• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Locoma
10:25

Locoma attention finally left her new greatest gift as a spring loaded grasshopper flew past her. Turning to her classmate to see him red in the face. She was going to put her hand to his forehead but stopped herself. " ahhh.. I activated my magic tool by accident. It turns out it turns mana into water. I'm not sure how though.... but yes. That was how I got soaked... quite troublesome this magic tool is." She added as she took her magic flask out her pocket glaring at it. "I must thank you for the umbrella Thomas. I a Locoma Tive, and what you have gifted me was of high importance to me. " she added holding the umbrella dearly. She was truly happy to have the umbrella and intended to thank him fully.

"Hmmm but how should I thank you.... it would be hard to get a gift in such short time....... that's too informal...." she was stuck thinking of what to do. She didn't know him well enough to hug him or know what he wanted as a gift. Perhaps something that everyone enjoys. "AH! Simply must invite you to lunch then. Will you join me?" She asked looking him straight in the eyes happily.

( EldridSmith EldridSmith
If we are posting a bit too frequently just let us know and we'll slow down.

1567463295966.png Thomas's face betrayed the fact he was disappointed that she didn't place her hand on his forehead, however his expression soon turned excited hearing about how her mana focus worked, perhaps one day he could make something easily propelled by mana! He soon grinned hearing that she liked the umbrella. Yes I did something right!!! He mentally rejoiced. His heart leapt as she mentioned getting him a gift, as his friend had told him it was a sign of affection. However he wasn't sure what to think about her saying that it was too informal, he never had experience with this stuff. Upon hearing him inviting him to lunch he almost jumped out of his seat. "I would love to!" He says with glee and fervor. We've only just met and we're already so close! A date, a date! She's definitely the one in going to marry, Jeff was right! He thinks, rejoicing inside, already planning the wedding and the kids names. On the outside his face just revealed an excited grin and an energetic expression, he just couldn't hold still he was so excited. He began tinkering again without noticing, this time making a clockwork rose that bloomed and closed.
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Miranda just blinked a few times when Kitchi said that it was his normal clothes. For she thought that he was going to say that it was a costume. "Oh. I thought that was a costume, since my parents told me that nobody lives in the wasteland. I guess they were wrong about that." said Miranda.
She then looked away after saying that, because she was kind of embarrassed about that.
Ms. Sylvia then told everybody about the tools, and Miranda turned around to look at her. Her embarrassment turned into excitement, and her head started to glow from that. "YAY!" said Miranda, as she got up from her seat.
Miranda walked over to the big box, so she can get her tools. Once she has found both of the boxes for Aere and Ex Diem, Miranda went back to her desk to open them.
The excited light bulb girl opens the boxes and took out the fan and the flashlight. 'This is going to be fun, since I get to mess with both of these tools.' thought Miranda. Holding the tools in her hands, Miranda then looked at what Thomas and Locoma were doing. She started to grin when she noticed how close they were, for Locoma seemed to have gotten an umbrella from him. 'Well, well, well. What do we have here? They seem to like each other if she ended up getting an umbrella from him. I want to point it out.' thought Miranda.
So Miranda ended up doing that by putting her foot on the desk. She opened the fan, covers her mouth with it, and started to do the noblewoman laugh as a joke. "I see with my pretty little eyes that someone is trying to get a girlfriend, which I think it is very cute." said Miranda, who was looking at Locoma and Thomas.
She doesn't understand why Thomas was giving Locoma an umbrella as a gift, since she doesn't know if Locoma needed that or not.
EldridSmith EldridSmith Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

~Chepi Machk~
Mon, the 2nd of October, Year 500
10:20 - Artificem Class, Vene Aere Island

They had already been here for three weeks, but every time she left the dorm Chepi felt like she was seeing the school with new eyes. The halls echoed with memories from students past and even the slightest touch against the walls made the spirits whisper to her. The school felt...warm. it was dearly loved and she could feel that love blanket her. She was glad that her husband, Kitchi, had taken to wandering the halls with her. She'd sometimes get so caught up in the memories left behind that she'd need someone to nudge her back into reality. It wasn't that she couldn't control her abilities, just that she didn't want to ignore the things the spirits wished to share with her.

And that was her current problem.

