• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Amulet: The Parallel Arc

Character form
Name-Naala
Age-21
Pronouns-She/her
(opt)Sexualtiy-Bi (Preferred woman)
Appearance-Blond hair tied into a highponey tail with streaks of bright pink. Blue eyes and wears makeup, Likes to chew bubblegum. Clothing style is bright neon hyperpop. Black ripped shorts with mismatched neon stockings and white and pink shoes, Off the shoulder crop top with a bright tank top underneath,lots of jewelry/bracelets/earrings. Wears fingerless gloves and bright makeup.
Personality-Optimistic and acts like a older sister. Super petty and can hold grudges, extroverted and likes to talk to girls she has romantic interest in. Loves animals and likes to be kiddish at times.
Other-

Character Form
Name- Chester
Age- 24
Pronouns-He/His/Him
Sexualtiy- likes Guys / Girls are meh!
Appearance- biker style so he rides a motorcycle, he has short hair long fringe that’s black with red highlights, dark brown eyes l, is fairly pale but mainly from all the dark colours in his style. Wears ripped/torn black jeans, black worn out converse, white plain tee and a black leather jacket with all kinds of rock band patches. Black midnight nail polish and black choker, several rings, (black and silver) bracelet is like a beaded friendship bracelet. has a little sister who is at uni (18) , who he talks to and was the first one he opened up to about liking guys. He has a thing for shy and reserved guys, who are also into gaming and fashion to a point. Likes to work out also.
Personality-He’s quite shy and reserved and polite, especially on meeting him for the first time, but once you get to know him flirty side comes out and personal space isn’t really a thing, can be huggy at times, but isn’t one to flaunt it in others faces more huggy when they are alone not so much in public.
Other-

Last edited:
Narrative - introductions
The city was bustling with sounds through the streets echoing as passer by’s made haste with their daily activities. Whether that was going to work, gym, cafe or just out for the present day.

Lila who is young twenty years of age was moving into to a new apartment with her partner ‘Kasper’. They had moved from the outer suburbs to be more in the city. A good opportunity for them two had arrived, them both snapping at the chance to take it.

They had been together about three coming on four years, they had talked about getting a place together and starting a family, but only when they were settled down.

Lila was petit, long black lavish hair, very gothic vibe with her plaid skirt which was purple, her punk ripped crop top and high knee platforms, but she’d always have something girly mixed in there too her make up was subtle not heavy, nor was the nail polish she wore, how could it her partners was always better than hers and he never let the secret out to how he got it so perfect!

The movers unpacked all their stuff and they were both left ready to start their new journey together in their new home.

Lila looked at the boxes then back at Kasper walked over to him wrapping her arms around him “well we did it, we finally made the big move, how you feeling?” She said looking at him her eyes sparkling as they always did, so much so she wound find occasionally her having to repeat herself to Kasper when talking to him.

She dropped her arms and grabbed his hands “so do we unpack or go exploring first, there’s so much to do I’m so excited.” She said practically jumping up and down like a child.

The sun was drawing down as the darkness began to engulf the City and the lights were brightening up, they had a top floor that had a balcony, she dragged Kasper to the balcony “I think we have time to watch the sun set up aka. Few things and tomorrow go explore, I know how much you love a cafe so we can always go see where the nearest one is?” She said as she watched the sun set. Hugging into Kasper she looked up giving him a small kiss on the cheek, then turning her gaze back to the sunset.

Kasper, 20 male who had finished loading in the last of the boxes. He stood up, wiping the sweat from his brow. Pale and tall who is built well. Sandy coloured hair with a black bandana. Eyes a dull olive colour that framed his face well. Wears a multitude of earrings/rings and other jewelry. Wears black nail polish and is quiet and reserved.

"Yes we did." he said, moving boxes around. "Im feeling no different. Something new to shake things up sure." He touched held her arm as he got back up from bending over from moving boxes. "I would rather unpack as all these boxes here are going to be overwhelming to unpack the later we push it off, and we need a bed to sleep in. We can get it out in one go but if you wish, we can go explore the area."
"Your practically vibrating as if your on a sugar high." he noted. trying to calm her down. "The sunset looks lovely from this view. I read somewhere that there was a cafe near here famous for its pastries. Still open. We can go and head out, get some treats and watch the sunset there eating something perhaps. up to you."

The cafe, "The coffee bean" was known for its drinks and deserts. Quiet and quaint. Good meeting spot for friend groups and quite popular.

“Sure did!” Lila gleamed “I guess it makes us feel no different but still. It’s exciting?” She said looking around.

She looked around also overwhelmed with the boxes surrounding her. “Yeah your right besides we don’t wanna sleep in a boxed castle, let’s clear some boxes while we have the chance.” She said determined as she picked up one of the boxes almost falling back but managed to steady herself.

She thought on Kasper’s question “perhaps we should see how many boxes we get through and see in a couple of hours how we’re feeling, we’re still gonna have to get food in we have nothing right now!” She said placing the box down sorting through it.”

“Exploring the city would be exciting but don’t wanna exert ourselves on our first day here!, I’ve never been to the Big City before!”
She looked at Kasper and indeed was acting like she was on a sugar high, she couldn’t help it, she was so excited to finally be moving in and now moving forward with the one she loved dearly. The one she hoped to marry some day.

“sorry it’s just all so exciting!” She stopped peering out at the glorious sunset “it is beautiful, just like you!” She said booping him on the nose, followed by a soft gentle kiss to the cheek.
As Kasper mentioned food Lila looked over at him “famous pastry cafe, sign me up! I think we should can’t work on an empty stomach now!” She smiled.

Lila got herself ready tidied her hair into a half up half down do. Applied a bit of make-up and sprayed some spritz of tropical surrounding her she twirled and smiled. Then came out “ready?” She asked linking her arm through his as the headed to ‘The Coffee bean’.

Outside Chester pulled up it was cheat day and you know what that means a pastry from the best in the City. All he could think about was this sweet Danish pastry that was calling his name. Placing the helmet on top of the bike he locked it up and held the door open to Lila and Kasper. Not paying much attention, having food on the brain.

"it can be." he said nonchalant. Looking out the window. "the paint is peeling. I would like to get that prepped but that would be farther down our list, isn't as bad as it can be but dont want it spiralling out of control."
"Wouldn't mind it but it sure wouldn't be comfortable." Unlike lila who just wanted to stuff everything in boxes and call it a day, he was more sensible, labeling the boxes with what was inside it so they weren't opening boxes in attempt to find what they were looking for. "here it is." he said holding a huge box filled with the duvet and blankets. "pillows are over there. can you go get it please."
"Well look at the room. Lots of boxes everywhere. We also need to wait for some things to arrive from the moving truck. I would like to sort the kitchen out as everything in there is in boxes." he said, motioning toward two boxes with fragile printed all over it.
"I have been in a big city so moving back here from the quiet suburbs to the loud bustling city isnt a huge change, guess im used to it."
"Thank you for the compliment love." he said giving a rare seen smile to her. Something that always made lila's heart flutter. "It will be nice to see this often. The skylines are also a nice backdrop."
"Yes i am. you look lovely, lets get going." he didnt do much. Just freshen his light makeup, they both made their way to the cafe.

Kasper nodded a silent "thanks' to chester. While lila ordered her thing, he looked over the pastries and picked out a pineapple puff pastry. the last one.

Lila sighed “your always thinking so many steps ahead!” She smiled “but you need to relax just a little it was stressful moving, you don’t need anymore stress on top.”

“Hmmm, I guess your right, let’s get this over with, I don’t wanna see another Damn box again.” She said leaning against the one with the duvet and pushing it over by accident. “Whoops!”’she yelled.

She leaned away as Kasper finally found the duvets now thanks to lila and her clumsy self. “The pillows, sure I’ll grab those!” She ran over grabbed them handing them to Kasper.
“sure thing love, I’m on it?” She said running over to the kitchen boxes and sorting it.
They spend a couple of hours sorting the boxes and getting the he last bits off the truck as Kasper answered about living in the city before.
She turned to him “you don’t sound excited to move back, I thought this wound have been a great chance for us to you know… expand soon or something.” She said loking around the room sorting the last box she wanted to do.

