• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Avengers: Rebooted (Closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Connor wasn't sure of a whole lot currently, but one thing he was sure of was that Alex wouldn't hurt him. So when the cup went whizzing by his head and smashing against the wall behind him, the blonde didn't flinch. Instead just glaring at the man sitting across from him who was yelling about how they deserved it, a man he wasn't sure he recognized anymore. But the moment Alex started tossing out details Connor stood abruptly, chair scratching the hard-wood floor below, he wasn't about to sit here and listen to this. And when his ex mentioned he should leave Connor found himself agreeing, "I think so to." He spoke calm and uncomfortably. Moments ago he'd been considering letting Alex stay, but now he wasn't sure he could handle this. There'd been a time he would have forced Alex to stay, or attempt to, try and talk sense into him. He'd been through all of this before, pulling Alex away from his training and thirst for blood. But not again. "Leaving is what your good at after-all."

Aedan had entered in the ruckus, and he momentarily wondered if his front door was going to be okay. Then explosions, multiple, and he felt the ground beneath give way. The man reached for something to grab onto where there was nothing, until he crashed down onto the kitchen table of the apartment below's kitchen. The wooden furniture snapping into at his impact. The air filled with debris and smoke, ears ringing and disoriented by the blast. Connor coughed with a groan as he sat up, eyes already trying to search out the other two bodies in the room only to be met with light and words. It wasn't hard to decipher it was HYDRA, all things considered he and Alex both were likely up there on their most wanted list. But if they'd somehow been following or tracking the other man to Connor's apartment it made sense for them to make a move, two birds one bomb so to speak.

Bullets started flying and he hadn't the time to react, luckily Aedan had. Though the cry he heard from his friend told him Aedan wouldn't be very useful in a follow-up. Typically speaking it would take a little more time for Connor to build up any sort of use with his ice abilities, especially after the disorientation. However the conversation with Alex had managed to keep his emotions high, which meant his ice was on the tip of his fingers and ready to flow. The downside was that when his ability was triggered by high emotions rather than control, it was all force and little precision or grace.

A small cloudy chilled breath escaped his mouth. Then ice flowed from where his foot was planted on the floor, rapidly spreading forwards at their enemies blocking any exit. It wasn't a smooth surface on the ground it was uneven, the density varied almost like waves on the ocean and even left spots where the ground beneath was visible with no ice. Connor didn't aim for control but speed and force, they needed a moment to regroup and get their bearings. When the ice met with the feet of the soldiers, it would seek to envelope the legs of some, ignore others, and simply give a small sheet easily broken to the rest. It was mainly an attempt to throw them off at the sudden and unexpected show of force from the dazed group.​
D3lmoniko D3lmoniko
Archon Archon

The creature ran through the portal to see Cassie aiming her gauntlet at Natalie. “Oh no.... their Cassie Stark is like ours...” He said to himself. Gulping back fear, he pulled his sword and shield out from his hat and stood at the ready. He knew how outmatched he was, but he couldn’t let her kill Natalie. “Let her go.” His eyes drifted down at his flask. He might have to finally use it. sitanomoto sitanomoto Pyosimros Pyosimros Archon Archon

PERRY PARKER
“Lost.... No I’m not lost, Perry. I just... need directions.... to the avengers. Do they have the avengers here? Please say yes.”

"We have Avengers, and hearing no sounds of explosions from far away, they're probably in Avengers Tower," Perry replied wisely. The little creature may've been some spy for an unknown enemy, looking for the other Avengers though Perry disclosing the information didn't matter too much. If worst comes to worst, in Avengers Tower Perry would have support if the green being was ever any trouble.

This meant nothing however, as Perry still had no intention in taking it to the tower, even if it could easily reach the building himself. He began thinking of plans; a diversion, telling it that he was running off elsewhere, and hundreds of other options began circling Perry's head, though none of these were used as soon as a magical portal came to view.

Perry looked to his left and saw a gaping hole in the air, likely a product of Natalie's anger - though he was focused elsewhere during it. Natalie went through the portal first, and in under ten seconds he heard the loud blaring of alarms.

INTRUDER ALERT! INTRUDER ALERT!

Following the goblin, Perry and Cassandra rushed into the portal. Instantly they were moved to somewhere within Avengers Tower, likely Cassie's workshop...considering three suits piling onto Natalie. On the opposing end of the room was Cassie in full attack mode, and to his right he saw the goblin prepared for battle as well.

"Heyheyhey everyone calm down!" Perry exclaimed, wildly moving his arms to motion various symbols for "no". "We only came to talk (hopefully)! And uhm....Cass, it's nice to see you again too!"

sitanomoto sitanomoto Archon Archon reapertwo reapertwo

Natalie yelped in surprise, the imposing metallic suite springing to life before her with hostile purpose. Before she could even think clearly again, unfathomably strong steel bound her hands tight and she hit the floor not a moment later as a sharp pain shot through her legs. Every ounce of air fled her lungs at the impact and she felt herself wheeze hoarsely, the hazy vision now flooding her eyesight wasn't a welcome addition to the day.

"WHO AM I?!" She cursed in pained response. "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?! AND WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" Natalie demanded aggressively, struggling against the machinations that held her down. "UNHAND ME!" She shut her eyes tight and tried to focus, though she couldn't move her hands she beckoned the power within to ooze out in response to the attack, a lime green mist formed subtly around her hands and began to slowly spread across the first bot like plague, eating away at it's metallic skeleton like acid to flesh. The strength of it's grip wavered as the fog seeped into the suit, eating the circuitry away. As soon as the grip went limp and the robot shut down Natalie used her now-free hands to surround her still-grounded body in a force-field that pushed the other two bots back without harm.

