• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Ian reading the angle at which his opponent is bringing his leg down, deducts that he's trying to throw off his stance before dashing at him. He smirks at this before jumping into the air, swinging himself upside down briefly, using his momentum to land a quick and solid strike to your neck. He lands behind you on his feet with calculated and methodical efficiency as his clothes fluttered in the wind. His brain running several simulations on how you will move next based on your momentum, taking into account the variable of you using force magic like himself. He places himself back into his angular-ly optimal stance behind you, keeping himself ready to move at a moments notice.

Ian notes that his opponent's movements are fast for someone his size but not as fast as he was with force magic. However his control of force magic was shaky while he himself had a mildly finer control over his magic. He had often used it when in dangerous situations like when he was rock climbing with his brother… and other more promiscuous actions at parties. He was also appreciative that his new uniform was able to keep up with his movements without restraining him.
Osuka Osuka

~Liliana Bermudez~
Other people were finally coming in. Liliana's eyes connected with Venissa's and a mirroring smile spread across her own face as the girl practically rushed over in excitement. "Of course you can! Roomies gotta look out for each other after all." Patting the chair next to her, the brunette felt Them let go of her hand and retreat back into her shadow at the presence of another person so close. They had always hid from her parents, and she was starting to believe that They were shy around other people. It made sense since she had spent a lot of her time with Them locked in her room away from other people. Liliana kind of liked having Them all to herself, but she might have to get used to sharing Them with other people. Like Venissa. Sharing a room with a person again felt...nice. Simple things like footsteps in the background, hearing someone banging pots in the kitchen, the shower running, and other signs of life were comforting to have. It was disorienting at times too though; Venissa's footsteps were too light, her bed was immaculate with rich blue sheets instead of a haphazard mess of faded red covers, dresses instead of those dumb fucking hoodies he loved so much.

One of the same hoodies she was wearing now.

Clearing her throat, Liliana watched some other students come in. Venissa was different from what she was used to, sure, but she was a sweet girl and the brunette genuinely liked her. It felt odd making friends and going to school after spending so long in her room, but Venissa felt like a safe person to start with. Besides, we'll be spending a lot of time with each other! It'd be awkward to not hang out when we live with each other. Unfolding her schedule, Liliana offered it to Venissa to look at. "I applied to be in the Scientificus class for the Magister program." Giving the other girl a grimace she continued, "I didn't know if I'd get what I wanted. I'm used to my school. We live in a small town so not everyone can get into the classes they want. Magi Collegium is obviously a lot bigger but I was still nervous since it's a pretty popular school." Liliana paused before brightening up in realization. "Oh! But we're also in the same Caster Type! That means we'll be in the same class for that too!" It was a relief. The brunette liked to think that she was friendly enough, but dealing with classes full of strangers all day was emotionally draining. Having a familiar face around to talk to was going to be like a breath of fresh air. "So, which program did you apply for?" Please be Magister!

Deathkitten Deathkitten Blackrose7 Blackrose7 Peckinou Peckinou

1566770659463.png~ Ms. Sylvia ~
Mon, the 2nd of October, Year 500
10:00 - Scientificus Classroom on Magum Spiritus Island
Sylvia watched as students started to come in one after another. There were quite a few, but it'd probably take a while for everyone to find the classroom. After all, this was a huuuuge campus, and not everybody knew it like she did. Just from the looks she was getting, she could tell a good few of them didn't know she was the teacher. Not a big surprise... though that was gonna be annoyingggg. At the moment, she felt like she may as well get things rolling. Anyone else would join in as they found the class.

She cleared her throat and planted both hands loudly onto the desk. "Goodmorning!" she exclaimed, her little voice bright as chimes, "I'm Ms. Sylvia. I'm your Scientificus teacher! It's nice to meet all of you. Here, we're gonna learn about science and its applications. This is a broad field, from biology to physics, we'll touch on a lot. There'll be math, excursions to look at subjects, and experiments that we can have some fun with. Don't feel daunted by the idea, it'll be lots of fun!"

"Now then. I don't know you guys and you guys don't know me, so let's start with some introductions. Just follow my lead. Introduce yourself, where you're from, what your interests are, what magic you do, and why you came to this school."

She cleared her throat again and started, "I'm Sylvia Dhin Caysin. I'm 27, a Magum Spiritus caster, and a bit of a nut about learning. I've gone through every class this school has to offer except for Dissimulatrix, of course, and the Ultima training. At eight I was cursed by an Ultima gone rogue, and that's why I look like this. In my home country of the New Holy Roman Empire, that didn't go over so well... I enrolled at the school as soon as I was old enough, at 12, and stayed here ever since. I'm still searching for new experiences and new possibilities. One of my goals is to figure out how to reverse this curse."

"Next? Whoever wants to can go."

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Blackrose7 Blackrose7 Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka Peckinou Peckinou

Rever Echni
closed__male_demon_adopt_by_nyastyle_dbq6fmv-fullview.jpg

Rever had just finished changing into his uniform. Quite basic.... But it was a must. As he prepared to walk out his roommate walked in. She was a nice girl though a bit shy, nonetheless she was very kind to even his golem for that she had his respect. "Ah hello. Yes, I had come to pick up my uniform and grab a quick snack." He replied with a smile as he walked out of his room with a over extravagant gait. " I'll handle dinner tonight if you don't mind, me and my maids dishes are ..... divine so to say. I am your roommate and plan to act accordingly despite my status of a god. Making a lady do all the work never sits right with me..... I probably sound a bit hypocritical considering Natasha is currently making a snack. " he told her as Natasha walked out to the kitchen holding two plates with a sandwich on each. Gently setting them down on the table she gave a bow to Rever. "Ah, thank you. return " he told her his eyes glowing again as Natasha went stiff and shrunk down to the size of a figurine again. He took one of the sandwiches and gave a wave. Grabbing his box which he left by the door. " I will be going now. Tata" he opened the door and was gone. Leaving Nayr alone with one sandwhich still on the plate.