As they looked out into the sunset as Lila gave her compliment, Kasper gave back a warm smile true it was rare to see but every time it was worth the wait, the smile wound just melt Lila every time.

She smiled and twirls around once more “you think? Thanks kaspy!” She said.

Inside the cafe Lila thanked Chester for holding the door on the way in she went up to the counter and started to make her order of a Belgium bun and a cappuccino. Turning to Kasper she asked what he wanted as he pointed out the pineapple puff pastry

Chester held the door nodding at them both and following Kasper in saying “no prob bro!”.

Chester queued up behind Kasper and looked over and he has the same idea as Kasper he wanted the Pinapple puff pastry.
Chester couldn’t help but speak up tapping Kasper on the shoulder “bro excuse me, sorry I erm.. you see those are my favorite and I’m on a cheat day from the gym is that the only one available? It’s skit got great post work out boost in the pineallpe sweet ‘n’ savory you know?” He said knot actually asking what he wanted. But getting distracted but the glow from Kasper in-line anything he’d seen before. His chestnut brown eyes met with Kasper’s dull olive tones eyes for seconds and then he proceeded to say “never mind, ignore what I just said.” He said rubbing the back of his head as the pastries were handed to Lila.

"because Its better to be prepared for anything. This is going to be the house we start a family in. I want it to be perfect. you know?" he said, Checking the cabinets to see if they were in good shape. "dont want this house falling down on use while we sleep. Fine. But ill be finding some ways to get that patched up." he said. Not seeming to relent on checking every nook and cranny. "Dont worry about that." he said walking over to pick it back up. "least it wasnt anything fragile."
"Thank you." he said unboxing them. "hm. there is another box over there, might have the couch pillows. check for me will ya?" he said. "these are the bed ones. though there might be more."
"Sorry. Guess it was just something i never thought i would be somewhere like this again. Its a great chance and im glad you came up with this instead of staying in the suburbs. A good place to grow up."

Kasper looked at chester with a blank face and turned back. "I see. It is the only one. Sorry to disappoint you. And yes im aware of the flavour. I got for it since its light on the stomach. Not as sweet and sugary as the others. more natural. if your going to ask something, be more straightforward." When lila gave him his desert he turned around and handed it to chester. "here. consider it my thanks." When lila questioned why he gave his pastry away, he said nothing. passing it off as a "not hungry anymore." He handed her the money for the pastry he didnt eat. He held the door for lila so they could go to the balcony and watch the sunset. He leaned over the balcony, Eyes glazing over the bright sky.

Lila smiled toward Kasper “I know and it will be.‘I know it will be.” She rolled her eyes but smiled.

“I guess so, oh right yeah!” She said going over to the box Kasper pointed out. She pulled out a couple of couch pillows holding them close she placed one by one each individual pillow onto the couch. “We really have too much stuff!”
She said sitting in the couch flaked out in all the pillows. When I’m actually fact they didn’t have too much stuff it just seems a lot when organizing and unpacking.

“Yeah I guess so, there is just so much opportunity we can make some new friends, have them over for dinner? Go out on dinner dates and in the future perhaps play dates for the kids” she smiled at the thought.

“I’m sorry if here wasn’t where you wanted to be I just think we were very, you know isolated where as here it’s just bustling with life!”

Chester quickly waved Kasper off “oh no bro it’s cool, life doesn’t just hand everything we want on a silver platter it’s cool shouldn’t probably watch them anyways you know, fresh manicured nails can’t ruin these babies!” He said slightly nudging Kasper.
“It’s nice to talk to people while waiting for food, makes the food come quicker though I don’t normally have anyone to talk too, too many people of business around here I miss the suburban life, oh thanks bro just reminded me to water my plants when I get back and top up the bird feed!”
“light on the stomach, I mean I know pineapple eats your insides does that make it light?” He questioned chuckling a little.

Chester was shocked by Kasper’s act of generosity. “Bro I can’t take this it’s your pastry. You pay you eat! It’s cool I can get some oats!” But as Kasper said take it as thanks, Chester questioned “thanks? Thanks for what asking to take your food choice?” He giggled but held on and watched as they both headed to the balcony. The sunset was beautiful so he grabbed a hot chocolate and some oats along with holding the pastry Kasper had given. Paid and headed out to sit on the balcony. He had nowhere else to be he lived alone here.

He sat down a table or two behind Kasper and Lila and pulled out his phone scrolling away eating oats. He had a call come through from an ex that kept hounding him “Lawrence for the final time, I need you to pick the stuff from the apartment, no your not using it for solace to store your stuff in fed up of the boxes, it’s bad enough I had to move here gassing my will for you now I have to pay this place off myself least I can do is keep it…… you what? Arghhh whatever go do whatever it is your doing.” He out the phone down swirling the spoon in his hot chocolate.

Lila had been talking Jon stop about the excitement she had, plans she was making things she wanted to do.! “Well guess I’d best pop to the little ladies room!” She said as she headed to the bathroom. Leaving Kasper alone looking at the sunset. So he thought.

Chester stood behind him on Kasper’s shoulder was Chester’s hand holding the pastry. “ thanks for that but I can’t see someone go hungry on my expense. I appreciate the gesture. You guys must be new here I’m Chester I live in the apartments just over there!” He pointed out the exact same location is where Kasper and Lila now live.

"we lived in a smaller house, it had more rooms but the rooms were smaller. this is more open so it definitely feels like we have a lot but once we set everything out, we highly dont have enough to fill every room. Guess we can fill it up as we move on with decoration and such. I peffer still keeping my plants. Probably fill a room with them."
"Perhaps. Getting to know who we are living with would help a bunch. Perhaps tomorrow, after we unpack some boxes go meet the neighbors."
"Oh no dont worry about me. its a grand place. come on. these boxes arent going to unpack themself."
"Thank you for the compliment." he said giving a nod. "Moved with my girlfriend. I would rather be somewhere else, back at my home in a smaller quaint town. had everything but she wanted somewhere less isolated. Didnt say anything about it." he tilted his head. "plants? Nice to know you also keep plants. I used to have my house overgrown with them, not in a bad way. I still have the house, glad we didnt sell it...she didnt sell it. Glad i have a friend there who is willing to water the plants so they dont die." he brushed his hair out of his face, the few strands that fell out of the bandana. "Perhaps. its something that really kicks you in the face. I call that light. kicks you with force, not with sugar if you get what i mean."
"Not anymore. its yours." he said blankly. Not taking no for an answer. "for holding the door open and talking to me. you act like you have short term memory."
"I told you, not hungry. besides it isnt the end of the world if i dont have anything this one time. ill get it sometime later. not sure." He said not taking the pastry. "Hello chester. Im kasper. We actually just moved in to the same apartments. Perhaps you can come over when the building is done and check out the plants that i managed to bring. lila didnt want the room to smell of dirt and such but i thought she wouldnt mind but enough about me.. Well if you want to that is." He stared in silence at the sunset. the air breezing through his plaid flannel sweater and hair. He looked majestic, ended shortly when lila came back.

Lila nodded “sounds great we can get some like pictures and stuff and maybe a rug or something?” She said thinking on ideas.

Lila sighed at the idea of a room with plants but shrugged “I guess if it’s just one room that would be fine maybe one one the balcony?” She said as she moved along placing things away.

“Yes that wound be amazing maybe we should buy a cake or something for them? Oh we can do a house viewing for them have them come over food, drinks and music can dress up it’ll be great, nice idea Kaspy.”

“Yes sir!” She said jokingly and started unpacking more.

