well aware how strange it'd look to those within the Tavern, but frankly half of them deserved far worse treatment, given their atrocious ways. Though, it could all wait until after he'd settled the current matter at hand.

Last edited:

N i m a

Nima had been reluctantly going along with the elf stranger into the tavern. Many eyes turned to the pair of them, and she didn't particularly care for all the attention. It felt like she had finally been arrested and was walking her way to the dungeons. The feeling was generally just very uncomfortable. The elf spoke a bit with the man behind the bar and Nima just kept eye contact with a disinterested face, even though her heart was absolutely pounding.

Hafdan was right, they did not really have time for this. They were investigating and on the way to punish murderers, and this guy was coming after her just because she made a dagger? The genasi grinded her teeth a bit. When the elf asked her if she wanted anything, she felt her body tugged forward harshly, causing her to lose balance and take a step forward to regain it. She bared her teeth for a moment and glared at the elf.

She grunted. She had a few magical tricks up her sleeve if he were to attempt anything that would cross a line, but she didn't really want to start another bar fight in here. In a short fit of anger, Nima gave a subtle flick of the wrist and instantly, a small jet of water shot up from the nearest source and splashed right into the elf's eye. Not enough to even nearly hurt, but it was very annoying. Nima had the slightest hint of a smirk on her lips.

"What I need is for you not to do that again..."
    Dethrix Dethrix

Updates Rolls
    none
    Other actions
    Shape Water cantrip to splash Tialaas in the face :)

Tialaas Kalot

Wood Half-Elf

Level 2 Blood Hunter

AC 15

HP 18/18

Walk 35 ft.

Ellya Ellya BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2
Tialaas’s head instinctively jerked away as the jet of water splashed into his eye, causing his brow to furrow in irritation. He raised his free hand to wipe the moisture off of his face, an used the long sleeve of his cloak to dry himself quickly. The Half-Elf then turned his attention to his captor and gave her a piercing glare that expressed his displeasure without words.
Noted.” He replied after taking a breath to recover his composure. It wasn’t lost on Tialaas that there was a reason the party was returning to the Tavern once more. The Dwarf’s words alone told him others would be coming shortly, and unbeknownst to them, he was in fact the new addition to their merry band. The Dead Three remained an issue, one that was far more relevant than the matter of the dagger. But he didn’t have a cultist bound in ropes at the moment, so until the rest of their party arrived, he planned to work with what he had.
He gave a curt nod to Alan, before he moved to lead Nima up the stairs of the establishment and onto the second level of the building. From there, he shepherded her into the Private Dining Room that had the mounted head of an Umber Hulk on the wall.
I’ll keep things simple.” He decided as he closed the door and slid a nearby chair under its knob in order to temporarily block the entrance.
I have no intention of outing you or even necessarily harming the perpetrator. My goals are to simply ascertain the truth, and determine what occurred and why.” Tialaas explained, as he pulled a silver coin out from the folds of his clothing and slid it between his knuckles. It was a practiced action, and it was clear that it wasn’t just an ordinary piece of change.

Tialaas’s head instinctively jerked away as the jet of water splashed into his eye, causing his brow to furrow in irritation. He raised his free hand to wipe the moisture off of his face, and used the long sleeve of his cloak to dry himself quickly. The Half-Elf then turned his attention to his captor and gave her a piercing glare that expressed his displeasure without words.
Noted.” He replied after taking a breath to recover his composure. It wasn’t lost on Tialaas that there was a reason the party was returning to the Tavern once more. The Dwarf’s words alone told him others would be coming shortly, and unbeknownst to them, he was in fact the new addition to their merry band. The Dead Three remained an issue, one that was far more relevant than the matter of the dagger. But he didn’t have a cultist bound in ropes at the moment, so until the rest of their party arrived, he planned to work with what he had.
He gave a curt nod to Alan, before he moved to lead Nima up the stairs of the establishment and onto the second level of the building. From there, he shepherded her into the Private Dining Room that had the mounted head of an Umber Hulk on the wall.
I’ll keep things simple.” He decided as he closed the door and slid a nearby chair under its knob in order to temporarily block the entrance.
I have no intention of outing you or even necessarily harming the perpetrator. My goals are to simply ascertain the truth, and determine what occurred and why.” Tialaas explained, as he pulled a silver coin out from the folds of his clothing and slid it between his knuckles. It was a practiced action, and it was clear that it wasn’t just an ordinary piece of change.

