• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Avengers: Rebooted (Closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
"You are both too kind." Michael smiled, bowing to the two much like how he done so to his masters in K'un Lun. "Well, my question is rather simple. I have just returned to New York and I cannot help but notice something missing. Before I left for my journey, a group of heroes called The Avengers were rather popular. Their building still stands but I can't seem to see any. May I ask what has happened to them? And, if you have met them and know them personally, whether I can spar with one of them. I have came a long way in order to test them and myself, you see."
CasualDragon CasualDragon sitanomoto sitanomoto

"Disbanded... Damn.... Dont fear, I did not need the avengers for a crisis. I have been away in the dark deminsion for years, and I made it my duty to help this world once I escaped." He noticed the way Terry reacted to the room. "Does something trouble you? About the state of this room?"
sitanomoto sitanomoto
Terry shook his head sadly. "Yeah, actually. My sister--" he stopped himself and looked suspiciously at the visitor. "You didn't do anything to her... did you?"
"He didn't, sir. Cassie Stark is in the Lobby."
"Oh thank god..." Terry said, putting his hand on his chest and leaning against the wall for a moment in relief. He opened his eyes and looked at the visitor with a sad expression. "My sister's... well.... this is one of her more... ah... self-destructive habits." Terry said. He shook his head. "Enough about that though, you were here to see the Avengers, and I don't even know who you are." He walked over and held his hand out to the boy in the cloak. "Terry Stark."

"Stark?.." He appeared confused but assumed Terry was Tony's son. As he shook Terry's hand, he relaxed a bit. "My name is Eric, but you can call me Dawn. If her habit is an addiction, my light purges it from those who wish it gone. I would be happy to help. Especially a friend of Iron Man's son"

As Dimitri was done training, he ordered VOCS to listen on to police radio to see if anyone needed help. Sure enough, there was a radical sniper, doing his best to pick people off in towns square. Dimitri nodded his head, and zipped away.
sitanomoto sitanomoto

"Stark?.." He appeared confused but assumed Terry was Tony's son. As he shook Terry's hand, he relaxed a bit. "My name is Eric, but you can call me Dawn. If her habit is an addiction, my light purges it from those who wish it gone. I would be happy to help. Especially a friend of Iron Man's son"
Terry scratched the back of his head. "I'd have to ask Cassie. She doesn't normally talk about....." He gestured to the table. "This, and I don't know how much you could help, there's so much going on with her....."
He was referring, of course, to her EXTREMIS serum-influenced brain and body. Her hallucinations, memory attacks, mood swings.... there was an extensive list. He had tried for the past two years to figure out a cure for her, and at first she was on board with it. She wanted to be normal, or at least as normal as you could get in her shoes. But as time went by, she began to feel the benefits outweighed the detriments, and had asked Terry (politely, and calmly) to stop trying to find a "cure". She had told him it was better this way, and that she was just fine, and that he should focus on running the company and not on her. And he had tried, he really did.
He snapped back to the present and smiled at Dawn. "I appreciate the offer, though."
As Dimitri was done training, he ordered VOCS to listen on to police radio to see if anyone needed help. Sure enough, there was a radical sniper, doing his best to pick people off in towns square. Dimitri nodded his head, and zipped away.
By the time Dimitri made it to the scene, the radical sniper was already taken care of, in a strange way. He was sound asleep, cuddling his gun close to him like a stuffed animal. The authorities were extremely puzzled, but they cleaned him up and put him in the car, hands behind his back.
Off in an alley to the side, soft footsteps could be heard running away from the scene.

"You're more trusting than I anticipated. I've been told on sight one might assume I'm a... villain." He said with a slight smirk. "If the avengers are no more, who watches over this world? And who is Cassie?"

Dimitri shrugged when he saw the sniper passed out, maybe the person running is a lone wolf vigilante like he was. Then something in his brain clicked. "Was that.... no... well, maybe....." He closed his eyes and slowed down time around him to near stillness. Swallowing hard, he rounded the corner to see who it was...