Of course she had sat through the orientation ceremony with Kitchi before separating for their respective classes, but upon arriving on the Vene Aere Island Chepi had gotten so caught up in the memories and faint whispers of the spirits there that she had lost track of time. It was only the first day and she was already going to make a bad first impression. It's already going to be difficult when we're so different. Chepi and Kitchi knew that the world outside was going to be different, and it was, but it was hard to adjust to the social norms and technology of this new world. They've already gotten a few stares for their size and attire, but their lack of knowledge of the most basic things seemed to put off some of the students. Why is it such a big deal that we didn't know how to use a microwave? We've learned, that's all that matters! Hopefully, classes would be easier. She already had a small grasp of her powers, that meant that she was already ahead, didn't it?

Stopping outside of a labeled door, she glanced at the sheet in her hand to confirm it was her classroom. This is it. Remembering to knock, she opened the door and let it close behind her as she entered the room. Doing her best to remember what was considered polite in this culture, she said, "I apologize for being late." Good. A strong start. She zeroed in on the person sitting at the front of the room. He must be the teacher. Holding out her hand for him to shake, she continued, "I am Chepi, you must be the teacher, correct?" Chepi may have been late, but that didn't mean that she had to settle for a bad impression. A strong, clear voice with a straight and confident posture was more than enough to assert her competence. With luck, it would make her appear capable to her teacher despite her tardiness.

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Elenion Aura Elenion Aura @Phobia EldridSmith EldridSmith Deathkitten Deathkitten

1567463295966.png Thomas's mental planning the wedding and the kids names was brought to an abrupt halt as he was dragged back down to earth from cloud nine by Miranda's comment. His face flushed entirely red as she mentioned him getting a girlfriend and that it was cute. His stuttering response was entirely incoherent as he quickly hid his blushing face behind his hands and a large pile of gears and parts on the table. He tried to think of what to do, how to act, and what to say. However, his mind was entirely blank as he searched for the correct response. He suddenly panicked as he was afraid of looking like an idiot in front of Locoma but it only made him more nervous. His excitement and embarrassment coming together in a strange feeling causing him to subconsciously draw all the spare parts on the table around him covering him completely except for his goggles that poked out. He looked like a cat peeking its head out from a pile of blankets with the way everything was arranged. His mind still reeling as he tried to sort out what to say.
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Blackrose7 Blackrose7

Osuka:

Time: Around that time

Location: You know, I really do enjoy breaking a few rules of the universe to chat with you, but it might be about time I stop doing that. Continuity and all. That and I don’t know where I am, but I’m about to find out soon, so… This shall be ta-ta for now, my friends.

That had a lasting impression, and that was good. He could see it in the way the woman moved that he had caused her actual distress, which was the entire point, and apparently he picked the right words out of all the ones he had heard already, which meant that he was definitely going to have to learn it now. With all of that out of the way, it sounded like the woman had been warning Colette about something – maybe to get some sort of guard detail here? If that was the case, there would obviously be more trouble, and he would have to fight his way out while keeping Colette protected. After all, he didn’t know the exact relationship between Colette and the rude woman, but he wasn’t about to trust that it was anything positive given their interactions that had been on display for him.

Osuka found himself caught off-guard when, as she appeared confused, Colette had hugged him. There wasn’t a third option that he had put forth by accident, did he? When she had backed away, he looked from one display of Pictionary-By-Fire to the other, then simply furrowed his brow in confusion. Did she recognize him or not?? Better yet, if she didn’t, why in the world did she hug him??

All of that went out the window when Colette yelled, and when Colette yelled (which was ridiculously rare – he could count on his left hand with fingers to spare the times she had done that), things went flying, and Osuka immediately ducked and covered his head. Spindly as she appeared to be, the woman had a hell of a fastball arm, and he wasn’t about to accidentally be on the receiving end of said improvised fastball. Instead, however, it seemed that they were going for a bit of a walk. The situation as he attempted to get re-dressed in his old clothes and gear were… Awkward.

Say what you will, but no matter how dexterous you are, it is damn near impossible to pull on a pair of pants when someone is pulling you along by one of your hands, and he found himself stumbling and staggering quite a lot as he also had the task of trying to dress himself under his kimono. Simply apparating the clothes onto himself like he normally would definitely didn’t work, and by the time they were out, he had his pants on, belt somewhat secured, his chest bare with his shirt open and wrinkled as it had been tugged on with haste (how he got his arm through the sleeve that was meant for the arm Colette was wearing, he’ll never know, but miracles happened, and was securing his weapons to himself under his disheveled and canted cloak that draped awkwardly off of him.

