• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

• fe1fc8bc635f1d4c8cb5daead7293397.png
    N i m a
    Water Genasi - Level 1 Cleric - AC 18 - HP 12/12 - Walk 30 ft - Swim 30 ft
    STR 13 (+1) DEX 8 (-1) CON 18 (+4) INT 15 (+2) WIS* 19 (+4) CHA *11 (+0)

The moment Nima walked in with the rest and saw the young girl eagerly rushing forward to speak to the first person she saw, she strode forward and grabbed her arm, yanking her back with a look of confusion and frustration.

"What do you think you're doing?" she hissed at the girl, still holding on to her arm. 'This isn't a place for someone so young! These people will rob and kill you where you stand, girl..." Only then did she let go of Iluna's arm.

The Tabaxi then spoke up and suggested plans for everyone. With a stoic stare, Nima nodded. "You stay close the the tabaxi, girl. Do not go wandering off if you want to live." The Genasi looked at the girl for a few more seconds, then shook her head and walked back to the front door, staying inside but grabbing a chair and sitting right beside it, keeping a careful eye on everything happening within the tavern. Maybe this job would be pretty easy after all.

Idea Idea dr xenon dr xenon D. Rex D. Rex

Last edited:
Leandra.jpg
Name: Larassa LaFraeNicknames: Lara, Shadow
Class: RogueLevel: 1
Equipment: Shortbow & Arrows (20/20), Shortsword, 2x Daggers, Leather Armor (AC 16)

As they made their way through the city, Larassa glared at anyone even thinking twice of approaching their party. Though, her hood was low over her face and everyone undoubtedly overlooked her glare anyways.
Admittedly, Larassa had looked each party member up and down along the way, sizing up their fighting capabilities from appearance alone and then considering how much coin they may currently have on them. Though, as it were, this was far too obvious of a place to even try anything and so she kept her sticky fingers to herself. Now was likely not the time for such antics.

Eyeing the Elfsong Tavern from outside, Larassa remembered being here a few times by herself. She had pickpocketed quite a few denizens in there and was pleased with the success over the years. She had always mindfully spaced out her visits to avoid suspicion and was proud of how sneaky she was every time. She had never been caught in the act there.
Alas, she had to be extra careful nowadays. Her illegal actions were starting to add up.

While she had no ear for other languages besides Common, Larassa calmed the moment the singer began. She had no means of creating music herself, but enjoyed the sounds nonetheless. The calming effect on the crowd was normally Larassa's cue to start pickpocketing, but she reminded herself that now was really not the time for any of that.
Sure enough, Larassa finally turned to the side and noticed what her hood had hidden from view: the two bouncers for the tavern. Klank doing his usual thing of blankly staring into nothingness and Skoona.
While she had never been caught pickpocketing before, Larassa mindfully edged away from them and then turned to scan the tavern scene. Larassa's eyes wandered over the present persons. All they knew was to look for a female and that her name was Tarina. The name alone did not really give away what her race may be, making it all the more difficult for them to narrow down their quarry.

Soon, Hafdan was giving orders to the party and Larassa found herself looking down at the ground again to try and avoid his gaze. She was rather surprised the dwarf had yet to recognize her, but it was always possible he already did and was simply keeping quiet about it. She doubted he wanted to know he could be bought so easily.

Suddenly, Inula introduced herself to the team and Larassa's ears flicked towards the dog girl while she spoke animatedly. It was honestly a wonder this girl had yet to get herself killed in this city, even more so when she abruptly greeted the nearest woman. Larassa merely stared in both awe and dismay, as she wondered how quickly this girl would blow their party's cover for anything.
Thankfully, the cleric chided Inula for her actions and Larassa was again thankful that anyone she knew was currently distracted by other matters.

The other Tabaxi seemed nonplussed about taking charge of his station and Larassa was rather relieved to hear she would be outside of the tavern and just keeping an eye out for anyone fleeing. While she was not entirely keen on breaking anyone's knees per say, she knew she was quick and nimble enough to tackle anyone trying to escape.
Nodding at the Tabaxi, Larassa stuck close to his heels, mindfully avoiding any tavern patrons and continuing to keep her gaze on the floor.

While the Tiefling had yet to really say much to the group itself, Larassa was content with the lack of chatter and did not bother to introduce herself as Inula had so eagerly done.

