• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Army of the Southern Cross

"Well, I'm looking forward to the challenge." He said with a playful grin. "I would not want to disappoint after all."

He was surprised at her outburst and her question. What nonsense was that? Him not loving her? That's crazy! "Moira, you're more than that. You've said it yourself and you've done it yourself. You've developed a life outside of fighting. You're a breathing and thinking being that's seen both sides of life. People care for you, the team cares for you as a person. I care for you. You're not some nobody to us...to me." He said softly in the end as he moved closer to her.

He reached out and held her hands with his own. "Besides, love is something that makes us do the craziest of things. Even makes us believe in the most craziest of things. Right now, someone like you deserves as many good things life can give; and I hope that I can give you as much goodness and happiness I can muster. So please, don't beat yourself down like that. Someone as strong and beautiful as you does not deserve something like that..."

The brave Zentraedi warrior woman can feel her hands tremble as she looks across the couch to the sweet, dear man next to her. "You really mean that, don't you. It's not just something you are saying to make me feel nice." Moira ducks her head as she feels a wave of emotion hit her, and then the tears start to flow. "I don't know what to say." Finally, she looks up at Adrian once more, a strange smile on her face. With a sniff, she wipes her nose and eyes. "I have heard of love, but its never something that I have ever felt before. How do I know if I love you too? Adrian, you are such a kind and wonderful person. I just don't know what I should be feeling right now. Its like . . . a strange tingling all over, and my stomach has this fluttering feeling inside it."

"Does this mean I am loving you, too?"

"If you feel like the world feels so much brighter and things would be so much happier, then that is love darling." Adrian said softly as he reached up and cupped her cheeks gently. "Come now enough with the sad looks, smile for me sweetie. You look so beautiful with that bright smile of yours."

Moira looks at Adrian for a long time before reacting. Finally, a shy smile begins to poke its way out. She reaches up and cups her hand over his, closing her eyes as she focuses on the feel of his hands on her skin. When she does look into Adrian's face, she leans forward, wrapping her arms around his neck to pull him in for a kiss. When she finally breaks her grip, she whispers, "I love you, too. Now, turn off the television and take me to bed already."

Adrian felt his heart skip a beat when he saw her smile. Finally, someone as dear as her deserves to smile as often as possible. He returns the kiss with a lot of vigor he could muster. Hearing her request, he gladly complied.

He reached up for the remote and shuts off the tv. He stood up and took a quick stretch to shake off the kinks in his body before he reached out towards her. He carried her bridal style to the bedroom area. "As my lady commands." He playfully said formally like those knights of old.

Morning comes. Or, for some people, mid-morning thanks to the amount of partying done the night before. The hangover headaches are pretty bad, but you have dealt with worse pain in your lives. It will just take a bit of recovery time before you are back to normal (or as normal as this group can get!).

It is most likely that you have made plans to meet up to continue to hang out together before everyone made their way to bed the night before, so once everyone is up and dressed, a flurry of calls between the rooms is made. It is no real surprise to most that it only takes one call to get ahold of Moira and Adrian.

Heading down to the lobby, everyone meets up at the café in side the hotel for some breakfast (lunch) for a hangover cure and to make plans for the rest of the day.

Moira wakes up slowly, then has the sudden realization that she is naked and not alone. A slow smile comes to her face as she feels Adrian's arm around her waist. Yes, last night did actually happen. It wasn't a dream. She slowly rolls over and greets her lover with a sensuous kiss. "Hey there. Good morning to you." Moira can feel the blush on her face as her hands briefly touch various parts of his body that are normally considered off limits. She stops when the room phone starts to ring, and without even thinking about it, she rolls over and answers it. "Hello? Ah, good morning. Yes, we are awake. Give us a bit to get cleaned up and we'll be down to get some chow."

Placing the phone back on its cradle, she rolls back over and presses her body up against Adrian. "Mmmm. Nice." As she rubs her hands over the firm form of her lover, she can once more feel the warm stirring in her nether regions. Reaching her hands down in between his legs, she begins to rub other parts of Adrian's form. "We are supposed to be getting ready to go to meet the others, but if we are a little late, I think that they will understand."

Pulling the covers back, she straddles his body and grinds up against her man. "Lets make some noise before we shower."

Adrian's morning felt as if he had just went to heaven and played games with the angels there. He could feel his beloved's warm body beside him and her perfect form wrapped around his arms. As he savored the feeling of being close to her, his mind recalled that one wild night that would forever be a memory worth remembering. He opened his eyes when he felt a pair of lips meeting his own and the warm, loving words that just jump started his heart and maybe a few other things. "Good morning to you as well, darling."