"She's crazy!" Natalie shrieked in response to the Goblin and Perry, she keeled in a combative stance as if nothing had happened, but the position proved she couldn't even stand. She felt her insides churning in despair, beckoning her to curl into a ball and sleep, her lungs felt squashed and she struggled to properly breath.
sitanomoto sitanomoto reapertwo reapertwo Pyosimros Pyosimros

The creature ran through the portal to see Cassie aiming her gauntlet at Natalie. “Oh no.... their Cassie Stark is like ours...” He said to himself. Gulping back fear, he pulled his sword and shield out from his hat and stood at the ready. He knew how outmatched he was, but he couldn’t let her kill Natalie. “Let her go.” His eyes drifted down at his flask. He might have to finally use it. sitanomoto sitanomoto Pyosimros Pyosimros Archon Archon
PERRY PARKER
“Lost.... No I’m not lost, Perry. I just... need directions.... to the avengers. Do they have the avengers here? Please say yes.”

"We have Avengers, and hearing no sounds of explosions from far away, they're probably in Avengers Tower," Perry replied wisely. The little creature may've been some spy for an unknown enemy, looking for the other Avengers though Perry disclosing the information didn't matter too much. If worst comes to worst, in Avengers Tower Perry would have support if the green being was ever any trouble.

This meant nothing however, as Perry still had no intention in taking it to the tower, even if it could easily reach the building himself. He began thinking of plans; a diversion, telling it that he was running off elsewhere, and hundreds of other options began circling Perry's head, though none of these were used as soon as a magical portal came to view.

Perry looked to his left and saw a gaping hole in the air, likely a product of Natalie's anger - though he was focused elsewhere during it. Natalie went through the portal first, and in under ten seconds he heard the loud blaring of alarms.

INTRUDER ALERT! INTRUDER ALERT!

Following the goblin, Perry and Cassandra rushed into the portal. Instantly they were moved to somewhere within Avengers Tower, likely Cassie's workshop...considering three suits piling onto Natalie. On the opposing end of the room was Cassie in full attack mode, and to his right he saw the goblin prepared for battle as well.

"Heyheyhey everyone calm down!" Perry exclaimed, wildly moving his arms to motion various symbols for "no". "We only came to talk (hopefully)! And uhm....Cass, it's nice to see you again too!"

Natalie yelped in surprise, the imposing metallic suite springing to life before her with hostile purpose. Before she could even think clearly again, unfathomably strong steel bound her hands tight and she hit the floor not a moment later as a sharp pain shot through her legs. Every ounce of air fled her lungs at the impact and she felt herself wheeze hoarsely, the hazy vision now flooding her eyesight wasn't a welcome addition to the day.

"WHO AM I?!" She cursed in pained response. "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?! AND WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" Natalie demanded aggressively, struggling against the machinations that held her down. "UNHAND ME!" She shut her eyes tight and tried to focus, though she couldn't move her hands she beckoned the power within to ooze out in response to the attack, a lime green mist formed subtly around her hands and began to slowly spread across the first bot like plague, eating away at it's metallic skeleton like acid to flesh. The strength of it's grip wavered as the fog seeped into the suit, eating the circuitry away. As soon as the grip went limp and the robot shut down Natalie used her now-free hands to surround her still-grounded body in a force-field that pushed the other two bots back without harm.

"She's crazy!" Natalie shrieked in response to the Goblin and Perry, she keeled in a combative stance as if nothing had happened, but the position proved she couldn't even stand. She felt her insides churning in despair, beckoning her to curl into a ball and sleep, her lungs felt squashed and she struggled to properly breath.
sitanomoto sitanomoto reapertwo reapertwo Pyosimros Pyosimros
First was the tiny green ting that made Cassie do a double-take. "You!" She said in surprise, recognizing the miniature creature immediately.

"Let her go."

Cassie shook her head with a scoff. "HECK No! Not until I--"

Then Perry was through the portal, and waving his arms dramatically through the air.

"We only came to talk (hopefully)! And uhm... Cass, it's nice to see you again too!"

Cassie rolled her eyes. "Perry, if you wanted to talk to me you could have--"

"WHO AM I?! WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?! AND WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!"

Cassie chuckled, finding the new girl's ignorance rather cute. Then Cassie's suit began to crumble, the bulky man-looking one, and Cassie groaned. "I was fixing that!" She complained.

"She's crazy!"

This made Cassie stop dead in her tracks. "I'm crazy? I'M CRAZY?" Cassie yelled. "You were the one who broke into my lab and disintigrated one of my suits!!! Which, I might add, costs over TWO MILLION DOLLARS!!! THERE'S SUCH A THING CALLED A FRONT DOOR, YOU KNOW!!!" She slammed her fist on the table, causing the tools on it to rattle. She took a deep breath, calming herself down. "Now," she continued, dangerously quiet. "Tell me.... what exactly was it that you wanted that was so important that you just had to intrude on my time?" Cassie's gauntlet powered down, and her two remaining suits went to stand behind her.

“It’s Cassie Stark. Daughter of Iron Man... if all is the same here.” He answered Natalie as she screamed in confusion. They hadn’t met yet?

He breathed a sigh of relief as he saw Perry’s reaction to all of this. It seemed like Cassie wasn’t evil after all. “I need the Avengers.” He answered, putting his sword and shield away in his hat and showing his hands as if to say he doesn’t want to fight. “There is a whole world who needs them.” He walked over to Natalie and gave her his flask. “Only take a sip.” He has obtained this flask from his home world. It could heal minor injuries and such, but it tasted indescribably bad.