Interactions: D. Rex D. Rex (Fallen Dragon)
Mentions: dr xenon dr xenon (Hafdan), Idea Idea (Inula), Ellya Ellya (Nima)
Nearby: BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 , Sherwood Sherwood (Grond), Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide (Guinevere)

Guinevere found captain's attitude entertaining, it put a devilish smirk on her face. A lifetime of suitors characterized with gentility and passivity made her more appreciative of men with rugged looks and sharp tongues. If she wanted someone to roll over whenever she pleased she'd have bought a dog.
Speaking of; the Genasi's interest in Inula came across both cute and irritating to Guin, but mostly irritating.
She'd done just fine with her and Dragon so far, Quin didn't need someone else ordering her hireling around.
"Yes, Inula. You will be coming with me. This business of finding one Tarina-" She said, in a questioning tone, looking to Dragon as if asking if she was remembering the name correctly. "-is secondary to your obligation to me."
Guinevere beckoned her closer with a look.
"Besides, it's true the streets are a dangerous place. We wouldn't want you to find yourself gutted in a dark alley somewhere." She said patting her on the head. "What would we do without you?"
Clearly, this was a scare tactic and an action fueled by antagonism towards Nima.
But, that's not to say Guinevere didn't care for Inula, in her own way.

She agreed to Dragon's plan with a ironically sportive demeanor and, on her way to her assigned post, brushed against him and whispered, "I just love it when you take charge." her expression oozing feigned lust; mostly feigned anyway.

