• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Are you not entertained? (Sci-Fi & Fantasy inside!)

Anyone else interested? I'd be happy to RP any of the three ideas! I just have a touch of "fantasy fever" right now. (^U^)

Now I'm no psychic, but I assumed the Third Order plot (Oath of Honor) would go over big with the crowd I've been running with ever since my first post about tech noir. It's got the same thematic focus on tough moral dilemmas and lots of intrigue!

For everyone else, I thought the Second Order plot (Latent Truths), The King's Folly or Fides Exitialis would be the most interesting. One involves a classic adventure to recover an artifact and the other two have major opportunities for character development (and establishment, for that matter)! Maybe I can convince you with... two pens?! (:B)

Y'know, I don't think I ever mentioned this, but anyone is more than welcome (I say that a lot, don't I?) to use a character that isn't Nasirian or kehlan in the Nasirian Knights continuity. Sure, humans will have it a bit more difficult, but that's just part of the challenge! Plus, you could have a Crusader, a mercenary, a pirate or Norse raider... sky's the limit!

I guess it might not be as interesting to many players because there's a lack of mages or paladins. In a way, I'm actually looking forward to bringing magic in, but I enjoy the process of building up to it! It's a shame not many share that opinion.

Ah well, at least I'll get to keep the vast storehouse of pens in my bottomless laptop case a while longer. x3

Sibylline Oracle]Of course! Did you happen to find [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/threads/are-you-not-entertained.171073/#post-4478441 said:
any particular Order [/URL]interesting? Their "genre styles" are listed in the opening post. ^^
Oh, yes! So hard to choose though xD

I found the Third Order interesting! ....And the First Order.... but let's go with the Third!

Good choice! I must admit though, I'm really surprised the Third Order is getting a lot of love and attention. I've not had the opportunity to meet so many players who enjoy a good noir-style intrigue. It's nice to know I'm not the only one though!

Do you have any character ideas? Also, do you want to RP the events leading up to your character's recruitment, or shall we jump straight in to the Third Order's main scenario from the start?

[QUOTE="Sibylline Oracle]Good choice! I must admit though, I'm really surprised the Third Order is getting a lot of love and attention. I've not had the opportunity to meet so many players who enjoy a good noir-style intrigue. It's nice to know I'm not the only one though!
Do you have any character ideas? Also, do you want to RP the events leading up to your character's recruitment, or shall we jump straight in to the Third Order's main scenario from the start?

[/QUOTE]
Yes! I'm quite interested to see where this all goes. Also, I've PMed you!

I'd throw another plot for the Nasirian Knights out there right now if I wasn't convinced there may already be more than enough for a start. xD That being said, I put a fair amount of effort into these and thought they may as well be seen. As usual, I've cut the summary up into a bite-sized read, but if you ever want to learn more, you can always find them here.

This time around, there's a new scenario for the Fourth Order and something for a crossover between the First and Third!

House of the Great Light - The Fourth Order travel to the past (Babylon) to rescue an oracle from a deranged "goddess".

Death Upon Her Lips - The First and Third Orders support opposing sides in a war to control the citadel at Hureikhursa.

House of the Great Light (42 BE) - The Sibyl of Tunisi, who lives among the ruins of the ancient city Ketresh on the forbidden isle of Tunisi, is the only Oracle few have ever seen face-to-face. Although rare, the Sibyl of Haiz could receive visions from her. Now, after many years of silence, the Guardian of Wisdom sent a vision asking the Guardian of Faith to send for the Ephors and the Knights of the Fourth Order. She foresaw her abduction by a cruel goddess named al-Drynn and knew that only the Lotus dancers could find her again. Yet none of the Knights realize they are about to become a part of history. When the life of one is pit against the lives of many, the Knights will have a difficult decision to make.

