• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
1568001892311.png~ Ms. Sylvia ~
Mon, the 2nd of October, Year 500
10:10 - Scientificus Classroom on Magum Spiritus Island
Listening to people in the class slowly shuffle about and introduce themselves was grueling. It took so long and was so awkward. The poor Austri girl looked like she wanted the world to swallow her, and her desk neighbor wasn't doing much better. People, of course, kept coming in as they found the classroom, but some of them didn't have their uniform on... She sighed, waiting until the class was done with intros, and stood.

"Alrighty. First and foremost, for those of you who came in a bit late, I am Ms. Sylvia. I'm your Scientificus teacher. You all need to be wearing your uniform the next time you come in these doors. This is the first day, so I'll allow it, but you must wear it otherwise. If you do not, I'll have to send you to the office. We recognize that there are certain traditional or religious requirements, but these are taken into account. You may accessorize your uniform how you like, but you must wear it all the same."

"This class is for Scientificus, as you, I hope, have already gathered. I want to start this off by getting you all your tools. This is your first opportunity to get something like this and believe me, it'll be your friend. If we're going to use magic to help do science, we need you to be able to do it precisely. Some of you may already have delved into your magic, you know how to do some things with it. It's like a whole new world with a tool. Like a magic wand from legend, it's powerful... though not as powerful as an actual wand, of course," she said, trailing off at the end.

She brought up a big box from under her desk, setting it out in front of the students, "Here are the tools. Choose the one that fits your element. If you're a Duplex, then grab both of the ones that fit your elements and you'll try both and see which you like more." She opened the box, which then had a whole bunch of much smaller boxes in it, with a label of the element it belonged to on each.

“Tenbris, you get a paintbrush. Ignus, you get a Mana Lighter. Aquas, you get a Mana Flask. Terra, you get a Gemstone and Crystal Anklet. Aere, you get a Handheld Fan. Ex Diem, you have a Mana Flashlight. Mortis, you get a Small Bone Charm. Navitas, you get a pair of Tungsten-Crystal Alloy Rings. Spiritus, you get Crystal Glasses. Lastly, but certainly not least... Vitae. Vitae users have a rather unique tool. Theirs is a semi-alive mana creature. They do not think much. They do not feel much. It is a Flying Mana Wyrm, which looks somewhat like a glowing blue eel. Very very cute, but it is a massive responsibility. Every other caster type gets a tool that they can wear or hook to themselves. Vitae users have a tool that is somewhat alive and, unfortunately, often has people trying to steal it. With that in mind, the mana manifestation can be stored in a crystal egg that fits in the palm of your hand. You cannot use it in such a state, but hopefully it cuts down on the mana wyrms wandering off or getting stolen.”

“Like I said, they don’t really think... they’re kind of like a physical manifestation of mana. Your own mana. For Vitae users, the mana wants to take the shape of something living. The school made this into an eel-like creature for ease of use. But that’s why it’s so valuable to some thieves...,” she looked at the whole class, “A tool, regardless of what element you use, is a responsibility. There are people who want to take them. There are people who might try to buy them off you. This is highly illegal. If you encounter such a thing, report it. Get away from those sorts of people as quick as you can. We try to monitor such things and keep it at a minimum, but the trade islands are literal cities. It’s pretty hard to stop all crime altogether.”

“Now then!! Come up and grab your tool! Once you have it, sit back down, open the box, and look it over!”

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Blackrose7 Blackrose7 Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka Peckinou Peckinou EldridSmith EldridSmith

Last edited:
1568072312760.png~ Mr. Damon ~
10:15 - Artificem Class, Vene Aere Island
His first knuckle tucked into his lips as he watched the students finish introducing themselves. What was he going to talk about now? What to teach them?

"Ah..." he started, uncertainty tainting his voice, "Right. I suppose I should get on with things now, shouldn't I? You all should get your tool. Or tools. Each element has a tool assigned to it." Damon walked over to a closet nearby and rummaged around in it for a moment before producing a box. Inside this box was many other smaller boxes, each labeled with its own element.

"Each of you, come up and get a tool with the right label for you. Duplexes, you get one for each of your elements. Tenbris gets a paintbrush. Ignus gets a Mana Lighter. Aquas gets a Mana Flask. Terra gets a Gemstone and Crystal Anklet. Aere gets a Handheld Fan. Ex Diem gets a Mana Flashlight. Mortis gets a Small Bone Charm. Navitas gets a pair of Tungsten-Crystal Alloy Rings. Spiritus gets Crystal Glasses. Lastly, Vitae users get a rather unique tool. Theirs is a semi-alive mana creature. They do not think much. They do not feel much. It is a Flying Mana Wyrm, which looks somewhat like a glowing blue eel. Cute, but a massive responsibility. Every other caster type gets a tool that they can wear or hook to themselves. Vitae users have a tool that is somewhat alive and, unfortunately, often has people trying to steal it. With that in mind, the mana manifestation can be stored in a crystal egg that fits in the palm of your hand. You cannot use it in such a state, but hopefully it cuts down on the mana wyrms wandering off or getting stolen," he explained, much like he was reading from a script.