"You're more trusting than I anticipated. I've been told on sight one might assume I'm a... villain." He said with a slight smirk. "If the avengers are no more, who watches over this world? And who is Cassie?"
Terry smiled. "Yeah, that's something I have to work on." He walked over and sat down on the couch, resting his elbows on his knees. "Well, we have other heroes who watch over the world, individually. Like me. And a few others. It's just been quiet lately. No wars, no metahuman activity, or at least very little of it, and not much cause for bigtime heroes." He sighed, looking out the window at the expanse of New York below.
"Cassie Stark is my sister. Or rather... we share the same DNA, mostly." He shook his head a little bit. "The EXTREMIS virus changed her biological makeup, so we're no longer exactly the same." He sighed, picking up an empty bottle and staring at it morosely.

Dimitri shrugged when he saw the sniper passed out, maybe the person running is a lone wolf vigilante like he was. Then something in his brain clicked. "Was that.... no... well, maybe....." He closed his eyes and slowed down time around him to near stillness. Swallowing hard, he rounded the corner to see who it was...
Around the corner, from the back, was a tall woman wearing a leather jacket, white t-shirt, boot cut jeans and grey sneakers. Her hair was a deep but bright red, and on her wrists were topaz bangles. Dimitri would recognize her long red hair anywhere, as well as the way she was carrying herself in frozen time. Her shoulders weren't slouched like the last time Dimitri saw her, and from what little skin he would have been able to see on her wrists and hands, there were puckered pink scars crisscrossing them.

"No danger... There is thought among scholars who believe that heroes are like rubbing alcohol that creates super viruses. I don't believe it, but times like this give it credibility." Dawn looked out across the city. "If you help this city, you can count on me to fight by your side. But I must warn you, I do not tolerate corruption. Have you ever heard of cloak and dagger?"

As Dimitri saw her red hair flowing behind her, a feeling of excitement and nervousness rose in him. He inspected her with a sense of guilt as he saw her wrists. His anger at himself took him over and he swore under his breath. Brushing her hair out of her face, he drew her in for a hug and brought time back to normal. Whether she would get angry or happy or scared he didn't care in that moment.

Last edited:
"No danger... There is thought among scholars who believe that heroes are like rubbing alcohol that creates super viruses. I don't believe it, but times like this give it credibility." Dawn looked out across the city. "If you help this city, you can count on me to fight by your side. But I must warn you, I do not tolerate corruption. Have you ever heard of cloak and dagger?"
Terry nodded at Dawn's first statement. "Well, power incites challange, challange incites violence, and violence can only lead to destruction. Or so I was told." He recited, smiling. His smile dropped quickly.
"I do not tolerate Corruption...."
Terry looked at Dawn dead in the face. "Does it look to you like I tolerate corruption?" He said, eyes narrowing a little, before returning to normal. "Cloak and Dagger..... hm... Zero?"
"Yes?"
"Bring up everything in the Avengers database about Cloak and Dagger."
The holographic screen appeared again appeared Terry speed read the information. A gasp of fascination escaped his lips. "Incredible...." He whispered, pulling up footage of a battle that Cloak and Dagger were in. "I'm surprised I haven't heard of them!" He sounded rather like an art critic. "Manipulation of the Dark Dimension? Light constructs that can heal and injure? Fantastic!" He reached his hand over to the screen and pulled out the holographic image of one of Dagger's light constructs (a dagger). He enlarged it, then stood and circled it, inspecting it from all sides in childlike fascination.

As Dimitri saw her red hair forked behind her, a feeling of excitement and nervousness rose in him. He inspected her with a sense of guilt as he saw her wrists. His anger at himself took him over and he swore under his breath. Brushing her hair out of her face, he drew her in for a hug and brought time back to normal. Whether she would get angry or happy or scared he didn't care in that moment.
Lisa felt something embrace her, and she froze, panicking for a moment. The person hadn't been there a minute ago, which meant....
Oh no....
She didn't resist the hug, but she grew stiff slightly, then relaxed and hugged him back. A feeling of joy and anger and unrest rose in her chest as she remembered how long it had been since she had seen the boy with the silver hair.... but he wasn't a boy anymore. He was a man, tall and handsome, and oddly enough he smelled exactly the same as he did the last time she he had given him and hug. She remembered their last encounter and she just buried her head in his chest now, enjoying the warmth he brought to her.

