• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Tialaas Kalot

Wood Half-Elf

Level 2 Blood Hunter

AC 15

HP 14/18

Walk 35 ft.

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 Ellya Ellya dr xenon dr xenon
STR 16 (+3) DEX 16 (+3) CON 13 (+1) INT 19 (+4) WIS 11 (+0) CHA 10 (+0)
Tialaas raised his eyebrows in response, though his facial features did little to showcase any emotion he felt towards his actions or her response. During his training in the Order, he’d been taught to live off the freedom of life and interaction. Income was to be used sparsely, to lessen the reliance on the worldly systems. The less permanent and connected one stayed, the farther removed they remained from societal corruption. Justice was easily skewed when you had materialistic ideas bombarding your mindset.
Would’ve been genius, had I won.” The Blood Hunter noted with a spark of amusement in his bitter tone. He watched her take his coin, each piece which had been earned through some action on the behalf of another. With time he’d collect close to the same amount, so he wasn’t too worried. After all, in this city there were more than enough people in need of true justice. Not to mention he had favors he could call on in the meantime, and if all else failed he was always welcome in the Outer City.
He sighed in relief as the Acolyte began to work her magic, a much more soothing heavenly light coursed through his injuries and quickly repaired them. It wasn’t a full recovery, which he hadn’t expected given the amount of damage Nima had dealt him in her anger. But for now, it’d allow him to move on without the fear of falling over dead. Strength marginally returned to his form, and with it the pain that had clouded his thoughts gradually lessened.
Just trying to right some wrongs.” He offered plainly, though it was clear from the damage he’d suffered that his words were an understatement. Once she’d finished, Tialaas glanced down at the opening in his tunic that had once displayed heavily burned flesh, which now seemed to have healed as if he’d been given several days of rest and proper care. The mark wasn’t gone but instead appeared far less severe. With a nod, he stood to leave while buttoning one of his many layers to hide the wound.
I’ll be around, whenever you need those favors.” Kal added before he took his leave from the establishment. He gave a simple wave to Alan Alyth as he made his way out until his gaze fell on the Water Genasi alongside her Dwarven companion. His eyes narrowed at the sight of the two, but he made no actions against the pair.

c o d e b y t r i p l e s
Tialaas raised his eyebrows in response, though his facial features did little to showcase any emotion he felt towards his actions or her response. During his training in the Order, he’d been taught to live off the freedom of life and interaction. Income was to be used sparsely, to lessen the reliance on the worldly systems. The less permanent and connected one stayed, the farther removed they remained from societal corruption. Justice was easily skewed when you had materialistic ideas bombarding your mindset.
Would’ve been genius, had I won.” The Blood Hunter noted with a spark of amusement in his bitter tone. He watched her take his coin, each piece which had been earned through some action on the behalf of another. With time he’d collect close to the same amount, so he wasn’t too worried. After all, in this city there were more than enough people in need of true justice. Not to mention he had favors he could call on in the meantime, and if all else failed he was always welcome in the Outer City.
He sighed in relief as the Acolyte began to work her magic, a much more soothing heavenly light coursed through his injuries and quickly repaired them. It wasn’t a full recovery, which he hadn’t expected given the amount of damage Nima had dealt him in her anger. But for now, it’d allow him to move on without the fear of falling over dead. Strength marginally returned to his form, and with it the pain that had clouded his thoughts gradually lessened.
Just trying to right some wrongs.” He offered plainly, though it was clear from the damage he’d suffered that his words were an understatement. Once she’d finished, Tialaas glanced down at the opening in his tunic that had once displayed heavily burned flesh, which now seemed to have healed as if he’d been given several days of rest and proper care. The mark wasn’t gone but instead appeared far less severe. With a nod, he stood to leave while buttoning one of his many layers to hide the wound.
I’ll be around, whenever you need those favors.” Kal added before he took his leave from the establishment. He gave a simple wave to Alan Alyth as he made his way out until his gaze fell on the Water Genasi alongside her Dwarven companion. His eyes narrowed at the sight of the two, but he made no actions against the pair.

Last edited:

• fe1fc8bc635f1d4c8cb5daead7293397.png
    N i m a
    Water Genasi - Level 2 Cleric - AC 19 - HP 21/21 - Walk 30 ft - Swim 30 ft
    STR 15 (+2) DEX 8 (-1) CON 18 (+4) INT 13 (+1) WIS* 19 (+4) CHA *11 (+0)

Nima was clearly more uncomfortable when the elf walked out of the tavern again. She shifted on her feet a bit as if readying herself for a fight, but she didn't take the first step either. His very presence was concerning though, and she felt herself having to hold back from either just straight up running or throwing some more magic his way.