————————/

Chester looked down at Kasper “ yeah I was away from here, same thing actually though mines an Ex now… he wanted everything to do with the whole city clubbing every night, drinking the whole lot. Me I was sat at home with fern… my plant she needs like high maintenance all the time and yes I do name my plants!” He chuckled.
He stopped “wait you care for plants too? A house overgrown with them!” His face lit up “oh you’ll have to reel off the list to what ones you have! I’d love to see pictures I can imagine it’s a beautiful house. Hey can never have too many. Apparently I got called Sissy by my ex for keeping plants but they just speak to me and are such good listeners you know.” He nodded. “Glad she couldn’t sell it that would be devastating, glad you got someone to water the babies! They will still need attending too!”.

He sighed “sure do the bittersweet taste gets the old taste buds going for sure!” He chuckled.

“Man, that’s just called basic courtesy. Don’t need to buy a pastry for that, but being bought a pastry by a cutie is a win.” He said opening the packed stuffing his face with the pastry so the “cutie” part was muffled.

“Errrrm kinda do…I forget a lot of things it’s cool though I remember how to ride my motorcycle so that’s the main thing and how to function… sorta” he said taking another bite.
“Alright bro I’m just saying here” he tore the pastry in half “have half, my treat for you being so cool! Plants and all!” He smiled his eyes gleaming.

“Kasper, sweet name dude!” He said taking another bite “you did??? Sweet how spooky? I mean such a small world, how did I know I’ll be neighbours with my favorite pastry stealer I just met! The world is aligned” he laughed.
“You mean it? I mean sure yeah I’d love to, be more than happy to I spend most of my time on my own with my plants be good to share some tips and see some of these great and I imagine exotic plants you have!”

“Wait she didn’t want the plants… but she’s a girl? They like flowers right? Well honestly if you ever wanna bring more and have somewhere to store them I’m on the top floor if actually I had newbies moving in next to me? Could be you guys 10B is my place?” He said smiling like a child that was just told they could buy a toy in the toy store.

Chester looked in awe at Kasper as he looked majestic in the sun set over him, why did he all of a sudden see him in a new light, same interests, same love for plants, same building like it was destiny. He saw all of Kasper’s demeanor change as Lila came back.

She walked over and sat down “oh can I help you?” She said to Chester, he looked at Kasper and shook his head. “Just thanking your boyfriend for the pastry. Was kind of him.” He said looking over “oh okay well we gotta discuss about the house warming and stuff. So I was thinking.” She trailed off pretty much dismissing Chester standing there. He turned and walked back to his table grabbed his stuff and headed to go out turning back to see if Kasper was looking so he could wave.

"a rug would bode nicely with the room. The wooden floors could use some decoration." He said scrolling through his phone. "are we thinking cottage core or modern or something else. So we can match the room with everything."
"I guess ill take the balcony. It has a decent sized roof so the plants wouldnt be drenched when it rains." He noted, peering out.
"Dress up seems much. just saying hello and introducing ourselves. some baked goods with that would suffice."

"Ah, naming plants. I dont do that but sure wouldnt mind to start now. But Lila, says I get too attached so right now, just visuals for the apartment."
"So you moved because of your now EX? i can see why you stayed. after you dont so much for your past lover, hard to go back the way it was i suppose."
"Yes. Yes i do. And the house was a passion project. wanting something botanical so the first house i got would be the subject." he pulled out his phone and opened an album. Photos of the house popped up, the outside, all the side views, the inside. everything. He handed the phone to chester. "Here it is. I have a list of everyone i have, when i got it, how it needs to be taken care of etc. I like staying on top of things and being organized. I can go over the list if you like but maybe sometime later. its pretty long."
"She would if she could. Extra money and all. But i managed to drive her away from that idea. Though she isnt pleased with me for that."
"Well. its something. if you dont want it, ill toss it into the trash." he said turning away. "Im good. its for you after all. no need to share it with me."
"You can ride a motorcycle? hm. I usually walk or ride a bike. I can drive but its not a preferred choice.'

"Just a coincidence. Nothing more. and yes i mean it. Im not lying am i? I do find ways to get the more exotic plants so i have some from everywhere but have somewhat the same needs so im not running all over the place to get specfic things. some girls or people in generally arent fond of plants. Stereotypical that girls like plants. some do. some dont. different for everyone."
"If you are willing to. but i think im good, lila is quite set on no more plants. So i cant really get anymore even if i wanted to."
kasper nodded to lila. "A treat would be fine. we dont need to be extra" but lila shushed him quickly. He sighed. When chester turned to leave, he looked back at him and gave him a small wave before turning back to lila.

“I’m thinking modern the cottage vibe It don’t really fit city life and is very quaint.” She said dismissing almost .

“Sure fine as long as I can sit out there and not be attacked by them it’s cool. Question do we have to keep all these plant info books?? They are super heavy and there is the internet for that now?” She asked pushing the box over to Kasper.

“Why not dress up it’s grad occasion? It’s our first place together and to think we could be having littles running around also, guess I should I ask now, it’s as good as time as any? So shall we get married?” She asked still unpacking the boxes getting lost in one and finding a picture of them both and placing it on the side for them to look at.

Chester looked around “so what if you get too attached. I bet there is stuff she’s into and gets attached too? You gotta be allowed to enjoy stuff too! Otherwise it’s her way or the highway and trust me it ain’t fun being shut down for saying what you feel.”
He scoffed a little at the talk about his ex didn’t like talking to him now let alone about him “yeah it was pretty toxic, his way or the highway, this was the cheapest place I found find and it does me well. Though we got back together I know stupid me. But he had a way with his words that were now looking at it blackmail rather than him confessing his love. So some of his bits are still at the apartment.”

Chester felt the passion and excitement emanating from Kasper, started to make him feel all exctied to see the images of this house he spoke of.
He scrolled through the images in awe “this is like my dream, you own this baby? Woah! Amazing she’s stunning. I’m sorry to say this but you moved to this dump from this dream? I get isolation but this is a beauty!” He said hardly able to stop staring at the images of the house.
Chester nodded “that would be fab! I’d love to know more and the ins and outs. Soon maybe we found take a trip to the garden centre, check out some botanicals and get a tea or something after! I hear they have a sale on sometimes too!” He gleamed.
“I bet!”

“No,no don’t waste food! No need but I want too!” Chester smiled “sure do, my baby is sat down there, a pure Harley got some Force too! I mean sure could take you for a spin on it sometime? If you would like.?” He asked.

“I mean I wasn’t saying you were, but that’s neat exotic plants are just something… lucky you can get the same food like a one fits all kinda thing.” He smiled.

“This is true I guess your right in that case! I mean if I got a housewarming one she couldn’t say no!” He said winking at Kasper as if speaking in code.

Lila snuffed at the comment about thanking Kasper she didn’t really care she just wanted to talk about the house and exploring.
“Well what’s wrong with extra we’re in a new house honestlyy you’d think you just moved a card box outside in the garden instead of moving to a city of lights and fun?”

A couple of girl in their early 20’s showed up in the cafe all dressed up some more than others and all dressed for a party out inthe town.
One of the girls came to their table “hey there is this hot new night club opened on 5th street you should join us?” She blurted out.

Lila’s eyes lit up “Kasper we should totally go for a night on the town” she said all excited.
Waiting for him to answer.

Last edited:
"nothing wrong with it though." he said picking a box up. Unboxing it, He would rather live in a cottage, the feel would just feel more welcoming then modern but oh well. Lila wants modern. So thats what he wants..right?
"Well. sure.. and yes. I would peffer we keep them. The internet isnt well versed in botanical and such. Internet is good for the basics and some details here and there but the books are better. plus antique. keeping them." he said hauling it up and move it across the room. "I call dibs on the room next to the kitchen. you can take the other spare room over there."
"We are just going to visit some people at their apartment." he pointed out "i think dressing up is much but i guess thats me."
Kasper looked at the photo. "im glad you say that." he said turning around and took her hand. taking from his pocket, a black ring with thorn details. Simple yet elegant. "im glad to be the one you choose to spend the rest of your life with."

