• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Avengers: Rebooted (Closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
“Galileo! GALILEO! Galileo Figaro!!! MAGNIFICOOOOO!!”
Cassie groaned as she came to, her head pounding and stomach churning. “Ugh.... H-hey Friday?” She said, not daring to open her eyes.
Yes, Boss?
Time Check?
11:46, Boss.
Cassie opened her eyes and groggily lifted her head. Sunlight streamed into her eyes, and she lifted her arm to shield them. She was laying down lengthwise on her couch, feet resting on one arm and head propped up on the other. The coffee table was littered with crumbs and empty paper plates and a mostly empty pizza box, as well as several labelless dark brown bottles. There was marinara sauce around her mouth like she had had a love affair of a most serious sort with her double cheese pizza with stuffed crust.
Bohemian Rhapsody was playing, and Cassie’s head felt like it was getting squeezed by a vice. What a lovely way to wake up.
How many this time, Friday?
Two and a half six packs.
Cassie groaned again and grabbed the small pillow that lay on the floor next to her, putting it over her face to block out the light. She felt awful but she had completed her experiment. She ran her tongue over the roof of her mouth and sighed into the pillow. The start to a hopefully peaceful day.

Last edited:
The car was heading right his way, tumbling end over end as it flew through the air. He desperately tried to move but he was stuck in place. Why can't I move? Then darkness, the car had hit him straight on. The screen faded to black with white "game over" lettering. Finn looked down at the keyboard and realized his mistake. His hands weren't in the right position. He grumbled and shut down the game. Despite the fact that the game was popular online and that he was, not to stroke his own ego, a smart guy he had put his hands in the wrong positions and thus was frantically pushing the wrong keys. It was pretty safe to say that video games had never been his strong suit.

Pushing himself away from his work desk Finn made his way over to the small kitchen area and pulled open the fridge. Various lunch bags with sticky notes were haphazardly thrown into the space and he found himself wishing for telekinesis as he attempted to get his own sticky noted lunch from the far depths. After a few moments of shuffling around and accidentally knocking a few bags on the floor (and thus trying to put the named sticky notes back on the correct bags) he had managed to grab his own bag. Sitting down at the table he pulled out his sandwich and stared forlornly out the window. This was his life now, and it was boring. Working a desk job was nothing like The Office. There was no Jim or Dwight, or any of the other cast for that matter, to make life interesting. His co-workers were all boring. Except for Ian who was trying to sleep with everyone in the building, ate a twelve pack of yogurt every day, and would steal any and all pencils, markers, and coffee mugs that were left lying around. Ian wasn't a good interesting, especially since Finn continuously forgot about his kleptomania and had to go buy new writing materials almost every other day.

Finn threw out the empty sandwich bag and headed back to his desk where he realized that his newest batch of pens were missing. He sighed and rubbed his forehead and pulled out the pen he kept in his pants pockets in case of emergency. Working this boring desk job for a tech company almost made him wish for his old life back. Keyword, almost. He was currently living a nice happy life under the name of Randy White where death and destruction didn't follow him everywhere. He had a cheep apartment in Sunnyside so he was still in New York and he had kept his old phone and phone number. His life was boring. Safe. But boring.

"Uh-huh.... no, I said six million... where in the hell did you get four?" Terry was pacing back and forth behind his desk, earpiece in one ear, folders and papers in hand, rifling through them as he spoke. "I never once said.... oh come on, Jodie, you're my top intern! You're supposed to be.....! uh-huh.... Uh-huh... Ohh, I see.... Yep.... mm-hmm. Alright, so you'll get on that?.... great. Give me hourly updates via text or call, Jodie. Alright, thanks. You're a doll, you know that?.... okay, bye!" He pressed a button on his earpiece and put the papers down on his desk, sitting down and getting right to work.

Ever since Tony had given the company to him, Terry had risen to the challange spectacularly. He was managing it just as well as, if not better than, Pepper had. Cassie had shown little to no interest in taking on STARK Industries, but she was there for Terry whenever he needed her.
His fingers moved on his laptop with blazing speed. He had no clue how he managed secret missions and Cassie and a company all at once, but he did, and he did all of them well. Lately it was quiet, no reason to don his STRIKER Mk. II suit, so he had extra time on his hands, but quiet didn't necessarily mean good, especially for his sister.

He missed seeing Cassie interact with other Human beings the way she would as Irongal. strong, supportive, kind, silly and quite ready to lay out a battering of punches. Now, Most days she secluded herself to her lab, building and tinkering, but she came up every now and then for food and to help Terry with whatever it was he needed, but she lacked social interaction.
He got another call in his earpiece and sighed, taking it and then launching into a whole other conversation while he worked the Company's budget from the computer.

"Hello welcome to Gray's Pizza how may I help you?"
That person leaves, another enters.