To say the very least, he looked like a disheveled mess that a Primarch should never be caught appearing as, and it was more embarrassing than he would like to admit.

Still, he had his shoes tied, even with stumbling about like a bloody buffoon, and that counted as a victory.

Then came a revelation in the form of what he would assume would be a very awkward close proximity for Colette given as she didn’t know who he was with what she had asked…

Wait… She just asked something… Using telepathy.

Almost instantly, Osuka’s face lit up in fascination and pure glee as he nodded and rested his hands gently over hers, and immediately began to reply.

Before we begin, does using telepathy tax you in any way? Also, why did you hug me if you seem to not recognize me. I’m Osuka, remember? You’re Colette – born to poor parents who owed a debt. We met when I was six – but that… He paused for a minute and cordoned some of his thoughts to himself before deciding maybe it wasn’t a good idea to tell her how old she really is. Anyway, um… I came here to retrieve you, but I don’t know if you have amnesia or someone or something has altered your memory. But uh… Shit, I need proof. Hang on.

With that being said, Osuka let go of her left hand to reach his right into his pockets, digging around for a moment to produce what looked like her standing in front of a very ornate Hotel within the confines of a forest clearing. To the side, just within camera shot was half of Osuka’s face, as if his attention was drawn to something. She stood giving what looked to be the peace sign. Sadly, he had lost a picture of them standing together with an arm around each other in his last jump before ending up here… And he didn’t like to think about the last place he was, so he wasn’t going to.

This is you in front of the Zarrina Hotel outside of the Terra’Avenian Capital, he started. I had just been discharged as a Medic in the Corps, and finally found you after a year or so of trying to track you down. Does it jog your memory at all?

Deathkitten Deathkitten

1568419677678.png~ Ms. Seryva ~
12:45 - The Ring, Lunchtime!
The class had gone well. Her students clearly knew their stuff, knew about some dangerous creatures, and she had spent the time primarily talking to them about what they know and what her plan was for the class. Self-defense first. That would then go into a bit of combat training, and some discussion as to what would happen in Patronus or Insidiator classes - the two that were the most common choices for Pugnator students. The Patronus students had even more combat training to look forward to, and the Insidiator students had a lot of hard work ahead of them to become the jack of all trades sort of person they were looking to become.

Not much was learned today, as it often goes in the first day of class. Seryva did take the opportunity, however, to get the kids their tools. Each would receive one that matched their element, and the duplex students would receive two, one for each element. She explained that they would have to see if the tool fit them right, that some students ended up needing something a bit more unique, etc.

Then she went off on a tangent about wands and the rarity of them. That even she didn't have a wand. That wands would be just as likely to kill their user as it would be to help them. That wands couldn't be made by just anyone, and often they were ancient tools of magic. That then got into an even deeper rabbit hole of grimoires, which are semi-sentient and far rarer than even a wand... but they'd also probably get someone killed. She explained that she had only ever seen one grimoire, and that was with the Head Ultima. Maybe, just maybe, if the students were competent enough and studied hard enough, they'd be strong enough to wield such a thing one day.

Before she knew it, a loud, deep bell rang its way through campus, more like a church bell from a cathedral than an alarm. She jumped, along with some of her students. Her hand went to her heart and she laughed, by this time seeming like just as much of a kid as the students. She was comfortable now. This was her class, and she wanted to be friends with them, rather than someone who'd lord over them.

"Right! I guess that's all for today. I'll see you guys tomorrow at the same time. It's lunch now. You can go to your dorm, to the trade islands, or wherever you want to get food. Your caster type classes start at 14:15. Try not to be late," she said, chuckling, as many of her students had been late, even some mutated fox man and Colette had been extremely late. She didn't care though, the first day of class was the best day to end up being late. Seryva turned to Ivan and Ian, "Hey! You two. You both managed to touch me. Wanna grab lunch with me? My treat. What sort of food do you two like?"

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon EldridSmith EldridSmith Peckinou Peckinou L Libero Kyrenka Kyrenka SomebodyElse SomebodyElse Osuka Osuka

Locoma

Locoma simply stood confused. " I believe it was just a gift out of kindwill miss. " she stated to Miranda with a wave. "So Thomas. Would you like to share lunch with me?" She asked Thomas looking him in the eyes. "I've heard there are many good restaurants. I don't normally eat out. But I suppose for occasions like this dining is acceptable." She quickly wrote on a piece of paper her phone number handing it to him. "In case you have trouble finding me after class take my number. I look forward to sharing this class with you for the rest of the year. " she said finally smiling enough to show.