Death Upon Her Lips (41 BE) - When Abdhil cast his brother Sayid out into the desert, the Third Order brought him to their headquarters in Majdyah, where he made his proposal to Caliph Abbas to aid him in retaking the throne. The resulting bloodshed which led to Sayid's death and replacement by the one sent to help him, Raihaan, missed only one person who could be a threat: Abdhil. Deranged and broken, Abdhil wanders the desert without purpose... until the First Order finds him. Now, with the true sultan of Hureikhursa at his side, al-Amid plans to usurp power from within the citadel. But can he beat the Knights of the Third at their own game and restore Abdhil to power without resorting to a suicidal attack on the world's most impenetrable city? Or will the Third Order maintain their control and end Abdhil's life once and for all?
Aside from these two, I devised two new "realities" for Shadow of the Eclipse: Y-002 and Y-003. Here's a quick comparison of all three there are now. There's more in-depth information to be found on them here.

You may recognize some of the names. That's because Shadow of the Eclipse is a more sci-fi oriented AU of the Nasirian Knights' world! Or is it the other way around? Why quibble over semantics? ( :P )

Y-001 - A tech noir world but with a slightly more optimistic feel. Plans to destabilize world order are frequently stopped.

Y-002 - An insurgency in Nasiria (also exists in Y-001) succeeds and starts a war to rebuild their fallen civilization.

Y-003 - World War III. People who are sick of it flock in droves to join a group apparently dedicated to uniting the world.

Now I should probably take a break before "burning myself out", but to be fair, I love coming up with ideas! Sure, I can't go on forever creating new ones, but let's just say I grew so accustomed to it over the years it's hard to imagine a week when my imagination stops working. Funny how it stuck with me all this time without letting up! (^.^)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll get my own reply up soon by the way! Just sorting out some others, as I wasn't able to yesterday due to Uni.

[QUOTE="Archangel Galdrael]I'll get my own reply up soon by the way! Just sorting out some others, as I wasn't able to yesterday due to Uni.

[/QUOTE]
I understand. December's a difficult month for everyone thereabout. Take your time and do whatever you need to do before posting. I'll still be here when you get back. ^^

So it's probably about time I posted about Shadow of the Eclipse, huh? Well here are two ideas I've had rolling around in my thick skull. They both take place in Y-001, a tech noir setting with strong socio-political themes about technology, fears of the unknown, and how far one's loyalties can be stretched!

Change of Heart -

Jerome investigates the mysterious disappearance of the RBI (Royal Bureau of Investigation) attorney general (possibly the other player's character) from a local hospital after the latter had been injured in an explosion. As it turns out, the attorney general had defected to NET - a group who wants to force the government of Ingria to permit their research into cybernetics. Why the general turned and how this affects duty-minded Jerome are the main themes.
Pandora's Box -

Jerome's adopted daughter, Sadinia Pandora, is found to be dying of an injury that can only be cured with illegal cybernetics. Now he's forced to commit treason if he wants to save her life, following in the attorney general's footsteps and defecting to NET. The other player might play the role of an agent sent to stop him after he goes missing, and/or they could play the role of the NET operative sent to help Jerome get Sadinia to safety. Basically the same as above, but with roles reversed.
Also, I can say I have ideas for Project Oneiroi too, but since the whole point of that RP is the mystery and conspiracy, I fear it may remove some of the suspense if I gave away too much! Let's just say that after our characters get situated in the project, they'll wake up one morning strapped to a chair being interrogated by someone they don't recognize. The plot will invariably get stronger by then. x3 If you've got any ideas too, please share! There's plenty of room for others' creativity.

So I'm taking a break from generating all these ideas today to give some of these other ones I've already posted a chance to be seen. To make it easier on everyone so you won't have to go scrounging through the thread for them, here they are in one/two-sentence summaries. Remember, these are just plot ideas; for the settings, you've gotta look in the opening post!

Nasirian Knights -

In the Wake of a Titan - A land torn apart by civil war. Characters choose sides or fight for themselves.

Fides Exitialis - Refugees are forced from their homes and flee to a city that refuses to take them in.

The King's Folly - A prince is dead, a tyrant's on the throne, and the king he replaced is alive and insane.

When the Spirits Wept - Warriors try to avenge the deaths of their comrades by capturing a "holy" city.

A Crimson Symphony - The First Order fight the descendants of a former Knight from centuries ago.

Latent Truths - The Second Order go on a quest to find an artifact deep beneath a cursed lake.