Working the cashiers position at the local pizza shop wasn't fun, it wasn't interesting, it was monotonous, boring, repetitive and dragged on for way to long. Sure, the awkward small talk was always different from person to person, and sometimes there'd be a slightly interesting conversation, but it usually wasn't interesting at all; in fact, the best parts of the job were usually the long stretches of silence between customers.

"I should've stayed in college..."

"What was that sir?"

"Oh, uh... would you like any toppings on your extra large pizza?"

It was hard not to think back sometimes, for as dangerous as it was, life three years ago was much more interesting than whatever THIS was.

It didn't help that it was also the only life he'd ever known for a long time.

'If I hadn't left New York, things wouldn't have turned out this shit, I wouldn't have left college after a year, and my normal life would be so much easier...

'But if I had stayed in New York, my life would've never had the chance to be normal.'

It was a six hour job, and it left allot of time for thinking, so it left a hellava lot of time for contemplation like this. It left time for contemplation, time to think about things like how he hoped to god he'd never see anyone from the Avengers on the train home, because that'd kill him. They'd see he failed, and that he wasn't smart enough to stay in college, while solved energy crisis on a daily basis. He thought of the shitty little studio apartment he lived in back in Brooklyn, and how much he hated the area but loved the view, but most of time he entertained the thought of doing something stupid like putting on the costume again and hitting bad guys.

'Just one more hour 'till the shifts over, lets just get through this without anything annoying happening...'
"Yo Dali! Get on your bike, regular delivery boy's out and we need someone to make a delivery to Stark Tower, somebody there ordered an extra large plain."
'...fuck me.'

And so, he'd ended up having to bike downtown to Stark Tower just an hour before he was supposed to be off, meaning he'd have to pray to god nobody he knew was in the lobby before hauling ass out of the building. It was...awkward to say the least when stepping into the lobby. He was a nervous wreck, and he knew he probably looked incredibly suspicious, but all that mattered to him in that moment was getting out as quick as possible. He walked up to the front desk and spoke aloud, "I have a delivery from Gray's Pizza, I uh... I didn't get a name, but it's extra large with cheese if that helps?"

Ivory held a breath in as he awaited some kind of answer, hoping maybe he'd be unnoticed, but that was something difficult to do when you were rather tall dark skinned male with dyed red dreadlocks underneath a hat wearing a baggy jacket in a lobby that was filled with people in multiple kinds of expensive suits, but the young man attempted to do so anyways...

sitanomoto sitanomoto (I wasn't sure if we were supposed to wait to attempt to start anything, but I didn't want to go in four posts without even the slightest of contact, so I pulled the trigger :P)

Working the cashiers position at the local pizza shop wasn't fun, it wasn't interesting, it was monotonous, boring, repetitive and dragged on for way to long. Sure, the awkward small talk was always different from person to person, and sometimes there'd be a slightly interesting conversation, but it usually wasn't interesting at all; in fact, the best parts of the job were usually the long stretches of silence between customers.

"I should've stayed in college..."

"What was that sir?"

"Oh, uh... would you like any toppings on your extra large pizza?"

It was hard not to think back sometimes, for as dangerous as it was, life three years ago was much more interesting than whatever THIS was.

It didn't help that it was also the only life he'd ever known for a long time.

'If I hadn't left New York, things wouldn't have turned out this shit, I wouldn't have left college after a year, and my normal life would be so much easier...

'But if I had stayed in New York, my life would've never had the chance to be normal.'

It was a six hour job, and it left allot of time for thinking, so it left a hellava lot of time for contemplation like this. It left time for contemplation, time to think about things like how he hoped to god he'd never see anyone from the Avengers on the train home, because that'd kill him. They'd see he failed, and that he wasn't smart enough to stay in college, while solved energy crisis on a daily basis. He thought of the shitty little studio apartment he lived in back in Brooklyn, and how much he hated the area but loved the view, but most of time he entertained the thought of doing something stupid like putting on the costume again and hitting bad guys.

'Just one more hour 'till the shifts over, lets just get through this without anything annoying happening...'
"Yo Dali! Get on your bike, regular delivery boy's out and we need someone to make a delivery to Stark Tower, somebody there ordered an extra large plain."
'...fuck me.'

And so, he'd ended up having to bike downtown to Stark Tower just an hour before he was supposed to be off, meaning he'd have to pray to god nobody he knew was in the lobby before hauling ass out of the building. It was...awkward to say the least when stepping into the lobby. He was a nervous wreck, and he knew he probably looked incredibly suspicious, but all that mattered to him in that moment was getting out as quick as possible. He walked up to the front desk and spoke aloud, "I have a delivery from Gray's Pizza, I uh... I didn't get a name, but it's extra large with cheese if that helps?"

