• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Ten

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say yes to all! ^D^

I'll get the leveling details posted later tonight.

Wolf has the best answer to #2 :P Bren's all for it, of course, and I like dungeon crawls too.

Out of curiosity, and if you can answer, would Oscar be more of an animal companion (like Pecker and Sparkle) or an NPC (like Bria, Powerpaw, and Mamapaw)?

I like Psychie. (Even if autocorrect thinks that should be Psychos!) She's a fun fellow player.

*Hands Cap'n a Molotov cocktail.*

I can't blame you there, good sir. =)

Feel free to steal my code and customize to your heart's content *howl*

Btw, I will post for Nivirea once Bren and Mielikki are done with their exchange. Nivirea wouldn't interrupt such a moment.

Just a quick comment to tell everyone that my family and I are all ok here in Las Vegas. My wife almost went to that music festival, since she loves country music, but thank God she didn't. I would be freaking out to hear all of this if she were down on the Strip. My prayers are going out to the families of those affected.

Thank you for telling us, Sherwood. I'd be so worried if Dannigan hadn't called me to let me know he'd talked to you already. Prayers to all who are dealing with loss and injury out there.

Thanks again for the quick reply, Sherwood. =)

Just curious about something: Is Bren getting a complete do-over to be a level 9 paladin instead of part ranger, part fighter and part paladin?

Bren said it best.

"I would set aside my split paths of fighter and ranger and start anew, focused wholly on my service to you and yours, if you will accept me."

Bren is no longer a Fighter or a Ranger. He is now a 9th level Paladin. His character sheet will be completely reworked. =)

Cool deal.

BTW, has there been a decision on adding Psychie to the game? I don't know if there has been any PMs between you guys.

Not yet. I will let you know when. I did not want to ask her on the same day the sad events in Las Vegas took place. That's not good form (to say the least).

Yeah, that was something Dann and I had discussed offline. However, in his game, there are rituals that the characters can go through to completely change classes (instead of simply adding a new one), and I'd thought Bren was heading for that. Mielikki shortened things somewhat there! ^;3^

Yeah. In Werewolf the Apocalypse, they have the Rite of Renunciation; it allows one to restart their character class. I have a similar mechanism in Sharseya for those rare occasions when a PC or NPC wants to change character classes.

This rite is not performed lightly, but it can mean the serious difference between a player enjoying their character again or changing characters completely.

Kaerri Kaerri Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr Sherwood Sherwood Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus

Good news, folks! Psychie has accepted! Woo! =)

She'll be in after we go through the basics much the same way we did when Sharseya Online first lifted off back in 2014 (wait, that means we've been doing this game for just over three years! Somehow I thought it was four. Whoops!). =)

Cool deal. I look forward to seeing what she comes up with.

Hey everyone! Thanks for letting me join in. I have lots of reading to do in Shop Talk, but I hope to have a sheet submitted for approval soon.

Folks, after Psychie accepted, I started off our basic knowledge with the goodies in the spoiler below.

(From my Conversation with Psychie)

Great! Glad to hear it, lady! =)

Yes there are and, like Robotech: Broadsword, it's all in Sharseya's Shop Talk. First though, here are a few things I think you should know before you roll up a character. As always, when you have questions, fire away. =)

1. Sharseya has been running as a homebrew tabletop game since the year 1999. It was only until almost 4 years ago that it went from tabletop to RP Nation. The same PCs save for one have been involved since I put Sharseya on the Internet. Unlike Robotech: Broadsword which is my "story-based" RP, Sharseya is my "sandbox" game. You guys and gals can literally do whatever the hell you want, go where you please, and adventure wherever your heart desires. Only rarely do I railroad here (and when I do, it's for everyone's benefit).

2. Sharseya has elements of Dungeons and Dragons Basic, Expert, 1st Edition, 2nd Edition, 3rd Edition, and D&D 3.5 all before it became a Pathfinder game. This means you might run into creatures, items, spells, just about anything that don't have the easy, standard definitions found on Paizo.com. If you are using the Pathfinder books online, please note I try very hard not to use d20SRD.com as there are some subtle but important differences between Pathfinder and d20SRD.

2a. The one book you would do well to be familiar with is the Pathfinder Core Book. That's it. Any other additions, be they spells, characters, races, are probably in Shop Talk. There are a few races I've created, too. As for me, I'm making use of my dozens of Dungeons and Dragons books, Dragon Magazines, and modules to bring forth whatever looks like fun. Like Robotech: Broadsword, I'm rolling dice colors of your choosing (at least until we can roll dice of our own in XenForo).