Rever began making his way to class " Hmmm I'll have to ask If I'd be able to order large amounts of stone. After all I can't really practice magic if I don't have more golem. " he wondered to himself allowed before he stepped into his class. "Rever Echni has graced your presence my dear classmates. Prepare for a divine year due to yours truly. " he proudly announced making his horns glow. Afterwords he went to the front of the class choosing a seat setting his large box in the chair next to him and leaned back waiting for class to start.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

~María de los Ángeles~​

María blinked in surprise at the girl that turned out to be their teacher. Honestly, she should've been expecting it. Augurium attracts the best of the best, from child prodigies to skilled veterans. That, and they're the only country with Ultimas. Sparring was a great suggestion though. It gave her a chance to not only study the teacher's abilities but the students' abilities as well. The brunette had only taken a single step forward in order to accept the challenge when a dark haired student spoke up. Timurovich. The name was more than familiar to María; her family had expected her to memorize important figures and families from every country. They were a prominent family in Terra Occidens, although it wasn't shocking to see one of them here. They were basically a family of mercenaries and were known to travel for different jobs. But, if he's here does that mean he plans on staying at Terra Augurium? That'd be...less than ideal for any future conflicts. It was a good thing that he was in her class! It was an excellent chance to study him and his fighting style. The brunette eagerly stepped back in anticipation for the fight, but of course that's when some other meat head had to step in and challenge the Timurovich boy for the right to spar with the teacher first.

María clicked her tongue in irritation. Qué pesado! Doesn't this guy have anything better to do than fight over nothing? Then again, this was just as good of an opportunity to see what her classmates were made of. Her eyes glanced over to the teacher as she felt the corners of her mouth tug down in disappointment. She had wanted to see what her abilities were like. Although she was obviously someone skilled if she was their teacher, María didn't recognize her. She must be an Ultima. Augurium was always good at keeping information on their Ultimas away from the general public. It wouldn't do to flaunt their most powerful warriors' strengths, weaknesses, and identities for everyone, including their enemies, to know. Letting her eyes snap back over to the students as the Timurovich boy burst into action, the brunette decided to content herself with watched them for now.

Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon EldridSmith EldridSmith Osuka Osuka L Libero Peckinou Peckinou darkborn darkborn SomebodyElse SomebodyElse

• zMqlkIa.jpg
    Luna Ignatius
    Mentions
    : EldridSmith EldridSmith
    As it turned out, the figure was exactly who she thought it was. It was her roommate, Ian. She remembered the scene of him walking into her room while changing which made her gag. She wanted to burn that memory out of her head but she couldn't no matter what she did. Luna didn't even bother listening to what Ian had to say and ignored him. She opened the door to her dorm and then proceeded to enter her room while locking the door shut behind her. Luna didn't bother changing and lied down on her bed looking at the ceiling. She wondered who her teachers were and how her classes would be. During all that thinking, Luna didn't realize how tired she was and slowly drifted to sleep.

Ceridian

Ceri quickly sat up when she heard the door open. Heck Yeah! Her roommate was back. Okay okay okay... gotta stay calm. She's opening the door! Upon Kira opening the door... Ceri was immensely dissapointed. " Tch. Just the damn brother " she thought holding back her distaste. "Ohhh hey Arik... where's your sister? I-is she not here?" Come on why was he even in the room?! Sighing she just grabbed her uniform and began walking out. Now in a much worse mood then she began. "I..... I'll just go" she said before leaving and heading to another one of her hiding spots. After changing back to Arachne and putting her uniform on she began heading to class. Picking up a few spiders along the way. She saw a wasps nest and shrugged "hmm guess it's recently formed... id say only a week old. Hmm I'll have to remember it. Could come in handy. " she stuck her hand out bringing three wasps with her. She didn't know if there was combat required. But usually wasps were best for fighting. " Time for class I suppose.... "

entering class what she saw didn't surprise her. " first day and sparring already....." she simply informed the fighting and sat down in the grass. Playing with her spiders as the wasps circled her head. She was mainly in this class because her skills are well suited for killing. I mean. Bugs are everywhere. It be no surprise for someone to die by a bite in the night. And with her having an uncanny understanding for what bugs tried to tell her. She could easily get information. Well, understanding, but also putting cameras on their backs works as well. Either way. She had already planned since before she got here. No one would harm her. She would not allow herself to fall down to how she was before she ran away. And to be untouchable she needed info. Lots, and thus. Arachne was born. She even asked teachers to call her that inside classes. She was prepared.

Deathkitten Deathkitten Peckinou Peckinou

Ivan Timurovich

Interrupt: ("swinging himself upside down briefly, using his momentum to land a quick and solid strike to your neck. He lands behind you on his feet with calculated and methodical efficiency as his clothes fluttered in the wind..."etc.")

