• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Avengers: Rebooted (Closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Robin seemed so concerned and honestly it was a little nice. Most people were all 'ahh that green thing was a guy and he probably wants to kill us so we should run as far and fast as we can' and it was usually spoken in a hurried way where there would be no chance for a pause for breath. She offered a hand and he graciously accepted it. His head swum and he swayed a little on his feet. He grinned and shot a thumbs up to Dawn. "Thanks Robin. I'm good buddy, Dawn, friend? Don't worry about me. I thought I had grown out of that." Lie, he knew perfectly well that he hadn't grown out of it. That wasn't something Dawn needed to know though.

He wasn't even aware of the other being in the room until he had started to speak. He said something about gamma radiation that caused Finn to wince. Yikes. It would be just my luck to bring some dimension hopping, slightly eerie Dimitri straight to us. He mentioned something else about someone coming for help and Finn's mind couldn't help but jump to the jump drive that Dimitri had brought in earlier. How could they not be related. Cassie had probably managed to crack into it by now, and what are the chances that this dude shows up right around the time she had probably gotten in? What if there's someone else here? Images of Ivory, Terry, Cassie, Perry and others fighting against other alternate dimension hero villain people popped into his head. There was talk of alternate dimensions but Finn barely batted an eye. After all the garbage that he had waded through this was just a little something else on the pile. He chuckled a bit at Dimitri's loud whisper but he was too busy eyeing up this newcomer to think of anything witty to fire back with. "Did you come on your own."

sitanomoto sitanomoto reapertwo reapertwo @Ethan Hart

The other Dimitri looked as if he stubbed his toe and was trying his best not to scream, upon hearing Dimitri’s comment about him and his hair. Clenching his fists and gritting his teeth as Finn asked his question, Alt-Dimitri never took his eyes off of his doppelgänger. He swallowed his anger and cleared his throat before speaking. “This isn’t something you can joke away, boy.” He whistled low and looked over his shoulder at the portal, as if to answer the question from Finn.

Through the hum of the portal, a familiar voice was heard on the other side, as Alt-Dimitri’s second in command began to walk through the portal to join him. “Don’t whistle me in. I know you like to enhance the drama, but I’m not a dog.” A hand holding very lightly tinted sunglasses came through, followed by the rest of him. He blew his hot breath onto them and wiped them off with his cuff, before putting them on and flipping his hair to the side. “Why does everyone look so nervous?” Alt- Harry said, with Harry’s signature smirk. “You all look like you’ve seen a ghost.”
Robin smiled and nodded, then blanched as other Harry stepped through the portal.

Lisa chuckled at the face Alt-Dimitri made, and then gasped.
"какого черта?? Как он жив?"

"Is-is-isn't he dead?!?!"

"Different dimension." Lisa whispered. "Different series of events."

Alex looked at Connor for a bit, before getting a punch to the stomach, followed by another one to the face, pinning him to a hall. Growling, Alex got his guard up, blocking a straight punch, before headbutting the attacker. Having dazed his attacker, he throws a low kick, breaking the tibia and making the receiver fall on the ground, yelling in pain. Not done, Alex kicks him in the face, a show of brutality not familiar to his character.

Looking around the room, he saw Connor was now hanging from a railing. Alex knelled down, using his metal arm to secure himself before reaching out and grabbing Connor's hand, moving in to his arm. He let out a groan, trying to pull Connor. "Let go of him!" Alex yelled, struggling to pull Connor up. Slowly, but surely, Alex managed to get enough force to pull Connor and the agent up, and place them on the ground.

After a few more breaths, he raises up, shooting Connor and the agent a rather angry look. "Are you crazy?! You could've died you ass!" Alex ran a hand through his own hair, sighing and looking at the agent. "I hope he's worth it."

Crono Crono Archon Archon

Ivory shook his head as Terry said it wasn't his fault, but inwardly the thought lingered, 'Of course you'd tell me it wasn't my fault, who'd ever tell someone they were responsible for hurting the people they cared about...' Ivory forced a smile at Terry, "Yeah, I guess I should've figured that out huh? Sorry to dump my problems on your lap, it was stupid of me to worry that much wasn't it?"

Ivory stayed silent as Terry brought up how the training room was indestructible before looking away with an awkward chuckle, "That...makes sense actually, sorry for doubting Cassie's super genius brain...and your super genius brain, not trying to imply you're not super smart either, just- um..." Ivory stopped talking and let an awkward silence creep in, leaving him to tap the chair and look around for a few seconds. Eventually he stood up very suddenly, "I uh, I gotta use the bathroom, so I'll be right back!" and with that, he hurried away...

sitanomoto sitanomoto

Ivory shook his head as Terry said it wasn't his fault, but inwardly the thought lingered, 'Of course you'd tell me it wasn't my fault, who'd ever tell someone they were responsible for hurting the people they cared about...' Ivory forced a smile at Terry, "Yeah, I guess I should've figured that out huh? Sorry to dump my problems on your lap, it was stupid of me to worry that much wasn't it?"

Ivory stayed silent as Terry brought up how the training room was indestructible before looking away with an awkward chuckle, "That...makes sense actually, sorry for doubting Cassie's super genius brain...and your super genius brain, not trying to imply you're not super smart either, just- um..." Ivory stopped talking and let an awkward silence creep in, leaving him to tap the chair and look around for a few seconds. Eventually he stood up very suddenly, "I uh, I gotta use the bathroom, so I'll be right back!" and with that, he hurried away...

sitanomoto sitanomoto
Terry shook his head. "No, no, of course not--"

Ivory began rambling, and after a moment of silence Terry reached a hand out to place it gently on his arm, but Ivory stood up with a sudden swift movement.

"I uh, I gotta use the bathroom, so I'll be right back!"

Terry thought for a moment about going after him, then decided against it. A buzz on his watch told him he was getting a call. He pressed his earpiece. "Talk to me, Jodie." A moment of silence, then Terry sighed. "Look, Jode, I don't know where you're getting your numbers, but--"

Another moment of silence. "I don't think he'll be a problem, but if he causes any more trouble, I'll deal with him. I gotta go, Jodie. But thank you for bringing it to my attention."

