• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sherwood. Boccob's flock mostly gather in the Summerset area where the mystical, often mysterious god is celebrated. If Luna is from Summerset, then she might have been a worshipper of Boccob for some time. He's not really known in Highwind, and Luna would be aware of that.

All.
Okies. Looks like the Wardens are now in four different scenes:

@Kaerri. Kitrin and Bria - "Killer Kittenpaw" and Bria are about to enter combat. Please roll initiative between you and Bilal's host of pretties. Because of the situation, Stewart must roll as well. Concerning Warden locations, as the Grand Caravan is headed north on The Road of Kings, two wagons side-by-side, this puts Kitrin and Bria in one of the lead wagons. The rest of the adventure (and the Wardens) is southward from them.

@Sherwood and @killfire. Luna and Bronze are not far from either Kitrin and Bria, or Wolf and Powerpaw. Luna is basically alone among the dead in your first encounter. Luna is also closest to your non-combatants in the cell wagon behind the one Kitrin and Bria are currently in. The cell wagon has been basically converted to a makeshift triage, and there the Meadowsweets, along with that squad of Grimdell's Guardians, and thanks to Luna, a few of the surviving caravan staff, are housed up in there. I see Bronze and the Meadowsweets as continuing to help as they can, but Luna is basically alone without any threats at this time (at least until Sparkle reports back). Besides shooting crossbow bolts at the gnolls, what else is Luna up to?

@Wolf Rawrrr. Wolf and Powerpaw are just south of them with the umber hulk and the fleeing gnolls. Powerpaw is, of course, ready to fight. Unable to communicate with the umber hulk, full of death-lust (for Bilal), and apparently seeing it as a threat, Big Fuzzy is seriously considering attacking it. Pecker, high above, is wise enough to stay up there and survey. What does Wolf do?

@Captain Hesperus. Otiorin is further south still nearing the rear of the Grand Caravan, Moonlit Edge and Cudgel of the Warden in hands, where he can hear Bilal among the fighting. I will use the Stealth roll you gave earlier to represent Otiorin moving around the battle in an attempt to visually locate Bilal the Rich while keeping himself hidden. Please roll Perception for Otiorin.

I will follow this post with another in Bilal's Menagerie. The fun continues! =)

[dice]1106[/dice]

[dice]1107[/dice]

[dice]1108[/dice]

Rolling for Kitrin:

[dice]1109[/dice]

We have an initiative tie between two opposing factions; the faction that loves to have dinner (our heroic Kitrin), and the faction that seemingly wants to have her for dinner (and not in the cordial sense)!

And seeing that your initiative modifiers are the same, there is but one thing to do - "Roll off!"

Roll initiative again to see who wins out!

[dice]1110[/dice]

Da winna an' new champieeen, Kitrin!

Once again, the baddies go last. Oh well. Too bad for them!

Last edited by a moderator:
And now:

"Otiorin, what do your Elven eyes see?"

tumblr_lgzvzh6MzR1qhpw4co1_500.gif

Captain Hesperus

[dice]1112[/dice]

thumb.gif

Dammit...

D'oh! What a time to roll a 2...

I love the Lord of the Rings additions, especially that last one from Legolas. =)

HAHHAHAHA!! Cap, you are hilarious (and dead-on target)!

Welcome to Bilal's Menagerie! Remember, Bilal really wanted you and Powerpaw to be a part of all this. Don't you feel honored? =)

That depends on what Otiorin does. Initiative has not been called for, so Otiroin is not yet in combat. Or in other words, the creature may not have yet spotted him, given that he's looking at it from around the corner of a wagon. =)

However, due to that Perception roll, I am thinking that Otiorin's complete attention is currently on that monster (and who can blame him?).

I'm wondering if a Fireball into the woods where the gnolls are gathered would be a good thing...

Put another way, would a Fireball into the woods be a bad thing, and if so, how?

(That's not meant for the GM to answer of course, because he won't, unless it's to clarify what Luna knows.)

I can't think of any reason why directing a fireball into a forest full of Gnolls would be a bad idea....

05_22_2013_forest-fire.jpg

Nope, no reason at all.