Ivory held a breath in as he awaited some kind of answer, hoping maybe he'd be unnoticed, but that was something difficult to do when you were rather tall dark skinned male with dyed red dreadlocks underneath a hat wearing a baggy jacket in a lobby that was filled with people in multiple kinds of expensive suits, but the young man attempted to do so anyways...

sitanomoto sitanomoto (I wasn't sure if we were supposed to wait to attempt to start anything, but I didn't want to go in four posts without even the slightest of contact, so I pulled the trigger :P)
"Wait here, please, I'll send someone down," Friday said to Ivory, the voice familiar and rather comforting.
"Boss?"
Cassie had wiped all of the Marinara sauce off her face, and was now back in her original position of head on one arm of the couch, feet on the other. It was difficult to even move without her head hurting, and as she looked at the ceiling now, she realized she was gonna have to move at some point.
"What's up, Friday?"
"We have a visitor in the Lobby."
"Pull the screen up, if it's another one of those damned salesmen-" She stopped dead and looked at the holographic screen with wide eyes. She sat bolt upright, not caring about her headache anymore (even though it was pounding), and looking down at her clothes.
American Idiot T-shirt and sweatpants. Mostly presentable. She stood straight up from the couch, and, realizing the elevator was too slow, sprinted down the stairs faster than a normal human would have, popping a mint in her mouth on the way down. She made it to the ground floor, spotted Ivory with the pizza, ran straight up to him and, after yanking the pizza from his hands and placing it on a desk, gave him a bone-crushing hug.
"Oh my god.... Ivory..." She whispered, nearly crying. She released him and then smacked him upside the head. "Where the HELL have you been??!"
"Boss...."
Cassie let out a sigh. "D'you... d'you have time to-?" She gestured upstairs. "Talk... or...?" She pulled out her money from her sweatpants pocket and handed him a solid 20 for the pizza. "You're.... you're probably busy.... with work and...." She scratched the back of her head. "I'm sorry... sorry about that..... you probably just wanted to go..." She looked rather sad, but she smiled at Ivory before picking up the pizza box and turning to leave.
Oh dear god I probably just killed that chance.... Way to go, Cassie. And I really shouldn't have sprinted down the stairs, because now my head hurts like the devil...

Glistening sun rays seemed to reflect from every direction, invading the damp room in a cascade of blinding light; the sudden motion causing a groggy male to groan dramatically, flipping over haphazardly and planting his face firmly into the pillow in an attempt to sink beneath the fabric itself, in-spite of the crystalized dribble clinging to his cheeks and dampening the messy unkempt beard hanging from an otherwise unwashed face. An echoing resounded off the thin walls, shrieking and piercing like a twisted blade beneath the skin--Joseph hated early morning phone calls with the blazing hatred all the seven hells could muster--and it showed.

Angrily, a single hand shot out with purpose, gripping the phone tightly before strained eyes moved to swipe the "Decline" option, '5:34 PM' Joseph froze, he blinked--and blinked again. He'd slept for nearly 16 hours, what the... after a moments confusion, and following through with the declination of the phone call, he decided to finally emerge from the embrace of his ghastly smelling covers. "Ewww, I slept in that?" He asked quizzically, glancing to the side at the pile of sweaty clothes. A shocked look overcoming his face. "I wore those?!"

Oh how he remembered the naivety of young Joseph, "Join the Avengers, kid." Clint said, "It's a family business!" Hawkeye said, what a fool he'd been--after several doomsday events--Clint decided independence was good for Precision; the problem? Joseph was completely co-dependent, he couldn't cook to save his own life! Let alone all the complexity of washing up, laundry, cleaning, eugh.

With the Avengers being in a state of suspension, he'd been forced to find a job. The problem? he didn't find a job, he lived off takeaways and junk food for the portion of a year, one thing lead to another and he'd woken up without pants more times than he'd ever admit. After the third incident of being prodded awake by Police Officers for sleeping in the middle of a public fountain (miraculously without drowning) he decided it was time to stop with the partying, that and the fact he'd pretty much run out of money a few weeks before said incident, but that's beside the point!

Joseph was in the process of rebuilding his life--starting tomorrow, though he never stopped being an influence on social media; especially when several viral images--fountain sleeping included--found their way onto the internet, it was always taken in-stride, nobody seemed surprised by Joseph's antics. Except... that wasn't Joseph, not really--that was a hopeless attempt to fill the void the Avengers left--Well, except Clint, Joseph had done a skilful job of dodging dad's calls for a few months, but it was only a matter of time until Hawkeye personally tracked him down and beat him into the dirt for his immature ways, but until then, all was well.

...Mostly, despite the lack of alcohol for several months, he still had a lack of a job, and if the state of home--a dirt poor shack besides a train track--was anything to go by, a lack of hygiene. Stumbling down stairs, still groggy and dazed, the male collapsed effortlessly onto the couch, ignorant of the pizza boxes scattered throughout the room; he needed to wash, to bathe. He needed to clean. He needed to shave. He needed to go outside and do something active, anything.