Idea Idea D. Rex D. Rex

Zodge smirked right back at Guinevere before she left, sizing her up much like he did her companions, albeit somewhat more wolfishly. With that, he went back to his business, barking orders to a group of six soldiers that seemed to accompany him specifically. Most of them wore the bright armor that marked most of the Flaming Fist soldiers in contrast with Zodge's more rugged garb, but they were all similarly battered and scarred.

~~~

The group's militant fanning out within the tavern spread an immediate unease to its patrons. Conversations continued but remained hushed, and patrons openly placed their hands on their weapons. From what you all could tell, there wasn't likely a single unarmed person in this entire establishment. The bouncers and other staff didn't really flinch, though. Lara in particular would know that the bouncers were only really there to protect the staff and the building itself, and no one there really cared what happened to the customers. Even as Fallen Dragon discussed the plan to potentially assault the customers in front of them, Skoona seemed to take note of their badges and go back to watching the general establishment. Flaming Fist business is Flaming Fist business. Any doubt they might have had was assuaged by Guinevere, a recognizable patriar's presence. To that extent, neither did anyone try to run. For now.

Even so, Nima made the right call stopping Inula from getting too close to the half-ogre, Skoona, who put a hand on her greatclub behind her as the girl approached, something the less perceptive bard didn't notice as quickly as Nima's sharper eyes. "Tarina's upstairs. Piss off, kid." The woman's voice was gruff and hostile.

As far as Hafdan approaching the bartender, the half-elf behind the counter gave him a suspicious look. The man was of middling build with long brown hair that hung around his shoulders and a close-shaven brown beard. Hafdan, being a local watchman, recognized him as the tavern's current owner, Alan Alyth. "Aye? What can I do for ya? You lookin' for Tarina, like that one over there was practically shouting?" The half-elf tilted his head in Inula's direction. "She said she was expectin' someone. Don't quite fit the description she gave, though."

Idea Idea dr xenon dr xenon Ellya Ellya Sherwood Sherwood Lioness075 Lioness075 D. Rex D. Rex Psychie Psychie Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide

Last edited:
At this point, Grond doesn't say anything, but instead keeps his eyes on the various patrons for any that might cause trouble.

N i m a

Nima's eyes narrowed slightly at the moon elf. Her attitude was just oozing as much as her chest almost oozed out of her clothing. The Genasi gave a quick look up and down, simply shook her head and went to sit by the door without a single word, only her expression. She had her personality figured out in the blink of an eye. In her days as a smithy, she'd seen plenty of these types of people: self-entitled rich folk that think the world is built for them and them alone. It had always disgusted Nima, but she'd always known better than to let those feelings be known. As long as they paid her fairly for her work, she could handle their attitude.

This one wasn't paying her though, and as Nima placed the damaging part of her heavy mace on the ground with a dull thud, sitting down and resting an arm on it while placing the bottom of her shield on the ground in front of her and resting an arm on that as well, she considered talking back to this woman. The material she was coming up with to insult this woman could fill entire books. But she simply shook her head. When it came down to it, she was ready to protect for the sake of the mission, but one thing was for certain. If that moon elf didn't want her meddling in her affairs, this was the last time Nima made any attempt to stop a greatclub from smashing the girl's skull.

Apparanty, the woman they were looking for was upstairs somewhere. Good, maybe this could be handled relatively quickly. Nima decided to keep a close eye on the stairs, and anyone seeming to take special notice of the rest of her party. She saw some familiar faces in the tavern, just a handful of people that had previously commissioned something with her or she'd just come to know in her years in the city. But even if there were any here that she'd call friends, there was probably not a single person in this tavern that would be considered friendly.

Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Idea Idea

Actions Perception check: 5

Last edited:
  • Inula Mallian
    Lvl 1 Dogfolk Bard

I suddenly felt a strong pull on my arm, and myself getting dragged off to the side. I looked over my shoulder to see the water genasi, who began scolding me for being here. Wasn't I supposed to be here though, wasn't this our job?

"B-but isn't this just a tavern? I've been in taverns hundreds of times before and people only tried stabbing me a couple of times! Robbed a few more..." I protested, hoping I wasn't overstepping my bounds. "Besides, we have to talk to people if we want to know things don't we? Like, if you get lost you would ask for directions, no?"

She told me to stay close to Fallen Dragon though, to which I nodded. Lady Vannath even pitched in, insisting that I come with her instead, and scolding me as well for putting myself in danger. I probably should be grateful, I was about to do something stupid again, wasn't I? Yet these people were so kind as to keep me out of trouble even though I was like this. I was a little worried, but I suppose maybe I had some good teammates after all.

