• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Ten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the good news is that my character is getting closer to final approval. I just have a few questions on the differences between different kinds of elves in this game setting to know just which one I should go with.

I would help you out with that, but I'm a simple human wizard and I don't know the differences in elf races too well.

Now that Luna has the knowledge to make wands, Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr , keep in mind that I can start working on one for you, too. I will just need the cost of materials and I can whip it up for you.

Sherwood, your Wand of Scorching Ray is a freebie. Enjoy!

Making another wand will take more than materials, it will take time (see Shop Talk, Crafting for details). Still, that's very cool of you to share the wealth (of Luna's knowledge). =)

Psychie Psychie , I took a quick peek at your character and I am intrigued. Never saw a Arcane Archer before, so it will be interesting to see your character in action. I like it.

Thanks, Sherwood. I almost went with a regular Fighter, but Dannigan suggested I look over the couple of Prestige Classes that focused on archery, and I just couldn't pass it up. I just hope that the bad guys get the point of my character class. Get it? Get the point? Ha!

Oh, dear, I'm making bad puns like you now. You've corrupted me!

You are welcome, my friend. No need to thank me. It is a service that I give for free.

BTW, I see that I have a few 1st level spells that you don't, and vice versa. Once we get to know you, we can trade spells back and forth.

Dannigan Dannigan , I have a question about the ability I have to add a spell to an arrow that I fire. Does this add to the damage done by the arrow from the spell, or does it replace the normal damage with the spell I use?

Sherwood Sherwood Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Psychie Psychie

Psychie, I will answer your question in a moment - BUT FIRST...

Humble Bundle, distributors of fine digital (pdf) roleplaying books, is having a Pathfinder sale! They are calling it the "Ultimate Crossover by Paizo & Dynamite."

I endorse these folks having gotten the Doctor Who: The Roleplaying Game (ALL OF DA MOAR) on pdf for $25, all legitimately (courtesy of Epiphany; Wolf, she plays with us in Robotech Broadsword). The Pathfinder Core Book is part of the bundle that is going for $1.00 (or more depending on what you want to pay for it) as opposed to Amazon.com who has the hardbound physical copy for $41.47 plus (free) shipping. This sale is going on for about the next two weeks (there's a countdown timer on the website up top).

If you guys want the pdf versions of some terrific books transferred seamlessly to digital, this is the time, plus these folks support research for cystic fibrosis through a company called Camden's Concert. You choose where your money goes (to the publishers, Camden's Concert, and Humble as a tip). As for the other books in these bundles, it is likely I'll find some goodies in there somewhere to add to Sharseya along the way. =)

Psychie? Yes, on a successful "to hit" roll, the arrow does damage to whatever target you have fired at. This makes some arrow and spell combinations tricky (take Charm Person, for example). Remember, the arrow need not have a target if it is area of effect (like a Sleep spell). Just fire (don't roll a 1 and shoot that damned arrow so hard she flies off the battlefield and puts a bunch of bunnies to sleep somewhere) and use your bow's range instead of the spell's range. You use the spell's casting time as part of the firing motion. =)

Sherwood, I seem to remember Nivirea and Luna talking about it, yes. I'm not sure what was the conclusion of the conversation. In fact, despite someone probably having had explained it to me, I am once again at a loss about these wands and such... Can I get a quick recap?

And Dannigan, I thought you said Nivirea wouldn't get to level up this time?

Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr Yep! You're right. However... see below.

Heya folks!

At this stage in the game (Chapter 10: Highwind!), we have characters with different levels of RP points. Here how it looks:

9th level with 9 RP Points - Brendoran, Otiorin, Luna, Mamapaw, Powerpaw, Bria.
8th level with 5 RP Points - Nivirea.
9th level with 0 RP Points - Psychie's yet-to-be-played Elven Arcane Archer.
(And just for my own notes - 8th level with 8/10 RP Points - Leonard Wolf)

There is a method to my "madness," here. You'll see why soon, I'm thinking. It's all part of the "Sharseya Express" railroad company if you get my meaning. =)

However, what? The reason why I'm asking is because you were rolling my HP as well, so that confused me *woof*

Well, when you run two games, therein exists the opportunities for twice the mistakes! =)

Just keep the roll. You'll see why later. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back