Yet his dejection remained, after the Avengers were disbanded (in a way) Joseph lost purpose, a purpose he's yet to regain, leaving him stuck in a miserable state of self-pity. Life sucks. He could be an engineer, a martial arts instructor, an inventor! Instead he was wasting away whilst the rest of the Team did great things. "Introducing... Precision, New York's greatest hero!" Joseph mimicked in a narrative voice, mimicking with his hands to portray two people, one obviously being himself.

Rubbing his eyes as he awoke under the shade of a tree, Michael groaned and sat up right, leaning against the rough, hard bark of the tree as his hands ran through his blonde hair. The male tried to remember what had happened last. He had fought Shou-Lou and had claimed the prize of the Iron Fist, that he remembered. He went back to K'un-Lun where the monks who had brought him up like a child had ordered him to go back down to New York. But then...once he got to that part, he couldn't remember any more. He winced in pain as his hand glided over a small bump on the back of his head. He must have been attacked by something, or someone, when he first arrived.

Looking down at his clothing, he could see that the only logical explanation was indeed that. His green hoodie, which he got from his father, had multiple holes in it, all of which were of various size. One looked like it was made by a sword, another an axe. The same marks could be seen as he moved downwards, his jeans also sharing similar rips and tears. His skin, with red blotches due to scrapes and bumps. His hair was now all fixed, but he was yet to notice the purple tint to his right eye. With another grown, he stood up, placed his hand onto the tree and let out a sigh. "Jeez...nice welcome back to New York..."

The teen soon began to wobble down the street, his hands in his pocket holding onto his wallet; he was now thinking that he didn't just get attacked by random muggers. In fact, he could have swore he had the same amount, if not slightly more, money in his possession as before. He made sure to bring enough to at least buy himself a place to stay for a few nights. Food was covered, as was clothing, if he thought he needed it. He didn't think he would need it that quick, but life loved to prove everyone wrong. It was like he had said 'What could possibly go wrong' before leaving the monastery, which he was not dumb enough to do.

The boy got a few gasps as he walked through the endless wave of humans; people who were too busy with their own lives to even acknowledge the homeless or the poor. He assumed that seeing someone so young look like one of them woke them up, and he hoped they would change to lead a better life. After all, peace could not be achieved unless you have met peace within yourself.

Running down the streets was a pleasure for Robin Lang. Especially when she had a mission in mind.
A world important mission.
A life changing mission.
A mission that could decide the very fate of the entire future!!
She ran into the building, grabbed what she needed......
"That'll be seven dollars for nine apples."
Robin handed over the payment and took the bag of apples.
She walked out, confident and extremely chipper, waving to crossing guards and winking at cute boys she passed.
She tripped and fell right down on her face, spilling her apples everywhere. "Lovely." She said, sarcasm dripping from her words. Vsland Vsland

Michael had been walking for a few minutes now and, he had to say, New York was completely different. Stark tower, also known as the Avengers tower was still there, but so many more heroes were now in the papers. Apparently, the Avengers and over heroes went on to have children, and they formed their own group. He would have been interested, if it wasn't for the fact that they had broke up for some reason.

Before more thoughts of the differences and the similarities, he heard a few thuds from just ahead of him. Taking a quick glance up, he noticed a girl with a bag at her feet, apples of red and green, various different sizes. Crouching down, he picked a few up and smiled at the girl who was around the same age as him, his clothes blowing gently as the breeze seeped in and hit his bruises. "These are yours, correct?" Mike asked softly, holding the apples out to her. "You should really be more careful. You're not a machine, you can be injured." sitanomoto sitanomoto

Robin shook her head and laughed as she was helped by someone. She didn't look up to see his face for a moment, taking the apples and concentrating on picking up her fallen groceries. She put them in her bag, talking as she did so. "You'd think I'd be a little more careful and remember things like that, being an engineer mysellllllll-" She had looked up at this point and took in the boy in front of her. "Well hey now," she said, grinning slyly and standing. She looked him up and down, raising an eyebrow as she looked at his wardrobe. "Yyyou okay there? Looks like you just got attacked by something with claws!"

Only seconds left now. Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one. Time to go. Finn had the decency to stay at his desk until it reached go home o'clock but most of his co-workers usually crowded around the door and tried to look like they weren't waiting for the exact second they could leave. He turned off his computer, changed his answering machine message, fended off Ian's insistence that he go home with Finn, and said goodbye to the really nice janitor whose name he did not know. At the front door he found an opening in the wall of people and slipped into it. He had given up his old life for this? What a waste of his talents.