"Well. I love her so.." he said. Not seeming to look to be the type to stand up and voice his opinions or go against ones he loved. "its whatever. Blackmail huh? thats no fun. Hopefully you can get away from him. He sounds like a toxic rat. he is a toxic rat." he sighed. "wish lila liked things i liked. feel like a dog following aimlessly at this point but whatever. rant over." he seemed not used to sharing his problems. Nervously tapping the railing and looking back at the bathroom constantly. "well. lila said she wanted to move so i did..hurts a bit. but i guess city life suits her. not really my thing but oh well."
"Really? there is a garden centre? wasnt aware of that." he said checking it up on his phone. "sounds fun. ill go see when im free..."
"Sure." he said peering down. "from this view, she looks nice. the motorcycle was more of a side project. Lila says she would rather me use money to help fund a future child so thats being put down on the list."
"Alright. ill make a mental note." he said. Making a note in his head to get chester a plant.

"Well i just....nevermind." he relented. "we can do that." he turned away and stared aimlessly into the distance. "you can go. ill finish unpacking. get home soon though. I thought you wanted to watch the sunset together. guess not." after lila went off he sighed. Disappointed in today's endeavors. He walked back home, since the sun was setting it was pretty chilly. He walked up the stairs and heard noises coming from a hallway. He turned and saw chester and..?

The club was easly spotted, loud with bright lights. the bar had an assortment of drinks and other goods. It was bustling and pretty fool with two levels. lots of room to party. Naala just entered, right next to lila at the bar ordering some drinks. Her clothes were coloured so the black light made her stand out. she looked over to lila and gave a grin. "hey cutie! how is the club? brand new and just opened. honestly its such a improvement from sighs and wine over there. So watcha getting?." she was holding a beer in her hand and leaning against the table. looking at lila.

“I know but we need to keep up with the times Kaspy!” She said also grabbing a box and unpacking it.

She rolled her eyes “ you and your oldy woldy stuff.” She smiled sliding the box over so he could sort them.

“Sure of course!” She said turning away to hide her sadness, she hoped by now they might be staying in the same room. But she brushed it off and carried on unpacking.

“But what’s wrong with feeling confident in yourself? Like some like to dress up when they have the chance. May just be going to peoples houses but I’ll like to use some of the dressers I have”

Lila gasped shocked for words “OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH KASPY YESSSS” she yelled throwing her arms around him. “Always and forever I’ll be yours no matter what!” She said leaning in for a kiss.

“I can see you do, but if she bosses you around like telling you what to do what to like it’s the starting of something toxic trust me I know. Oh I hope so can’t be dealing with his stuff anymore it just hurts the one you thought you knew and loved just goes running off and finds another and uses you when they do something wrong or do something that makes them split for a day and back together.” He huffed.

“I’m sure there is something, you can be together and not really have a common ground? Right?” Chester placed his hand on Kasper’s shoulder “bro I’m gonna say this in the like 20 minutes we have been talking you have mentioned all she wants but never what you want she’s on a pedestal right now. You need some things that you can say actually I want to do this or I want this. Don’t let her wear the pants as it were. Equal it should be equal. You matter too in this. Don’t forget it.”

“Yup go there regularly it’s therapy in a way …” he said trailing off expanding about the plant sales and cottage style kitchen and house items they sell.

“I know right what a beaut! Errrr, there you go again saying what she wants. Bro think about what you want. Tell me now while she isn’t around just something you would like to do, see or say!” He asked softly and calmly gazed at Kasper.

Lila sighed “ well it will be nice to make some new friends and box unpacking can wait I’m tired of clearing them right now and I never get invited out. Bedsides the sun rises and falls daily I’m sure we will have chances to watch it together.” She kissed him and headed off a couple of girls saying in Kasper’s ear line “we got this perfect short dress that you can wear makes all the boys heads then” they giggled.

Chester had been to see Mr Robinson, giving him food and prepping it, new groceries in the house a fresh newspaper. He was just about to leave. “Thank you my boy. Wish there were more youngsters like you to help out.”
“No worries I’ll see you tomorrow for that game of chess!” Chester laughed.
He headed to his door and someone brushed passed Kasper hitting his shoulder fairly hard going straight for Chester. Pinning him against the door screaming at him “missed me chessy did you Miss me, ANSWER ME!” He streamed hitting him in the eye, a bruise would form in the morning for sure with that.
“Let me get my stuff and I’m outta here gotta head to the new club and chat with the ladies”
He snickered.

“I’ll be back here later to crash for the night and don’t say no or else…..!” He laughed.
Lawrence got in to the apartment
Chessy sat there on the counter too cold compress on his eye “just leave soon now!”

In the cloud the sounds were echoing around here and she smiled at the girls who invited her and put her in a small back gothic dress.
Lila noticed a popping coloured outfit that this gir was wearing who started to talk to her “oh it’s amazing first one I’ve ever been too! My boyfriend isn’t really into them much I can imagine the changes” she smiled “I’ll have whatever your having “ like giggled and smiled “I’m Lila, nice to meet you what’s yours? She looked at the drink confused but too a sip “it’s delicious I’m gonna have another one@ which she ordered.

"I meant for offices and such. We can sleep together in the master." he said quickly, noticing lila looked down. "I guess so. just do whatever. Forget i said anything." he said trying to move on away from the topic.
Kasper kissed her back. Both holding each other. "thanks." he said giving a small laugh. "was worried you would say no."

"I said forget it. Its fine. She loves me. I love her. I dont think it will get much more then that." though his voice was shaky. "i...just. I dont know anymore. It feels like its more distanced. I proposed to her today but something lays in the back of my mind that its not going to stay. In one piece."
"Well. I dont want her to be dissapointed me. Feels like a burden if that makes sense. I dont like disappointing people so i just shove whatever i want down my throat. Not like she cares. Doesnt ask about what i want so its not like i even get a chance."
"Wow. quite a variety. Im excited to go. The store were i used to live closed down so i had to travel further to get supplies. Not fun..But. But i did hear that a new one was opening so i do plan to make a trip back down there to check up on the house and the new store."
Kasper twisted a ring on his finger nervously. "I dont know." he said looking away. "i guess...not be here. Its loud and not what i ever imagined moving here. well. Guess the better wording is that i never wanted to be here in the first place but we did so thats out of the window." he shut up quickly when lila walked up the stairs. "Alright. you can go do that. Ill be at the apartment clearing boxes out."
"oh..right. yep. have fun." when hearing what the girls were saying he sighed. "wish i never even agreed to this...." he walked back to the apartment, cold and more depressed then he had been when the move was finalized.

Kasper looked at the person who rudely bumped into him. "hey. HEY" he shouted to get Lawrence's attention. "maybe see who your walking into." He walked straight up to him. "preferred you dont rudely bump into me then go pinning him to the wall. last time i checked, i didnt walk into the preschool." he said. "No i will not mind my business, your business is my business the second you decided it would be a good idea to walk into me."
"Oh and dont try to push me. Or i will push you back into the wall so hard you crack it." he threatened.

"I see. so your straight? shame. Your cute." she giggled. "im naala. Nice name. and of course. popular choice, so many people love it." she finished the bottle and asked for some water. "So you came with queer friends? sorry if you havent noticed but this club is more lgbtqa+ then others so im a bit confused why someone like you is here. no offense." she said finishing the water.

“Oh I knew that of course but errm, what am I going to fill it with I Don’t have anything to put in there?” She questioned tilting her head.

“Okay?” She questioned but saw he didn’t want to press the matter further so she dropped it.
She brushed the fair that had fallen In front of his eyes away and looked up to him “why would I say no, your everything I ever needed and more and I love you!” She said hugging into him. “I know I can get a little over excited with new things, but when it comes down to it all I truly want is for both of us to be happy and for you to be smiling that beautiful smile of yours”

Kasper’s outburst had Chester step back a bit “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to say anything out of my place. Woah you proposed today congrats dude that's awesome. Huh? Your having doubts it’ll last? Distance? It might just be that she’s focused on moving? If it’s the first time she might be scared but not letting you into that? Just see how it goes once your settled in two big moves today literally!”

