• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Avengers: Rebooted (Closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
"Actually. Teleporting doesn't agree wi-" Finn was more than willing to take the stairs. In fact, stairs had been the way of the world since his first incident with the green guy when he was eight. An elevator that him and his father had been in got stuck and a panic attack triggered whatever gamma radiation he had in him. The sight of a tiny hulkling was 'cute' according to his father. He was too young to really do any damage at the time, but he would make up for that in the future. Small spaces still freaked him out to this day, teleportation too which probably stemmed from that time that they were all whisked away to a place where they were forced to vote to kill each other. It wasn't really a small space, but to Finn it felt like it. Darkness washed over them all like a blanket and when they showed up in the training room Finn stumbled to his knees breathing rapidly. Was his skin turning green or was that just his vision? Calm down. Calm down. Calm down. There was another voice growling in his mind as well. No. My turn. Finn for too long.

"Oh shit." He cussed. "Get back!" He shouted.Your voice is getting too deep. Stop him Finn. Hold him back. Apparently not an option. He had managed to stumble his way out of the training room and into the stairwell before his muscles started spasming. When he pushed himself back to his feet he was much bigger and not himself. Finn was pushed to the back, it was Smasher in charge. With a roar he turned and rammed himself back through the stairwell door. Voices. Smash. Only a wall between him and the voices that he would smash. So he forced his way through that wall as well. Smasher barely hesitated before he threw himself towards the group.

((Ahem. Attention. There was interest in bringing this back to life so I decided to bite the bullet and start this off. You're welcome.))

@AnyoneWhoWasTeleported

Natalie Strange

"No, Natalie Normal." She retorted with an all-too egoistical grin, a thin line lingering between a prideful smirk and a menacing glower. Though her eyes bore in on Cassandra with the force of a moving comet, her smile was childishly beaming as if she'd told the best joke in the world. She was far too proud of her answer to not indulge herself a little; but that didn't change the fact this new face had presumptuously inserted herself into Natalie's conversation with the accountant. "Wait, are you an accountant too?" Lips dropping slightly into a slightly disappointed frown, Natalie tried - and failed - to hide her exasperation. Accountants were awfully rude, it was dreadful really, she was a sorceress and demanded, nay deserved, the utmost pinnacle of loyalty and respect!
Pyosimros Pyosimros

Connor made his way towards the door only to have Aedan get it for him, but before he could thank him the young man threw out the teasing insult causing Connor to scoff while exiting. They moved along the sidewalk with Connor attempting to stay ever so slightly ahead of the other, and when Aedan decided to continue with the conversation he prevented himself from rolling his eyes. Despite Aedan's tone the other mans words were practically demeaning, not to mention he didn't have the patience to wait til they were at Connor's apartment which was quite literally a block away.

The man bit his tongue, not wanting to simply react, however his friend was currently trying to tear into him and what he was doing. Finally, as they came to a momentary stop at a crosswalk he turned Aedan's direction with a glare. Luckily the pair were alone as they waited for a chance to cross allowing for more free speech for the moment. "So you'd have me sit around and wait for them to make a move or slip up before getting involved? I'm doing my job Aedan. I didn't plan Rhode Island going south, I was just there to observe until I could find out what they were up to and where their main outpost was located."

When it was clear to cross he turned abruptly out of frustration and started walking. Turning once they were across to head down the other direction. Connor understood how it looked bad he wasn't ignorant to that. "A few minor scrapes from people fleeing is a win if you ask me. The only one's who took any hits were those agents and me, I made sure of it."

When they paused just outside the door that led into his apartment building he shook his head before continuing. "As far as forsaking my friends, everybody knows where I live Aedan. I may have stopped visiting the Tower on a weekly basis but I didn't tell anyone to stop visiting or contacting me. I'm not cutting myself off, I'm busy. " He snorted, buzzing himself in and holding the door open for Aedan to follow through. Connor wasn't enjoying the condescending words from a friend, today of all days.​
Archon Archon

Alex was inside Connor's apartment. He looks down at the entrance, seeing Connor walking and talking with someone who seems a little bit familiar. He shrugs it off, going towards a small sound system they had around. Putting his hand in his hoodie's pocket he takes out a cd. Alex gently puts it in the tray, at which point, a melody starts playing.

Smiling a bit, he turns on his heels, going to the kitchen. On the counter is a brown shopping bag, from which Alex pulls out a bottle of whiskey. He pours himself a small glass, and goes to sit on the living room, sitting on the couch and slowly sipping, eyes fixed on the door, sitting cross legged, as he knew it won't be long till they come through the door.

