• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Any Partners? (Custom Plots, Fandom Plots, Always Open!)

Martyin

Obsessive Writer
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello,

I'm in a search of an RP partner.

Read the bold sentences for the short answers.

Personal Information.

Name: Ethan

Alias's: Ethan Unken

Languages: English

Timezone: Eastern

Note: I vastly prefer communicating over Discord. Ask me and I'll be happy to give my discord.

Experience: Wrote custom fantasy and fandom RPs for fifteen years. RP'd on a lot of forums, in DMs, on Tumblr...

Gawsh, I've been writing for over fifteen years. A handful of my favorite characters have existed in some form or another during those eleven years, and they've all evolved and grown because of the time and influence they had. My very first discovery of RP occurred on a wolf website, I was quite obsessed with those animals as a kid (still am cough), and I simply stumbled onto a chat box and... That's where I learned to RP. Next, I somehow had discovered an online game called Furcadia. It was more of an online-social... thing, and as a kid I didn't understand the 'furry' reference. But in that game I stumbled upon a Pokemon 'dream', where I began RPing as an Umbreon... There is when I met my first RP partners, and where my imagining really kicked off. From that day forward, I spent every day designing characters and writing to improve my skills. Then on I just sort of wandered across the website, creating RP forums and joining them as I went, until I settled with a select few RP partners that turned into my closest friends.

But years ago I've lost all but one of those partners, and that last partner doesn't even quite enjoy RPing anymore. I need to expand myself and meet more folks, but I've been somewhat insecure about it... Now, however, I'm chiefly interested in meeting other creative people.

What I want in an RP partner.

No one liners. Two or three paragraph length please. The bigger the wall of text, the better! I can totally respect and appreciate casual one to two paragraph RPing, but I want to challenge myself a little! I'm an author, and I need to write, so a partner that provides a lot of detail would be wonderful not only for RP, but also to help me improve my own writing.

I like detail, I like rambling. I LOVE giant walls of text. I love reading giant walls of text about your characters, be they OC or canons. Much of my own inspiration and motivation comes from my partners amazing detail, and the truth is I'm not that choosy, even just two informative paragraphs are very nice to read.

I enjoy those that like to steer and control the plot. I enjoy those that are eager to either plot with me, or simply throw our characters together to see what they end up doing. Those who are understanding, patient, and willing to talk plots or characters out in detail are a good fit with me.

Roleplay Information.

Here is the important stuff. Keep in mind that it often changes and updates to get more and more coherent and quick to read.

My Post Length: My replies are almost always a minimum of two or three paragraphs, and sometimes I can deliver giant walls of text. This doesn't require you to match my length, if anything, I only require replies with at least one or two paragraphs from my partner. That is to say, if we're 20 posts into an RP I'm not gonna require or deliver giant walls of text. But if we did end up doing that through the whole RP, that'd be great.
Really, I'm more laid back then I might seem.

What I usually RP: My absolute favorite pastime is creating entirely new and unique worlds and civilizations, with complex societies, politics, and history. I really enjoy starting out with a very simple and flexible template for a civilization, make it unique and a fun place to explore with your beloved characters and have them survive in it. It's enjoyable to create a basic template of a big civilization and leave it open for more and more things to add onto it. It's a little tough to explain, but much relates to what I talked about in my experience.
But when it comes to fandoms, I'm not very experienced in that regard, simply because I don't really meet anybody that RP's canon characters. I'd like to explore fandom RPs a lot more with canon characters, either by MLP or through Batman, preferably!
In fact, I've been really wanting to use my OC's in a Batman-universe RP, with whatever characters you enjoy Rping from that universe.

I'll be honest... I love interacting with villains/anti-hero characters. I find that I am extremely intrigued by characters who play the role of a "villain," but are still complex, can be sympathetic, and aren't overly cruel. Lately, I've found that I am basically craving interaction with this kind of character. Something super intriguing... Not necessarily to experience cruelty or horrible actions, but to know that those characters are capable of that, and exploring all facets of them.

I enjoy using child characters, and family-situations. I really don't understand why I don't see more people RPing kids out there... I enjoy using young versions of my characters, or even just including an extremely young character along with an older one. I feel that Rping as children is simply fascinating, and characters reacting to children can often be a lot more interesting than using two adults. However, keep in mind that not all my child characters are actually what they seem to be.

