• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern All in the Family

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Jane Annabella Rhodes

Water rushed down the bowl from the flush as Jane squirted some liquid soap into her hands and proceeded to wash them. Her reflection blinked before getting water flicked upon it. Courtesy of all ten fingers. Nabbing a hand towel, she used it for the door, her dry hands closing it after scoring a damp paper ball in the little bin. She breathed like a young talent preparing to face a crowd, all the voices she heard earlier listed as names in her head. Basically everyone was downstairs. Rubbing away an itch from her left ear, she slunk to the lower level quietly. Dinner was in session. Rejecting the idea to go face hunting, she used her practiced stealth and completed the journey to the table, successfully taking an empty chair. Grasping Anthony's hand, she closed her eyes, her head tilted forward in reverence.

TF81 TF81 (Direct Interaction)

Last edited:
Adam Rhodes
5:19 - 5:20 PM
Astralworks Astralworks
Adam was working on dessert with Luka when Luka told him that she had to drop off her phone & some other things at her house. Adam replied from a distant, briefly looking at Luka before returning to his task. "Alright, Luka, Hurry back!" He had noticed his older daughter Jane enter the kitchen & sat down. Adam just gave her a smile.

Anthony Lucas Rhodes
5:20 PM
Dak Dak Geozaki Geozaki Wormy Wormy
Anthony grasped Emma's hand & bowed his head, Looking over to the other side of him. His sister Jane took his hand as well. After the prayer was finished, Anthony dug into his dinner. "So, Jane, what's new with you?" Anthony asked with a curious tone. Anthony loved his sister dearly but sometimes they would fight like Twins & siblings, in general, tend to do. Anthony could tell from the looks of Lilly & Liam, that they were just as terrified by Jake as he was. He wondered if Jane felt the same way.

Emma Carter
Emma decided not to bow her head but if a certain practice required holding Anthony's hand, Then it was worth it. After Grace was said, Emma let go of her boyfriend's hand & began to eat some of the food in front of her. Emma followed up Anthony's question to Jane with one regarding school & History. "Yeah, How's it going with school & History?" She asked in anticipation before she ate one of the meatballs.

Kane had let go of Lilly's hand after the prayer was done. He had bowed his head. He wasn't that religious, but out of respect for the one's that were, he bowed his head. He slowly started to eat. Good lord was the food good. "I gotta say Em's you're lucky you found someone to cook. Cause I've tried your cooking. Let's just say that compared to your cooking, MRE's are a gourmet meal... And MRE's are pretty horrible..." He said chuckling a little. He would jest with her every now and then. Nothing to crazy, it's kind of let her know that he was comfortable with her. He took a sip from his water to clear his throat. He took another bite.

Kane was thankful that they would be having a couple of days off. With all the things going on, Kane could tell that some of the squad would have been going crazy if they kept working so hard. Kane didn't mind it all that much. He didn't really do that much outside of work. These days off he would probably do his normal routine along with maybe popping in and out of the Rhodes residence. He wanted to keep an eye on Jake. He didn't fully trust him. Yeah he said that he had changed for the good. But Kane had seen it all to often. A person saying they changed, then turn around and go back to their old habits.
Geozaki Geozaki

Jane Annabella Rhodes

Opening her eyes, Jake was the first thing she saw. Jane almost groaned at her brother's question, the timing inevitably perfect, as always. Glaring at the man enjoying his share would've been impolite, but the only reason Jane hindered herself, was because the aroma stole her attention. Dinner... was it always this inviting? One tablespoon full was all it took, and she began laying waste to the lovely dish set-out before them. A lady? Where? She certainly wasn't present at the moment. Soon enough Emma popped another query. Actually chewing the food this time, Jane looked at Emma, then Anthony. She refused to look in her uncle's direction ever again. "I'm surviving in History. English, still doing my best. Promised myself I'd slack-off less this time, and it's working out. Oh, I found myself a neat card-game-based anime to mercilessly attack. So yeah, that's new. What about you two?" Redirecting the honestly answered questions, she resumed eating.

Adam Rhodes

As Adam finished preparing dessert, He decided to set it aside for now & went to sit at the table with his family. He began to dig into his dinner, As he was eating, he looked over at Luka's spot wondering where she was & what was taking her so long to return. The O'Dare's house wasn't far from theirs. He tried to push it out of his mind & went back to his dinner, Though, feelings of dread and concern flooded his mind.