Aedan

The tension between Aedan and Captain Connor Rogers was currently palpable, the atmosphere tight and choking, Aedan's eyes burrowing deep into Connor's back as he listened in frustrated silence; deliberately keeping his pace a step behind Rogers, unable to currently look him in the eye. They'd changed, for better or worse, and - in Aedan's eyes - the man who so assuredly walked before him was not the symbol of hope and justice he was always meant to be. His ideals now warped by years of war, shaken by loss and clutching to the only sense of self worth left, his Shield. As if Connor Rogers had become Captain America, the suit wearing his skin, the shield wielding him. A weapon to be used against the insurgency that was Hydra, but at what cost?

Aedan's face bristled under Connor's retort, his cheeks turning a shade of furious red. "You're a renegade, Connor!" Aedan impulsively growled through clenched teeth, the hoarse sound not unlike a wolf baring fangs to a prey. Far more aggressive than he'd intended, but Aedan had always been relatively short-fused. With an ashamed look, Aedan glanced down and sighed, meeting Connor's eyes with an apologetic glance. The duo now ascending the stairs to Connor's small abode. "Look, I get it... Really, I do." Aedan breathed out with exasperation, his face etched with compassion and concern. "But you told nobody about Rhode Island. not me, not Shield, not even the Avengers." Pausing briefly, Aedan mulled over his next words. He knew what he wanted to say, to reprimand Connor for throwing himself after Hydra like a mad dog. To warn him how his actions were endangering innocents. But such words would fall on death ears, and sever whatever influence Aedan might otherwise have. Antagonizing his friend wasn't the way to make him see sense.

As the duo paused outside the simple door to Connor's apartment, Aedan took the moment to continue the monologue. "You think you're alone. You think Hydra is your problem, a problem you have to fix." With a gentle tone, Aedan placed his hand upon Connor's shoulder and gave it a tight squeeze, "We're a team, Cap. Your problems are my problems." With a hopeful smile, he pressed his speech, eyes ablaze with determination. "You use that shield to protect those who can't protect themselves." He whispered matter-of-factly, "But you're not a shield. You're a man. You're my friend. And sometimes, even you need protecting."

Whatever effect Aedan's passionate - if not slightly soppy - speech had on Connor was lost behind a gaping maw and wide eyes, the door to the rogue Captain's apartment now etched open to reveal the telltale sign of a break-in, the blaring music reverberating across the walls was the first sign. The second sign lay in a bottle of whiskey placed recklessly on the table. The third reason would be the hooded figure sitting apprehensively upon Connor's couch. Aedan's first instinct was to tense up and prepare for a fight, but he noticed a softness in Connor's eye that forced a double-take. Then it clicked. Alex.

With an entirely genuine smirk creeping up Aedan's face, Aedan spun on his feet to face Connor, abandoning all former talk of Hydra and Rhode Island. "I think you two need some privacy... I'll be outside, if you need me." With a reassuring nod and a second - final - squeeze on Cap's shoulder, Aedan departed the room with a hurried pace, slowly closing the door and taking up watch duty on the corridor outside. With Connor's personal war on Hydra and Alex's own major links to the group, Aedan was more than on high-alert. He was scared. Alex and Connor in the same place, with Aedan here, too. It became all too clear just how unsafe Connor's apartment was, a sinking feeling set in his stomach at the realization this place was compromised beyond a doubt. The smart move would be to get the duo and leave - right now. But he was selfish, if Hydra arrived - if they attacked here - maybe Connor would understand exactly what Aedan's words meant.

Crono Crono D3lmoniko D3lmoniko

Last edited:
Ivory kept a a small smile as Terry went on about working at Stark and legitimately attempted to show interest in who Terry was and what he did on a regular basis, but it as soon as he mentioned Cassie's emotional state, Ivory froze. He looked towards Terry with concern clear in his eyes and voice, "Um...y-you said Cassie's out of it? I know it's none of my business what so ever, but uh, how out of it is she? Because there've been times when Cass was 'out of it' and caused major damage. I- look I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful or anything but you've gotta know that none of us back then were exactly stable, and when we blew up, we blew up majorly and- God I sound really rude right now just make sure she's okay...alright?"

