• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

• fe1fc8bc635f1d4c8cb5daead7293397.png
    N i m a
    Water Genasi - Level 2 Cleric - AC 19 - HP 21/21 - Walk 30 ft - Swim 30 ft
    STR 15 (+2) DEX 8 (-1) CON 18 (+4) INT 13 (+1) WIS* 19 (+4) CHA *11 (+0)

Nima had simply kept hammering away at a broadsword she'd been working on for a week. The requested etching was intricate and detailed and required most of her time and effort. She couldn't concentrate very well on it though, as she listened closely to every word Pelor said.

Keeping her back turned to him, she did not show any sort of response or acknowledgement. When the Cult was brought up however, she stopped. There was anger that he'd been associating himself with the wrong types, but she worried for him mostly, however stupid his decisions were. But he seemed to have no intention of stopping on his quest. She placed down the hammer in her hand, feeling some relief that she did finally know what was up, but her face stayed the same.

She reached to the side and grabbed a shortsword, shoving it against his chest. "Then go. But pack your things before you do." she simply said, then walking past him and going back inside. Halfway through the door though, she stopped in her tracks. Pausing for a few moments, she eventually turned around again and revealed the face that was stoic and angry just a moment ago, now with her lip quivering. "You're being an idiot, Pel. And I can't have you putting yourself in danger like this, you..." she took a deep breath and approached him, grabbing his hands.

The look in her eyes was much more clear now. There was worry and disappointment mostly. "I understand, okay?. And I love you, Pel, but every day out there is a day you might get stabbed in the heart instead, or expose yourself to the wrong person, and our lives could be ruined. Do you understand that?" She shook her head a bit, tightly holding his hands. "All I've built here, and all that we have built together could be gone just because of your family."

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2

Updates Rolls
    none
    Other actions
    none

Last edited:
As Axtis looks out, she can see that there is little to do other than gather up the party, get some needed rest, and then make their way to end the lives of this cult. All in all, this was not a bad encounter. All of them down, and with only minor injuries on our side.

She walks out of her hiding spot and cleans off her rapier with a piece of cloth, then goes to find Fallen Dragon. She asks, "You doing ok? I saw that you were hit and I want to make sure you are doing fine."
D. Rex D. Rex

Carefully watching the aasimar lose his interest in Guin, Fallen Dragon turned his attention to Axtis. He looked her over suspiciously. Sure she was on his team. But how far did that really matter in Baldur's Gate?

Still, she did how him out of the bind that was four on one. He looked down to his leg and bloodied pants. It was a deep cut, would leave him limping until it was healed, but he had had worse. No major muscles or arteries were severed. At least. "I will be fine, I will get patched up as soon as I return to the manor." He told her.

"Thank you. For your help and concern. It would have a tight fight if you hadn't stepped in. I appreciate it." He reached into his robes, and pulled out the coin purse he had taken from the Captains corpse and pushed it into the tieflings hands.

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2
He turned around to the pirate he thought that Dragon was the wisest person to hide behind. It wasnt. "You." He said. Turning his stare to the pirate. "Go tell your crew they have a new employment opportunity. Have them show up at her manor bright and early in the morning. I have a job for them that involves killing. Some... privateer work. Lucrative. This is last chance for you pirates. If I have to hunt you down, I will be very very irritated, and will make you pay for wasting my time and mercy. If you do not think they will... tell me now."

Hafdan charsheet
Dwarf Fighter - Axe & Shield
HP: (14) 13
AC: 16/18
Passives:
  • Perception/WIS: 12
  • Investigation/INT: 9
  • Insight/WIS: 14
Battleaxe: +6, 1d8+4/1d10+4

Hauling the pirate Larassa left behind to his feet Hafdan guides him none to gently back into the tavern in time to hear Fallen Dragon's proposition to the other surviving pirate.

"You recruiting a little extra muscle for us to finish up?" he asks Dragon. He turns to the pirates. "Probably the best chance you lot will get. Otherwise you know how the Fist deals with known criminals at the scene of the crime."

He adds to the last statement with an obvious indication of the guard uniform he wears.

D. Rex D. Rex , Lioness075 Lioness075

Last edited:
Ellya Ellya

At the ultimatum, Pelor's face fell. Still, at first, he seemed quite conflicted. He didn't pull away from her touch, or act as though he wanted to be away. If anything, he held onto her hand tightly. It was the last thing she said that got a real reaction out of him. Suddenly, his eyes met hers once more with a look of shock and hurt, as though she had physically struck him. "Just because of my family?" He didn't sound angry- he sounded stunned. His eyes narrowed, and for once it seemed like he might actually snap at her, but in the end he just took a deep breath before responding. "You say you understand, but I don't think you do, or you wouldn't dismiss it as being "just" my family. Please try to put yourself in my shoes." He squeezed her hand, his shoulders slumping slightly.

"You are asking me to do one of two things: One, leave to find and save my family, the second most important thing in the world to me," Even then, the little upturn at the corners of his mouth as he looked at her made it clear what number one was, but it shortly faded. "But lose you, even if it's for just a while." As though expecting a quick response, he continued without pause. "Or stay, leaving my family to potentially die at the hands of some Dead Three fanatic. I love you. I do. If I stay and they are hurt, I will never be able to forgive myself." The man shook his head. "You're asking me to make an impossible decision." He let a shaky sigh out, born of exhaustion and physical pain, not frustration. His tone was throughout it all measured, as though he was trying his best to stay level. "I know you mean well. Yes, you are the most important thing in the world to me. No, I don't want to jeopardize what you're doing here. They matter to me, too, though."