Well, that worked better than he thought. Considering the man was on the move, Ivan had no reason to rush forward, and therefore couldn't carry out with his plan to trip his opponent. Instead, Ivan would wait until there was no more than a foot between himself and his opponent's sword, then move into action. The movement to avoid the strike carried out by his opponent would be easy enough. Taking into consideration the angle at which his opponent had placed themselves in - which was upside down and attempting to get behind him, Ivan would only need to let one knee sink, and then with a practiced blur of action, draw his Arcane Focus. He wouldn't have to be precise or disciplined with his shot considering the point-blank range he would be using the firearm-reminiscent focus, but made sure he wouldn't miss. Having still enough time to turn and press the arcane sidearm forward, Ivan would move as if he were to strike the man in the chest with the nose of the weapon, but instead, seeing as the man was in the air and didn't have enough room to react, would likely succeed in this endeavor. Still, if the opponent was able to somehow propel themselves, he would continue with his attack.

Instead of a strike with the weapon, Ivan would quickly charge a percentage of his mana into the focus and then fire, the result being a fist-sized bolt of pure Hardlight moving at three-hundred feet-per-second, with less than a foot to spare between his gun and the man's chest. If the blast were to connect, Ian would be sent flinging away, the hardlight bolt shattering against his chest, causing a moderate amount of pain and likely knocking the wind from him.

Now with his weapon drawn, Ivan considered them on even terms as far as tier of aggression and would level his arcane focus with as much practice as a soldier with their gun. There was no banter. There was no hint of condescending pompousness behind Ivan. Instead, there was only focus. To underestimate an opponent and become cocky just meant that you would get your brains stomped out of your skull with how he and his family trained. After all, he chose the main job of his Branch Family: Security and Peacekeeping, which also meant, from time to time, PMC work. In those scenarios, it was better to keep your mouth shut and do your job than to make a show of it.

If there was a man who was almost a god with guns while looking snazzy in a three-piece suit in a movie that revolved said man's dog being kidnapped, though, he hoped he made that man proud for even a half of a second.

(Couldn't help but make the Wick reference. xD)

EldridSmith EldridSmith

Nyara Innistra

Watching the two students battle unfolding before her made her somewhat... Nervous. One had a bludgeoning tool shaped like a sword, and the other had a freaking gun that shot Hardlight. All she had at the moment was her connection to her mother's Spirit, and though she found out that her mother was quite the capable fighter and practitioner, Nyara was..... Not, to say the least. Sure, she was a really fair shot with a bow, but she hadn't learned to fight with her bare hands. The two she was watching now, if she fought either of them, they might accidentally kill her. Hell, the swordsman went straight for the neck and the Timurovich guy whipped out a gun from the looks of it. The feeling of suddenly not belonging washed over Nyara like a wave of sickness, though to be fair, she didn't curl up or anything that would indicate she wished to regurgitate, but it was there strong enough to make it a very difficult problem to pull herself away from.

Having taken the long way around the two combatants, Nyara decided that she should probably save herself the embarrassment later on and come clean to her professor. To be sure, it took more than a minute to do so, and when she finally approached the instructor, Nyara started to lose the color in her face. What if the woman wanted to know just how bad she was at such a thing? What if she would make her an example, or make fun of her in front of the others?

"M-Ma'am...?" She started, her head tilted so that she was looking away from the woman. "I know uh... that I signed up to be part of the Pugnator class, but um..."

She swallowed hard...

"I don't know how to fight..." she stated, her voice almost entirely inaudible.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Upon seeing Ivan pull out a gun all his streams of thought dissipated and he focused on two things, making a portal, and what to do after. Being in the air with force magic wasn't a disadvantage for him as he could maneuver and use his magic to propel himself, however dealing with a gun… that's something different entirely. Ian instantly threw up a portal in front of the gun before and opening the other end in a random location where it required the least energy to maintain.The shot landing in the dirt behind Ivan's shadow, showering the nearby spectators in dirt. He then pushed off his own magic dashing straight at Ivan from his position in the air and bringing his spare hand down on the gun after it fired while following up with a strike to Ivan's neck where he leaves his blade on Ivan's throat.

"Checkmate." Ian declares in a confident tone as he stares you down with a wide grin and a fiery passion in his eyes. Lowering his blade once Ivan gave up all signs of resistance before saying "That was fun big guy, I'm Ian." He says stretching out his hand for a handshake.

Osuka Osuka

Last edited:
Tori was unimpressed. It seemed that it only was predictable that the people who wanted to showoff first were the males.
She had much preferred that things would just get started. Still she was a little jealous of Ivan's guns. Hers had been confiscated.
It seemed like they were still waiting on people. She hoped she wouldn't be chosen to fight. She tried to blend in.
She thought they were here to learn to become spies. This wasn't exactly what she had in mind.
But the fight between the two boys meant that the winner would fight their instructor. So Ian would spar against the instructor?
She hoped that the instructor would absolutely body him. She kept her eyes on him for a moment before turning to look at their instructor.

"So will we be just fighting today?" Tori asked the woman.
She didn't really feel like revealing her own tactics yet. It would sooner remove any potential mystery about her abilities.
She didn't even think she had any reason to fight other students either. Why was this important?

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Ivan Timurovich

The kid had reflexes for days, which wasn't something Ivan was about to argue, but even then, it seemed like there was still an out. Being positioned the way he was, there wasn't any way he was going to get out of taking the full brunt of the strike being sent towards him, but he could mitigate what was coming after him. Considering his gun hand was grappled, Ivan had one of two things he could do: either break the hold and place distance between himself and his opponent, or, with the spare amount of time he had, he could move in. More often than not, being in such a range, the best thing to do was to move in, and he wasn't about to pass up on the opportunity.