“But first...” He turned back to Cassie. “Was there a war between the Avengers in recent years?” sitanomoto sitanomoto Pyosimros Pyosimros Archon Archon

Natalie simply pulled her nose up in response to Cassie's anger, letting out a disapproving snort whilst simultaneously dusting herself down. For the first time ever, she realized her dad was right. She should've studied the Avengers in the weeks she had to prepare, instead of burying her face in more books. If she'd had it her way, she wouldn't be here it all. Isolation was preferable to mingling with lesser beings.

Quite content to let the beastly little thing monologue with Avengers' Tower's unstable leader, the Sorceress ignored Cassie's direct demand and snatched the flask from goblin guy. After letting her magic seep serenely into the bottle, momentarily in search of dangerous toxins, the liquid glowed a vibrant blue. Now knowing the flask wasn't filled with dangerous poison, she lifted it to her lips and took a small sip, as suggested, before handing the bottle back a little recklessly. At least the healing concoction didn't taste nearly as vile as she'd expected. the properties coursed through her veins leaving a slightly euphoric feeling in it's wake.

She let out an exhalation of relief, grateful to have air flowing freely into her lungs again. Then, she heard mention of a war between the Avengers, something clicked and she recalled a lecture from her father explaining a Civil War as such, though like usual, she was hardly listening.

"Oh, that's right. There are no Avengers." Natalie folded her arms in a passive aggressive manner. "How very... disappointing."
Pyosimros Pyosimros sitanomoto sitanomoto reapertwo reapertwo

Joseph Barton

Joseph pulled a light face at the lightly apologetic comment, of course two yeas was nothing to an Asgardian. Asgardians lived like turtles! 100's and 100's and 100's of years... Probably longer than turtles, but the point stood; two years was no more than a month-or-so to her. Luckily, Joseph's nerves were kick-started by his natural attention-span to her honest inquiry, he suddenly forgot all the intricate little details between the two in favour of rambling on.

"Trying?" Joseph echoed back with an amused grin, he could see the insincerity in the statement without actually seeing her, it was great.

"But me? Oh, well I..." Joseph paused, he eyed at the room with an overwhelming influx of disdain. "I've been doing... nothing. Absolutely nothing, it sucks. After everyone hung up the costumes, things got real boring, real fast. I did watch an awesome movie last week, though! Brainbusters 2, where these enormous machines controlled by alien-brains invade Earth to drain its recourses but are fought back by a valiant group of supers, my favourite being Caitlyn, she's a sorceress." Joseph finished with a smile, eager to continue the conversation.

Not that he expected her compliance for long, Kat had proven time-and-time again that she fits the definition of elusive, he didn't for a second consider the call to be anything but genuine, she wasn't a manipulative, evil, scary sorceress! That was silly, right? He hoped she was calling because -- maybe like him -- she wanted a friend, not that he didn't think she had friends but... No, that's precisely what Joseph's verdict was; a Child of Loki, Asgardian, Sorceress, on Earth?

It was obvious Joseph liked her as more than a friend, but that didn't matter, it was selfish; Kat on the other hand, probably needed a friend. Even if she refused to acknowledge the fact herself.

Kat gave a light laugh as he repeated her own words back at her. "Well, nobody's perfect."

Listening Joseph talk about his life after everything she felt a pang of guilt. Of course it had been easy for her to disappear and do whatever it was she wanted but for most that wasn't such an option. Selfish. She brushed off the thought and instead kept up the light-hearted talk. "I'm not sure, all sounds very unrealistic, I mean alien invasions? Powered individuals fighting in the name of humanity? And a sorceress being anything but bad news? How could anyone endure such fantasy? No, it simply won't do. I think someone needs to remind you of the awful real world."

"So Joseph Barton, limited time offer on an unlimited ticket - where on this strange Earth do you want to go? Think as big or as small as you like, I have all day and am quite good at persuading others." She honestly had no idea what he would come out with - the cafe two minutes away or Buckingham Palace were both equally likely in her eyes. Either way, she couldn't see what harm it could do. Unless he'd undergone a serious personalty change in the last couple of years it could very well be ridiculous - but completely harmless.

Archon Archon

"What?" Joseph blinked several times, an ambivalent expression fixed on his face as his brain wrestled with the offer she sprung upon him. Whatever nerd-out he was previously having drowned in a moment of panic, he needed to shower, he needed to shave! As the gravity of the situation became just a little more oppressing, an audible thumping resounded from the door. "Mr Joseph Barton, please, open the door!" Squinting his eyes in repeatedly to wish the tiredness away, dashing into the kitchen he almost tripped reaching for the tap, spurring it on and attempting to waterboard himself in earnest. "Be right with you!" Joseph yelled with double meaning, loud enough for the knocker--and Kat--to hear clearly.

"Clothes, clothes, clothes, I need clothes!" Joseph chastised himself for his lazyness, eyeing the large mound of grimy fabric pooled in-front of the washing machine. "Mr Barton!" A second shout came, causing Joseph to grip his head in silent terror. "Hold on, dude! I'm coming!" Grabbing a nearby towel which granted some level of modesty, Joseph wrapped himself into a cocoon before approaching the door, grabbing the phone as he passed. "Please hold, I'll be one moment! I think it's a fan, no rest for the wicked, right?" He barked into the phone quickly, before putting it on mute and cringing immensely at his current appearance. Here goes nothing... The door was opened with a slow pull, and the bowslinger did his best to hide the red-tint of shame painting his cheeks.

"Uh, are you lost?" Joseph asked quizzically, spying the overly fancy suit before him, flanked between two larger and much less fancy individuals.

"Ah, Mr Barton, I'm here to collect your rent."

"What?"

"Your rent, Mr Barton. It's 8 months overdue."

"But I don't have anything!" The younger adult barked out in defense, wanting to gesture erratically but held back by the greater need of holding the towel.

