• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Avengers: Rebooted (Closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Looking at the metal doors, Michael tilted his head to the left, examining it, not sure as to what it was. Looking in silence, he let out a small sigh and turned to Robin. "Say...may you perhaps explain what this is?" He asked her kindly. "I have only seen stairs in my time...but perhaps explain inside whatever this moving room is. I don't want to appear stupid to everyone else out here..." Smiling meekly, he walked in like a tortoise and turned, waiting for the female to follow. "Oh, and I assume that you shall be the one to spar with me?"
sitanomoto sitanomoto

It felt good to hold her. Finn wasn't one for cheesy romances (not that he would admit to being romantically interested in her)... Maybe a little. "Hey Cass. How's uh. Science? Life. I missed you. Everyone. How are you?" Pull yourself together. Dimitri winked. In all honesty Finn had forgotten that there was other people in the room. He pulled back from the hug but left an arm over one of her shoulders. Should I take it away? Maybe I should talk with her? "So uh. What have I missed? Oh. Before I forget to mention it. There are two people who might be on their way up soon. I expected them to be here but I guess they're possibly a little nervous. One of them is looking for someone to spar with."

Before Finn could further ruin his reputation Dimitri rushed to the rescue and ruined his own first. He guessed that the otp comment had been directed to Lisa in a failed attempt. Finn held back laughter as the speedster rambled on about moving to Vietnam. "If you really wanted other side of the world try New Zealand. Very far and also adventure capital of the world. So at least you would have fun on your self imposed banishment." He looked over at Cassie. "Sorry Cass. I interrupted the earlier conversation."

sitanomoto sitanomoto reapertwo reapertwo

As his jaw dropped, Dimitri covered his mouth with the thumb side of his closed fist and mouthed "Oh shit". He looked to Lisa and shook his head with a giddy look on his face, before making suggestive eyebrows at Finn over Cassie's shoulder. "That's my new OTP!" Dimitri said in response to Lisa in his head.... He looked back at her in a proud manor, before his eyes got wide and he turned red. It was then that he realized he said it out loud. "I could just run away to the other side of the world..." He thought, putting his thumb and forefinger on the bridge of his nose in embarrassment. "... Change my name, live off the land. I would be the best Vietnamese farmer in the world. Or at least Vietnam. I could live there until I inevitably do something this cringy again...."
It felt good to hold her. Finn wasn't one for cheesy romances (not that he would admit to being romantically interested in her)... Maybe a little. "Hey Cass. How's uh. Science? Life. I missed you. Everyone. How are you?" Pull yourself together. Dimitri winked. In all honesty Finn had forgotten that there was other people in the room. He pulled back from the hug but left an arm over one of her shoulders. Should I take it away? Maybe I should talk with her? "So uh. What have I missed? Oh. Before I forget to mention it. There are two people who might be on their way up soon. I expected them to be here but I guess they're possibly a little nervous. One of them is looking for someone to spar with."

Before Finn could further ruin his reputation Dimitri rushed to the rescue and ruined his own first. He guessed that the otp comment had been directed to Lisa in a failed attempt. Finn held back laughter as the speedster rambled on about moving to Vietnam. "If you really wanted other side of the world try New Zealand. Very far and also adventure capital of the world. So at least you would have fun on your self imposed banishment." He looked over at Cassie. "Sorry Cass. I interrupted the earlier conversation."

Cassie smiled as she heard Finn stammer. "Life is okay. Science is good. I'm fine, how about you?" She leaned into Finn's arm over her shoulder, then chuckled as she heard Dimitri's OTP comment. There was a blush lightly prominent on her face but she hoped no one noticed. "Or Egypt. I heard the Pyramids are a sight to behold, if you want to do some sightseeing while running away from your reputation."
Lisa grinned and put her head in her hand. "Brilliant Job, 'mitri, brilliant." She said.

Terry looked at Cassie and he felt a huge weight lifted off of his chest. Oh thank goodness Finn was here.....

Looking at the metal doors, Michael tilted his head to the left, examining it, not sure as to what it was. Looking in silence, he let out a small sigh and turned to Robin. "Say...may you perhaps explain what this is?" He asked her kindly. "I have only seen stairs in my time...but perhaps explain inside whatever this moving room is. I don't want to appear stupid to everyone else out here..." Smiling meekly, he walked in like a tortoise and turned, waiting for the female to follow. "Oh, and I assume that you shall be the one to spar with me?"
sitanomoto sitanomoto
Robin smiled and stepped onto the elevator. "How long have you been out of it, pal?" She said, pressing the button to get to Cassie's floor. The doors closed and she put her hand on his shoulder. "It's called an elevator and it's faster than stairs. Entirely safe, unless the cable snaps, which it never does unless being attacked by a supervillain." She shrugged as she explained and the elevator moved up. "Don't worry, you won't be considered stupid, I promise."

"Oh, and I assume you shall be the one to spar with me?"

Robin blanched. "M-me? I mean... sure, but I thought you were gonna spar with someone a little more qualified-" She stopped herself and then tried to backtrack awkwardly. "I mean, not that I'm not qualified or anything, and not that I can't do it but I just... what I mean is...." She stumbled over her words, and she stopped, putting a hand on her forehead. It was at times like this where she wished she was a little more articulate.