He took a step backwards in surprise and ran his hand through his hair awkwardly. "Oh... Um. They've been broken up for two years now." Sounds like you're describing a boy band. The next question was whether to tell them that he was an Avenger or not. If he brought the pair, assuming the girl tagged along, to the tower they would find out anyways that he was a part of the group. He was bound to run into someone there so he might as well be the one to tell them. Sounds like you're telling them that they have cancer. "I used to be one of them, but if you're looking for a fight I'm not the one to go to. I'll take you to the tower. I'm sure there'll be someone there who will spar." Enter with style and smash through a window. Nope, I've spent too much time around Dimitri and Joseph. What was it you were thinking earlier? That there was no way these two could be superheroes? Ha ha. He waved for the two to follow him. "We're actually not that far away from there. Probably ten to fifteen minutes tops." He turned to woman. "I'm sure you're probably interested as well. Join us if you'd like." If you're going back you might as well do it the old fashioned way with a whole group of new people.
sitanomoto sitanomoto Vsland Vsland

"They were my parents. Her energy made her burn from the inside without his void, and his void hungered for energy at all times. They needed each other. Unfortunately, that is why they are no longer with us. They were separated." Dawn watched the screens in just as much awe as Terry. He hadn't seen this footage before, and it was almost as if he could share a little more time with them. "The last thing my father told me was... when he's gone, he won't truly be gone. I didn't understand it until my abilities came to me. If it came even a year sooner I might've been able to save my mother."

After a long time, Dimitri slowly pulled away. His hand moved from her shoulder to the end of her sleeve, turning her wrist to face him as he looked down. "Why?" He choked up towards the end of the word.

He took a step backwards in surprise and ran his hand through his hair awkwardly. "Oh... Um. They've been broken up for two years now." Sounds like you're describing a boy band. The next question was whether to tell them that he was an Avenger or not. If he brought the pair, assuming the girl tagged along, to the tower they would find out anyways that he was a part of the group. He was bound to run into someone there so he might as well be the one to tell them. Sounds like you're telling them that they have cancer. "I used to be one of them, but if you're looking for a fight I'm not the one to go to. I'll take you to the tower. I'm sure there'll be someone there who will spar." Enter with style and smash through a window. Nope, I've spent too much time around Dimitri and Joseph. What was it you were thinking earlier? That there was no way these two could be superheroes? Ha ha. He waved for the two to follow him. "We're actually not that far away from there. Probably ten to fifteen minutes tops." He turned to woman. "I'm sure you're probably interested as well. Join us if you'd like." If you're going back you might as well do it the old fashioned way with a whole group of new people.
"You are both too kind." Michael smiled, bowing to the two much like how he done so to his masters in K'un Lun. "Well, my question is rather simple. I have just returned to New York and I cannot help but notice something missing. Before I left for my journey, a group of heroes called The Avengers were rather popular. Their building still stands but I can't seem to see any. May I ask what has happened to them? And, if you have met them and know them personally, whether I can spar with one of them. I have came a long way in order to test them and myself, you see."
CasualDragon CasualDragon sitanomoto sitanomoto
Robin nodded as Finn explained, and then her eyes went wide when Finn admitted who he was. "Wow!" She said. "So... you know Conner Rogers? Wicked!" She grinned. "And a sparring match? I would be down to come and watch. Maybe participate." She grinned wider and bit into an apple. "Visiting Avenger's tower? My dad will NOT believe this! Well, I mean he might but whatever!"
"They were my parents. Her energy made her burn from the inside without his void, and his void hungered for energy at all times. They needed each other. Unfortunately, that is why they are no longer with us. They were separated." Dawn watched the screens in just as much awe as Terry. He hadn't seen this footage before, and it was almost as if he could share a little more time with them. "The last thing my father told me was... when he's gone, he won't truly be gone. I didn't understand it until my abilities came to me. If it came even a year sooner I might've been able to save my mother."

Terry nodded. "I'm sorry about that" the screens disappeared and Terry sat back down. "I wish I could do something to help." He looked at Dawn and smiled. "If you'd like I can pull up all the footage we have. It might not help all that much but..." He trailed off, realizing how he sounded, and how much that might hurt the boy in front of him. "Are you hungry? We have some food in the fridge..."