With Ivan's firing hand grappled, he had no choice but to drop the focus, which was fine. They were in Melee territory, and he wasn't about to try anything stupid like GunFu, since it wasn't applicable. Instead, using the opportunity, Ivan would step forward into the strike being delivered by the wooden sword. This, at the least, would mitigate the centrifugal force of the tip of the weapon, which was surely what he was aiming to strike with to maximize damage, and instead of something that would incapacitate him, the blow would be highly irritating. It also left his opponent without options considering both of his opponent's hands were now occupied, with his legs out of the question, and Ivan still had not only a free hand, but leverage. Reversing his opponent's grip was simple enough. Every style of combat had something that would get a person out of a basic wrist lock, whether it was Judo, Jujitsu, wrestling, Krav Maga - whatever it was, it had the same thing: Twist one's wrist towards the weakest part of your opponent's hand - the thumb, and from there simply grab hold. Having done this, Ivan could begin his counterattack.

With a quick jerking motion as he felt the pressure of the wooden blade against his neck slam into him, Ivan would use the force that was being pressed upon him and carry it past him and downward. Staying down on one knee, Ivan's body twisted to his right (Ian's left), and with a pull not only from his right, but his left as well as it snagged onto Ian's collar, he would throw the man towards the ground. From his experience, with such past exchanges in this bout having come around, Ian wasn't likely to be able to reverse the momentum he had just created using his Force magick, and once Ian would contact the ground, Ivan's hand, which would be on Ian's collar still, would erupt in light magick, likely blinding the man temporarily in the process before three-inch claws would be revealed upon his fingertips. In a real-life scenario, it would have likely been a draw, as it would take sixty seconds for Ivan to bleed out from a real blade's strike since there wouldn't have been enough force to cleave his head off, while simultaneously, if it was a deathmatch, he could easily rip his opponent's throat out. Still, he wasn't so harsh as to place pressure on the man's supple flesh, and instead patted him on the chest with a wince and a smile.

"Name is Ivan, Friend," he said with a bit of a laugh in his voice. "Think this might be draw, but I look forward to rematch someday. Should have been more rough with you, I think."

EldridSmith EldridSmith

1566879324095.png~ Ms. Seryva ~
10:05 - The Ring, Pugnator Class
A scared girl told her she didn't know how to fight. Seryva chuckled, "That's perfectly fine. Most people don't. That's why you're here. You wanna learn... and you can call me Seryva, by the way. No need for ma'aming me up."

Aaand, someone was already asking why she was choosing to do what she was. She glanced at the second girl. At least she had noticed she was actually the teacher. Seryva shrugged in response to the girl's question, "Not sure yet. That's not my plan, but I think that something like this is a nice icebreaker. It gets your blood pumping, strips away all of the bullshit that causes you to doubt yourself and lets others get a glimpse of your real self. Plus I want to see who acts like what."

The two kids were done fighting by the time she answered the one girl, so she stood up, stretching and cracking her hands above her head. They were actually pretty good scrappers, but they did seem to be so very serious until the very end of the fight. Awkward. Overconfident.

"Right. This is gonna take too long if this is how we're doing it. New idea. One on... however many of you there are. I'm not counting... partially because half of the class is probably lost or missing out on the first day for other reasons. So. Come at me. Whoever touches me first gets... uh... dinner on me? Or I'll buy you something from the trade island. Your choice - assuming any of you can get me. I want to start this class with a bit of fun. No need to start off with some stuffy ass lecture. Fights come to you, you're never prepared for them."

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon EldridSmith EldridSmith Peckinou Peckinou L Libero Kyrenka Kyrenka SomebodyElse SomebodyElse Osuka Osuka darkborn darkborn

Auren Corve
10:05- The Ring, Pugnator Class

Auren couldn't help but tilt his head down a bit and tweak his lips up a tiny bit, before they reset in their automatic position. First one to touch her, huh.... Well, Auren had a few tricks up his sleeve. He eyed the students surrounding him. He needed to choose the right person, at the right time. He looked at one of the guys that dueled, the one who didn't name himself. He was offensive- he could get him close to the teacher. But she may as well blow him away.... Well, he'd just have to dart from, well.... his hiding places. He'd need to do so while the teacher wasn't paying attention, else she'd get him. But Auren knew that if he got this reward, it'd be a boon for him. A big one.

He had spent the weeks on the trip to the school and waiting for school to start trying out his magic and practicing with them. He had improved, markedly; he wasn't by far skilled in it in any stretch, but it might be enough to do the trick. As he waited for the other students to get ready, he couldn't help but formulate plans in his head, systematically choosing one and discarding or keeping it based on the pros and cons. He could go with the others and help come up with a plan... but they wouldn't listen to him. Those two had shown as such already... Mm. Maybe he would if they started planning by themselves, and nudge them in the right direction. His eyes flicked from the shy girl who didn't want to fight, to the perpetually seething girl who glared at him when she first entered, to the duelist with the gun, Ivan or something, to the air user, to the bored looking girl who asked the question of what they were doing- while simultaneously looking at jealousy at Ivan's guns- based on that, she must want or have such implements herself, or had them, anyways- returning to original train of thought, To the girl that was late, to... well he got the point. No one was left behind.

Huh. No one left behind... A nice sentiment indeed.