• Inula Mallian
    Lvl 1 Dogfolk Bard

My eyes remained fixed on the captain, and more importantly on the little piece of cutglass he held. My eyes shifted up and down between the glass, my benefactor and the pirate captain, clutching the paper I held with my heart palpitating like crazy. Not even the somewhat humorous fact the captain's hat was still on fire helped ease the tension. Besides, he did eventually throw it out.

I gasped for air the moment I saw the genasi making her move. Did she have a plan to save lady Vannath? A slight smile, a tiny glint of hope welled up inside me, I guess even if she didn't really like the patriar, we were still teamma-

NO! Instead of a plan, the genasi just threw caution to the wind and rushed the pirate captain, who threw out my lady with a cut on her throat. Fortunately the genasi caught her and use some kind of magic on her, and Fallen Dragon went to the rescue as well, with me simply frozen in place, witnessing the scene fall back into chaos: The pirate getting chased out to the entrance only for his head to come rolling down in that spot by Tarina's feet. Fortunately they didn't ALL have to die, the two I put to sleep managed to survive. One of them sneaked out, no longer a threat (hopefully they wouldn't mind me turning a blind eye to it, there was enough blood shed already, wasn't there?), while the other's begging for mercy was being granted right now, should he comply with Fallen Dragon's request.

Amidst all this the patrons slowly made their way back to the tavern and the bouncers dragged out the corpses and threw them out somewhere. My hand had to press against my mouth against the sight until my brain managed to recall I had the option of just closing my eyes. I had to pay attention again when Tarina began speaking though, after all it was the whole reason we came here in the first place. Slowly, I looked again... and saw lady Vannath, good as new though still unconscious on the ground, and near her Tarina with an empty bottle of something I vaguely recognized: It was probably a healing potion!

Weren't those, like, super expensive?! It only piled on to my confusion, and what little remained of my attention was focused on trying to grasp the details of what she was telling us: There was a bathhouse with a secret passage to a dungeon, and within it, the cult of the Dead Tree and the killers we came for. A dungeon... a pretty dangerous place.... with killers on top of it. Weren't those places filled with monsters and traps? How were they living there? Maybe they already killed everything in the dungeon? But if they did, what chance did WE stand against them?

Breaking me out of my stupor, Grond approached me. I blinked and look at him, then shook my head.

"No, I'm not injured... My spells weren't really anything great, it was just failure after failure, I couldn't even protect..." My eyes widened and noticed Fallen Dragon going off to the side. "LADY VANNATH!"

I rushed as fast I could to her side, placing a hand on her body and attempting to pat it to check for any lingering injuries. Her body seemed pristine from a distance, but was she really all ok, especially her neck, was there anything there, any lingering mark, a scar, anything?

"Lady Vannath..." What did I even want to say? The words didn't form in my mouth, how could they if they wouldn't even form in my head?

Ah my glasses were getting foggy, but why was it raining on Lady Vannath?

okada-manabi-shingeki-no-bahamut-anime-inumimi-3404461-jpeg.790124

Proficiency Bonus: +2
    Hit Points: 9/9
    Hit Dice: 1d8
    Armor Class: 14
    Initiative: +3
    Speed: 30 ft
    Passive Perception: 9
    Spellcasting Ability: Cha
    Spellsave DC: 15
    Spell Attack Bonus: +7

Bardic Inspirations: 5/5

Spells
Cantrips: (2)
*Guidance
*Mending

First Level: (4)
*Command
*Cure Wounds
*Sleep
*Speak With Animals [Ritual]

Items
Equipped:
*Rapier
*Wolf Pelts Leather Armor
*Sack x5
*Common Clothes
*Glasses

Currency:
0 PP
15 GP
37 SP
147 CP

Carrying:
*Calligrapher's Supplies (magical focus, has an effect which magically produces paper)
*Forgery Kit
*Disguise Kit
*Dagger x3
*Ink Pen x5
*Bottle of Ink
*Academy Uniform Robes
*Rations (7 days)
*Glasses
*Chalk x3
*Blanket
*Small Knife
*Candles x10
*Tinder Box
*Rope (silk)
*Mess Kit
*Ladder (10 ft)
*Piton x3
*Parchment x10
*Hammer
*Tumbling Tales of Tom Tomb (book)
*Diary of a Princess (book)
*Practical Analysis of Arcane Script Pt1 (book)

Skills
Saving Throws:
Strength: 0
Dexterity: +5
Constitution: +1
Intelligence: +3
Wisdom: -1
Charisma: +7

Skills:
Acrobatics: +3
Animal Handling: -1
Arcana: +5
Athletics: 0
Deception: +7
History: +3
Insight: -1
Intimidation: +5
Investigation: +5
Medicine: +1
Nature: +3
Perception: +1
Performance: +5
Persuasion: +9
Religion: +3
Sleight of Hand: +3
Stealth: +3
Survival: -1

Passives

Researcher- When you attempt to learn or recall a piece of lore, if you do not know that information, you often know where and from whom you can obtain it. Usually, this information comes from a library, scriptorium, university, or a sage or other learned person or creature. Your DM might rule that the knowledge you seek is secreted away in an almost inaccessible place, or that it simply cannot be found. Unearthing the deepest secrets of the multiverse can require an adventure or even a whole campaign.

Diplomat- If you spend 1 minute talking to someone who can understand what you say, you can make a Charisma (Persuasion) check contested by the creature’s Wisdom (Insight) check. If you or your companions are fighting the creature, your check automatically fails. If your check succeeds, the target is charmed by you as long as it remains within 60 feet of you and for 1 minute thereafter.