This was just the icing on the cake. Not only was one of his best friends a complete psycho in this other universe, but he was consorting with the enemy? Finn lowered himself back onto the floor. The whole room seemed to be spinning around him and he wasn't sure if it was from the absurd amount of physical pain he was in or the absurd amount of mental fog he was in. Harry had caused a whole bunch of garbage in the past and as much as he didn't want to admit it he was very very happy when he had died. Happy to the point where he could have done a jig and danced around. Happier than any hero should probably admit to being. He looked up at the newcomers with a frown.

"Any other surprises? Also as swell as this meeting is we have other stuff to do like, I don't know, not stand around making small chat. Get to the point please." As startling as Harry's arrival had been Finn was also finding himself tiring of this. Sometimes villains just needed a prod or they would sit there and ramble like a suburban mom quilting group meeting. He wrapped his arms around his knees to get more comfortable on the floor. Who knows how long this could take, might as well get comfortable. There was still the worry that the others were dealing with something but he had faith that they could take care of themselves.

reapertwo reapertwo sitanomoto sitanomoto

The other Dimitri rolled his eyes at Finn. “The point is that you should stay where you belong. You have a duty to protect this world, not mine. If you’re contacted by someone asking for help against me, ignore it. I would hate to see half of you die before realizing it’s a suicide mission.” As he turned to leave, he gave a dry, “Have a nice rest of your life, everyone” before walking through the portal.

As soon as he left, the other Harry pulled out a flash drive from his jacket pocket and dropped it on the ground, before giving a nod of understanding to no one in particular, and following Alt-Dimitri through the portal as it closed.

“As scary as that was...” Dimitri said sarcastically, putting on Harry’s sunglasses that he swiped at the last second when Harry was leaving. “I’ve been meaning to take a vacation anyways. I was thinking Cozumel, but a dystopian alternate earth works too.” sitanomoto sitanomoto CasualDragon CasualDragon

Aedan's head rattled with pain, a deep thumping echoing in the confines of his skull, a nasty response to such large use of his power after months of heroic abstinence. Luckily for him, Alex and Connor were quick to capitalize on the onslaught, Alex unleashing into a frenzied whirlwind of blood and broken bones, which offered an almost poetic contrast to the swift calculated strikes of Connor's ice and fists which left minimal damage but incapacitated all the same. Alas, there could be no rest for the wicked. These were Hydra Agents, well trained and unbound by constructs of Law, ignoring the pain the vigilante pushed through the pain and came to his feet, his eyes gazed forward with analytical precision. Three guards, all recovering from former strikes, were in the midt of regrouping at the duo's flank.

Having stabilized his balance, Aedan pounced forward like a lion hunting its prey, the first of the trio turned in alarm, shouting a quick order to his team. Aedan leapt into a combat roll across the floor, rising with a striking uppercut. His adversary was launched back into the collapsed pathway, and before any guns could be fired the second assailant found a roundhouse kick knocking the high-tech rifle from his hands, in the time it took the agent's brain to process the speed of events Aedan was upon the third guard, skilled hands powerfully wrenched the gun from his and then--with smug confidence--the gun smashed into the Agent's helmet with a baseball motion. With a desperate charge, the second guard lunged less than a foot before Aedan's entire lower body thrust into a brutal sidekick.

From the carnage, the sound of pained groans could be heard, but more alarmingly were the beating sirens in the distance, almost drowned by the screams surrounding the apartment block. Aedan stumbled forward alongside Alex and Connor, casting his eyes upon the destruction they'd left. "We'll be scapegoats for this..." He muttered with near silence, sorrow in his voice. He looked up at Alex first, a subtle glare in his eyes, before he straightened and turned to his friend. "Connor, we need to go before the Police get here." The alarm was evident in his voice, but so was the implication. If they run, then Connor Rogers becomes a fugitive. This was his apartment, and his past skirmished with Hydra already garnered enough scrutiny from the authorities.
D3lmoniko D3lmoniko
Crono Crono

Natalie stared at the goblin incredulously, her face settling into a disapproving glower, eyes glowing with a gaze so sharp it threatened to cut the beast apart. "Are you insane?!" she bleated out in audible concern, Natalie now bristling with passion. "Can you even begin to comprehend the plethora of world-ending catastrophes that could result from tampering with alternate dimensions?!" Despite their differences, she turned to Cassie with a pleading look, her pride placed firmly aside in favor of reason and logic. "Please tell me you're seriously not considering this?" She asked briefly, before launching into further opposition to the idea. "This has nothing to do with you! You have nothing to gain and everything to lose! What if something happens here and Cassie Stark is away?"

Natalie threw her hands up in disbelief, face reddened from a mix of anger and anxiety. "Do you... do you realize how improper this is?! How selfish this creature is for placing the errors of its entire reality on us! There are a million dimensions where we're all villains, that's just how the universe is and we can't fix the universe, only our own Earth!" If by some failure of the brain, Cassie agrees to this insanity, Natalie would have no choice but to accompany them. as insurance that they don't tear dimensions apart. She may not be her father, but she'd at least dabbled in the art.

"Perry, you're her friend!" Natalie turned to spiderboy with a desperation to her voice, "Tell her!"
sitanomoto sitanomoto
Pyosimros Pyosimros
reapertwo reapertwo

"Hey! How's my favourite Asgardian?" With a beaming smile and arms held wide, Joseph stepped out of the house with an obvious giddiness. Both because he was seeing Kat, but also going on holiday. With Kat. Snapping back to attention, the bowslinger noticed her eyes spying the grumpy suit who had so rudely invaded his home. "Oh yeah, great friend of mine." Joseph informed sarcastically.

Not a moment later one of the large bailiffs who'd shoved their way in came stomping outwith a tasteless glower, Joseph's TV in hand, earning a nervous squint from the hero who attempted to hide his embarrassment with an idle head scratch. He wasn't filled with confidence at the circumstances at their new meeting, he was no expert on relationships but 'Being evicted.' seemed pretty high up on the list of what not to do to win someone's heart--or respect--for that matter. It felt far too awkward to acknowledge the terrible times he'd fallen on, so he did what Precision did best, he ignored his problems.

