• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Army of the Southern Cross - OOC

Everyone's going main, gotta be different ;)
It might bite me in the ass soon for choosing something with less guns and more of a back-liner than a front-liner, but gotta take risks for Recon.

Well, its almost 2 am for me, so I'm heading to bed. I'll have our first IC post up in the morning.

Everyone's going main, gotta be different ;)
It might bite me in the ass soon for choosing something with less guns and more of a back-liner than a front-liner, but gotta take risks for Recon.
The EW capabilities of the scout tank can be very useful. You can scramble someone's systems with your jamming pods, and give everyone an advantage that way.

Actually thought about taking the scout tank myself, just felt like it didn't fit well with my character - think it'll be useful to have one of them with us.
Also, I'm pretty sure I have TV/Video as well - and the more of us can speak Zentraedi, the better, I'd say.

well! wake up and 2 pages of talk have appeared.

And now I'm the team leader.

ALL SHALL BOW BEFORE THE RIGHTEOUS FURY OF ORIKANYO!

Your brave leader heads off first.

I do hope you brought the bug spray.

Soon our first battle will be coming, and soon, we will start the customary nicknames.

Should ask, we still having that unspoken ruling on short posts?

Simple conversations and answering can be done with shorter posts to keep up pacing?

No need to write up a novel for the sake of two sentences eh?

If you want to make a shorter post, feel free to do so. Whatever makes you comfortable. I'm not needing a whole book every time you post.

If you want to make a shorter post, feel free to do so. Whatever makes you comfortable. I'm not needing a whole book every time you post.
Cool, I'm just gona get a bit of communication and info sharing done.

if I ever go over board with the good doctors... theatrics, please, let me know.

No worries on my part. I'm liking your take on the Good Doctor.

BTW everyone, don't forget that the main guns of the tanks can only fire twice per round.

No worries on my part. I'm liking your take on the Good Doctor.

BTW everyone, don't forget that the main guns of the tanks can only fire twice per round.
Ah right, thank you for the warning.

I'll get to the friendly part later, after we all get more settled into our roles and characters.

---Question/Clarification---

The ECM Jamming Pods on the Myrmidon are two right (as explained by the (2).)? So I can E-war 2 guys and it would only be free when one of the e-war baddies get knocked out? Or is there a charge limit for this?

---Question/Clarification---

The ECM Jamming Pods on the Myrmidon are two right (as explained by the (2).)? So I can E-war 2 guys and it would only be free when one of the e-war baddies get knocked out? Or is there a charge limit for this?
Here is a quick reprint of the Pods from the Myrmidon write-up:
In game terms, electronic warfare is debilitating to enemies and players alike. To disrupt radar, communications and targeting systems, the player first declares what he's jamming, then rolls his Advanced Electronic Warfare skill. A successful roll jams one system (comms, radar, targeting, etc.) for 2D6 melees, and a player can jam as many systems as he has jamming pods up to his number of attacks with a range of 100 miles (160 km). A mecha or ship that is the victim of a EWAR attack sees its combat bonuses reduced more and more with each system jammed. One system jammed reduces all combat bonuses by 25% and the target loses one attack and (as) they scramble to compensate for the jamming. Two systems jammed reduces combat bonuses by 50% and the target loses two attacks. Three or more systems jammed eliminates all combat bonuses, reduces the target's attacks by half and the pilot is reduced to visual aiming of all weapons and can only fight what he can see with his eyes.

You can either jam one system on two different targets, giving each the -25% to their combat bonuses and one attack, or use both pods to jam the same target by 50% and making them lose two attacks. Once a target is successfully jammed, the effects last for 2d6 melees, so you can go on to hit other targets on your next action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back