Anthony Lucas Rhodes
Astralworks Astralworks Dak Dak Geozaki Geozaki
Anthony was concentrating on his food as he listened to his sister's response to his question, As he slurped up some of his spaghetti. He nodded & replied as he slurped up some of the spaghetti. And proceeded to answer the same question she had shot back at him. "Mmm...I see...Things have been going okay with me in History, You know what? When you said Surviving, It makes me think that when we go into class, We're entering War together. Like after we graduate, we'll meet up at a bar years later with little shot glasses & every so often we'll have flashbacks and nightmares about it like "Ahhh! Abraham Lincoln!" But in the end, it'll be okay." Anthony said with a chuckle. Before he ate one of the meatballs, He heard Kane's light-hearted roast of his mother's cooking. Anthony followed it up with a witty joke. "Man, Mom! Thanksgiving must've come super early because Kane just roasted you like a Turkey." Anthony said with a smirk and a laugh and ate the rest of his food.

Emma Carter
5:21 PM
Emma stared at her plate as she chewed the food and swallowed it before hearing Anthony joke, Laughing at it. "Hahahahaha...That's really funny, Tony. Except you don't even drink." Emma pointed out softly before responding to Jane's question. "Uh...Not much, Just regular Bible studies and reading from passages. Not much to tell really." Emma stated nonchalantly as she resumed eating, She laughed at Anthony's response to the Roast regarding Emily & her cooking skills.

Emma: Wow, Anthony! You're on a roll here!
Anthony: Yeah, I know...The same can be said about my chair. *Laughs*
Emma: Oh, Damn it! *Laughs*

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2018-04-28 at 15.21.03.png
+
Emily May Rhodes

Sunday, March 19th, 2017
5:25 PM

Dak Dak TF81 TF81 Astralworks Astralworks Texangamer Texangamer Wormy Wormy
As the prayer came to an end and Kane let go of her hand, Lilly raised her head nervously. Everyone seemed to continue as if nothing had happened, almost as if someone had paused everyone while the prayer took place and then pressed play as it had finished. Lilly picked at her food, she wasn't all that hungry in fact, she felt rather sick as a result of all the 'excitement' going on in the house.

Emily let go of Jake's and Dom's hands as the prayer finished. She noticed Luka leaving but didn't get a chance to say anything to her before she vanished out of sight. Just then, Kane's voice travelled across the table. "Excuse me!?" Emily exclaimed pretending to be offended by Kane's comment about her cooking. She was going to send a response towards Kane but before she could Anthony commented on how she'd just been 'roasted like a turkey'. "Hey, mister..." Emily turned to Anthony and accused him playfully. "You're supposed to be on my side." Despite how much commotion the evening had stirred up, everyone seemed to finally be calming down a little. Anthony was in conversation with Jane and Emma, and the three of them seemed content at least, Liam and Naomi were also talking though Liam was very clearly still on edge, and Lilly was with Kane, though, similarly to Liam, she didn't seem to be taking the whole situation as well as Emily was hoping. Emily started to try and come up with some way to make sure that everyone would feel, at the very least, comfortable but her train of thought was broken by the screeching sound of rubber against tarmac. Emily's heart sunk as her detective's instinct kicked in. Emily stood up from the table and walked over to Adam. "Honey, I need you to keep the kids inside." She said quietly enough that Adam would be the only person who'd be able to hear her. She then walked across the room, her gaze meeting Kane's eyes before she left the room. She had the feeling he'd probably follow her but right now it didn't matter, she just needed to either confirm or deny her suspicions. Best case scenario: Someone was simply being a little over enthusiastic with their car pedals but somehow Emily doubted that. Just after she'd hear the sound the entire atmosphere in the house had changed.

Emily made her way to the door and slowly opened it. Her heart sunk as she looked out onto the street. Emily dashed out into the road and knelt beside Luka, a couple of people had already started to look over or even stare at her, though none of them seemed to be making any attempt to help. "Luka" Emily said softly, gently inspecting the girl's wounds. She knew the drill, 'no tampering with the crime scene until forensics were finished' and everything else, but this was different, Luka was a friend, no, she was pretty much family. So if there was any way she could save her, the rules didn't't matter.