sitanomoto sitanomoto
Terry gulped. GOSH FREAKING DARNIT TERRY YOU IDIOT He yelled at himself mentally. STOP SAYING TOO MUCH. His face paled as he tried to put words together. "I-it's n-n-not my place to say.... I mean... She's not th-that-- What I mean is-- shit... Um... You'd be better off asking h-her..." His voice cracked throughout the entire stammering episode. He realized how stupid he must have sounded, and a furious blush appeared on his cheeks.
~~~~~~~~
"This will be far quicker." Dawn said as he raised his arms, the darkness washing over every person in the room. After about a second, it peeled back away to show they were now in the training room. "I didn't know where it was, but since one of you did, I could come here using your memory."

Dimitri looked around, bewildered. "That didn't make any sense, but it's pretty cool." He then pulled out his phone and texted Cassie, letting her know what happened.
@LokiofSP CasualDragon CasualDragon sitanomoto sitanomoto Vsland Vsland
"Actually. Teleporting doesn't agree wi-" Finn was more than willing to take the stairs. In fact, stairs had been the way of the world since his first incident with the green guy when he was eight. An elevator that him and his father had been in got stuck and a panic attack triggered whatever gamma radiation he had in him. The sight of a tiny hulkling was 'cute' according to his father. He was too young to really do any damage at the time, but he would make up for that in the future. Small spaces still freaked him out to this day, teleportation too which probably stemmed from that time that they were all whisked away to a place where they were forced to vote to kill each other. It wasn't really a small space, but to Finn it felt like it. Darkness washed over them all like a blanket and when they showed up in the training room Finn stumbled to his knees breathing rapidly. Was his skin turning green or was that just his vision? Calm down. Calm down. Calm down. There was another voice growling in his mind as well. No. My turn. Finn for too long.

"Oh shit." He cussed. "Get back!" He shouted.Your voice is getting too deep. Stop him Finn. Hold him back. Apparently not an option. He had managed to stumble his way out of the training room and into the stairwell before his muscles started spasming. When he pushed himself back to his feet he was much bigger and not himself. Finn was pushed to the back, it was Smasher in charge. With a roar he turned and rammed himself back through the stairwell door. Voices. Smash. Only a wall between him and the voices that he would smash. So he forced his way through that wall as well. Smasher barely hesitated before he threw himself towards the group.

((Ahem. Attention. There was interest in bringing this back to life so I decided to bite the bullet and start this off. You're welcome.))

@AnyoneWhoWasTeleported
Robin fell face-first to the ground with a metallic thud as her helmet made contact with the floor. "OW!!" She rubbed her head as she sat up. "A bit of a WARNING next time would be nice." She said to Dawn, glaring at him. He couldn't see it, of course, with it being under her mask at all, but the gesture was made plain as she crossed her arms.
She looked up at Finn. "Hey, man, I know I'm not feeling well but at least I'm not... turning.... green... oh damn..." She trailed off as she realized what was happening. She cast a glance at Michael just as Smasher... well... smashed his way through the door. "Um... how does fighting together sound instead? I'd rather not get clobbered to bits...." She looked up at Finn's now-gargantuan-and-green figure from her position on the floor. "Maybe if we don't move, he won't see us..." She whispered. Then Smasher jumped towards them, and out of instinct, she pushed the button on her glove that made her shrink, and just like that, she disappeared from view. Vsland Vsland (HENLO YES WE STARTED AGAIN.)
~~~~~~~~
Cassie heard the CRASH upstairs and looked at her phone at Dimitri's text. They were using the sparring room, Virtually indestructable. She had nothing to worry about. I swear if someone breaks a flipping window again I'm tossing them off the balcony. She thought, chugging down the last of her Dr. Pepper as she continued decrypting the hidden files on the flash drive.
Yes. I added the window reference. Just for Old Time's Sake.

Micheal's eyes widened as he watched Finn crash through the wall as a giant green beast. He narrowed his eyes and steadied his breathing, seemingly turning into another person. One who was more cold, more calculated and much more willing to fight a stronger opponent. As Smasher charged at him, the male jumped back, flipping in the air and landing on his hands before he pushed himself off, propelling himself backwards even more. As he landed, he dragged his foot around in a circle, lowering his center of gravity before clenching his fist harder.

"I can take him..." He yelled out as he closed his eyes, both of his hands beginning to glow in a golden aura, the glow warming up the room. He opened his eyes, the small yellow spark appearing between his lids before he charged at Finn, running right at him with no sign of stopping.

Micheal suddenly slid under the giant green monster's legs, and once he was through, he dug his heels into the ground and pushed himself back up, turning around and spinning in the air as he aimed a punch at Finn's back, right in the center, targeting it's spine to temporarily paralyze him...hopefully.
CasualDragon CasualDragon sitanomoto sitanomoto reapertwo reapertwo

As soon as he saw the smasher lunging at them, Dimitri moved himself and Lisa out of the way with a smile. “Just like old times!” Dimitri took a selfie with the smasher scene in the background and sent it to Cassie with a disapproving face and the text, “CONTROL YOUR MAN”. After hitting send, he turned to Lisa. “Do you think you can calm him down? Assuming the immortal super hippie doesn’t have this in the bag.” Smasher reminded him of the goblin creature from the video. He found himself more consumed by that than by his current problem... after all, at least this one was familiar.