You really kill the mood pal, lighten up. He hadn't even realized that he had been staring at his feet. Glancing back up he was slightly shocked to see a young man in tattered clothing stumbling down the sidewalk. People noticed the guy but it seemed like nobody was going to stop and help him. Finn was a little disgusted by this. Nobody was going to help the guy? Then there was a girl with some apples who had fallen to the ground. This is how it starts Finn. Next thing you know everything's on fire and you've ruined another set of clothes. He stepped up to the pair. "You okay miss? You okay sir?" Better to go with over formality than to not be formal enough. What were the chances of these two being superheroes anyways? sitanomoto sitanomoto Vsland Vsland

Michael chuckled at the comment on his clothing, looking down and smiling as he examined himself. "That may be the case." He admitted. "But in all truth, I do not know. I came to New York and just woke up under a tree with no memory as to what happened. Due to that, I believe the attackers were smart enough to attack me from behind, meaning whoever it was must have had some sort of problem with me..." He looked up and grinned suddenly, rubbing his neck. "No biggie though. I'm fine. I just need a change of clothes."

Hearing a male's voice from behind, he looked at the new figure, wondering as to why he dared approach some random people on the street, especially one that looked like he had just fought a dragon. Mike knew exactly what that looked like, and in all fairness, it wasn't far off his current look. Maybe add a bit more burn marks and black patches and boom, Shou Lou V2. "I am rather well, thank you. However, I must ask you two a question, if you do not mind. I promise it won't take too long."
CasualDragon CasualDragon sitanomoto sitanomoto

Dimitri jolted awake from his nightmare. Around him he saw a large office, the window behind him offering an amazing view several stories up. Although the power in the building was out, the sun offered enough light to see everything. It took him a few seconds to remember what he was doing there.
"Oscorp HQ." He said out loud to himself. The sidewalk below had caution tape, urging anyone and everyone from entering the abandoned building. Dimitri had been squatting for weeks in the enormous, empty building. In the distance he saw stark tower rising above the other buildings surrounding it. He couldn't help but smile as he remembered the old days. "Maybe I should go break her windows... for old times sake..." He thought.
He began his daily routine by entering the largest elevator, the one that had access to the lower floors. "VOCS. Take me to the training room." After a moment, the computer system replied with, "Recognized, Mercury. State your password."
"Password: Hypna-...." Dimitri cringed as he stopped himself from saying his old password. It reminded him too much of the one good thing he let slip through his fingers. After a breath he relaxed and said his new password. "Password: Thanos-Puncher." The elevator began the descent shortly after.

The night before...
The scene was hardly an uncommon one: two figures sitting at an expensive hotel bar, one a smartly dressed man and the other a beautiful but younger women. A number of empty glasses sat between them and she held another in her hand. The other patrons didn't intervene, maybe because it was a situation they had grown used to, maybe because on a different night they would be just as guilty as him.

"Oh yeah, course I've met him, the big guy, heh. Little arrogant mind you, but what can you do." He said, the irony of the arrogance in his own tone completely lost to him. However the girl seemed to be hanging on his every word, wide eyed and leaning in as if his words were the most valuable thing on earth.

"Wow, I don't even know what I'd do if I met Thor.. I never thought I'd even ever meet an actual Asgardian." She said sheepishly, looking up at him from under her eyelashes.

"Well they ain't all as nice as us. You hear of Loki? He was that one that went after the world and couldn't even get one city." He laughed, obviously amused by himself, but this one time she didn't laugh along and instead pushed the conversation on further.

"Yeah, he's Thor's brother, right? Though they hardly seem anything like each other..."

"You're damn right they don't. No idea what went wrong there, must've been born bad because he's only getting worse from what I've heard. Surrounds himself with snakes and murderers, even his daughter has been sharpened into one of his best weapons." That seemed to grab her attention.

"He has a daughter?!"

"Well, what do you expect, we're gods, we have a lot of time on our hands." He smiled in a way that would make most anyone feel uneasy, and clearly not getting the reaction he wanted moved on quickly. "I'm sure he's got a number of kids around, but I've been told about that daughter of his. Apparently she's a right piece of work. I'd say a conceited bitch more like, considering him."

"Wow, yeah, she really sounds.. something. Better be careful what you say then, wouldn't want her hearing." She laughed, and he joined in.

"You don't need to worry, I'm not afraid of some Lokispawn."

"Really? Sounds like you should be." Her demeanor had changed, where once she was attentive and in awe of the man before her now she was staring him down with a small satisfied smirk as she waited for the realisation to sink in. It wouldn't take long, he was a fool frankly for not spotting it earlier: with her black hair, green eyes, and fair skin she bore a striking similarity to Loki. The colour drained from his face and he shuffled in his seat, suddenly seeming repulsed at the idea of being near her.

"I should probably.. um, yeah, probably go..." He mumbled, feigning a look at his watch and beginning to stand. Subtly so as not to draw attention - but still with suitable force - she pushed him back down into his chair.