Chester laughed a little “I get it, I’m exactly the same live to please at the expense of our own happiness. I’m sure she’s not disappointed in you, you just freaking proposed to the girl what’s to be dissapointed in that?” He said.
He looked away wanting to say something she sounded toxic and just like Lawrence from what he was saying and he’s been in Kasper’s position won’t say anything until the toxic one pushes them to the end and does the unthinkable. Cheats.
“I’m sure she does care…” he said unconvincingly.

“Oh man that sucks that happens all tm often recently businesses are suffering for some reason… but yeah that sounds cool, always good to know about all the plant stores the people who work there are super helpful too.”

“I know the feeling bro, I get that you know what same here! Loud noises are just too much it’s stuffy cramped and I just wanna be able to walk through the nearest forest or Gardens to just walk away in fresh air and release all my problems.” He he said dreaming on the thought . Stopping as Lila came back.

Lila ran to the side of the table Kasper was on hugging him and kissed him “thank you I won’t be long I promise just want to go check it out” she said taking the dress from one of the girls going to the bathroom before to change. As she walked out the bathroom she waved to Kasper she was dressed in a small black dress knee big black boots and a chocked necklace her her was half up half down. Different to her usual but she looked cute.

Lawrence looked back at Kasper “whaddaya want pipsqueak?” He called out loking Kasper up and down.

Lawrence laughed “oh please I see who I’m walking into…. Someone who doesn’t know how to keep their nose outta stuff that isn’t their business now free you little rat while I finish something only ADULTS can deal with.” He shoved Kasper. And pinned Chester once again.
Chester looked at Kasper panicked he can’t see him like this his eye bruised from where Lawrence hit him making him look weak as heck. “Kasper it’s okay buddy I can handle him you go make sure Lila is safe in the room don’t you get in there as well don’t need you both getting hurt.

Lawrence rolled his eyes “SILENCE CHESSY!” He brushed his fingers across Chester’s face “now ben decided he wanted to be friends so I’m keeping my stuff in here, and I’ll be back this evening when I get back from the club. Heard it’s a new opening. Gonna go check the scene. You best wait up for me….” He turned to Kasper “WOULD YOU JUST GET OUT OF HERE NO ONE ASKED YOU TO BE HERE YOU WERE IN MY WAY IN THE FIRST PLACE AND YOUR GETTING ON MY LAST NERVE!” Chester grabbed Lawrence’s arm before he could turn to try and hit Kasper.
“Leave him… I’ll be here. Just go!” Lawrence grinned “good boy! I’ll be back.”

He looked at Kasper as he walked “push you ha! Please your not worth my time pipsqueak oh and stay away from my boy….” He flicked Kasper’s forehead and walked off to the new club.

Chester ran to Kasper “shoot you okay man? He said looking him over checking he was okay, while he didn’t care about his own state.
“Thanks for stepping in but you didn’t have to its….this is normal for me. You kept Lila safe inside right?”he said brushing himself off and waving down others who peered their heads out the doors of their apparently used to this.

Lila was shocked “oh erm well I think so? I mean My fiancé who is male yes, but he like girls and boys just more favored to girls, so I guess it’s possible for liking both?” She questioned confused by her own statement.
“Aww thank you, so are you loving your style not many gothic vibed girls I see any more. The neon really makes your eye pop I must say.” Catching Naala’s giggle as of it were contagious.

“Naala? That’s a lovely name suits you very well, lovely name for a lovely girl! Oh really? Interesting.”
She looked around “oh errrm, I just met these girls down the cafe they gave me this outfit and everything, I wouldn’t say friends yet but they seem nice enough. Oh really? I hadn’t noticed… they just said they were heading to this new club and I tagged along” she laughed nervously “am I not suppose to be here? I don’t want to offend anyone just I wanted to make some more friends, my partner he’s more okay with the isolated style of life but I wanna be where all the people are meet some friends preferably girls I don’t really have anyone but him around and I’m sure I get on his nerves if I’m there 24/7 also… “ she said taking a sip of her drink “I kinda feel something off he seems like disinterested that we moved and stuff.”

Lawrence made his way to the club and headed inside heading to the bar next to Lila and Naala “beer now!” He demanded the bartender.

He looked over at Lila wrapping his arm around her waist… “what can I get you sweetheart?” He said Lila looked nervously towards Naala like she didn’t want this guy near her.

"well. i mean. You can do whatever. If you dont want it we can go save it for a guest bedroom." he suggested. "thanks but its really nothing." he said hugging into her. "love you as well lila. Dont know what to do without you." he didnt mention anything more and moved onto moving boxes filled with his things into the office.

"thanks." kasper said giving a nod. "distance doesnt seem the problem. something more then that but i wont say anything unless it happens."
"its fine. tired of spouting out nonsense to someone i just met. I dont know. Proposing was a bit out of the blue. she had asked me first if we should get married and i already had the ring. but wasnt planning to do it for a bit but i ddint want to disappoint her so i just ran with it."
Kasper looked her over and said goodbye.

"oh i dont know..Maybe an apology for rudley bumping into me?" Kasper grumbled, folding his arms as he walked over to Lawrence. "names not pipsqueak for your information by the way."
Kasper shoved Lawrence into the wall. "Your stuff is now my stuff. you enacted physical contact so now this business is my business" Kasper snarled. His demeanor still calm yet showing annoyance. Keeping Lawrence on the ground. "Sorry. I didnt hear what you said, i dont listen to those who act like pieces of crap." he hissed. "Lila is at the bar. besides i dont think you can handle any more, seeing how you just got punched in the face. Im fine getting hurt. got hurt worse then this. what can a little pipsqueak do to me."
Kasper looked back at Lawrence. Not backing down. "and no one asked for you to be here either. two sides to one coin." he said socking Lawrence in the stomach. "you act what you get." he said. Pretty annoyed he got flicked in the head. He dodged a punch Lawrence threw. "seems like your weak as butter. Stomachs are easy to get. Nice and open, and pretty sensitive."

"if its normal for you, then you should be leaving. I do not like to see you being acted like crap. forget about me. look at you." he said. "I told you, lila is at the bar. She dropped the plans of watching the sunset, saying that the sunset rose and went down everyday so we could do it later."

"Well. If you change your mind, im open. lesbian and a single pringle. And your one to look at." she said, flirting with lila. "No need to be complimentary, im the one to do that so i can pick you up." she flirted back. "thanks lila. I try my best to stand out. catching the eye of everyone. glad i caught you before someone else here."
"aww. Your sweet." she said. Leaning closer to lila. "oh really? no worries. Just wondered why you were here. Not offending anyone, especially not me since i get to lay my eyes on a gem like you."
"Well say hello to me. Im open for friends, or more then friends. your choice." she said getting another water bottle. "well forget about him. your at the bar, without him. so party to your hearts content. wanna head to my place after your done here?"

Naala hit Lawrence's hands away from lila's waist. "beat it punk. No one wants you here. besides why you flirting with a girl? this is a gay club. Go find some man to hit on, high chance you fail because you look like you just crawled out of a dumpster." she snapped. Grabbing lila's hand and drink. "lets go. creeps are everywhere." She hissed. Pointing the "creeps" at Lawrence.

“Yeah I think that’s best I don’t wanna waste it with like a few odds and ends you know?” She smiled “it is something, always, I with you too, truth be told I’d probably be in a huge mess if I didn’t have you by my side keeping me grounded.” She kissed him on the cheek and carried on unpacking.

“Ah that’s fair don’t wanna jinx it, I get that. Could be something of nothing.” He looked over “I don’t think that’s all your tired off mate? But it’s okay. I get that but sometimes you just need to vent. Better someone outta the circle than In it?”

“Bro, I get that you do what you can for the one you love, she’s special to you I see that.” He smiled a little jealous he would love to be looked at how Lila is looked at by Kasper.

“Why would I waste my time apologising to you pipsqueak?” He scoffed “well I don’t care for you name you look like a pipsqueak, sound like a pipsqueak and act like one so pipe that mouth of yours and shut up!” He screamed at Kasper.