(Deception Check, 18)

Interacting With: Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Sherwood Sherwood
Mentions: D. Rex D. Rex BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 (Tanira and others) Lioness075 Lioness075

Might Also Want To Read: N/A

"Thank you. For your help and concern. It would have a tight fight if you hadn't stepped in. I appreciate it." He reached into his robes, and pulled out the coin purse he had taken from the Captains corpse and pushed it into the tieflings hands.
With a nod, Axtis takes the purse from Dragon and slips it into one of her pockets. In a quiet voice that is just between the two of them, she says, "You are welcome. We are supposed to be working together in this. It would be bad for my reputation to let one of you die so quickly into the hunt for these cultists."

In a louder voice, she says, "We have a lead on our quarry, but it is late. Is the plan for us to head straight there tonight, or do we have some time to get a bit of rest and set out early in the morning? I would suggest we get some down time, give you a chance to get that leg looked at, and regroup here in the morning, say, at dawn?"

N i m a

Nima seemed hesitant. She shook her head, looking at the ground while he spoke until she felt him squeeze her hands. She looked up with genuinely compassionate eyes. She really was trying to put herself in his shoes, but she'd never really known any true family. What she did know was this city, and him. And that he really didn't fit in within this city.

She pulled out her holy symbol and held it in between her and Pelor's hand, looking down at them. "Things are going to change... No matter how I try, I... have no choice but to get involved now. And I want to be prepared" Her hand trembled a little as she held his. "Do the gods have forgiveness for those who... go a different path? Find a different god? I remember the stories you've told me of the other gods, and I feel like... I could benefit from another's guidance in the days or weeks to come..."

She gave a curious and helpless look up at him, finally allowing herself to be more vulnerable after this day. It was funny how such a scrawny man made her feel so incredibly safe.

"Pel, sweetie..." she started, sighing again. A longer silence followed as she clutched her holy symbol. She wasn't sure what to say, there were so many things to talk about and discuss and plan. "I... will need to go away for a while too" she admitted. It felt good to finally be able to talk to him again, after such a long time of emotional distance. "The Flaming Fist has called me into service and we're after the Cult too. I... can try to understand your point of view, but... please stop pursuing this. Me and the others will take care of it, alright? Please don't make me go out thinking you might be getting stabbed or taken any time of the day. I couldn't bear the thought of..."

Her lip visibly trembled, and she wrapped her arms around him, resting her head on his chest. A short silence followed, until she broke it with a careful whisper. "If you insist on going alone anyway, I can't have you coming back home to me like this again..."

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2

Updates Rolls
    none
    Other actions
    none

D. Rex D. Rex dr xenon dr xenon

The pirate nodded frantically at Dragon and Hafdan. "Yeah, I can convince them! Let me go and I'll be sure they do what you want!" Though he had been lifted to his feet moments before, he collapsed to his knees yet again. "Right proper army at your beck and call, sirs!" Desperation flooded his expression.

Idea Idea

Most of the wounds had healed over magically, but the initial slash that had knocked Vannath unconscious already showed signs that it would scar. The wound ran across the side of her neck down her back very slightly. An adventurer's mark over the otherwise supernaturally perfect Elf's skin. Her breathing was ragged nevertheless, though likely more from the strain the injuries and magical healing had placed on her body. Normally magical healing would wake someone up when knocked unconscious in this way, but Guin seemed thoroughly knocked out.

EccentricFantasy EccentricFantasy

Life's weights seemed all the heavier as the armor came off. The reliquary sat on the floor, a taunting reminder of your past.

Ellya Ellya

The initial question about gods brought a confused and even concerned look to the forefront of his expression. "I mean, it depends on the god. Some would, some wouldn't. Are you okay? Did something other than this happen?" His thumb grazed lightly over the back of Nima's hand. "I'm happy to help however I can." Then came the suggestion that she would take care of the problem for him, or at least try. Pelor's lips pursed tightly at that. It was written pretty plainly across his face that that wasn't his favorite idea. When she got all that much closer to tears and then leaned into a hug, he tensed very briefly before almost physically seeming to relent, wrapping his arms around her in turn. "Well... Alright. Fine. I won't go to the bathhouse. I will do my best to stay out of trouble, though I can't promise I'll drop looking for them entirely." Shifting his weight slightly, he continued. "But I'll talk to you about anything before I do it, and if you really don't want me to, I won't. Just... please, if you can, find out what's happened to them."

It seemed to be the earnest truth; Nima's fine tuned senses, especially with someone as familiar as Pelor, were unable to detect any hint of deceit in his voice. Pulling away slightly, the man tried to gently lead her by the arm. "Now c'mon, you're anger-smithing. I'm exhausted, and my side hurts. Let's go to bed, yeah?"

If she didn't fight it, they would spend a restful night together. Otherwise, he'd stay awake with her in the forge before eventually passing out.​

After making sure that Inula was ok, Grond makes his way over towards Fallen Dragon and Axtis. Upon hearing the suggestion from the Tiefling to come back tomorrow, he shrugs in acceptance. "I have no objection to coming back here at dawn. Might give me time to sharpen my blade a bit more. I'm sure it will find its own share of use before too long. Besides, I need some time to get my lightning breath back once I've used it. A bit of a rest will do that just fine."

• Inula Mallian
    Lvl 1 Dogfolk Bard

Poor lady Vannath. After being drafted despite being a Patriar, she was told to gather information from alongside some rude people, then was betrayed by one of her own employees and now this... I looked at my paws. Why? Why couldn't I fix it? Healing potions really were amazing, they could do so much more than me, and yet still she laid there, scarred for life. I cleaned the tears from my eyes and muttered:

"I'm sorry lady Vannath."

I looked up. After I left him, Grond had went to talk with the two that actually the did the work as he did. To be fair, that genasi had done some work too, I suppose. And of course, lady Vannath herself.