Ivory listened as Cassie told him he was free to leave and stood up almost immediately, walking straight over to the elevator with the biggest smile on his face. He waved to Cassie and began to press the service elevator's call button rapidly as he waited to leave the building. But, as he stood there waiting for the elevator to arrive, he was given time to really look around and realize something, it wasn't awkward for anybody.

He'd spent months thinking this moment would be like a trial as he stood before everybody and struggled to speak, yet standing where he was made him realize that what he feeling at the current moment while removed from everything wasn't awkwardness, but a strange nostalgia. These people had been his first real friends, the only real friends he'd had, hell, they were still the ONLY friends he'd ever really had, and he was about to leave them behind why? Because he pretended to die? That was something everybody on the team did every other week!

So as Ivory was having this thought, and as he failed to notice the service elevator arrive and then leave once again, and as Cassie moved on to hug Dimitri and then Finn, Ivory still hadn't moved. Then, he shook his head and came back into the moment he was currently in to see Cassie and Finn locked in a hug, and not the, 'oh you're like a brother to me I missed you so much' kind, but more like the, 'you would look better sitting across a table from me at diner tonight' kind of look.

'Since when were Cassie and Finn a thing? Man, I missed way more than I thought I did...' Ivory simply watched the two talk for a few moments before smiling as he thought of something to say to the two of them. So Ivory slowly lifted his hand and cupped it, pausing for a few moments, unsure on if he should interject himself into their little moment. He eventually did speak however, and said to Cassie and Finn, "Hey, you two science geeks, why don't you act like two magnets and let your lips attract already or-uh-something like that...magnets are the things in science that are attracted to each other right?"

sitanomoto sitanomoto CasualDragon CasualDragon

Dimitri waved his finger and winked at Ivory, in a way that said I know what you're trying to do, and I appreciate it. "Thanks buddy. Now I'm not worried about how awkward what I said was. I'm glad you're not dead." Zipping past Cassie, he held up the flash drive. "You look busy, Cass. Maybe this is a job for the other one, without the significant other. No offense Terry.... Think fast!" He jumped back, tossing it to... or at, Terry. As soon as it left his hands, he began to wonder why he bothered throwing it to save time when he is the fastest man alive. Time slowed down around him. 'Think fast!' He thought. 'It's cool because I said think fast, and now I'm thinking fast... what if I don't need them for this. After all, I could study for hours and they would only miss me for a few seconds.' Confidently, he walked over to the still flash drive, grabbed it, and ran to the library to learn about file corruption. After "hours" of studying, he realized that this was simply a field he couldn't grasp. Defeated, he trudged back to the tower and placed the flash drive where it was when he threw it. 'At least no one saw me fail.' He thought, before allowing reality to pop back into motion as he gave a heavy sigh. sitanomoto sitanomoto Loony_Bin Loony_Bin

Ivory listened as Cassie told him he was free to leave and stood up almost immediately, walking straight over to the elevator with the biggest smile on his face. He waved to Cassie and began to press the service elevator's call button rapidly as he waited to leave the building. But, as he stood there waiting for the elevator to arrive, he was given time to really look around and realize something, it wasn't awkward for anybody.

He'd spent months thinking this moment would be like a trial as he stood before everybody and struggled to speak, yet standing where he was made him realize that what he feeling at the current moment while removed from everything wasn't awkwardness, but a strange nostalgia. These people had been his first real friends, the only real friends he'd had, hell, they were still the ONLY friends he'd ever really had, and he was about to leave them behind why? Because he pretended to die? That was something everybody on the team did every other week!

So as Ivory was having this thought, and as he failed to notice the service elevator arrive and then leave once again, and as Cassie moved on to hug Dimitri and then Finn, Ivory still hadn't moved. Then, he shook his head and came back into the moment he was currently in to see Cassie and Finn locked in a hug, and not the, 'oh you're like a brother to me I missed you so much' kind, but more like the, 'you would look better sitting across a table from me at diner tonight' kind of look.

'Since when were Cassie and Finn a thing? Man, I missed way more than I thought I did...' Ivory simply watched the two talk for a few moments before smiling as he thought of something to say to the two of them. So Ivory slowly lifted his hand and cupped it, pausing for a few moments, unsure on if he should interject himself into their little moment. He eventually did speak however, and said to Cassie and Finn, "Hey, you two science geeks, why don't you act like two magnets and let your lips attract already or-uh-something like that...magnets are the things in science that are attracted to each other right?"

sitanomoto sitanomoto CasualDragon CasualDragon
Dimitri waved his finger and winked at Ivory, in a way that said I know what you're trying to do, and I appreciate it. "Thanks buddy. Now I'm not worried about how awkward what I said was. I'm glad you're not dead." Zipping past Cassie, he held up the flash drive. "You look busy, Cass. Maybe this is a job for the other one, without the significant other. No offense Terry.... Think fast!" He jumped back, tossing it to... or at, Terry. As soon as it left his hands, he began to wonder why he bothered throwing it to save time when he is the fastest man alive. Time slowed down around him. 'Think fast!' He thought. 'It's cool because I said think fast, and now I'm thinking fast... what if I don't need them for this. After all, I could study for hours and they would only miss me for a few seconds.' Confidently, he walked over to the still flash drive, grabbed it, and ran to the library to learn about file corruption. After "hours" of studying, he realized that this was simply a field he couldn't grasp. Defeated, he trudged back to the tower and placed the flash drive where it was when he threw it. 'At least no one saw me fail.' He thought, before allowing reality to pop back into motion as he gave a heavy sigh. sitanomoto sitanomoto Loony_Bin Loony_Bin
Cassie shook her head with a chuckle and then her head shot up to look at Ivory with wide eyes. The blush on her cheeks deepened and she cleared her throat, taking an awkward sideways step away from Finn, choosing this moment to conveniently admire the view from the large bay window overlooking the entirety of NYC.