Naomi Ornella O'Dare Sunday, March 19th, 2017
5:25
She just felt a tear come down her face as she felt like something was missing she just looked at the chair where her sister was gonna be she felt someone touch her hand but there was no one there' don't leave me, Luka, please don't leave me I love you please don't leave me alone' she thought to herself as she just looked at Adam she was getting really worried about her sister as she wanted to check on her sister" Mr. Adam, I'll be back I want to check on my sister I have a bad feeling like she's gone I don't want to be alone yeah i have my parents but..... we don't really get along since they work a lot so can I check on my sister please" she said tears in her eyes" I don't want to be alone" she said as she was trying to be strong but it was hard for her to stay strong she felt her hand shaking as she was trying to calm down she felt like her sister was gone forever she had her mom and dad but she barley see them since they work a lot but she didn't care when she sees them they usually go to the movies or shop she doesn't know how to tell her parents that maybe her sister was dead she knew that her sister was harrassed online she didn't tell anyone

Kane had the same feeling that Emily had. His detective senses were kicking in. He caught her gaze and knew that he was to pursue. He leaned over to Lilly. "I'll be right back Lilly." He said as he slowly got out of his chair. He followed over to the door. He walked outside to see it. A hit and run. He walked back to the door and closed it. He wanted to keep everyone out of the scene that was the outside. He watched Emily as she started to try and save the girl. He wanted to rush over to her and pull her away. Protocol called for them to call it in and wait for forensics to get there and do their checks. But this girl was a good friend of the families. So Kane let Emily go about her procedures to try and keep her alive. Kane pulled out his phone and called it in. "It's Kane... I need a bus and a forensics team out to the Rhodes residence... Looks like a hit and run... Copy... Hurry here she doesn't look good." He said in a calm tone. His nature on scene was like this a lot.

He hung up the phone and walked over to Emily and Luka and knelt down next to her. He placed two fingers on Luka's neck and tried to feel a pulse. Nothing. She was dead. He looked at Emily. His eyes were filled with sadness. "Emily... Compose yourself and go inside." He said in his strong and deep voice. He wouldn't make this request lightly. "I've already called for a bus and a team to come. Your tampering with the scene. Your letting your emotional connection to this girl sully your judgement... Besides your family is gonna start to get worried with the both of us out here. I got this." He said walking over to her. He put his hand on her shoulder. The girl was dead and nothing could bring her back. Most likely killed on impact. Emily's family was going to start to ask questions and get worried. Kane didn't want them to panic and want to come out. Kane didn't want them to see this tragedy.
Geozaki Geozaki

Last edited:
Adam Rhodes
Geozaki Geozaki Dak Dak Texangamer Texangamer
Adam heard the screeching sound of tires ring out in the distance, bringing back to the surface those suspicions about Luka's whereabouts he had tried desperately to keep locked away. He glanced back at Emily as she instructed him to keep the kids inside, He nodded dutifully as he saw her give Kane a look that screamed 'Come on, Let's go check this out...' He could tell that his wife had begun to suspect something was wrong just as he had. The worry and fear that had centered around Jake and his presence that had seemed to dissipate from the house had now returned in full force but now centered around Luka. As Emily & Kane left, Adam resumed eating the rest of his dinner. Naomi, Also visibly worried about Luka, announced to Adam that she was going out to check on her sister's wellbeing. It pained him deeply to have to make this response but he had a job to do. "Please, Naomi, Stay here. I was given orders by Emily to keep you kids here, Let her check on Luka, She's trained for this type of stuff." Adam responded as a plea for Naomi to stay.

Anthony Lucas Rhodes
Astralworks Astralworks Wormy Wormy
Anthony sat silently eating the remainder of his dinner as he felt the shift in overall atmosphere start to seep in, This was no longer like a few minutes ago where the whole room was full of laughter & jokes, No, This was now a much more dark, a much more sinister atmosphere. Anthony couldn't find the words to describe it, So he just stayed quiet and obeyed his parents' orders to stay inside. He wondered if Emma, Jane, Dominick, and Liam were as struck with deep unease as he was currently. He didn't know Luka very well, But what he did know was that she & John were close childhood friends before Anthony & he met. After Anthony's meeting with John shortly thereafter, John was told by Luka that her & her family were moving to Florida because of a job offer her father had accepted. Needless to say, John was deeply upset about this sudden change. Now, if what Anthony thinks happened to Luka turns out to be true. Anthony will have to be the one to deliver the bad news to John. A task he hopes he doesn't have to do. 'What if when I tell John that Luka's dead, He blames me for it & refuses to speak to me again and quits the band? What if after he leaves, the band breaks up and I lose Emma? What if Emma dies? Oh My God! Oh My God!' Wait! but what if Jane dies because of Jake?' Anthony's anxious thoughts started to make their way into his head. causing him to sweat, shake, and feel his heart start to beat faster & faster.

