• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Army of the Southern Cross

Zyorna shrugs. "Not to much that I can tell, since I only had peripheral contact with their mecha. Their Motherships can carry tens of thousands of Bioroids, and hundreds of dropships. They also have a massive amount of direct ship-to-ship firepower. With so much of Earth's fleet that has left the planet to go to Tyrol to speak with the Robotech Masters, we would do well to avoid any direct conflict with them, but that is not my call to make. I would hope that the High Command is busy talking to the Masters, but I am afraid that their pleas of peace will fall on deaf ears. The Masters are too arrogant, to high on their own power to admit that any other race could possibly be an equal to them."

"Sounds like we should expect this isn't a friendly housecall then..." he sighed, still having a sliver of hope this wont end terribly... "Bioroids... I can't say I've ever seen or heard of one yet. But regardless, if they have come for a fight, they will find one. And they will find that kicking the hornet's nest filled with trained and well experienced soldiers is as wise as it sounds. Anything you can tell us about these bioroids? And Moira? Anything to add?

We need to know the best way to turn their fighters into piles of scrap if and when this goes sour.

I got a feeling we'll be finding out first hand either way." the good doctor stroked his chin, looking towards his comrades.

"If it does, Doc, then we'll do our bloody best to push them back." Adrian said with a resolute nod. "But there's something that's bugging me about all this...why now? Why would a Robotech Master show up here of all times? Did the fleet fail? Is this a sign of some form of peace being formed or an act of war? By the gods I hope I'm just paranoid..."

Moira frowns. "From my experience with fold space travel, it can take subjectively a long time. It is possible that they left Tyrol looking for their lost Zentraedi fleet even before the UEEF forces left Earth! That must be it. If so, we will have to face off against possibly several Motherships on our own. But, from what I saw of the war against Lord Dolza's fleet, if it is possible to stop them, it will be done by the human and Zentraedi defenders of this world. I am confident that we will do what no other race besides the Invid have done; stand up to the Robotech Masters and win. It just remains to be seen what kind of response that High Command has in mind."

The tension in the ready room slowly shifts to boredom as you wait for orders, or at least, information. Finally, Capt. Cullen comes into the room in his battle armor. "At ease. I have been on the phone with Colonel Emmerson, and I have some confirmed answers to the many questions you must have.

First off, the targets up in orbit have been identified as ships from the Robotech Masters' fleet by our Zentraedi allies. What that means for the UEEF forces that have been sent out to Tyrol to negotiate with them, we don't know. Our long range hyperspace link with the fleet that is maintained from Freedom Station in the outer system has been cut off. With luck, we'll be able to reestablish comms with the Expeditionary Forces soon to find out their status.

Second, the fleet in orbit has broken up into four different groups. The first one has positioned itself in close orbit around the Moon. Number two has shifted itself to be over Japan and the Far East sector. Number three is moving down to be over the South American sector, and the final group is now in orbit above Monument City. Each of the groups have multiple ships of different classifications, including several Zentraedi vessels.

Third, all attempts at communication have been met with static. We are using various known Zentraedi recognition codes along with other broadcasts in the clear with the hopes that we can begin a dialogue, but so far that has not been successful.

At the moment, the Rules of Engagement are clearly set from High Command as 'Fire only when fired upon'. Do not initiate any hostilities, but you can defend yourselves if attacked. I want to stress to you the importance of this; your gun camera tapes of any engagements will be highly scrutinized and if it is discovered that you broke this, Lord help save you from the wrath of Admiral Leonard, because I won't be able to."

He takes a deep breath and looks up from his tablet that he was reading from. "Alright everyone. Listen up. With as long as it would take for a ground attack to be deployed against us, we can stand down and still be ready to hit the tanks if and when the signal goes out. Stay on post, preferably in the company area. The second that any news comes available, I'll pass it along to you. Get some rest, because there is no telling how long it will be before the balloon goes up."

"Any questions?"

"Understood Captain. We will keep this in mind during any interaction with the visitors of ours. We will keep our heads cool and fingers off the trigger." he assured the captain, bringing up a salute for good measure. "Best case scenario we this situation resolved peacefully, even if their sudden presence is as disconcerting." he eyed the ship once more, before looking to his squad. "Back to duty with us, remain vigilant and ready for anything. If you have any any questions for the Captain please voice them before we leave now."

Moira nods. "I only need to know one thing: Where they are." She makes a gesture with her hands as if using a firearm. "They are not here to talk. They are here to finish the fight that my people came here for. Mark my words: we will be in a shooting war with the Masters soon enough."