"Y-yes Lady Vannath, right away, I'll be right behind you!" I scooted over to her after my arm was released. I couldn't help smiling a little after hearing that compliment from the patriar about needing me, even though I was pretty sure I didn't deserve any such words. "Lady Vannath? Do you think it would be good if I did what Hafdan told me and I try talking to Tarina when we find her? Even though that ogre lady seemed... less than happy... After I talked to her."

On the bright side though, it cost me some flinching but now we had a better idea of where Tarina was supposed to be: Upstairs.

okada-manabi-shingeki-no-bahamut-anime-inumimi-3404461-jpeg.790124

Proficiency Bonus: +2
    Hit Points: 9/9
    Hit Dice: 1d8
    Armor Class: 14
    Initiative: +3
    Speed: 30 ft
    Passive Perception: 9
    Spellcasting Ability: Cha
    Spellsave DC: 15
    Spell Attack Bonus: +7

Bardic Inspirations: 5/5

Spells
Cantrips: (2)
*Guidance
*Prestidigitation

First Level: (4)
*Command
*Cure Wounds
*Sleep
*Speak With Animals [Ritual]

Items
Equipped:
*Rapier
*Wolf Pelts Leather Armor
*Sack x5
*Common Clothes
*Glasses

Currency:
0 PP
15 GP
37 SP
147 CP

Carrying:
*Calligrapher's Supplies (magical focus, has an effect which magically produces paper)
*Forgery Kit
*Disguise Kit
*Dagger x3
*Ink Pen x5
*Bottle of Ink
*Academy Uniform Robes
*Rations (7 days)
*Glasses
*Chalk x3
*Blanket
*Small Knife
*Candles x10
*Tinder Box
*Rope (silk)
*Mess Kit
*Ladder (10 ft)
*Piton x3
*Parchment x10
*Hammer
*Tumbling Tales of Tom Tomb (book)
*Diary of a Princess (book)
*Practical Analysis of Arcane Script Pt1 (book)

Skills
Saving Throws:
Strength: 0
Dexterity: +5
Constitution: +1
Intelligence: +3
Wisdom: -1
Charisma: +7

Skills:
Acrobatics: +3
Animal Handling: -1
Arcana: +5
Athletics: 0
Deception: +7
History: +3
Insight: -1
Intimidation: +5
Investigation: +5
Medicine: +1
Nature: +3
Perception: +1
Performance: +5
Persuasion: +9
Religion: +3
Sleight of Hand: +3
Stealth: +3
Survival: -1

Passives

Researcher- When you attempt to learn or recall a piece of lore, if you do not know that information, you often know where and from whom you can obtain it. Usually, this information comes from a library, scriptorium, university, or a sage or other learned person or creature. Your DM might rule that the knowledge you seek is secreted away in an almost inaccessible place, or that it simply cannot be found. Unearthing the deepest secrets of the multiverse can require an adventure or even a whole campaign.

Diplomat- If you spend 1 minute talking to someone who can understand what you say, you can make a Charisma (Persuasion) check contested by the creature’s Wisdom (Insight) check. If you or your companions are fighting the creature, your check automatically fails. If your check succeeds, the target is charmed by you as long as it remains within 60 feet of you and for 1 minute thereafter.

No actions

Interacting With: Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide
Mentions: BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 (the ogre lady) Ellya Ellya D. Rex D. Rex
Might Also Want to Read: N/A

As far as Hafdan approaching the bartender, the half-elf behind the counter gave him a suspicious look. The man was of middling build with long brown hair that hung around his shoulders and a close-shaven brown beard. Hafdan, being a local watchman, recognized him as the tavern's current owner, Alan Alyth. "Aye? What can I do for ya? You lookin' for Tarina, like that one over there was practically shouting?" The half-elf tilted his head in Inula's direction. "She said she was expectin' someone. Don't quite fit the description she gave, though."

"Yeh?" Hafdan replies with the deadpan I-dont-really-give-a-crap tone of a cop who's been on his feet too long. "I get that a lot. How did she describe me?"

OOC: Persuasion? +2 = 8

"Then perhaps you should pay me more to just that." Dragon said flatly to his employer. "And as it stands... you are only paying me two more gold than this gig is."

The tabaxi stopped at the door and looked back at Innula and Gwen. "Go on. If they found the contact, then be present. I'll handle the outside." Dragon didn't mind so long as the Patriar wasn't left unguarded.

Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide
Idea Idea

Guinevere giggled at his retort. "Well, then we'll have to ensure you are properly compensated after all this is done, won't we?" She countered playfully eyeing him.

Guin turned he golden eyes to the tavern inside. He may be right, Dragon usually was.
She acquiesced in action as opposed to words, pulling Inula into he tavern with her.
Ideally, its patrons wouldn't be too enlightened to the roster of their city's Patriar.
Being recognized could be as much a curse as a gift.

"Where did you say our mark was?" She asked her partner in tow once inside. She scanned the room to get a better representation of the scene.

D. Rex D. Rex
Idea Idea

(I think wanna roll for it, mostly cause I'm a little confused as to the where's and what's 😅 but also because perception)
(Oof...wait do I get bonuses?)

Passive Perception 13
Perception +3

4 +3 for a total roll of 7

Last edited:
((People watching/surveying the room can make a perception check in the post where they took that action, if desired. D. Rex D. Rex Ellya Ellya Sherwood Sherwood Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide ))