"You know what..." she said, her eyes on the elf but speaking to Hafdan, "they might be waiting at the bathhouse already. And if not, they'll probably have the sense to go there as well when they see we're not here. Some of them would, at least..." She then finally looked away from the elf, gave a nod at Hafdan and the rest who had already gathered before starting to walk in the direction of the bathhouse.

As she walked, she kept her eye occasionally on the people surrounding, looking out for any suspicious types that might be following them, but mostly focusing on trying to find out whether the elf would follow.

Dethrix Dethrix dr xenon dr xenon BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2

Updates Rolls
    Perception to notice Tialaas and other shady types 18 + 6 = 24
    Other actions

none

Last edited:

Hafdan charsheet
Dwarf Fighter - Axe & Shield
HP: (24)
AC: 16/18
Passives:
  • Perception/WIS: 12
  • Investigation/INT: 9
  • Insight/WIS: 14
Action Surge [ ] / Short Rest
Second wind [ ] / Short Rest

Battleaxe: +6, 1d8+4/1d10+4
Handaxe 20/60, +6/+5 1d6+4

"Whoa, hold up there, smith!" Hafdan calls after Nima. "We can't go bumbling around here. We don't want to spook the rats out of their holes, or give 'em time to set up. That's how guards get killed. We wait here for the others and then all go together. Maybe put together more of plan than just walking over there like we're strolling into the market 'cuz we heard there's a shipment of ale in from Neverwinter."

Ellya Ellya

Ellya Ellya dr xenon dr xenon Dethrix Dethrix

As Nima left to leave and was stopped by Hafdan, whether she continued on after his advice or not, nothing immediately seemed amiss with her scan of their surroundings. Sure, there were less scrupulous types about, and more than one of them cast their eyes towards the pair. That is, until Nima felt something tug on her sleeve. Something small, maybe the size of a child. If she looked towards the sensation, though nothing was there. Still, she felt a little, clawed hand on her wrist. After a few seconds, it released her. The very observant Cleric heard the distinct sound of quietly beating wings, and then a voice next to her ear. "Hey. Psst. Come over here." Hafdan felt a similar tug, and that same voice next to his head. "You too."

The quiet wings moved nearby the entrance of an alleyway.​

N i m a

Nima stayed behind to listen to Hafdan, but slowly shook her head, glancing at the elf again. "A plan isn't a bad idea, but.. we should at least move away from here..." she muttered, giving a subtle but meaningful nod toward the stranger that had stabbed her just a short while ago. "... Please." She then added, her voice sounding discomforted, like she had trouble saying the word.

As soon as she felt the tug on her arm, the Genasi quickly turned around and instinctively reached for her mace, already feeling her heartbeat skyrocket. The sound of wings made her look up in the air as she very slowly calmed down again, only to dart her head in yet another direction when she heard a voice very close by. She listened closely to the flapping of the wings, glancing over at the dwarf for a few seconds, as if to make sure that she wouldn't be going into an alleyway in Baldur's Gate by herself.

"This way..." she softly said, giving one final glance at the elf before moving into the alleyway.
    Dethrix Dethrix dr xenon dr xenon

Updates Rolls
    none
    Other actions
    none

Hafdan charsheet
Passives:

Surprisingly, maybe only to himself, Hafdan doesn't start at the odd beckoning from the invisible owner of the somewhat familiar voice. Maybe it's years on the job in Baldur's Gate, or maybe he was waiting for the invisible flyer from last night to come back around. He's probably not that sure himself. Hefting his axe and holding it at casually at the ready, he follows Nima toward the alley.

"So," he says in a quiet voice, "you've made up your mind about me then?"

Tialaas Kalot

Wood Half-Elf

Level 2 Blood Hunter

AC 15

HP 14/18

Walk 35 ft.

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 Ellya Ellya dr xenon dr xenon
Tialaas knew that if he found the two outside once more, there’d be renewed tension. If anything that was part of the reason he’d chosen to leave the Tavern, his work still wasn’t finished. When the Water Genasi looked at him, he made sure to actively match her gaze. Staring her down from across the street without a word or action. He stood tall despite the lingering pain in his chest, as if to show that he’d recovered within such a short time. Though the Blood Hunter’s face bore no expression, it was clear that there was a silent exchange of mutual fear and aggression between them.
Kal watched her interaction with the Flaming Fist Soldier and moved to follow them both before realizing just how exposed he was. As it was still quite early in the morning, there were few crowds for him to hide amongst while trailing them. Instead, he looked to the nearby buildings as a possible venture. If he could keep an eye on them from above he’d have a better chance of staying concealed, but upon even trying to find a grip on the wall he found he was still too weak for such an action. Though he’d been healed, his body was still reeling from his near-death experience, or at least that’s what he chalked it up to. With a huff, he simply worked with what he could, opting to simply observe them from a distance. He walked at a significantly slower pace, staying several yards behind them while maintaining a watchful gaze.
To this end when they moved to the alley, he crossed the road to press himself against the cusp of the entrance. He took care not to stand too close to the edge, so as not to reveal himself, but if anyone came out his position would be plain as day. Tialaas did his best not to seem suspicious to the rest of the civilians, simply leaning against the wall and using it to support his tired body. Silently, he listened for what the two of them might have ventured away to discuss. If they moved through the backway, he’d wait until they cleared the area before continuing to follow after them.