N i m a

It didn't take long for Nima's short pleasant feeling of victory to turn into fear again. He didn't react poorly to her little prank, but as soon as he guided her up the stairs, she felt a shiver go through her body again. They made their way upstairs and as the door closed, the noise of downstairs faded into silence. She felt like he could hear her heart pounding right now.

Her hands still bound, Nima backed up a bit instinctively. She kept her eyes focused on the coin in his hand and watched it, shivering lightly once again. "I... I can't tell you anything. I won't. I don't even know what happened or what you're talking about." The fear had broken her expression slightly, and while she didn't look like she was fully lying per se, she was definitely at least hiding some truths.
    Dethrix Dethrix
    Updates Rolls
    none
    Other actions
    none

Tialaas Kalot

Wood Half-Elf

Level 2 Blood Hunter

AC 15

HP 18/18

Walk 35 ft.

Ellya Ellya
Tialaas raised an eyebrow at her and pulled the dagger out once more. The light from a nearby window gleamed off its surface, and he slid his fingers over the holy mark that adorned the handle.
Then I’ll explain. Not too long ago, someone ditched this weapon in an alley, covered in blood. Then, a day later rumors start rolling around about a killed Doctor.” He spoke slowly, shifting blade in his grasp, as though testing its weight. Gradually, his gaze raised from the tool in his grasp to the Water Genasi herself.
Now I couldn’t see who discarded the dagger, but with such beautiful metalworking… It didn’t take long to figure out its origins. Now you’re right, I couldn’t possibly hold you accountable for the actions of everything you forge. But when you say you won’t tell me something, that conflicts with the idea that you don’t know anything at all.” Tialaas added as he began to close the distance between the two of them, inching forward with each word that he spoke. He held the murder weapon between them as he came forward, moving it gingerly through the air as if to outline her major arteries that hid beneath her armor.

Tialaas raised an eyebrow at her and pulled the dagger out once more. The light from a nearby window gleamed off its surface, and he slid his fingers over the holy mark that adorned the handle.
Then I’ll explain. Not too long ago, someone ditched this weapon in an alley, covered in blood. Then, a day later rumors start rolling around about a killed Doctor.” He spoke slowly, shifting blade in his grasp, as though testing its weight. Gradually, his gaze raised from the tool in his grasp to the Water Genasi herself.
Now I couldn’t see who discarded the dagger, but with such beautiful metalworking… It didn’t take long to figure out its origins. Now you’re right, I couldn’t possibly hold you accountable for the actions of everything you forge. But when you say you won’t tell me something, that conflicts with the idea that you don’t know anything at all.” Tialaas added as he began to close the distance between the two of them, inching forward with each word that he spoke. He held the murder weapon between them as he came forward, moving it gingerly through the air as if to outline the major arteries that hid beneath her armor.

N i m a

After being called out for her poor choice of words in denying her knowledge about anything, she realized even more that she was terrible at this. Her lip trembled a bit as she moved backwards until her back hit a wall, and her eyes followed the dagger carefully. Was she really about to be cut by her own weapon?

She swallowed and tried her very best to hide the fear that took a cold grasp of her chest, and the subtle shaking of her hands. She instinctively tried to reach out for her mace and shield, but was now regretting letting her hands be bound this easily. Helplessly, she pressed herself up against the wall.

"No... Stop this, I don't know anything..." she still muttered, trying to keep herself strong. "You keep that dagger away from me... As soon as my own blood touches the steel, that mark you see there will explode..."
    Dethrix Dethrix
    Updates Rolls
    Deception: 15
    Other actions
    none

Tialaas Kalot

Wood Half-Elf

Level 2 Blood Hunter

AC 15

HP 18/18

Walk 35 ft.