Oath of Honor - The Third Order decide whether or not to betray a city so they can control it.

Blood Ties - The Fourth Order search for a descendant of an Ancient before a mysterious foe finds them.

House of the Great Light - The Fourth Order travel to the past (Babylon) to rescue an oracle from a deranged "goddess".

Death Upon Her Lips - The First and Third Orders support opposing sides in a war to control the citadel at Hureikhursa.
Shadow of the Eclipse -

Change of Heart - Your character, former head of a police agency, defects to a "terrorist" organization which wants the legalization of cybernetics in their country. My character, Jerome, confronts them.

Pandora's Box - Jerome must defect to the same organization in order to save his beloved daughter. Your character(s) may either be the government officer sent to bring him in or an operative of the organization sent to help him.

For the "Alternate Universes" scenario (crossover of different AUs of this continuity):

Y-001 - A tech noir world but with a slightly more optimistic feel. Plans to destabilize world order are frequently stopped.

Y-002 - An insurgency in Nasiria (also exists in Y-001) succeeds and starts a war to rebuild their fallen civilization.

Y-003 - World War III. People who are sick of it flock in droves to join a group apparently dedicated to uniting the world.
Remember, you can always find more information about either continuity on these pages:

The Nasirian Knights. In-depth summaries of scenarios can be found here.

Shadow of the Eclipse. Skip to your reality of choice if not doing the "AU" scenario!

And, although it doesn't have individual plots, Project Oneiroi has its own site to peruse if you're interested!

Today, I want to try something different. Maybe someone will like it, maybe they won't. All that matters is they don't get cold feet because of my silly tendency to want to share some ideas with others! Rather than bring up new stories for any of the three settings I explained in the OP, how about a brief detour? This is an idea I've only used in my own stories, but I feel they could be neat to play out in an RP! (':3) As always, here's the ideas in brief summaries to start with:

Truth & Void - Massive crossover "fanfic" continuity with lots of in-depth lore and existential themes. Includes a lot of sci-fi and fantasy continuities alike, and many different storylines! Could be interesting to "brainstorm" on at least.

Truth & Void -

It starts at the beginning of the universe, when everything was being formed. Nobody "today" realizes it, but there was a reason for it: the machinations of Corona, who lacks either a singular or multitudinous presence, in a struggle with the latent Omega Continuum. Upon the exile of Corona to the expanse between galaxies, it/they merge with the Route of Ages to form the Abyss (Andromeda) and create offspring which manipulate events to some ultimate end known to some as the "Shade". Meanwhile, the first of the Alterans (Stargate) evolves, and the rest... is history. The actual RP may start with the ronay civilization of Garternay (Myst/Riven), but there's more potential starting points than that! Actually, I may include it in the small "trifecta" of ideas in the OP and start posting specific plots/scenarios I'd like to RP with someone!
Before anyone tells me I'm crazy for having all these ideas seemingly at once, don't worry. This idea I've been writing stories with for years! ... okay, I worked on it on and off a lot, but if it end up used in RP, I'd be more consistent in working on it! Besides, if there's anything I enjoy best, it's the chance to write out ideas with others. (o'v'o)

Seeing the creativity of others while roleplaying with these ideas is also too great a chance to pass up! ( ;) )

Another idea I had recently. I'll keep it brief again, as usual. (:#)

Shadow of the Eclipse -

Y-004 - Completely modern alternative to Y-001 through Y-003. Meant for the "AUs crossover" idea. More here.

Something tells me all these choices may be causing "analysis paralysis". Please don't let that get in the way! If you just PM me with your interests, I can make recommendations and we'll be good to go! (^.^)

Now back to our regularly unscheduled programming... an idea I had for the Nasirian Knights!

This time, it's a story idea for the Fourth Order, so it's meant for fans of mystery, conspiracy and noir.

The Horde - The Fourth Order journeys across the tundra and plains of Imagria to investigate an empire of "devil's horsemen" far to the west, who may know more about the Ancients than they let on. But the Knights must face off against an organization that wants to keep this knowledge a secret by foiling their investigation at every turn...