After a long time, Dimitri slowly pulled away. His hand moved from her shoulder to the end of her sleeve, turning her wrist to face him as he looked down. "Why?" He choked up towards the end of the word.
Lisa jerked her hand away. "It's not what it looks like, Dimitri, It's....." She rubbed her wrist. "There's so much that has happened since you left me. Too much." She looked away from him, not meeting his eyes. "I don't know if you'd understand--" She cut herself off and looked Dimitri in the face. "I missed you...."

"No, but I appreciate your hospitality." Dawn said, before remembering the gauntlet Terry pulled out when he first came into the room. "And I can see that Tony Stark isn't gone either. This pleases me, for he was one of the best men to ever live."

"I won't let anyone hurt you, not even you." Dimitri said. "But...I'm... sorry. One day I'll die or you will or both if we keep up the hero gig. I wish I was strong enough to say I could handle that." He looked up to meet her gaze. "I did it though. I won. I killed Harry, and he won't be hurting anyone anymore."

As Cassie walked away, Ivory breathed a sigh of relief, 'Oh thank god, now I can just walk away! I can leave the tower and never have to come here again! I'll leave Cassie alone and she can live her life and I can live mine! Still though...she did seem kinda sad. On second thought, she actually looks kinda terrible...she might need someone to talk to..."

Ivory stood in place for a moment, shaking slightly as he did so. He then sighed and ran up to stop Cassie just as the elevator arrived, "H-hey Cassie, before you go, you uh, kinda forgot to take your pizza. In fact, looking at you, I can tell you're in no state to remember to take this upstairs with you, so you know what, I'll uh, I'll just take this pizza upstairs for you. Sound good?"

sitanomoto sitanomoto

As Cassie walked away, Ivory breathed a sigh of relief, 'Oh thank god, now I can just walk away! I can leave the tower and never have to come here again! I'll leave Cassie alone and she can live her life and I can live mine! Still though...she did seem kinda sad. On second thought, she actually looks kinda terrible...she might need someone to talk to..."

Ivory stood in place for a moment, shaking slightly as he did so. He then sighed and ran up to stop Cassie just as the elevator arrived, "H-hey Cassie, before you go, you uh, kinda forgot to take your pizza. In fact, looking at you, I can tell you're in no state to remember to take this upstairs with you, so you know what, I'll uh, I'll just take this pizza upstairs for you. Sound good?"

sitanomoto sitanomoto
Cassie looked at Ivory, then at the pizza box in his hands, then back at him, and she smiled again. "Thanks...." the dark circles under her eyes and her messed-up hair clearly showed she was in no state to remember anything at the moment. The elevator dinged open, and Cassie stepped inside. She began tapping the wall in a seemingly random manner, leaning up against the side and waiting for Ivory to step on.
"No, but I appreciate your hospitality." Dawn said, before remembering the gauntlet Terry pulled out when he first came into the room. "And I can see that Tony Stark isn't gone either. This pleases me, for he was one of the best men to ever live."
Terry smiles sadly. "Well, truth be told, I haven't seen dad much recently. He'll appreciate the compliment though. He's off in Australia doing something with Stark Industries down there, along with mom, and they're gonna be down there for a few more months." Terry looked at the black gauntlet on his hand still. "Cass helped me design my suit, and--" He said.
"Sir?" Zero said into his earpiece.
"What's up, Zero?" Terry said, seemingly talking to the air.
"Your sister's sending you a message."
Zero played the rhythm Cassie was making on the elevator in his earpiece.
Company Coming.... Clean up LR... it's Ivory...
The message Terry received was in Morse Code, and with the end of the message he stood and began gathering up the paper plates and bottles from the table, taking them to the trashcan in the kitchen not far off. "Sorry about the abrupt cut-off there, Dawn. Cassie's coming back up with a friend of hers so I'm doing what I can to make the room look better." He said, after gathering up all of the trash. The table was spotless now, and Terry sat back down on the couch.