He waited for everyone to grab their box and sit back down.

"Take your tool out of your box and become aquainted with it. This will be your new best friend for the next year or so. For most people, this is the perfect beginner focus. If it doesn't fit well with you, make sure to tell me, another teacher, or heck, even the office. It's important that you keep other people informed so you can best learn," he said, pulling out his fan again, "My tool is very similar to the starter tool for Aere. A fan simply worked best with me. The starter tool is a bit blander, however. One thing people did when I was in school was put stickers on their tools to sort of personalize them. I was fond of attaching tassels, personally."

"You should be able to feel, when you grip your tool, the mana flowing through the object. It organizes it, makes it manageable and more easily manipulated. Before, perhaps you could only make either a spark or a bomb. Now, once trained with these tools, you'll be able to fine-tune your application," he said and flicked out his hand, the fan flipping forward. A breeze of air flew through the room, tapping each student on the shoulder like a bouncing ball of energy, smooth as glass, "So. Like I said, take a moment to become aquainted with it. Talk to someone near you, explore for a bit."

With that, he went quiet and watched the room.

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Elenion Aura Elenion Aura L Libero EldridSmith EldridSmith

1568079689675.png Kitchi turned to Miranda and said "This isn't a costume, this is normal clothing for my tribe, though my wife Chepi is wearing a summer outfit while I prefer our winter outfit." He says before the teacher speaks up. Wait that little girl is our teacher?! She looks like she's only 4 or 5!!! And Dang it I have to wear that uncomfortable looking clothing... well at least I can still wear my bear skin. He thought to himself as the teacher spoke. He had also picked up the little bit he said under her breath due to his keen hearing from all his time in the forest. He stands up and lumbers over to the desk and reaches for one of the eggs and inserts his mana into it, causing a bright blueish green mana wyrm erupts from it and rests on his shoulder. The creature was easy to channel his mana through, it felt quite similar to summoning he had done in the past to protect his village. He felt his mana easily pass through the creature and he summoned a few small birds with ease, surprising himself with how efficient the focus was. He turns to look around the classroom at what the others were doing while unsummoning the small birds.

Last edited:
Locoma
069.png
Hmm magic tools eh? Locoma observed each of the tools before seeing she would end up with a flask. Hmm it would fit right in with her medical bag. Giving a small sigh she stood up and walked over to the box of tools gently picking up the flask inspecting it. She had never really used magic tools before. Sure they had them in America but they weren't everywhere. She had seen a few before though. ".....A flask. I suppose we just carry water in it? " Locoma said aloud before screwing open the flask and turning it over. Only to fear her mana pour into the flask and water poured out on her face down her body. Quickly closing the flask and shoving it her pocket her eyes wide in shock. She quickly stepped walking over to her medical bag pulling a towel off trying to clean herself off. Getting most off She was left with a small shine to her face and exposed skin thanks to the water. Her hair now slightly wet as well. She hated being wet. Swimming and baths were one thing. But she could stand being in rain or splashed with water. Shed have to change clothes as soon as class ended. She would have changed now but had a feeling the teacher wouldn't appreciate her changing clothes in class.

"I suppose we should sit with others instead of ourselves? Schools like to do that." She mumbled to herself looking around before noticing a man around her age sitting alone. He had gotten his magic tool already. "No time like the present." Locoma thought to herself before walking over to him and bending down to be face to face height with him in his chair. "Do you mind if so sit next to you? I assume the teacher may want students to not sit alone." She told him with a small tilt of her head. The man seemed nice enough, perhaps he'd end up as a study partner with her. Nevertheless Locoma would not admit she chose this table because he looked one of the least troublesome people in the class.