Terry, being about as clumsy as Cassie was when not in his suit, missed the flash drive as he tried to catch it and it made contact directly with the middle of his forehead.
"OW!" He exclaimed as the drive fell to the floor and he recoiled. "Dimitri!" He scowled and looked rather pouty. "Not cool."

Cassie laughed and shook her head. "Give it here, nitwit." She said, raising her hand.
Terry picked it up from the ground and threw it at Cassie, who caught it with one hand. She winked at Terry, who rolled his eyes, and then walked down the stairs to her dad's Lab. She disappeared downstairs and then her hand popped up into view. She whistled and Beckoned Dimitri down.

(LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED YO)

Robin smiled and stepped onto the elevator. "How long have you been out of it, pal?" She said, pressing the button to get to Cassie's floor. The doors closed and she put her hand on his shoulder. "It's called an elevator and it's faster than stairs. Entirely safe, unless the cable snaps, which it never does unless being attacked by a supervillain." She shrugged as she explained and the elevator moved up. "Don't worry, you won't be considered stupid, I promise."

"Oh, and I assume you shall be the one to spar with me?"

Robin blanched. "M-me? I mean... sure, but I thought you were gonna spar with someone a little more qualified-" She stopped herself and then tried to backtrack awkwardly. "I mean, not that I'm not qualified or anything, and not that I can't do it but I just... what I mean is...." She stumbled over her words, and she stopped, putting a hand on her forehead. It was at times like this where she wished she was a little more articulate.

"Out of it?" Michael asked, looking to her hand and tensing suddenly before taking in a deep breath, calming his mind. "I've been in K'un-Lun for as long as I can remember. We didn't have any elevators there, though wifi wasn't unheard of. A lot faster in the city though, it only makes sense." His hands fumbled over each other as he waited for the elevator to stop. He felt uneasy, especially as the only bad thing could happen 'never' happens unless a villain attacks. He could tell it was a lie, but an unintentional one. The chance of the chord snapping must be extremely small, yet there was still a chance of it happening.

"Ah, you seem to misunderstand, Robin." Mike informed, smiling as he turned to look her in the eye, his pupil almost showing how confident he was in his judgement of sparring with the woman. "You have great potential, Robin. You have unlocked some of it, but your chi tells me you can be much greater. You have the chi of a warrior, and I hope I can bring it out." The elevator shuddered and came to a stop, a high pitched 'ping' floating out of the speakers as the two metal doors opened up. "But don't expect me to go easy on you...and please don't call me sensei. I am nothing more than a fellow fighter."

Dimitri's eyes scanned the room as he pursed his lips. There was some sort of shadowy creep who told them they were all messed up, two thirds of a love triangle, and a man who he just pegged in the forehead. "Sooo not that I'm uncomfortable or anything, but-" He was interrupted by Cassie's whistle and perked up. "Sorry guys, I gotta run." Speed walking away, he followed Cassie, looking back to see if Lisa was following them.
Dawn cleared his throat and turned to face Finn. "Hello. My name is Dawn, and as I was telling the others, I am the son of Cloak and Dagger. It is nice to meet you."
sitanomoto sitanomoto Loony_Bin Loony_Bin CasualDragon CasualDragon

"I'm getting by." He chucked when she suggested Egypt. Then there was... Ivory... Finn loved the kid half to death and was very happy to see him here but the magnet joke made his face turn red with embarrassment. His moment of bravery was quickly passing. Cassie awkwardly stepped away as Finn rubbed the back of his neck and looked down at his shoe. It was an interesting shoe. Actually it was pretty boring. He needed a diversion. He bent down to re-tie the lace on his one shoe making sure to take his dear sweet time with it. You dingus you should have talked with her first before doing that. You ever thought that maybe she didn't want to be hugged? Dork. Wait. Did Ivory ask a question?"

"I appreciate the attempt of a magnet joke. Yes magnets are attracted to each other but there are different types of magnets so you have to be a bit more specific. Permanent magnets are the ones your probably referring to but what type of permanent magnet? One of the strongest types of magnets are ones made of nyodymium iron boron. They have a very high magnetism however they tend to be brittle and can break easily with a lot of pressure. They're very hard to demagnetize though so that's a bonus and you can coat them to make them stronger and less likely to break." Too much info. "I uh. Won't even go into temporary magnets or electromagnets."

