• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Ten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heya friends! Hope to post tomorrow. Be well and healthy! =)

I should be able to post tomorrow. =)

Hey, Dann? As soon as I read your last post where you describe Oscar in the casket, I couldn't help feeling like something was off. So I checked, and... Normally, I'd have my character express such doubts IC, but this time I am honestly not sure if it's a lapsus or not. See, you give us our first actual description of Oscar thus:

He was an incredible sight. A human man perhaps in the end of his fiftieth year, his tall figure reached higher than even Bren's own.
But this is how Flagg reported to the Wanderers what had happened to Oscar:
Flagg continued. "And what do you think he did with it? Well, he read the damned thing of course!" Flagg fumbled about like a doddering ancient. "We were in the palace study, the big one, when in walks Oscar, Tempus Fugit in hand, and looking about a century old!
Flagg threw his hands up. "And that was it! He croaked right there!
So correct me if I'm wrong, but for someone who appeared to be a hundred years old when he died of decisively unnatural causes, being forcibly aged to death, how can Oscar be looking barely fifty now?

=)

Perhaps Nivirea wants to ask around about that? =)

EDIT: In my enthusiasm, I have given away something I shouldn't have, and so I've edited this.

So correct me if I'm wrong, but for someone who appeared to be a hundred years old when he died of decisively unnatural causes, being forcibly aged to death, how can Oscar be looking barely fifty now?

Now that you mention it, there is one thing I do realize I missed - Bria ought to have noticed the difference when she saw him. Oh well! I'm far from perfect and that's O.K.! =)

You know, Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr please award Nivirea a bonus Action Point (bonus points carry over into new experience levels unlike normal Action Points). You have been such a keen player for so long that it definitely deserves a reward. =)

Yeah I'd have totally had Nivirea say it, except she's not gotten close enough to glean that, but I was wondering why no one else (like Bria) noticed it. Mystery partially solved! *woof*

So from 9 points to 10? Cool. Remind me, these things don't carry over between chapters, right?

Wolf, on my own character sheets, I put Bonus Action Points into their own category beside or below Action Points. That way, you don't have to rely on your Dungeon Master's memory (by running two games, the less I have to remember the better). I do something like this:

Action Points: 9/9
Bonus Action Points (carry over): 1/1

So from 9 points to 10? Cool. Remind me, these things don't carry over between chapters, right?
Action points carry over between chapters, but not between levels. Except special bonus points like the one you just got; those apparently carry over levels as well. ^;3^

Yes! My mistake again. I somehow failed to read the word "chapters" since the most common question involves character levels. Thanks, Kaerri-darlin'! =)

Well at least you've entertained Nivirea! She does so love to be entertained, you know, and no matter how grand or spectacular or downright amazing some of the things so far have been (such as the whole arrival to Highwind), amazement does not equal entertainment *woof*

p.s. am I the only one who keeps typing Skywind instead of Highwind? *rawrrr*

Glad both you and your character are having fun, Wolf! =)

Re: Skywind. What is Skywind?

Also, my pardon for not being clear enough. Red Pandas are not from the continent of Averlund (as everyone here save the Ko and the Felane are, including Nivirea). Summerset is on the continent of Averlund. Powerpaw and Mamapaw originate from the continent of Rhumia. No one is quite certain where the Ko are from prior to their settlement on Phoenix Mountain (and they aren't talking!).

In other words, Nivirea has never seen a red panda because there aren't any in all of Averlund (at least that was the case until just now!). She, like nearly everyone else, has no idea what this cute little fuzzy fellow is! =)

...a red panda, she recognized...

My version of the Reincarnate spell? Well... like everything Healer, it's not Averlundian. It's... from somewhere else like me." She pointed at the glow. "This means..."

"... I don't have any idea what new form Oscar is going to take except that it is from my Ko background, not Averlundian!"

Ah, but of course. No red pandas in Averlund. No pandas at all, probably. Just as well. I edited that bit out *woof*

Skywind is a renewal project for The Elder Scrolls series, a fan-made modification for Skyrim meant to merge it with Morrowind (thus the name, which is coined from the names of those two games). Think of it as the best of both worlds; the amazing world of Morrowind, arguably the most beloved game of the series, recreated using the enhanced capabilities of Skyrim. So you'd have the complete both games in one. It's not publicly available yet, but many people have been working hard to make it happen, someday. They are also planning to include Oblivion at some point. People are still auditioning for voice actors, I think! If you'd like to read more, here's their official site: Skywind FAQ | TESRenewal: Morroblivion, Skywind, Skyblivion

I guess it's the -wind ending in both names that makes me confuse them sometimes.

Cool! I hope they're successful! I know I've had a good time in Skyrim Special Edition (especially with the mods). Thanks for the info, good Wolf! =)

Heya folks! Kaerri and I have been gearing up for Hurricane Irma so do pardon me for any quietness on our end. I'll post as soon as able (Wednesday at the latest).

Okies. I will try to post again in here and Robotech: Broadsword again tomorrow. I iz now out of brain and beat (but we are as prepared as we can be for Hurricanes Irma and Jose!). =)

Plot twist! Bren doesn't have to roll, but I'll go ahead and select Green for his default die color.

In Adventurers' Table, you may roll Knowledge: Religion or Knowledge: Nature or both. The following applies:
If you have 10 or more ranks in either, you need not roll and are automatically successful.
If your character worships Mielikki, you need not roll and are automatically successful.
If your character has a woodland class (Ranger or Druid) add +2 to the roll.
If your character comes from Highwind or its immediate surroundings (not Summerset or beyond), add +1 to your roll.
I do not believe that Luna has any of these going for her, but I do have a total of +11 to my Knowledge: Religion skill. Also, I will go with a white die for now, thank you.

Sherwood - Okies!

Why couldn't the solution be something easy, like buying a gift basket for the leaders of the opposing side? But nooooo! We need to find some way for this God to be brought back from wherever he or she is currently located and get back to Sharseya.

Ha ha! Gift basket! That would be something. =)

Luna and Sparkle with sweet smiles: "Hi there! We brought gift baskets just for you!"
Leaders of the Armies of the Black Fang: "Do they contain your souls? Hur hur hur!!"

I don't... 10 ranks, right? Not 10 total? Damn.

So I suppose I'll have a roll for Nivirea's Knowledge: Nature (+10 total), red dice would be fine (as it was for my other character, if I recall correctly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back