Trigger warnings: There are some genre's I do enjoy tapping into, such as gore, murder, drug abuse, and similar things. Gore and violence are usually the more common things I like to involve in my stories, as I really do tend to love darker themed plots... I am very comfortable with avoiding triggers and I really don't judge you for your quirks. There is no way that I would be happy with making someone uncomfortable, so even if you have a problem with a tiny bit of gore but still wish to try RPing with me, just let me know! I'm more than capable of RPing without needlessly dark or graphic themes.

Weaknesses: I really don't enjoy romantic RPs. Sorry, I'm just bad at them; bad at diving into those feelings, bad at the sensual implications, bad at all of that. So I would rather avoid it. I know it has it's place and all, and if our characters do end up being shipped naturally then great! But I can't plan out a ship and force it, it just doesn't hold my interest and makes me uncomfortable most of the time. This doesn't mean I don't joke around or avoid it like the plague, it's not a trigger for me. I'm just... really bad at it.

Other writing weaknesses include repeating words and sentence structures,. I need more experience and inspiration from others like you.

Plots, Characters, Wants.

Fun stuff!

If you got a plot you wanna try out, feel free to suggest it! I'm very open to new idea's.

Custom Characters

NOTE: This is very outdated!
I need to update this to get a list of OC's on here...

Most of my characters are OC's. My character library can extend to over 100 people, but I have a large handful that I've designed a bit. Many of them are flexible enough to be dispersed into almost any type of plot or setting, be it a fandom, fantasy setting, or.. whatever. Some characters I do enjoy reusing, as the different plots and characters they come across can cause different unique changes to them. Truthfully, sometimes I really DO just like throwing my favorite characters into any scenario to see what happens. I'd love for many of these handfuls to get to know your OCs, and your favorite canon characters.

Kano and Kenji Neverth

Below is a link directed to a forum post on this website that contains info on the twins; however, the link is extremely outdated and they have evolved a little bit since then. Generally the idea is still kinda relevant though, so I kept the link.

Here.

I really want to use these two in an RP sometime. While I've had these characters for many years now, I haven't had many opportunities to use them. Though they were created originally for the Batman-verse (and I'd REALLY like to see them interact with characters from this verse), they can be adapted quite easily to fit into any world.
Just let me know if you're interested in interacting with them.

Plots/Idea's/Settings/Fandoms

NOTE: This is outdated as well... As you can probably tell by the dates. I don't know, it'd be nice to meet some people and hash out an idea together. I'd love to dive into a Batman RP I suppose? My two characters Kano and Kenji would be good to kick start some kind of plot...

Custom Plots

Me: Character A
You: Character B

(Added 08/27/2020)
This one is a bit vague, it's got great potential for plotting between the two of us!
Angels universe. Watching Lucifer has encouraged a strange fascination with celestial lore, and I really enjoy the take on all of the angels being brothers and sisters that speak casually about the dawn of time, and what not. I have some angelic characters in mind already; if we could work together to find a fun plot set in this universe, that'd be great! Talk to me, and I will have more to share.
I will edit this with more details at a later date.

(Added 7/07/2017)
Lookin' to see if I find the right person to do this RP with! Very intrigued in this right now.
This setting involves primitive humans back before the time of civilization. Humans are surviving day to day, hunting down food, with the most advanced tools being spears and fire. We can discuss how intelligent or simple they are, such as whether or not they're more like animals driven by instinct or more intelligent like modern day humans.
Character A is a young-ish human that belongs to a big family group. Males are the majority of their group, and they're facing overcrowding, even overhunting in their territory in order to feed everybody.
Character AB (an assortment of characters that are evenly distributed between us. You'll play a character or two, and I'll play a character or two) are part of a different family group that live in a distant territory. Their family group is tiny, and have more females than males, as well as no children/young members to their group. They have no problems with hunting, but lack manpower and future hunters. The leader has deemed it necessary to search for an outsider to join their group (which is extremely rare), and decide to take one from the distant neighbor family group that Character A belongs to. Negotiations and peace does not exist between these groups, so Character AB decides to kidnap one young member (which ends up being character A) and bring him back to their home.
This was inspired loosely off of a documentary I watched some years ago. Scientists hypothesized that one asset of Neanderthals behavior was that they'd rarely kidnap a stranger (usually a woman) and have the new member become part of their group.