"You're such a pathetic excuse of a man. You run from one pitiful existence in Asgard to an even more pitiful one here; is preying on woman and boasting of imagined realities truly the best you can offer this realm? I would be doing it a service if I destroyed you. I mean, I had no plans for it but you just kept talking and this overwhelming desire to rip your tongue out kept growing and growing." His eyes went wide but it seemed he finally had the good sense to keep quiet."But I can't bear to spend a single second more in your presence. So, I will allow you to keep your tongue if you never use it to speak of me or my father again. Deal?"

"Yes, yes, of course, I never meant-"

"Just stop talking and leave."

Nodding and backing away, he finally made his way out the door, hopefully to scurry away to whatever hole he lived in. Kat sighed, and sat up straighter. Hopefully that would put an end to the gossip these Midgardians seemed to be spreading. Put sex on the table and suddenly men will tell every story you ask of them, pathetic. Turning to catch the eye of the bartender she saw him keep glancing over having probably just watched their evening with growing interest. "We're done here." She gave him a warm smile and rifled through the the wallet she'd slipped out of the pocket of the aforementioned rat as she'd forced him back into his seat. Handing over far more money than required, she collected her coat and bag and headed out into the cool night.

Now...
Things had been quiet for a couple of years now, and hopefully now they would return to being so. Loki would not soon be forgotten from this place and she couldn't stop them talking about him, but if her reputation could be hidden from the general public for as long as possible it would make life a lot easier.

And more enjoyable; being anonymous turns out to actually be quite fun. Especially when you have the skills to make the most of it. Making money had been no problem for her: modelling, gambling, and a little blackmail here and there, but nothing too illegal. Which is how she now found herself wrapped in a soft robe in the kitchen of her apartment. The smell of a fresh pot of coffee filled the air and she sat enjoy the peace.

Ba-ding! A little buzz from her phone caught her attention, just a notification from social media. Swiping the screen she paused. Occasionally she had to remind herself how they perceived time a little differently, and what may not seem so long to her was longer for them. Essentially, she needed to check in on Joseph. Calling his number she set the phone on the counter and listened to the rings and waited to see if he would answer. She noted the time, but seriously that didn't mean much when it came to him nowadays.

Archon Archon (like wow, seriously only that last bit is relevant, I just didn't want to waste what had been sitting around finished for like 9 months)

In the midst of doing nothing in particular, a rapid vibration thrummed against the box-covered table where Joseph had mindlessly placed his phone, A commodity he was far too familiar with, yet no matter how much that little pocket-sized computer sang, he never ceased to rush to answer it--except when it wakes him up--then he wants nothing more than to crack the beautiful device in two, not that he ever would.

He'd be completely lost without access to a phone, how ever would he survive?!
More often than not, his calls were unknown numbers--prime for ignoring--this time, was a rare occasion when it wasn't just a familiar name phoning. This time, that name had the power to send Joseph's emotional state into a mish-mash of mess.

It was Kat, that Kat. The Loki's daughter Kat, the sorceress Kat, the woman-he-desperately-tried-to-get-over-but-couldn't Kat. They hadn't spoke in two years, two years and she just phoned out of the blue?! On the one hand, Joseph was overjoyed at the opportunity to speak to her. But on the other... he was more than a little upset. Sure, they'd kept in touch for a small while, at first; if not only because Joseph kept phoning her, but that didn't change the fact she scarcely phoned him, or the fact she could use abracadabra to teleport--here--which she never did. Then again, that would be a little creepy... He was a little jealous he couldn't teleport...

Eagerly swiping the green phone icon, Joseph took a momentary breath, cursing himself for not having the willpower to decline the call and continue to try (and miserably fail) at getting over her. Seriously, an entire planet of women and he was hopelessly pursuing an Asgardian Sorceress who just so happened to be the daughter of one of Earth's most feared villains.

"Hey, uh... wow, hey!" Joseph greeted awkwardly, "Uh, it's been a while, like, two years 'a while'. How've ya been?"

Lemoncakes Lemoncakes (I was going to wait until I posted... Buuuuuut,¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

Only seconds left now. Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one. Time to go. Finn had the decency to stay at his desk until it reached go home o'clock but most of his co-workers usually crowded around the door and tried to look like they weren't waiting for the exact second they could leave. He turned off his computer, changed his answering machine message, fended off Ian's insistence that he go home with Finn, and said goodbye to the really nice janitor whose name he did not know. At the front door he found an opening in the wall of people and slipped into it. He had given up his old life for this? What a waste of his talents.