He felt a stirring of disappointment within him when the call came for them to meet with the others; but that was quickly replaced with playful joy with her little plan as a groan escaped his lips from her thorough attention. He reached out and gently ran his hands over her sides before holding her hips. "I like the sound of that, luv. The morning's a little too quiet for my liking." He said with a playful grin.

Eric puts his cell phone away with a sly grin on his face. "I just called Adrian's room, but guess who answered the line? Moira. It seems that she has spent the night with him. We may want to go to lunch now, and when they are done with their biology lessons, they can call us."

It was a rather...

Interesting morning for the doctor, as he had hit the beach knee again the last night, wondering exactly when they would go about that whole dance thing, he found himself at the nearby beach side bar again. Having come back he noticed a different bar tender was there, apparently changing from a jolly man to a rather bored looking woman. What happened after he ordered a Pina colada or three was a bit hazy.

He does remember some things about the evening. He remembers losing the others, wandering the town abit, entering a place with a lot of lights and sounds, drinking more, something that may had been a fight...

Or breakdancing?

Looking at the big Jesus statue in the distance for awhile, then crying, eatting some more, drinking more, speaking with somebody about the mission he had, being brought to yet another really loud place, and that is where his memory truly fades.

However, his morning had been eventful, he woke up on his bed, a rather tall(enough the dwarf him) woman with a rather intimidating tattoo or a dragon upon her back and two hefty looking scars on her face was cuddled up next to him, two men in feather boas and feathered masquerade masks were passed out on the floor, several bottles of booze were upon the counter, what looked like a large inflatable pool toy in the shape of a shark was sticking out of the bathroom, a women in a sleek red dress was smoking a cigar upon the patio..

Taking his time to finally pry off the rather cuddly giantess, he looked towards the red dressed woman he regarded him with a small smirk towards his baffled expression. "Good morning Mr.Schneider."

"Good... morning...?"

"I trust you will up hold your end of the bargain yes?" she asked taking a long drag of the cigar before placing it upon the ash tray beside her.

"I..."

"Good, I must be going, your friends await you down stairs." with that, she stood up, strutting her way out of the room without so much a single explanation as to what was going on.

He simply stood there, confusion and pain wraking his brain. He walked into the bathroom, after removing the toy shark, and went for a shower... It was then he noticed the large tattoo across his back.

skull%20wings%20reflective_PXF-500x500.JPG

Finishing his shower he came out the the soft snoring of the other two men and the woman getting a t shirt on, one of his it seems. "Could not find mine, fine if it take this yea?" she asked in a thick accent, giving a rather wolf's grin to the smaller man. "You good, call again. Olga see you again." and much like the red dressed woman, she left the room without a single answer to the growing pile of questions, save for what her name was.

Only more questions.

A single phone call from Eric made him snap out of his stupor, a brief. "Yes i'll be down made him wonder just how in hell did he fuck up this bad in one night.

During which, the two men managed to wake and and leave, not bothering to put on any pants to cover their very pink speedos.

Heinrich joined the others for lunch, back shining, head banging, and mind trying desperately to piece together the missing evening.

Some moments are only part of your life to let you regret prior decisions - mornings after nights like this one are certainly amongst them. Drinking too much, sleeping too little, and, most of all, giving Eric her phone number so that he can interrupt her well-earnt sleep. In an astonishing act of self-protection, Fia, still half asleep, grabs the telephone receiver and presses the shiny, red button on it - stopping the horrible ring tone for now. However, the damage is already done; the sounds of other hotel guests combined with the noises from outside are enough to prevent another few moments of restful sleep.

Thus, the second call half an hour later does not get answered either - since the former reporter somehow managed to drag herself into the bathroom to take a long, warm shower, followed up by two headache pills and a sleepy yawn. Oh well, that's how vacations usually go - and at least, the last night was totally worth it, without going way too far. Let's hope the sarge took care of himself, he somehow vanished during the night...

She calls Eric back as soon as she's dressed, already on the way to the elevator. "Bloody hell, gimme time to wake up, will ya? The early bird gets shot by the hunter. I'm on my way, hope there's coffee left..." She comes into sight a few moments later, scuffing through the lobby to join the others. To her own surprise, she's not the last one, and the sight of bread rolls and caffeine-containing drinks lightens her mood enough for her lips to show a tired, but happy smile. "Morning."