Tialaas knew that if he found the two outside once more, there’d be renewed tension. If anything that was part of the reason he’d chosen to leave the Tavern, his work still wasn’t finished. When the Water Genasi looked at him, he made sure to actively match her gaze. Staring her down from across the street without a word or action. He stood tall despite the lingering pain in his chest, as if to show that he’d recovered within such a short time. Though the Blood Hunter’s face bore no expression, it was clear that there was a silent exchange of mutual fear and aggression between them.
Kal watched her interaction with the Flaming Fist Soldier and moved to follow them both before realizing just how exposed he was. As it was still quite early in the morning, there were few crowds for him to hide amongst while trailing them. Instead, he looked to the nearby buildings as a possible venture. If he could keep an eye on them from above he’d have a better chance of staying concealed, but upon even trying to find a grip on the wall he found he was still too weak for such an action. Though he’d been healed, his body was still reeling from his near-death experience, or at least that’s what he chalked it up to. With a huff, he simply worked with what he could, opting to simply observe them from a distance. He walked at a significantly slower pace, staying several yards behind them while maintaining a watchful gaze.
To this end when they moved to the alley, he crossed the road to press himself against the cusp of the entrance. He took care not to stand too close to the edge, so as not to reveal himself, but if anyone came out his position would be plain as day. Tialaas did his best not to seem suspicious to the rest of the civilians, simply leaning against the wall and using it to support his tired body. Silently, he listened for what the two of them might have ventured away to discuss. If they moved through the backway, he’d wait until they cleared the area before continuing to follow after them.

Ellya Ellya Dethrix Dethrix dr xenon dr xenon

The wings stopped flapping as something came to rest on a nearby trashbin, only noticeable by the barely audible sounds of clawed feet grasping the bin's edge. Whatever the creature was, it didn't seem to intend to reveal itself to either of them at the moment. Several seconds of silence followed before the voice reemerged, too quiet for Tialaas to hear. "That guy is followin' yuh." Seemingly undeterred, it continued. It had a peculiar accent; certainly not one either of you had ever heard before. Its almost sourceless voice made it difficult to gauge the creature's height, but the occasional shift revealed its wings were probably decently large, something more than likely necessary for something of its size. "Yah were snoopin' around tha bathhouse last night, right, or what? Don' mattah." Its wings seemed to ruffle slightly. "I'm here tah delivuh a business proposal, if you're interested. Right?"

Whatever it was seemed to be waiting for a response to the affirmative.​

Hafdan charsheet
Passives:

A twitch belies Hafdan almost turning to scowl back at Tialaas. He catches himself and speaks to the area of the trash bin, "I'm listening, whatever you are."

N i m a

Nima gave a slight frown and crossed her arms. "We know he is. Made some pathetic attempts to hide himself too..."

She considered the proposal for a few seconds. An invisible creature wanting to make a deal in this city usually didn't bode well, but aside from her general curiosity, she also figured it might actually be of interest. After a short pause, she responded: "The business I do requires service and payment. And usually not as much hiding. What do you suggest and why should we trust it coming from a creature that won't show itself?"

She tried her best to keep her voice low, making sure to pause whenever the elf was in plain view at the entrance of the alleyway. She could think of a few things this creature might be, whether devil, demon, fiend or something else, but it was apparently quite hard to place it exactly.

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 Dethrix Dethrix dr xenon dr xenon
    Updates Rolls
    Religion: 17 + 3 = 20
    Other actions

none

Ellya Ellya dr xenon dr xenon

" Yeah, yeah, whatevuh." Whatever it was, you could hear it moving its limbs, probably dismissively. If it was aware how pointless this was when they couldn't see it, it must not have cared. The quiet, repeated sound of something hitting the trashcan in two separate places made it almost seem as though it were kicking its legs. "I'm here tah represent someone wit' a vested interest in what's goin' on in the bathhouse. Yah wit' me so fah?" Despite its strange manner of speaking, it still spoke with a fairly business like countenance. "Tha payment I offuh is infahmation that will help yah win. Yah with me? Inside one of the private rooms is an entrance tah a dungeon. Yah got me so fahr? Inside, you'll find a man named Mawhtlock Vanthampur. Right? Just make sure he doesn't leave that place alive. Right?" Vanthampur was a fairly recognizable name to both of them. Even Mortlock was; he would be the son of Duke Thalamra Vanthampur. "Tha man I represent does have somethin' he can offuh in turn, so long as a deal is reached between us. Okay?"