Alyth shot Hafdan a non-plussed look. It didn't seem he found the whole beat-cop thing terribly impressive. Hafdan knew that the bouncers wouldn't really have a problem picking a fight with the Fist should this somehow go from peaceable talks to blows, so he didn't really have a whole lot of reason to be cooperative individually. "I dunno. Not like you. Taller, no non-humans. I can tell you she's upstairs though." The half-elf leaned on the bar, casually laying his palm across the wood-top, tapping its surface. "If only there was something that might jog my memory..."

dr xenon dr xenon

Dragon would be surveying the outside of the building. For the sake of safety. And a random female doesn't decide to sneak out.

Specifically the alley.

Passive Perception: 15

Perception roll: 7

Alyth shot Hafdan a non-plussed look. It didn't seem he found the whole beat-cop thing terribly impressive. Hafdan knew that the bouncers wouldn't really have a problem picking a fight with the Fist should this somehow go from peaceable talks to blows, so he didn't really have a whole lot of reason to be cooperative individually. "I dunno. Not like you. Taller, no non-humans. I can tell you she's upstairs though." The half-elf leaned on the bar, casually laying his palm across the wood-top, tapping its surface. "If only there was something that might jog my memory..."

Reaching into a pouch tucked under his left arm - this is Baldur's Gate and there's no point hanging a purse on your belt unless you're trying to get rid of it - Hafdan pulls some silver and gold coins out. He doesn't even bother to count them. Without any show of discretion he puts half of them in Alyth's upraised palm. Then he puts his hand down on the bar, trapping the other half of the coins under his meaty palm.

He looks a question back to Alyth, Well?

Leandra.jpg
Equipment: Shortbow & Arrows (20/20), Shortsword, 2x Daggers, Leather Armor (AC 16)

The other two joining her to watch the alley seemed to take little to no notice of her and Larassa decided that was probably for the best. She needed to keep her head low during all of this.

Still, she felt her fur stand on end out of frustration when the other Tabaxi spoke as if he was going to handle the alley all by himself. Larassa knew her height and small stature always made her appear childlike to most and that this had many times caused others to overlook her as remotely challenging. Alas, she still felt an urge to speak up in the moment, to do something to show the others that she too was a worthy combatant. But her fear of being ousted so soon after everything kept her mouth shut and her gaze returned to the floor.

Exiting the tavern to the back alley, Larassa peered around, her eyes immediately seeking cover to conceal herself. Once she found a suitable spot, she crouched low and tucked her tail behind her.
Keeping her gaze on the tavern's back entrance, Larassa slowly drew her hand crossbow and loaded a bolt.

Roll: Stealth 7+9=16
Roll: Perception 15+5=20

Interactions: N/A
Mentions: D. Rex D. Rex (Fallen Dragon), Psychie Psychie (Axtis)
Nearby: BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 , Sherwood Sherwood (Grond), Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide (Guinevere), dr xenon dr xenon (Hafdan), Idea Idea (Inula), Ellya Ellya (Nima)

Last edited:
dr xenon dr xenon

Alyth stared blankly at Hafdan as the man brazenly set the coins in his palm. The dwarf could feel several pairs of eyes locking on the back of his neck, like so many sparks of envy and greed throughout the room. The bartender shrugged shortly thereafter, as though to say 'Your funeral.' The coin disappeared underneath the counter, likely to somewhere more secure. Leaning forward, the half-elf lowered his voice. "Said she was expecting some old associates of hers. Sailor types. Didn't sound like a happy reunion." Stepping back, Alyth resumed cleaning his mug. "She's up in the upstairs dining room playing Baldur's Bones with her 'friends.' Right cheater, that one. Don't... tell her I said that."

Ellya Ellya Sherwood Sherwood

Nima and Grond didn't really notice anything amiss if someone was trying to do something discreetly, but did catch part of a louder conversation. The drunk have little regard for subtlety, after all.

A mousy human man wearing plainclothes lead the conversation at first. "... 'eard Elturel didn't just disappear or nothin'. Ravengard marched over there with a bloody battalion, 'e did! I reckon at the feast they held for him, he killed the lot of them- that prick Kreeg included! Burned the place to the ground, right under the Companion, 'e did! Those soldiers at Fort Tomal won't just sit back and take it, though. Got 'im pinned in the wreckage of the city. Bet Elturgard will be part of Baldur's Gate before a tenday's end."

A broad-shouldered dwarf scoffed in response. "Nonsense. Ravengard was never one for tricks. Me cousin told me that his mate saw riders from Fort Morninglord, the cursed place. Leading an army of devils, they were, probably to avenge those damnable Hellrider's attack on them. Look what it got them. Their city's gone, and Hell still stands. I'd bet coin they won't stop, and Scornubel will fall next."

Hellriders. Zodge used that word, too. Neither of you could really quite remember what happened, though, save what you've gathered from the conversation and context. ((History: Nima 12, Grond 6))

Finally, a Tiefling woman with dark red skin shook her head and chimed in. “With Ravengard out of the way, who’ll be the next grand duke, I wonder? My money’s on Vanthampur. Practically born in the sewers, she was, and more vicious than a swarm of rats.” Both Nima and Grond knew at least in passing of Thalamra Vanthampur, one of the Dukes on the Council of Four.