“I’m sorry... I didn’t know...” Dawn said, both to those who didn’t approve of him bringing there, and to those who now have to deal with the resulting hulk. Shaking the emotions from his head, he summoned dark energy that swirled around his hands with the intention to cast the Smasher to somewhere else on earth. After Michael engaged with Smasher, he changed his plan. He dispelled the dark energy in favor of light, with the intention to heal anyone who got hurt.
CasualDragon CasualDragon sitanomoto sitanomoto Vsland Vsland

As the pair moved into the apartment building Connor was silent whilst Aedan led the case against what he'd been doing. Naming him a Renegade, claiming he should have told someone. "Last I checked there were no Avengers, not anymore." He hissed lightly at the man as they climbed up the steps, the temptation to tell Aedan off was getting closer and closer until he'd switched gears to a different approach. The other mans words hit somewhere deep down, that even Connor needed protecting. Any frustration he'd built up started easing away slowly and he shook his head, "Inhuman actually." He corrected softly, turning off the stairwell and stepping up to the door of his apartment.

Already he'd been fishing the keys out of his pocket, but quickly noticed the music going inside, which he hadn't left on. One twist of the doorknob told him it was unlocked despite him locking up after leaving every morning. Connor briefly flashed a quick look to Aedan before stepping forwards and opening the door. There was a mix of emotions at the sight of Alex sitting on the couch ahead of them, and the man by his side was quick to make his exit. Connor turning his head for a split second, eyes asking him not to leave but to no effect. When the door shut behind him he let out a sigh, then started silently walking into the apartment. Carefully placing his bag and laptop on the kitchen table, spotting the whiskey nearby.

Connor nearly preferred the silence, beyond the music, but knew it couldn't last. Stepping towards the entertainment center he turned the music off before returning to the kitchen and leaning backwards against the sink on his hands. Eyes locked onto Alex across the apartment, staying like that quietly for the time being. Two years ago Alex had moved into the apartment, life had been good, back then he'd seen his friends more often and he had the man he loved sleeping next to him. The Avengers were over but he still had his shield, his name, and could do what he'd always done. But all good things come to an end, something he was once naive enough not to believe.

It had been a year since he'd seen the man now sitting on his couch, their falling out hadn't been a silent one. But Connor had managed to keep it from being public knowledge, his parents knew. Finn knew as well after a visit and seeing Alex's belongings gone, wasn't hard to put two and two together. But otherwise he'd told nobody, anyone else who knew found out by other means or guessed. Now the man was back and Connor hadn't an idea as to why, he wasn't smiling nor frowning but completely neutral. "What are you doing here Alex?" He asked finally, tone more accusing than he'd aimed for.​
D3lmoniko D3lmoniko
Archon Archon

Micheal's eyes widened as he watched Finn crash through the wall as a giant green beast. He narrowed his eyes and steadied his breathing, seemingly turning into another person. One who was more cold, more calculated and much more willing to fight a stronger opponent. As Smasher charged at him, the male jumped back, flipping in the air and landing on his hands before he pushed himself off, propelling himself backwards even more. As he landed, he dragged his foot around in a circle, lowering his center of gravity before clenching his fist harder.

"I can take him..." He yelled out as he closed his eyes, both of his hands beginning to glow in a golden aura, the glow warming up the room. He opened his eyes, the small yellow spark appearing between his lids before he charged at Finn, running right at him with no sign of stopping.

Micheal suddenly slid under the giant green monster's legs, and once he was through, he dug his heels into the ground and pushed himself back up, turning around and spinning in the air as he aimed a punch at Finn's back, right in the center, targeting it's spine to temporarily paralyze him...hopefully.
CasualDragon CasualDragon sitanomoto sitanomoto reapertwo reapertwo
As soon as he saw the smasher lunging at them, Dimitri moved himself and Lisa out of the way with a smile. “Just like old times!” Dimitri took a selfie with the smasher scene in the background and sent it to Cassie with a disapproving face and the text, “CONTROL YOUR MAN”. After hitting send, he turned to Lisa. “Do you think you can calm him down? Assuming the immortal super hippie doesn’t have this in the bag.” Smasher reminded him of the goblin creature from the video. He found himself more consumed by that than by his current problem... after all, at least this one was familiar.

“I’m sorry... I didn’t know...” Dawn said, both to those who didn’t approve of him bringing there, and to those who now have to deal with the resulting hulk. Shaking the emotions from his head, he summoned dark energy that swirled around his hands with the intention to cast the Smasher to somewhere else on earth. After Michael engaged with Smasher, he changed his plan. He dispelled the dark energy in favor of light, with the intention to heal anyone who got hurt.
CasualDragon CasualDragon sitanomoto sitanomoto Vsland Vsland
Robin, now tiny, had clambered up Smasher's leg, up his side, and onto his shoulder. The Ant-Girl clung tightly to the side of Smasher's neck, being sure not to pinch too tight, and waited to see if Michael's punch collided with the mini hulk's spine. If the punch didn't work, she had another plan.

Lisa looked at Dawn with a sympathetic smile. "It's alright. We can handle it!" She scoffed at Dimitri. "I'd have to look him in the eyes, 'Mitri, and I'm pretty sure I don't want to get that close." Renegade snipers were one thing. Giant irradiated rage monsters were an entirely different ballpark.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Cassie didn't even look up from her holo-screen, so she didn't see Dimitri's text. She was too busy working on decrypting the rest of Harry's files.