"Sooo... Norway! Then I need to really buy some new clothes... I don't want to spend the entire time in my old active duty outfit."

Last edited:
The other Dimitri rolled his eyes at Finn. “The point is that you should stay where you belong. You have a duty to protect this world, not mine. If you’re contacted by someone asking for help against me, ignore it. I would hate to see half of you die before realizing it’s a suicide mission.” As he turned to leave, he gave a dry, “Have a nice rest of your life, everyone” before walking through the portal.

As soon as he left, the other Harry pulled out a flash drive from his jacket pocket and dropped it on the ground, before giving a nod of understanding to no one in particular, and following Alt-Dimitri through the portal as it closed.

“As scary as that was...” Dimitri said sarcastically, putting on Harry’s sunglasses that he swiped at the last second when Harry was leaving. “I’ve been meaning to take a vacation anyways. I was thinking Cozumel, but a dystopian alternate earth works too.” sitanomoto sitanomoto CasualDragon CasualDragon

Lisa looked puzzled at the small object that Harry had left on the floor. Now why would he leave this? She wondered, walking over and picking it up. "Dimitri...." she said, weighing her words carefully. "I don't think we should just go barging headfirst into a world we know nothing about."

Robin scoffed. "Well, what else is there to know about it?? Speed Demon's evil. We go over, do a little hero mission, kick some ass, and then come home in time for dinner and the Late Show." She stopped for a moment and then shook her head. "And now that I say it out loud, I realize how stupid I sound."

“Speed demon!” Dimitri snorted. “I like that. Although he is pretty slow, I can tell.” He said, clipping the American flag pin on his suit that he snagged from the other Dimitri. “How do I look, Red?” He asked Lisa, before noticing her concerned demeanor. “Hey, look. I’ll be fine. I mean, if something could go wrong through dimensions they wouldn’t have come, right? Don’t worry.” His eyes were then drawn to the object Harry dropped that was now in Lisa’s hands. A flash drive?

Back in the lab, the goblin creature nodded. “Of course. You would have to be a fool not to worry. But with the right algorithm we could be sure to keep our universes stable and separate from any other universes nearby. This dimension hopping is what I was built for....” He paused. “You’re right though. It isn’t your fight. But that’s the point of the avengers, isn’t it? To fight other people’s battles when they never could.” He clenched his fists. “I am not selfish. If I was selfish I would just stay here in your cushy world and avoid the tyranny you so narrowly avoided. If your world was mine you would’ve done the same thing.” He said to Natalie, matching her anger
sitanomoto sitanomoto Pyosimros Pyosimros CasualDragon CasualDragon Archon Archon

Nearly any other day Connor might have been able to pull himself back and keep the dead weight from dropping, however his previously injured side was preventing him from realistically winning that fight with gravity. So Connor simply grit his teeth and held on, and eventually help came. Thankfully Alex showed up to help them up, though the blonde was quick to ignore the drop him comment. Slipping over the threshold he tugged the unconscious body away from the edge before tiredly letting his head hit the floor below.

It only lasted a moment before Alex was laying into him for the rescue of their enemy. Connor simply shook his head in frustration and sat back up, "He's alive so yeah Alex, it was worth it." As much as he'd like to lay back into Alex for killing some of the other agents he didn't have the time or patience. Aedan's comment about their being scapegoat's wasn't far off despite Connor being hopeful for otherwise. Aedan and Alex not so much, it was in Connor's name afterall. With a huff he stood up, stretching slightly causing a pop in his back. Aedan was suggesting he leave, and he had no doubt Alex felt the same. But Connor wasn't so sure, he hesitated to answer.

The Avengers didn't exist anymore, meaning he would be held liable for this. On the other hand SHIELD could potentially step in, but he hadn't exactly been a poster boy lately. It was clear he had two choices, meet this head on and potentially go down for it or leave and try to figure something out, potentially making him a wanted man. Connor frowned slightly as he mulled it over, "I.." Reaching up he rubbed a hand roughly over his face before he started moving without a word. Making his way back up to the fourth floor via the nearby stairs he stepped over the pieces of what used to be his door, the floor to his apartment was destroyed. Connor grit his teeth at the sight of his home in pieces, anything and everything he owned likely gone.

With a deep breath he knelt down and placed a hand on the ground, Ice started forming slowly over the large hole. Just enough as a path to cross, strong enough to hold him. Then he set out over the Ice until he was inside what used to be his bedroom and walked over to the closet and pulled off some debris until he free'd a duffel-bag and his shield. Then he returned to the open walkway and met back up with the two, "Let's just go, I'll figure this out later." The man attempted to be composed about it but he knew it wouldn't be that easy. With that he started towards the back end of the building where a fire escape would lead them to the ground without passing any first responders or reporters for that matter.​
Archon Archon
D3lmoniko D3lmoniko

Inside the large kingdom of Wakanda, cheerful noise and laughter rang through the kingdom as the sun started to rise, which was a natural alarm clock to the Wakandan people. The whole city was busy, as everyone was beginning their day. Mother's started to get their children ready for school, fathers would get ready to go off to work, and the children were being children. However, not everyone woke up with the sun.

The inside of the King's room was extremely dark, with none of the blinds or curtains open. The only one inside the dreary, dark room was Desimus himself, the young King of Wakanda. He of course didn't fall asleep, as he almost never did. While he was seen as unstable, he was a genius through and through. However, there are some things not even he has mastered, such as advanced robotic engineering. Wakanda was in a safe place, but he wanted more. He wanted more power to protect the people with his own hands. As he started to scroll through the contacts of his phone, he stopped at one labeled "Terry Stark". As he read the name out loud, his mouth slowly formed into a grin as he tapped on the contact, the phone dialing and ringing Terry.
sitanomoto sitanomoto

Inside the large kingdom of Wakanda, cheerful noise and laughter rang through the kingdom as the sun started to rise, which was a natural alarm clock to the Wakandan people. The whole city was busy, as everyone was beginning their day. Mother's started to get their children ready for school, fathers would get ready to go off to work, and the children were being children. However, not everyone woke up with the sun.