D. Rex D. Rex

Fallen Dragon didn't notice anything visibly amiss, but that familiar feeling of being watched he had been getting the last few nights emerged. This was certainly the first time it had happened in broad daylight.

Lioness075 Lioness075

Lara skillfully vanished into the shadows of the alley behind the tavern, a familiar venue for the Tabaxi. No one showed any sign of exiting out the back, but the longer you remained at your post, the more something seemed off. There was someone else back there. The occasional clattering of steel or shifting of boots on stone work gave it away. That's when you saw them. A man clad in leather armor with the distinct garb of a sailor stood, leaning against the wall in the shadows. A cutlass hung at his waist openly as he watched the same door Lara was. The human was rugged and middle aged, with a sort of rough look about him. As far as you can tell, he is entirely unaware of your presence.

Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Idea Idea

With the two walking off alone and up the stairs, the atmosphere changed pretty quickly. The upstairs seating was considerably more empty, with only one long, square table having any occupants currently. Seated around it was a bunch of burly male dockworkers, all loudly cursing their luck as a roguish woman with tan skin and black hair that draped a pretty, if sun-damaged face scooped coin into a clearly already heavy pouch. "Sorry, lads. Today's just not your day, I guess." The men, still grumbling, rose and stormed past the pair, though not without some leering at them. For one, a Moon Elf Patriar would likely turn heads just on its own, but for another, Inula's curse drew more than a couple looks ranging from curiosity to suspicion. Otherwise, they left without incident.

The woman casually put her feet up on the table and waved to the pair with a thin smile.

The room itself had many more exits, almost certainly to private rooms where people could stay or just talk in peace. Lit lanterns hang from the rafters, the only source of light in the totally windowless room. Rugs of middling make covered the floor, dampening the noise from below somewhat.​

Last edited:

Hafdan charsheet
Dwarf FIghter - Axe & ShieldView attachment 791496
HP: 14
AC: 16/18
Passives:
  • Perception/WIS: 12
  • Investigation/INT: 9
  • Insight/WIS: 14
Battleaxe: +6, 1d8+4/1d10+4
dr xenon dr xenon

Alyth stared blankly at Hafdan as the man brazenly set the coins in his palm. The dwarf could feel several pairs of eyes locking on the back of his neck, like so many sparks of envy and greed throughout the room. The bartender shrugged shortly thereafter, as though to say 'Your funeral.' The coin disappeared underneath the counter, likely to somewhere more secure. Leaning forward, the half-elf lowered his voice. "Said she was expecting some old associates of hers. Sailor types. Didn't sound like a happy reunion." Stepping back, Alyth resumed cleaning his mug. "She's up in the upstairs dining room playing Baldur's Bones with her 'friends.' Right cheater, that one. Don't... tell her I said that."

Nodding to the bartender Hafdan turned and scanned where the rest of his current "detachment" of Lower City Fist Irregulars were still in the main room. Trying to catch Nima's eye he jerks his head toward the stairs as if to say, Meet me over there.

He heads for the stairs and passing Grond gives him a look and a jerk of his head in the direction of the stairs as if to say, Let's go.

Then, apparently unsure of his non-verbal communication skills over the distance between him and the hulking Dragonborn, adds "Let's go."

If Nima joins them he heads up, otherwise looking back at her again and making the universal sweeping hand gesture from her to the stairs as if to say, You come, too!

Heading up the stairs he wonders where the Moon Elf and Inula got themselves to, and mutters, "Freakin' greeners better not be getting me in trouble with the Captain already."

Ellya Ellya , Sherwood Sherwood

N i m a

Nima gives a soft sigh when noticing the dwarf and the dragonborn going up the stairs, the dwarf even beckoning her to join. Hand leaning on her mace, she pulled herself up with a soft groan and walked her way toward the stairs, still keeping her eye out for any people she might know.

The stairs creaked gently under the sheer weight of her armor and weapons as she made her way up, but she did get there. When she did, the Genasi just took a careful look around this room as well. The woman at the table with her feet up seemed to be the center of attention, but Nima just stayed back near the stairs, standing still with her mace thudding onto the floor and her hands resting on it. If anyone tried to get up the stairs, she would just turn around and block their path, and tell them official business was happening.

For now, she just sized up the woman with her feet on the table. Apparently she'd just won a game of cards, and Nima couldn't help but feel curious how much about this woman was just a facade, and where she drew that confidence from.

dr xenon dr xenon Sherwood Sherwood Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Idea Idea

Actions Insight check on the woman's general vibe: 21

Ellya Ellya