The well-dressed individual did fold his arms however, a piercing gaze boring into Joseph's eyes with contempt. "Then you will understand when I say, you have 24 hours to vacate the premises." The man sneered, and signaled to the larger men--clearly bailiffs--to enter. "Your eviction is effective immediately."

"That's illegal!" Joseph gawked back, at a loss for a clever comment or witty retort given the trying circumstances.

"On the contrary, Mr Barton. The warning of your impending eviction was dispatched 2 months ago. It's quite legal."

With a dumbfounded look, Joseph just scratched his head in confusion. "It was?" He asked rhetorically, now realizing that, yes, it was important to go through the mail.

Spinning on his feet, the former hero felt completely resigned to his fate as the bailiffs did an adequate job of squeezing his shabby little rail-side home for all it's worth. Which wasn't a lot.

"Okay, uh, have fun! I have a date~" Leaving the sentence on a sing-song note, he did reap some satisfaction from the increasingly puzzled expression on the Suit's face. Dashing up the stairs and leaping into the bedroom, Joseph practically launched himself at the wardrobe to reveal a sight he hadn't gazed at in over a year. A symbol of who he was, Precision. "Sorry for leaving you in here buddy." He pulled the suit out and judged it to be a better alternative than a towel, before he spied the bow buried behind it. A smirk crossed his lips at the sight, but so did a certain discomfort at what he'd become since hanging the bow up. Not that it ever meant anything, like he'd naively thought.
__

"Please still be there, please still be there..." Joseph muttered, unmuting the phone and now dressed in his old uniform which was not at all fitting for a vacation anywhere that wasn't a war-zone. but war zones sucked. "Sooo only Earth?" Joseph asked nonchalantly, resuming the conversation. "No Asgard? Maybe a trip to the moon? I hear space looks lovely this time of year." He gave himself a mental high-five for that, but dropped the humor for a long moment to think, where would Kat go? "Either somewhere very warm, or very cold. Norway or Mexico. Ball's in your court, Asgardian."
Lemoncakes Lemoncakes

Natalie simply pulled her nose up in response to Cassie's anger, letting out a disapproving snort whilst simultaneously dusting herself down. For the first time ever, she realized her dad was right. She should've studied the Avengers in the weeks she had to prepare, instead of burying her face in more books. If she'd had it her way, she wouldn't be here it all. Isolation was preferable to mingling with lesser beings.

Quite content to let the beastly little thing monologue with Avengers' Tower's unstable leader, the Sorceress ignored Cassie's direct demand and snatched the flask from goblin guy. After letting her magic seep serenely into the bottle, momentarily in search of dangerous toxins, the liquid glowed a vibrant blue. Now knowing the flask wasn't filled with dangerous poison, she lifted it to her lips and took a small sip, as suggested, before handing the bottle back a little recklessly. At least the healing concoction didn't taste nearly as vile as she'd expected. the properties coursed through her veins leaving a slightly euphoric feeling in it's wake.

She let out an exhalation of relief, grateful to have air flowing freely into her lungs again. Then, she heard mention of a war between the Avengers, something clicked and she recalled a lecture from her father explaining a Civil War as such, though like usual, she was hardly listening.

"Oh, that's right. There are no Avengers." Natalie folded her arms in a passive aggressive manner. "How very... disappointing."
Pyosimros Pyosimros sitanomoto sitanomoto reapertwo reapertwo
“It’s Cassie Stark. Daughter of Iron Man... if all is the same here.” He answered Natalie as she screamed in confusion. They hadn’t met yet?

He breathed a sigh of relief as he saw Perry’s reaction to all of this. It seemed like Cassie wasn’t evil after all. “I need the Avengers.” He answered, putting his sword and shield away in his hat and showing his hands as if to say he doesn’t want to fight. “There is a whole world who needs them.” He walked over to Natalie and gave her his flask. “Only take a sip.” He has obtained this flask from his home world. It could heal minor injuries and such, but it tasted indescribably bad.

“But first...” He turned back to Cassie. “Was there a war between the Avengers in recent years?” sitanomoto sitanomoto Pyosimros Pyosimros Archon Archon

Cassie snorted at Natalie's own turn up of her nose. Who did this girl think she was?

"Oh, that's right. There are no Avengers. How very... disappointing."

Cassie let the insult slide right off of her back with a sneer. She was used to this type of behavior, having dealt with beings like this her entire career. "Yeah, we disbanded a long time ago. Or did you not hear? No, I expect you didn't, seeing as how you apparently have more important things to attend to stuff like your magic studies, you amateur little Hermione Granger." The sneer spread wider accross her face. "Its rather pitiful, really. I can actually smell the magic inexperience on you."

She turned to the little green thing. "Yeah, like she said, we disbanded a while ago, for the best." She shrugged. "If you wanted our help you'd have to recruit each of us individually. I haven't really done any heroing in a while, unfortunately."

She turned around and dismissed her suits, which went back to their stands, then grabbed another Dr. Pepper from the mini fridge behind her.

The explosion made Alex jump on the ground. The sudden sound caused a ringing in his ears that only grew in intensity. The sound caused some memories to surface, some brief flashes. Him holding a gun up to a sort-of mirror, then water being thrown in his face and things shouted at him in russian, the feeling himself drowning in a tube, looking at some scientists nodding. The ringing subsided, but it threw Alex into a fight-or-flight attitude.

Jumping up, he looked at the others and at the stopped bullets. Lunging forward, he pushed the riffle of one of the soldiers to the side, kicking his leg so hard the bone snaps, the edges sticking out from the back of the leg. Alex didn't let the soldier remain conscious too much, decking him before he could scream. Not wasting any time, he lunged at a second one, headbutting then punching him in the solar plexus with his metal arm, the cracking of the rib cage making itself heard.