She was still down, and Fallen Dragon and the others with him seemed to be busy intimidating a pirate and strategizing. My best bet would be to find someone else... I scanned the room for people who could help, but after what just happened and everyone's calm, I wasn't sure if I could get any of them to care, not until I spotted this one tabaxi by the entrance. Her hands were bloodied, and furthermore though it was vague and barely registered, I did seem to somewhat recall her being by the genasi's side earlier. Did I simply not notice before? She seemed almost like a common passerby, and barely called any attention to herself. Even in this situation, bloodied hands didn't stand out so much... Nonetheless, it wasn't hard to tell she probably helped us out earlier.

I gulped, then stood up. I was probably about to do something very stupid, wasn't I? It wasn't like I had much strength to contribute, and that tabaxi seemed pretty short and skinny as well, but perhaps if we worked together, we could bring lady Vannath to a better place to rest. I searched my purse for the magical tools again, and removed a couple more sheets of paper. After that, I headed to the bar and requested some water in a pitcher from the barkeep, which I brought with me as I walked towards the tabaxi. I stood in front them and lowered the couple of paper sheets practically in their face while carefully putting down the water next to them.

"You should probably clean your hands. You helped us out back there, right?" I smiled at her and backed off a little. I was already pretty in her personal space, and that wasn't good if I wanted to ask a favor, was it? I gave them some time to get clean, or as clean as they could with the tools at hand, and twiddled my thumbs a bit. Then, I put a paw on the ground and looked them dead in the eyes. "Uhm, uhm, I wanted to ask something! C-could I ask for a favor? No, wait, I guess, I should ask, what's your name? Yeah, that's more polite, isn't it? Uhm... Ah, yes, the favor, yes..."

I pointed towards lady Vannath.

"I was hoping you could help me bring her to a room? If that's alright."

Spells
*Guidance
*Mending

*Command
*Cure Wounds
*Sleep

Items
Equipped:
*Rapier
*Sack x5
*Common Clothes
*Glasses

Currency:
0 PP
15 GP
37 SP
146 CP

Carrying:
*Calligrapher's Supplies (magical focus, has an effect which magically produces paper)
*Forgery Kit
*Disguise Kit
*Dagger x3
*Ink Pen x5
*Bottle of Ink
*Academy Uniform Robes
*Rations (7 days)
*Glasses
*Chalk x3
*Blanket
*Small Knife
*Candles x10
*Tinder Box
*Rope (silk)
*Mess Kit
*Ladder (10 ft)
*Piton x3
*Parchment x10
*Hammer

Skills
Saving Throws:

Skills:

Passives

Researcher- When you attempt to learn or recall a piece of lore, if you do not know that information, you often know where and from whom you can obtain it. Usually, this information comes from a library, scriptorium, university, or a sage or other learned person or creature. Your DM might rule that the knowledge you seek is secreted away in an almost inaccessible place, or that it simply cannot be found. Unearthing the deepest secrets of the multiverse can require an adventure or even a whole campaign.

Diplomat- If you spend 1 minute talking to someone who can understand what you say, you can make a Charisma (Persuasion) check contested by the creature’s Wisdom (Insight) check. If you or your companions are fighting the creature, your check automatically fails. If your check succeeds, the target is charmed by you as long as it remains within 60 feet of you and for 1 minute thereafter.

(bought water pitcher for 1 copper piece)

Interacting With: Lioness075 Lioness075

Mentions: Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide D. Rex D. Rex Sherwood Sherwood Ellya Ellya Psychie Psychie dr xenon dr xenon

Leandra.jpg
Name: Larassa LaFraeNicknames: Lara, Shadow
Class: RogueLevel: 1
Equipment: Shortbow & Arrows (18/20), Shortsword, 2x Daggers, Leather Armor (AC 16)

Larassa had continued to aimlessly rub at the blood coating the fur on her hands, her mind ringing with white noise as she struggled to maintain her cool. She distantly heard someone mention meeting here at dawn tomorrow and then the rest of the nearby conversation was drowned out by the gasps of those she had killed. To most, killing only two people would not be such a big deal. But to someone who had never killed before and had never desired to do so, it was overwhelming.

Her panicked breaths were cut short when her ears naturally flicked to the side and picked up on someone approaching her. Larassa closed her eyes and froze, willing herself to breathe normally once more.
When she opened her eyes, Inula was standing in front of her and set down a water pitcher with some sheets of paper. Larassa blinked in confusion for a moment before she realized the sheets of paper were meant to be dipped in the water to aid in cleaning her hands.
Larassa felt her eyes stray from the materials given to her over to Inula's paws, curiosity piquing at the sight. She had never seen a humanoid being with actual paws for hands. Even though Larassa herself had a very animalistic appearance, her hands were merely covered in fur, longer than the average person's hands, and she had claws in place of fingernails. For a moment, Larassa lifted one of her hands up to look at her palm in comparison to Inula's paws, but her trance was broken by the sight of blood.

Dropping her hand back into her lap, Larassa sighed and then her ears flicked forward when Inula suddenly shifted from helping her to putting her paw on the floor and rather anxiously requesting Larassa's assistance. Instinctively, Larassa felt her own anxiety about Inula seeing her face and scar, so she turned to the side and began hastily attempting to clean her hands with the provided water and paper. It was not the neatest attempt, but Larassa paused when Inula asked for her name. Uncertainty flickered across her face a for a moment and then Larassa quietly continued cleaning her hands in vain.

Inula spoke again then and Larassa finally glanced back her way to see her pointing at the fallen patriar nearby. Since Larassa had spent most of her time hiding out back in wait for the pirates, she had failed to witness or even hear Guinevere's interaction. Bearing no opinion about the elf, Larassa looked down at the floor to avoid meeting Inula's gaze before she promptly nodded in response.