Nima's vibe check was fairly informative. For one thing, she was perceptive enough to notice the scimitar at her waist and the well-hidden dagger up her sleeve. Safe bet from the tone of her arms that the woman knew how to use them. For another, she just genuinely didn't seem frightened of them. It probably had something to do with the Guild connection Zodge mentioned; if the party was directly responsible for any harm that came to the woman, they'd be making an enemy of a criminal organization to rival the Xanathar's Guild or the Zhentarim. Few people lasted long with a death mark from the Guild on their head. Of course, as competent as she might have been, it was unlikely she could take all of them at once, so she was probably banking on the party being unwilling to hurt her.​

Dragons nose twitched and his fur stood on end. Something wasn't right, he could feel it. And he had been in enough fights to trust these sorts of feelings. But so far every time he had felt this feeling here... he hadn't found anyone.

All that meant was he had to be more observant. The tabaxi moved his gaze from the building to the surroundings. Gazing from the roof of the tavern and surround building to other alleyways that connected to the one he was in. The feeling set him on edge, and he instinctively readied himself to strike at a moments notice, like a snake coiling in self defense.

Passive Perception: 15
Perception Roll: Another 7

Leandra.jpg

While her fellow Tabaxi slowly turned in place, warily eyeing his surroundings and tense, Larassa stared right at the suspicious individual leaning against a wall ever-so-casually. He was here with a purpose and the likelihood of him waiting outside on this particular day and time was all the more suspicious.

Alas, she had done such a great job of hiding herself, Larassa knew that the other Tabaxi was blissfully unaware of her presence, or seemed to be acting that way. The Tiefling made no move to indicate she knew where Larassa had hidden herself either. That meant Larassa had to figure out what she was going to do on her own. If she tried to signal to her teammates, she would most likely give away her own position. Yet, there was also a slim chance this man was here for someone unrelated to their hired quest. If she tried to give away the pirate-like individual's position, would he run or possibly even attack the other Tabaxi standing in plain sight?

Larassa felt indecisive, growing increasingly uncomfortable with the suspicious individual's presence and the fact that her party members undoubtedly had no clue she was still out here with them. Or that she had come out here at all. In fact, nobody in the group had interacted directly with her except for when the other Tabaxi called her out to assist in the alley.

Still, this suspicious individual was likely to be a problem even if their contact attempted to flee the tavern, which Larassa honestly did not expect to occur. Most contacts for situations like these had little reason to flee the meeting location unless they were given away.

Squeezing her eyes shut and mentally cursing at her luck, Larassa then opened her eyes and took aim with a handful of ball bearings. Her only hope was that she would surprise the man and then he would trip over the ball bearings in any attempt to escape the scene. Then the other Tabaxi or Tiefling could grab him and the pair could perhaps interrogate him while Larassa would maintain her cover to keep watch on the back door.

Rolls: Throw Attack ?+?=?

Interactions: BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 (Suspicious Individual in Alley)
Mentions: D. Rex D. Rex (Fallen Dragon), Psychie Psychie (Axtis)
Nearby: N/A

Psychie Psychie Lioness075 Lioness075 D. Rex D. Rex

Dragon was, as he had been when he previously felt this way, unable to find the source of the sensation. The alley had people pass by its exits pretty frequently, and there was no sign of anyone standing on the nearby rooftops. If someone was following him, they were very good at avoiding discovery. Further down the alley, the pirate barely had any time to react when a handful of ball bearings were scattered at his feet. "Bah- Bloody Hells!" He shouted involuntarily, definitely loud enough for Dragon and Axtis to hear it as well. Immediately, he dashed to get away, only to step on a few of the bearings and promptly fall to the stonework. His head slammed against the cobblestone of the alley with a crack, where he was left groaning in pain.​

• Inula Mallian
    Lvl 1 Dogfolk Bard

Oh no. The patriar never answered my question. That couldn't be a good sign... Behind her back, while being pulled by the arm, I forced a smile towards Fallen Dragon, accompanied by an equally faint "Thank you."

"Hm, what? Oh, our mark? The ogre lady said she was upstairs. Should we head there now?" That question was in turn answered by actions moreso than words, as my employer took me in that direction. I didn't really bother scanning through the room or anything, instead focusing on sticking close to lady Vannath and avoiding colliding with anyone as best I could. Last time I did run into someone and accidentally spilled their drink, they nearly prosecuted me for damages and I had to give up a whole week's worth of wages just so they would feel generous enough not to press charges!

We arrived upstairs right on time to witness a game wrapping up, where a certain woman had just won what seemed to be a fair bit of gambling money. The group of men walked off, upset, and I shrunk as they laid those stares onto me (and lady Vannath). I couldn't understand why they would gamble if they got this upset when they lost, and I couldn't understand why that woman was putting her feet on the table in such a disrespectful manner. The owners probably worked hard on cleaning those, didn't they? I stepped out from behind lady Vannath, and was about to say something when Hafdan and that water genasi reached us from behind, and I recalled what the genasi had told me earlier about sparing me from 'having my skull bashed in'.