Rumors of a vast and powerful inland empire beyond the western borders of Imagria keep many Nasirian merchants from traveling so far over land. But that didn't stop one merchant who, secretly encouraged by a human friend, traveled west to Rothgaard... only to acquire a scale vest a Rothgaardian raider had "appropriated" from one of the empire's powerful nobles. The Fourth Order quickly caught wind of this when the merchant brought the vest back to Nasiria upon some tragic news regarding their family. As it turned out, the vest was made of the scales of a long-extinct sub-species of kehlan. Now when the Knights return with the merchant to the heart of Imagria, they will find a startling truth about the Horde. Yet when one of them tries to tell the Great Khan the truth, the Order finds itself a target of the Imperial Censorate... who know more than they let on. Now the only question is what are they hiding, and why?
Strangely enough though, I'm in the mood today for anything mystery-oriented, particularly if it has a noir feel. Started a new RP for Shadow of the Eclipse and found myself inspired to do a little more mystery with the Nasirian Knights too. (:3)

I wasn't going to reveal his for a while, since I thought it might be a tad-overused idea in RP. Still, I recall putting a lot of work into it, and since I went back over and edited the site, I figured I might share it anyway. I apologize ahead of time!

It's a sample/preview of an idea for the Truth & Void setting which might give us more leeway in where and how we can build the continuity! To summarize, it follows a group who work together to travel between universes to accomplish a goal.

Unlike Shadow of the Eclipse, which sounds like a similar concept, these are actual universes being traveled between. As a result, they can be practically anything the players want them to be. But this isn't just your standard "metaverse" RP... oh no, it's quite different. Characters are bound by the "rules" of each universe they visit, sort of like Shadow of the Eclipse. When one enters another universe, they take on a new form that better acclimates them to the new setting.

Another difference is that I would only play a single character who remains distant from the events, and any NPCs we need can be roleplayed either by me or the other player(s). Oh, and that's another thing: this might work well as a group RP!

But bear in mind I'd rather RP with separate groups of players that roleplay well together than try and put together a bunch of people who don't know each other well. Last I tried that, outside SoE, it initiated an OOC "Final Commission" (Nasirian Knights reference) which ended our RP indefinitely and began my reluctance to take part in most group RPs.

Over the past day and a half, I managed to develop about six new ideas for scenarios. But, as I'm sure introducing them all at once would probably just overwhelm people with "too many" choices again, I'll introduce them one or two at a time.

If you can't tell, they're for the Nasirian Knights continuity. (' :) )

Retribution - The First Order assaults a city, but their attack endangers certain artifacts the Fourth Order must protect.

With the might of Murrakach and the eastern Arlanni Valley, the First Order can finally return to Zubabdeh and force the Carlosian Crusaders out. The Sultanate of Abdhil has already secured the surrounding lands, so now all the Knights of the First must do is face the renown Order of Sandraudiga - their equals among the Crusaders. However, while the First fights to take the city, Knights of the Fourth Order have secretly infiltrated the First in order to protect and retrieve the only known manuscripts of the Tyyrhan Scrolls hidden in the depths of the emir's palace. Should it come to it, the two Orders may have to make a decision: whether to save the city or save the scrolls... and a treasure of Ancient artifacts.
Inquisition - A game of cat & mouse erupts between the Third and Fourth Orders as the Third tries the Fourth for heresy.

Shortly after the Fourth Order's discovery of the human descendant of the Ancients, Faey'ia sent a messenger to the Ephors with the news. Instead, the messenger is intercepted by the Third Order, who decide to show this information to the caliph of Abbas. As they planned, the caliph declared an inquisition to find and put the Knights of the Fourth on trial for heresy. Now the Knights of the Third have the casus belli to travel out into the desert and seek out those of the Fourth. Along the way, a dangerous game of cat and mouse is played with the unaligned nomads and traveling merchants becoming unwitting pawns of the Knights. Will the Third Order expose the Fourth's heresies and put a supporter of the Third in power over the Fourth, or will the Fourth put a stop to their plans and maybe gain an advantage over the Third in the process?