It is less than twenty four hours after the Robotech Master ships have entered Earth orbit when the alarm goes off, this time calling you to your mecha. It is currently mid-afternoon in Monument City when the call goes out, and as you are powering up your mecha, Lt. Heinrich gets his orders to deploy the team nearby your barracks to protect several vital airstrips and hold position as you get word that several reentry craft have been deployed from the group of ships orbiting right overhead. You are getting reports that there are a total of ten of the reentry vessels coming down, with two heading towards the section of the base you are guarding.

Even though the other squads of your company are being sent out to different locations, you are not alone here; there are several of the older Defender class anti-aircraft Destroids nearby, some mobile missile platforms and conventional tanks, and a trio of Tomahawks to provide heavier ground firepower.

As the alien ships come down closer and closer, the 'no fire' order is still in effect. That changes, however, when one of the batteries of mobile missile launchers suddenly launch their ordnance up at the dropships. Once that happens, everyone and their uncle opens up with whatever firepower that will reach up to the alien ships. In response, the reentry aircraft open up the side hatches and begin to launch dozens of humanoid mecha riding on hover sleds. Most of the targets that you can see are painted a light shade of blue.

Intermixed with the Blues are a handful of Green and Red mecha, ones that Moira would recognize as command units of the Bioroid forces coming down towards you.

As the Bioroids begin to deploy, there is a signal on the command circuit, "All units! Engage at will! I say again, engage at will!"

One of the dropships coming towards your section of the base is hit hard by a combination of missiles and AA fire, causing it to break off from its approach and accelerate back up towards the safety of space. This still leaves over fifty of assorted mecha on their hover sleds swarming about and diving down to engage the Earth defenders. The older Destroids begin to target some of the approaching enemy and they pick off a few from long range, but there are twelve of the Bioroids that manage to get low enough to be able to be engaged by the Hussars. You are faced with nine of the Blues, two Greens, and one Red. Current range is just over 6,000 feet and closing in rapidly.

Orikanyo Orikanyo is up first

Order of Initiative
22 - Heinrich <====
18 - Red Bioroid
17 - Adrian
16 - Green 1
15 - Moira
14 - Blues 1-3
12 - Marcus
11- Blues 4-6
10 - Eric
8 - Green 2
7 - Fia
5 - Blues 7-9

Moira lets out a stream of Zentraedi curse words before switching back to English. "I knew it! Damn Masters are here to wage war on Earth, to finish off the job that the Zentraedi started. I like my freedom, thank you very much, and I will fight to the bitter end to make sure my new home and family are all kept safe! Lets trash these idiots!"

"By the gods." Adrian said with a hint of horror bleeding in his voice before it shifted to one of anger. "They're not getting away with this, dammit! This is my home, our home! We're not going to just take it like helpless dogs to the slaughter. We'll give them a good thrashing before kicking them out with their tails between their legs. Come one, everyone; for those we cherish! CHARGE!"

"There goes the possibility of a peaceful resolution." the man sighed, raising his main cannon upon that interesting red dot on the battlefield.

There was a lot of Blues, some green, and one red.

Chances are from process of common sense that the red was some form of squad, or more likely swarm, leader. With the greens having some sort of speacialty.

And so, taking his chances he fired upon it.

The Red Bioroid shows off how maneuverable it is by twisting in the air and evading your shot. It then throttles up to close the distance between it and you, firing a spray of superheated plasma disks from the hover sled. They will hit unless you dodge, or yo can choose to parry.

AldarisLordOfLight AldarisLordOfLight is up, and Orikanyo Orikanyo needs to defend

Order of Initiative
22 - Heinrich [1]
18 - Red Bioroid [2]
17 - Adrian <====
16 - Green 1
15 - Moira
14 - Blues 1-3
12 - Marcus
11- Blues 4-6
10 - Eric
8 - Green 2
7 - Fia
5 - Blues 7-9

Out of all the attackers, it looks like the Red Bioroid is special in some other way which was accompanied by a pair of greens and a bunch of blues. Adrian took his aim and fires. "I hope this 125mm can do the trick..."

Heinrich attempts to dodge out form the incoming fire, raising his left arm shield in case it fails.

Adrian's aimed fire catches the evasive Red in the chest. It is nearly blown off of its hover sled, but somehow, the mecha maintains control despite the damage it has taken.