3. Because "Sharseya Online" has survived moves from RPdom, RP Zone, and now RP Nation, and gone back and forth from XenForo, there are many useless links in Shop Talk and other places. If you need a specific page or resource, just let me know and I'll either explain or provide it (or both). Parts of past chapters are a mess (due to coding issues) but legible enough to look back on. =)

4. Let's talk about the adventuring party. They are called the "Wayward Wanderers." They just hit 9th level at the moment and, except for one member, they are good-aligned (averaging out to Neutral Good). Sir Brendoran Killaneson, a recently-become Paladin of Mielikki played by Kaerri for over 15 years now, is currently leading the Wayward Wanderers. They are in an adventurers' haven, the city of Highwind. Highwind a city in the middle of one hell of a war on the continent of Averlund. The Wayward Wanderers are preparing for their very first dungeon with the help of many of their friends and even the Goddess of the Hunt, Mielikki, at Earthhome, her temple in Highwind.

Psychie, don't rush at all. This game is not going anywhere. If anything, I recommend you take your time creating your character. I'll add in some important details concerning that soon.

In the meantime, folks, how about after welcoming Psychie, I request each of you give her some insight toward continuing the good times here? Advice? Fun memories that happened to the party? That sort of thing. =)

Oh. Here's a good starter. How about you guys tell Psychie precisely what the Wayward Wanderers are up to now that they've finally made it to Highwind? =)

Hey Dannigan, since the Summoner is out, I will go with either a Monk or a Fighter focused on archery.

I do not see a list of available attribute packages to choose from in Shop Talk, unless I'm missing them somewhere.

You're not missing them. Give me time. =)

Okies, folks! I have a rudimentary (at least as it applies to Sharseya) Character Creation Guide here. Psychie Psychie =)

A couple of notes to help you, Psychie Psychie .

1a. Re: Monk. If you choose to go Ko Monk, understand that they too have their own archery. Basically, you can choose to play a Monk (from Core Classes) or a Monk (2.0); either one are Ko. Choosing to play a Ko means learning no small amount of background and following it (for example: the Ko are almost always of Lawful Good alignment). This means you'll have a rock-solid background from a secretive people that are really out to explore and do good in the world. However, you are "saddled" with the responsibilities and code they follow. Bria, one of the Wayward Wanderers, is a daughter of the compassionate Ko. She is the last person following the Healer Character Class on Sharseya.

1b. Re: Clerical Monk. Ko monks also have a spiritual Cleric variant that is basically a Cleric, but not quite a Healer. Most of the adventuring Ko monks are of the Monk (2.0) variety. Not that you were looking to be a Cleric from your above post, but it might be something you'd like to know.

2. Re: Fighter. If you select the Fighter class, your background is darned near anything you want it to be. Perhaps you are a gladiator out of the port city of Glimmerdawn or a celebrated horse-archer out of Summerset or a bowyer working out of Highwind. Either way, there is no background "baggage" if you select Fighter as they come from most anywhere. Unlike the Ko, you decide where. Powerpaw, one of the Wayward Wanderers, is a fearless Felane ("Kitty-face") Fighter out of mysterious and far-off Rhumia (basically Egypt). A maul in his hands is something to be feared by nearly any enemy.

Okies. I'm up past my bedtime again. Welcome again to Sharseya, Psychie! And again, take your time creating a character. Maybe you want to play an old favorite or something brand new? Either way, I highly recommend talking it out here At the Adventurers' Table. In the long run, I think you'll be glad you did. Both Cap'n and Sherwood are still playing their original characters from over three years ago, but only because they really took the time to figure out who and what they wanted to play. I just want you to be truly happy playing here (as opposed to rolling up a Character-Of-The-Week until you get it right; I've seen that happen. Ugh). =)

EDIT: Put another way, rolling up a character tonight won't get you into the game any sooner. A good spot is coming where your character can join up, but I specifically asked you here at this time so you could take your time if you so choose to. And if not, that's fine too! As long as you have the option. =)

Last edited:
Psychie Psychie

Also, Dann remembered a playable race he forgot to mention to you, so I said I would. Wemics are a Large-sized creature, kind of like a centaur but lion instead of horse. In case you were interested :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back