This Alex seemed more primal and more violent in his moves. He even bared his teeth at the HYDRA soldiers, showing his clear intention. Alex didn't want to take prisoners. Pinning one to the wall, he started to pummel the helmet until blood seemed to seep from it, staining his clothes and his metal arm. He let go of the body, it slowly slumping and falling down with a thud. "Get a piece of the action until I finish them all!" Alex let out a speech that sounded full of anger and aggressively.

Crono Crono Archon Archon

“Please don’t fight!” The goblin stood in between Cassie and Natalie, looking back and forth to both of them. “This is important! You have to help us because it could’ve been you...” He calmed himself, taking a deep breath before continuing. “There are other universes. Some so close to this one, you couldn’t even tell. Mine had a civil war too.” He took his hat off and pulled out a piece of metal in the shape of a jagged slice of pizza. When he turned it over, it was revealed to have stripes of red and white on the outside, blue on the inside, and a partial five point star in the middle. “It didn’t end well.” Dropping the shard on the ground with a loud clang, he continued. “America is led by one man now. I need help bringing him and his friends down. One of them... is our Cassie Stark. I understand if you want no part of this.”

"Cute." Natalie muttered with a taunting smirk, the words washing over her like water crashing against rocks. Her eyes angled down to the metallic remnants of the melted suit, her smirk widening even more. "What would an unstable little girl like you do without her precious metal toys?" Natalie stepped forward, holding her disarming smirk but the anger in her eyes boiled like wildfire. "You call yourself a hero? It's laughable. The people no longer look to you for guidance. They've forsaken you for the mad little hermit you are! And your team of Avengers? dissolved into nothing." Natalie's pose darkened and a glare settled meanly on her face. "All because of you."

Natalie began to feel a second helping of adrenaline course through her veins, the familiar build up of magic threatening to burst from her system. However, before Natalie's next provocative step came, her attention was snatched--and the preparation for battle robbed--by the increasingly irritant goblin. Though the tension was still high, the sorceress groaned with a roll of her eyes. "Yes, yes. There are countless alternate Universes and nothing good comes from meddling with them!" Natalie chastised in response. It was her attitude, but her father's words. He would never approve.
sitanomoto sitanomoto

“Please don’t fight!” The goblin stood in between Cassie and Natalie, looking back and forth to both of them. “This is important! You have to help us because it could’ve been you...” He calmed himself, taking a deep breath before continuing. “There are other universes. Some so close to this one, you couldn’t even tell. Mine had a civil war too.” He took his hat off and pulled out a piece of metal in the shape of a jagged slice of pizza. When he turned it over, it was revealed to have stripes of red and white on the outside, blue on the inside, and a partial five point star in the middle. “It didn’t end well.” Dropping the shard on the ground with a loud clang, he continued. “America is led by one man now. I need help bringing him and his friends down. One of them... is our Cassie Stark. I understand if you want no part of this.”
"Cute." Natalie muttered with a taunting smirk, the words washing over her like water crashing against rocks. Her eyes angled down to the metallic remnants of the melted suit, her smirk widening even more. "What would an unstable little girl like you do without her precious metal toys?" Natalie stepped forward, holding her disarming smirk but the anger in her eyes boiled like wildfire. "You call yourself a hero? It's laughable. The people no longer look to you for guidance. They've forsaken you for the mad little hermit you are! And your team of Avengers? dissolved into nothing." Natalie's pose darkened and a glare settled meanly on her face. "All because of you."

Natalie began to feel a second helping of adrenaline course through her veins, the familiar build up of magic threatening to burst from her system. However, before Natalie's next provocative step came, her attention was snatched--and the preparation for battle robbed--by the increasingly irritant goblin. Though the tension was still high, the sorceress groaned with a roll of her eyes. "Yes, yes. There are countless alternate Universes and nothing good comes from meddling with them!" Natalie chastised in response. It was her attitude, but her father's words. He would never approve.
sitanomoto sitanomoto
Cassie heard the clang on the floor and looked down, paling immediately. "Is that...." she looked back up at the tiny green being. "C-connor?" She knelt and picked it up, setting the bottle of soda down and gently running her fingers over the star. Her breathing all but came to a halt as she set it down on the table, staring at it as she put a hand over her mouth.

Then Natalie spoke.

"What would an unstable little girl like you do without her precious metal toys? You call yourself a hero? It's laughable. The people no longer look to you for guidance. They've forsaken you for the mad little hermit you are! And your team of Avengers? dissolved into nothing."

She paused, and Cassie's aqua blue eyes flashed with anger.

" All because of you."

Cassie laughed quietly. "And what would a self-centered brat like you know about heroing? You've probably never helped a person a day in your life, and if you have, it was only for your own self-gain." She turned away from Natalie and walked over to one of her suits, gently caressing her hand over the grooves in the metal.

" The only reason the Avengers disbanded," Cassie continued quietly, a razor’s edge to her voice, warning Natalie to stop before the Stark girl was pushed too far, "was because we all decided it was for the best."She turned back around. "All of us. Me. Connor. Dimitri. Perry. Finn. We all took a look at what we were doing and decided the world no longer needed the Avengers. I disappeared from the public's eyes because it's what was best for them. Everything I did was for the people. None of it was for me. Most of it pained me, actually. I had to give up what I really loved doing. But what would you know about sacrifice for the greater good?" Her eyes landed back on the little goblin. "I might be interested. I'd like to fight someone evenly matched with me for a change." Cassie said with a half-grin.

PERRY PARKER
Perry felt a light jab to his ribs.