Captain Hesperus

I'll have you note that Luna hasn't thrown any Fireballs into the woods yet! I have resisted the urge to blow shit up so far!

Aside from the gnolls of course, who had it coming.:wink:

At Cap. Ha ha ha ha! Once again, I laughed out loud when I read what was put here. Our Adventurers' Table haz funnies! =)

I think this is the part where Wolf (and Killfire if Bronze is doing something different) get the chance to catch up. =)

Dannigan said:
I think this is the part where Wolf (and Killfire if Bronze is doing something different) get the chance to catch up. =)
Indeed *woof*

Note 1: Wait, it's night time? And all this time I thought it was the middle of the day... I must have missed the time of day description upon our escape:tongue:

Note 2: I find everything beyond my character's immediate surroundings to be blurry at best. Would it be at all possible to see some kind of a sketch showing where stuff is? :question: (I don't mean to be demanding, I just really like graphical aids in games)

This is what it looks like in Wolf's head:

OOlfqEZ.jpg

- grey boxes are caravan wagons, with the prison wagon and grand wagon standing out

- small red circles are either gnolls hiding on the forest's edge or gnolls fighting it out with the caravan guards

- large red circle is where the large creature sounds are coming from and also where Bilal presumably is

- large yellow circle is the Umber Hulk

- letters: 1 is for Bronze & Meadowsweet's triage, 2 for Luna, 3 for Wolf and Powerpaw, 4 for Oh-tee-oh-rin, and 5 for Kittrin and Bria

p.s. please note that the number of elements and their relatively placement are (in some cases) arbitrary

@Wolf Rawrrr How did you make that, please? What program is that?

Re: Note 1. Yes, it's in the middle of the night. It was coming dusk when the adventure started, and when the Wardens fell to Bilal's scheming, they woke up to night (with Luna's Mage Armor spell still in effect; this she used as a tool to help tell what time it was not).

Re: Note 2. Your request isn't demanding at all - I just don't know how to make it happen on a computer. I am open to learning!

Re: Your map.

Your rendition is close. There are a total of 10 wagons. They are traveling in 2 columns of 5 wagons each. Bilal's Grand Wagon (the one with the pool in it where Bria and Kitrin are) is in the very front on the left. The Wardens have not had any interaction with the wagon on the right.

Directly behind Bilal's "Traveling Pool Party" Wagon is the prison wagon where the Wardens met Powerpaw and the Meadowsweets in, and came across the gift (and cudgel) of the Warden. This wagon currently houses Bronze, the Meadowsweets, some of Grimdell's Guardians (8 out of 8 of the squad you saved), and a few of the surviving caravan staff (6 in number). Luna is outside this cell wagon having not strayed from the battle that took place there. Sparkle is high above Luna now flying southbound to investigate further.

Farther south at the next set of wagons (the 3rd; this is the middle of the Grand Caravan). This is where Wolf, Powerpaw, and the umber hulk are having their little meeting. Pecker is high above Wolf.

Finally, Otiorin is at the 4th pair of wagons seeing the hydra for the first time. Bilal's voice can be heard in this area along with a great moaning creature that has been heard this whole time (even from the front of the Grand Caravan).

None of the Wardens have made it to the 5th set of wagons.

Hey Wolf, ballsy move approaching the critter like that. Not everyone would be willing to take that kind of risk and would instead use the Umber Hulk as xp.

Alright then, this should be fairly accurate then:

HDmyUAv.jpg

As to how it was made, I wish I could give you the answer you might be hoping for - that it's a simple editor that enables you to create stuff like this in a few clicks and then easily save it as a picture - but alas I cannot. I use image creating software called Fireworks (though you can draw this in any editor such as Photoshop etc). I literally created some circles and rectangles, colored them, and threw them across the board.

Nothing fancy to it, really. Good old MS Paint can suffice for the same purpose, though using real software makes things alot easier as you can select objects and define colors for fill, border and stuff faster - not to mention you work in layers. Alternatively, you could simply draw by hand, scan the drawing and upload it somewhere. If you can draw, nothing beats the human hand *bark*

@Sherwood - Wolves will be wolves *howl*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back