( EldridSmith EldridSmith Sneaking one in here

1568424801266.png Thomas's arm stretches out of the pile, taking the paper from Locoma's hand. If she could see his expression it had fallen some due to the fact she only thought it was goodwill. "I look forward to sharing class with you as well!" He says through the parts, somehow still clear and audible despite the pile of gears covering him. He however felt elated when she smiled at him, causing him to entirely forget his panic attack as he came out of the pile of parts.
( Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon final post)

1568421186120.png~ Ms. Sylvia ~
12:45 - Magum Spiritus Island, Lunchtime!
Everyone seemed to have fun with their new tools, and she allowed them to play with them for another thirty minutes - in which time it seemed one of the students had courted another somehow? Hormones sure worked fast here. She was tempted to stop them at first, but she didn't want to make everyone so awkward. Drawing attention to such a thing would only make it worse, and it wasn't like they were making out in class... yet. Sylvia grimaced a little and made a quiet grossed out noise. One of the hormonal teens was slowly burying himself in a pile of gears too, which was strange. Scientificus always got the weirdos.

No matter, the rest of the class was more or less uneventful and boring. She covered the history of tools, how they came from the rare wands as a simulacrum of them. They've advanced over the years, unable to match their predecessor, but useful to beginners. Over fifty years ago, the school started to mass-produce them in an effort to help their students learn. Now, it's normal, and everyone gets a tool to help their magic along. She tried her best to stay away from the topic of wands, not wanting to encourage people to get something they couldn't have, but there were a few questions posed.

What's a wand? The obvious question.

"A wand is a really rare tool, basically. Like something from legend. Super dangerous, only the masters of their craft can make such a thing. Most wands we know of are really old. People find them in weird places, and usually they end up killing people until they're properly contained."

Do we get a wand?

"Nope. Not even Ultimas necessarily get a wand. It's rare. They can't just hand them out willy-nilly."

Etc. After that, she spent some time explaining the class. There'd be biology. Chemistry. Physics. They'd have to become familiar with the human body, with common animal husbandry, with the science behind magic as well as the history of it. They'd learn what the experts knew about magic so far, and a little about enchanting and it's importance to industry and healthcare. She made it clear that this class was no cakewalk.

Before she knew it, the chiming bell rang, echoing across the halls like an ancient church. Sylvia looked out the window and sighed, "Right! Well. I suppose that's it for now then. It's lunchtime. Your next class is gonna be your caster type class, and that's at... 14:15, I think. Make sure to have your uniform on for that one and bring your tool with you. You can eat pretty much wherever. A lot of people go to Cat Island... er... which is a maintenence island. It's labeled on the teleport pads with a handmade label. It's a place where there's a bunch of cats some Tres Forus Vitae students made by accident. They're plants, technically, but they'll still totally eat your food if you let them."

"Other people go to the trade islands and buy food from restaurants or fast food places or a market... and then some people just go to the cafeteria and get the free school food there... and then some other, other people go and make food at their dorm since you guys have a kitchen in your dorms. So... yeah. Go wherever. If you have questions for me, I'm gonna go to the trade island to go buy myself some food. I'll buy for whoever wants to come with. Might as well, call it first day generosity. I realize some of you have come from less than pleasant circumstances. Luckily, here, you never have to go hungry again. We care for our own."

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Blackrose7 Blackrose7 Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka Peckinou Peckinou EldridSmith EldridSmith

1568427410671.png After class Thomas stared at Locoma with hopeful eyes, even if she promised him dinner perhaps they could also go to lunch as well! "Why don't we all go out as a class for lunch and look around the shopping island?" He asks with an excited tone, his eyes on Locoma especially. He knew he would get teased for it but he couldn't help it! At this point in time Thomas was already head over heals for Locoma, and to anyone with an ounce of sense could see this. Thomas looked at his classmates hopefully, however a few of them had already left. He couldn't help but fidget with the scrap heap again as he waited on responses. He couldn't help it, he always fidgeted when he was nervous or anxious. He liked to create and doing that eased most of the negative emotions he faced. He wondered if his relative Henry Ford felt the same way, he couldn't be the only person like this.
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Blackrose7 Blackrose7 Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka Peckinou Peckinou