Ellya Ellya
Tialaas glanced down at the weapon momentarily and mulled over her frantic threat as he paused. It was plausible, but for a dagger, such intricate spellwork seemed redundant. If anything, for such a close-range weapon to detonate, would be detrimental for both parties involved. While he’d take the brunt of the damage, unless she had some ward that protected her from the explosive damage, it was overall incredibly unlikely.
I suppose I’ll just have to make sure I pierce your heart before it activates then.” He retorted coldly, his statement being weighted with a sacrificial edge. As if he were willing to end his own life as long as he ensured that she got her punishment.
I wonder if that fear you have is anywhere close to how the poor Doctor felt in his fleeting moments. Perhaps it changes your perspective, seeing how your work can be used against anyone, even yourself.” Kal murmured, his words a dark whisper. He moved the blade of the dagger against the chainmail that protected her chest, hooking the tip through a singular link in order to rattle her armor ominously.
I understand this city has its rules. Things that go unsaid to make everything run smoothly. But at what point are you just a cog in a broken machine?” Tialaas spoke, as he slowly began to dig the point of her dagger past the chainmail but not yet piercing any fabrics or flesh. The wrong movement could prove to be dastardly, yet he kept his grip steady and controlled.

Tialaas glanced down at the weapon momentarily and mulled over her frantic threat as he paused. It was plausible, but for a dagger, such intricate spellwork seemed redundant. If anything, for such a close-range weapon to detonate, would be detrimental for both parties involved. While he’d take the brunt of the damage, unless she had some ward that protected her from the explosive damage, it was overall incredibly unlikely.
I suppose I’ll just have to make sure I pierce your heart before it activates then.” He retorted coldly, his statement being weighted with a sacrificial edge. As if he were willing to end his own life as long as he ensured that she got her punishment.
I wonder if that fear you have is anywhere close to how the poor Doctor felt in his fleeting moments. Perhaps it changes your perspective, seeing how your work can be used against anyone, even yourself.” Kal murmured, his words a dark whisper. He moved the blade of the dagger against the chainmail that protected her chest, hooking the tip through a singular link in order to rattle her armor ominously.
I understand this city has its rules. Things that go unsaid to make everything run smoothly. But at what point are you just a cog in a broken machine?” Tialaas spoke, as he slowly began to dig the point of her dagger past the chainmail but not yet piercing any fabrics or flesh. The wrong movement could prove to be dastardly, yet he kept his grip steady and controlled.

N i m a

Nima's mind went back to the very moment she smithed this dagger. Small weaponry was always fun to make, and each one of her creations had some minor distinguishing feature from the previous. This one, she had given a slight curve to the tip, which she was sorely regretting now, since it was pretty much hooked into her chainmail. She could swear the she could feel its cold steel pressing into her skin already, and she tucked in her belly as much as she could, almost holding her breath aside from a quick whimper.

She was looking down and visibly shivering now, her hands still helplessly bound. She thought of inflicting some wounds on him, maybe even blasting a guiding bolt his way, but even if that were a good idea, she didn't have the freedom of movement to do that anymore. Besides, every muscle in her body was focusing on trying not to burst into tears.

The word "consequences" just repeated in her head. If she told him, she would have effectively betrayed everything she stood for the last few years of her life. She would have given in and none of her clients would be able to trust her word anymore. Not only could her business be ruined, but she doubted it would be long before the people she wronged came to take their revenge. On the other hand, if she didn't tell him, there was a good chance of her being stabbed right here.

"P-Please..." she whimpered, inhaling sharply once. "I... I can't tell you... You have to understand..." The genasi still held relatively strong as she just looked away from what might happen now, squeezing her eyes shut and trying to somehow brace herself. He wouldn't be able to penetrate her armor deeply enough to fatally hurt her, but her neck felt very exposed now.
    Dethrix Dethrix
    Updates Rolls
    none
    Other actions
    none

Tialaas Kalot

Wood Half-Elf

Level 2 Blood Hunter

AC 15

HP 18/18

Walk 35 ft.