The inside of the King's room was extremely dark, with none of the blinds or curtains open. The only one inside the dreary, dark room was Desimus himself, the young King of Wakanda. He of course didn't fall asleep, as he almost never did. While he was seen as unstable, he was a genius through and through. However, there are some things not even he has mastered, such as advanced robotic engineering. Wakanda was in a safe place, but he wanted more. He wanted more power to protect the people with his own hands. As he started to scroll through the contacts of his phone, he stopped at one labeled "Terry Stark". As he read the name out loud, his mouth slowly formed into a grin as he tapped on the contact, the phone dialing and ringing Terry.
sitanomoto sitanomoto
Terry felt another buzz on his watch.
Incoming call, it read. King Catboy, He noted with a smile.
He opened the call and sent it to his earpiece. "Your Highness. Always a pleasure." He said, a hint of humor in his tone. He stood, walking over to the large, wall-to wall window overlooking the city. "What can I do for ya?"
It was a courtesy question. He knew exactly what Desimus was calling about. The gloomy dictator only had one thing he contacted the Starks about.
... Okay, two things, but the imports and exports of Vibranium were usually handled by his lower-down employees and the Wakandan's business advisors, so it didn't really count.

Desimus' grinconly widened as he listened to Terry.
"AHHH, there you are Terry. I was just calling, because it seems as though I'm gonna need a new toy. On a slightly more serious note though.."
Desimus walks over to his front door, and pits a small audio block chip, preventing anyone from the outside to hear the conversation.
"
If we want to size up to the bigger hitters in this world, we're going to need to start developing newer resources. I sent a sample of it, but it's a new adamantium that my science field here has been creating. Lighter, stronger, and more durable than the original. While I know that sounds like an impossible feat, it's because some of the material is from outerspace. I want to see if you could use this material to make me a new suit. Also, I just wanted to inform at least one person that I will be coming back to the city. I heard you guys have been getting some new problems from my little birds. That true?"
As Desimus stated all of this, he pulled up a projection as he started to tap in the payment for Terry. While Terry was more expensive, Desimus liked Terry's work a little more. Besides, money was nothing to the Wakandan Playboy.
sitanomoto sitanomoto

Alex heard the sirens outside, and his eyes stared into space for a moment. The walls suddenly became white, and the light went away. In front he saw himself, holding a gun up, sirens getting louder and louder. It was such a silence, he could hear the gun clicking as the bullet loaded. The gun flashes and Alex is suddenly thrust back into reality. He shakes his head, grunting and looking at the bodies around.

With the corner of his eye he spotted Aedan throwing him a small glare, but before he could say anything, the discussion had changed. "... They're HYDRA. Why would the police arrest us? I mean, they attacked us." Alex points at the barely alive HYDRA soldier Connor saved. Grunting, he looks away from him, shooting Aedan a glare as well, making it known that he saw.

"Go? Go where Connor?" Alex asked, kneeling down an agent that seemed higher in rank. He took something from his pocket, putting it in his. Raising up, he went behind Connor, following him. Suddenly, some feelings of regret washed over him, but that only made him more angry, as he didn't understand why exactly he felt regret. Was it for the killings? The apartment?

Crono Crono Archon Archon

The elevator.

Ivory just needed to buy time until Terry left the room so he could get to the elevator.

He could leave, go back to work, take a bit of a pay cut for spending so much time to leave just one location and then go back home and not have to confront any of these thoughts and feelings right now. He could go back to the one room apartment with the mattress on the floor and the oven open to make up for the lack of heat, he could go back to just getting by for a few months while he figured his shit out.

'But that's dishonest, and I really missed everyone here...'

'But it would be better to be dishonest than to stay and feel like crap, wouldn't it?'

'I thought I was over this! God, I know it's fine for me to stay here, nobody thinks it's awkward, but what if- god what if they're all just pretending to like and put up with me?! That's it, they're faking it, they think I'm a bad person but they don't want to tell me!'

'I should leave...'

'I don't want to be alone right now...'

These thoughts and more swam through Ivory's mind as he stood up, he honestly had no idea where the bathroom was, so his initial idea of hide in there for a few hours until the coast was clear didn't seem like it'd work. He needed a place to hide out until he was ready to go, so he needed to check rooms in the tower. Ivory went a floor down and began opening door after door, finding closest, workshops, and multiple other rooms before opening a door revealing Cassie's lab, and inside it? A weird goblin creature thing going on on some speech about what the Avengers stood for while Cassie, Cassandra, Perry and some magical girl looking person looked on tensely.

Ivory looked on, a bit surprised at what was going on, very confused for a few moments before his eyes widened and he looked at Cassie and Perry, "Oh god no...No, no, no, no- Okay." Ivory took a deep breath and looked at the ground for a few seconds before looking back up, "Okay, I'll start from the top. First, I'm sorry I barraged in here unannounced, it was rude and I'm clearly interrupting something. Second,in just a second I'm going to walk over and hug the crap out of you Perry. Third, please tell me that this is some weird product you guys are planning to put out into the market and not some really weird and super dangerous Avengers thing, because right now this is seeming like a really weird and super dangerous Avengers thing from where I'm standing!"

sitanomoto sitanomoto
Archon Archon
Pyosimros Pyosimros
reapertwo reapertwo

Desimus' grinconly widened as he listened to Terry.
"AHHH, there you are Terry. I was just calling, because it seems as though I'm gonna need a new toy. On a slightly more serious note though.."
Desimus walks over to his front door, and pits a small audio block chip, preventing anyone from the outside to hear the conversation.
"
If we want to size up to the bigger hitters in this world, we're going to need to start developing newer resources. I sent a sample of it, but it's a new adamantium that my science field here has been creating. Lighter, stronger, and more durable than the original. While I know that sounds like an impossible feat, it's because some of the material is from outerspace. I want to see if you could use this material to make me a new suit. Also, I just wanted to inform at least one person that I will be coming back to the city. I heard you guys have been getting some new problems from my little birds. That true?"
As Desimus stated all of this, he pulled up a projection as he started to tap in the payment for Terry. While Terry was more expensive, Desimus liked Terry's work a little more. Besides, money was nothing to the Wakandan Playboy.
sitanomoto sitanomoto
Terry chuckled. "Don't you always?" He said. He fell quiet and looked down into the street below. "I'll see what I can do. And problems? I haven't heard about any problems.... why? What have you heard?" He asked.
The elevator.