1566858895669.png Arik Kawin
Deathkitten Deathkitten Blackrose7 Blackrose7 Kyrenka Kyrenka
Arik watched as his teacher Ms.Sylvia started introducing herself and decided to take it upon herself to make the class introduce themselves as well he began to wonder if all public schools did something like this but if the teacher was making them acquaint themselves with each other they would have no choice. Arik thought about lying for his introduction on one hand it would keep him playing the role as his sister on the other hand though the teacher may decide to address him that all year which will be very annoying to say the least.
It took a moment of contemplation though before he decided that lying would be more fun so he got up from his seat and gave a slight mocking bow before giving his introduction, "Hello, My name is Kira Kawin, Im from The Republic Of North America, my main interests are not doing introductions, but that cant be helped now can it? I am a Duplex that uses Magum Sprirtus and Mago Tenebris, i came to this school cause my lovely family thought i should receive the best education one could hope for. or they just wanted me gone, who knows." The last part was a added with his signature fake smile that he gives to people he hates. He smile vanished as it was soon placed with a proud smirk as he began to sit back down in his chair watching the class more specifically the teacher for their reaction.
Kira Kawin
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Deathkitten Deathkitten darkborn darkborn L Libero SomebodyElse SomebodyElse Osuka Osuka EldridSmith EldridSmith
Kira looked at her roommate as she cheerily went to her only to pause and became much more solemn upon seeing her looking like her brother and she then proceeded to leave more quickly than expected. She took note of how she and her brother both took note of how she was more cheerful when they were dressed as her and how she wasn't as such when dressed as Arik. She found it quite fascinating that she apparently liked her more but took no more time dwelling on it as she began to put her Yellow uniform on as she then went back to pick up her schedule. She then began to head over to her Pugnator class only to find that their teacher was apparently wanting all of them to face her in a fight. Oh great, first day of school and the teacher already wants to kick all of our butts for the fun of it. Flash backs of her trainer doing the same thing came into her mind as she shuddered. She learned not to be as brash and stupid ever since then and now her tactics involved waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike.
She sighed as she put her schedule in her pocket and circled around the teacher being sure to keep her distance from them so that she would be able to have enough time to react to any attack that she plans to do. She decided the best course of action would be to wait for one of the other students to distract her and wait for a perfect opportunity before going in for the kill. She spent all her time practicing her magic while she was here and all the private trainers and tutors should pay off. She wasn't going to go down easy that was for sure and if she did go down she would at least want to drag the teacher down with her, winning was always something that both her and her brother cherished and they always will learn from their mistakes.

Last edited:
Dear, Henry

The speech wasn’t boring at all. The principal was obviously a skilled orator and Henry didn’t mind that he was being, somewhat softly, forced to listen. Well, forced to be here. No one could force his ears to pick up the sounds, or his brain to translate them, glean their meanings, in his head. But he did it any way.

He wasn’t overly ecstatic to be starting his studies. Which wasn’t to say he was in any way put off by the idea. He was, decidedly, neutral. Henry had a few personal projects he was excited by, and it was mostly for them - and to please his parents, even though they were almost perpetually pleased with them - that he was here.

With the speech done, it was time for class. Henry arrived in short order - he’d been at the school for a little while before classes had begun, and he’d used that time to get the lay of the land. He entered the classroom. His eyes found the Professor - at least, he thought this man was the professor, based on the fact that he was at the front of the classroom and appeared to be nuzzling a draconian-looking familiar the size of a tabby cat - something he doubted a fellow student would have his hands on this early in the game.

There was something... odd, Henry decided, about him. Which wasn’t by any stretch meant to be an insult; in his mind, odd was a perfectly fine thing to be. To some, Henry was certain that he appeared quite odd at times, with his obscure interests and things. But, no. Perhaps odd was not the right word. Henry decided that the word he was looking for was young.

“Hello. I’m here for Artificem class. Is this the right room?” He asked, even though he knew it was. He spoke, as if he thought any moment the floor might fall out from beneath him and he’d land on the Senate floor.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
"I'm Ian, and while that was fun I must admit I didn't use any force magic when I struck for your neck, if this was really combat you would have lost your head my friend." Ian declares as he takes Ivan's hand, shaking it before his sheathed his sword. However upon hearing the teachers declaration Ian reached his hand into his pocket making a portal before making the other end directly under the teacher's shoe, trying to surprise her and get that date. Ian wasn't going to put all his eggs in one basket, especially considering how Luna treated him earlier. Aside from that he did think the teacher was pretty and definitely worth a shot, she didn't even look that much older than them, even if he failed there were plenty of other fish in the sea. Ian kept acting completely natural as if he wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary, having taken up similar bets in the past he was really good at getting x item or touching them in y spot when challenges were issued in bars and the like when his brother was around.
"So you already have one of those focus'? How'd you get it? I looked everywhere to buy one that would work for me but I couldn't find anything good." Ian says in inquiry about Ivan's gun as he reaches down and grabs it, holding it out for Ivan to take back.