Alex slowly put the glass down, eyeing Connor as well. He shrugged, seemingly pointing at the glass. "Thought I would pass by for a drink. Thought you would be more glad." Alex said with a tone as if nothing happened. He could feel the tension in the room, so he rose up, looking towards the entertaining system. "Hey, that was a good song, why did you turn it off? This silence, it's deafening. Reminds me of 'home'. "

He put his hands into his pockets, whistling, and looking at the bags. He runs his metal hand around them, trying to open a discussion subject. The silence was really deafening, well, mostly because a small ringing was still going on in his head, it becoming increasingly worse by the minute.

"To be honest, I thought you would've believed me to be dead. After what I've been through, even I don't know." Alex forced a smile, but mostly a grimace was showing on his face. Clearing his throat, he went to the window, casting his glance onto the streets again. He took the other hand out, having an USB stick in it. He gently threw it on the couch. "Research data. Years worth of it. Even before the Winter Soldier program." As Alex looked and acted, it seemed as if he was a changed man. Even a different man all together.

Crono Crono Archon Archon

Bugs. The whole lot of them. Tiny creatures to be stomped on or beaten into the ground. The fast one and the shrinking one would be hard. Not fast. The one with the glowy glowy hands would be a good place to start. Or the other one with the dark that changed to light. Those two. Glowy one first. He slid between Smasher's legs and he twisted around to try and grab him. Before he was full around though the fist grazed the area between his spine and ribs. Despite the fact that it wasn't a direct hit, it was still the world's most intense kidney punch. Smasher slid backwards, tumbled and skidded across the floor. Hurt. Bug hurt. He would have to be quicker. Not fast. He pushed himself to his feet, the prosthetic squeaking from a year of disuse. Smasher hadn't even noticed that the shrinking girl was clinging onto his neck. All he knew was that he was mad. He tried to dig his hands into the floor to throw a chunk at the glow worm, but his hands harmlessly clawed at the ground. Almost like the room was built to not be destroyed. Wall. He had already burst through the wall. It had hurt. Made him mad. Forget everyone else. Glow man had caused pain. He growled and ran towards him with his fist pulled back as if to punch. When he was close enough though he thrust his leg out in a sweeping kick rather than a punch with the hopes of kicking this pest through the hole he had already made earlier.

Vsland Vsland sitanomoto sitanomoto reapertwo reapertwo

CASSANDRA
"No, Natalie Normal."

The pun was worse than anything Perry could've spit out in his lame joke-making prime, though it did confirm her suspicions: this was Natalie Strange. Cassandra let out a brief huff of a sigh, looking towards Natalie's smirk and then towards Perry. He bore the same expression as Natalie to the jest, likely pleased that someone matched his terrible sense of humour. Cassandra's eyes then looked towards Natalie, as she continued to ask if she was an accountant herself.

"Yep!" Perry cut-in as Cassandra was beginning to open her mouth. "We both work at the same-"

Cassandra delivered a hard symbiote-enhanced elbow to Perry's stomach. These jests were becoming too much.

"No we're not accountants," Cassandra sighed once again, as the light groan of Perry could be heard in the background. "We're in the hero business like I assume you're in too. If you don't know already, my friend's Perry - the current Spider-Man - and I'm Cassandra a...'nother hero."

Despite the few years with the symbiote Cassandra found it hard to bring it up when in her civilian wear and she was conversing with strangers. Based on the origins, she grew a fear that she'd be pinned as a murder-machine and nothing else. And yet it may've been true many years ago, she's been trying to make strides towards the opposite direction.

"Nice to meet you! So...'didja use the wrong spell or something?" Perry chimed in, his light wounds beginning to heal.

Archon Archon

"Well it's not like you left a number when you left." Connor replied promptly when Alex mentioned his not knowing if the other man was dead. With his question still unanswered Connor ran a hand through his hair with a sigh, until a USB was tossed on the couch with a small explanation. Admittedly he was a little curious but overall he didn't understand the significance. Finally he pushed off the counter and grabbed a cup from the nearby cabinet and poured himself a cup of water from the sink tap, then slipped into one of the seats at the small kitchen table. "I'm happy to see you, I am...." It wasn't a lie, he was glad to see Alex was still alive and kicking. But the last time they'd spoken it hadn't exactly gone well, considering the end of their relationship. "...but, what was so important in that outdated research that it brought you back here?" Connor didn't understand Alex's reasoning for much anymore and he hated it. Placing both hands around the cup he momentarily focused on cooling it to a better temperature before taking a sip.​
D3lmoniko D3lmoniko

She'd never have pegged the duo as heroes, they certainly didn't look the part, but Natalie wasn't exactly an expert on recent heroic attire. Besides it was quite likely the fake accountants were just small-time street prowlers. Not like the Avengers - or whatever they went by now - and certainly not like Sorceress Supreme-to-be. Before Natalie was haplessly pulled into the void of her thoughts, her focus fixed on Cassandra, her mind greedily absorbing everything the other woman said.