(Added 7/06/2017)

Character A's been afflicted with a very peculiar curse; one day he'd wake up to notice that he suddenly has a single horse ear on his head. Three days later, he'd wake up in bed again to find that he has a reptile tail.... Two days later, he'd wake up to find that his human arm was replaced with a lion's leg, and this curse would continue on until he looked like a completely mismatched creature. Why or how he was cursed is something that can change from setting to setting, but I feel like there can be potential with using this type of character in this RP. I hope to ask for your thoughts on this! Personality-wise he's generally meant to be the 'young plucky and spirited protagonist' that has to overcome tough odds in order to keep going, but recreation of this character can result in any kind of personality. My preference is that this character is a child, as well.
Let me know if you're interested, this idea needs further development. (How or why does this happen to the character? How do they resolve this? How does the world around them react to his predicament? Is this setting in modern-day, or in a fantasy world? All of these can be developed in the plotting phase!)

(Added 12/29/15)

A fantasy setting filled with magic-users, such as wizards. Character B is wizard King, and is plagued by nightmares and prophecies of an impending doom, yet they don't know what kind of doom is coming. A foreboding sense of danger and terror badgers the King, and as omens confirm his strange fears of a dangerous future, he knows something must be done. All of his wise men fail to aid him. Nothing unusual happens just yet, and nothing tells the King how he must prepare for this impending "doom".
One day, a mysterious yet well-known seer visits the King. She's known for her rare yet humble prophecies, and has yet to be proven wrong. With her delivered prophecy, the King has his first hint of how to understand the powers beyond his world.

When the sun's lightening strikes Mount. Holly, a master of new magic will be born.

Events transpire to prove the seers prophecy true, but struggles and challenges arise. PM for more info if interested!

(I love sorcerers!!)

In a world of sorcery, where wizards and mages are as common as destructive monsters that destroy the land, Character A is a young, seemingly humble lad that arrived with a magical spear said to be crafted from the gods themselves and a ridiculous amount of magic power and control has come onto the scene. But as he vanquishes the monsters, he vanishes and keeps himself hidden every time. Soon a powerful, well-known wizard (character B), whom owns more land than a King does, finally locates the weapon-bearer and attempts to gain something he's wanted all his life, but his power hasn't been able to give him.
What does the wizard want? That's up to you.

Fandom Plots

Mostly in need of canon character RPers. I have never actually RP'd with canon characters of... any kinds... before. :/ I'd like to change that...

Bold = Fandom I really wanna dabble into.
Italic = I've got no specific plots, shoot me messages if you have a plot you wanna do.

Doctor Who
I'd like to have a character interact with a Doctor someday if anyone's interested! The doctors I'd be most interested in meeting are Tenant/10 or Smith/11, but any of the others are great. I'd also be interested in meeting and OC!Doctor if you had a custom regeneration form, fem!doctor or otherwise. Plenty of mysteries and plots can probably be thought up for this one.

Plot:
A young man has an alias as the author to a very odd, yet extremely popular series of books. These fictional tales were known for being out of the box, and quite strange, yet contained many elements that mirrored real-life issues in the present and had helped to shed light on minorities that often suffered from discrimination (helping to portray the struggles of minority races, LGBT, poverty, and mental disabilities/conditions/disorders). Some of the most impossibly entertaining events occur around some of the most ordinary, yet captivating, characters in his books. But, he always signed these books with an alias, not allowing the general public to be aware of his true identity.
On top of that... These books were written throughout different points of history, all from the same author.
No one but him would ever know who wrote these creations, but it turns out, the author was a bit of an anomaly. Upon going to sleep one night, the author would dream of a certain time period, and find that he'd wake up in that time period, completely unaware as to why or how he got there. Weeks later, he would sleep one night, then wake up to find himself in a different time period. Jumping from the past, to the future, to the present, he could not control wherever he was being sent, and this was a 'curse' that lasted his entire life.
Seeing as he has no way of obtaining stability, and no control over this freakish phenomenon, the author rolled with the punches, simply trying to survive in each timeline as he observed the struggles of man (and sometimes alien, as he occasionally was sent far into the future) and often translated what he saw into exciting, fictional tales.
The RP starts with the Doctor casually meeting this seemingly normal young man. An intelligent and charismatic young adult, they would share some polite chitchat in their first meeting... and that's it. Nothing special.
Than the Doctor finds this young man again, 500 years later, jump-starting a peculiar mystery. On top of realizing that this person was the sole author delivering these books to the world.