Osuka Osuka Deathkitten Deathkitten

~María de los Ángeles~
Everyone against the teacher? It was definitely unexpected, but the teacher didn't seem like the arrogant type. She's definitely prepared for all of us to attack her. María was at a disadvantage here. Sure, she knew how to fight, but she hadn't brought her weapons with her and she had very limited mastery of her powers. The most she could do at this point was make herself glow like a human flashlight. Wait. Mischief gleamed in her eye as the idea came into her head. She hadn't tested it since magic tended to unsettle her people, but when she had glowed for the first time it had hurt the eyes of the people around her. If the brunette used her ability to shine brightly enough, she could blind the teacher and her competition and use the opportunity to tag the teacher. Eyeing the girl that was now circling the teacher with caution, María prepared herself. Focus....focus... Taking a deep breath in, she fell into deeper stance before letting her magic burst out. If anyone was looking directly at her and hadn't shielded their eyes, they'd be temporarily blinded by how bright she was. Dashing forward, María stretched out a hand in an attempt to tap the teacher. As long as she doesn't move, I have her!

Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon EldridSmith EldridSmith Peckinou Peckinou L Libero Kyrenka Kyrenka SomebodyElse SomebodyElse Osuka Osuka darkborn darkborn

Ivan Timurovich

It was good the man didn't take the spar to heart too much. To be honest, it was a bit of a relief for Ivan that he was even amicable about the exchange. With an almost effortless heave, Ivan would help Ian back to his feet with enough strength to even let the man bounce lightly before settling, then pat his back.

"This is true," he said with a nod. "Timurovich fight selflessly. Self-Preservation is second. I treated you like villain instead of like partner, so possibility of death was already accepted."

With a nod of appreciation, Ivan took the focus back and shifted the barrel to an open position without charging it to show the inner workings. Within the "barrel" of sorts were neatly placed crystals that appeared as if teeth biting down upon metal. For now, there was no distinct color to the crystals, and instead were somewhat translucent to show different patterns that decorated the inside. The metal of the focus was a uniform matte black with "Cryptech" etched into the side above the trigger guard, the metal even somewhat rough as if coarse sandpaper was taken to the surface to ensure there was no shine to it. It was a special request, since it would be less than ideal to have a shiny metal gun in a dark room. It would only give away someone's position if it had a shine to it.

The grip of the focus, however, was a more ornate wooden plating with the Timurovich crest carefully hand-carved into its face on either side. When he was asked where he got the focus, Ivan raised a brow and looked down at his fellow student to respond.

"Rarely," he started. "Arcane Focuses are bought for purposes of casting long range, since some cannot, but military and police both also buy as well. Cryptech make good quality - second to none, but sacrifice interchangeable parts for durability and strength of magick. Stop by my dorm later - will show you other products. There are many for Melee as well, which I think may suit best for you."

Nyara Innistra

It was nice to hear the teacher say that it was acceptable she didn't really know how to fight as of yet, and Nyara felt herself breathe in a sigh of relief. The battle that took place between the two males was something she considered quite intense, and to find it to be a draw was definitely an interesting outcome. Still, she didn't have any time to become comfortable. When Seryva had announced that all of the students were to come after her all at once, Nyara wasn't really paying attention until she had seen a few of them suddenly move.

To say that Nyara had a strong sense of constitution would have been a flat-out lie and it was laughable to say the absolute least. Of course, since she didn't know what was going on, she had absolutely no idea the objective that was in hand, and therefore thought it was about to become a free-for-all in which they eliminate the weakest first. After all, though the teacher seemed nice, she wasn't going to expect them all to be. With a sudden squeak of fear, Nyara was darting for the closest bit of cover, and since Seryva was the closest, that was her aim.

Nyara's movement would be quick, given there was no more than five feet between the two of them, with her hands darting out to grab the closest piece of fabric the woman was wearing while attempting to position herself behind the new instructor. Sure, it made her look like a coward, but of course, this was a class full of people who likely had past combat experience of some sort as well as training while she had next to zero. She would take being a coward for now, even though she wasn't thinking of such a thing at the moment, as her desperate attempt to snag ahold of and dive behind her teacher was her only plan.

EldridSmith EldridSmith
Deathkitten Deathkitten

1566978758916.png~ Mr. Damon ~
10:00 - Artificem Class, Vene Aere Island
One could never give too much love to their familiar, he thought as he nuzzled his little dragon's nose. Their cuteness seemed otherwise impossible and never failed to bring a smile to his face. There were still a few missing, but he felt as though now was a good a time as any to start. The others would trickle in as they found the classroom.

He stood up and cleared his throat, having fully ignored the first, heavily mutated boy that felt the need to "grace their presence". Damon looked at the boy that had just asked him a question and smiled sweetly, "Ah. Yes, this is the Artificem classroom... at least, this one. There are at least a dozen others going on, probably more."

His attention turned to the classroom then, his little white dragon hopping down to the floor, "A pleasure to meet all of you. I will be your teacher for the foreseeable future. My name is Damon Verit. Mr. Damon if you're feeling particularly fancy. I am 34 years of age, but due to heavy radiation from magical sources, I no longer age. I am also the only double Ultima the school has ever produced. I am both the teacher for this Artificem class, as well as for the Vene Aere class later today, so there is a chance some of you may see me again. I want to start by saying that I am honored to be your teacher. I am honored to start on this journey with you, and I am so excited to see you grow. At times, it may not be comfortable... but it will be fruitful."

"The Artificem class focuses on the more personal uses for magic. This could be something as complex as trying to get to space or something as simple as selling goods... not that that's actually easy, but I digress... If it's personal use, we will try to cover it. The most common is, of course, the mercantile arts! Opening a shop is one of the most fulfilling things that someone can do," he chuckled as he watched his little dragon wander over to Rever and basically force its way onto his lap, "Oh, and let it be known now... I don't care where you came from. You could have come from the Great Pyramids of Egypt or from one of the worst back-alleys in Terra Austri. Here, you are the same. No one is of a higher or lower caste than the next."