"Perry, do something," Cassandra whispered through her teeth, her eyes filled with worry. He couldn't blame her. Both Natalie and Cassie seemed as though at any moment they would turn their banter to a battle.

"Can't you do something? You're more bitc-...firmer person."

"I barely know Cassie! How'll I help? Also--I'll forget what you were going to say."

"Fine," Perry answered dejectedly, finishing the conversation. He shifted towards Natalie and Cassie, and their bickering seemed to be even worse compared to when he had focused on them previously. Perry opened his mouth to speak, though his words were instead replaced by observation as the creature defused the situation.

He produced some sort of metal from his hat, and within it it displayed an images reminiscent of an American flag. His eyes narrowed and the creature began to speak of alternate universes. Perry knew there were alternate universes in existence--his father told a story of when he previously fought alongside versions of himself.

"So--what's happening in this alternate universe exactly?" Perry questioned, his curiosity peaked.

Terry gulped. GOSH FREAKING DARNIT TERRY YOU IDIOT He yelled at himself mentally. STOP SAYING TOO MUCH. His face paled as he tried to put words together. "I-it's n-n-not my place to say.... I mean... She's not th-that-- What I mean is-- shit... Um... You'd be better off asking h-her..." His voice cracked throughout the entire stammering episode. He realized how stupid he must have sounded, and a furious blush appeared on his cheeks

Ivory puffed out his cheeks and slowly blew the air out of them, "Well of course I know I should tell Cassie, it's just- " Ivory sighed, "I kinda don't want to confront anyone at the moment, I dunno...I just kinda feel like I let everyone down somehow. Like, maybe if hadn't left maybe everyone would've stayed together and stayed friends and stuff, and there's so much that's happened since I left that it's just.-maybe nobody wants me here anymore..."

Ivory stared intensely at his shoes for a few seconds in thought, becoming much more interested in those for a moment rather than Terry. He stared at the designs at his beat up old Converse for a few seconds, noticing the dirt and grime on the white parts if the shoe, the Sharpied on logo, the shaking souls- wait a second...why was his shoe shaking?

Ivory looked towards the general direction of the training room as the brief shaking stopped,
"Um...is that shaking some new feature you guys installed in the tower for kicks?"

The goblins eyes widened when Cassie mentioned Dimitri. “I assumed... he would be dead here.... Dimitri Maximoff is who we need to kill. He’s the “president” in our world. Although he’s more like a dictator.” He said, rubbing the back of his neck. “We can’t bring yours. I’m sorry, but I can’t trust him after what his doppelgänger did. He murdered so many of his old teammates... who knows, he might even join and fight against us.”

He turned to look at Perry after hearing his question. “Dimitri won the war. It was join his “Special Ops”, or go to jail for all who wanted to keep helping people. After they broke out of any place he could put them, he had them killed instead. The public hates him, but there’s nothing they can do.” He paused for a moment. “There may be some smaller differences between here and there, but I couldn’t tell you what they are because I don’t know this dimension all that well.”

Where there had been no one there was now someone, and it was to his shock that he ended up being flipped onto his back. Where had she even come from? And how could someone so small manage to flip him onto his back? His landing managed to both knock his head painfully against the ground as well as irritate the spot where the other person had punched him earlier. It was the two combined that did him in. Having not transformed into this ungodly form in quite some time Finn had built up quite a tolerance of holding it back. The two injuries combined were just enough to allow him to regain control. Still dazed, Smasher barely fought back while Finn took over and shrunk back down to normal size. If the pain was bad before it was one hundred times worse now. His head throbbed and there was a strong ringing in his ears. The punch made his whole body ache but especially his spinal area. He rolled onto his side and dry heaved from the pain a few times, spots dancing in his eyes. This ranked quite high on the list of things that have hurt extremely bad. "Sorry." He croaked out.

sitanomoto sitanomoto Vsland Vsland reapertwo reapertwo (Alrighty that's done. On to the real plot now)

Kat just smiled to herself as she heard the faint confusion that began on the other end of the phone. Putting the line on loud speaker she placed the phone on the side so she'd be able to here when Joseph finished, well, whatever it was that he was doing, and cleared up after herself. Finishing her coffee, she pulled her hair up into a ponytail as she disappeared into her bedroom.

Reappearing a short moment later but now dressed, she heard Joseph beginning to call out to her again. "I'm here to show you a good time, not get you killed, and the odds remain much more in my favour if we stay on this Earth." She knew him, she knew he was teasing, but there was still some truth in her words. Asgard was - Asgard, and the moon and space were big and empty and dangerous. He'd managed to survive Earth so far, so it was a safer bet. "I'm not so much a fan of the very warm, so Norway it is. I hope you're ready." She hung up the line, ignoring his final word to her.

A short moment later Kat was outside his door. She only gave a small knock, she doubted he would be hesitating. Looking down the hallway she saw a suited man walking the other way, unhappily by the looks of it.

Archon Archon

Suddenly, in the training room a sound like lightning was heard as a flat circular object appeared upright. Colors and random patterns showed themselves on its surface, until a figure walked through. It looked to be someone who looked exactly like Dimitri. He was more muscular, more solemn looking, wore a business suit, and had his hair slicked back, but otherwise was indistinguishable. He smiled in a very fake looking way, before straightening his tie and speaking. “I can’t usually trust that machine as to where I’m going to end up, but if there’s a lot of gamma radiation, it’s easier to triangulate. Hello everyone, my name is Dimitri Maximoff.” Alternate Dimitri said, as he looked everyone in the room up and down. sitanomoto sitanomoto Vsland Vsland CasualDragon CasualDragon

Ivory puffed out his cheeks and slowly blew the air out of them, "Well of course I know I should tell Cassie, it's just- " Ivory sighed, "I kinda don't want to confront anyone at the moment, I dunno...I just kinda feel like I let everyone down somehow. Like, maybe if hadn't left maybe everyone would've stayed together and stayed friends and stuff, and there's so much that's happened since I left that it's just.-maybe nobody wants me here anymore..."