You really kill the mood pal, lighten up. He hadn't even realized that he had been staring at his feet. Glancing back up he was slightly shocked to see a young man in tattered clothing stumbling down the sidewalk. People noticed the guy but it seemed like nobody was going to stop and help him. Finn was a little disgusted by this. Nobody was going to help the guy? Then there was a girl with some apples who had fallen to the ground. This is how it starts Finn. Next thing you know everything's on fire and you've ruined another set of clothes. He stepped up to the pair. "You okay miss? You okay sir?" Better to go with over formality than to not be formal enough. What were the chances of these two being superheroes anyways? sitanomoto sitanomoto Vsland Vsland
Michael chuckled at the comment on his clothing, looking down and smiling as he examined himself. "That may be the case." He admitted. "But in all truth, I do not know. I came to New York and just woke up under a tree with no memory as to what happened. Due to that, I believe the attackers were smart enough to attack me from behind, meaning whoever it was must have had some sort of problem with me..." He looked up and grinned suddenly, rubbing his neck. "No biggie though. I'm fine. I just need a change of clothes."

Hearing a male's voice from behind, he looked at the new figure, wondering as to why he dared approach some random people on the street, especially one that looked like he had just fought a dragon. Mike knew exactly what that looked like, and in all fairness, it wasn't far off his current look. Maybe add a bit more burn marks and black patches and boom, Shou Lou V2. "I am rather well, thank you. However, I must ask you two a question, if you do not mind. I promise it won't take too long."
CasualDragon CasualDragon sitanomoto sitanomoto
Robin smiled at the newcomer. "Aww, none of that 'miss' stuff!" She looked him up and down, her smile never faltering, as she pulled an apple out of her bag. "This one I'm pretty sure didn't fall on the floor." She said, offering it to either one of them to take. "What's your question? I got time. I'm not supposed to be home for a while,"

Whispy darkness that looked almost like thick smoke began forming in the penthouse of stark tower. After a it a second, it formed into a shape about the size of a doorway as a man stepped through with glowing white eyes and a cloak around him. The blackness dissipated behind him as he looked around slowly. He imagined there being more people because of how it had been described to him. Nevertheless he investigated the area to find empty bottles around. "Something isn't right." He thought out loud. sitanomoto sitanomoto

Whispy darkness that looked almost like thick smoke began forming in the penthouse of stark tower. After a it a second, it formed into a shape about the size of a doorway as a man stepped through with glowing white eyes and a cloak around him. The blackness dissipated behind him as he looked around slowly. He imagined there being more people because of how it had been described to him. Nevertheless he investigated the area to find empty bottles around. "Something isn't right." He thought out loud. sitanomoto sitanomoto
Intruder Alert! Intruder alert!
"Ah, crap. Come on, Zero, who is it??"Terry said, seeing the warning come down on a holographic screen. "Danny, I'm going to have to call you back." He tapped his earpiece.
"Unknown being in the livingroom. Gender: Male. Shall I take care of him, sir? And shall I alert Miss Cassie?"
"No, no no! Zero, leave the talking and 'taking care of' stuff to me, okay?"
"Yes sir."
Terry stood from his desk and straightened his shirt. He walked to the livingroom, snapping his fingers and making the lights go dark. There was the sound of metallic parts snapping together as he called his gauntlet to him by pressing a button on his wrist.
"Who's there?" Terry demanded. "I'm warning you, any sudden movements and I'll turn you into toast!" And he meant it. He had no qualms about zapping any Intruders who dared to... erm.... intrude on his property. He was kind of like a stingy Old man that way.

"Tony stark was first a man of destruction, then a man of creation, then both. I was a man of darkness, then of light, now of both. I help those who need it, like the avengers do. Or did. What happened to them?" He said as he casually picked up a beer bottle and examined it, unfazed by the danger in front of him. sitanomoto sitanomoto

As soon as he saw Cassie, Ivory felt like he very strongly wanted to drop the pizza he had in his hands and sprint out the door, though at the same time his legs felt like they were stuck in place. In fact, for a few moments the only thing he could do was say, "Uh...that'll be 19.95..."

Unlike Cassie, this was not a moment that was pleasant for Ivory in any definition of the word, in fact it was the opposite of that. He'd spent so long trying to stay away from this place that to be not only brought here, but suddenly meet one of the very people he'd wanted to avoid was like every nightmare he'd had for the past few months just came true. So he stood there for a few moments before the hug with red cheeks and a dumb expression on his face.

As Cassie released the hug and smacked his upside the head, a thought came to Ivory's head, 'That's it! I could play it off like I'm a random pizza guy! Already got the 19.95 line out, it'll be a cake walk if I just don't fuck up my next few words...'

"This is uh, actually my last delivery of the day..."