( EldridSmith EldridSmith )

Last edited:
1567463295966.png Thomas having already acquired a focus which were his goggles quickly got up and grabbed his gemstone and crystal anklet. He put them on and pulled out a bunch of scrap pieces and began tinkering with renewed vigor as his mana flowed through the metal even better than before. He was in the middle of putting together a spring mechanism where a lovely voice spike up next to him. He turned to see Locoma in her wet and skimpy glory causing his hand to slip. A metal gear shot past his face and into the wall, leaving a cut on his cheek. "G-Go ahead." He said, not even noticing the cut as he looked at her with an open mouth. "I-Im thomas." He says as he wipes off the grease from his hands. He then notices the throbbing pain and the blood dripping down his cheek and scrambles to wipe it off.
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Locoma
Locoma gasped as the gear flew past Thomas face. As she was the blood and Thomas going to try and wipe it off She grabbed him by the wrist and sat in the chair next to him. Quickly she opened the medical bag pulling out a pair of forceps. Cotton balls, bandaids and a brown plastic bottle of medical alcohol. Dabbing the cotton ball in the alcohol and holding it with the forceps she used her other hand to gently hold Thomas head still as she lightly pressed the cotton ball to the cut. Soaking up the blood and disinfecting the would. " it may sting a little. But please relax." She said calmly with a voice like a mother applying bandaid to their child. After she had properly disinfected the wound she took a bandaid and placed it on the cut patting it slightly to make sure it was on. After words she began what her mother called "mental remediation." She gently put her hands on Thomas shoulders having him lean into her his temple agaisnt her shoulder as he was given a lovely view. Thomas would then feel a gentle stroke of his hair. Locoma was taught most of her medical knowledge by her parents. And while her mother was a pediatrician, Locoma took her teachings to apply on all ages. "Does the cut feel better?" She asked him as with her free hand she put her stuff away. Locoma would not rest until she was given a confirmation that her patient felt better. If Thomas wanted this to end all he had to say was yes.

1568093326120.pngMon, the 2nd of October, Year 500
10:15 - Location Classified
"Oh look, the angry little fluff knows your name now. At least we know he understands something, dumb fuck," Amalie said after jumping a bit at the cracked glass. She tapped it with her left hand, knuckles rapping it gently, "Bit too tough to get through it the whole way. Nice try though. You're definitely a strong little pain in my ass. It's not normal for someone to come along like that. What did you plan to achieve?"

Colette grumbled a little, just watching his explosion of heat with more curiosity than fear. She wasn't happy to see this man so angry. She felt even a little protective of him, like his discomfort and distress physically hurt her heart. Her resolve finding her again, she picked up his nearby metal hand. She ran her fingertip along the lines in the palm and up to the tips of his detached fingers, "I don't think he can understand you. The language sounds... weirdly familiar. Maybe it's an uncommon dialect?"

"If you think you know the language, then say something to him," Amalie said, motioning harshly towards the glass, "Maybe you can get the fox to calm down... as unorthodox as it may be. Just... Doesn't even matter. Just try."

1568093449844.pngColette pursed her lips and hopped down off the chair, walking up until she was maybe a foot from the glass. She looked straight into his eyes for a moment, then looked away back at Amalie, "You sure? I mean... what if I say something... like... offensive on accident?"

"Then he probably deserves it. You said you think it sounds familiar. Just try to say something - anything. Maybe we can figure out what language it is that way."

"Okay... um...," Colette looked back at the glass and the man within the cell, "Ah... Veniala neit... Osuka'en, um... teddon he'uala?" She looked like she wanted the ground to swallow her whole at this point, cheeks bright red. She honestly had no idea what it meant. Not a clue. His hand was still in her's though, clutched against her chest. She seemed to realize this and jumped to look back at her superior again, "Oh! We should give him back his hand. This is just cruel. It's like taking away a cripple's wheelchair! Come on... what would the disability advocates say? I know we don't want them breathing down our necks... again..."

Amalie grumbled, taking a moment to observe the man, "...You're probably right. As ornery and confused as he seems... he seems genuinely confused. We need to figure out how he got here, though. Considering the extra security we have on campus right now... I suppose he could be observed more humanely." The higher-ranking girl walked out of sight of the window, before coming around to a door on the side of the cell room. She unlocked it with a massive clunk and opened it, giving the man an annoyed look, "Cause trouble and you're dead meat."

Osuka Osuka

Osuka:

Time: Kurosh...

They were discussing something. Maybe the room had a failsafe of sorts? A toxin for knocking out the contained individual? Maybe turrets meant to fire sedation or suppression rounds? Maybe it would just roll flashbangs from a slot in the wall? Either way, he was sure at least two of those options would be out of the question considering the immense amount of heat that was in the room which could potentially make them fail, but all he was concentrated on behind now white-and-blue-streaked locks was the woman who had dared to lay a hand on His Colette. The woman he refused to have ripped from him due to some sick game Fate thought it could play with him. One thing was for sure, though: if nothing has been able to stop him before, this new world definitely wasn't going to be the exception if he had anything to say about it.