Ellya Ellya
Tialaas shook his head at what she chose to say with what could have been her last words. His patience was running thin, and repeatedly she’d only shown integrity in maintaining her secrecy. His admiration for her resolve was quickly turning to anger, which threatened to bubble out of him in a destructive fashion. He’d hunted information on her down with meticulous precision, using a number of favors and contacts to discover just who she was. What Nima didn’t realize was that his search for the truth would end here if he obtained nothing. All the work he did, his very standing within the Order of Hoar would become tarnished if he failed to bring about proper justice. Despite everything, she still stood in his way. It was like trying to open a door with shoddy lockpicks, only for the tools to continuously break with every attempt. At some point, he’d be provoked to just kick down the damn door.
Vengeance must be sought for all injustices, and all punishments must fit the crime. Revenge is sweetest when it is sharpened with irony.” Tialaas chanted before he carefully plunged the weapon into her abdomen at a surgical angle that just managed to bypass her armor entirely. The blade sunk into her meat, missing any major arteries but definitely bringing forth a significant amount of internal harm.
Being pierced with your own blade, ironic no?” He hissed as he leaned into the weapon that was now embedded within her. Kal was careful not to remove it, instead of keeping his pressure on the hilt in order to mitigate blood loss. For one, she wasn’t the truly guilty party. Nima didn’t deserve death, only a lesson, and some motivation. What’s more, he’d also made a promise to Alan to clean up any messes he made. He’d rather not have her bleeding all over the floors if he could help it, after all that’d just be more work on his end.
Now, enough with what you can’t do. Nobody will know what transpired here today, for your reputation and credibility. But I need a lead, and you’re going to give it to me.” The Half-Elf demanded, with a frigid determination that showed he no longer wanted to hear her excuses. He had tried talking, even simple intimidation. Regardless of what respect he held for her, the needs of justice came first. He’d do whatever was necessary to get it.

Tialaas shook his head at what she chose to say with what could have been her last words. His patience was running thin, and repeatedly she’d only shown integrity in maintaining her secrecy. His admiration for her resolve was quickly turning to anger, which threatened to bubble out of him in a destructive fashion. He’d hunted information on her down with meticulous precision, using a number of favors and contacts to discover just who she was. What Nima didn’t realize was that his search for the truth would end here if he obtained nothing. All the work he did, his very standing within the Order of Hoar would become tarnished if he failed to bring about proper justice. Despite everything, she still stood in his way. It was like trying to open a door with shoddy lockpicks, only for the tools to continuously break with every attempt. At some point, he’d be provoked to just kick down the damn door.
Vengeance must be sought for all injustices, and all punishments must fit the crime. Revenge is sweetest when it is sharpened with irony.” Tialaas chanted before he carefully plunged the weapon into her abdomen at a surgical angle that just managed to bypass her armor entirely. The blade sunk into her meat, missing any major arteries but definitely bringing forth a significant amount of internal harm.
Being pierced with your own blade, ironic no?” He hissed as he leaned into the weapon that was now embedded within her. Kal was careful not to remove it, instead of keeping his pressure on the hilt in order to mitigate blood loss. For one, she wasn’t the truly guilty party. Nima didn’t deserve death, only a lesson, and some motivation. What’s more, he’d also made a promise to Alan to clean up any messes he made. He’d rather not have her bleeding all over the floors if he could help it, after all that’d just be more work on his end.
Now, enough with what you can’t do. Nobody will know what transpired here today, for your reputation and credibility. But I need a lead, and you’re going to give it to me.” The Half-Elf demanded, with a frigid determination that showed he no longer wanted to hear her excuses. He had tried talking, even simple intimidation. Regardless of what respect he held for her, the needs of justice came first. He’d do whatever was necessary to get it.

N i m a
    Water Genasi - Level 2 Cleric - AC 19 - HP 12/21 - Walk 30 ft - Swim 30 ft

Nima exhaled and then gasped, her eyes widening as she felt it. The steel was so cold and just... uncomfortable for a while. At first, the adrenaline managed to cover for the intense pain, but that didn't last too long. After just a few seconds, just about when she felt a drop of her own warm blood dripping down her abdomen, she let out a quick moan of pain.

She started to take quick breaths. Her body squirmed in pain around the dagger, but that only caused more of it. She didn't bother trying to hold back tears now, two of them already sliding down her cheeks as she sobbed once. Her hands were instinctively trying to push him off of her, but she was helpless. "N-No..." she just muttered, as if she was about to deny him his information again. But it was a helpless exclamation of disbelief most of all.