A moment passed in silence before Larassa shifted to the side once more and continued to try to clean her hands. Despite her best attempt with what was provided, flecks of blood seemed stuck in her fur. Frustrated, Larassa began scratching at the flecks with her claws. A few flecks came off, but some were persistent and Larassa became borderline frantic in her attempts to scratch them out. She hissed in frustration and pain when one of her claws dug too deeply and tiny cut appeared in the back of her hand. She glared at it as the faintest amount of blood welled up from it.

Interactions: Idea Idea (Inula)
Mentions: Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide (Guinevere), Psychie Psychie (Axtis)
Nearby: dr xenon dr xenon (Hafdan), D. Rex D. Rex (Fallen Dragon), Sherwood Sherwood (Grond)

dr xenon dr xenon BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2

Dragon nodded at the dwarf and undid the pirates bindings. "I expect to see all of you early and obedient. And if don't see you... anybody even suspected as associating with you lot ever caught in Fist territory will hung out alive as food for the ravens and rats." With that last reminder, he pushed the man out towards the door.

With a nod, Axtis takes the purse from Dragon and slips it into one of her pockets. In a quiet voice that is just between the two of them, she says, "You are welcome. We are supposed to be working together in this. It would be bad for my reputation to let one of you die so quickly into the hunt for these cultists."

In a louder voice, she says, "We have a lead on our quarry, but it is late. Is the plan for us to head straight there tonight, or do we have some time to get a bit of rest and set out early in the morning? I would suggest we get some down time, give you a chance to get that leg looked at, and regroup here in the morning, say, at dawn?"

He gave her a nod at her quiet advice. He could go along with at least that much.

"I agree. And as the dragonborn suggests, we can meet up here. A good a place as any."

Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Idea Idea Lioness075 Lioness075
Fallen Dragon turned to regard Inula. "Well come on. Bring the Lady, id rather not have to carry her myself after the stunt she pulled." And he'd rather not have his hands full if he needed to protect her on the way home.

He looked over to the other Tabaxi. "And if your friend is that self conscious about blood on her fur, you can see she gets a bath before you send her on her way. Now be quick about it. Let's go."

Fallen Dragon turned to leave the tavern. Waiting by the door for Inula and Lara to bring Guin. And then to head to the Vanaath Manor.

With the meeting tomorrow at dawn agreed upon, Grond says, "I have business to attend to this evening, but I will be back here at sunrise as discussed. If there is nothing else, I will take my leave." He gives a nod, then turns on his heel to head out.

Hafdan charsheet
Dwarf Fighter - Axe & Shield
HP: (14) 13
AC: 16/18
Passives:
  • Perception/WIS: 12
  • Investigation/INT: 9
  • Insight/WIS: 14
Battleaxe: +6, 1d8+4/1d10+4
Handaxe 20/60, +6/+5 1d6+4

"At dawn, right. See you then," Hafdan acknowledges as the party breaks up. It doesn't give him a lot of time before he needs to turn in and get some rest. His shoulder felt like someone had smacked him with a cobblestone in the back and he'd like to sleep off the feeling. He grunted when he realized that someone was him. He shrugged as if to say What you going to do?

Then grimaced in pain.

"Right then, Danno," he muttered to himself as he fell into a copper's stride down the street - head on a swivel, boots clomping down nice and loud to send a message to professional criminals, far enough away from the doorways and alleyways that no one could nab him without him seeing it coming. "What have we got to do before sunrise then? Off to the guard post and send a note up to Zodge? Probably don't want to hear from us until the deed is done. You kids leave that alone! I know yer mother Grondel! She'll take yer hide off! But I do need to find out where the ones who left early are staying - maybe ask around a bit and find that out? Send runners to let them know the plan? Yeh, that might do. It's their fat in the fire if they don't show, but that swampy cleric looked like she knew what she was doing. Did she mention her name? I'll have to think back on that. That Ja'Ruul - I don't know about him - seems the murderous type - you'll have to keep your eye on him, Danno. Can't have Missus Knapper's middle son planted before his time."

His footsteps intended to take him several blocks northwest of the tavern and he meandered like a guardsmen on no special assignment, maybe looking like he was shirking duty or avoiding rougher parts of the city, as he tried to pass by a certain bathhouse with a walled garden and frolicking nymphs carved into its front gates. They, his feet, didn't intend to let him stay too long, or even try to appear overly interested. His feet just wanted to know how to get there in the morning, and maybe give his eyes a chance to see something as they moved past with the rest of his body.

Then he intended to make his way to the guardhouse.

Axtis nods. "Very well. I will see everyone in the morning. 'Till then." She turns and heads outside, taking a deep breath of the night air. Dawn will be coming very early, and she needs to get some sleep. With that in mind, she heads at a brisk walk to the small flat that she lives at, enjoys a bottle of beer, then settles in and gets ready for bed.

((Pending continued conversations/checks from a couple people, don't want anyone to think they're being ignored.))

Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood

The two of you split off and tend to personal affairs before eventually finding sleep. The night was short, but restful. At least, as restful as could be expected for either of them.

Dethrix Dethrix

It was in the setting sun that you found yourself brought before Zodge. Your arrival seemed to come just after a battle of some kind, though further inspection revealed it to have been little more than a string of violent beatings. Several Baldurians lied motionless, badly bludgeoned by the clubs of nearby Flaming Fist soldiers, the worst off of who was nursing a bloody nose. Unlike the party that encountered him earlier, Zodge was in a more collected state, having donned the signature shining armor of the Flaming Fist.