Cassie disappeared and he considered following her but didn't want to seem to clingy. Especially after the heckling his friends had given. Luckily he was saved by the arrival of Dawn. Finn listened to his introduction and stuck out his hand for a handshake. "Hi. Finn Banner. Nice to meet you as well. Always a pleasure to meet another one like us." He smiled. "Son of Cloak and Dagger huh? Sorry if this is too forward or rude but I'm curious. Did you get aspects of both of their powers? How do you manage to control both the lightforce and the darkforce? Please, don't feel like you have to answer." He added hastily.

sitanomoto sitanomoto Loony_Bin Loony_Bin reapertwo reapertwo

"Out of it?" Michael asked, looking to her hand and tensing suddenly before taking in a deep breath, calming his mind. "I've been in K'un-Lun for as long as I can remember. We didn't have any elevators there, though wifi wasn't unheard of. A lot faster in the city though, it only makes sense." His hands fumbled over each other as he waited for the elevator to stop. He felt uneasy, especially as the only bad thing could happen 'never' happens unless a villain attacks. He could tell it was a lie, but an unintentional one. The chance of the chord snapping must be extremely small, yet there was still a chance of it happening.

"Ah, you seem to misunderstand, Robin." Mike informed, smiling as he turned to look her in the eye, his pupil almost showing how confident he was in his judgement of sparring with the woman. "You have great potential, Robin. You have unlocked some of it, but your chi tells me you can be much greater. You have the chi of a warrior, and I hope I can bring it out." The elevator shuddered and came to a stop, a high pitched 'ping' floating out of the speakers as the two metal doors opened up. "But don't expect me to go easy on you...and please don't call me sensei. I am nothing more than a fellow fighter."
Robin relaxed as she listened to him talk, then realized her hand was still on his shoulder. She removed it quickly and watched as the doors opened, revealing several people. "'Chi of a warrior,' huh? Mom would agree. She says I'm a fighter." She said, grinning. Her hand tightened around her bag of apples, and she repositioned her satchel a little more securely on her shoulder.
Her satchel held her suit and helmet for whenever she needed them most, and she never left home without them.
She gazed around the room and gulped, nervousness rising in her throat again ands she took in the sight of the living legends. She glimpsed silver hair going down the stairs and a boy with a holoscreen up as he swiped away on it, who looked rather like a young Tony Stark. A Man with a cloak, her acquaintance, the Banner Boy, and a kid on the couch who was wearing a "Grey's Pizza" Uniform. She stepped off as her eyes darted around the room.

Terry raised an eyebrow. "Uhh.... Who are these two???"

Robin got the immediate feeling she wasn't welcome, but looked over at Finn. "We're.... uh.... we're with him...." She looked back at Michael. "If we are going to spar, I'm going to need too... ah..... what's the term? 'Suit up?' Can someone point me to the restroom?"

"Restroom is the third door down the short hallway," Friday replied, making Robin jump out of her skin.

"Th-thanks...."she stammered, placing the bag of apples on the coffee table. "If... ah... if anyone's hungry...." She gestured to the bag in a "help yourself" sort of manner, then walked down the hall into the bathroom and closed the door.

Dimitri's eyes scanned the room as he pursed his lips. There was some sort of shadowy creep who told them they were all messed up, two thirds of a love triangle, and a man who he just pegged in the forehead. "Sooo not that I'm uncomfortable or anything, but-" He was interrupted by Cassie's whistle and perked up. "Sorry guys, I gotta run." Speed walking away, he followed Cassie, looking back to see if Lisa was following them.
Dawn cleared his throat and turned to face Finn. "Hello. My name is Dawn, and as I was telling the others, I am the son of Cloak and Dagger. It is nice to meet you."
sitanomoto sitanomoto Loony_Bin Loony_Bin CasualDragon CasualDragon
Lisa followed Dimitri down the stairs and watched as Cassie worked away, plugging the flash drive in to the computer. A holoscreen came up, and Cassie began to work on decrypting the files.

"So, 'Mitri, what exactly is it that I'm digging for here?" Cassie asked, walking over to the minifridge and pulling out a bottle of Dr. Pepper. She opened it and took a long drink, then set it down and raised an eyebrow at her friend.

Dawn smiled for once. This man seemed to be both friendly and genuinely interested in him. His hand was ice cold to the touch when he shook Finn's hand. "I have a measure of control over both of my parents abilities. Without my father's void, my mother's body would overload with energy. Without my mother's energy, my father would be overtaken by his own void. Since I emit both sides of the coin, I have no such problems." He held up the hand that he shook Finn's hand with and created an amoebic shadow in the air that formed the general shape of a person standing a few meters away from him. With his other hand, he motioned towards the blob, shooting light daggers from each of his fingers into the "chest" of the blob, causing it to dissipate. CasualDragon CasualDragon

"One moment...." Dimitri said, zipping away and returning with a slice of pizza. As he returned, he was mid bite and pacing slowly. "We are looking for evidence that might help me not be on America's most wanted. This is security footage of someone who cleaned up Oscorp tower of all the shady stuff Harry was into. It was the only few moments that were corrupted, so it's probably the most important. I'm not sure who it is yet, but everyone who is anyone is a suspect. I'll bet it was Hydra.... or the Illuminati themselves!" He said, trailing off on conspiracies that only got wilder and less plausible. sitanomoto sitanomoto