That being said, Osuka's train of thought suddenly ground to a screeching, bone-jarring halt when he heard Colette stutter out something he had heard time and time again before they were ripped apart from each other for the first time. She... Wanted to cuddle his tail? Osuka's head snapped towards her, eyes wide and stunned with shock. This woman was most definitely his Colette, regardless of how sure he was of it before, and his movement was quick. As if his mood had done a complete one-eighty, Osuka hurriedly made his way to the glass to press his hand to it, speaking more quickly than anyone could ever catch - almost as if the language itself melded into one continuous sound entirely. His intent was clear though: What she had said had put him over the moon in joy, and was nearly in tears as what might have been construed as an apology was almost every other sentence he spoke, though the rest of the sentence would end up completely lost.

It had been quite a long time since she had asked to hug his tail. His memory was almost perfect when it came to the expression Colette had put forth, including her embarrassment. It was maybe four years or so after they had initially met and stuck together that she said it for the first time. They had been camped out in someone's barn for shelter, and he could remember them having a particularly rough day. She wasn't able to sleep due to it, and though he wasn't going to reminisce on the reasons why, he remembered that at one point, she had stumbled over to his little pile of hay and muttered those exact words, only she wasn't so bashful. The girl had been crying, but he hadn't heard it until she had come over, and that was the first time that habit started, only at that point, he had one tail. Now, even though there was no reason to release that much magick, all nine tails were out, and even if one couldn't understand his language or read what would be about the most joyful tear-filled facial expression to exist without him sobbing all over the floor, his tails gave away just how happy he was to see her.

Then they started talking about his hand, which he had finally noticed she was holding on the other side of the glass. Hell, when she had asked to hug his tail, he had completely forgotten about the damned thing, and things started clicking....

Colette seemed confused about the meaning behind what she had asked, but she said it perfectly. It also seemed like she was a lot more fluent and comfortable with a language of this world - as if she was a native. She also didn't seem to recognize him at all, and though he knew she was smart enough not to make any crazy decisions like trying to fight the woman who had hit her to get into the room, but even this couldn't simply be acting. Even a most stellar performance from the absolute best in extra-dimensional existence couldn't give that amazing of a performance, even if it was the most important performance of their career...

He had two theories that instantly formulated themselves in his mind, though the two came to the same idea: The first, which was bonkers but possible, was that they wiped her memory and integrated her into their society. The second, however, was that Colette had hit this world hard in some way and is suffering amnesia. For now, he was going to operate as if the latter was more possible until evidence could suggest otherwise, but for now, the woman who seemed to be Colette's superior had moved out of sight for a moment before he heard the cell door open. After having looked towards the source of the sound and the woman's apparent threat, he began formulating what he would say in return...

Before he seemed to disappear entirely. Only the quietest taps of flesh against hard flooring could be heard as Osuka now held his prosthetic in his left hand, and a quiet click and hiss reported before metallic phalanges flexing and stretching as if they were perfectly native to his body. He could feel through it now, and Colette's warmth seemed to linger. Still, he had something to say in return to the woman, and he was choosing his words very carefully.

"'Dead,' neh?" he whispered, his back to the woman he had flashed past. The room she stood in front of that he no longer occupied suddenly grew terribly cold, as if a lethal winter night had settled, likely crawling over her skin and her breath misting before her eyes, and it almost seemed as if his next words were more chilling than the room in comparison. "'Jus' Try.'"

With that, his mood seemed to instantly shift back to unbridled joy as he made his way over to Colette. He almost moved in for a hug, but froze for a moment. He found himself quite pensive as he considered how to illustrate his question, and it was almost a full ten seconds before he settled on his method. Holding out his hands, palms up and elbows bent to keep some distance between his hands and Colette, in his right appeared both of their faces. After a couple moments of what appeared to be Colette squinting in an attempt to recognize him, the flames seemed to pan out to show her excitedly hugging Osuka around the neck and him embracing her in return. In his left, however, showed quite the opposite story. Instead of seeming to recognize him, the flames again appeared to pan out to show her tilt her head in confusion and shake her head, only for his visage to sigh and a hand come up to rub the back of his head, looking away from her fiery silhouette.

"Colette'ala 'a?" he asked, frowning as his brow furrowed, trying to mask his fear and worry. "Colette'a?"