The Walking Dead (TV show, or Telltale video game)
I love apocalypse-style scenarios, and zombies are generally my favorite. I could certainly enjoy a setting similar to the Walking dead, though don't quite care if it's canon or not. If you'd like to do some WD canon storylines, that's just fine and dandy! I'll have to stick to RPing my OC, unfortunately.
Though when it comes to the telltale video game, I can RP kid Clementine. C: Otherwise, still using OC's.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I have an OC that I can use for any MLP RP.
tumblr_ophlaewf6H1u059lwo2_1280.png

Batman(Kevin Conroy WHOOO!)/Justice League/Young Justice - DC universe
I'd very much like to use Kano and Kenji in an RP setting like this.
I'm also able to use different OC's, or create new ones, depending on what you'd like.
Seriously, I'd still like to interact with characters from this universe. Please take a look at Kano and Kenji's information linked above to know what sort of characters I'll be using. If you aren't interested in seeing the twins, yet still want to RP some Batman-world stuff, let me know and I'll happily create or suggest other OC's to use.
A brief reminder that I'm... simply not good at RPing canon characters. :/

Gargoyles (Disney TV show)
I wonder how many people remember this show? It's a good one to dig up and look back on, it really does feel like Disney's answer to the Batman series in the 90s (back then it was shocking to treat kids with respect in TV shows). Wonderful characters, wonderful use of Shakespeare classics, wonderful mix of fantasy and sci-fi and modern day.
My dream is to interact with a specific character, David Xanatos. Anyone that is happy to roleplay as David Xanatos will be eternally beloved by lil ole me~!

Last edited:
Hey, I'm kinda interested in roleplaying with you. You could pm me and we could work on further details if you'd like.

Great! Thanks for the reply, I'll PM you both.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Ethan Unken]I can often get uncomfortable during very heated acts between involved characters, and we may need to fade to black when scenes become 'passionate and heated', shall we say.

[/QUOTE]
Hopefully, you won't run into this problem - RP Nation is a safe-for-work, non-erotic roleplay site. Fade to black is ALWAYS the way to go here. So, if anyone gives you trouble or tries you make you roleplay something you're uncomfortable with (even if it's in the private messages), you just send a report in and we'll take care of the rest.

Hey! It's good to know that I'm not the only one who does crazy children... Do you do Victorian roleplay? I've got a little girl, who doesn't have a name, that might be fun to introduce to your Thomas, but she's from circa 1900.

I'm not very experienced in accurate Victorian era RP, even though Thomas was meant to originate in the late 1890s, but I don't see why not. It shouldn't be a problem for these two characters to meet, Thomas ages differently which will allow him to meet your character.

If any others are interested, I'm still looking to meet many creative Rpers~

I would love to roleplay. Im a huge fan

My school is done! Free time is upon me! I have added two more custom plots. All the bumps.

This thread is nearly a year old... Wow.

I'm still here updating it, too. C:

I'm interested in "A fantasy setting filled with magic-users, such as wizards. Character B is wizard King, and is plagued by nightmares and prophecies of an impending doom, yet they don't know what kind of doom is coming. A foreboding sense of danger and terror badgers the King, and as omens confirm his strange fears of a dangerous future, he knows something must be done. All of his wise men fail to aid him. Nothing unusual happens just yet, and nothing tells the King how he must prepare for this impending "doom".

One day, a mysterious yet well-known seer visits the King. She's known for her rare yet humble prophecies, and has yet to be proven wrong. With her delivered prophecy, the King has his first hint of how to understand the powers beyond his world.

When the sun's lightening strikes Mount. Holly, a master of new magic will be born.

Events transpire to prove the seers prophecy true, but struggles and challenges arise ". I cannot PM yet since I"m still new, but if you could PM me for details I'd be very appreciative!

Edited things up and added a bit to the thread! I'm very much on a DC/Batman TAS kick lately!

I had realized earlier that I never added a section of what I want from my RP partners. Now, I've added it, so hopefully folks are a little more aware of what I'm looking for.

Are you still in search of a partner?

I can easily do MLP and have been craving Digimon for awhile now. I could probably pull off Hellsing too should you so desire. While I used to watch Gargoyles I sadly remember very little of the series. ;-;

Your custom plot involving the dragon is an option too.

Yep, I pretty much always am still searching~ Thanks for posting.

I'll shoot a PM your way so we can discuss more!

Modern slice of life does sound enjoyable to me, though it may depend utterly on the plot that's brought up. Do ya have an idea you'd like to share with me? If so, feel free to shoot me a message!

If you are still looking I would be up for Digimon. Like you I can sometimes do a wall of Text if I'm really really into a Roleplay xD I have a Few plot ideas in mind already. If you are still up for Digimon shoot me a PM and I can throw my plot ideas your way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back