Ivory couldn't stop the giggle that escaped his throat at the initial reaction of Cassie and Finn after he made his poor attempt at a magnet joke, which eventually became a full on laugh once Finn attempted to explain magnets to him, not because he was making fun of Finn or anything (hell, had it been any other time than what it was at that moment Ivory would've stared at Finn dumbfounded) but he had just forgotten how fun it was to talk to everyone! As Finn went on, Ivory had begun to laugh so hard that he had to lay down on the couch for a few moments while he tried to catch his breath. He eventually began to take deep breaths as he sat up, only to find a slice of pizza that he had set down to be missing, a few new people waltz into the room and Finn talking to the odd looking hooded dude, 'Man, I forgot how often odd looking people just waltz into the tower...I missed this so much more than I thought I would...'

Ivory looked around the room with a small smile, his awkward expression now gone
as he began to get much more comfortable around everyone again. He watched as Dawn made a blob of darkness before shooting light daggers into it's chest and 'killing' the blob, which made Ivory snort, a smile still on his face as he did so. Ivory then mumbled to himself "Showoff..." Before turning his head back over to Terry and grabbing an apple from the table, "So uh...Terry, right? I never saw much of you before the whole...well..." Ivory looked down at his shoes for a moment before speaking again, "'Dying but not really dying' thing I guess. So how are you and Cass and everyone? Wait I don't think I'm supposed to say 'and that many times..."

sitanomoto sitanomoto CasualDragon CasualDragon reapertwo reapertwo

"One moment...." Dimitri said, zipping away and returning with a slice of pizza. As he returned, he was mid bite and pacing slowly. "We are looking for evidence that might help me not be on America's most wanted. This is security footage of someone who cleaned up Oscorp tower of all the shady stuff Harry was into. It was the only few moments that were corrupted, so it's probably the most important. I'm not sure who it is yet, but everyone who is anyone is a suspect. I'll bet it was Hydra.... or the Illuminati themselves!" He said, trailing off on conspiracies that only got wilder and less plausible. sitanomoto sitanomoto
Cassie rolled her eyes as she worked on Decrypting the file. It took her a couple of minutes, managing to nearly have it before her holoscreen went static-y. She looked at the screen, brow furrowed, before trying again.
Error.
And again.
Error.
And again.
Error.
Cassie slammed her fist on the desk in frustration before lighting up with an idea. She began to work faster now, removing a specific file and decrypting it.
Decryption Complete.
"FINALLY." Cassie said, laughing. "Harry must have used a double encryption protocol on the original file, then copied it over. I should have tried that in the first place. Man, am I an idiot." She managed to successfully decrypt the final, actual file. "There we go, 'Mitri." She pulled up another holoscreen. "Here's your footage." She pressed play.

(I'll have Terry's post done soon.)

".... Or, and here's my favorite theory, it's myself from the future, but I can't let me see myself in person without causing the universe to explode." Dimitri said, finishing his rant before looking at Cassie, who was done decrypting. "I knew I could count on you! You are LITERALLY the best." Rubbing his hands together in anticipation, he looked to the screen, paying close attention. The footage was grainy, as if it was recorded onto a VHS tape. White lines of static moved up and down periodically. A small, green "person" with yellow eyes and pointy ears crawled out from under one of the desks. He was dressed as if in a Middle Ages fantasy world. After looking around for a while, as if to make sure no one was around, he took off his pointy hat that was almost as tall as he was and faced the hole towards the desk. The desk simultaneously shrunk and zapped into the hole as light was given off. He put the hat on and fixed the feather in it, before noticing the camera facing him. He scurried off camera, and the footage ended. Dimitri was still for a few seconds after the video ended, before speaking. "What... the.... !@#$%"
stephen-nickel-green-concept-1-biggewr.jpg

sitanomoto sitanomoto

".... Or, and here's my favorite theory, it's myself from the future, but I can't let me see myself in person without causing the universe to explode." Dimitri said, finishing his rant before looking at Cassie, who was done decrypting. "I knew I could count on you! You are LITERALLY the best." Rubbing his hands together in anticipation, he looked to the screen, paying close attention. The footage was grainy, as if it was recorded onto a VHS tape. White lines of static moved up and down periodically. A small, green "person" with yellow eyes and pointy ears crawled out from under one of the desks. He was dressed as if in a Middle Ages fantasy world. After looking around for a while, as if to make sure no one was around, he took off his pointy hat that was almost as tall as he was and faced the hole towards the desk. The desk simultaneously shrunk and zapped into the hole as light was given off. He put the hat on and fixed the feather in it, before noticing the camera facing him. He scurried off camera, and the footage ended. Dimitri was still for a few seconds after the video ended, before speaking. "What... the.... !@#$%"
stephen-nickel-green-concept-1-biggewr.jpg

sitanomoto sitanomoto
Cassie watched in fascination. "Well." She said, taking another swig of her soda. "That's something you don't see every day." She was completely calm about the whole thing. "Haven't seen stuff like that since forever."
Lisa looked puzzled. "What the actual hell is that thing?"
"I dunno. Friday?"
"Yes, Boss?"
"Run facial recognition on our little green friend."
"Running facial recognition..... no matches in police database.... no matches in S.H.I.E.L.D. database.... running face match in other security footage....."
"Hey Dimitri, it might be a martian. Or a cryptid!" Cassie said teasingly. "You might just have found the world's tiniest bigfoot!"