"I won't let anyone hurt you, not even you." Dimitri said. "But...I'm... sorry. One day I'll die or you will or both if we keep up the hero gig. I wish I was strong enough to say I could handle that." He looked up to meet her gaze. "I did it though. I won. I killed Harry, and he won't be hurting anyone anymore."
Lisa smiled, but it was sad. "Like I said, this," she gestured to her wrist "is a lot to explain. But truth be told, " she reached up and fondled the back of his hair, "I would rather die in the hero gig than die knowing there was more I could do."
"I killed Harry...."
Lisa looked surprised, then relieved. She didn't know what to say about it. Normally the death of someone high in power was not something you celebrated, but this was different. Harry had done so many terrible things to her, to Dimitri, to mutants in general, that this was a cause for celebration. She took Dimitri's hand and gave it a squeeze.

Dawn's eyes glowed brighter as he walked over to pick up trash alongside Terry. His darkness expanded past the mess and engulfed each piece of trash, and even every stain or crumb. When the darkness died back down, it was as if nothing had ever happened. He fought the urge to say "May darkness take you", which he usually said when vanishing or teleporting someone evil.

"I missed you too... I think I should go now." He took a few steps away before turning back. "Dont think you're getting out of explaining yourself! I'll uh... see you around I guess." Of course Dimitri didn't actually want to go, he was just in a conflicted state.

"Oh you are?" He said as he nodded towards the man. "Well, I would appreciate it if you would take me to some other members. My father, you see, was able to defeat Captain America in hand to hand combat many times, and even beat Spiderman, so I would like to try and compare myself to him, as we are at similar stages in life. Who is this Connor you speak of?" He asked, turning to Robin, raising a brow.
sitanomoto sitanomoto CasualDragon CasualDragon

Ivory stepped inside the elevator with a small smile, one which lasted for a little for about half of the ride before the awkwardness of the situation hit him again, making his smile leave his face. Ivory allowed the awkward silence to continue for a few minutes longer before finally speaking up, "I'm sorry I didn't say I was back sooner. Just figured I'd say that in case you think I don't regret not coming to see any of you while I've been back..."

A few more moments of the same long, drawn out silence passed as the elevator seemed like it was moving at 0.33 miles per hour given just how tense the situation felt, "It's just...it was difficult to even think to confront you guys, you know? I mean, I showed up years ago, made your life exponentially worse in many ways, faked my own death, then came back just to leave again, only to show up again and reveal I'd failed to succeed at doing the thing that made me leave again in the first place?! That wasn't something I wanted to deal with, especially given how awkward it'd make the situation..." Ivory laughed half-heartedly and rubbed the back of his head before his face quickly fell once more, "...kinda like right now..."

sitanomoto sitanomoto (There, now let me sleep pls)

Dawn's eyes glowed brighter as he walked over to pick up trash alongside Terry. His darkness expanded past the mess and engulfed each piece of trash, and even every stain or crumb. When the darkness died back down, it was as if nothing had ever happened. He fought the urge to say "May darkness take you", which he usually said when vanishing or teleporting someone evil.
Ivory stepped inside the elevator with a small smile, one which lasted for a little for about half of the ride before the awkwardness of the situation hit him again, making his smile leave his face. Ivory allowed the awkward silence to continue for a few minutes longer before finally speaking up, "I'm sorry I didn't say I was back sooner. Just figured I'd say that in case you think I don't regret not coming to see any of you while I've been back..."

A few more moments of the same long, drawn out silence passed as the elevator seemed like it was moving at 0.33 miles per hour given just how tense the situation felt, "It's just...it was difficult to even think to confront you guys, you know? I mean, I showed up years ago, made your life exponentially worse in many ways, faked my own death, then came back just to leave again, only to show up again and reveal I'd failed to succeed at doing the thing that made me leave again in the first place?! That wasn't something I wanted to deal with, especially given how awkward it'd make the situation..." Ivory laughed half-heartedly and rubbed the back of his head before his face quickly fell once more, "...kinda like right now..."