“Get your dirty hands of me pipsqueak or else!” Lawrence bit back.
“Piece of crap? Who are you calling a piece of crap?” Your not better than something off someone’s shoe!” He laughed and Chester piped in “Leave him alone Lawrence!” Lawrence turned snarling at Chester “chessy please I’m taking out the trash right now honey!”
“Don’t you dare call me any of that! And get always from Kasper!” Chester argued back.

Chester looked over and was relieved when Kasper said Lila wasn’t around. For many reasons. He felt his face slight embarrassment hit with the comment Kasper made.
“Yeah but it’s fine, you don’t need tog et hurt for me, honestly I don’t knows why I’d do if you got hurt through my drama!” He said softly looking at Kasper.

“Leave it would ya!” Lawrence spat out. “Errrm your still the pipsqueak!” He yelled at Kasper.
Lawrence groaned as Kasper socked him in the stomach he rolled around for a bit before getting up growling and headed for Kasper but Kasper Dodged causing Lawrence’s fist to go at the wall causing a few cracks.
“OWWWWW FREAKING OWWWWW!” He screamed.
Lawrence headed out looking back occasionally giving evils toward Kasper.

Chester leaned against the wall “I know, I know I just want him to take his stuff and leave but he has some stupid control over me.” He looked up at Kasper and giggled through the pain “I mean how’s that for a first impression on your neighbor?” He stood up looking at Kasper’s face “I’m sorry bro, we’ll if you want I’m not doing anything right now? Lemme help you unpack the rest of you’re things? I’ll order in some food while we work and least your place will be up together and you won’t have to stare at boxes? Besides least I could do is offer my help when you just did what you did! “I owe you a solid Kasper! Thanks!” He smiled then flinched through the bruising coming up around his eye. “I’ll grab some water and a cloth and place it on my eye but I’ll be able to help! Yup can always show me your plants you have too, truth be told I haven’t stopped thinking about the fact my neighbor is into botanicals as much as me. Lemme get changed and I can come help. Come on in take a seat I’ll be a sec.”

Chester opened the door to his apartment it was quant with a cottage core vibe rustic wooden flooring, white walls, rustic dining table, Morden kitchen with cottage touches. A corner couch with a few sewn pillows and a patchwork blanket folded on the end. Chester went into one of the rooms and came out in lounge pants, and a zip up hoodie that was undone, no shirt underneath. He smiled grabbing a water offering some to Kasper. “So shall we get started in these boxes? Or you wanna investigate the balcony first? The suns just about to set, I don’t think you wanna miss this. I know it’s not with Lila but you still deserve to see the beauty.” He said smiling opening the door to the. Botanicals and the balcony over looking the stunning sunset.

Lila laughed “that’s so sweet of you. I’ve only ever had one person interested in me and that’s him. You are cute yourself.” She said sipping her drink.

Lila blushed what was this feeling it was just like when she met Kasper and he said all those nice things to her, was she… no she couldn’t be.
She brushed the thoughts.
“your too kind but it works both ways compliments can come from both of us. Well you certainly do stand out and your style is of the hook that outfit brings out your appearance in a good way. Haha snapping me up trust me I don’t think anyone would be that interested in me” she said looking at Naala.

Lila didn’t mind Naala leaning closer, in fact she returned it getting closer to Naala “yeah I didn’t realise kinda feel bad for it. But I’m here and having a lovely time.” There it was again another compliment giving her butterflies all again. She leaned her head against Naala’s shoulder. “Your the gem not me.” She giggled.
“That sounds wonderful, your such a sweet person? Shall we dance? The floor seems to be calling us!” She smiled. “Your place? Sure I’d love to lemme text Kasper…” she said but before she could Lawrence was on her waist trying to pull her close “get off me!” She said pulling away as naala hit Lawrence’s hand away she went into Naala’s arms for comfort.

“I can have both can’t I? No rules on that!” Lawrence spat back.
Lawrence ignored the comment and headed on to find someone else for now. He kept watch on Lila. Hearing her say Kasper he knew and he knew what he wanted to do to gatcrash all parties.

Lila grabbed Naala’s hand “thank you yeah your telling me. I just gotta text Kasper and let him know and we can…..” she said as Naala pulled her on the dance floor to dance the night away.

"it isnt but no use complaining." he said shrugging. "just a problem that isnt solved. dont know when it ever will be." He nodded. "i guess thats right. Better telling someone your problems to someone you never met then to someone you share some sort of connection with."
"I guess." he said brushing the connection off. "feels like a weak connection at this point..."

"how about no." he said aggravating Lawrence even more. "i think im content with annoying you. just like the pIpSqUeAk I am."
"Or else what? go back to your mum and cry? sounds about right to me." He snapped back. "Have you seen what you look like? you sure look like crap. and sure. used to being nothing less then trash. doesnt make me think any different."
"Its fine. Dont worry about it. he was treating you like crap anyway." he said. "well because i dont want you getting hurt anymore then you dont want me getting hurt." he said folding his arms. "im still the pipsqueak? thats your best comeback? pathetic."
"Ha. All brawns but no brains. work smarter, not harder. now go back to the dump were you belong."

"I mean, you were fine when you were at the bakery, doesnt make any difference now. just some crazy ex thrown into the mix." he said. looking at his arms. "ah. my bandages got loose. need to re apply them."
"Oh no worries. i can do them by myself." he said. "i mean. sure. if your willing to. but you should look at yourself first." he said. Moving chesters hand away to properly address the wound. His hands were nice and smooth, cool to the touch. "there. dont thank me. you needed it."
"Will do. Also glad someone else here in this small world likes plants. havent found anyone yet, glad your the one."
"ah. cottagecore, i approve. wanted to decorate the apartment like this but lila said it would look better modern so.." he said. Not sitting down and awkwardly stood near the door. "thanks." he said taking the water. "ah balcony sounds nice but i need to get my own medical things done. come on. ill show you the mess that is the apartment." he led chester to the apartment over. opened the door and easily navigated through the maze of boxes. "ah. here we go." he said unboxing a huge box. "have to keep these for my medical condition." he said taking his shirt off, showing his nicely toned muscles. Bandages were wrapped up his neck,some across his chest and arms. "they dont know what it is but its whatever. i dont have to wear bandages all the time, using a compress on parts of my body would be less of a hassle but i cant wear the compress 24/7. got to give some breaks. He said taking the bandages off to reveal matte pale skin. like he was a statue chiseled out of marble, not a single blemish. He re wrapped his body which took a bit and popped back his shirt on. "sorry for the detour, lets go." he said. Not noticing chester gawking at him.
"Its fine. I dont mind seeing the sunset with you, because for one, you actually care." He looked over the flora and fauna and nodded. "nice selctions. and i like how its all neatly organized. Not in any particular order but i can draw some similarities out."

"Aww arent you filled with compliments." naala giggled. Resting her hand on lila's thigh. "thanks. The gothic cutie works on you, frames your features nicely." she said leaning in. "ah. i know this scent, midnight over the harbour? a favourite of mine." she giggled. "oh but i am..you style is on point, you look dashing and your personality is quite something to be fawn over."
"And thats what matters. You having a good time, its the city, you moved here for a reason no? then take that reason and run with it."
"and i can say the same for you." naala said. Moving her hand through lila's locks. "of course." naala set down the water glass and took lila's hands. Up to the floor and twirled her around. "good to hear that." she said as she danced with lila. Naala hugged lila close as she glared daggers at Lawrence. "I think the only gender that will accept you are those of trash bins!" she yelled. She led lila away from Lawrence and they both danced away.

“well hopefully won’t take too long, don’t wanna be treading in stagnant waters as they say.” He nodded “for sure. Oh see things in a different light as your not involved in the situation.”
Chester looked saddened he knew this feeling all too well and it broke him knowing someone as kind and caring as Kasper was feeling how he had once.

Lawrence waved Kasper off “you clearly just moved here and don’t know the laws of this building no one messes with Lawrence!” He yelled back “look I’ve had just about enough of your back chatting your trap mister I don’t know who you are or where you came from but you need to stay in your lane”
Lawrence seethed at the backchat that Kasper was given he didn’t say anything else for the time being.