'...Is it to late to jump out of the window and bolt back to the pizza shop?'

sitanomoto sitanomoto

A question? If the young man needed directions Finn was certainly a master at giving them by this point. Years of leaping through buildings gave you a pretty good sense of direction. Thinking about it made him a bit nostalgic but not fully in a good way. Just slightly good. Admittedly he did miss his friends. Back on topic chum. He shrugged. "Nothing but time here. How can we help?" The woman offered an apple to the two but Finn waved it away. "No I couldn't. Thank you for the offer though." He eyed up the guy's wounds. There had to be quite the story behind them. Probably not a good one and probably not one that he wanted to talk about. Offer him medical help. You can't just let him walk around like this, he'll get infections. Lots of them. Wait until you see what he says. Maybe it has something to do with his wounds.
sitanomoto sitanomoto Vsland Vsland

"Tony stark was first a man of destruction, then a man of creation, then both. I was a man of darkness, then of light, now of both. I help those who need it, like the avengers do. Or did. What happened to them?" He said as he casually picked up a beer bottle and examined it, unfazed by the danger in front of him. sitanomoto sitanomoto
Terry clapped his hands and the lights came back on, and he looked at the man in front of him with an amused expression. "Well... funny you should mention the Avengers, actually." He said, leaning on the wall. "We disbanded two years ago. It's been pretty quiet since then."
Terry took in the scene in front of him for the first time. Bottles littered the table and floor, an empty pizza box lay open, looking rather sad. He sighed and shook his head. "Aw, Cass... Not again....." He whispered, rubbing his eyes.
As soon as he saw Cassie, Ivory felt like he very strongly wanted to drop the pizza he had in his hands and sprint out the door, though at the same time his legs felt like they were stuck in place. In fact, for a few moments the only thing he could do was say, "Uh...that'll be 19.95..."

Unlike Cassie, this was not a moment that was pleasant for Ivory in any definition of the word, in fact it was the opposite of that. He'd spent so long trying to stay away from this place that to be not only brought here, but suddenly meet one of the very people he'd wanted to avoid was like every nightmare he'd had for the past few months just came true. So he stood there for a few moments before the hug with red cheeks and a dumb expression on his face.

As Cassie released the hug and smacked his upside the head, a thought came to Ivory's head, 'That's it! I could play it off like I'm a random pizza guy! Already got the 19.95 line out, it'll be a cake walk if I just don't fuck up my next few words...'

"This is uh, actually my last delivery of the day..."

'...Is it to late to jump out of the window and bolt back to the pizza shop?'

sitanomoto sitanomoto
Cassie turned and nodded, hearing the reluctance in Ivory's voice. He didn't want to stay. Quite frankly, she couldn't blame him. It had been a while since they had seen each other, and she had missed him terribly. She felt like she had let him down somehow, the way she left things. "You can.... ah.... you can keep the change...." She said sadly, but the kind smile never left her face. "It was... it was really good to see you, Ivory...." She said as she turned to go once more back to the elevator this time.
Well.... that couldn't have gone any worse.... again, brilliant Job, Cassie. Bravo.

"Disbanded... Damn.... Dont fear, I did not need the avengers for a crisis. I have been away in the dark deminsion for years, and I made it my duty to help this world once I escaped." He noticed the way Terry reacted to the room. "Does something trouble you? About the state of this room?"
sitanomoto sitanomoto

Connor groaned lightly turning his sore body over in the bed to lazily look at the time on the clock. It was already past noon, the blonde knew he needed to wake up so he slipped out from under the covers and made for the bathroom for his morning ritual. The hero lived in a rather average New York apartment, which was currently funded by...means. Means that his parents wouldn't approve of but that he found himself convinced it wasn't a big deal.

After he'd showered and was drying off he winced and turned his side and lower back towards the bathroom mirror above the sink. A purple bruise had presented in the area and Connor frowned before letting out a huff, then continued with his getting dressed. The day before he'd been caught up in the midst of a HYDRA cell he'd been tracking in Rhode Island, they'd managed to find him before he found them. It was a dumb mistake and the bruise was a clear indication of that.

Connor paused in the small living room and flipped on the TV and...yep. There on the screen was news footage of his public battle with a number of their agents in the midst of a street. The news chopper was high in the air and it's camera was zoomed down onto the action with Connor was ducked by a van with his shield as they hid among the vehicles in his plain civilian clothes. Connor knew what happened next so he simply flipped the TV back off, momentarily wondering if there would be any blow-back from the events. None of the civilians got hurt but there'd been some minor property damage, it wasn't like he'd meant for it to go down that way. He'd planned to catch them off guard and away from the public, but things didn't always go to plan. A little bad press didn't hurt anyone, but he expected good press. He did technically take down that cell so it was a good thing.

Afterwards he grabbed his laptop and headed outside, to the internet cafe just around the corner where he sat down with two blueberry bagels at a small table towards the corner and started checking his messages and looking over the already obtained Intel. Amidst biting into one of the pastries he smugly marked off the Rhode Island cell's name off the list. The screen held a list of potential cell's with questionable locations and numbers, Connor didn't move on anything he didn't have enough information on, well...usually.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back