"Spider-Man?" Natalie asked with a puzzled expression, arms folded and leaning her weight on a single leg, burying herself in deep thought. It was definitely a familiar alias, but one she failed to place nonetheless. It appeared an educated guess was in order. "So you can like... turn into a spider?" She questioned apprehensively, as probably the least desirable superpower in the entire book, Natalie didn't try to hide her mild disgust, face morphing into a light grimace as the mental image of a giant multi-legged arachnid clamoring around the Sanctum Sanctorum invaded her mind. Ew.

"So what's your superpower?" She replied curtly to Perry's partner. But Natalie's concentration was a fickle thing, and the Spider-Man caught her attention firmly in his web by inquiring about the spell. She ignored the fact he greeted her twice now and jumped directly to what mattered. "It wasn't a spell gone wrong!" Natalie retorted defensively, shifting nervously on her feet. "Like I said, it happens all the time!" Her voice was shaded by nervous laughter and she attempted to clear her throat before straightening her posture. "Look, there's nothing wrong with the spell, I could cast it in my sleep... It's my focus after the spell is cast which led to, well, this." Natalie answered earnestly, accepting the damage to her pride in-favor of some heart-wrenching honesty. I hate humans.
Pyosimros Pyosimros

Alex turned, holding in his metal hand some old dog tags. "... Well, I taught I would crash here, since I'm back." He shrugged, picking up the whiskey glass. A flinch could be seen as the whiskey seems to move from side to side, like a tide. Clearing his throat his expression turns back to a neutral one. "This data should bring closer to both of us regarding the experiments they did. One even mentions the name of, and I quote, 'The Captain's child'. But other than that small snippet, there are only things about the atrocities they did to orphans." Taking a big gulp of the whiskey, he puts back on the table, letting out a small sigh.

"You know what I regret? That they didn't even scream when I killed these bastards." He shook his head. "Not even one beg of mercy." The veins on his normal arm seem to tens, as his hand closes in a fist. Relaxing it, he puts it to his head, groaning a bit. "Anyway, what've you been up to? How're the others?" This sudden change of attitude was weird to say the least. From anger to normal in just a few seconds. A clink could be heard as the dog tags are dropped in the whiskey glass.

Crono Crono

Bugs. The whole lot of them. Tiny creatures to be stomped on or beaten into the ground. The fast one and the shrinking one would be hard. Not fast. The one with the glowy glowy hands would be a good place to start. Or the other one with the dark that changed to light. Those two. Glowy one first. He slid between Smasher's legs and he twisted around to try and grab him. Before he was full around though the fist grazed the area between his spine and ribs. Despite the fact that it wasn't a direct hit, it was still the world's most intense kidney punch. Smasher slid backwards, tumbled and skidded across the floor. Hurt. Bug hurt. He would have to be quicker. Not fast. He pushed himself to his feet, the prosthetic squeaking from a year of disuse. Smasher hadn't even noticed that the shrinking girl was clinging onto his neck. All he knew was that he was mad. He tried to dig his hands into the floor to throw a chunk at the glow worm, but his hands harmlessly clawed at the ground. Almost like the room was built to not be destroyed. Wall. He had already burst through the wall. It had hurt. Made him mad. Forget everyone else. Glow man had caused pain. He growled and ran towards him with his fist pulled back as if to punch. When he was close enough though he thrust his leg out in a sweeping kick rather than a punch with the hopes of kicking this pest through the hole he had already made earlier.

Vsland Vsland sitanomoto sitanomoto reapertwo reapertwo

As guessed by the tiny bug on Smasher's shoulder, the kick didn't work. Robin steeled herself for what was to come.
"Well... Here goes nothin..."

jumping off of Smasher's shoulder and onto the floor, she tensed up and jumped, her tiny figure flying through the air. She flipped mid-air so her hands were facing the ground, then grabbed Smasher's shoulder again, growing full-size and then using the strength, power and momentum from her size transformation to flip him onto his back.

(Did I write that well? can everyone visualize what just happened?)

stephen-nickel-green-concept-1-biggewr.jpg

The creature brushed the dust off of his hat before putting it on, looking off of the roof he was standing on. It was a lot of work making sure the oscorp incident looked as if it never happened, and storing the files, evidence, and weapons including his own, in his hat. Now it was only a matter of finding this world's Avengers, assuming they existed here. He saw stark tower and shrugged, as if to say it was worth a shot. Just before he began to make his way over, he saw a familiar face below.... or at least familiar from another dimension. Excitedly, he crawled down the side, careful to not be seen out in the open. After dropping down into an alleyway that was near the conversation, he whispered loudly, "Pssssssst! Perry, Over here!" His voice sounded like a child's, but slightly raspy. Pyosimros Pyosimros Archon Archon