Deathkitten Deathkitten

1567463295966.png So soft. Thomas thought to himself as his brain short circuited, he was being pressed against this girls massive breasts and he didn't understand why. How could he understand why, he had only worked with machines since he was young, he only had a few friends. Wait didn't Jeff say you have to marry the first person who's breasts you touch?! Well she's pretty nice, and hot, and she likes science. Wait why am I still being held here? He thought. His face was now entirely red from several factors, however he used his hands to cover his midsection to hide his first boner ever. Jeff said something like this would happen when you met the girl you're going to marry. I guess she's the one then. Wait how long have I been held like this? Thomas tries to move but his head ends up between the large pair. "I-I'm fine." He says, several minutes having passed as he tried processing the situation and failing to at first. However, now he was fully aware and completely embarrassed, infatuated, and convinced he had to marry Locoma due to what Jeff had told him when they were kids. "W-What's your name?" He asks nervously.
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Locoma
Locoma continued to gently hold him. He seemed to be in shock, and for some reason blood was rising to his face. Upon hearing confirmation she let go and zipped up her bag setting it on the ground. " My name is Locoma Tive. It is a pleasure to make your aqauntaince." She told him with a small smile. That small smile was the closest to emotion you could see from her. Her eyes showed no hints as to what she was feeling and her smile was so faint you almost couldn't notice it. "I apologize for startling you. I'm to blame your cut. Next time you are working I shall try to get your attention in less startling ways. "

Locoma was always like this. She seemed to be completely oblivious to what her style of clothes and mannerisms did to boys. She never really considered some on in love with her. Mainly due to she saw everyone as potential patients. And doctors getting in relationships with patients was taboo.

( EldridSmith EldridSmith )

Last edited:
1567463295966.png Thomas couldn't help but stare at Locoma as she introduced herself. This was in fact the first time he ever really looked at a woman with romantic interest instead of his regular dismissal as they were interruption to his work. "T-The pleasure is mine." He said as he beheld her smile which made his heart start beating inside his chest like nothing had before. Upon hearing her apologize he stood up and shook his head. "No no no! It's fine!" He says. He then notices that he's slightly wet and how she is the cause. "Oh you're soaking, let me help!" He says as he pulls out a small contraption, flipping a switch causing it to whirr. A hot airflow begins coming out of the end as he points it where she held him causing the wet spots to dry. "Do you want to use it?" He asks as he holds it out for her to use with starry eyes.
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

05ca180dbcff81854ee37ebeab5e738a.jpgc71184d6e712348191069c68f6415b29.jpg Ian had a sly grin as he let go of Ms. Servya’s shoulder. He knew Ivan would be fine from the injury already, especially due to the teachers expert care. He wondered if his acting was good enough to be believed however he knew it was unlikely. “Well there are wood wolves that come out of the wasteland in the New Republic of North America from time to time, they come out in hordes and are hard to kill due to having the life attribute but they only leave scratches and cuts which are easy to take care of. All you do is apply pressure and it will soon stop bleeding. For the most part the turrets on the cities take care of them all but some slip though due to their regeneration abilities. Honestly they’re just low level monsters so only one or two unlucky people are killed by them each year. Our cities are mostly metal and stone so it’s kind of uncommon for anything to really breach the walls or get over. Would be nice if we had more nature inside but some things are worth the sacrifice.” Ian says as he piddles about, waiting for the teacher to announce that he won, or at least tied with Ivan.

b6854b70b871ecca63a347567f53b74a.jpg Devan walks up and grabs a small bone charm and stares at it. He was a Mortis user, of course he was cursed with this element that only caused death and chaos. He hated it, he hated having an element that caused everything around him to turn chaotic. He just wanted some peace and order in his life, he just wanted to learn and study. He wanted a normal life where he could have fun, but his cursed element ripped those chances away from him. He hoped that one day he could live a normal life here at the school and perhaps meet someone who didn’t mind his quirks and flaws. Sighing he pinches himself for thinking about having anything nice with his luck. He sits back down and channels his energy into the bone charm, for once he was able to make things orderly instead of chaotic. Maybe he could hope for the future and enjoy life at the academy. He looked around the room to see what the others were doing, hints of jealousy in his face as he could see the others were blessed with elements that could help people instead of hurting them.

~Gavin Heidrich~
10:20 - The Ring, Pugnator Class

Mutated creatures! Gavin couldn't help but brighten excitedly. Monster hunting has been a very lucrative job for centuries, and was one of the many sub categories of the Patronus and Pugnator classes since protection from giant, blood-thirsty mutants was necessary at times. One of the students, a tall boy, talked about Wood Wolves which immediately reminded him of another species of mutated wolves. Eagerly, Gavin blurted out, "Scorpion Wolves!" Using his hands to gesture while he talked, the brunet continued, "They're mostly in the American Deadlands but sometimes they'll go out into regular forests and end up attacking people. They're about as big as a regular wolf and are pretty easy to kill because they don't move right, but the problem with them is that they stay in packs and the stinger on their tail is poisonous. It's not always fatal but it can be if you don't treat it." Glancing up in thought, he paused before adding, "The poison usually kills more than the wolf itself since you need an antivenom within about...five hours? And you can only really get that from a hospital since they make it from horse blood." Gavin smiled in reassurance at his classmates, "But like I said, they're easy to kill and don't really go far from the Deadlands, so they're only a problem for people who live in towns without walls near the borders!"