Ivory stared intensely at his shoes for a few seconds in thought, becoming much more interested in those for a moment rather than Terry. He stared at the designs at his beat up old Converse for a few seconds, noticing the dirt and grime on the white parts if the shoe, the Sharpied on logo, the shaking souls- wait a second...why was his shoe shaking?

Ivory looked towards the general direction of the training room as the brief shaking stopped,
"Um...is that shaking some new feature you guys installed in the tower for kicks?"
Terry reached out as if to put his hand on Ivory's shoulder, but then thought better of it and awkwardly put it in his own lap. "Everyone's.... Everyone's on good terms with each other, actually.... It's not your fault...."
Cassie had lamented on more than one occasion about the Avengers going their separate ways. Never once had she blamed Ivory for it. She actually wondered, briefly and in passing, about how Ivory was doing, before moving back on to tinkering with her suit. When asked about it, she had smiled and just shook her head.

Um...is that shaking some new feature you guys installed in the tower for kicks?

"No, but I expect it's the others using the Training room." He shrugged. "We are dealing with a few super powered people, to be fair." He twiddled his thumbs. "Besides, the room was designed by Cassie and me to be indestructible. I'm sure everything's fine."

Where there had been no one there was now someone, and it was to his shock that he ended up being flipped onto his back. Where had she even come from? And how could someone so small manage to flip him onto his back? His landing managed to both knock his head painfully against the ground as well as irritate the spot where the other person had punched him earlier. It was the two combined that did him in. Having not transformed into this ungodly form in quite some time Finn had built up quite a tolerance of holding it back. The two injuries combined were just enough to allow him to regain control. Still dazed, Smasher barely fought back while Finn took over and shrunk back down to normal size. If the pain was bad before it was one hundred times worse now. His head throbbed and there was a strong ringing in his ears. The punch made his whole body ache but especially his spinal area. He rolled onto his side and dry heaved from the pain a few times, spots dancing in his eyes. This ranked quite high on the list of things that have hurt extremely bad. "Sorry." He croaked out.

sitanomoto sitanomoto Vsland Vsland reapertwo reapertwo (Alrighty that's done. On to the real plot now)
Suddenly, in the training room a sound like lightning was heard as a flat circular object appeared upright. Colors and random patterns showed themselves on its surface, until a figure walked through. It looked to be someone who looked exactly like Dimitri. He was more muscular, more solemn looking, wore a business suit, and had his hair slicked back, but otherwise was indistinguishable. He smiled in a very fake looking way, before straightening his tie and speaking. “I can’t usually trust that machine as to where I’m going to end up, but if there’s a lot of gamma radiation, it’s easier to triangulate. Hello everyone, my name is Dimitri Maximoff.” Alternate Dimitri said, as he looked everyone in the room up and down. sitanomoto sitanomoto Vsland Vsland CasualDragon CasualDragon
Robin panted, doubled over, as Finn turned back into his little old self. And she did mean little. Compared to Smasher, he was teeny tiny. She took a few deep breaths and straightened up.

"Sorry."

Robin raised her mask, concerned. "Oh my gosh, I'm sorry...." She walked over and offered Finn her hand. "You alright?"

Lisa smiled at the other girl's kindness. "She has spirit, that one..." She murmured to Dimitri.

Then the portal opened, and Other Dimitri stepped through, confusing the heck out of Robin.

"Ummmm.... What??" She said, looking from Dimitri to dimension Dimitri and back again, bewildered, but never removing her offered hand to Finn. "But he's.... there... And..." She looked back to the Dimitri standing by Lisa before something clicked. "Hank was right...." she whispered, breathless. "The parallel dimensions.... they're real..."

Lisa stepped closer to her Dimitri, taking his hand, entwining it in hers. "What??" She whispered.
The goblins eyes widened when Cassie mentioned Dimitri. “I assumed... he would be dead here.... Dimitri Maximoff is who we need to kill. He’s the “president” in our world. Although he’s more like a dictator.” He said, rubbing the back of his neck. “We can’t bring yours. I’m sorry, but I can’t trust him after what his doppelgänger did. He murdered so many of his old teammates... who knows, he might even join and fight against us.”

He turned to look at Perry after hearing his question. “Dimitri won the war. It was join his “Special Ops”, or go to jail for all who wanted to keep helping people. After they broke out of any place he could put them, he had them killed instead. The public hates him, but there’s nothing they can do.” He paused for a moment. “There may be some smaller differences between here and there, but I couldn’t tell you what they are because I don’t know this dimension all that well.”
Cassie looked at the little green thing sideways. "So you can't trust my friend, because he's evil over.... there. And yet you can trust me, even though I'm also evil over there? Presumably, I have also killed people. Presumably, I am also an insane psychopathic dictator. Why come to me and trust me if you don't trust the person I'm vouching for that I've known since childhood?" Her tone was doubting, but at the same time, curious. It lost the hostile note that it held when addressing Natalie.
Archon Archon

Cassie was right, and the goblin knew it. He was making an emotional decision out of his fear for the alternate Dimitri, not out of reason. “You aren’t like him. He fought in your universe and mine in the war. The only difference is mine was able to win. But... if you can vouch for him... I suppose I could trust you. Where is everyone else?”

Dawn looked down as if ashamed, when he heard Finn apologize. “No... I’m sorry. I didn’t know my portal would do that to you... I put everyone in danger-” He was cut off my the other Dimitri coming from the portal.