Last edited by a moderator:
Connor was thinking on Alex's hope to stay at his place for a while, unsure of how he felt about it. Before he could think on it long the other man mentioned him in the studies causing the blonde's face to twist in confusion. "Wait, they mentioned me in there?" Now he was no longer simply curious. Though when Alex next spoke of killing them and wishing he'd done more, Connor momentarily dropped the curiosity. A fist slamming down onto the table, not too hard but not soft either. There was a clearly unhappy glare towards the other man, "In one year you reverted back to that person?" Connor shook his head in frustration, every bone in his body wanting to tell his ex to leave. But a part of him knew that wasn't the way to play this out, so he held his tongue on the subject, if nothing else he could keep an eye on Alex.

The shock and disbelief was clearly written on his face. "Just throwing away everything you'd worked to become!?" Including me. Connor hated that the thought crossed his mind, he'd decided long ego that he would move on, that he had moved on. Alex showing up, sitting in what was once their shared home, it was just bringing back the pain he'd felt. With emotions spiking, the glass in his hand still half-full of water froze over and he set it down on the table before it could break in his hand.​
D3lmoniko D3lmoniko
Archon Archon

PERRY PARKER
"Y-You've never heard of me?" Perry questioned the girl, having no joke to respond with. It's true Perry has never been too much in the limelight, even in his peak crime-fighting days - though even so he thought the name would've been recognized based on his father's legacy. Nonetheless Perry allowed the girl to talk about Cassandra now, it was something Perry would've preferred over discussing his forgotten alias anyways.

"I don't really have any powers. Just a super suit," Cassandra replied.

"She's kind of like the Starks in a way! Only without the smarts, the trillions of dollars, the resources--" Perry cut himself off from his jab once he felt the aura of a demon stirring next to him, instead opting for a deep chuckle.

Thankfully, something else had called for a change in subject as well.

""Pssssssst! Perry, Over here!"

Perry's face lit up once his name was called again. "Someone cal-" He turned around and his words were instantly silenced.

What stood in front of him was some sort of creature, the closest thing he could compare it with was some sort of fantastical goblin, only with a more clean look rather than the generic grime. Perry had seen much; aliens, powers he could only imagine, though this was a new experience for him. His face suddenly turned into one of confusion, and he rephrased his words.

"H...Hello there! Are you lost or something?"

reapertwo reapertwo Archon Archon

Alex looked in Connor's direction, his smile subsiding. "You have no idea what those fuckers did to me and the others." Alex picked up the glass. "You have-" He throws the glass at the wall next to Connor, it smashing and the dog tags landing on the ground. "-NO FUCKING IDEA." Alex yells. His yell could be heard well past the door. "Every night I didn't sleep. I just fell unconscious. I couldn't fall asleep because every time the others would scream." His breathing got heavy, face red, veins in his neck clearly showing.

"They would've just been placed in prison if I captured them. I couldn't risk those creatures to live a relaxed life in the government's protection!" He shows his metal hand. Oddly enough, the star on it was gone. "I strangled them. I watched their life drain from their eyes! I dreamed that! They made me this way!" Alex continues. By now, his body was arched forward, his metallic arm in a fist. A moment of silence passed, before Alex regained his composure. "... I think I should leave. This-" Alex gestures to him and Connor with his hand. "-It's not working."

Crono Crono Archon Archon

Aedan stood cautiously beside the door, his arms aptly folded in nervous apprehension. Every few second, his eyes would scan the surroundings like a spotlight hunting it's target. However, the echo of a threatening smash set him on high alert, the reverberations of the clatter still audible from Connor's own room. Hearing the muffled sounds of shouting, Aedan braced himself for impact and swiveled into the door, ramming it open with one shoulder in anticipation of a conflict.

Yet it was a different kind of conflict, the male managed to intrude on. "Alex?!" He snapped in disbelief, eyes moving to the shattered remnants of a glass strewn across the floor. "You gave me a heart attack!" Aedan stuttered out in relieved surprise, his nerves calming upon realizing Alex hadn't gone all 'Winter Soldier' on Connor and that Hydra was still very much absent from the small apartment. "Next time you want to go smashing things, tell me fi - "

"DETONATE!"

In an instant, everything plunged into chaos; explosions racked the living space as the walls, floor, and roof of Connor's abode were obliterated in an instant, the orange-fiery hue followed by the immense cloud of dust and destruction being the telltale signs of C4. Aedan's head was swimming, thoughts barely seemed to register as he fought the intense concussion building from within his skull. There were certainly safer activities than falling a whole story into a wooden cabinet; though on that token he was lucky to still be in one piece, being mangled by falling debris was not how he wanted to go.