She sobbed a couple more times and let her head hang, faced with the horror of seeing her own dagger having dug its way so far into her armor. "No, please..." she mumbled again as a tear fell on her bound wrist. "It was one of those... one of those cat girls... A tabaxi, that's all I know... I didn't ask her name, I'm sorry, please, I promise it's all I know..."

She felt herself leaking. She had never been stabbed this way before and it was terrifying. Her hands continued to softly try to make their way up and pull his wrist away, but she felt weak. This single attack against her had made her feel significantly weaker. "Please..." she just muttered again.
    Dethrix Dethrix
    Updates Rolls
    none
    Other actions
    none

Guinevere shuffled out of view and into her bathroom as Fallen Dragon burst through the door. She ignored his questioning, only screaming, "Noooo, don't you dare look at me! I'M RUIINED!!! DEFIILED!!!!" She slammed the door and climbed into her clawed bathtub.
"There's no hope for me, this meager estate will be my tomb!"

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 D. Rex D. Rex

Just because he was working for her didn't mean he was going to suck up to her like servants would. She'd have to pay extra for that. With an annoyed and heart exasperated sigh, Fallen Dragon barged into the bathroom after her.

"Lady Vanaath," he said dryly as he put his hands behind her back. "Just because you are hideously mutilated and disfigured beyond all recognition, doesn't mean you can hide in your bathtub all day. In case you have forgotten, the Fists have tasked us with a mission. A well paying one, with steep penalties if we don't succeed."

"Perhaps you can spend ten pieces of gold to the local cleric to remove that monstrous scar. And perhaps you can hurry up and get ready before we are late. There is killing to be done, and the last thing we need is for you to ruin the Vanaath family's reputation of punctuality."

Tialaas Kalot

Wood Half-Elf

Level 2 Blood Hunter

AC 15

HP 18/18

Walk 35 ft.

Ellya Ellya
There was no happiness that came from the task. Not an ounce of joy or sadness that could be attributed to the scarring action he’d performed. It just was, nothing more and nothing less. There wasn’t remorse or any kind of regret. Just an empty acknowledgment, that she’d cracked and spilled forth just enough for him to move forward. Anything more from that point on would have been unnecessary by the account of his faith and training. This was enough to balance the scales of her misdeeds, while additionally arming him with the information he needed to move forward.
As she began to shake from the shock and pain, he used his free hand to steady her to the best of his ability. The movements she made could potentially drive the dagger deeper, or snag the hooked tip within her muscle fibers if jostled around too much. He kept his eyes on her, analytically planning what he needed to do next. He realized that with the supplies he had on hand, there wasn’t much he could do to immediately heal the damage done. But with slightly lower than average medical understanding, Tialaas knew he could at least stop the bleeding.
That’s enough.” He spoke gingerly as he quickly undid her bindings and began to unsecure the midsection of her chainmail so he could properly address the wound.
I’ll be able to stabilize you, but I lack the time needed to brew a healing potion.” He explained after he was able to reveal her injury from under her armor. After taking off his backpack, Tialaas quickly rummaged around and pulled out two crucial items. The first being an all-black tin box, that made clinking noises as he moved it, which ultimately proved to harbor his Alchemist Supplies. From such substances, he produced a sealing adhesive, which he applied to the pierced section of her flesh after removing the dagger. The process was swift so that her blood loss would be minimal, but ultimately this was a cosmetic measure and nothing more. It didn’t mitigate any of the damage that had been done. Similarly, the second thing he’d drawn out from his bag was a dry cloth that ordinarily he would have used as tinder. Instead, he wrapped and tied it around her abdomen as an additional precaution.
That’s all I can do for now, how’s the pain?” Kal asked as he haphazardly checked her vitals, and watched for swelling.