Ivory couldn't stop the giggle that escaped his throat at the initial reaction of Cassie and Finn after he made his poor attempt at a magnet joke, which eventually became a full on laugh once Finn attempted to explain magnets to him, not because he was making fun of Finn or anything (hell, had it been any other time than what it was at that moment Ivory would've stared at Finn dumbfounded) but he had just forgotten how fun it was to talk to everyone! As Finn went on, Ivory had begun to laugh so hard that he had to lay down on the couch for a few moments while he tried to catch his breath. He eventually began to take deep breaths as he sat up, only to find a slice of pizza that he had set down to be missing, a few new people waltz into the room and Finn talking to the odd looking hooded dude, 'Man, I forgot how often odd looking people just waltz into the tower...I missed this so much more than I thought I would...'

Ivory looked around the room with a small smile, his awkward expression now gone
as he began to get much more comfortable around everyone again. He watched as Dawn made a blob of darkness before shooting light daggers into it's chest and 'killing' the blob, which made Ivory snort, a smile still on his face as he did so. Ivory then mumbled to himself "Showoff..." Before turning his head back over to Terry and grabbing an apple from the table, "So uh...Terry, right? I never saw much of you before the whole...well..." Ivory looked down at his shoes for a moment before speaking again, "'Dying but not really dying' thing I guess. So how are you and Cass and everyone? Wait I don't think I'm supposed to say 'and that many times..."

sitanomoto sitanomoto CasualDragon CasualDragon reapertwo reapertwo
Terry jumped a little bit when Ivory started talking to him. "Uhh... yeah." He had only met Ivory once, and he knew that Ivory had been one of Cassie's good friends. "I'm fine. Working the STARK industries is a lot to handle. Cassie's.... well.... she's...." He looked away and bit his lip. He looked back at Ivory and then lowered his voice. "To be honest, Cass has been.... out of it, lately. Most days she doesn't even come out of her lab." He didn't go into detail, as it wasn't his place to tell what's been happening with Cassie's emotional state.

Wasp_Andy_Park (1).jpg
(Minus the wings)
Robin returned to the group, her helmet down and her suit on. She stood in front of Finn and Michael, doing a small spin. "How do I look?" She opened her helmet from the front with a grin prominent on her now-exposed face. "Dr. Pym upgraded it for me. I think it looks sleek. Very superhero-y." She put her hands on her hips. "So. Mikey. Where exactly are we gonna duke it out? I don't want to hurt you too bad." She became an entirely different person in the suit. Less timid, more smack-talk, and a brighter and more mischievous grin.

Dimitri fake laughed at Cassie's joke, making it obvious he wasn't excited that he was being played by a tiny monster. "It looks like.... it looks like a real, literal green goblin. In Harry's tower. Covering up his crimes... Well, I for one am headed over there. It likely stays in the building, or else someone would have seen it by now. Who's coming?" He asked the room. sitanomoto sitanomoto

Dawn heard Robin say something about "duking it out" with Micheal. "You two are going to fight each other? Why?" He seemed concerned, as if he didn't know what sparring was.

Michael raised a brow as Robin walked out fully geared up. He scanned her outfit up and down, finding the two shades of red easy on the eyes and the helmet kind of cool. "Well, I must admit you do resemble a superhero. However, you'll need more than looks to best me in combat. So, in other words; you're just gonna embarrass yourself." He smiled cheerfully as he extended his hand out to her. "No hard feelings when I kick your butt, okay? Just a friendly spar."

He turned his head to Dawn once he spoke up. "Well," He began, actually knowing this one. "A spar is simply to test one's skill in combat against a foe. We have no ill intent and is also for a bit of fun. You are welcome to come and watch if you want, maybe take part."

Aedan Corsyll
Aedan grimaced slightly as the inevitable voice of defensiveness disguised as humor and reason rolled from Connor's tongue, though a retort was quick to form, his tongue held firm in-favor of respecting Connor's monologue, he wasn't finished so Aedan continued to keep his ears open, analyzing every word with precise care.

"You and others like you are part of the reason I'm comfortable going out there to do my own thing. I know this place is in good hands."

Though the eye-roll was genuine, Aedan couldn't force himself to be legitimately disappointed. Truth be told he knew this is exactly how the conversation would go, Connor being as stubborn as a mule, misguided into the belief his vigilante action is somehow for the greater good. "Lead the way," Aedan replied briskly, accepting the offer of one final bagel. He made a mental note to get the name of this place before ranting at his friend, these bagels were incredible! With a slight creek, the door to the cafe ushered open, the sounds of light breeze emanating from beyond. Aedan cast a teasing look to Connor, posing like a glorified Butler. "Ladies first, Captain." He was definitely proud of himself for that one.