N i m a

"You mistake me for an assassin... I respectfully refuse your offer, creature."

Nima kept her arms crossed and her eyes directed to where she heard the subtle noises coming from. She had thought long and hard about how to decline business offers without offending the requester. She'd rarely ever actually done it, but she figured a time would eventually come. And this just had way too many unknown factors and potential consequences to agree to it.

"I don't need to know what your... employer has to offer us. I do not know this man you speak of and have no reason to want him dead, whatever the reward may be. I don't know what he does, maybe he deserves death, maybe he doesn't, but... I don't get involved."

She shrugged and walked back out of the alleyway. The reason for the interrogation earlier was still clear in her mind - her involvement with a murder just a short while ago. She barely had anything to do with it and still the consequences found her. No way she was getting herself this deep into actual murder. As she exited the alley, she noticed the elf there again. Keeping her gaze on him, she walked away a few feet and then just leaned against a building, looking at the ground.
    Dethrix Dethrix dr xenon dr xenon BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2

Updates Rolls
    none
    Other actions
    none

Tialaas Kalot

Wood Half-Elf

Level 2 Blood Hunter

AC 15

HP 14/18

Walk 35 ft.

Tialaas stayed in his position as he strained to hear their conversation and occasionally even peered around the corner to assure himself they were still in the alleyway. If nothing else it was almost comical for the rather tall Half-Elf to attempt at hiding himself in plain day as he peaked his head out from behind a wall. Of course, despite his best efforts, all he could make out were hushed tones and confused questions.
That was at least until Nima seemed to have had enough with the conversation. She turned so quickly that despite all of his skillful training, Tialaas stumbled to reposition himself so that it didn’t seem like he’d been lurking the entire time. A futile action really, born mostly from a reactionary aversion of getting caught. Not that it’d matter, his suspicion of her had been made quite apparent. Once she’d exited, Kal regarded her momentarily as he recognized that the Dwarf hadn’t left with her.
Secret meetings already?” He spoke after a period of silence had settled in between them, his voice devoid of any influence. The intention behind the question wasn’t even to get an answer, but rather an observation. After all that talk in the Tavern, had she gone off immediately to hire some form of protection from the Guild? Or perhaps the Fist that had accompanied her had been sent off to inform Zodge of his transgressions? Regardless, he watched her carefully for any hints. If nothing else, the Water Genasi was quite expressive when pushed.

Tialaas stayed in his position as he strained to hear their conversation and occasionally even peered around the corner to assure himself they were still in the alleyway. If nothing else it was almost comical for the rather tall Half-Elf to attempt at hiding himself in plain day as he peaked his head out from behind a wall. Of course, despite his best efforts, all he could make out were hushed tones and confused questions.
That was at least until Nima seemed to have had enough with the conversation. She turned so quickly that despite all of his skillful training, Tialaas stumbled to reposition himself so that it didn’t seem like he’d been lurking the entire time. A futile action really, born mostly from a reactionary aversion of getting caught. Not that it’d matter, his suspicion of her had been made quite apparent. Once she’d exited, Kal regarded her momentarily as he recognized that the Dwarf hadn’t left with her.
Secret meetings already?” He spoke after a period of silence had settled in between them, his voice devoid of any influence. The intention behind the question wasn’t even to get an answer, but rather an observation. After all that talk in the Tavern, had she gone off immediately to hire some form of protection from the Guild? Or perhaps the Fist that had accompanied her had been sent off to inform Zodge of his transgressions? Regardless, he watched her carefully for any hints. If nothing else, the Water Genasi was quite expressive when pushed.

N i m a

A shiver went through Nima's body at the mere sound of the elf asking her a question. She bit the inside of her cheek and was silent for a few seconds, afraid to reveal a shaky voice when speaking. After pulling herself together though, she simply answered.

"Not very secret. You're still radiant enough to be seen from the Upper City."
    Dethrix Dethrix

Updates Rolls
    none
    Other actions
    none

Tialaas Kalot

Wood Half-Elf

Level 2 Blood Hunter

AC 15

HP 14/18

Walk 35 ft.