1568141784153.png

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon EldridSmith EldridSmith Peckinou Peckinou L Libero Kyrenka Kyrenka SomebodyElse SomebodyElse Osuka Osuka

Last edited:
~María de los Ángeles~
10:20 - The Ring, Pugnator Class

María couldn't help but visibly perk up at the mention of Ex Diem abilities. Hard light? She was still trying to learn all of the terms for each category of abilities, but occasionally she'd either forget what a word meant or would mix it up for something else. Mierda. The soldier kicked herself mentally for not studying hard enough. After the school day was over, she'd have to go back to her notes and go over the terms again. The thought was quickly filed away for later as the teacher's newest assignment caught the class's attention. María blinked in surprise. We're learning about animals now? It took a few moments before a shiver went down her spine. She's not going to have us fight mutants, is she? She had fought a beast or two as a training requirement, but there were some nasty creatures out there. She'd hate to see what kind of monsters roamed Augurium. Chewing on her lip, she intently listened to the others talk about the mutants native to them. The New Holy Roman Empire was fortunate enough to not have any areas contaminated with radiation or magic that it'd create monsters like in other countries. However, since they were so geographically close to the Egyptian Theocracy there were some mutants that'd creep into the Empire from their side. Irresponsible bastards, the soldier thought darkly. Egypt was well guarded from weaker monsters, so any mutants that resulted from their obsession with magic would prey on the Empire's people instead since they were easier to attack. If people weren't so wary of magic, then they'd be better equipped to kill those beasts.

María waited for a moment, and when nobody spoke up after Gavin, she said, "El Fenómeno. It might be a mutated jackal, but my people aren't really interested in studying a magical abomination. It usually hunts at dawn and dusk either alone or in pairs." Making a face of disgust, she continued, "It's about the size of a dog, so it likes to eat small children that have wandered too far. Usually an adult can scare it off, but if it's aggressive enough it'll try and attack the adult too. It's fast but weak; you only need one good hit to be able to either slow it down enough to kill it, or just be fortunate enough to kill it in one hit. If it bites you hard enough, then you need to keep pressure on the wound until you can get it cleaned and bandaged." Crossing her arms, she frowned lightly as she added, "They're the results of irresponsible magic from the Egyptian Theocracy."

1568146357734.png

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon EldridSmith EldridSmith Peckinou Peckinou L Libero Kyrenka Kyrenka SomebodyElse SomebodyElse Osuka Osuka

~Liliana Bermudez~
10:20 - Scientificus Classroom on Magum Spiritus Island

Liliana reluctantly stood up with the rest of the class in order to shuffle to the front to claim her tool. Should I grab Venissa's too? She bit her lip before deciding that the teacher would think that she was trying to steal an extra to sell and scold her in front of everyone. Letting a few students go before her, the brunette ducked past some of the lingering students in order to reach the teacher's desk and carefully grab her assigned tool. "Thank you," she said to the teacher before quickly turning away. Her gaze landed on one of the new students; it was hard not to since the boy? man? was huge. Her eyes widened as she watched him turn an egg-like object into a wyrm that seemed to dimly glow. With barely a twitch he then summoned birds that seemed to flicker in and out if reality itself. Liliana couldn't help but be in awe of the how ethereal they were. However, just as quickly as they were made the birds were gone again. Suddenly inspired by her classmate, the brunette opened up her box to reveal a fairly normal-looking paintbrush. Confidently, she grabbed it a swiped through the air in a wide-arc, as if trying to paint onto the air itself.

Nothing happened. Panicking a little, she made a few more swipes before trying the same on the surface of a nearby desk. Still nothing. Her face collapsed into a devastated expression. Trying her best not to tear up in front of all of her classmates, she craned her neck in order to meet his eyes. "Um, excuse me?" Her voice was a little strained but she pressed forward, "How did you do that?" Waving her paintbrush around she added in a small voice, "I'm trying but nothing's happening." Maybe I don't have any magic after all. The thought caused more tears to prick at the edges of her eyes. She had Them, didn't she? They were proof enough that she had magic.