After a bit of a delay, everyone is finally down an reunited once more. Eric is looking remarkably fit; a testament to his constitution that he was able to shake off his hangover quickly. At the café inside the hotel, he orders a big hamburger and a Coke, then begins to tell you, "I found out that there is a concert being put on later tonight by my favorite artist, Joe Satriani. That man is a guitar god, and I am able to get us all some tickets if you want to join me. Either way, I'm going to be there." Doing his best to keep a straight face, he says, "Well, how did everyone enjoy their first night of vacation? I certainly had a blast."

"...Eventful... I... Cannot remember... most of it." the good doctor felt it was the only acceptable answer. "My head is all foggy... I cannot remember most of it... I know I got lost..." the man scratched behind his head, trying to piece it all together. he glanced around towards the others, and to the area around him. Who in hell were those people? Who was that woman? Why in hell was a giant hugging him when he woke up? Who were those men!?

And what was with that shark?

he rubbed his stinging back once more, before clueing in to what Eric was talking about. "Ah... Well i suppose it couldn't hurt to check it out." he states as he stopps to make his own order, mirroring Eric's. "Though I think I will hold on the booze for abit, atleast... For awhile. Did anybody see me at all last night? Anywhere?"

"Well, sarge, I noticed that you vanished at some point - but no idea when or where that happened. You're still alive, so it can't be too bad; take a coffee and forget about it. As for the concert, I'd be up for it. Maybe one less drink to be on the safe side, won't even try to keep up with Eric this time... just gimme a few quiet hours before that, those aspirins will need some time..."

Moira shakes her head. "No idea what happened to you, boss man. After Adrian and I split off from you, we were somewhat distracted by our movie. Sorry I can't help you there." She looks over at Eric. "Is this guitar player a Minmay fan? Will he be playing any of her music?"

After a couplr of hours the pair met up with the others for some food and good conversation.

As the good doctor inquired about his status the previous night, Adrian shrugged. "I'm with luv on this one, doc. Sorry we can't be of help for now."

He then turns to Eric afterwards, "First night has been a delightful experience, I'll tell you that much and a concert sounds brilliant."

Eric looks over at Moira and shakes his head. "Naah. No Minmay in his library. He plays a different kind of music. But you should still love it. Don't worry though, you don't have to worry about the cost of the tickets. I'll cover all of that."

With a quieter day planned spent recovering from the effects of the night before (at least until the concert starts), you decide to play tourist and check out some of the sights of the city. You can see a interesting blend of old city and culture mixed with new. Much of old Rio was ruined by the Zentraedi attack, but the culture of the old city still lives on amid the newly built streets and buildings. Beautiful music and clothing styles are on every corner.

Later in the day, you head to the concert hall to see this guitar player that Eric is raving about. Quite a crowd has gathered up, and the ushers are working to let everyone inside to their seats. Soon, the lights dim as Joe Satriani comes out and begins to play.

The concert runs for almost two hours, and the music sweeps you up into a frenzy of cheering and dancing.
In case you couldn't tell, I'm a fan of Joe Satriani in Real Life. I highly recommend you checking out his music

Moira spends her day enjoying herself, free of the constant need to maintain a proper military bearing. From all her years in the Zentraedi fleet and now in the ASC, this is her first time being able to let go and totally relax. All the while that the team is out and about, she finds herself stealing glances at Adrian, holding his hand, and just wanting to be close to him. It is a new feeling for her, to be drawn to someone like this. Back on her old ship, she was in charge of a small squad and was responsible for the lives and behavior of her team. But, even with the close bond that developed between the women of her command, there was never the same emotional tie to a person the way she has now with this human. It is a lot to digest.

Later in the night it is time for the concert. As the guitarist beings to play, Moira can feel the bass thrum through her. Not being familiar with this artist, she does find herself enjoying herself, and makes mental plans to check out some more of this music for her own personal collection. Maybe I can get copies of his albums from Eric, since he likes this Joe Satriani fellow so much. He's sure to have a collection of his work.
The Mystical Potato Head Groove Thing? Oooookay, that's an odd name for a song. And here I thought you were a fan of Jethro Tull.

Heinrich was digging it, kinda, he had his preferences but it wasn't like he was going to crash the party. Though in truth he was still more worried about the last night to truly let go for the evening. Guy was pretty good with a guitar though, he had to admit that much, even if he spent most of his time looking out for one of those strange people amidst the crowd. He wasn't being called out to in admist this whole crowd, at least from what he could hear above the playing that was coming from the stage up front.

Naturally, Eric was all in from what he could see, Moira was stealing glances towards Adrian, the doctor himself was just more or less happy to be in the relative safety of the midst of his squad again.