Still, his eyepatch, rugged beard and unkempt hair belied a rougher man than many a Flaming Fist captain. It was no secret to the attentive, as you were, even in your brief observations since that Zodge had aspirations to fill Ravengard's place as Marshal of the Flaming Fist. Of call the captains currently in town, he was fast on his way to doing so, as well, if only comparatively. Compared to certain parts of Baldur's Gate itself, Zodge's areas were largely quiet, if only for the man's swift and violent methods of suppressing dissent.

Turning to face you, sword tucked under one arm, the soldier frowned up at you slightly, him being just barely shorter than yourself. "Hells, another adventurer. Right. You're the godsdamned third time I've had to do this today, so let's get right to it, yes?" With an almost bored look, Zodge pulled the deputy badge of the Flaming Fist from his pack and offered it to you. "Welcome to the Flaming Fist, deputy. Cultists of the Dead Three killing civilians. Need them destroyed. Sent another group to Elfsong to ask about leads, you'll probably want to find them if they didn't get themselves killed." Rolling his shoulders idly, Zodge continued. "Difficult to miss. A tabaxi, some half-blood genasi freak, real tall dragonborn."

Despite the rather curt and hurried explanation, Zodge seemed quite done. "Questions? Quickly."

Tialaas Kalot

Wood Half-Elf

Level 2 Blood Hunter

AC 15

HP 18/18

Walk 35 ft.

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2
STR 16 (+3) DEX 16 (+3) CON 13 (+1) INT 19 (+4) WIS 11 (+0) CHA 10 (+0)

Tialaas regarded the Captain coldly as he slid a silvered coin through the openings between his gloved fingers. His eyes narrowed and his lips became pursed when the man cursed. In times like these, the last thing he wanted was more filth turning the air foul. And yet, here it was coming from the commander's lips. If it wasn't for his rank and Tialaas's considerable disadvantage in the situation, he might've made such thoughts public.
Nonetheless, he listened on to what the Captain had to say. As Zodge spoke, Kal took in the details and sorted through them in his mind with each addition, actively searching for any connections that might prove useful. As he soaked in the information, he passively looked over the scene around them both. The cobblestone streets almost seemed to be lit aflame from the setting glow of the sun that illuminated the spilled blood in a morbidly fascinating display. It was enough to draw his attention, but it stoked little concern. The Flaming Fist had been a destructive force ever since he'd ventured into the forsaken town, only escalating due to the tensions growing within the kingdom. But it was these tactics after all that would lead to Zodge's elevation within the city, so once again Tialaas put aside his disgust and listened.
After a moment, he took the badge and pocketed it within the folds of his layered clothing. He nodded singularly once the man was finished, and collected his thoughts before he chose to speak.
"You spoke of Half-Blood Genasi, would this individual happen to be the blacksmith known as Nima?" He questioned quickly, his own tone being sharp and precise. It was clear he had no intention of staying in the area for longer than he had too, but his stoicism betrayed no greater emotion beyond limited annoyance.
"What's more, I'm assuming this deputizing task has some form of payout, no?" Tialaas quickly added, though his intentions weren't based around income so much as they were about why he'd be so inclined to undertake the job in the first place. Regardless, his voice stayed even and transactional, just as he had been trained.

c o d e b y t r i p l e s

Last edited:
Dethrix Dethrix

The first question from the half-elf adventurer drew a suspicious side-eye from the visibly exhausted Zodge. The man's one piercing eye seemed to search Tialaas's face for some sort of malice. Eventually, it seemed less that he became satisfied the half-elf wasn't going to do anything and more that he decided he didn't care. "Yes, one of your fellow soldiers on this case is a blacksmith named Nima. I trust that will not get in the way of your objective." Still, there was a certain warning to Zodge's tone.

The second question actually called up a slight smirk. "Yes, as a reward for dutiful service as part of your mandatory conscription to the Flaming Fist and Baldur's Gate as a whole, I am willing to pay you two hundred gold pieces upon the Cult's destruction." As though to accentuate his point, Zodge tapped his rather full bag. Laden with things taken from beaten or dead 'rioters,' no doubt. While the captain himself wasn't entirely a malicious man, that didn't mean he was one to pass up on basically free money either. "You will also receive my gratitude, which will very soon be worth immeasurably more."

Even throughout their so far brief conversation, the not-too-distant sounds of violence could be heard. The Lower city was on the verge of anarchy in more than one section, and had showed no sign of slowing down. The sheer number of Flaming Fist boots on the ground within Baldur's Gates walls was entirely unprecedented, and even then they were stretched quite thin.​

Tialaas Kalot

Wood Half-Elf

Level 2 Blood Hunter

AC 15

HP 18/18

Walk 35 ft.

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2

Tialaas kept his gaze steady and locked onto the Captain as the man evaluated him. He watched similarly to perceive if Zodge would present himself as an obstacle or as an asset, but like many things he found the answer wasn't that simple. It didn't matter either way when the commander produced confirmation of his speculations, as at that point the hesitation had led him to believe it was her after all. It would make things easier for his investigative pursuits, as he now knew where she would be instead of lagging behind.
See, most people were rooted in the misconception that hunting consisted of stalking one's prey until presented with the proper scenario, and while such a method was viable, it was also tiring and bore little fruit. A good hunter acted preemptively after learning of their target's habits, appearing where their quarry was known to venture instead of aimlessly chasing. By gaining this knowledge, he no longer had to dig up information behind the woman and her smithing habits.
With strategies being spun throughout his mind like a spider with a web, Tialaas clung to a minor detail the Captain had thrown into his ending statement. While payment was always something a proper follower of Hoar appreciated, such settlements didn't always come in the form of gold or silver.
"Gratitude weighs heavier on the scale of worth than any gemstone or coin, Captain Zodge." Kal noted, his tone cutting like an arrow through the wind. His eyes now regarded the man momentarily in a different light, as if measuring him from afar.
"Keep my pieces, instead remember my dutiful service when I require a favor or two." He wagered, his words being simple but highly charged. Debt through action was far more valuable than gold, as Tialaas lived by aiding others and collecting payment through lodging or fresh foods. He existed through his deeds... Not to mention, he wouldn't be taking wrongfully obtained currency from those so painfully beaten.