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Blackrose7 Blackrose7 Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka Peckinou Peckinou EldridSmith EldridSmith

Last edited:
1568079689675.png Kitchi kneeled down to get at eye level with the girl, seeing she was about to cry he placed his hand on her shoulder with a comforting smile. "It's how our tribe's shaman showed me to channel the spirits around us. The ancestor spirits gifted everyone at this school with magic, so you must try to reach out to the spirits around us to use your magic. I called upon the spirits of the birds and they heeded my call. If you wish to use your magic channel your inner spirit to call upon the spirits of your element. It took me a few hours to do it when I was young, so don't worry if it takes a while." He says as he demonstrates how he channeled his mana through his mana wyrm to summon the birds again. "I'm Kitchi." He says as he removes his hand from your shoulder. He smelled of herbs, earth, and an unnamable but pleasant smell of the forest. If you're vision blurred you may see him as a lumbering bear rather than just a blurred version of himself. "Do you need me to show you again?"
Kyrenka Kyrenka

1568183293003.pngMon, the 2nd of October, Year 500
10:20 - Location Classified
Amalie swallowed hard, the man was fast... and most definitely an Ignus user. A powerful one at that. "Be careful," she warned Colette, "I'm worried this guy might be Ultima-level... To control fire to the point of ice isn't exactly an easy feat... and he's so fast. Don't let your guard down."

Colette had nearly fallen over, stumbling backward in surprise. Not only had he taken the hand, gotten back to Amalie, and then threatened her, but now he was in front of her. She looked scared and worried, uncertain about what was happening. His images weren't making a whole lot of sense to her. Did... he want her to hug him? She wasn't sure about that... but... er...

She awkwardly reached out and wrapped her arms around him, rubbing his back with her fingertips until she balled her hands into small fists. "I... uh... Is this what you wanted?" she muttered, pulling away to look at his face, "So, what's your name, anyway?"

Amalie spoke up again, having eyed the two, "I don't think he understands you."

"I... I mean yeah, but... what else am I supposed to do?" she asked back, pouting as she looked her direction. The look on her face completely changed from an amused awkwardness to panic, however. Her eyes met the clock. "AMALIE! What the heck!? I'm supposed to be in class already! You were supposed to tell me twenty minutes ago! More than twenty minutes ago!!"

"Don't bitch at me you can look at the clock for yours-"

"NO! Don't you dare give me that. You have your job I have mine and this is my responsibility. My education. This internship is not my whole life thank you very much. Now I'm late!" she half-shouted, the anger coming from her tiny, cute frame seeming completely out of character for her. She looked back at the mystery man and paused, then looked around the room and picked up her bag, jacket, and practically tossed the man's personal items at him. "I'll just... I'll just take him with me. My teacher's an Ultima anyway. Plus he seems to hate you. So... just... I'll just go."

Colette grabbed the fox man by the hand and pulled him along, wasting no time in jogging through the island, and then all the way to the teleport pads. She paused before she got to the one she needed, "Uh... have you ever teleported before? Oh... wait. You wouldn't understand me... um... I don't... I mean, maybe I can try something." Colette put a hand on either side of his face and pulled him down to her until their faces were maybe an inch apart and she could look directly in his eyes. Her hands on his cheeks, she focused, Can you understand me this way? Um... have you ever teleported before? This is a teleportation pad. Just... just think to me and I should be able to hear you. Might hear some other surface thoughts too on accident... but she didn't really want to tell him that. It'd probably just freak him out... besides, that was only because she sucked so bad at it and heard what was known as 'background noise'. Often times, whatever else you heard wasn't even useful or topical. Oh, she was so going to have a headache later from this... but hopefully, telepathy would work a bit better than trying English.

Osuka Osuka

Locoma

Locoma watched the strange invention dry her new table mate. " interesting.... May I try? " she politely asked. A device to dry her instantly. It seemed very useful.... if only there was a a way to completely block any water from getting her wet. " I take it you are an inventor? I'm more a medical practitioner then inventor but I do like creating my own medicines. " she said with a tinge of pride happily patting her medical kit. She supposed maybe her table mate wouldn't be so bad if he was offering a tool to dry away her greatest fear.

( EldridSmith EldridSmith

Chrysos paused to give a moment. When he walked in he saw the students doing first aid to a student. Yet at the drop of the dime now they were expected to talk about mutated creatures? Did they have any curriculum or was it just whatever the teacher wanted to do? Giving a shrug nonetheless Chrysos pulled out a butterfly knife fiddling with it as he thought. He lived in a pretty dense city. Not alot of mutated monsters got there. Even then. If anything got all the way to where he usually hanged around it would either have to be insanely strong or too weak to care. Hmmm, oh! Maybe that one would work.