Ellya Ellya
Tialaas might have laughed in any other circumstance, but the toll of nearly dying hadn’t escaped him entirely. There was still a slight searing sensation that lingered in his chest, where the burn marks could be found from her spell. Without thinking his hand slowly moved upwards to soothe the pain, but he recognized the action and quickly stifled it by clenching his fist.
And you look like you watched a litter of kittens die.” He responded coldly as he shifted his weight away from the wall. There was little he could go off at the moment, and he had no intention of causing a scene between them in public. Before was one thing, he was familiar with the Elfsong Tavern and it’d been early enough to pull something so reckless off without consequence. Now only a few minutes later, the circumstance had changed.
With a breath, he centered himself and remembered why he’d ventured to the Tavern in the first place. Zodge had sent him to join a band of adventurers in hunting down the Cultists that had been terrorizing the city as of late. Even before being conscripted by the Flaming Fists, Tialaas had been aware of the destructive influence they were having on the city.
As I said earlier, Zodge sent me to help with the Cult. Try not to blast me across a room this time, and actually tell me something useful.” The Blood Hunter spoke as he referenced the moment she’d crippled him with a blinding flash of divine light. The memory alone sent a flare of pain through his upper torso, but he held any signs of pain back to the best of his ability.

Tialaas might have laughed in any other circumstance, but the toll of nearly dying hadn’t escaped him entirely. There was still a slight searing sensation that lingered in his chest, where the burn marks could be found from her spell. Without thinking his hand slowly moved upwards to soothe the pain, but he recognized the action and quickly stifled it by clenching his fist.
And you look like you watched a litter of kittens die.” He responded coldly as he shifted his weight away from the wall. There was little he could go off at the moment, and he had no intention of causing a scene between them in public. Before was one thing, he was familiar with the Elfsong Tavern and it’d been early enough to pull something so reckless off without consequence. Now only a few minutes later, the circumstance had changed.
With a breath, he centered himself and remembered why he’d ventured to the Tavern in the first place. Zodge had sent him to join a band of adventurers in hunting down the Cultists that had been terrorizing the city as of late. Even before being conscripted by the Flaming Fists, Tialaas had been aware of the destructive influence they were having on the city.
As I said earlier, Zodge sent me to help with the Cult. Try not to blast me across a room this time, and actually tell me something useful.” The Blood Hunter spoke as he referenced the moment she’d crippled him with a blinding flash of divine light. The memory alone sent a flare of pain through his upper torso, but he held any signs of pain back to the best of his ability.

N i m a

Nima scoffed a bit, shaking her head and looking away for a few seconds. She leaned her back against one of the walls and rested one foot against it as well, keeping her arms crossed. She felt very uncomfortable, but wasn't just going to admit to that physically.

"I hate kittens..." she dryly responded to his first remark, not really delivering it as hurtfully as she thought it would be, but still. With every movement of his, Nima flinched a little, like she expected him to strike at her any second. Just to be sure, she reached behind her and grabbed her shield, resting it on the ground and then leaning forward on it while watching him.

"I'm not telling you anything... You can go find out for yourself" her voice carried barely any emotion, but when he made another hint of a move, she flinched back once again, instinctively reaching for her shield but managing to stay in the same position. She swallowed. "And watch it. You come anywhere near me and I'll make you hit the ground crying again."
    Dethrix Dethrix

Updates Rolls
    none
    Other actions
    none

Hafdan charsheet
Passives:

" Yeah, yeah, whatevuh." Whatever it was, you could hear it moving its limbs, probably dismissively. If it was aware how pointless this was when they couldn't see it, it must not have cared. The quiet, repeated sound of something hitting the trashcan in two separate places made it almost seem as though it were kicking its legs. "I'm here tah represent someone wit' a vested interest in what's goin' on in the bathhouse. Yah wit' me so fah?" Despite its strange manner of speaking, it still spoke with a fairly business like countenance. "Tha payment I offuh is infahmation that will help yah win. Yah with me? Inside one of the private rooms is an entrance tah a dungeon. Yah got me so fahr? Inside, you'll find a man named Mawhtlock Vanthampur. Right? Just make sure he doesn't leave that place alive. Right?" Vanthampur was a fairly recognizable name to both of them. Even Mortlock was; he would be the son of Duke Thalamra Vanthampur. "Tha man I represent does have somethin' he can offuh in turn, so long as a deal is reached between us. Okay?"

Hafdan watched Nima go with a slightly puzzled or maybe disappointed look on his face. He knew her type - hells, he had tried to be someone like that once - the type that thought an honest days' wages were earned by taking payment from honest people. But this was Balder's Gate, and all the money had blood on it. Just sometimes the blood was fresher than others, and the trick was to make sure it wasn't your blood.