1568429770152.png Kitchi left class as soon as it ended, heading back to his room to change as he waited for Chepi to go to lunch. She probably got distracted looking at the spirits of distant memories and happy times but he didn't mind as she was enjoying herself. They had been happily married two years ago and the anniversary was only days away and he planned to find her something she would like in the shopping center that evening during free time to give to her. He looked at the dorm bed that had to be specifically made for him due to his height and laid down. He didn't understand why the people here didn't understand how the ancestor spirits had blessed them with magic, it was something every tribe learned in the forest or "deadzone" as they called it here. Sure it was dangerous to live there but it wasn't anywhere close to dead. He donned his bearskin cloak once again, even if he was punished for it he would wear it, it was something too important to him for him to leave behind. He sat down in contemplation while waiting for his wife to arrive.
Kyrenka Kyrenka

1568430513566.png "I would love to. I've got a taste for chicken and veggie fried rice right now if you're both up for Chinese food." Ian replies to Ms. Seryva as she calls out to himself and Ivan. "However what do you have a taste for?" He asks the two of them, he may be selfish a times but he wasn't a complete jerk. He'd traveled around quite a bit, visiting a few foreign countries but the authentic fried rice from where China used to be was one of his top 10 dishes. He only hoped it would be as good as the original was, as he had tried many versions of it back home and few even came close to it.
At this point he couldn't help but look at the teacher, she really wasn't that much older than them yet she was already so powerful. She must have awoken her powers earlier than he did to achieve such a feat. And Ivan was quite tough, though they were closely matched his power combination gave him the upper hand in the fight as he could redirect and deflect his strikes. Ian cleared his mind and waited for the two to answer.
Deathkitten Deathkitten Osuka Osuka

1568426419512.png~ Mr. Damon ~
12:45 - Vene Aere Island, Lunch.
He let the students talk amongst themselves and toy with their tools as they pleased for at least an hour. He wasn't paying attention to the time. He took the time to read instead, glancing up from time to time to make sure the room hadn't spontaneously caught fire. The students needed some time to get to know each other. They'd have a lot of projects together, so they needed to know how to get along.

After an hour or so, he piped up again, calming the class, and proceeded to explain what would be expected of them. Mastery of their tools. Projects they'd need to complete. Useful crafts they'd need to learn - smithing, coding, rune-crafting, crystal-crafting, etc. Enchantments. The engineering side of magitech, instead of the research side. He explained that there might even be a couple of projects they do with the Scientificus students. All this and more, but they'd get into the nitty-gritty of it if they had the Artificus program. They'd dip their toes in and get to see what path they enjoyed most. He particularly enjoyed employing the use of VR in his classes, simulations so those true materials weren't wasted.

Eventually, the class came to an end with the ringing of bells across campus. He looked to the door, then the clock, "Oh. Right. 12:45 has come, and now you all get to go have lunch. Your caster classes will start at 14:15. Try not to be late. I also believe I have to inform you that you can eat where you please. The cafeteria has free school food. The trade islands have restaurants you can buy food at. The dorms have kitchens if you want to cook your own food. Your choice. I want you all to make sure to spend some time familiarizing yourself with your tools before tomorrow's class. I want to jump into a project - keep you guys interested. Anyway, free to go."

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Elenion Aura Elenion Aura L Libero EldridSmith EldridSmith