“Stupid pipsqueak!” Lawrence yelled as he walked away.
Chester nodded “ I mean thanks for pointing it out, im sure if the bruise didn’t hurt that line did.” He joked.
“ that’s really sweet of you thanks.” He smiled a soft smile toward Kasper.

“thanks but that’s enough to drive everyone away.” He watched as Kasper looked at the bandages, he already had injuries, made Chester feel a little worse for the situation now.

“ I mean I know you can do it yourself but why should you! Of course it’ll be nice to get to know you better, but yeah follow me I’ll get cleaned up and we can head over.”
he stopped as Kasper’s hand reached to his face to address the wound and Chester’s mind raced feeling the soft smooth touch of Kasper’s hand on his face he closed his eyes holding onto the moment this.. this right here was all he wanted, he just had no One to share it with.
“thanks it was needed I appreciate that, you have soft hands.” He said quickly looking away.

“Wait a sec, you like cottage core also? This is just spooky now! Is there anything you both like that you have in common sounds like she don’t like a lot of things your into?”

“Yeah, sure let’s get you fixed up and we can enjoy the sunset. Oh of course lead the way.” He said following Kasper looking around it’s a lovely place spacious. He came to the box that Kasper needed and he was just watching what he was doing it was new to him and when Kasper took his shirt off in front of him that was it Chester couldn’t stop looking he looked good, but how was with Lila and couldn’t let on he was feeling a gravitational pull to Kasper more strongly in being more than friends. But he didn’t know he liked guys. Right now he sees it as girls only and that’s all. Kasper put his shirt back on and Chester looked “so you have this condition does it affect anything other than you have to be in this bandages or compress?” He asked looking at Kasper’s face.

“Sure….let’s.” Chester said slowly trying to take in that he just saw this marble carved beautiful being shirtless infront of him.
Chester smiled “ of course I care, would be heartless if I didn’t. Come on let’s go” he said taking Kasper back there was a small table and two chairs out on the balcony and of course the plants. Chester brought two drinks over and poured the bottles contents into both “ yeah well I need some organizing, like I can’t live with chaos. Yeah normally go by zones, or needs and colour scheme too” he smiled holding one plants stem “here smell this one it’s a favorite of mine the peony.”
“so we can watch the sunset I have a few snacks here also because you know someone didn’t eat earlier.” He said poking Kasper slightly with a hint of a laugh.

Lila smiled “well only returning the compliments you showed me.
She blushed when Naala placed her hand on her thigh. “Thank you no one’s ever actually said that to me before.” She sad she liked shocked yeah that’s the one how did you know? Sweet smelling.” She smiled.
“Naala, your words your just the sweetest honestly and the cutest girl here too. Thanks for all you comments real confidence boost I needed. I’ve never ever met anyone quite like you.” She smiled looking down.
“Exactly why shouldn’t I? I don’t wanna be cut off from everyone I wanna have people like you in my life.” She said leaning into naala.

Lila felt the butterflies creeping more and more why was it so wrong but felt so right? She had Kasper, he was distant and didn't really do the couply thing often. But naala was reeling it off like yesterday news.

As she took her hand and they both went up and danced and as naala puled her in for a tight hug she returned it and naturally tried convincing herself this isn’t cheating. This isn’t going to ruin what she has with Kasper right?

As the night drew on Lila forgot to message Kasper and headed back to Naala’s they got to the couch and Lila decided to instead of sitting next to her she would sit on her lap her arms around naala. “Thank you for helping me though this evening I feel like a new girl. She laughed brushing her fingers through Naala’s hair. Lila leaned in closer to Naala and before she knew it or could control it she pulled Naala’s chin forward and kissed her.

Chester looked over to Kasper “well that was a beautiful sun stet thanks for sharing that with me so let’s go do these boxes now and I’ll leave before Lila gets home though shouldn’t she be back now?” He said checking his watch.

"well guess what? just did. and what are you going to do about it hm? doesnt seem like your doing much of anything to deserve that title." he said, putting the title in air quotations. "oh. wow. look at that." he said moving through Lawrence and chester, separating them. "im in my lane. look at how easy it is. you stay on yours, on that side. and we stay in ours, far from yours to the point its mind boggling why you would even dare to come over here."

"yes i do, nice and simple. With a calming touch. I did not see you as the type to like it, but im glad we share more common grounds."
"not really, sometimes i wonder how we got this far, i like plants, making stuff. Mainly contraptions and such. I prefer mechanical over digital and i love organizing. She doesnt, we dont really share much in common."
"Well, im more stiff then others, i cant bend as well. So its a challenge having to reach for things or stretch in some way." he said. "My joints lock sometimes, so it gets pretty painful at times. but im used to it so not much i can do. The bindings and or bandages help keep my joints from locking and getting to stiff. Basically keeps me together."
Kasper sat down and enjoyed the view. "thank you." he said taking a sip. "interesting, i do as well. Its overwhelming if i dont. We share more in common then i thought." kasper leaned in. "smells nice, i peffer more ferns and such. not flowers but they do add a nice pop of colour to the greens."
"Thanks for joining me here, would have been a more lonelier night with lila gone partying away. I enjoy your company, thank you." he said giving chester a small smile. He stared off into the sunset. Holding his drink as he enjoyed the soft breeze.

"but you didnt have to, but i thank you for it. Feels nice to be complimented by such a cute girl if you get what i mean." she said giggling.
"no one? not even someone just out there for flirt? not even your boyfriend? why call him a boyfriend at that point."
"because i use it a lot, not with this outfit as it doesnt match but a favorite. Sweet and sassy, just like you~"
"thanks hun." she said lifting lila's hand and kissed it. "im glad to be the one to give you that boost. unlike your boring boyfriend. I am one of a kind, cant find me anywere else."
"Dont let boring people into your life, cut them out. they arent needed. what you need, is me. and people who get you. Your a social butterfly, dont let others wet your wings, fly freely."

Naala held lila's waist as they stared at each other. seeing which one would make the first move. "just doing what i do." naala smirked. Naala kissed lila passionately. Both making out on the couch. "love you lila.."

"thanks for staying with me. i enjoyed our time. you know you dont have to help with the boxes right. its just between me and lila."
"right..its getting pretty late now. ill text her." though the texts went unanswered, lila was busy with someone else. "odd. she didnt respond." he drummed his fingers on the table nervously. He stopped shortly, not wanting to annoy chester but went to twist a ring on his finger or shake his leg. "nevermind. lets just start on the boxes." he said getting up.

Lawrence tightens his fists as Kasper pushed him away from Chester “Get Your hands away from my chessy! Get your own!”
He slapped Kasper’s hand away. Chester just placed his hand on his eye standing beside Kasper.
“Lawrence just leave it already, enough is enough.”
Lawrence went silent starting at Kasper. He may have been older than Chester but he did listen to him when he spoke knowing he went to the gym and worked out puny Lawrence had nothing compared.

“Ha! Well looks can be deceiving, yeah for sure. I mean thanks to Lawrence I lost a lot the only thing I found confined in was plants. So it’s something close and personal to me.”
Chester sat there listening to Kasper “you have some cool interests I don’t know why she wouldnt be interested? Hmmm, honestly the more I hear about……nevermind. “ he shut down the conversation before he put his foot in it, after all it wasn’t his business to pry in. He said they loved each other that should be enough right?

Chester froze in one place “then why the heck you doing all these boxes if you can’t bend Geez Kasper. You could hurt yourself more, gimmie that” he took the box Kasper had and carried it. “Right tell me where you want things I’ll place them out and you can sit or stand organizing them. Can’t have you falling apart on me now.” He said smiling with a hint of concern.

“Tell me about it, Lawrence made me feel I was crazy for having to sort and organize things, I don’t like clutter, no need for it.” He took a sip “haha, ferns for me are on the inside, I feel more colour outside and the ferns and such inside. Don’t ask my reasoning I have no clue just felt it blended better, they don’t need much sunlight so I guess that is my reasoning?” He said tilting his head thinking about it.