"I'm still listening," he said turning back to the unseen other half of the conversation.

Lioness075 Lioness075 D. Rex D. Rex Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Idea Idea

It was around this time that you all arrived at Elfsong tavern. Looking around, Grond and Axtis were inside, while Nima and Hafdan were standing in a nearby alley. Nima seemed to be having some sort of confrontation with a half-elf at the alleyway's entrance.

Ellya Ellya dr xenon dr xenon Dethrix Dethrix

The creature didn't immediately respond to Nima, almost as though considering what she said. Eventually, when it did answer, it sounded almost uncomfortable. "I mean, alright. If yah say so." Its wings started to beat slightly before Hafdan answered, at which point it went still again. The bin shifted as whatever it was took off, before Hafdan felt something heavy perch onto his stout shoulder, its long, clawed toes digging into him a little through his chain armor. It curled around the back of his neck, its leather skin almost uncomfortably warm. A long tail swayed against the back of Hafdan's armor. Still, it remained invisible. The voice was now right next to his head. "Kill Mawhtlock and my employuh will offah information as tah tha fate of Elturel. Right?"

Regardless of Hafdan's response, he lifted off the dwarf's shoulders, wings still beating quietly in the alleyway. "I'll be waitin' outside tha bathhouse tah see when tha deed is done. Okay?"

With that, the wing beats seemed to fade away. It was then that Hafdan and Nima noticed the rest of their party arriving.​

Tialaas Kalot

Wood Half-Elf

Level 2 Blood Hunter

AC 15

HP 14/18

Walk 35 ft.

Ellya Ellya Lioness075 Lioness075 D. Rex D. Rex Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Idea Idea

Tialaas raised his eyebrows at her apparent dislike for cats, after all like most adolescent animals they were essentially innocent creatures. Realistically, who hated a kitten? He stared with apathy as she flinched with his movement, taking particular interest when she drew her shield out once more. Though this time around it wasn’t nearly as confrontational.
After a moment of contemplation, he took a strong step towards the Water Genasi and continued to push towards her despite his fight or flight response clearly advising against the action. He was in no position to be calling her bluff, but it would only hinder him to roll over after everything that had occurred.
You hit me with any of that nonsense again and you better make sure I’m down for good. Otherwise, I’m paying a little visit to your home, and teaching your lover what it feels like to burn from every nerve of his body.” Tialaas challenged, with contempt finally being brought to the forefront of his voice. He had no true ill will towards Nima, but her obstruction to his goals was becoming an increasingly difficult obstacle. One he didn’t feel obliged to deal with, but it wasn’t within his character to kill her just for being defiant. He could, however, continue to use the leverage he had to sparingly lessen the threat she posed.
But I know a woman so concerned with her reputation, wouldn’t kill a man dead in the street for everyone to see. That’d ruin everything.” The Half-Elf added for good measure, as he brushed past her and made his way towards an oncoming group of what he could only assume to be the rest of their party that Zodge had alluded too. He raised one of his hands to beckon those that could see him towards their general direction, near the alleyway. They needed to proceed with their mission swiftly before the Cult in question could learn of their plans, not to mention he needed someone to fill him in on just what they’d learned about the fanatics.

Tialaas raised his eyebrows at her apparent dislike for cats, after all like most adolescent animals they were essentially innocent creatures. Realistically, who hated a kitten? He stared with apathy as she flinched with his movement, taking particular interest when she drew her shield out once more. Though this time around it wasn’t nearly as confrontational.
After a moment of contemplation, he took a strong step towards the Water Genasi and continued to push towards her despite his fight or flight response clearly advising against the action. He was in no position to be calling her bluff, but it would only hinder him to roll over after everything that had occurred.
You hit me with any of that nonsense again and you better make sure I’m down for good. Otherwise, I’m paying a little visit to your home, and teaching your lover what it feels like to burn from every nerve of his body.” Tialaas challenged, with contempt finally being brought to the forefront of his voice. He had no true ill will towards Nima, but her obstruction to his goals was becoming an increasingly difficult obstacle. One he didn’t feel obliged to deal with, but it wasn’t within his character to kill her just for being defiant. He could, however, continue to use the leverage he had to sparingly lessen the threat she posed.
But I know a woman so concerned with her reputation, wouldn’t kill a man dead in the street for everyone to see. That’d ruin everything.” The Half-Elf added for good measure, as he brushed past her and made his way towards an oncoming group of what he could only assume to be the rest of their party that Zodge had alluded too. He raised one of his hands to beckon those that could see him towards their general direction, near the alleyway. They needed to proceed with their mission swiftly before the Cult in question could learn of their plans, not to mention he needed someone to fill him in on just what they’d learned about the fanatics.