~Chepi Machk~
12:45 - Vene Aere Island => Dorms, Lunch

Chepi.png Chepi wasn't sure if she was relieved or disappointed by the lack of attention she garnered during class. No attention meant no whispers behind her back, but also meant no chance to make friends. At least the teacher was forgiving. He had waved her in with a smile and no mention of her tardiness. The class itself was interesting. Familiar topics, such as enchantment, and unfamiliar ones, like VR, were all discussed as they were give specific tools to help channel their powers. Turning the 'glasses' over in her hands, she watched other students wear them over their eyes before mimicing them. She didn't feel different, but maybe that was because she wasn't actively using her gifts. Perhaps they make it easier to see what the spirits wish to show me? It was hard at times to grasp at the faint whispers of the spirit world, if these glasses made things clearer then they were truly a wonderful tool. Chepi would have no problem familiarizing herself with her new tool by tomorrow's class. Tucking the glasses safely into the new uniform she had yet to put on, she picked up the bundle before making her way back to the dorms at the class's dismissal. Kitchi is waiting, the thought alone gave Chepi the focus she needed to ignore being side-tracked once again. However, when she saw her dorm room's door she couldn't help but speed up. Was his class exciting? Was it terrible? Did he get a tool too? Opening the door revealed Kitchi sitting patiently on his bed for her. Chepi smiled as she closed the door behind her. "I see that you made it out in one piece." She noticed that he had already changed into his uniform. She purposely ignored her own uniform and reached into the bundle for her tool before tossing the clothes aside. Putting the glasses on in one fluid motion, she struck a bit of a pose before airily asking, "How do I look?" Glasses weren't an invention in the Deadlands. To them, glasses were strange but amusing because they made the people wearing them look a bit ridiculous. How ironic that they're now my chosen tool. Chepi could only hope that she didn't look completely foolish.

EldridSmith EldridSmith

Last edited:
~Gavin Heidrich~
12:45 - The Ring => Trade Island, Lunch

Gavin.jpg Huh. That guy, Ivan, had practically ignored Gavin. Not that the brunet was expecting a new best friend from this experience, but a thank you would've been nice. Or even an answer to my question. Sourly, he watched Ian chat eagerly with the teacher and Ivan. Fine then. Shoving his new tools into his backpack, he marched off towards his dorm. When the brunet actually made it back to his room, he felt his mood fall even more to see that it was empty. He had been hoping to catch up with his roommate, Hira, and maybe go to lunch together, but she was probably already out doing her own thing. Sighing, Gavin slide his bag off so that he could take his uniform out and change into it. Might as well put it on before I get yelled at. His one cousin had gone to a private school and had several stories about teachers punishing kids for not wearing their uniform properly. Gavin was determined to not be yelled at over his uniform. Smoothing out his stiff new clothes, he glanced at the mirror and smiled. Mama made a handsome boy. With his mood improved, he carefully checked to make sure that his fan was secure in his bag while he put on his new rings. He'd never wore rings before so it'd take time to get used to their weight on his fingers, but they fit well and didn't seem like they'd slide off unexpectedly. That's a relief. Slinging his backpack onto his back again, Gavin couldn't help but grin in excitement as he made a bee-line for the Trade Islands. The brunet hadn't gotten a chance to visit them yet, and his imagination was running wild as he tried to picture what it'd be like.

Deathkitten Deathkitten (Mentioned Osuka Osuka 's Ivan and EldridSmith EldridSmith 's Ian)

Last edited:
Rever
12:45

Rever had gotten his room and stared at it confusingly throughout the class..... an anklet. How was he suppose to wear an anklet over his boots? Nevertheless he just put it over his wrist. For the rest of the class he listenened to the teacher as he idly did small maintenance on his stone knight before he had to return it. Sighing a bit tired from mana exhaustion he placed the statue back into his case as the teacher said they could go. "Over already? So much shorter then the private teachers..... I like it. " he idly said to himself before standing up and beginning to walk out the class only to hit his head on the doorway and almost fall over. Jeez... maybe he was a bit too tall for this school. He doubted if his mother could ever walk into a classroom of this school. As he exited the building for the classroom again he hit his head giving an exasperated sigh. This was going to be his whole school year.....

Upon entering the plaza again he wondered what he should do.... he didn't really have a lot of money... perhaps the cafeteria would do for today...... now which way was the cafeteria. Looking around he began walking before he had tripped over an uneven part of the pavement. One of the downsides to his height was it was much easier to lose his balance. Stumbling foward he soon felt a loud slam hit agaisnt his head thankfully a tree had prevented him from going face first into concrete. But as he tried to stand up he realized something was wrong. He pushed agaisnt the tree but to no avail... his horns had stabbed into the tree and now he was stuck.... "ummm pardon me, but wouldn't anyone be kind to lend a hand? I'm a bit... troubled in the situation I'm currently in." He said aloud asking for help from passerby students. Some ignored him and others took a quick pic before waving bye. Giving a sad smile Rever felt he wouldn't get lunch today.

