• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Are you not entertained? (Sci-Fi & Fantasy inside!)

Here's all the ideas from the previous two pages summarized:

Nasirian Knights -

In the Wake of a Titan - A land torn apart by civil war. Characters choose sides or fight for themselves.

Fides Exitialis - Refugees are forced from their homes and flee to a city that refuses to take them in.

The King's Folly - A prince is dead, a tyrant's on the throne, and the king he replaced is alive and insane.

When the Spirits Wept - Warriors try to avenge the deaths of their comrades by capturing a "holy" city.

A Crimson Symphony - The First Order fight the descendants of a former Knight from centuries ago.

Latent Truths - The Second Order go on a quest to find an artifact deep beneath a cursed lake.

Oath of Honor - The Third Order decide whether or not to betray a city so they can control it.

Blood Ties - The Fourth Order search for a descendant of an Ancient before a mysterious foe finds them.

House of the Great Light - The Fourth Order travel to the past (Babylon) to rescue an oracle from a deranged "goddess".

Death Upon Her Lips - The First and Third Orders support opposing sides in a war to control the citadel at Hureikhursa.

The Horde - The Fourth Order uncovers a mystery in a land of mysterious horsemen and their reptilian gods.

Retribution - The First Order assaults a city, but their attack endangers certain artifacts the Fourth Order must protect.

Inquisition - A game of cat & mouse erupts between the Third and Fourth Orders as the Third tries the Fourth for heresy.

Whisper - Psychological thriller involving the Second Order during a quest to rescue a human child.

Trials - An exile from the Second Order settles down with the Fourth, but not all is what it seems.

Battle of the Blind - The First Order leads a rebellion against an incompetent ruler.
Shadow of the Eclipse -

Change of Heart - Your character, former head of a police agency, defects to a "terrorist" organization which wants the legalization of cybernetics in their country. My character, Jerome, confronts them.

Pandora's Box - Jerome must defect to the same organization in order to save his beloved daughter. Your character(s) may either be the government officer sent to bring him in or an operative of the organization sent to help him.

For the "Alternate Universes" scenario (crossover of different AUs of this continuity):

Y-001 - A tech noir world but with a slightly more optimistic feel. Plans to destabilize world order are frequently stopped.

Y-002 - An insurgency in Nasiria (also exists in Y-001) succeeds and starts a war to rebuild their fallen civilization.

Y-003 - World War III. People who are sick of it flock in droves to join a group apparently dedicated to uniting the world.

Y-004 - Unlike the first three, this one lacks any significant futuristic tech and is mostly "modern".
Remember, you can always find more information about either continuity on these pages:

The Nasirian Knights. In-depth summaries of scenarios can be found here.

Shadow of the Eclipse. Skip to your reality of choice if not doing the "AU" scenario!

And, although it doesn't have individual plots, Project Oneiroi has its own site to peruse if you're interested!

So does Truth & Void, though I should be coming up with some plot ideas for it eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
About time for another philosophical/ethical quandary that could not only lead to some major character development, but also stretch players' critical thinking skills and creativity quite a bit! Could be a bit heavy for some though. (> :P )

And yes, I realize I've done more story ideas for the Nasirian Knights already, but bear with me. It's a great setting with lots of potential, in my opinion. Not to worry though; already refining some ideas for the others, especially Shadow of the Eclipse.

The Task - When Knights of the First Order must choose between mercy and cold necessity, suddenly they don't seem so united. They must make a choice that can have serious consequences for the future.

Many of the refugees from the former Volgi lands were never allowed to settle in Nasiria after the loss of their former home. Nasirians fear them because the Volgi are human. To the First Order, this is how it should be. Human blood would taint the purity of every Nasirian family who lost loved ones to the human Crusaders. But not everyone in the Order agrees. Now, the refugees, desperate and angry, are rioting along the border between the Mahmoud and Burhan caliphates - a situation their 'savage' neighbors in Dundia could take advantage of. Caliph Burhan Karif ibn Khazim al-Yasmeen has ordered the Knights to go out and exterminate them. Along the way, the Knights will have to make a tough decision: either to stay together and commit genocide, or split apart and possibly never reunite again.

Sort of fleshing out the initial premise of the whole AU-crossovers thing with Shadow of the Eclipse:

Everyone in the Y-001 fracture of the capital city, Elghara, is ushered off the streets and into hotels designated as centers for those unable to return home because of the strange field of energy separating them. But during the chaos, some brave the field and run through in the hopes of finding their loved ones on the other side. As police try to quarantine the perimeter, other people start appearing from the other side. What's strange is that a few of these are counterparts to people already on this side of the city, and some are even labeled as "deceased" by government records. While the RBI [Royal Bureau of Investigation] tries to straighten out this mess, Jerome witnesses himself struggling with some officers near the edge of the city. When he takes off running, this Jerome gives chase in the hopes he'll find out what's going on.