Last edited:
Leandra.jpg
Name: Larassa LaFraeNicknames: Lara, Shadow
Class: RogueLevel: 2
Equipment: Shortbow & Arrows (18/20), Shortsword, 2x Daggers, Leather Armor (AC 16)

By the time Dragon had approached the bathroom she was in, Larassa had already dressed and donned her armor as well as her various weaponry. She was just cinching down the hilt of one of her daggers when he barged in without any warning.
Larassa glared at the other Tabaxi, but because of her hood, it was lost on him even if he had bothered to look at where her eyes would be behind the hood.

Trailing after the others, Larassa made sure to snag some of the fancy breakfast in passing and happily ate bacon and a couple biscuits she had tucked into her arm. She snacked all the way to the tavern, crumbs on her muzzle being the only sign she had ever eaten to begin with.

Wiping away the crumbs, Larassa quickly broke away from the trio she had been shadowing back here, mindfully wanting to give them some distance since Guinevere seemed a bit 'broken' at the moment. Larassa could understand hating such an obvious and awful scar, but Guinevere was far louder than Larassa liked.

Yet, just as she broke away from her little group, Larassa froze at the sight of someone new to the team. She could only assume he was with them when he waved, but Larassa tensed at this stranger, disliking anyone joining them this late in the mission. Mindfully trying to avoid anyone's particular attention, Larassa moved over to the tavern's entrance and sat on the steps with her tail curling around her legs. She waited there for the group to discuss whatever before they would finally move on to the next step. Larassa had missed every discussion yesterday detailing where they were to go next, so she patiently awaited for someone to elaborate.

While she waited, Larassa glanced to the side and flinched when she saw some dried blood near her. She remembered the pirate felled by her arrow and how he had slumped onto the stairs like a ragdoll. Closing her eyes, Larassa shifted as if she were looking down at her lap instead and tried to focus on maintaining steady breathing while her heart pounded inside.

Interactions: N/A
Mentions: D. Rex D. Rex (Fallen Dragon), Dethrix Dethrix (Tialaas), Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide (Guinevere)
Nearby: Idea Idea (Inula), Ellya Ellya (Nima), dr xenon dr xenon (Hafdan)

• Inula Mallian
    Lvl 2 Dogfolk Bard

I kept a certain distance from Guinevere and Fallen Dragon as we headed to the tavern, avoiding eye contact as much as possible, though I couldn't help shooting them a very occasional glance. I wasn't sure how to bring, well, anything up, or whether I even should to begin with. Larassa wasn't nearby either, instead keeping her distance form the group as well, even more distance from me possibly (she was hard to notice once she separated from us though). Right now, I just wanted to pull out a book from my sack and read a bit to calm my nerves, but there was no way I could do that in the middle of the street.

We arrived. The group was pretty split up in several locations, but I knew I didn't want to stay with lady Vannath or Fallen Dragon for now, not until I could face them properly, which would be.... someday. Hopefully. Instead, I headed to Grond and the tiefling who was working with us as well, but whose name I had yet to learn. I raised a hand just barely above my cheeks and waved in their direction.

"H-Hey... So, we're going to that cult of the dead tree place today? All together..." I inquired, before turning to the tiefling specifically. "U-uhm, thanks for helping Fallen Dragon the other day! I couldn't see very well from up the stairs, but helped him deal with those pirates that had him surrounded, right? Thank you very much! My name is Inula, just that, Inula. And your name is?"

okada-manabi-shingeki-no-bahamut-anime-inumimi-3404461-jpeg.790124

Proficiency Bonus: +2
    Hit Points: 15/15
    Hit Dice: 2d8
    Armor Class: 14
    Initiative: +4
    Speed: 30 ft
    Passive Perception: 10
    Spellcasting Ability: Cha
    Spellsave DC: 15
    Spell Attack Bonus: +7

Bardic Inspirations: 5/5

Spells
Cantrips: (2)
*Guidance
*Mending

First Level: (4)
*Command
*Cure Wounds
*Sleep
*Speak With Animals [Ritual]
*Unseen Servant [Ritual]

Items
Equipped:
*Rapier
*Wolf Pelts Leather Armor
*Sack x5
*Common Clothes
*Glasses