"Retrieve the data, take the Winter Soldier alive." A Rough voice growled, Aedan's eyes struggled to raise, yet he could make out the dark silhouettes of several heavily armored Operatives were closing in nearby, bright beams indicating torches and scanners. "Kill Rogers and the other." The words clicked in his mind like the final piece of a puzzle, a rush of sanity swarmed Aedan's head as he came back to his sense. Raising to his feet steadily, he let out a dark grimace of pain, sea-blue eyes boring in on the collection of people before the trio, the beams shot forward like a Viper lunging for it's prey, lighting Connor Alex and Aedan up in a spotlight to the small army in front. A swarm of bullets quickly followed, causing Aedan to instinctively to shoot out his hands to take the momentum of the onslaught before him, the excruciating pain of the ability mingled with his intense concussion, causing the man to yelp in pain before collapsing to his knees.

He'd stopped the bullets - now it was up to Alex and Connor to deal with Hydra.
Crono Crono
D3lmoniko D3lmoniko
(Fun time!)

The creature rolled his eyes with his hands on his hips. “Lost.... No I’m not lost, Perry. I just... need directions.... to the avengers. Do they have the avengers here? Please say yes.” He rambled on, forgetting to explain who he was or where he was from. “And you guys need to come too! It involves you!” He said to both Cassandra and Natalie. Archon Archon Pyosimros Pyosimros

Natalie gawked, wide-eyed, at the small goblin-type creature before her, squinting incessantly to figure out what such an abysmal little thing was. "Why is Dobby here?!" She complained in exasperation, throwing her hands out as if something cataclysmic had just taken place - which it had. "Those stupid books are a mockery to everything magical!" Natalie spoke again, debating with only herself. "They should be burnt like the abominations they are!" She continued passionately, steering entirely off topic. Whilst inadvertently diverging sacred information that could be used against her, that she had in fact, watched the movies.

Taking a breath, Natalie steadied herself and gave the creature another glare, before turning her palms skywards and allowing the familiar tingle of mystic energy to flood her system. "Although the wretched little thing has a point, I came here for Avengers Tower. And we've dilly-dally'd long enough." Waving her hands in a slow circular motion, Natalie creased her brow and bid her mind to be clear of all interference. "Be silent!" She hissed mid-spell, just to ensure they understood she needed complete focus to pull this off.

Orange runes began to dance about the ground around her, the wind dancing in a frenzied charge, as if being beckoned towards Natalie like moths to a flame. She let her features relax, and ambivalence rested gently upon her face, with each steady breath her chest fell to a ever slowing rhythm. Then, when the windy breeze chilled and dispersed, time seemed to halt entirely. If not for the magical constructs spinning like sawblades, one might be mistaken in thinking as much.

Like the calm before the storm, the aura of tranquility was soon dispersed as Natalie's hands lurched out in a powerful pushing motion, causing what appeared to be a literal tear in the air before them - one hard pull later - and it was no longer a tear, but a large ethereal gateway, whirling and thrumming with arcane energy. "There! All done!" Natalie exclaimed with a chipper tone, smirking proudly to herself. Without missing a beat, she stepped through the portal without input from the others, only to exhale a large breath she hadn't realized she was holding.

"It worked!" She squeaked again, her success evidenced by the lack of free-falling and the various assortments of lab-like equipment scattered about the room. "Eugh, what a mess." Her lips curled up in hidden-disgust, the overwhelming stench of sweat and oil filled her nostrils like an invading horde. With a disapproving frown plastered on her face, Natalie poked at a large metallic suit laying nearby, only to yelp slightly as various ear-shattering alarms began to scream out at the intrusion; instinctively, the shock and fright of the alarm made her hand shoot out and let loose a stray blast of magic.
reapertwo reapertwo sitanomoto sitanomoto Pyosimros Pyosimros

Last edited:
Cassie yelped as something, or rather, someone teleported into her lab. A blast of magic hit her in the chest and she fell over backwards.

Intruder Alert

Intruder Alert

"FRIDAY! ACTIVATE DEFENSE PROTOCOL!" Cassie yelled, swiping away the Holo-screen and summoning her own gauntlet. Her head was pounding even more and she felt like she was going to be sick, but she didn't let it show.

"Defense protocol activated."

The suit that Natalie had poked suddenly sprang to life and grabbed her by the arms, restraining her with superhuman strength. Two others leapt from their stands and restrained her legs, pinning her.

Cassie raised her gauntlet, charging it up with a whrrrrrr as it readied to fire if the need arouse. "Who the hell are you and what do you want?" The shadows under her eyes would be deepened now, much more prominent since she was struck, and she stood. She swayed in place for a moment before steadying herself, leaning her ungauntleted hand on the table.

((Note: the alarms would just be for that floor. the rest of the building is fine.))
4c545769197507b790c474889d5dc0ef.jpg marvel-iron-man-mark-III-stealth-mode-version-sixth-scale-hot-toys-silo-902550.png
7c52fdc63a673abd33a70734399591f9.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back