Dimitri squeezed Lisa’s hand before whispering back. “I don’t know.” He shifted so that his shoulder was in front of her’s, not even realizing that he did it.

The other Dimitri began pacing as he spoke, holding his hands behind his back. “I came here for... a fair warning. Someone-, or rather something will soon be here to knock at your door, asking for help. Against me, specifically. Don’t do it. If any of you come to my world, you will probably die, plain and simple. Don’t assume I am like your clearly incompetent Dimitri, with his weaknesses or limits. You should stay and mind your own chaotic dimension. After all, what happens to this world if you all die?” He looked up after hearing them whisper in amazement. “Oh... you hadn’t even heard of dimensions have you? That is adorable.”

Our Dimitri rolled his eyes, and said loudly as if to make sure his doppelgänger heard, “Please tell me I’m not this insufferable.... and babe?” He said to Lisa. “Never ever let me wear my hair like that. Ever.”

sitanomoto sitanomoto Vsland Vsland CasualDragon CasualDragon Pyosimros Pyosimros Archon Archon

Between the Ice and Alex the enemy was distracted long enough for Connor to get his head clear enough to start moving again. Aedan was still down and it wasn't clear if he'd be getting up again before this was over. Connor quickly started for the agents, noticing the amount of time Alex was taking to kill them one by one rather than rendering them unconscious and moving on. That was putting them all at risk, "You're wasting time!" He called out to the other man, feet crunching under the ice as he maneuvered so that he was between Aedan and their attackers as he rushed them.

Tiny spikes of ice had formed on the bottom of his shoes to make sure he could run at full speed without slipping, which meant he just had to be sure not to trip over any of the clumps. The first agent he met with was struggling to break free of the ice encompassing his legs, using the butt of his rifle against it to no avail. This man had been the closest and therefore got the strongest ice sheet. Connor caught the man off guard, clothes-lining him so hard it broke him from the ice and knocking him out the moment his head hit the ground. This earned a small barrage of gunfire from the furthest two, outside of the apartment door.

The blonde hid behind the nearby wall until they'd stopped before rounding it and into the open area with the winding staircase that led all the way up to the top floor. Once there the three moved to hand to hand combat, and by then Connor had already formed a sheet of ice on his forearms to block blows like he would do if he had a shield. It just took more precision considering his arms weren't nearly the size of his missing weapon of choice. Whilst trading blows with one, the other had attempted to wrap his arms around Connor's to keep him still. Connor kicked so the two went backwards into the wooden banister. Then with a hard snap back of his head he heard the man groan and his arms loosen, once freed he threw his arm out hard so that his iced over forearm connected with his would be attackers head and sent him flailing back.

When Connor spun around to face the man who now likely had a broken nose he found the man's body rag-dolling over the banister. In a panic he reached forwards and grabbed hold of the HYDRA agents vest just as he went over. This in turn pulled Connor towards the banister which had cracked from their scuffle and broke the minute their combined weight was against it. Connor hit the ground and would have slid over the side with the agent had he not grabbed hold of the nearby railing. Now his head, right arm and shoulder were dangling over the side of a three story drop clinging to an unconscious HYDRA agent. The only thing preventing their fall was his left hand clinging to the wooden railing which a part of had already proven to break once under their weight.
D3lmoniko D3lmoniko
Archon Archon

Robin seemed so concerned and honestly it was a little nice. Most people were all 'ahh that green thing was a guy and he probably wants to kill us so we should run as far and fast as we can' and it was usually spoken in a hurried way where there would be no chance for a pause for breath. She offered a hand and he graciously accepted it. His head swum and he swayed a little on his feet. He grinned and shot a thumbs up to Dawn. "Thanks Robin. I'm good buddy, Dawn, friend? Don't worry about me. I thought I had grown out of that." Lie, he knew perfectly well that he hadn't grown out of it. That wasn't something Dawn needed to know though.

He wasn't even aware of the other being in the room until he had started to speak. He said something about gamma radiation that caused Finn to wince. Yikes. It would be just my luck to bring some dimension hopping, slightly eerie Dimitri straight to us. He mentioned something else about someone coming for help and Finn's mind couldn't help but jump to the jump drive that Dimitri had brought in earlier. How could they not be related. Cassie had probably managed to crack into it by now, and what are the chances that this dude shows up right around the time she had probably gotten in? What if there's someone else here? Images of Ivory, Terry, Cassie, Perry and others fighting against other alternate dimension hero villain people popped into his head. There was talk of alternate dimensions but Finn barely batted an eye. After all the garbage that he had waded through this was just a little something else on the pile. He chuckled a bit at Dimitri's loud whisper but he was too busy eyeing up this newcomer to think of anything witty to fire back with. "Did you come on your own."

sitanomoto sitanomoto reapertwo reapertwo Vsland Vsland

The other Dimitri looked as if he stubbed his toe and was trying his best not to scream, upon hearing Dimitri’s comment about him and his hair. Clenching his fists and gritting his teeth as Finn asked his question, Alt-Dimitri never took his eyes off of his doppelgänger. He swallowed his anger and cleared his throat before speaking. “This isn’t something you can joke away, boy.” He whistled low and looked over his shoulder at the portal, as if to answer the question from Finn.

Through the hum of the portal, a familiar voice was heard on the other side, as Alt-Dimitri’s second in command began to walk through the portal to join him. “Don’t whistle me in. I know you like to enhance the drama, but I’m not a dog.” A hand holding very lightly tinted sunglasses came through, followed by the rest of him. He blew his hot breath onto them and wiped them off with his cuff, before putting them on and flipping his hair to the side. “Why does everyone look so nervous?” Alt- Harry said, with Harry’s signature smirk. “You all look like you’ve seen a ghost.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back