There was no happiness that came from the task. Not an ounce of joy or sadness that could be attributed to the scarring action he’d performed. It just was, nothing more and nothing less. There wasn’t remorse or any kind of regret. Just an empty acknowledgment, that she’d cracked and spilled forth just enough for him to move forward. Anything more from that point on would have been unnecessary by the account of his faith and training. This was enough to balance the scales her of misdeeds, while additionally arming him with the information he needed to move forward.
As she began to shake from the shock and pain, he used his free hand to steady her to the best of his ability. The movements she made could potentially drive the dagger deeper, or snag the hooked tip within her muscle fibers if jostled around too much. He kept his eyes on her, analytically planning what he needed to do next. He realized that with the supplies he had on hand, there wasn’t much he could do to immediately heal the damage done. But with slightly lower than average medical understanding, Tialaas knew he could at least stop the bleeding.
That’s enough.” He spoke gingerly as he quickly undid her bindings and began to unsecure the midsection of her chainmail so he could properly address the wound.
I’ll be able to stabilize you, but I lack the time needed to brew a healing potion.” He explained after he was able to reveal her injury from under her armor. After taking off his backpack, Tialaas quickly rummaged around and pulled out two crucial items. The first being an all-black tin box, that made clinking noises as he moved it, which ultimately proved to harbor his Alchemist Supplies. From such substances, he produced a sealing adhesive, which he applied to the pierced section of her flesh after removing the dagger. The process was swift so that her blood loss would be minimal, but ultimately this was a cosmetic measure and nothing more. It didn’t mitigate any of the damage that had been done. Similarly, the second thing he’d drawn out from his bag was a dry cloth that ordinarily he would have used as tinder. Instead, he wrapped and tied it around her abdomen as an additional precaution.
That’s all I can do for now, how’s the pain?” Kal asked as he haphazardly checked her vitals, and watched for swelling.

N i m a

In a state of utter shock and surprise, Nima was just silent for a minute. She continued to breathe heavily and look around in panic, groaning softly when he pulled the dagger out. She allowed him to try to take care of her for a while, her hand defensively moving to grasp at his wrist while his hand was near her wound. She felt her blood trickling down her body, slowly, but definitely sped up now that the dagger wasn't in her anymore.

When she eventually regained her senses, her grip on his wrist tightened significantly. She felt a rage boiling up inside her, almost overpowering the pain and fear. She considered speaking the words necessary to Inflict Wounds on the elf, or just scratch his hand, hurt him in whatever way, but she reminded herself that she was dying on the ground, and his medicinal efforts didn't seem to work very well. Maybe he wasn't used to treating genasi.

She smacked his hand away from her and glared at him, still breathing deeply in pain while muttering. "G... Get out of my sight before I h-hurt you..." It wasn't exactly very intimidating coming from her looking like this, but she really did just want him gone. Without waiting, she placed her hand over her wound, bloodying her green hand up a little. Her other hand was clenching something in her pouch, and a soft, pulsing divine light enveloped her bloody hand and her wound. Her breathing steadied and she closed her eyes, calming herself down while the wound slowly closed up under her hand.
    Dethrix Dethrix
    Updates Rolls
    Cure Wounds: 7+4 = 11 HP
    Other actions
    none

Tialaas Kalot

Wood Half-Elf

Level 2 Blood Hunter

AC 15

HP 18/18

Walk 35 ft.

Ellya Ellya
Tialaas let her hold his wrist and prepared himself for retaliation when her grasp strengthened. He wasn’t necessarily surprised to see the rage that had begun to emerge, as this wasn’t exactly a calm circumstance. After all, he had just stabbed her. Once she slapped his arm, he took a few tentative steps backward, aiming to give her space to gather herself. Though, he didn’t leave the room immediately. His work could have been better, but he wasn’t accustomed to the medical needs of a Water Genasi, as the extent of his protocol had mostly revolved around the biology of Elves and Humans. Instead, he watched her heal the damage, and his gaze became momentarily transfixed on the heavenly power that was produced from her hand. He’d seen such power before within the ranks of his Order, which allowed him to identify her a Cleric.
You could, all attacks must be avenged.” He quoted from the religious dogma of his faith, as he had been through most of the actions he’d performed that night. If Nima had been paying attention, she’d loosely be able to string such connections together. However, being stabbed likely had been a more memorable experience. Nevertheless, Tialaas didn’t seem to actually be inviting a reciprocated attack but instead said such to call her bluff. Even if she was mad, he felt she could’ve attacked him in a variety of manners before this point. There was guilt here, and it had bound her in his eyes, more than any rope could.
But as you recover, I’d like to discuss the Dead Three Cult.” Kal segued, his tone careful but intent on shifting the context of their interaction entirely. After all, for him, he’d gotten what he’d needed and done what was in his ability to aid her. He would have done more, had she not been able to restore herself. Though, as he finished he took note of the remaining blood and pulled another cloth forth from his bag for her to make use of.