Ivory just needed to buy time until Terry left the room so he could get to the elevator.

He could leave, go back to work, take a bit of a pay cut for spending so much time to leave just one location and then go back home and not have to confront any of these thoughts and feelings right now. He could go back to the one room apartment with the mattress on the floor and the oven open to make up for the lack of heat, he could go back to just getting by for a few months while he figured his shit out.

'But that's dishonest, and I really missed everyone here...'

'But it would be better to be dishonest than to stay and feel like crap, wouldn't it?'

'I thought I was over this! God, I know it's fine for me to stay here, nobody thinks it's awkward, but what if- god what if they're all just pretending to like and put up with me?! That's it, they're faking it, they think I'm a bad person but they don't want to tell me!'

'I should leave...'

'I don't want to be alone right now...'

These thoughts and more swam through Ivory's mind as he stood up, he honestly had no idea where the bathroom was, so his initial idea of hide in there for a few hours until the coast was clear didn't seem like it'd work. He needed a place to hide out until he was ready to go, so he needed to check rooms in the tower. Ivory went a floor down and began opening door after door, finding closest, workshops, and multiple other rooms before opening a door revealing Cassie's lab, and inside it? A weird goblin creature thing going on on some speech about what the Avengers stood for while Cassie, Cassandra, Perry and some magical girl looking person looked on tensely.

Ivory looked on, a bit surprised at what was going on, very confused for a few moments before his eyes widened and he looked at Cassie and Perry, "Oh god no...No, no, no, no- Okay." Ivory took a deep breath and looked at the ground for a few seconds before looking back up, "Okay, I'll start from the top. First, I'm sorry I barraged in here unannounced, it was rude and I'm clearly interrupting something. Second,in just a second I'm going to walk over and hug the crap out of you Perry. Third, please tell me that this is some weird product you guys are planning to put out into the market and not some really weird and super dangerous Avengers thing, because right now this is seeming like a really weird and super dangerous Avengers thing from where I'm standing!"

sitanomoto sitanomoto
Archon Archon
Pyosimros Pyosimros
reapertwo reapertwo
Aedan's head rattled with pain, a deep thumping echoing in the confines of his skull, a nasty response to such large use of his power after months of heroic abstinence. Luckily for him, Alex and Connor were quick to capitalize on the onslaught, Alex unleashing into a frenzied whirlwind of blood and broken bones, which offered an almost poetic contrast to the swift calculated strikes of Connor's ice and fists which left minimal damage but incapacitated all the same. Alas, there could be no rest for the wicked. These were Hydra Agents, well trained and unbound by constructs of Law, ignoring the pain the vigilante pushed through the pain and came to his feet, his eyes gazed forward with analytical precision. Three guards, all recovering from former strikes, were in the midt of regrouping at the duo's flank.

Having stabilized his balance, Aedan pounced forward like a lion hunting its prey, the first of the trio turned in alarm, shouting a quick order to his team. Aedan leapt into a combat roll across the floor, rising with a striking uppercut. His adversary was launched back into the collapsed pathway, and before any guns could be fired the second assailant found a roundhouse kick knocking the high-tech rifle from his hands, in the time it took the agent's brain to process the speed of events Aedan was upon the third guard, skilled hands powerfully wrenched the gun from his and then--with smug confidence--the gun smashed into the Agent's helmet with a baseball motion. With a desperate charge, the second guard lunged less than a foot before Aedan's entire lower body thrust into a brutal sidekick.

From the carnage, the sound of pained groans could be heard, but more alarmingly were the beating sirens in the distance, almost drowned by the screams surrounding the apartment block. Aedan stumbled forward alongside Alex and Connor, casting his eyes upon the destruction they'd left. "We'll be scapegoats for this..." He muttered with near silence, sorrow in his voice. He looked up at Alex first, a subtle glare in his eyes, before he straightened and turned to his friend. "Connor, we need to go before the Police get here." The alarm was evident in his voice, but so was the implication. If they run, then Connor Rogers becomes a fugitive. This was his apartment, and his past skirmished with Hydra already garnered enough scrutiny from the authorities.
D3lmoniko D3lmoniko
Crono Crono

Natalie stared at the goblin incredulously, her face settling into a disapproving glower, eyes glowing with a gaze so sharp it threatened to cut the beast apart. "Are you insane?!" she bleated out in audible concern, Natalie now bristling with passion. "Can you even begin to comprehend the plethora of world-ending catastrophes that could result from tampering with alternate dimensions?!" Despite their differences, she turned to Cassie with a pleading look, her pride placed firmly aside in favor of reason and logic. "Please tell me you're seriously not considering this?" She asked briefly, before launching into further opposition to the idea. "This has nothing to do with you! You have nothing to gain and everything to lose! What if something happens here and Cassie Stark is away?"

Natalie threw her hands up in disbelief, face reddened from a mix of anger and anxiety. "Do you... do you realize how improper this is?! How selfish this creature is for placing the errors of its entire reality on us! There are a million dimensions where we're all villains, that's just how the universe is and we can't fix the universe, only our own Earth!" If by some failure of the brain, Cassie agrees to this insanity, Natalie would have no choice but to accompany them. as insurance that they don't tear dimensions apart. She may not be her father, but she'd at least dabbled in the art.

"Perry, you're her friend!" Natalie turned to spiderboy with a desperation to her voice, "Tell her!"
sitanomoto sitanomoto
Pyosimros Pyosimros
reapertwo reapertwo

"Hey! How's my favourite Asgardian?" With a beaming smile and arms held wide, Joseph stepped out of the house with an obvious giddiness. Both because he was seeing Kat, but also going on holiday. With Kat. Snapping back to attention, the bowslinger noticed her eyes spying the grumpy suit who had so rudely invaded his home. "Oh yeah, great friend of mine." Joseph informed sarcastically.

Not a moment later one of the large bailiffs who'd shoved their way in came stomping outwith a tasteless glower, Joseph's TV in hand, earning a nervous squint from the hero who attempted to hide his embarrassment with an idle head scratch. He wasn't filled with confidence at the circumstances at their new meeting, he was no expert on relationships but 'Being evicted.' seemed pretty high up on the list of what not to do to win someone's heart--or respect--for that matter. It felt far too awkward to acknowledge the terrible times he'd fallen on, so he did what Precision did best, he ignored his problems.