Sighing slightly, the man rummaged through his pockets and flicked out his flask, taking a good swig before stashing it away again, hoping it would help loosen up abit from his worries.

it was all likely nothing, hell maybe he planned it? Playing a prank on his sober self!

It was a relaxing day for the team since most members were feeling the effects of the drinks they took last night. It was a good day, a day they can let go and be people for once instead of battle-hardened warriors. But Adrian could feel it deep inside that things won't always be like this. That something much worse from the last mission they had would come around and possibly screw over their day.

When night came and the concert was in full swing, he could see the lively crowd rocking out to the sweet tunes from the artist on stage. Adrian could feel Moria steal quick glances in his direction to which he answered them with a few looks and smiles of his own. He held her hand on his own and gave it a reassuring squeeze. He never imagined he would find love just like his parents did when they served as military personnel; but he was damned glad to have found it and vowed with all his heart that he would make it last for as long as they both lived. He knew it was all new to his War Girl so he'll try his best in helping her understand this new feeling she's having. He noted that the others are enjoying themselves too, especially Eric himself.

He spotted the doc pull out a flask and took a quick swig at it. The man looks like he's undergoing something; what it was, Adrian sure. He isn't saying anything to the team so he'll keep his silence on the matter for now unless it really is a big problem for the doc.

He made a quick scan of the crowd as well, noting that they were just as much entertained as everyone else. His attention returned to the stage as he could feel his head bobbing to the beat. Maybe he'll buy an album and listen in some more to expand his playlist, he'd better ask Eric when the concert's done for any recommendations.

Exploring the city - without any doubts one of the things that Fia fullly embraces, even after a rather long night. Thanks to modern science and good company, she slowly shakes off the burdens of the previous partying, and is mostly ready to rock when the hall doors open. Both music and atmosphere are great, almost everyone seems to enjoy the show, a damn good choice by the mechanic - she makes a mental note to buy Eric a drink later on as a small compensation, since he seems to be paying for almost everything... then she loses herself in the guitar sounds once more.

The concert runs for several hours of pure guitar rock and roll magic. It is late by the time that the final note is played, but after the energy of the show, it is hardly time to call it a night. From some of the other concert-goers you hear about a dance club that's nearby, and there is a bevvy of pretty girls that seem to be willing to have the Hussars escort them to shake their groove. Adrian and Moira are obviously a pair, but the rest of the guys have a few ladies eyeing you with the possibility that you might not go to your rooms alone. Fia is getting her own share of attention, with more then one person asking to dance with you.

Over the next couple of days, the team spends much time at the beach, followed later in the evening with more dancing and partying. Sometime during the vacation, Eric manages to connect up with a pretty girl that is a EOD soldier stationed at one of the many BSURPs in the Zentraedi Control Zone. The rest of you also manage to find friendly companionship (if you wish to) that helps to keep the nights from getting too lonely.

As your vacation time draws short, is there anything in particular you wish to do before you return to your orderly military life for your transfer up to Monument City?

It was a roller coaster of a vacation. The beach was relaxing, the food was delicious, and the parties were awesome; but what made everything all the more perfect was he spent it all with the woman who owns his heart. The pair spent a good deal of time together, getting to know each other, and generally exploring the reaches of their new relationship.He really wished they could stay longer and enjoy the wonderful feelings just a bit more but sadly it looks like it's coming to an end with only a few moments before their return to military life.

"Since we're going to be leaving soon, how about a quick run to the highest point in the area? Good opportunity for some photos and maybe burn the memory of this place in our minds too? If not, maybe we can run on to some of the shops and grab a souvenir before we go..."

Heinrich had somewhat recovered from his earlier experiences during that concert, sure he was still looking over his shoulder every day of the week for that woman in red and that gigantic other one... the two men seemed less problematic, but nonetheless confusing.

He stayed by his lonesome for the rest of the trip, finding comfort in his friends, not in that way pervs, but nonetheless he was still ultimately trying not to lose his head thinking about it all. He was to be well on his way to being an officer soon, he couldn't let something so small such as a night of blurry events and waking up to a mind fuck ruin it all.

"A good idea, if abit sentimental. being in a relationship with Cheesecake is turning you into an old man!" the man teased, though did think it was a good enough idea. "Our transfer will be right after we return, so be ready to collect your things again once we get back. Or not fully unpack, if that suits you." he mused for a minute, thinking about monument city.. he had only been there a handful of times, but never had any of them had this much significance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back