"To start this class off! I want to explain the illusive foci. Some of you may already have something you use as a focus. This could be a knife, a gun, a stick, a briefcase. Anything that you use to assist yourself with using magic. Some see foci as a crutch, but they can be a powerful tool, even for the Ultima," he turned, facing the board as he drew out a mana wyrm, "For instance, the typical tool of a Vitae user would be a floating Mana Wyrm. I recall glancing over your student sheets and seeing that one of you is such a user. For me, it happens to be a fan."

Damon flicked his hand, a large white and purple fan practically appearing with how fast it swooshed into place. He shook it open, two long tails of purple silk tickling the floor. It looked as though it was made of sturdy but undefined materials, and was as large as most of his torso. "This is my tool. As a Vene Aere user, it's unsurprising that its form is that of a fan. Some people move on from such simple foci and gain something that means more to them personally. I never did."

"Regardless of what path you choose to take in life, your focus will be important to you. It will aid you, even if you're just trying to get an item from the top shelf... or on the flip side if you're trying to explore some ancient ruin. Nothing is too complex or too mundane, as long as you work at it. Now then! Each of you, starting with mister grace our presence, introduce yourselves. Name. Age. Caster type. Why you're here. Then, if you have a question about tools or anything pertinent, ask it."

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Elenion Aura Elenion Aura L Libero