Tialaas let her hold his wrist and prepared himself for retaliation when her grasp strengthened. He wasn’t necessarily surprised to see the rage that had begun to emerge, as this wasn’t exactly a calm circumstance. After all, he had just stabbed her. Once she slapped his arm, he took a few tentative steps backward, aiming to give her space to gather herself. Though, he didn’t leave the room immediately. His work could have been better, but he wasn’t accustomed to the medical needs of a Water Genasi, as the extent of his protocol had mostly revolved around the biology of Elves and Humans. Instead, he watched her heal the damage, and his gaze became momentarily transfixed on the heavenly power that was produced from her hand. He’d seen such power before within the ranks of his Order, which allowed him to identify her a Cleric.
You could, all attacks must be avenged.” He quoted from the religious dogma of his faith, as he had been through most of the actions he’d performed that night. If Nima had been paying attention, she’d loosely be able to string such connections together. However, being stabbed likely had been a more memorable experience. Nevertheless, Tialaas didn’t seem to actually be inviting a reciprocated attack but instead said such to call her bluff. Even if she was mad, he felt she could’ve attacked him in a variety of manners before this point. There was guilt here, and it had bound her in his eyes, more than any rope could.
But as you recover, I’d like to discuss the Dead Three Cult.” Kal segued, his tone careful but intent on shifting the context of their interaction entirely. After all, for him, he’d gotten what he’d needed and done what was in his ability to aid her. He would have done more, had she not been able to restore herself. Though, as he finished he took note of the remaining blood and pulled another cloth forth from his bag for her to make use of.

N i m a

When Nima pulled her hand away again, she leaned back against the wall and still breathed deeply. The wound had closed up but still left a significant, ugly and bloody scar in her abdomen, which she had trouble looking away from but hated seeing. This represented everything she had been trying to avoid for years. Her hand was still stained with her own crimson, and she could almost still feel the cold blade within her body. She closed her eyes for a second or two and tried to get her bearings, but it was tough.

Things had been set in motion now. Probably yesterday, even. Her making that one dagger led to this moment. She glared at the elf, disbelief in her eyes at the fact that this actually happened. "You... You're insane..." she said under her breath, very slowly coming to stand up straight again. "You just ruined my life, and now you're expecting... a chat?" Grinding her teeth, Nima decided to just give in to the anger. To indulge, just for the moment. She extended her bloody hand forward as a ray of light shot out of it.

With a grunt from her part, the bolt of divine energy shot forward and slammed straight into the elf. Right after her attack, she wouldn't utter another word and just bent over with a slight groan to pick up her chainmail, just holding it in her hand while walking to the door. She kicked the chair out of the way and if she wasn't stopped, the genasi would simply exit the tavern entirely and get her armor back on near the safety of Hafdan's watch.

Updates Rolls
    Guiding bolt hit: 18+6 = 24
    Guiding bolt damage: 5 + 3 + 3 + 2 = 13 radiant damage Dethrix Dethrix
    Other actions
    none

Tialaas Kalot

Wood Half-Elf

Level 2 Blood Hunter

AC 15

HP 5/18

Walk 35 ft.