"I don't really know if this is good enough but We got some poisonous rats in our sewers. They are super annoying because the older ones have large cysts of poison that explode like water balloons when killed. Makes a huge mess and stuff. Thankfully their poison is pretty weak. " he explained giving a shiver from previous meetings he has had with those creatures.
Swamp_Rat.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
1567463295966.png "Sure go ahead!" Thomas says as he hands you the makeshift dryer. "Yeah I'm an inventor! Oh you're a doctor? That's so useful! Most of my stuff isn't very useful…" He says looking down. "How'd you get wet by the way?" He asks, trying hard not to stare but failing miserably. His hands fidgeting with the contraption and sliding the gear back in the mechanism before inserting the final gear and quickly placing the cover on causing the mechanism to whirr to life, an instant umbrella swinging open before them both. "Uhhh here!" He says holding out the small box which had folded out into a large umbrella. "I know it's pretty pointless but I would like you to have it." He says nervously, hoping that she would accept it. Come on Thomas, don't screw this up! Stay cool, don't nerd out, just don't be boring… he thinks to himself.
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

~Liliana Bermudez~
10:20 - Scientificus Classroom on Magum Spiritus Island

Liliana did her best not to grab Kitchi's hand from where it was resting on her shoulder. She was so used to grabbing Them whenever They touched her that she had to force herself not to reach up and hang off of a stranger's arm. He's not a stranger though, he's a classmate. It was strange, how she was so full of apprehension before but now she felt somewhat comfortable around these people that she barely knew. Maybe my therapist was right; I needed friends. The brunette tried to follow what the taller boy was saying, but she felt lost. Spirits? Ancestors? She didn't understand what any of that meant. Unless... Liliana could feel Them perk up as her attention drifted to Them. Were They the spirit she needed to communicate with? Weren't They just a manifestation of mana? But They can think for Themselves. Doesn't that make Them sentient? It was all too confusing for her. Glancing down at the dry paintbrush in her hand before flicking her gaze back up into Kitchi's face, Liliana responded, "Yes please!" It didn't matter if they had different tools and caster types, right? Magic was magic, so accessing it had to be a universal thing! She just...needed to figure out how to do it.

EldridSmith EldridSmith

Dear, Mother
I am well. School is going splendidly.
How are you and dad holding up in my absence?
- Henry

After the briefest pause, Henry joined the queue of students slowly shuffling toward the array of boxes, each one aptly labeled with the magical category its contents corresponded to. Henry made quick mental notes, as best he could, of which students grabbed which boxes, and which students grabbed two.

When it was his turn, his hand and his mind lingered for a moment. He grabbed the Magum Spiritus box. Then he made as if he intended to head back to his seat, only to perform a short, clipped heel-turn. Wheeling on the boxes again, he snatched up another box, palming the label, and shoved it, a bit awkwardly, under the crook of his arm.

He paced back to his desk, slipped the second box into his satchel, as though he could not wait to be rid of it, then slowly placed his Magum Spiritus box on the desk before him. He knew what was inside of it - the professor had just went into great detail explaining the contents of each box before setting them loose - but he peaked inside before throwing it open all the way, anyway.

He removed the wire-frames from their case and slid them over his ears. Nonchalantly, he turned to one of his neighbors (if you want to interact with Henry, here’s your chance) and asked congenially,

“How do I look?”

Tags: Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon L Libero EldridSmith EldridSmith

Last edited:
Locoma
Locoma eyes stared at the machine that Thomas probably only now thought of as a gift. ".....An umbrella " she said as her eyes did not move from it. An umbrella was now before her. It small, compactible and most importantly..... blocked rain. She slowly grabbed it from Thomas inspecting it. Activating it a few times was worth the bad luck opening an umbrella inside would give. Although her face was still as dead and cold as before. On the inside Locoma was ecstatic to have this. She had forgot hers at home and was terrified what to do if it started raining. She had mostly just hid in her room during the previous rainstorms. Not a very decent method but it works nonetheless.

A lot of people may call it dumb. But Locoma despite being a water mage has a fear of rain and being splashed with water. When she was little she had got caught in a thunderstorm on her way home from school. This left her with a cold that got so bad she ended up in the hospital. For a person like Locoma, who prides herself in being in the best health possible. The thought of just rain being able to send her to the hospital left a deep paranoid of water in her. She could swim and take showers. But those are mostly controlled environments. You can't predict rain.

( EldridSmith EldridSmith

1568339875737.png Thomas watched as Locoma tested out the umbrella, and entirely ignoring his question. His face fell seeing that her face didn't even change expression at all. "I know it's pretty stupid… It's just a silly umbrella…" He says looking down, trying to think of something clever to say but failing. I don't know anything about romance! I don't know anything about how to act around a girl! AHHHHHHH!!!! WHAT DO I DO?!?! I need to stay cool but HOW!?" Thomas thinks to himself as he begins making a new gadget absentmindedly. "So are you dating anyone?" He asks without thinking. AHHHHHH I SCREWED UP!!!! What am I saying?! He thinks, continuing to mentally freak out as he pumps out a constant stream of small contraptions, a jumping clockwork grasshopper, a wind up mouse, and several others, the most noticible of which is a spider with razor bladed front legs.
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back