• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Ten

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I recall correctly, we can't have 10 ranks in a skill until we are at least 10th level.

I have none of the above so Oti will stand and stare dumbly.

Captain Hesperus

You can still roll, he just won't have any of the bonuses Dann mentioned.

Heya folks!

Kaerri and I have power (and A/C) back, just no Internet yet. I am tired from all of the actvity and lack of A/C, but there is still work to be done around here. Unlike many, we are nearly back on our feet and thank God for that!

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

That's great! Glad to hear you're alright, been wondering a bit... *woof*

It's kinda weird repeating the same thing across two RPs, lol, I suppose it's good that we're not all of us involved in half a dozen? :D

Yes indeed. I don't think I could not stretch myself that far and still provide quality role playing. Especially right now.

At least the two of you came through the worst of it in one piece. A lot of people have lost everything. Glad that you are both ok.

Amen to that! All this flooding... It's a bit like Houston. And have you seen the Florida Keys and the Caribbean? Holy moly!

Yeah. It makes me glad that all I have to worry about here in sunny Las Vegas is the summer heat and the occasional monsoonal flood. Nowhere near as bad as the coastal states get on a regular basis!

I read somewhere that 25% of Florida Keys housing has been destroyed. That's... that's insane. I mean I was still processing the footage and imagery from Texas when Irma hit Florida and beyond. All those people out there... If I was anywhere remotely nearby I'd hop on the first transport and do whatever I can to help *howl*

At least most of the people in the Keys evacuated, but many won't have much to come home to, even once the bridges are fixed. (For most of them, bridges and boats are the only access, and there's been too much debris in the water for boats to be safe.)

I'm told the polydactyl cats at Hemingway House are OK, though. Seems one of the caretakers stayed to, well, take care of them, not that they needed much besides shelter. I remember meeting several of the cats on a trip to Key West several years ago. Very friendly to tourists!
(hemingwayhome.com | Cats if anyone's interested)

Last edited:
Heya folks!

Update: We still have power (some of our neighbors have lost power but they regained it later). We do not have Internet. Still, we are quite fortunate. Little by little, Real Life is returning to normal not only for us but friends, family, neighbors, church, and work, too.

I have been driving a great deal, lending a helping hand where I can, and never have I been so attached to this smartphone. When it sounds, I find myself reaching for it, ready to jump into action again.

I will post when able; I'm just not entirely certain when able will be. Hurricane Irma may be gone from Florida, but she still has a hold over me.

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

We has internets! Woo! It's a small thing, compared to what others are going through, but I'm so thankful to be getting "back to normal" again.

By the way: Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr and Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus , were either of you planning on responding to the Tapio roll? I was sort of holding off to see if you two were going to post before I followed Sherwood in.

Likewise, sayeth your Dungeon Master.

It's good to be back online! =)

I have no idea what a Tapio roll is, but I believe I declared my intention to roll already, if that's what you mean.

So I suppose I'll have a roll for Nivirea's Knowledge: Nature (+10 total), red dice would be fine (as it was for my other character, if I recall correctly)

Die results:
Sherwood (white d20) - 10 (total 22! Go Wizards!)
Wolf (red d20) - 18 (total 28! Leader of the Pack!)
Cap'n (blue d20) - 19 (I don't know; I cannot read the character sheet. Still, a 19 is high enough to beat the Difficulty Class of the Skill roll)
Kaerri - N/A (follower of Mielikki)

EDIT: Nivirea has beaten the roll by 10 or more and is therefore eligible for bonus information (as will be seen in my next in-game post). =) Nice going, Wolf!

*insert a picture of Nivi looking all superior*

Kaerri, thanks, I had simply forgotten the name of what we were rolling for in the time that's passed since it was declared IC :P *woof*

Ha! If only Wolf knew what a top dog he's been replaced with...

Kaerri Kaerri Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr Sherwood Sherwood

Read in-game first in Chapter Ten: Highwind! and then read this spoiler. =)
Due to his extensive knowledge, uncanny intellect, and Mielikki's Gift, Oscar of Highwind can now freely train adventurers regardless of class or ability. Oscar will not require from you the usual cost of gold or time in order to do this. From time to time, he may require that you perform a task of sorts, but that is solely for your benefit, to be taken upon or discarded as you see fit.

Oscar is also offering to go with you on this adventure. This is the dungeon I asked all of you about months ago. I am calling it, "The Troubled Temple of Tapio." And troubled it is. If he goes with you, he will be treated as an animal companion of sorts. But whether he goes or not is completely up to you.

You guys don't have to take this adventure, for this game is our "open sandbox" after all. I do ask that you present your opinions here in Adventurers' Table for all to see.

Lastly, sometime soon, I would like to offer Psychie the first chance at coming and joining us here in Sharseya. For the past year, Sherwood's friend has been a very good roleplayer in our Robotech: Broadsword game (I started writing that game up now over a year ago! Is anyone else wowed about that?!)

So! In summary, please respond to the following:
1. Do you want Oscar to train your character? If so, please share all details of your training here in Adventurers' Table. I'll do the same for Bria, Powerpaw, and Mamapaw. Things like skill selections, spell and feat choices, and the like. That way, the whole team gets to be on the same page and train together, if you will.
2. Do you want to take on The Troubled Temple of Tapio dungeon? I have a rough draft written up but I'll set it aside if you guys would rather do your own thing (whatever that is).
3. If so, do you want Oscar to join you there?
4. Do you guys want Psychie to join us?
I am giving you as much say on this as myself in the matter because it's your game too. I've had some interest checks and even a blind invite for Sharseya in the not-too-distant past, but Psychie expressed an interest some time ago and I put her on top of my list for such requests. Please do not contact her about this. I have yet to do so because I want to hear from you first.

Please reply to all of these. =)

Extra bits for some of you:
Kaerri - In case it's not clear, Mielikki is specifically asking Bren about his desire for Paladinhood. Respond as you see fit!
Cap'n - Your character sheet remains... in some important places... well... an unrecognizable mess. I can't read it. Would you mind fixing it up, please?
Wolf - While everyone here is training for 9th level, Nivirea is shy of the RP points needed to get there. However, I don't think that will last long. Be ready to train for 9th level yourself when I call for it later.
Sherwood - You iz a silly nuthead (I have nothing extra for you at this time). =)

Woot! Level up! Yeah, baby! Its your birthday! Woo hoo!
Um, I mean, yes, I would happily allow Oscar to train Luna up to 9th level.

Now, to address the many questions you pose:
1. As I said, I will happily train up with Oscar, and get my sheet updated for the new level. I would just need the hit point roll from you to make the final changes.

2. It would be, in my humble opinion, a fun time to check out the adventure of the dungeon crawl. It would give Luna a chance to try out her new spells and Feat.

3. As a source of info, having Oscar along would be invaluable. My only concern is making sure he lives through this.

4. I like Psychie's way of playing, and personally would welcome her to join in this game. I will not share with her this conversation until you have a chance to officially extend the invite, or not, if that is how the group votes.

How much time are we looking at before we set out for the next part of the adventure? I wouldn't mind being able to get my new wand made up before we get into the mix of bad guys. Unless I can do some of the crafting on the way there, I would need a total of six days to get the wand done.

2. No, we're going to turn down a goddess and disappoint the religious brass of the biggest city on this side of the continent, in favour of getting drunk in a tavern to bad country music. Of course we're taking on the temple!!! *howl*

3. Let Oscar come, why not.

4. Let Psychie come, why not. Some fresh blood can only do us good, especially when it comes with high marks *woof*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back