• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Luna needs to move to the rear of the caravan to get back into this fight. I got me some spells and a crossbow that need to be used.

Sherwood sez,

"Hey Wolf, ballsy move approaching the critter like that. Not everyone would be willing to take that kind of risk and would instead use the Umber Hulk as xp."
All. Re: RP points. That sort of thing would work for extra xp if we were playing a typical D&D/Pathfinder game. I've been running our xp a bit differently, closer to Palladium Games' style where characters receive xp for good roleplaying (no god-modding, etc.), conquering challenges (preferably with the players sharing ideas together even if the character in question is acting alone), playing your character "accurately" (meaning playing the character you made well), and adding to the fun however you like in a way that brings fun to the table for all. Good writing is also a sure earner, and there has been no shortage of it here! All that deserves a reward in my book! =)

Sure, beating on monsters is conquering a challenge, but Sharseya is a "farming free" fantasy realm built on great stories and characters, as opposed to "hack 'n slash" where one gains xp only by killing creatures? *Powerpaw holds his nose and sez* "Peeeeyewww! Dat stinkies!"

Want to gain xp in Sharseya? Learn! Grow! Explore! Interact! Preferably together (as players)! Do the things that get you "xp" in Real Life. How else does one get good at anything?

This style of experience gain means you guys have been earning RP points from the very start of the game.

Wolf Rawrrr's map is another example. Good ol' Wolfie, this is the sort of thing I like to award extra RP points for. My default is to pool all extra RP points gained and divide them among the party (this helps folks level equally, and encourages creativity and togetherness, I like to think). Kaerri's post on the divine in your part of Sharseya is another example. Sure, she is the only one besides me who could have written it - but she took the time to do it! She did something that adds to our whole. I think that deserves something, so on my side of the keyboard, I make it happen for the benefit of all. =)

Re: Map. The only change I see to make is Luna's position (in my mind, she is between the Grand Wagon and the Prison Wagon, not within line of sight of the umber hulk). As you said, Wolfie, some of the placements are arbitrary. =) Everything else is dead-on. Good work, you! =)

Oh. Re: "ballsy." I'm with Sherwood (yet again); Wolf is a brave fellow. =)

Gah! This monster distribution just isn't fair somehow. How'd Kitrin end up with the ones with no feets (and thus no real way to trip)? New plan! Powerpaw gets the hydra (because he likes beating things in the face, and there's endless faces there!). Kitrin takes on the umber hulk. As for the snake chicks, Otiorin, you wanted her, you can has!:wink:

@Sherwood Please roll Knowledge: Arcana twice here in the hopes that Luna can properly identify both the umber hulk and the seven-headed hydra.

@Captain Hesperus If Otiorin stays where he is for any reason, he will be rolling initiative with both Bilal the Rich and the hydra. This is Otiorin's chance to do otherwise.

So yeah. This video is for Otiorin... =)

[media]

[/media]

So we find ourselves at that stage again. What will your characters do?

I see that Kitrin is continuing to both fight and keep her word to help Stewart who has disappeared, plus she is now the only thing between three hungry sisters and Bria...

@killfire, it looks like Bronze is free to act as he pleases as long as he doesn't mind being followed by a pair of near-defenseless married hobbits... =) What is Bronze going to do?

@Sherwood, what will Luna do with the knowledge Sparkle has shared with her? What is Luna up to?

@Captain Hesperus, what's Otiorin's next move?

@Wolf Rawrrr, now that Wolf has communicated with an umber hulk (and is now one of the only characters to have ever done so), what is his next plan of action? It seems that Powerpaw is willing to follow Wolf's guidance here.

Otiorin has the advantage of knowing how to swear in two languages and the lack of maturity to take fullest advantage of that skill!

Captain Hesperus

Two Knowledge: Arcana rolls coming up:

[dice]1127[/dice]

[dice]1128[/dice]

Just a quick note, there is actually four Luna's running around; three from her mirror image spell and the original.

Ah. I'll edit with my thanks. I'm so darned tired from work right now...

No worries. It hasn't made a significant deal yet; but once I'm in the middle of the scrap with the horde of bad guys, it makes a big difference to my survival.

I feel your pain. Rawr! *tries really hard to be scary, but fails again*

We had a tabletop game going for a while where we had two rangers (actually a ranger and a fighter/ranger), and one or the other was certain to fail whatever check was called for (perception, generally). However, the other would usually get it. Maybe we just need more overlapping skills?

People usually try to have overlapping skills and thus cover everything but I dislike metagaming. I create and play my characters as if they were real, and come what may *howl*

You'll never see me playing for XP or making decisions based on what might play nice with the mechanics. Nope. Not this Wolf. To the death! :devil:

Oh, not at all, but our characters may come to the same conclusion ("If we all try hard, we can't all not see it, right?" Well, actually you can all not see it, but the odds are against that.)

I can't speak for the others, but I made a character that I wanted to play, without having to double check the other characters that were being introduced by the other players. So far, I'm quite happy with Luna and this game, and I look forward to seeing her level up and grow as a person.

@Captain Hesperus Hey, Cap? The hydra is chasing Otiorin and Bilal is right behind the hydra, yelling for help. What will you have Otiorin do? =)

Heya folks! This post is a big one, so grab a drink and enjoy!

I hope folks don't mind, but to keep the story going, I rolled twice for the players in places where they needed it. I felt it was better than stopping the story cold. I hope you agree. =)

And grats... Your team did it. =)

Cool post! I was kinda looking forward to a fierce fight with the hydra, but I can handle the disappointment. Makes me wonder what is going on in the woods to our south that we are running from.

Thank you, Sherwood! It's one of my longer posts (I really hope no one minds; I may be Sharseya's Storyteller, but I don't mean to be a text hog!).

@Sherwood I want to point this out - Luna knows something is coming, but not only does she have any idea what it is, she has no idea where it is coming from. Like Bria and Bronze, Luna's signature ability (her lifelong relationship to fire) is telling her to run now and that way. That way happens to be north.

Sherwood sez,

Luna skids to a stop at the sight of the hydra tearing into the fat merchant, a smile spreading across her face. "To quote a friend of mine, you got it IN DA FAAAACCEEEEE!! Ha!"
[*thumbs up* Powerpaw likes this.]

Last edited by a moderator:
All. Which of your two rides are each of your characters choosing to board? Or what other actions are you taking as your characters dash through this fiery night of many unusual moments?

Luna is going to get on whichever wagon is behind the lead, and will keep watch out to the rear for whatever it is out there that might want to take a piece of them out. Also, she will do her best to make sure that all the friendly survivors of the gnoll attack are given the opportunity to ride out with them. Safety in numbers, and she is a good person and will not willingly leave an innocent behind.

Hum, I got the cart with all the wounded. Now if I can just remember how to roll... (Wait for it, memories) DICE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back