~María de los Ángeles~
12:45 - The Ring, Lunch

Maria.jpg Eagerly, María left The Ring and its students behind. She had had high hopes for the first day of class, but apparently it was all for nothing. They barely got any training done and mostly talked about the different beasts from their home countries. The only remotely interesting part was when the teacher had given them their weapons and talked about some of the rarer and more powerful types. A grimoire seemed too dangerous for her to ever wield, but a wand sounded like a much more realistic goal. It'd be more useful than this. Glaring at the flashlight in her hand, she bitterly stuffed it in her pocket. The soldier would've thought it was some sort of tasteless joke if other Ex Diem users hadn't received the same thing. Carajo, how am I supposed to use a torch as a weapon!? She was so distracted by her thoughts, that she almost didn't notice groups of students chuckling while pointing until she had nearly bumped into one such group. María felt her patience snap, "Watch where you're going!"

Afraid, the students she almost bumped into scurried off while the rest gave her a wide breadth. Glancing at what had previously garnered their attention, she stared blankly at a student with horns who was apparently stuck to a tree. It took about a full five seconds before her mind helpfully reminded her that mutated humans existed and that she was not looking at an actual demon. The Egyptian Theocracy is known for mutating their people, but they hate the school. Then again, so did the New Holy Roman Empire yet here she was. If he has horns, then he's either a noble or a fellow soldier. Judging by the predicament he's in, he's probably not a soldier. Groaning internally at the memories of various annoying nobles back home, she closed her eyes, took a deep breath in, and finally resigned herself to helping the boy stuck to the tree. Please don't make me regret this. Striding over to his struggling form, María wordlessly wrapped her arms around the man's torso, planted her right foot onto the truck of the tree, and yanked the man with all of her might. While she may not have much to speak of in terms of magic, she was a soldier so she was pretty muscular if she did say so herself. If she's successful, she'll be able to tug Rever free from the tree.

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Rever
10:46

Rever sighed having long since given up escaping from the tree. A group had begun gathering around taking pictures and observing what had happened. As the group began to disperse someone grabbed Rever and began pulling. "Ah thank you -owowow" the pulling of his horns hurt some before with the force behind the girls hugs he popped free from the tree leaving two large circles in the side of it. Rever fell on the ground and sat up rubbing his head before sighing. "Thank you miss." He said to his savior standing up and shaking dirt off his clothes. "My name is Rever Echni. Heir to the Echni territory of Egyptian theocracy. May I have the name of my rescuer?" He gave a deep bow with a twirl of his hand to show gratitude to her smiling.

This had actually happened a few time before in his territory.... a few hundred times. Many commoners helped him and he began forming friendships with the community. To Rever. An act of kindness was the foundatuon of a trusting friendship. And he intended to stick by his values even in this situation. Be it child or adult. Woman or man. A savior is a savior nonetheless. And to not thank you savior is of the highest disrespect

( Kyrenka Kyrenka

1568491073567.png Kitchi watched his wife enter the room; a smile creeping upon his face. "You look like my Little Fairy." He says, making a small joke since that's what her name meant. "You look fine in them." He says as he stands up and lumbers over to her, drawing her into a hug, and looking down at her. "I had fun at classes today." He says as his Mana wyrm sticks it's head out from underneath his bearskin cloak. The wyrm was an emerald green instead of an electric blue like most of the others. "How was your class dear?" he asks with a loving look in his eyes. They had been together for so long they already acted like an old married couple... with a lot more energy. Her presence alone was enough to make him feel content and happy even in the most dangerous of situations. She was his one and only Little Fairy and even with all her quirks he loved her all the same.
Kyrenka Kyrenka

~María de los Ángeles~
12:45 - Central Plaza, Lunch

Maria.jpg Wincing from the slight pain in her ass after she fell, María did her best to stand back up gracefully as she brushed the dirt off of her uniform. The taller boy, Rever, was a noble just like she had suspected. One with flair for the dramatic, she thought as he bowed with a theatrical hand motion. Still, respect was to be given when it was necessary. It wouldn't hurt to be polite to an Egyptian noble, especially an Echni, and could prove to be useful later in life. Especially when it comes to border disputes. Returning his bow with a curt, military one, María responded, "Second Lieutenant María de los Ángeles of the New Holy Roman Empire." Normally, she wouldn't have given out her rank, but he had offered his first which meant that according to polite society's expectations she had to give hers in return. Straightening up again, she continued, "I'm enrolled in the Pugnator class for the Dux program." While she hadn't seen Rever in The Ring, his horns being far too memorable, that didn't mean that he wasn't in the Dux class with her. It made sense for a noble to study politics. That means I could be seeing Rever a lot. The brunette felt a bit of excitement. While the New Holy Roman Empire and the Egyptian Theocracy weren't necessarily on good terms, forging an alliance with one of their nobles meant that she might be able to have more sway in their court when she was experienced enough to handle international affairs. Although, she mused as she eyed his horns, He may also turn out to be an enemy rather than an ally.