It probably wouldn't be a good idea to act like that in front of one who was potentially the one who would give us information now. Also, they said she was a spy, right? So they were like, all secret and stuff? What if they were concerned someone could overhear their noble efforts to expose an evil cult, and that was why they were acting in such a rude and disrespectful manner, to keep them off her trail?

That was so cool!

I cleared my throat and trying regaining my composure. If she needed to keep things a secret, then maybe I could give her an excuse to talk? I gave a look to my boss, and over my shoulder to Hafdan, then approached the woman on the table, nervously searching for a coin pouch from which I removed ten silver coins, and presented them to Tarina, presumably (I mean she was upstairs and even waved at us, surely this was her this time?).

"Shall we play a gane, a game? A round?" I nudged my chin in the direction of the game's materials. "III'm sure you wouldn't want to Zodge a chance to make some extra coin, right? Maybe even a favor or two?"

Hopefully she would pick up on what I was putting down.

okada-manabi-shingeki-no-bahamut-anime-inumimi-3404461-jpeg.790124

Proficiency Bonus: +2
    Hit Points: 9/9
    Hit Dice: 1d8
    Armor Class: 14
    Initiative: +3
    Speed: 30 ft
    Passive Perception: 9
    Spellcasting Ability: Cha
    Spellsave DC: 15
    Spell Attack Bonus: +7

Bardic Inspirations: 5/5

Spells
Cantrips: (2)
*Guidance
*Prestidigitation

First Level: (4)
*Command
*Cure Wounds
*Sleep
*Speak With Animals [Ritual]

Items
Equipped:
*Rapier
*Wolf Pelts Leather Armor
*Sack x5
*Common Clothes
*Glasses

Currency:
0 PP
15 GP
37 SP
147 CP

Carrying:
*Calligrapher's Supplies (magical focus, has an effect which magically produces paper)
*Forgery Kit
*Disguise Kit
*Dagger x3
*Ink Pen x5
*Bottle of Ink
*Academy Uniform Robes
*Rations (7 days)
*Glasses
*Chalk x3
*Blanket
*Small Knife
*Candles x10
*Tinder Box
*Rope (silk)
*Mess Kit
*Ladder (10 ft)
*Piton x3
*Parchment x10
*Hammer
*Tumbling Tales of Tom Tomb (book)
*Diary of a Princess (book)
*Practical Analysis of Arcane Script Pt1 (book)

Skills
Saving Throws:
Strength: 0
Dexterity: +5
Constitution: +1
Intelligence: +3
Wisdom: -1
Charisma: +7

Skills:
Acrobatics: +3
Animal Handling: -1
Arcana: +5
Athletics: 0
Deception: +7
History: +3
Insight: -1
Intimidation: +5
Investigation: +5
Medicine: +1
Nature: +3
Perception: +1
Performance: +5
Persuasion: +9
Religion: +3
Sleight of Hand: +3
Stealth: +3
Survival: -1

Passives

Researcher- When you attempt to learn or recall a piece of lore, if you do not know that information, you often know where and from whom you can obtain it. Usually, this information comes from a library, scriptorium, university, or a sage or other learned person or creature. Your DM might rule that the knowledge you seek is secreted away in an almost inaccessible place, or that it simply cannot be found. Unearthing the deepest secrets of the multiverse can require an adventure or even a whole campaign.

Diplomat- If you spend 1 minute talking to someone who can understand what you say, you can make a Charisma (Persuasion) check contested by the creature’s Wisdom (Insight) check. If you or your companions are fighting the creature, your check automatically fails. If your check succeeds, the target is charmed by you as long as it remains within 60 feet of you and for 1 minute thereafter.

No actions

Interacting With: Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 (Tanira) D. Rex D. Rex dr xenon dr xenon
Mentions: BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 (the ogre lady) Ellya Ellya
Might Also Want to Read: N/A

Idea Idea Ellya Ellya Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide dr xenon dr xenon

The woman's feet came off the table as Inula approached, though her smile never broke. One the table in front of her was several sets of dice, each set containing multiple six sided die. Still, she cocked an eyebrow at Inula's paws. The other eyebrow went up when the girl offered her the coin. Several seconds went by after Inula's questioning offer. Several very tense seconds, where the girl had plenty of time to become keenly aware of the sword on the woman's waist. Finally, the silence was broken by the woman's raucous laughter. "Aye, lass; there's no need for all that, but I appreciate the thought. Sit down, all of ye. At least, once ye're done dressing me down, anyways." She shot a more inquisitive look Nima's way, her cautious smile becoming almost flirtatious. Shortly, the more distant, polite look returned.

"I assume that lot's all with ye as well, yeah? I take it ye know who I am, but I'll introduce myself anyways; I'm Tarina, and I'd wager Zodge sent you." The woman winked at Inula. She was pretty clearly poking fun at her, but didn't seem to intend any mean-spirit behind it. Without really waiting for a response, she pushed the girl's hand closed. The thin smile turned into a more good-natured, toothy grin. "Do ye even know how to play Baldur's Bones, lass? At least sit down and play a couple hands first, aye?" Tarina gestured broadly to the seats around the table. The wood furnishing was fairly uncomfortable but serviceable to any who took the woman up on the offer.​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back