The return fire directed at Heinrich manages to score against you armor for a light 20 MDC to your main body. Just a scratch, but they do add up.

Green 1 flies down low over the ground, and as it does so, it fires a burst from its hand-held weapon at Adrian. The shot will hit unless you dodge or you can attempt to parry.

Psychie Psychie is up with Moira

Order of Initiative
22 - Heinrich [1] 0/20/0
18 - Red Bioroid [2] Seriously damaged
17 - Adrian [1]
16 - Green 1 [1]
15 - Moira <====
14 - Blues 1-3
12 - Marcus
11- Blues 4-6
10 - Eric
8 - Green 2
7 - Fia
5 - Blues 7-9

Seeing one of the greens fire off its weapon at him, Adrian attempts to dodge the shot. "These things are a tad bit feisty than normal!"

Adrian is able to easily evade the attack, letting the blast tear into the tarmac behind you.

Psychie Psychie is up with Moira

Order of Initiative
22 - Heinrich [1] 0/20/0
17 - Adrian [2]
16 - Green 1 [1]
15 - Moira <====
14 - Blues 1-3
12 - Marcus
11- Blues 4-6
10 - Eric
8 - Green 2
7 - Fia

Shifting her mecha into Tank mode, Moira levels her cannon to fire on the damaged Red Bioroid. "Get off my adopted planet, you shithead!"

Moira's shot goes wide, missing the Red Bioroid.

The first three Blue Bioroids don't seem to like the fact that Moira tried to kill their boss. They all swoop down and fire sprays of weapon fire at you. Two of the three will hit unless you dodge or parry the attack.

ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R is up

Order of Initiative
22 - Heinrich [1] 0/20/0
17 - Adrian [2]
16 - Green 1 [1]
15 - Moira [1]
14 - Blues 1-3 [1]
12 - Marcus <====
11- Blues 4-6
10 - Eric
8 - Green 2
7 - Fia

Swearing up a storm in a mix of Human and Zentraedi at her miss, Moira will kick in the jets to try and leap dodge out of the way.

The shots tear up the pavement where you were standing and don't hit you.

ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R is up

Order of Initiative
22 - Heinrich [1] 0/20/0
17 - Adrian [2]
16 - Green 1 [1]
15 - Moira [2]
14 - Blues 1-3 [1]
12 - Marcus <====
11- Blues 4-6
10 - Eric
8 - Green 2
7 - Fia

Another shot goes out, and once more the shot goes wide.

Blues 4-6 dive down to the deck and jump off of their hover platforms. The unmanned sleds fly up and away while the three Blues take aim at Eric. Two of the three shots hit, but Eric takes the damage on his arm shields.

In response, Eric raises his gun pod and fires at the Red Bioroid. He scores a hit, causing critical damage.

Green 2 also targets Eric, but the big tanker dodges this time, taking no damage.

Silanon Silanon is up with Fia

Order of Initiative
22 - Heinrich [1] 0/20/0
18 - Red Bioroid [2] Critically damaged
17 - Adrian [2]
16 - Green 1 [1]
15 - Moira [2]
14 - Blues 1-3 [1]
12 - Marcus [1]
11- Blues 4-6 [1]
10 - Eric [2]
8 - Green 2 [1]
7 - Fia <====

Monument City was rather calm compared to the Brazilian jungle - less dangerous, almost boring from time to time. Not that training and baseball weren't pleasant, but it did not have the same intensity and frequency of usable material for someone like Fia. Until yesterday, at last - bloody hell. Robotech Masters, as if the remaining Zentraedian forces hadn't been enough. Coming from far away, apparently for no other reason than to finish what the other attacks hadn't accomplished. Once more, the air was filled by enemy fire, unknown forces landing to strike against the defenders. Only one thing seemed to be already established: That colors mattered, and that rarity was of importance. "Opening fire - welcome to the free planet Earth." A dual blast as she aims her cannons at the red bioroid in the sky,

A perfect time to roll a crit. The twin blasts fly out straight and true, striking the Red Bioroid hard. The resulting blast scatters parts of the enemy across the tarmac, leaving nothing left.

Orikanyo Orikanyo is up

Order of Initiative
22 - Heinrich [1] 0/20/0
17 - Adrian [2]

16 - Green 1 [1]
15 - Moira [2]
14 - Blues 1-3 [1]
12 - Marcus [1]
11- Blues 4-6 [1]
10 - Eric [2]
8 - Green 2 [1]
7 - Fia [1]