Last idea I'm probably going to post before the holidays. Sharing new RP ideas of this magnitude during the holidays makes about as much sense as sitting in an empty room and having a conversation with the air. ( -_- ")

Whisper - Psychological thriller involving the Second Order during a quest to rescue a human child.

While in the marketplace of Kalifal, a Knight of the Second Order meets with two very strange women: an elderly one and her granddaughter. What's odd about them is that the elder speaks through the younger. She offers the Order her knowledge of the keystones used to summon the sorcerers from the Ethereal Shackles... in exchange for their help in retrieving a child imprisoned in Kahilsukra. The Order's leadership decides to launch a rescue mission which just might lead to another journey - one which could lead to a showdown with the whispers of the Ancients themselves.
I'll be back though! You can count on it.

03cdc403aa7003509e083c9d46b69ff2.jpg

So... my holidays ended early. Lucky me. So here's another idea I may have to repost later because almost nobody's around until they get their family obligations out of the way. Ugh.

Don't let that fool you though. I had a pleasant holiday, and hope everyone else does too!

I figure the descriptions used in those other scenarios may not have given you all any idea of where to start. So, hopefully, the description for this scenario will give you an obvious option you can take when creating a character. ^^;

The Nasirian Knights --

Trials (41 BE) - An exile from the Second Order settles down with the Fourth, but not all is what it seems...

The Second Order doesn't tolerate repeated failures, and those who can't meet their expectations are exiled. This time, they've exiled one into the deepest recesses of the desert. After days of wandering, the Knight would encounter a Knight of the Fourth Order in a camp of merchants. There, Knights of the Fourth kept the merchants entertained as the so-called "Lotus dancers". Now the Knight will have a chance to learn about the keepers of the Lotus and their beliefs while something - or someone - else lurks in the shadows...

Know what? Although I'd still prefer 1x1s, I'm starting to wonder if I should branch out with these ideas. If nothing else, they could be 1x1s with the potential to be group RPs if any players want to step out of the 1x1 setup. So, to that end, I'll start with a lovely little post about Shadow of the Eclipse in the Sci-Fi section and see what happens!

I'm still a tad afraid to post the Nasirian Knights in the Fantasy section, if only because it lacks magic at this point. I've had many Fantasy players already tell me they wouldn't get involved in it until that point. It sort of makes me a bit miffed, since I feel usable magic isn't necessary to make things interesting. It's like I'm forced to throw away nearly half of the ideas I was looking forward to developing with others in RP. Then again, I knew it was a niche genre going in.

I also know it's that time of year again, so I shouldn't expect much. But who knows? There's exceptions to every rule, right?

Hey! I would enjoy doing any of the plots listed above! I like your guidelines and expectations, would you like to RP?

[QUOTE="Edric Yuma]Hey! I would enjoy doing any of the plots listed above! I like your guidelines and expectations, would you like to RP?

[/QUOTE]
How could I say 'no' to a fellow grammar Nazi? ( :P )

I can send you a PM for a story idea, or you could pick one to start off with. Whatever floats your boat!

[QUOTE="Sibylline Oracle]How could I say 'no' to a fellow grammar Nazi? ( :P )
I can send you a PM for a story idea, or you could pick one to start off with. Whatever floats your boat!

[/QUOTE]
I'd prefer to plan out a plot a little more, I shot you a pm! :)

Writing up a fancy invitation for the Sci-Fi section is turning out to be a challenge! I'm sure I'll get it done soon though. ^^

In the meantime, here's another plot for the Nasirian Knights! Once this thread hits page 3 (post #50, give or take a few), I'll include a post that lists all the ideas already included in this thread. (^.^)

Battle of the Blind - During the struggle between the Caliphate of Abbas and the Sultanate of Abdhil, mamluks grew increasingly powerful. Their desire for conquest could be focused by an ambitious and charismatic Knight of the First Order. But to do so, the caliph must be opposed. Abbas Jalal ibn Selim al-Yasmeen is incompetent and could lead the best chance for unity in eastern Nasiria to ruin. As a result, a new sultan must be groomed to replace him, and a war in which the odds are against the Knights must be fought to the last breath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back