• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

GoodUsername

I'm a bored, broken person
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Arcadios - The Kingdom of Mana

Welcome!

I have had this idea rolling around in my head for some time and now I'm looking to work on them. DM about them and I will share the greater lore that they have.

The World of Arcadios.

This is a rather big fantasy idea I have had rolling around in my head for some time. I'm a huge high fantasy fan - Dragons, Lots of Magic, all sorts of Mythical creatures, Magic Knights, etc. I love all of that so much that High Fantasy often shapes a lot of my ideas.

Arcadios - The Kingdom of Mana.

This is a world of epic, fantasy proportions heavily inspired by big RPG video games and anime. It is something with a bit of everything and more where "The Rule of Cool" governs so much XD

Arcadios is a magnificent Kingdom in the sky, held aloft by Mana waves that great magic minds harnessed in times before their rise to the Heavens - Before the Dark Day. Now, the citizenry of Arcadios lives their days above the clouds. The sun is gorgeous, the moon is ethereal, the stars so close one would think they could reach out and grasp them.

It is not a perfect utopia and sees its fair share of trouble from within, and from the outside in the form of airborne invaders from other, smaller clusters of civilization and from notorious Sky Beasts.

They have their own protectors, however.

The Stars of Arcadios, the peacekeeping force.

And, Risen Phoenix - A Guild for Adventuring types that want to see the worlds beyond Arcadios.

They can, given the members have special permission to use The Mana Sphere - A teleporting magical device that is capable of sending folk to various locations. You can think of these places like "Dungeons" where they can fight enemies, carry out missions and explore. There is a multitude of them, and the need for certain necessities, rare items, or the counter the dangers that the Seers warn them of, there is no shortage of adventure.

It's a big world. It's one I want to build on, and I hope to. There is a lot more to share and feel free to approach with questions.

I'm not going to bore you with the lore details unless you find something like this is to your liking.

RPs will take place in DMs. Discord is too small, and I guess I just don't want anyone judging me if I posted my mediocre idea publicly XD

DM with interest.

Oh? Any questions?
It feels directionless, and the dungeon part is too videogamey. Flying islands are awesome tho. Hmm.... Can I add stuff in?

Some sort of goal would be nice. How about the King declares a gigantic contest for all throughout the land, to find the strongest of the kingdom, with promises of wealth, honor and power. The reasons behind it unknown.

That like One Piece's call for action, mobilizing and inspiring all adventurers, mercenaries, duelists and champions to move participate in contests and duel each other.

About the dungeon part... Stray Islands. Islands that fly without a set pattern, so many of them are not visited for years or centuries, so they basically work like dungeons with strange creatures, treasure and ruins. Gotta use the flying island setting to its fullest!

What do you think?

It feels directionless, and the dungeon part is too videogamey. Flying islands are awesome tho. Hmm.... Can I add stuff in?

Some sort of goal would be nice. How about the King declares a gigantic contest for all throughout the land, to find the strongest of the kingdom, with promises of wealth, honor and power. The reasons behind it unknown.

That like One Piece's call for action, mobilizing and inspiring all adventurers, mercenaries, duelists and champions to move participate in contests and duel each other.

About the dungeon part... Stray Islands. Islands that fly without a set pattern, so many of them are not visited for years or centuries, so they basically work like dungeons with strange creatures, treasure and ruins. Gotta use the flying island setting to its fullest!

What do you think?
Yeah, I never posted it with much of a direction in mind - not right away.

All of those ideas though I am perfectly amenable to, they sound great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back