"Sooo... Norway! Then I need to really buy some new clothes... I don't want to spend the entire time in my old active duty outfit."
Cassie scowled at Natalie. "You just said that the people don't need me. What made you change your mind?" She listened to Natalie some more and then shook her head. "I was sought out for help and I don't usually turn those down, but we will need to--"
And then Ivory barged in, rambled for a bit, and then fell silent. Cassie smiled a little. "I dunno. I don't know if it's a super-dangerous Avengers thing. I'd have to talk it out with the others, first. But no, this isn't a weird invention I made. Apparently, he's a being from a different dimension." She sighed. "The day everyone comes back is the day that we get made aware of an alternate dimension crisis. Honestly. You can't write this stuff."

IrQQnV7.png
Cassandra
Alternate dimensions, evil Dimitri, it was all exciting to Cassandra. A dystopian world for her and her friends to save, and plenty of formidable foes to face along the way; it all tickled her bloodlust. Cassandra's eyes inappropriately lit up during the talk and as a result she received a few side-eyes from Perry, though she chose to ignore them. She wanted to see this alternate dimension for herself, and perhaps face the alternate Dimitri in one-on-one combat. Though there was a small roadblock in her rather sudden new plan, Natalie's interjection.

Natalie spoke against visiting the alternate dimension, citing that there are consequences to tampering with alternate dimensions. Cassandra took this all as exaggeration. One or five extra individuals in a new dimension with trillions upon trillions of more lifeforms would likely have no effect on anything - and thus she chose to ignore Natalie's warning. Natalie later looked to Perry for help, to attempt to talk Cassie out of this, and Perry was seemingly going to comply.

"Yah, I agree with-"

"He agrees with Cassie, the...thing and I!" Cassandra interrupted in a happy tone. Perry shot her a glare and she continued with an excuse for them to go. "We can save people! Think about how many people're in trouble right now, those people need saving!"

Perry's glare persisted. The look was enough to tell her, "I can see through your crap. Stop lying." Perry opened his mouth to say his thoughts, though was interrupted once the door opened.

The two instantly moved their heads towards the doorway, and what stood was a familiar face: Ivory. Cassandra felt a pang a relief for some reason. She assumed he was dead for some strange reason, and it made his presence even more welcoming. Ivory began to ramble for half a minute more, and as soon as he was finished, Ivory was met with Perry's embrace.

"It's...good to see you again Ivory," Cassandra commented.

Desimus scrolls through a holo projection, which was a wall of information that was given to him by his scientists.
"According to my birds, there has been a lot of energy that was projected by something. I have no clue as to what it would be, as they weren't able to sadly pinpoint the location of this energy. On the bright side, I'll be coming to figure all this crap out myself. How's your sister? Maybe she might know."
sitanomoto sitanomoto

Finn waited for both of the dimension hoppers to leave before he spoke again. "Dimitri. Did you actually steal his sunglasses?" He held back a laugh. That was such a Dimitri thing to do. There was no way Dimitri could possibly go evil. Unless that other universe was all messed up. "The way he told us to stay here makes me want to go even more." That's not a very Finn thing to say. "Doesn't this whole conversation make anyone else curious as to what their alternate dimension selves are like? I can't help but be interested." The last part was mumbled quietly. "Chichen Itza's near Cozumel. Still time to head there instead of dimension hop." He listened to Lisa and Robin nodding along with Lisa. "Why don't we head up to Cassie and see what she can do with this. If we are going over there to 'kick some ass, then come home for dinner and the Late Show' we need to know as much as we can glean."

Dimitri had also snagged an American flag pin. "Very snazzy Dimitri. I feel like it'll clash sorely with your costume though." He layered the sarcasm into his response. There was a small part of him that couldn't believe how much he had pinched off of his doppelganger but there was another part of him that was not at all surprised. Finn chuckled and shook his head. It was one of the many things that made Dimitri one of his best friends. Speaking of friends; it seemed like Connor, Joseph and the rest of the gang hadn't shown up. Usually once one person showed up the whole gang showed up. They could be upstairs. Unlikely. "Did you pinch anything else? Never mind. Let's head up to Cassie." The hole in the wall seemed to glare at him. He would have to explain this to Cassie. "Yikes. Not looking forward to telling her this. Windows are one thing, walls are another." And with that he left the training room and started up the stairs to where Friday had told him everyone was.

sitanomoto sitanomoto reapertwo reapertwo

Ivory relaxed a little bit as he felt Perry's arms wrap around him, allowing himself to calm down and be anchored in his friend's arms, there were allot of emotions to be felt at the moment, and even though there was still allot of pent up anxiousness and negativity floating around in the guy's head, the hug really did help Ivory. Ivory squeezed Perry and whispered, "Thanks man, I missed you..." Before looking past Perry and at Cassandra, "...It's cool to see you as well Cassandra...uh, I would keep on going with the hellos, but I kinda need to address the elephant-er goblin in the room again."

Ivory pulled away from Perry and took in a deep breath as Cassie spoke, "Okay cool, so just as everyone comes back together a new threat emerges or whatever great! But uh, question, why not just call up SHIELD or whatever and have them deal with this? They're still around aren't they? They would have the time, money, man power and resources for whatever this job is, and better yet we wouldn't have to risk our lives to do something good!"