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

~Chepi Machk~
12:45 - Dorms, Lunch

Chepi.png Chepi breathed out a laugh. For such a fearsome warrior, he was always so playful around her. It was one of the many things she loved about him. Smiling up at him, she replied, "My class was interesting." She leaned in closer but almost immediately startled away when she noticed the glowing wyrm peeking out from under Kitchi's bearskin. Blinking in surprise, she used one hand to remove her glasses. When the wyrm didn't disappear, Chepi leaned in again in curiosity. "Is this spirit yours?" She had seen her husband conjure up faint whispers of spirits before, but never something this solid or detailed. The spirits certainly favor Kitchi, and for good reason too. Kitchi was a skilled warrior and equally skilled shaman, Chepi felt that it was more than fair to think of her husband with pride. Replacing the glasses onto her face so she could free her hand, she couldn't help but stare at it in awe. Glancing up at her husband with quiet excitement, she asked, "May I touch it?"

EldridSmith EldridSmith

1568499028084.png "Oh this is Unktena, they called him a 'mana focus' in class." Upon hearing her ask to touch his mana focus he hugged her close. "Chepi we've been married for almost two years now, you should know what's mine is yours." He says as he moves one hand and sets Unktena on her head, where Unktena just sat like a blob. Kitchi moved his hand behind her head as he stroked her hair for a little while. "I love the moments we share together like this; I'll always remember them." He says as he leans down and kisses her forehead before taking her hand. "We should head to get lunch now Chepi, do you want to try more of their foreign food or shall I fix you something here?"
Kyrenka Kyrenka

~Liliana Bermudez~
12:45 - Magum Spiritus Island, Lunch.

LFB.jpg Liliana was back at her desk, staring at the paintbrush on her desk solemnly. She hadn't been able to use her tool like some of the other kids. It bothered her since They were easy to conjure up into existence, but with a tool that was supposed to make things easier she was doing worse. Am I just using it wrong? While the class itself had gone by smoothly, the prospect of lunch was always a mood lifter. A few students immediately bolted for the doors while a few others followed at a more moderate pace. Turning to her roommate, the brunette smiled, "Do you want to get lunch together? I have enough for the both of us if you don't have any money with you!" Venissa was shy, but Liliana was crossing her fingers that she'd accept. Reaching blindly for her tool, she frowned when she didn't immediately feel it and felt her heart stop when she turned to see that it was gone. Where did it go!? I couldn't have lost it already! She jumped slightly when she felt Them tap her leg. A hand formed out of her shadow to point at her bag before melding back into non-existence. Sure enough, when she peeked into her bag there was her paintbrush safe and sound. Liliana huffed a little in irritation. As much as she appreciated Their thoughtfulness, They were going to be the reason she'd have grey hairs at 20.

((Interacted with Deathkitten Deathkitten 's Venissa))

Rever
12:48

Revers eyes widened a bit in surprise. A military officer of the Roman Empire. It truly seems you find all sorts of people in this school. "It's a pleasure to meet you Maria. I am in the Dux program as well. Though I'm an artificiem student. I'm not physically suited for combat." He rubbed his horns slightly. "I guess it's pretty easy to tell I'm from Egypt though.... I was just about to head over to the cafeteria. Would you care to join me. I'd like to chat a bit more since we are both in the same program." He gave a warm smile as from his horns glowed slightly giving him a glow around his head.

He may have come here accidentally but he wouldn't miss the chance to make friend and future allies. Many people here were learning to become fighters and for him.... that was what he was lacking the most. Sure his stone statues could fight. But that's all they were. Stone. Speaking of which. He tried to judge how much mana he had recovered. He probably couldn't summon Natasha for another 30 minutes or so. Waiting for her and then preparing lunch would leave no time. So inviting her to the cafeteria seemed like the best bet.

( Kyrenka Kyrenka

Users who are viewing this thread

Back