Last edited:

N i m a

Nima sighed quietly and nodded, leaning her head on the man's shoulder still. "It's nothing... I just met some new people and... saved the life of one who probably didn't deserve it..."

She heard the rest of his explanation and his promises, and closed her eyes while he talked. She so desperately wanted to believe him, and there were no signs that he was lying to her, but then again he had just spent more than week deceiving her and running off without a word. She just couldn't be sure, but his word was all she could take. "Okay..." she muttered softly. "You go ahead... I'll finish up what I was doing and cool down the forge... Don't forget to grab our healing potion for that wound, okay? I'll take better care of it in the morning" She gave Pelor a quick kiss, holding on to him a little longer to look him in the eyes. She only gave a little smile, then gently pushed him away toward the house again.

After that, Nima did in fact take just a few more minutes to finish some etchings into the broadsword, then cooling the weapon a barrel of water and leaving it there as she worked on getting the forge to cool down. She opened the large gate that secluded her from the outside world and was usually open during the day, just to let some of the heat out. The city was more quiet and the night sky looked peaceful, but in the distance she still heard the rabble of an angry mob. The Genasi continued to clean up some more things in the workshop, feeling exhausted and fully intending to get a good night's rest once she was done.

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2

Updates Rolls
    none
    Other actions
    none

Last edited:
Dethrix Dethrix

Zodge stared back at the half-elf in that same distrustful silence as before. And, as before, it seemed like he just reached a point where he didn't care all that much what the man exactly meant. "Quite. Suit yourself. Now, unless there's anything else, I am a busy man with a busier night ahead of me." Without really waiting for a response, Zodge turned and began to address his comrades, almost seeming to ignore the Blood Hunter's presence. Maybe his attention could be gotten back, but, as it stood, the captain pretty plainly considered this conversation over.​

Tialaas Kalot

Wood Half-Elf

Level 2 Blood Hunter

AC 15

HP 18/18

Walk 35 ft.

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2

Correspondingly, Tialaas moved away from the Basilisk Gate as soon as he got the chance. Stopping only when he was out of eyesight of the Flaming Fist Soldiers to clutch the coin he'd toyed with earlier in order to send a small prayer to his deity for the deserved vengeance of those that had been brutally beaten. Once finished, he made his way to nearby home of a small family, one he'd aided earlier in the year, in order to cash in the favor of a place to rest his head. He'd wait until the morning to travel to the tavern.

Last edited:
Ellya Ellya

With an "I love you," Pelor left you to finish your work, and would be waiting for you. Fortunately, the only healing potion you had made short work of his wound, though it left a fairly red and fresh scar behind. Intentionally or not, maybe because he just didn't realize, it was an immediately life threatening injury that could have killed him if left alone. Frankly, you'd never really known him to do well with violence or blood, after all.

By the time you got upstairs later that night, he was very much asleep. A bit of color had returned to his face, at least.​

• Inula Mallian
    Lvl 1 Dogfolk Bard

At first, instead of telling me her name, the Tabaxi looked away. I suppose I was probably just a stranger to her after all, if she helped us it was nothing more than a coincidence. I lived in this city my whole life, even I knew that sometimes you just get caught up in someone else's fight. If that was what happened, then I had no place sitting here asking for favors. Even so though, she nodded, and my smile grew wider.

"Thank you very much! Hey won't you tell me your name after all? If you'd like to keep it a secret it's fine too I suppose, but it might make it harder to thank you later. Oh, I'm Inula by the way. Just, just Inula." The tabaxi girl was preoccupied with something else at the moment, however, as she seemed pretty intent on cleaning out the blood. Indeed, it wouldn't do to have her carry lady Vannath in that state. That said, the way she was rubbing it, she seemed to be getting frustrated, and with those claws, wasn't she going to- "Hey! Are you alright? You're bleeding!"

Now the remaining blood on her paws was mixed in with some of the Tabaxi's own. I scavenged one of my sacks for my rope, though I was interrupted by Fallen Dragon who passed by us. Did he want to take lady Vannath instead? No it didn't seem like it. To make that suggestion, though....

"You know I wouldn't dare, Fallen Dragon! Please don't suggest I would use Lady Vannath's property without her permission, like some goblin in the meadows!" I gave him a hard glare, before I sighed and reached for a dagger I had hidden under the pelts I was wearing. I carefully inserted it between some gaps of the rope in order to unravel the twisted silk somewhat and make it easier to cut off a small segment. Rope or not, silk was still silk, and so I unfolded the small piece I cut and reached out a hand to the tabaxi. "Come on, lend me your hand. The one that's got a cut."

If she would give her hand, I would attempt to tie the silk like a bandage around the cut, along with any other short first aid I could recall from my studies back at the academy. Probably not the best way I could possibly go about doing this, but I was not a doctor, I wasn't even a wizard. Speaking of the academy though, that was also a solution, albeit temporarily. I reached into yet another sack and rummaged through those old clothes within, until I found a pair of simple gloves each with a half of the academy symbol on them. They were somewhat ragged and looking at the little tabaxi's paws most likely a bit baggy for her, but I generally kept them as well kept as I could and the purpose today wasn't the kind that baggy gloves would get in the way of, probably.