Currency:
0 PP
15 GP
37 SP
146 CP

Carrying:
*Calligrapher's Supplies (magical focus, has an effect which magically produces paper)
*Forgery Kit
*Disguise Kit
*Dagger x3
*Ink Pen x5
*Bottle of Ink
*Academy Uniform Robes
*Rations (7 days)
*Glasses
*Chalk x3
*Blanket
*Small Knife
*Candles x10
*Tinder Box
*Rope (silk) (currently with a small reduction in size)
*Mess Kit
*Ladder (10 ft)
*Piton x3
*Parchment x10
*Hammer
*Tumbling Tales of Tom Tomb (book)
*Diary of a Princess (book)
*Practical Analysis of Arcane Script Pt1 (book)

Skills
Saving Throws:
Strength: +1
Dexterity: +5
Constitution: +2
Intelligence: +4
Wisdom: 0
Charisma: +7

Skills:
Acrobatics: +4
Animal Handling: 0
Arcana: +5
Athletics: +1
Deception: +7
History: +4
Insight: 0
Intimidation: +5
Investigation: +5
Medicine: +1
Nature: +4
Perception: +1
Performance: +5
Persuasion: +9
Religion: +4
Sleight of Hand: +4
Stealth: +4
Survival: 0

Passives

Researcher- When you attempt to learn or recall a piece of lore, if you do not know that information, you often know where and from whom you can obtain it. Usually, this information comes from a library, scriptorium, university, or a sage or other learned person or creature. Your DM might rule that the knowledge you seek is secreted away in an almost inaccessible place, or that it simply cannot be found. Unearthing the deepest secrets of the multiverse can require an adventure or even a whole campaign.

Diplomat- If you spend 1 minute talking to someone who can understand what you say, you can make a Charisma (Persuasion) check contested by the creature’s Wisdom (Insight) check. If you or your companions are fighting the creature, your check automatically fails. If your check succeeds, the target is charmed by you as long as it remains within 60 feet of you and for 1 minute thereafter.

Song of Rest: Beginning at 2nd level, you can use soothing music or oration to help revitalize your wounded allies during a short rest. If you or any friendly creatures who can hear your performance spend one or more Hit Dice to regain hit points at the end of the short rest, each of those creatures regains an extra 1d6 hit points.

Interacting With: Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie

Mentions: Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide D. Rex D. Rex Lioness075 Lioness075

Might Also Want To Read: N/A

"H-Hey... So, we're going to that cult of the dead tree place today? All together..."
Grond nods, doing his best to hide his hangover from the young woman. "Yes, I do believe so, once everyone is here, we will be making our way to the bath house and searching for the secret entrance to this lair that the cultists have set up. The sooner the better, as far as I'm concerned."

The tiefling takes her dagger that she's been using on her fingernails and puts it away as she is addressed by Inula. "Well met, Inula. I'm Axtis. Axtis Jen. I look forward to getting to know you better, especially with your magical talents helping us out as we go into the home of these cultists." She gives her a pleasant smile as she finishes up her greeting.

N i m a

Nima felt a strange feeling of nausea take over when the elf brought up her lover. Sure, they'd been exchanging some vicious insults back and forth, but this one was different. This wasn't any kind of jest, this was targeted, considered and very scary. She opened her mouth to retort but her throat felt dry and she couldn't get any noise out. The grip on the top of her shield weakened a bit, but she managed to pull herself together at least a little bit, enough to keep it from clattering to the ground.

She just stared at the elf in disbelief. What was she going to do about this? She couldn't just openly attack him right here in the streets for many, many reasons. Call the guild for help? That would defninitely put her right in their pocket. Call the Flaming Fist, or at the very least just Hafdan? She definitely considered that, but something inside her didn't want to get anyone else involved. This man wanted to make it personal.

After blinking a few times and trying to think of something to say, but before she could get it out, the elf had turned around and walked to the now arriving rest of the group. Nima glanced at Hafdan, who still seemed to be discussing terms with the invisible creature, then took a deep breath and leaned back against the wall again, looking down at the ground with a frown, just in view of both the arriving group and Hafdan.
    Dethrix Dethrix dr xenon dr xenon
    @rest of the group

Updates Rolls
    none
    Other actions
    none

Hafdan charsheet
Passives:

Turning away after the invisible fixer had left the alley that familiar puzzled look crossed Hafdan's face - as if he was dividing 3921 by 17 in his head. With a shrug that seemed to say, More than 20 is close enough he made his way into the road. Spotting Tialaa's back heading toward the rest of the crew arriving at the tavern a scowl settles in.

Indicating to everyone that they should gather around him he says,

"I got a little more information for us to work with, and I did a walk-by the place last night so I know where we're going," he paused and looked at Tialaa, "But I still don't know who the Blue Firstday you are, boy, or why you're here. I'm not about to go risking my neck with you here - or anyone else's - until you explain yourself!"

Dethrix Dethrix

Users who are viewing this thread

Back