“No problem, I understand she’s got a taste for the nightlife, but didn’t you propose to her just hours ago and like you moved in today, it’s a bit selfish. Excuse my saying so abruptly, it’s not my place to speak on something that’s not my business but you seem, well sad?” He said looking down hoping to not upset Kasper.

“Thanks, I enjoy your company too, maybe we can exchange botanical tips and such?” He said looking up and seeing Kasper’s smile melted Chester but also broke him. He since he met him a couple of hours ago it’s was the first smile he had seen, for someone who claimed they loved someone he didn’t seem to feel the love tonight from her. He wished there was something he could do to just pick up his spirits but for now he just sat there occasionally glancing over at Kasper admiring him in the sunset and the breeze in his hair, when he would turn back to the sun He seemed content, relaxed and found just be himself, something he hadn’t done in a while.

Lila giggled “but of course I have to, I can’t just take all your compliments.
“Sweet and sassy, is the perfect combination. In my opinion though I’m sure my boyfriend would disagree. He probably didn’t even lien the outfit they picked out for me…” she sighed
“No not really he will say a few things here and there he’s pretty reserved. He’s not really one for public affection so to speak. Sometimes I wonder if he loves his plants more than me.”
“Well he still is….I mean he can be….. I’m sure he has his reasons to be the way he’s being.” She tried justifying but realised quickly she didn’t know what to say.

“You really are something that’s for sure, I literally just love your energy your looks make you stunning and from what I see your personality is on point.” She said looking down “I guess so but Kasper isn’t too bad once you get to know him just takes a little longer to break down those walls, though it helps now having someone like you in my life.” She said hugging Naala.

After the first move was made, they spent the night together morning rose and Lila was still on the couch laying on Naala, her head lay on her chest, her arm around her smiling in her sleep. She woke up and smiled seeing naala, stroking her fingers through her her when suddenly panic set it “shoot what have I done?” She said jumping up and grabbing her things “I’m sorry I have to go.” She said running out the door doing the walk of shame as the mess she looked.

“Ahhhh Potato, potato! It’s fine Kasper don’t sweat it, beside can’t have you falling apart before she gets back, she won’t be best pleased.” He chuckled breaking down a couple of the boxes and emptying a few.
“Yeah. I think that’s best. She might have just lost track of time or just wanting to get out of unpacking boxes?” He said trying to reassure Kasper.
Chester placed his hand on Kasper’s shoulder as he walked past giving him a weak smile and grabbed the boxes.
A few hours had passed and still no sign of Lila and almost all the boxes were emptied baring a few. Chester was exhausted and while Kasper organised the last few bits in the office he made he came out to find Chester asleep with his arm and head rested in the box he was working on.

The sun had rose and Chester opened his eyes to have the sun beating on his face “oh man, sorry bro I fell asleep.” He said stretching “first not even 24 hours and I’ve slept over your place that’s a first!” He said looking and seeing Kasper’s face “is Lila still not back?” He asked. Sighing this did not look good.
“I’ll make us some coffee, he said once again placing his hand on Kasper’s shoulder in a reassurance. Chester made the coffee and passed to Kasper. He went to take a sip and the door opened Lila entered, sneaking in, looking like a mess and not like she had been in a scrap kind of mess. Chester knew something had happened but he couldn’t say he just grabbed his cup looked at Kasper “I’ll bring you cup back later, I’ll leave you two.” He said walking out the door heading back to his apartment next door and sitting on the couch with a blanket over him still tired drinking the coffee “hmm man they have the good stuf” he said taking another sip.

Lila looked and watched as Chester left “why was he here?” She asked seeing Kasper’s least impressed facial expression.

"wow. didnt know this guy," he said jabbing his finger over to chester "was a line. ill take this one then. good condition. No flaws. He is priceless so how on earth can i pay?"

"Well im glad he didnt take that away from you. Plants do sometimes have heavy meaning to the person tending them. I liked them because they reminded me of times when i was happier. sure i was happy with lila but now those times have faded like dead leaves breaking apart in the wind."
"well. she has things she likes. and i have mine, they clash so we rarely do them together."
"because im the one to do it? lila would rather do something else then working. says its exhausting." he said. Reaching for something but collapsed over the box. "god dammit." He muttered. Struggling to get up. Pain seared through his body as he tried to move. He hit the joint that was acting up and it moved a bit. He tried to get back up once more but to no avail. "and that right there is what happens when i move a joint the other way." he looked around and rummaged through another box. taking out a container of advil. popping in a few and leaning against the box. "happens every couple of times. im in burning pain but i guess having to live with it for so long...i dont sound or look physically hurt." he winced as he tried to shift to get a better angle. "hurt myself more? think i already did.." he said. "well. i mean.." he said about to protest but got quiet quickly. "just leave that one on the floor." He flexed his hands in pain. "these advil better kick in soon..."

"well that sounds about right. I like the greenery then the flora and fauna. Clutter makes me overwhelmed so i have this itch for organizing."
"I understand. I guess we would have been doing something more romantic or coupley but no." he said taking a sip. "instead she is at a club getting drunk or who knows what and im here with you unpacking boxes lila and I should have already gotton done. but thanks, for sticking around."
"I guess you can say that." he said. "no worries, its fine. for this at least."
"Of course, sounds good to me." he said. "i have these books lila wanted to get rid of over there. nice and in good condition. Have you ever heard of the books by famous botanical Inky rose? thats their pen-name. I have their collection of the world of botanicals. Limited edition and limited print. People would kill for them but well. Its refreshing seeing someone who actually knows what their talking about, and showcasing other people who arent as well known."

"but i wouldnt mind if you did take them." naala whispered in lila's ear. squeezing her thigh lightly. "well you look pretty cute in it, shows off skin and curves. forget about what he wants, what do you want?" her words dripping like venom into lila's head. "he doesnt like public affection? shame. it would make everyone jealous if people saw you had a boyfriend. You want to be liked right? why dont you leave him, you have your doubts dont you?"
"See. he isnt the one for you. kick him to the curb and find someone else who is more daring." she said smirking. "like me."
"I know i am..thank you hun. these compliments make me blush~" she said wrapping her arm around lila's waist. leaning closer. "but he seems bland and boring. doesnt keep up with what you want. Im sure your getting tired of it..Im glad im the one you choose." she said hugging back.

Naala looked at lila and chuckled. "hope you come back soon love.."

"i..suppose so. but im a bit on edge on where she is. havent responded to anything. Or what she's doing. its not like she cares. dismisses it as if it was just a cold and moves on. Doesnt acknowledge it and makes me wait while she does things only she can do because she doesnt want to miss out on it."
"but..she moved with me. she made me move with her. the least she could do was help unpack boxes no?"
Kasper sighed as he saw chester asleep. "you deserve it. see you in the morning." he walked into the masters, boxes everywhere. decided to spend the night unpacking them and placing things on the shelves and into the closet and drawers.

"its fine." kasper said. sitting on the couch. half asleep. "stayed up to finish unpacking the masters bedroom. a bit tired." he said rubbing his eyes. "i suppose so. its 24 hours more then what lila spent helping to take boxes out or heck, even sleep in the apartment she made me buy."
"nope. not even a text." he muttered. "alright. make mine light, not the biggest fan of coffee."

Kasper got up. "you have some nerve saying that. what about you? your a mess, you havent responded to anything and it looks like you had a fun time partying while chester came and helped, like you were supposed to. did you sleep at someones house? looked like you left in a rush because i dont know...you have a boyfriend?" He said passively aggressively. "this was supposed to be our time together. we got proposed, we just moved. You were the one who wanted to watch the sunset but no. You left to go to a bar with people you never even met. You didnt even help with boxes, just complained. You didnt even feel like doing anything with me. so tell me, did you find someone else at the bar? because im seeing hints everywhere. Someone elses lipstick on your face,hands and neck. That just seems so blaring that you were making out. while engaged to me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back