Ivory took in a gulp of air and looked at the goblin again, finally speaking towards it directly, "Like, I'm sorry to say this all in front of you goblin guy, but some of the people in this room haven't even put on a costume in years! The closest thing I've had to combat training is boxing classes, and half the team is in some other place or whatever! I mean- I don't wanna speak for everyone here, but you have to understand what I'm saying right?! Us trying to help you in...whatever this is would be crazy, silly, and-and-"

Ivory paused as he found the words he was about to speak falter as they were about to leave his lips. He pursed his lips together and closed his eyes, "What am I saying? I...I don't even know the whole situation here and I'm already trying to pass up on the situation. I-I'm sorry it's just...this is all allot to take in at once. Like, I'm only just now seeing friends I haven't seen in years, and already there's a threat from another dimension on their doorstep, and all of that is just the stuff I have to process before I address the magical girl in the room!"

sitanomoto sitanomoto
Archon Archon
Pyosimros Pyosimros
reapertwo reapertwo

Desimus scrolls through a holo projection, which was a wall of information that was given to him by his scientists.
"According to my birds, there has been a lot of energy that was projected by something. I have no clue as to what it would be, as they weren't able to sadly pinpoint the location of this energy. On the bright side, I'll be coming to figure all this crap out myself. How's your sister? Maybe she might know."
sitanomoto sitanomoto
Terry shrugged as he looked out into the city below. "That might have been Cassie... Not sure. She's down in her lab right now." The amswer to the question of "how's your sister?" Stuck in Terry's throat. "She's--" he started, but then stopped, sighing.
Finn waited for both of the dimension hoppers to leave before he spoke again. "Dimitri. Did you actually steal his sunglasses?" He held back a laugh. That was such a Dimitri thing to do. There was no way Dimitri could possibly go evil. Unless that other universe was all messed up. "The way he told us to stay here makes me want to go even more." That's not a very Finn thing to say. "Doesn't this whole conversation make anyone else curious as to what their alternate dimension selves are like? I can't help but be interested." The last part was mumbled quietly. "Chichen Itza's near Cozumel. Still time to head there instead of dimension hop." He listened to Lisa and Robin nodding along with Lisa. "Why don't we head up to Cassie and see what she can do with this. If we are going over there to 'kick some ass, then come home for dinner and the Late Show' we need to know as much as we can glean."

Dimitri had also snagged an American flag pin. "Very snazzy Dimitri. I feel like it'll clash sorely with your costume though." He layered the sarcasm into his response. There was a small part of him that couldn't believe how much he had pinched off of his doppelganger but there was another part of him that was not at all surprised. Finn chuckled and shook his head. It was one of the many things that made Dimitri one of his best friends. Speaking of friends; it seemed like Connor, Joseph and the rest of the gang hadn't shown up. Usually once one person showed up the whole gang showed up. They could be upstairs. Unlikely. "Did you pinch anything else? Never mind. Let's head up to Cassie." The hole in the wall seemed to glare at him. He would have to explain this to Cassie. "Yikes. Not looking forward to telling her this. Windows are one thing, walls are another." And with that he left the training room and started up the stairs to where Friday had told him everyone was.

sitanomoto sitanomoto reapertwo reapertwo
Robin smirked. She was liking Finn more and more already. It dropped when Finn mentioned Cassie. Apprehension settled into her stomach and she hesitated before following Finn up the stairs.

Lisa chuckled. " I'm sure Cassie is hard at work already." She took Dimitri's hand. It felt like nothing had changed between them. She still had to explain her wrist, but she hoped that he had forgotten it by now. Besides, it wasn't the time.
Ivory relaxed a little bit as he felt Perry's arms wrap around him, allowing himself to calm down and be anchored in his friend's arms, there were allot of emotions to be felt at the moment, and even though there was still allot of pent up anxiousness and negativity floating around in the guy's head, the hug really did help Ivory. Ivory squeezed Perry and whispered, "Thanks man, I missed you..." Before looking past Perry and at Cassandra, "...It's cool to see you as well Cassandra...uh, I would keep on going with the hellos, but I kinda need to address the elephant-er goblin in the room again."

Ivory pulled away from Perry and took in a deep breath as Cassie spoke, "Okay cool, so just as everyone comes back together a new threat emerges or whatever great! But uh, question, why not just call up SHIELD or whatever and have them deal with this? They're still around aren't they? They would have the time, money, man power and resources for whatever this job is, and better yet we wouldn't have to risk our lives to do something good!"

Ivory took in a gulp of air and looked at the goblin again, finally speaking towards it directly, "Like, I'm sorry to say this all in front of you goblin guy, but some of the people in this room haven't even put on a costume in years! The closest thing I've had to combat training is boxing classes, and half the team is in some other place or whatever! I mean- I don't wanna speak for everyone here, but you have to understand what I'm saying right?! Us trying to help you in...whatever this is would be crazy, silly, and-and-"

Ivory paused as he found the words he was about to speak falter as they were about to leave his lips. He pursed his lips together and closed his eyes, "What am I saying? I...I don't even know the whole situation here and I'm already trying to pass up on the situation. I-I'm sorry it's just...this is all allot to take in at once. Like, I'm only just now seeing friends I haven't seen in years, and already there's a threat from another dimension on their doorstep, and all of that is just the stuff I have to process before I address the magical girl in the room!"

sitanomoto sitanomoto
Archon Archon
Pyosimros Pyosimros
reapertwo reapertwo
Cassie chuckled. "Don't worry, Ivory. Friday's already been contacting SHIELD to see what they could do. If you don't want to do anything, you don’t have to." She wasn't going to force anyone into anything they weren't comfortable with.

The goblin nodded. “I know, I know. It is a lot...” He looked inquisitively into space, as if he heard something strange. “It worked. He brought it. Thank goodness.” Breathing a sigh of relief, he continued. “I was made to learn dimension hopping. That’s all I’m good at. I’ve been to several other ones, and the only dimensions similar to ours that are destroyed, are those where the Avengers don’t exist or don’t act. That’s how important you are. My mission is to make the dimension gate for you guys. I hope you’ll at least let me build it, and decide whether to use it or not later.”

“How dare you, Banner?? The American flag doesn’t clash with anything except injustice!” Dimitri said, saluting cartoonishly. His silly comment reminded himself of Connor, as he wondered what he was up to these days. He turned to Lisa as she took his hand. “Crazy day, huh?” He followed the rest of the group up the stairs. Usually walking behind people was his least favorite thing, but it was comforting to take a minute to think.