Transcending the publicity of a local cafeteria for the bustling walkways of New York was hardly an improvement for top-secret discussions with a highly-wanted, notoriously famous symbol of patriotism, but Aedan had a good knack for being wholly impatient and the walk to Connor's place could take a crushingly long time. "You know, you think you're doing the right thing. But you're not, just because your Captain America doesn't mean you get to dictate what is, and isn't, right." Aedan started with reprimand, eyes peeled for prying ears. "You're supposed to represent the best in us, and acting above the Law, getting into televised bouts of destruction which endanger innocents... That's not it. But more than that you've forsaken your friends, when's the last time you visited the others?" It was a harsh question, one best left with a moments silence for full-effect. It was clear Connor wanted to see the Avengers again, but refused himself the opportunity because of a warped moral code. "You haven't, it isn't your call whether we get dragged into this, acting alone like you are is doing more harm than good. "
Crono Crono
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Natalie Strange

"Why on Earth would anyone waste magical talent on getting more customers for a boring accounting job?" Natalie asked with quizzical confusion, eyebrow raised and lips pursed in deep thought. After an obliviously long moment, Natalie straightened herself, chin-raising slightly in judgement. "Well, I'm glad you're not a wizard if accounting is the best you can think of." It then became clear something was amiss, Natalie's eyes widened and she stammered slightly, realizing he'd just asked her name, her name?! Did she come up with a cover name, like, maybe a cool Secret Agent name, that's what Superheroes did, right? Oh oh! She could think of an alias! A superhero alias!

"Uh, I'm... umm... Magic..."

Natalie paused for a moment of deep self-loathing, cursing her awful ability to think on her feet. Who starts off an alias or name with I'm Magic it was ridiculous! Clearly, he knew she was magic after almost being flattened by a poor attempt at enchanted skyboarding. "Natalie. My name's Natalie." She answered in resignation, cheeks tinted-red from slight embarrassment. 'This whole social thing humans do is haard, huh. I should study it some more... To avoid a second incident like this from occurring...' Oh right, manners! "I ah, nice to make your acquaintance, Accountant Perry" Natalie continued with a more jovial tone, even if Perry was only AN accountant, he'd been nice enough so far... Despite his lack of respect for the art of spellcraft.
Pyosimros Pyosimros

Dimitri fake laughed at Cassie's joke, making it obvious he wasn't excited that he was being played by a tiny monster. "It looks like.... it looks like a real, literal green goblin. In Harry's tower. Covering up his crimes... Well, I for one am headed over there. It likely stays in the building, or else someone would have seen it by now. Who's coming?" He asked the room. sitanomoto sitanomoto

Dawn heard Robin say something about "duking it out" with Micheal. "You two are going to fight each other? Why?" He seemed concerned, as if he didn't know what sparring was.
Cassie shook her head and leaned back in her chair. "Dimitri, it would be best if you let me keep decrypting these files. There's some really hidden ones in here, and I don't want you to go running off into who knows where to just get another dead end. Plus, socializing would be good for you, seeing as how you've been on the run."
Lisa nodded. "Let's not go speeding off just yet," She said quietly. "Besides, you haven't gotten to fully tease Cassie about Finn yet, or vice versa." She grinned maliciously at Cassie, who hid herself behind her holoscreen and began to busy herself with decrypting a hidden file.
".....I hate you...." Cassie said quietly to Lisa.

Michael raised a brow as Robin walked out fully geared up. He scanned her outfit up and down, finding the two shades of red easy on the eyes and the helmet kind of cool. "Well, I must admit you do resemble a superhero. However, you'll need more than looks to best me in combat. So, in other words; you're just gonna embarrass yourself." He smiled cheerfully as he extended his hand out to her. "No hard feelings when I kick your butt, okay? Just a friendly spar."

He turned his head to Dawn once he spoke up. "Well," He began, actually knowing this one. "A spar is simply to test one's skill in combat against a foe. We have no ill intent and is also for a bit of fun. You are welcome to come and watch if you want, maybe take part."

Robin looked at Dawn with a dismissive wave. "We aren't angry at each other, don't worry. It's just a.... friendly competition."

"Well, I must admit you do resemble a superhero. However, you'll need more than looks to best me in combat. So, in other words; you're just gonna embarrass yourself. No hard feelings when I kick your butt, okay? Just a friendly spar."

Robin smirked, lowering her mask. "Oh, Am I?" She shook his hand firmly, then stepped back, looking at Finn. "So..... where do we go for this thing?"

Last edited:
Dimitri looked dissatisfied at the two. "Okay, okay I'll stay. I can't believe you aren't interested in that thing. Don't you want to find out how that hat works?" He said to Cassie, pointing at the screen. As Lisa mentioned giving Cassie a hard time, Dimitri smirked. "I would never give her a hard time about this!" As he walked to the main room, he looked back over his shoulder to say. "I'm just excited to see how smart their kids are." Hearing talks of sparring among people he didn't recognize, Dimitri forgot all about his mission and joined the group.

Dawn raised his eyebrows as he heard them talk about how practicing is friendly, rather than serious. "Oh, I see... it's just practice." He turned to Micheal. "No, I couldn't partake. My abilities aren't the kind one is likely to recover from. They're anything but... friendly."
Vsland Vsland sitanomoto sitanomoto

Danny gripped the girl's hand as he shook it, smiling warmly, making sure he examined her armor for any weaknesses. "I believe so, after all...I am the Immortal Iron Fist." He let got of Robin's hand and turned back to Dawn, raising a brow, feeling his blood begin to run through his veins faster. "Is that so? Well, what good are powers if you cannot hit someone with them?" He offered up with a smirk.