May include the other PC's counterpart in some fashion at the other player's discretion! If you think it's too soon to introduce one, or you have no ideas on how to introduce them, that's fine too.

I already know one person that will appreciate this one a lot, but thought I'd share it with everyone else anyway. If you've got a strong interest in the Vikings and/or their invasion of Britannia, this could be the plot-starter for you!

For the Nasirian Knights --

Rothgaard's Shadow - The Second Order goes undercover among Norse-like raiders to explore the ruins of an ancient city in the hopes of preventing any artifacts from falling into their hands.

Due to discoveries made four years ago by Faey'ia Talal, the Knights are now aware that the Ancients were enslaved to a species of reptilians known as the selva - meaning "snake eye" in ancient Nasiriac. But what they didn't know was if they had any cities, as many were destroyed in the Great Deluge. Finally, word arrives from scouts on the border between Ingria and Imagria that the Gaedicians uncovered the ruins of one such city with a temple as-yet-undiscovered. The Second Order decide to take advantage of a Rothgaardian invasion to send their own Knights undercover among the raiders to find and retrieve any important artifacts found in the ruins. But they must take care not to be discovered by the Rothgaardian leaders. These tribal warlords frequently fight among themselves, and they know to be cautious of conspiracy, both real and imagined.

I should still get off my bum and post this stuff in the group sections, but I still have some reservations about GMing one. I'd rather get to know people one-on-one first, then, if they're willing, slowly bring them together to "test the waters". As far as I'm concerned, that's probably the best way to set up a group RP anyway.

Also, RP is going really slow for me right now. Don't worry about me being swamped or unable to respond to you. (':3)

Here's two new ideas for realities in Shadow of the Eclipse:

Y-005 - A world where the native species enslave humans. Technological level between 004 and 001.

Y-006 - Same as above, but with roles reversed. Technological level exactly the same as 004 (modern).

Read more about each of these here.

No constructive feedback? No comments on the presentation? Oh well, it was worth a try. (:'()

I should've made this a poll thread and let people vote anonymously on whether or not they think any of these ideas are interesting enough to RP. Then they can share what they want to see. At least then I would know what to post and what not to post. Looking at the other interest checks, if it isn't high/heroic fantasy or something that allows wildly overpowered characters, it's gonna get buried. Yay for variety. But I can't blame anyone for their interests.

By the way, if you're ever stuck and not able to choose, just let me know what you'd like in our RP, and I can give you a few specific choices that match your criteria! Then we can work out the details and where the story leads as we go.

Disclaimer: If you'd like to RP, but rather not look through this thread for ideas, let me know what you'd like in our RP via PM. Remember, these ideas are merely plot-starters; I'm more than happy to develop any related plot with you!

How about a mystery thriller in a medieval desert setting?

Mockingbird (40 BE) - The Third Order must prove their innocence in a murder while protecting a royal family.

It's become common knowledge among the Knights that the Third Order are the experts at espionage and assassination. What few know, however, is how they manipulated events on a grand scale in eastern Nasiria, helping the Caliphate of Abbas put one of its own in power over Hureikhursa and the Sultanate of Abdhil. However, victims caught in the middle of the Order's schemes would often lose everything... except their anger. Now, as war between Sultan Raihaan Amiri of Hureikhursa and Caliph Abbas Nagib approaches, Raihaan's wife is murdered. Blame is placed on the Third Order as a whole, and Raihaan orders them all executed. The Knights must prove their innocence in what could become a dangerous game with a mockingbird hounding them at every turn. Meanwhile, Nagib's life is at stake when members of his family begin to disappear.

Yikes, tough crowd. That's okay though.

I'd actually appreciate having somebody join me in a plot involving their character as the human descendant of an "Ancient". No, they won't have super powers or anything like that (yet), but you can bet peoples will want to get their hands on said character! ... for entirely professional reasons, of course. xD After all, they're the key to unlocking some important secrets!

My character would be the crusading "nun" (hey, I can get away with it in a totally fictional, low fantasy world that isn't Earth) who's after them because she believes they murdered her foster mother as some kind of sacrifice. Little does either of our characters know, they'll be pulled into quite the adventure-conspiracy and hopefully learn more about each other along the way!

Or is that too much? (*^*)

Genocide said:
I might be interested in the first idea actually.
Yep, that story idea I just posted kinda stems from the first setting: the Nasirian Knights. x3

Did you find any of the four orders or numerous scenarios/plot-starters you liked?

If you can't decide, just let me know what some of your preferences and interests are, and I'll do my best to pick for you!

(^.^)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back