Ellya Ellya
As the beam of light flooded his body, Tialaas folded into himself as though the wind had been knocked out of him. The truth was far more severe, every nerve in his body exploded with an indescribable pain as an unprecedented power bore into him. For once, the Half-Elf’s features showed emotion, expressing great pain in addition to what appeared to be outright surprise. It wasn’t that he hadn’t expected retaliation, he simply couldn't have been prepared for the searing pain that was coursing throughout his body. He doubled over, but through sheer willpower alone managed not to drop to the floor entirely. If on nothing but adrenaline he managed to remain standing as he gasped for a breath that wouldn’t come. Light continued to dance around him, clearly an after effect of the spell she’d cast.
"Like it or not, you deserved it. You could kill me now, but it wouldn't take away the role you played. It took the presence of a dagger in your stomach to make you tell the truth." Tialaas gasped out as he stumbled towards her, each movement causing ripples of pure agony to rebound throughout him.
"The Dead Three are far worse than this. That's why Zodge sent me here, you'll need assistance." He added before finally dropping to his knees. Tialaas's vision began to fade in and out of reality, but with whatever motor control he had left he reached out along the floor until he grasped her ankle when she moved to leave. His grip wasn't strong enough to grapple her, or truly do anything significant. Instead, he'd grabbed ahold of her to do nothing more than force his words to be processed. Even while dying, he'd make sure she couldn't escape justice. Tialaas proceeded to close his eyes, and began to murmur a small prayer to his god with the last of his strength. A final request for both peace and a fair trial.

As the beam of light flooded his body, Tialaas folded into himself as though the wind had been knocked out of him. The truth was far more severe, every nerve in his body exploded with an indescribable pain as an unprecedented power bore into him. For once, the Half-Elf’s features showed emotion, expressing great pain in addition to what appeared to be outright surprise. It wasn’t that he hadn’t expected retaliation, he simply couldn't have been prepared for the searing pain that was coursing throughout his body. He doubled over, but through sheer willpower alone managed not to drop to the floor entirely. If on nothing but adrenaline he managed to remain standing as he gasped for a breath that wouldn’t come. Light continued to dance around him, clearly an after effect of the spell she’d cast.
"Like it or not, you deserved it. You could kill me now, but it wouldn't take away the role you played. It took the presence of a dagger in your stomach to make you tell the truth." Tialaas gasped out as he stumbled towards her, each movement causing ripples of pure agony to rebound throughout him.
"The Dead Three are far worse than this. That's why Zodge sent me here, you'll need assistance." He added before finally dropping to his knees. Tialaas's vision began to fade in and out of reality, but with whatever motor control he had left he reached out along the floor until he grasped her ankle when she moved to leave. His grip wasn't strong enough to grapple her, or truly do anything significant. Instead, he'd grabbed ahold of her to do nothing more than force his words to be processed. Even while dying, he'd make sure she couldn't escape justice. Tialaas proceeded to close his eyes, and began to murmur a small prayer to his god with the last of his strength. A final request for both peace and a fair trial.

All Vannath heard was "hideously mutilated and disfigured beyond all recognition..."
She went quite for a moment before screaming even more loudly than before "GET OUT!!" at the realization of what Dragon had said.

She turned away from him in the tub, casting mage hand to push him out of the bathroom and close the door behind him.

D. Rex D. Rex

All Vannath heard was "hideously mutilated and disfigured beyond all recognition..."
She went quite for a moment before screaming even more loudly than before "GET OUT!!" at the realization of what Dragon had said.

She turned away from him in the tub, casting mage hand to push him out of the bathroom and close the door behind him.

D. Rex D. Rex

As the invisible force pushed at him, Dragon solidly stood his ground. With a frown he crossed his arm. "No." He said simply.

With two long steps he made his way to the bathtub to grab Gwen and throw her over his shoulder.

Dethrix Dethrix Ellya Ellya

Tarina had so far remained out of what was happening in the room next to her, but the flash of radiance had the Guild swashbuckler on her feet by the stairs when Nima exited the room, scimitar in hand. Tialaas's own hand temporarily stopping Nima in her tracks, the woman stood by uneasily as the light that covered the half elf began to fade, though the searing pain of the wounds the spell left certainly didn't ease up. Glancing between the pair once again, she did eventually speak. "Right... How about we take a step back? I'm not opposed to the man's death," She said with a casual shrug. "But killing a Flaming Fist deputy here? Best avoided."

Tialaas hadn't really noticed the woman prior, but now that she'd drawn attention to herself she was more present. Of average height and with darker skin and in buckle-covered leathers with a wide-brimmed hat, she stood there with a long scimitar now resting against the floor.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back