sitanomoto sitanomoto (There, now let me sleep pls)
Terry grinned. "That sure comes in handy, Huh?" He said. "Thank you, Dawn." He looked at the elevator and saw the light on the numbers was going ever higher, and he stood and straightened his plaid shirt.
~~~
Cassie listened to Ivory and kept quiet, not exactly knowing what to say about it. Was she happy too see him? Of course! Glad he wasn't dead? Absolutely. Mad at him for leaving and not telling her he came back? Only a little. She understood why.
In all honesty, she wouldn't've wanted to see her either.
Her head was pounding more and she looked over at Ivory for a moment before just putting a gentle hand on his shoulder, instead of saying anything, giving it a small squeeze.
"I missed you too... I think I should go now." He took a few steps away before turning back. "Dont think you're getting out of explaining yourself! I'll uh... see you around I guess." Of course Dimitri didn't actually want to go, he was just in a conflicted state
"Dimitri-" Lisa started as he began to walk away. She walked over and put a hand on his shoulder, then turned him around to face her. She stood on tiptoe around kissed him gently on the lips. She hugged him and parted her lips from his, then rested her head on his shoulder. "Please don't go..... not again...." She whispered, closing her eyes tightly.
(Uh... too soon? Or... just right?)
"Oh you are?" He said as he nodded towards the man. "Well, I would appreciate it if you would take me to some other members. My father, you see, was able to defeat Captain America in hand to hand combat many times, and even beat Spiderman, so I would like to try and compare myself to him, as we are at similar stages in life. Who is this Connor you speak of?" He asked, turning to Robin, raising a brow.
sitanomoto sitanomoto CasualDragon CasualDragon
Robin grinned. "Connor Rogers is Captain America junior," she said reverently. "He's tall and strong and fast, and really good with a shield! Maybe I'll get to meet him someday. His dad and my day fought side by side together,* so I want to meet him and get to know him a little." She took another bite of her apple, chewed it thoughtfully, and then looked at Finn as she swallowed. "What's your name?" She asked, wondering who on the Next Gen team he was.

*As portrayed in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. For more, See Captain America: Civil War.

Dimitri felt lightheaded as she kissed him. He missed this. Her smell, her voice, everything. As he opened his mouth to say something, he looked up to see a police officer who was helping with the sniper situation. The officer nudged his friend with a serious look on his face and motioned to Dimitri and Lisa, before talking into his radio. "They know." He said before grabbing her and cradling her head. "Hold your breath." Within an instant, they were in Harry's old office at Oscorp HQ, standing next to the huge glass window. "Sorry... I'm kinda... a fugitive now. I didn't exactly cover my tracks about Harry. Most people don't know what a monster he was..." He stopped his ramble and put a hand on her back. "You're not gonna be sick are you? I'm kinda a lot faster than I was." sitanomoto sitanomoto

Last edited:
The lady's enthusiasm was almost contagious. "Yeah I know Connor. He's a brother to me." If he was to reach into his pocket most of his identification would actually read Connor. He needed a pseudonym so that he wouldn't be bothered about superhero stuff and the one name he thought of was Connor. He had thought that maybe he could make Connor proud by getting out and making a life for himself. In reality Connor would probably have been more proud if he had just sucked it up and kept being the hero the city needed and not the bottom of the totem pole computer programmer that he was.

The mysterious guy mentioned that his father had beaten Captain America and Spider-Man before. Digging through his inner hero knowledge Finn tried to pinpoint who may have done that before though he didn't dwell on it for long. He focused more on crossing streets and taking the right turns while ensuring that the two people in tow were still with him. The guy talked a bit about how he hoped to compare himself to his father and the girl mentioned that her father and Captain America fought together. Wait... Fought together? He kept a stoic appearance. It would be just his luck to pick up not one, but two superhero children. Your complaining about this is getting old. Just deal with it.

