• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know how big the shiny is? 
Also, random thought - what if Luna cast Ray of Frost on the direct path to the shiny? That'd put out the fire, ya?

It is about the size of a soccer ball (or European "football" as the rest of the planet probably calls it- it really is a better name than "soccer."). =)

Re: Ray of Frost. The ray I imagine is pretty tiny; maybe the size of a pencil in width (it is a cantrip - the lowest-possible power for an arcane spell). A Ray of Frost can put a very harmful chill on a single target, though. Now a Cone of Cold or Ice Storm would accomplish the desired results (plus some overkill), were those handy. Then again, your Friendly Neighborhood Storyteller really isn't supposed to be giving any kinds of hints, so... What other questions do folks have?

I thought about Mage Hand but it specifically describes potential targets as nonmagical. I'm pretty sure whatever that is, has got to be magical just to survive the landing. :wink: And that's assuming it even meets the "below 5 pounds" threshold. (It could be made of lead! We don't know!)

*Sparkle and Pecker look at each other and then to Captain Hesperus. Then they unfurl their tiny wings and flap them at him. You think you may hear a pseudo dragon and falcon having a good laugh.*

Sparkle sez, "We have wings, player. Seeeeeeee?" Pecker nods along and flaps. =) 
@Sherwood Please roll Perception (with a +4 bonus).

All. Re: Luna. Would anyone like to help Luna with directions in-character? Once she's in the smoke, her eyes won't be of much use, but everyone outside can see in well enough to help out. =)

Kitrin will, shouting "more to the left," "more to the right," etc.

Otiorin could have been shouting 'hotter, hotter, colder' but in hindsight, everything would be 'hot, very hot, extremely hot, scalding hot, etc.'

Captain Hesperus

Who wouldn't like Luna? Pretty girl with a pretty name, the right attitude, and quite passionate about it all - did I mention she's literally hot? What's not to like? <3

Does he? :wink: Well they have been travelling together, adventuring through six levels of God-knows what, and I am acting up on what seems to be a likely scenario *woof*

I think at some point we need to concoct some sort of 'pre-history' for the group: significant events witnessed/involved in, interpersonal relationships and so on.

Captain Hesperus

[QUOTE="Captain Hesperus]I think at some point we need to concoct some sort of 'pre-history' for the group: significant events witnessed/involved in, interpersonal relationships and so on.
Captain Hesperus

[/QUOTE]
Wolf seconds that *howl*

I like what I'm seeing in here. =)

If folks like, I can open up a new thread where you can post ideas concerning your characters' previous adventures? Also, is the name of the group staying "Grey Wardens"? I ask as it seemed to be created as a "good enough for the time being" name (and you needed a name at that moment!). =)

I will post this weekend. Until then, stay safe and smile. =)

I like Suicidal Idiots but it won't make a good first impression...

"Grey Wardens" is a good enough name, and no one in Sharseya is likely to have gotten their hands on a copy of Dragon Age so we're cool in that aspect:tongue:

But if we were to change the name, would it be OOC or IC? Not saying that I have any ideas, for the time being at least, but I could probably come up with something if I paused to contemplate long enough *woof*

I find it humorous that the group name is constantly in flux, simply because we've (still) not settled on a name everyone's happy with. So the party's name changes whenever we're asked who we are, since one member or another gives their suggestion first.

In Highwind, they were known as 'The Grey Wardens', in Summerset they were known as 'The Warriors of Justice'. With no fixed name, they're never going to gain the notoriety of some of the most established groups, but they still argue over names...

Captain Hesperus

If you ask me, the problem is we are not thinking in the right direction. All of the names chosen so far were not really what we were all about. We're not wardens of anything, and justice - while a noble and often sought concept - is not really our primary motivation.

We need to take into consideration what drives us and keeps us together, moving *bark*

'The Seekers of Mighty Loot, Magic Stuff and Vast Fortunes' doesn't really inspire confidence in prospective employers....

Captain Hesperus

12th Strategic Mech Regiment of the 1st Killfire Guards? Wait wrong game sorry... The Arms of Justice? Eternal Guardians? Knights of The Round Fluffy Pillow?

Sorry. Low brain here. Whatever the name is, I think it should be true - true to the team as well as the individuals. (If you don't mind your Storyteller's opinion) I thought the word Wayfarers was neat (what adventurers don't travel?).

In Highwind, some of the more successful Highwind adventuring team names include The Last Resort, The Light in the Dark, Death From Above, Lions of Summerset, The Wandering Monsters, Mielikki's Wolves, Hammers and Axes, and Fangs of the Forest Mother.

Um. I am kind of brain dead here (I'm overworked again. My line of work requires that, but I'm transferring departments next month. Hooray! More brain!). I will try to post today if not tomorrow. I want to share what you've done in Sharseya with all of you. Or something like that. Yeah. =) 
@killfire The bucket of water is a fine idea, but your character doesn't have a bucket and there's no water nearby (within short running distance that is). Where is he producing this from, friend? Remember - If it's on your character sheet, you've got it. Otherwise, you'll have to produce it somehow (and who better to produce items than an expert crafter?). =)

Wayward Wayfarers might actually be pretty accurate, come to think of it.

Wow. We are up to page 50 on the Adventurers' Table. That's so very cool! Thanks, friends, for your patience while I recover from one hell of a work week. =)

All. If you have not read the latest post in Bilal's Menagerie, please read that before you read past this paragraph. I recommend reading carefully. =)

Spellcasters. Your spells are fully restored as if you had not cast this day.

Luna: Gravity Bow, Mirror Image, Mage Armor. The duration of these spells have restarted (the latter two were just about to run out). Her Protection from Energy spell's duration is unchanged.

Otiorin: Gravity Bow. This spell's duration is restarted as if just cast.

And just in case there is any question, yes, that's a real dragon in the sky above you.

7708050160_ca9b75ac90_z.jpg

Okay, so I'm going to be looking out for a bunch of Sidereal tea cup ninjas now....

Captain Hesperus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back