"Anyway, yes, where do we spar?" He asked Finn quickly, tapping him on the shoulder.
sitanomoto sitanomoto reapertwo reapertwo CasualDragon CasualDragon

Ivory kept a a small smile as Terry went on about working at Stark and legitimately attempted to show interest in who Terry was and what he did on a regular basis, but it as soon as he mentioned Cassie's emotional state, Ivory froze. He looked towards Terry with concern clear in his eyes and voice, "Um...y-you said Cassie's out of it? I know it's none of my business what so ever, but uh, how out of it is she? Because there've been times when Cass was 'out of it' and caused major damage. I- look I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful or anything but you've gotta know that none of us back then were exactly stable, and when we blew up, we blew up majorly and- God I sound really rude right now just make sure she's okay...alright?"

sitanomoto sitanomoto

The chances of Ivory's laughter being a mocking type laugh were slim but he still felt like he had rambled on a bit too much. His face reddened and he rubbed the back of his neck with a small smile. Meanwhile, Dawn's display of power was impressive. Most people had a little more of one or the other in them which is a part of who they are. Having a fifty fifty split of light and dark in such a raw and powerful form would probably drive most people insane. In a way that kind of described Cloak and Dagger with how they needed each other to balance the other one out. Finn certainly wanted to keep a close eye on Dawn but more so to learn than for any paranoia. He did feel a slight twinge of jealousy seeing others going to spar or even simply being able to demonstrate their abilities but he didn't let it show. He was way past that point.

Robin came in with her costume on and Finn glanced at a clock on the wall briefly. It took a few minutes for heroes to change into their costumes and it was inefficient. He and Cassy, if she wasn't creeped out by him, would have to think of something to help the others change faster. Robin asked where they were going to head but Finn was a little distracted by something that Michael said. "What good are powers if you cannot hit someone with them?" "For some of us it can be dangerous to use our abilities for things like sparing. Dangerous for ourselves and or for the people around us. It does make it difficult to work on improving team combat dynamics but we manage. Speaking of dynamics." He mumbled. "Has anyone seen Connor, Perry, Kat, Joseph, or any others for that matter? Since we're doing this whole reunion thing we might as well go big or go home."

Michael tapped his shoulder and so Finn gestured to the elevator. "Surprise. Now that we're at the top of the building we have to go down. If I remember correctly the training room is in the basement but it could be different. I guess we can start there. I'm going to take the stairs, you can join or take the elevator. Friday will bring you to the correct floor and I'll eventually find you." He wandered over to the stairs. "Friday? If anyone needs us we'll be in the training room. Can you make sure that the next elevator gets there?"

reapertwo reapertwo Loony_Bin Loony_Bin sitanomoto sitanomoto Vsland Vsland

OMQsX6c.png

| CASSANDRA |
"Natalie. My name's Natalie."

"Hmmmm? Natalie, as in Natalie Strange?" Cassandra questioned, acting as if she were apart of the conversation all along. Having just snapped out of her daze, she had hobbled over to Perry and Natalie, only hearing Natalie's introduction. Upon arrival, Cassandra could hear Perry's near inaudible groan - yet she ignored it. She could punch him if he groaned a second time anyways.

Cassandra at this time was more focused on Natalie rather than smooching good grades off Perry. She had some memory of the girl, yet it was extremely minimal. Cassandra recalled seeing her at least once within one of her father's superhero meet-ups, though due to her rather aloof nature in the past, the girl had refrained from speaking to the magician. Shooting up and down Natalie to examine her clothing, the general attire seemed to match that of an overconfident Strange child as well.
TAGS - Archon Archon || LOCATION - Street

"Natalie. My name's Natalie."

"Hmmmm? Natalie, as in Natalie Strange?" Cassandra questioned, acting as if she were apart of the conversation all along. Having just snapped out of her daze, she had hobbled over to Perry and Natalie, only hearing Natalie's introduction. Upon arrival, Cassandra could hear Perry's near inaudible groan - yet she ignored it. She could punch him if he groaned a second time anyways.

Cassandra at this time was more focused on Natalie rather than smooching good grades off Perry. She had some memory of the girl, yet it was extremely minimal. Cassandra recalled seeing her at least once within one of her father's superhero meet-ups, though due to her rather aloof nature in the past, the girl had refrained from speaking to the magician. Shooting up and down Natalie to examine her clothing, the general attire seemed to match that of an overconfident Strange child as well.

"This will be far quicker." Dawn said as he raised his arms, the darkness washing over every person in the room. After about a second, it peeled back away to show they were now in the training room. "I didn't know where it was, but since one of you did, I could come here using your memory."

Dimitri looked around, bewildered. "That didn't make any sense, but it's pretty cool." He then pulled out his phone and texted Cassie, letting her know what happened.
Loony_Bin Loony_Bin CasualDragon CasualDragon sitanomoto sitanomoto Vsland Vsland

Users who are viewing this thread

Back