She asked for his name. "Oh sorry. Where are my manners. I'm Finn Banner. You are?" Hope that doesn't sound rude. He waved the guy's way. "If I may share my advice? Don't compare yourself to your father too much. If you get too caught up with being like your father you'll never be yourself. The world doesn't need two of your father, it's better with one of him and one of you. Besides, clones are always trouble." He muttered under his breath. Thinking about his flash of wisdom he waved the lady's way. "Actually this goes for you too. Living up to a parent's reputation will leave you floundering because you'll either feel despair or the power gets to your head and makes you power hungry. I'm rambling." Arriving at the base of the tower was almost surreal but he didn't think too long and hard about it. Time to get the show on the road. Maybe Cassie would be home... He would be lying if he said that he didn't miss her. Her projects, her humor, her smile, where were these thoughts coming from? He gently pulled open the door and ushered his two new friends in. "Hey Friday. Is anybody in right now?"

The lady's enthusiasm was almost contagious. "Yeah I know Connor. He's a brother to me." If he was to reach into his pocket most of his identification would actually read Connor. He needed a pseudonym so that he wouldn't be bothered about superhero stuff and the one name he thought of was Connor. He had thought that maybe he could make Connor proud by getting out and making a life for himself. In reality Connor would probably have been more proud if he had just sucked it up and kept being the hero the city needed and not the bottom of the totem pole computer programmer that he was.

The mysterious guy mentioned that his father had beaten Captain America and Spider-Man before. Digging through his inner hero knowledge Finn tried to pinpoint who may have done that before though he didn't dwell on it for long. He focused more on crossing streets and taking the right turns while ensuring that the two people in tow were still with him. The guy talked a bit about how he hoped to compare himself to his father and the girl mentioned that her father and Captain America fought together. Wait... Fought together? He kept a stoic appearance. It would be just his luck to pick up not one, but two superhero children. Your complaining about this is getting old. Just deal with it.

She asked for his name. "Oh sorry. Where are my manners. I'm Finn Banner. You are?" Hope that doesn't sound rude. He waved the guy's way. "If I may share my advice? Don't compare yourself to your father too much. If you get too caught up with being like your father you'll never be yourself. The world doesn't need two of your father, it's better with one of him and one of you. Besides, clones are always trouble." He muttered under his breath. Thinking about his flash of wisdom he waved the lady's way. "Actually this goes for you too. Living up to a parent's reputation will leave you floundering because you'll either feel despair or the power gets to your head and makes you power hungry. I'm rambling." Arriving at the base of the tower was almost surreal but he didn't think too long and hard about it. Time to get the show on the road. Maybe Cassie would be home... He would be lying if he said that he didn't miss her. Her projects, her humor, her smile, where were these thoughts coming from? He gently pulled open the door and ushered his two new friends in. "Hey Friday. Is anybody in right now?"

Robin took another bite out of her apple as she walked with Finn. "Finn Banner, huh? Neat! I bet you're a whiz at bioengineering! I'm Robin Lang." She said, then chewed thoughtfully for a moment more before finishing the rest of her apple and tossing it in a nearby trashcan. "Well, I know I'm never gonna be exactly like my dad, but I can do my best to make him proud, for sure." She looked up at STARK tower before walking in, quietly whispering "whoah....." as she took in everything.
"Hello, Finn Banner," the AI said, scanning the other two bodies in the room. "Cassie and Terry are in the living room. Your friends will have to Identify themselves, as security has gotten a little bit tighter as of late."
"Oh!" Robin said. "Now that is wicked. How would that even...?" She looked around the room, trying to see if it was a person speaking or what.
Dimitri felt lightheaded as she kissed him. He missed this. Her smell, her voice, everything. As he opened his mouth to say something, he looked up to see a police officer who was helping with the sniper situation. The officer nudged his friend with a serious look on his face and motioned to Dimitri and Lisa, before talking into his radio. "They know." He said before grabbing her and cradling her head. "Hold your breath." Within an instant, they were in Harry's old office at Oscorp HQ, standing next to the huge glass window. "Sorry... I'm kinda... a fugitive now. I didn't exactly cover my tracks about Harry. Most people don't know what a monster he was..." He stopped his ramble and put a hand on her back. "You're not gonna be sick are you? I'm kinda a lot faster than I was." sitanomoto sitanomoto
Lisa smiled afterwards and then was whisked away by Dimitri, and it kind of felt like she had left her insides where she was standing previously. She doubled over and put her hands on her knees, closing her eyes and taking a couple of deep breaths.