Dawn walked backwards into his void and disappeared, before reappearing upstairs. Looking around, he saw Terry on the phone. “We have an interdenominational problem. Everyone is meeting up in the laboratory. You’re going to want to be there.” He said while walking away nonchalantly.
sitanomoto sitanomoto Loony_Bin Loony_Bin CasualDragon CasualDragon National National

"We're acting outside the Law here, Alex. But I guess you don't care." Aedan bit back at Alex with a hint of venom in his voice, disapproval over Alex's brute force shining with clarity. More than that, his words carried truth. Hydra may have been the aggressors, but they had influence within the law and government itself, the Avengers had destroyed vast amounts of their former power but it was far from gone. Even outside of Hydra itself, Connor was a vigilante, Alex was a fugitive who carried a sack of crimes that could bring him down, and Aedan was now an accomplice to both. Ever since the Civil War and the death of the Avengers, the military had not only clamped down on superhuman regulations, but also took to directly enforcing common laws. Until the Hydra conflict Connor was never a threat to national security, but after this eyes everywhere would be aimed on him.

Following Connor uneasily, Aedan's eyes fell on the desolation of his friend's old home and he couldn't help but feel a twinge of sympathy. This one-man crusade against Hydra was ruining Connor. Watching him depart with his metallic symbol of hope in-hand was nothing short of nostalgic. It felt like an heirloom from a different time, a different Connor, everyone changes over time for better or for worse. "We don't have long, this place will be swarming with more than the cops soon enough."

With quick sprinting after the blonde haired male, Aedan threw a quick glance at Aedan, mulling over the options not just for Connor, but now for all three. "We can lay low at my place, but it won't be safe for more than a few hours, a day if we're lucky..." Aedan rushed out between breaths, he looked forward to Connor, a look that said he knew what needed what had to be done. "Connor, there's only one place we'll be safe." Avengers Tower wasn't above the law, but it would give them pause. Aedan knew he last thing Connor wanted was to place a siege or blockade on Stark Tower, but they were out of options.
Crono Crono
D3lmoniko D3lmoniko

Whatever hope Natalie held in bringing Cassie back to the side of sanity was quickly crushed by Cassandra's big mouth. With it, coming a tirade of glory-seeking, idealistic idiocy which shunned whatever opinion Perry held and had the added effect of silencing him completely. Her face flushed red with anger, with a piercing glare aimed solely at Cassandra, before attacking Perry for a significantly briefer moment. It might've helped Cassie see reason if Natalie wasn't formerly so hostile, but at the moment she found herself feeling glowingly more irritant to everyone in the room, without exception.

Throwing her hands up in reckless abandon, the sorceress could do little more than march over to the furthest seat from the group and plant herself down, face buried in her palms. Her dad would berate her for going with them. But he'd murder her if she ignored it and left them to their own devices. So caught up in her own thoughts, Natalie didn't pay much attention to the newest edition to the group until he made a remark towards her, having ignored most of his speech she just gave a dismissive scoff in response She didn't know him, or anyone else for that matter. But she almost certainly hated most of them. If she had the power she'd throw everyone here into a portal and dump them all in different countries and get rid of the goblin. But she didn't, and their world was it risk because of it.

Pyosimros Pyosimros
sitanomoto sitanomoto
Loony_Bin Loony_Bin

Alex's questions on where they were going to go frustrated Connor and he threw up a hand as the walked, "If you hadn't noticed my place was just blown to pieces Alex, we can't stay here. And the cops will look to pin the blame where they can because the public will want someone held accountable for the damage, and I'm sure HYDRA will cleanup after themselves." When the trio reached the back exit Connor quickly started descending the fire escape and waited for the other two hit the ground before he moved further into the alleyway. The blonde listened as the sirens grew closer, likely setting up outside the front end of the building. As the men started reaching the border of the alley, Aedan was quick to throw his place out as somewhere to go but Connor was already shaking his head. It was clearly necessary as his friend was already hitting his current train of thought, that Stark Tower was the only place he could really go right now. Aedan's place was risky for far too many reasons, including a follow up hit by HYDRA. More than that he didn't want the other man more involved than need be.

"Cassie will let me stay until I figure things out." Though his voice was adamant he couldn't be entirely sure she'd be willing. The blonde turned his attention towards Aedan with features softening, "You should go home Aedan, you can still probably get out of this. They might have street-cam footage of you travelling to the building with me but nothing inside, no proof you didn't just take off like any residents the moment the explosions started." Admittedly it was a stretch but considering the big mess the police will have he could likely get away with it. Alex on the other hand was a different story since he not only once lived there but the other man had priors.

Reaching into his pocket he pulled his phone free from it's confines, intent on calling Cassie ahead of time but was met with a mostly shattered screen and no response. With an unhappy frown he slipped it back into his pocket and huffed. "My bike is parked in a garage two blocks over." He chewed slightly on his bottom lip considering how risky it might be to drive it to Stark Tower. Taxi's or walking could lead to similar risks for the same reasons, cameras. If the cops got serious about finding him they could potentially track his journey to the tower with the cameras which would only help their case to get a warrant to search the place later.​
D3lmoniko D3lmoniko Archon Archon

Ivory stopped rambling for a second to actually listen to his friend, taking in what Cassie was saying before taking a deep breath, "Yeah, okay, that's good, contacting SHIELD is good...okay, I'll calm down now and let you guys talk. In the meantime I guess I'll just sit down or something..." Ivory stepped forward and towards an empty chair, making sure to stay away from the weird looking girl who was cosplaying as that Doctor Strange guy Ivory had heard about a few times.

Trying to stay away from her was difficult though, as Ivory wondered just who the heck she was. She seemed upset about something, what that was Ivory was still unsure of, but it seemed to be eating at her. Nobody seemed to pay her much mind, which could mean that they were ignoring her or something, but it could also mean that she was some weird hallucination that his mind had conjured (It was defiantly one of those two things.) Curiosity was slowly getting to him, so the glances from the corner of his eye turned into full on stares, and the stares turned into scooting his chair closer, and before he knew it he was right next to her and tapping her shoulder. Ivory realized he couldn't very well just ask who she was, so his mind quickly raced through all the tricks he'd picked up during college about engaging in conversation, before eventually he settled on, "So hey...um...weird day huh? Did...did you get lost during some kind of tour of the tower or something, I'm assuming you're a fan or something because of the whole getup."

Archon Archon sitanomoto sitanomoto Pyosimros Pyosimros reapertwo reapertwo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back