"Here, wear these if you don't think you can get off the blood. After we take lady Vannath home we can wait until she wakes up and asks for a basin with some water to get you properly cleaned up. How does that sound? Maybe she'll even let you use the bath! Well, her family might be harder to get approval from though..." I smiled nervously, and finally got up. Should I take the head and shoulders or the legs? The tabaxi had just cut herself on her own paws come to think of it, and even with my gloves there was still a chance blood would spill out depending on how fresh it was. Between the two options, not risking doing anything worse to my benefactor's face was the best option. I headed to lady Vannath's side and crotched down near her head. "I'll take the upper part, you take the legs. Does that sound good to you?"

Spells
*Guidance
*Mending

*Command
*Cure Wounds
*Sleep

Items
Equipped:
*Rapier
*Sack x5
*Common Clothes
*Glasses

Currency:
0 PP
15 GP
37 SP
147 CP

Carrying:
*Forgery Kit
*Disguise Kit
*Dagger x3
*Ink Pen x5
*Bottle of Ink
*Academy Uniform Robes
*Rations (7 days)
*Glasses
*Chalk x3
*Blanket
*Small Knife
*Candles x10
*Tinder Box
*Rope (silk)
*Mess Kit
*Ladder (10 ft)
*Piton x3
*Parchment x10
*Hammer

Skills
Saving Throws:

Skills:

Passives

(Medicine Check?)

Interacting With: D. Rex D. Rex Lioness075 Lioness075

Mentions: Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide

Leandra.jpg
Name: Larassa LaFraeNicknames: Lara, Shadow
Class: RogueLevel: 1
Equipment: Shortbow & Arrows (18/20), Shortsword, 2x Daggers, Leather Armor (AC 16)

Larassa made no move to reply to the second inquiry about her name, but took note of Inula's name. She was rather tempted to test saying it out loud because the sound in her head sounded like it would roll off her tongue so smoothly. But she resisted the urge, instead opting to wait until she was alone once more. Only then did it finally click in her head that Inula wanted to thank her later and this left Larassa perplexed.

Then her hand was bleeding and this seemed to surprise Inula greatly. Larassa was already past the initial pain of the small cut and was more annoyed now that her own blood was getting into her fur.
Larassa continued to glare down at the fresh blood, as the other Tabaxi walked up to join them. Since the moment of chaos had concluded, Larassa finally took the moment to really look at him and she instinctively felt a need to shrink back from his imposing figure. Being as small as she was, Larassa was not entirely keen on people towering over her in general. Even more so when they spoke in such an uncaring way.
Looking back down at the floor, Larassa caught sight of Inula gathering some things and listened to her respond to the other Tabaxi. Despite his cold nature, Inula seemed to not care in the slightest and still spoke to him as if they were, maybe, good acquaintances. She had to wonder what their connection exactly was.
The Tabaxi did not seem to care that the two smallest persons of the group were going to have to try to carry Guinevere home. Larassa could only hope their home was not far from here.
Yet, the mention of a possible bath being available to her made Larassa crinkle her nose. She had made due without a proper bath for years, so she did not entirely see the point of doing one now. Yet, she relaxed at the thought of being able to properly get all of the blood off of her. If all she got out of this was a proper bath for once, she could not complain.

When Inula offered to actually put a small bandage of sorts over her cut, Larassa was slow to move her own hand. Mostly because she was confused as to why such a small cut warranted that kind of attention. Still, Larassa would not refuse free aid and Inula had made it clear that it was merely in her nature to want to assist people. It was a new and refreshing experience to Larassa, as growing up in Baldur's Gate had taught her to expect nothing from everyone.
Amazed that Inula would assist a complete stranger like this, Larassa finally moved her hand towards her, allowing her to apply the bandage. When Inula was done, Larassa pulled her hand back to herself and curiously looked over the bandage, turning her hand this way and that.

It was then that it finally clicked in Larassa's head that Inula had called the Tabaxi, Fallen Dragon. Her left ear twitched at this, as she wondered what kind of weird name that was. Still, at least she had more names to put to faces.
Fallen Dragon walked away, seemingly just waiting on the pair to hurry up now. Larassa sighed at this and was about to stand up when Inula produced a pair of gloves that had some symbol on them that Larassa did not recognize. She tilted her head to the side at the sight of them until Inula said that Larassa could wear them. Deciding it was probably for the best to minimize the sight of blood on herself if she were truly going to this elf's home, Larassa took the gloves and put them on. Sure enough, they were a bit too big, but Larassa curled her fingers to keep them from sliding off. She would wear them for now.

At the mention of waiting at the elf's home until she awoke, Larassa's ears flicked at Inula and she blinked a few times, still staring down at the floor. Was that truly an offer to stay in someone's home? Did her ears deceive her?
But then Inula went on to mention waiting for a basin to bathe in. Or was a basin different from a bath? Larassa did not know.
Even if the offer did not extend to staying there for the night, the mere fact that a bath was truly being offered was beyond comprehension for her. She did understand how Inula could be so forthcoming with such offers. Had she lived in Baldur's Gate for long? The way she acted suggested she had not.

Inula rose from where she had plopped down and moved over to the elf's body, preparing to lift her. Sighing, Larassa rose from her chair and moved to the elf's legs, not entirely caring which side she lifted anyways. Just before they lifted though, Larassa mindfully recalled that she was not the strongest person around and wondered if she would even be capable of carrying this elf for a long distance. Or even a short distance.

Strength Roll?

Interactions: Idea Idea (Inula), D. Rex D. Rex (Fallen Dragon), Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide (Guinevere)
Mentions: N/A
Nearby: N/A

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back