"You're not gonna be sick are you? I'm kinda a lot faster than I was."
Lisa looked up at him and smiled as she breathed in through her nose and out through her mouth. "I can tell...." She said, then stood up when she felt herself settle a little. "Have you thought about asking Cassie for help with the whole 'fugitive' thing??" She said, then bit her bottom lip. "She could probably start an investigation for you if you just asked nicely...."

Dimitri shook his head. He felt guilt and fear creep into his chest as he began pacing. "This place is clean. I don't know how they did it, but the floors where he did all his goblin shit are completely empty." He told Lisa, while also trying to convince himself. Sitting in the desk chair and spinning around twice, he stopped as he faced out the window and looked at Stark tower. "Besides... after the registration act... Lisa, I turned on them. I trusted Harry over them. Not to mention they don't like how I do things. They would probably be glad to see me in prison."

Dimitri shook his head. He felt guilt and fear creep into his chest as he began pacing. "This place is clean. I don't know how they did it, but the floors where he did all his goblin shit are completely empty." He told Lisa, while also trying to convince himself. Sitting in the desk chair and spinning around twice, he stopped as he faced out the window and looked at Stark tower. "Besides... after the registration act... Lisa, I turned on them. I trusted Harry over them. Not to mention they don't like how I do things. They would probably be glad to see me in prison."
Lisa sighed. "Listen, Moya lyubov...." She walked over and put her hand on his head. "It's only Connor who didn't like the way you do things. Cassie is never one to hold grudges, you know that." She sighed again and looked at Stark Tower. "She needs her friends, Dimitri. She...." She closed her eyes for a moment. "She's gaining some of Tony's old habits... she isn't herself...." She opened her eyes and looked at the ground. "I understand why you don't want to go back. I know it can be hard, and you don't have to, but they're your friends. Your family. You can't just hide from them forever."

The AI that manages the building, VOCS, chimed in. "I have security footage of the floors that were cleaned. Unfortunately, they corrupted the file before leaving."
Dimitri narrowed his eyes in annoyance. "Well... it's a dead end then. I can't fix that."
"You could ask for help"
"I don't know anyone who could help here..."
"Bullshit."
"Did They really program you to say Bullsh-... fine! We're going, but if I find out VOCS orchestrated this to help me solve my inner demons, I'm leveling this building." He stood up and walked over to Lisa. "I'm glad I have someone pushing me out of my comfort zone and all, but if this is awkward, you have to make me forget about it." He drew her in close to prepare to run to Stark tower's lobby. "Oh, and VOCS, change my password back to my old one."
Whoosh!

When Aedan received news--from the news--that the insurmountable Connor Rogers was engaging Hydra agents in unauthorized vigilantism, what else could he do than to track down the blonde for a session of congratulatory semi-sarcastic gloating? He hadn't seen the Avenger Captain in at least a few months, they rarely stayed in contact these days, but it didn't take a genius to figure out the suspension of the Avengers hit Connor hard, hard enough to drive him to working outside of the law.

Now, Aedan had always been content in doing so, but Connor? That was uncharacteristic, dangerous even. Perhaps he needed a reminder of who he was, not that Aedan was going to be that reminder, no, the Vigilante Ronin was more than happy to see the American Symbol of Heroism working in shades of grey. If his Intel on Connor was even remotely correct, then he was in the right place.

Dressed in a casual assortment of clothes, consisting of a pair of dark blue jeans, black work-like boots, a plain leather jacket further amplified by leather gloves, and a pair of unnecessary sunglasses, Aedan lightly pushed the glass door aside, slipping into the internet café with a natural swagger. Briefly, hidden eyes scanned the surrounding figures, setting on a hair of clean blonde entrenched firmly into a digital screen with a satisfied glimmer. Walking forward with a beaming smirk, Aedan swiftly took a seat directly across from the male, removing the sunglasses in gesturing to the blueberry bagel with a grateful nod.

"Thanks, I'm famished." He wished he was joking, but he'd forgone for food for longer than he'd thought. Taking the blueberry bagel the male took a pleasurable bite, rolling his eyes exasperatedly at the taste. "Hmm, these are gooood." Aedan muttered with a mouth full of bagel, he hadn't inquired about the Hydra attack yet, but of course he was going too. "It's good to see you, Cap."
Crono Crono

Users who are viewing this thread

Back