• klnIv6m.jpg
    Zale Casimir
    Interactions: Mr. Damon
    Mentions: Deathkitten Deathkitten

~~~

Zale couldn't resist the temptation to fall asleep. The Vene Aquas Island gave off a warm and soft atmosphere that was perfect for a nap. To top it off, the beautiful scenery was soothing and relaxing with the sounds of water drops and water currents. Zale knew he had class to attend and he should start making his way to it but that thought just floated over his head after being in the Vene Aquas Island. With Zale's eyes struggling to stay open he mumbled to himself quietly 'I...I'll wake up...before class...just let me....take a nap...', and with that, Zale peacefully fell asleep on a bench.

Zale was on an open sea and swimming to his hearts content. He would dive down under the water and see all kinds of fish and sea creatures. It was a great sight. Everywhere he turned, a new creature would appear in front of him. It was as if Zale had total freedom. Zale continued to swim until he saw a strange looking creature...or item approaching his way. He couldn't tell what it was, it had an unfamiliar shape and size. Wanting to know what it was, Zale decided to stand still and wait for it to come closer. He assumed it was an animal he'd never seen before. However, it wasn't. The thing that he saw kept on approaching him and gradually came faster and faster. Zale realized this and tried to swim away but no matter where he went, it was as the thing was following him. The thing was just a few meters away and knowing that he couldn't do anything, he put his arms in front of his head. 2 meters, 1 meter, it was only a a few centimeters away before it would --

THONK

Zale woke up only to see himself staring straight at the floor. Confused and dazed, he quickly got up and looked around to see where the item was. All he saw however was the Vene Aquas Island and the bench that he remembered sleeping on. During his dream, Zale was squirming and moving around and eventually fell off the bench causing him to smack face first into the ground. He scratched his nose, the body part that hurt the most after his fall. "It's not broken or bleeding, that's good", he said to himself with a relieved expression. After taking a few minutes to brush the dirt off himself, he was finally back to normal and regained all his senses. Following that, he finally realized that he had a class to attend. "I have class!! It's the first day and I'm already late...oh no, oh no", Zale began saying to himself. "Alright, alright, if I run, I think I'll still be able to make it'. While making sure he had all his belongings, he made a run to his Artificiem class.

Luckily for Zale, he had took a quick mental note of where his class was when he was wandering around. He remembered where to go and ran to his class as fast as he could without stopping. He finally reached the Vene Aere Island and could see the class door in sight. He continued running and opened the door loudly. Zale was too late. It seems as the class had already started as all the students in the class were staring at him. So was the teacher. Zale looked around the room with a worried face, a bright red nose from his fall and messy brown hair from all the running. While trying to catch his breath, he bowed down to the teacher and said, "I'm so sorry for being late on the first day! I got distracted and lost track of time! Please forgive me, I'll take any form of punishment!". Zale closed his eyes and waited for what his teacher was going to say next. The anticipation was getting to him and he started thinking in his head, 'Am I going to get kicked out already?? What a horrible first impression, the teacher's going to hate me now and I'll be shunned from the other students!"

Rever Echni
Artificiem class.

closed__male_demon_adopt_by_nyastyle_dbq6fmv-fullview.jpg
Rever hesitantly petted the dragon upon his lap as he listened to the teacher. A class of equals, wonderful. Rever could act Natural around fellow classmates. Even though equality was made throughout the class room Rever intended to act with the dignity of a noble. Upon learning he was the first to introduce himself he stood up placing the dragon onto his table. Giving a bow he looked to the teacher and class. "My name is Rever Echni of the Egyptian Theocracy. I am of the age eighteen years old and am a duplex caster of Earth and life. And although my enrollment in this school was accidental I intend to stay here to further my knowledge so I may rule my people better then before. And I do not know if it counts as a tool. But for my magic to work, a golem must be used as a catalyst. Example" Rever opened his box and reached inside pulling out another figure and setting it down. " As your creator and he who manipulates life. Arise as my scourge and sword. "

Stone-Knight.jpg
The figure on the ground slowly grew in size before what stood before Rever was a 6 foot tall stone knight with a broadsword by his hip and sheild adorned with Revers family symbol attached to his back."please take a seat." Rever asked it and with heavy steps it walked to the box closing it and setting it on the table sitting in the chair. "That will be all Teacher. I shall return to my seat now." Rever announced proudly as he flamboyabtly sat in his seat using over dramatic gestures as he did. The knight of stone next to him unmoving and silent.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

1567038103118.png~ Ms. Seryva ~
10:10 - The Ring, Pugnator Class
Poor things didn't stand a chance.

A small huff escaped her lips as they started to come for her. One girl to her side, the one that didn't know how to fight, simply tried to grab at her in fear. Poor dear. Another was clever. They were like a human lightbulb, blinding the "enemy". A good tactic. It wasn't subtle, but it would work pretty well on most people. Then there was another, a boy with his portals. Surprisingly adept for an Unum Forus.

Despite all their efforts, however, and the massive scramble, all they got in return was wet. Her form, which looked entirely too human two seconds ago, splashed into a puddle of non-existence. It had been a decoy from the beginning. The poor girl that tried to grab onto her for protection would have likely gotten soaked, the other girl who blinded some of her classmates would have probably gotten a good splash on her, and the boy who opened a portal into the ground would have gotten the worst of it in all likelihood. The majority of what was once her body would pour down through the hole, as gravity tends to do.

"Gotta do better than that!" she said, suddenly stepping through the teleporter behind the group, "Did you really think it would be that easy? Still, a good effort by all of y-"

She was promptly cut off by a loud tearing sound from outside the rings of the school, past the Sentinels. It sounded like a mixture of velcro and the unsheathing of cardboard from more cardboard. Her eyes flicked up to the source of the noise, "Don't worry students! The forcefield will take care of... whatever that is."

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon EldridSmith EldridSmith Peckinou Peckinou L Libero Kyrenka Kyrenka SomebodyElse SomebodyElse Osuka Osuka darkborn darkborn

The Crash
Just beyond the purview of the school, a great tearing sound took place, ripping open what looked to be a hole in the fabric of space itself. It was maddening to look at, too interesting to look away, but burning like the sun. In fact, the thing that came out of this hole was blazing near as bright. Like a meteorite coming into the atmosphere, the object flew through the hole and towards the school. It was fast, and it looked like whatever it was had arms and legs. Flailing arms and legs at that, but the creature was incapable of stopping its descent.

Only half a moment later, the flaming creature made contact.

The sound was akin to a bird hitting a car windshield. A massive p'donk ricochetted as the forcefield became visible in the area. The net of magic faded quickly enough, but the sound could be heard from one side of the school to the other. There was an awkward pause, where the clearly humanoid figure began to slide down the forcefield, squeaking like someone sliding their hand against a freshly cleaned glass pane. This squeaky pause was shortly brought to an end.

Magic that looked like a ring of purple rushed into the area, meeting the frame of this individual with force, at which point, with all the force he had hit the forcefield, he was ricochetted off into the air.

After a moment of freefall, those on The Ring could see the man get caught in a massive hardlight mitt and brought into one of the lower islands.

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon EldridSmith EldridSmith Osuka Osuka Peckinou Peckinou L Libero Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Kyrenka Kyrenka SomebodyElse SomebodyElse Blackrose7 Blackrose7 darkborn darkborn

Ivan Timurovich and Nyara Innistra

The ring

A few things happened fairly quickly. A surge of students rushed forward, a girl screamed and dove for cover, the sight of a portal came into view, a girl tried to blind everyone, and most everyone got wet. Thankfully, Ivan himself was out of the portal's splash zone, so he was able to keep his white shirt from becoming transparent and exposing his actual build.... And embarrassing him. There was nothing wrong with his body, to be certain, but he was a very conservative man when it came to appearances and he didn't want to seem as if he was putting on a show. So when the woman revealed herself, Ivan got an idea thanks to another Ex-Diem user...

But before he could put his plan into action, the sight of a portal opening had taken almost all of his attention. Whatever it was, it didn't look like it was going to have a fun time, and the sound that basically lambasted the entire campus, which was impressive to say the least, was concerning. With the display over, however, Ivan was moving to pick up his jacket and slip it back onto himself, but didn't button it.

It would require quick and dirty work, but if he could pull it off, this was going to be worth it. With a quick flick of his arm, the Arcane Focus he had holstered before was now in his hands, opened, and charged with an enormous amount of light magick that he had slammed into the artifact, but something went wrong. A brilliant flash of light that would engulf the next fifty feet was accompanied with a harsh cacophony of sound, and Ivan could be heard nearly screaming. When it was all said and done, Ivan was now curled face down and on his knees on the ground, the hand that once held his now shattered Focus tucked hard against him underneath the left side where his empty holster hung.

Nyara's face nearly went pale when she was exposed to the sight of the six-foot-eight Occidens in a shivering mess, and instantly was on the move. Soaked or not, sliding due to such a thing, Nyara tried to get the man (who just by touching him realized was a wall of muscle) to sit back up, but he wasn't budging.

"Professor?!" She yelled out. "Professor, he's hurt - I need your help to get him to sit up."

Thanks to her years in the mercantile business with her father, there were a few accidents that happened which taught her at least some basic first-aid, and wrapping injured parts of the body wasn't as difficult as people thought it was. Still, she didn't have much on her. She could feel the man start to rock as he shook and heaved, panting from the pain that she imagined had to be unbearable.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Users who are viewing this thread

Back