Emma Carter
5:26 PM​

Emma looked over at Anthony and could tell that he was struggling with some deep emotions, She started to become concerned about the state of him physically as she saw his anxious mind start to control his body, She always was a source of comfort & relief when he needed it. And this time, she could sense that he needed it. Emma finished her dinner & quickly put her dish on the counter and went over to Anthony & asked him gently. "Tony, Sweetie, How about we go listen to some music & talk for a while? Would you like that?" She asked with a soft tone. After Anthony nodded his head in response. Emma began to wipe his face with a napkin, before disposing of it into a nearby trash can, after that, She took his plate & placed it in the fridge. And quickly proceeded to wheel Anthony to his only safe place, His room.

Liam James Rhodes
5:19 PM - 5:26 PM
Texangamer Texangamer TF81 TF81
Liam stayed alert while Jake said grace, not bowing his head or taking anyone's hand. He didn't understand religion very much, so such activities seemed strange and uncomfortable to him. However, he appreciated the fleeting moment of quiet that came as a result. Once grace was over, he tried to focus on eating his dinner. Meatballs first, then spaghetti. Like always. Unable to keep up with the various conversations going on around him, he stayed silent, putting all his energy into attempting to block out the near-painful noises of chewing, swallowing, and scraping cutlery.

A screeching sound from outside caused him to jump, his hands flying up to cover his ears until the noise passed. Then things started to get chaotic again. Suddenly, Emily and Kane were leaving without explanation, which seemed awfully suspicious. Naomi was talking about being alone, but was in a room filled with people. "What do you mean? You're with us, aren't you?" Liam asked, not understanding why his friend was crying. To add to the pandemonium, Anthony had disappeared along with Emma. All the movement was becoming disorientating. Liam's attention was redirected to Adam. "Where's everyone going? And what do you mean Mom is trained for this type of stuff? What's going on?" he questioned his father, his voice strained. It felt like everyone knew what was happening apart from him, and he hated it.

Naomi Ornella O'dare
5-19- 5:25
Naomi just looked at Adam" Okay I understand Mr. Rhodes" she say as she just looked at her food as she felt sad she couldn't shake the feeling that her sister was dead she just wanted to check but had to stay put she had a feeling that her sister was dead as she took a deep breath as she looked at Liam" hey it's okay don't freak out it's okay everything okay it just...... my sister......." she said trying to explain it to him"I think...... someone killed her" she says trying to be strong but couldn't tears were pouring down her face' i hope mom and daddy come home soon I don't know how to handle this she barely touched her food everything felt like it was crashing down on her plate she just place her hands on her face" I don't know how I can handle this without my parents I don't know how to tell them that Luka is dead I'm scared to be alone for today but I know I have to go back home" she said as she just lift her head a little looking at adam and liam" I can feel it it's like a gut feeling that my sister is dead" she said trying to calm down she was counting 1 through 10 to calm down she just closed her eyes

Screen Shot 2018-04-28 at 15.21.03.png
+
Emily May Rhodes

Dak Dak
"B-but, maybe I can still save her!" Emily insisted weakly though she knew that it was too late for her to be able to do anything. Emily was being completely out of character. Generally, when she was at a crime scene, she was calm and collected, very little seemed to phase her, but this was different, not only was Luka a friend, but Emily knew that she'd probably have to be the one to break the news to Naomi. Next of kin notifications were always the worst part of the job as far as Emily was concerned, having to tell a person that someone close to them was dead was heart-wrenching. Emily stood up and looked up at Kane, her clothes had small splotches of blood on from her desperate attempt to save Luka. Emily took a deep breath, composing herself.

Lilly hadn't noticed the screeching sound, she'd been so wrapped up in trying to deal with what was going on inside the house that she'd all but completely zoned out, she hadn't even really taken in any of the conversations that had been happening around the table. But the sudden change in the atmosphere around the table hit her hard. The energy that had filled the room moments earlier had vanished and everyone suddenly seemed on edge. Emily and Kane had left the room without any explanation other than Kane telling Lilly that he'd be right back. Lilly suddenly felt alone without Kane beside her. After a brief moment of dead silence, the quiet murmur of nervous conversation filled the room. Lilly had no idea what had happened but she could tell that whatever it was, it wasn't good. Emily's phone was on the kitchen side, it vibrated as the dispatch call from the department came in.

Emily unbuttoned her shirt and took it off, she was wearing a white vest underneath. "This is gonna be traumatic enough without the kids seeing me covered in blood," she explained as she folded her shirt in a way that hid all of the blood stains from view. "If you need me, just come and get me," she told Kane before giving him a quick hug and walking back towards the house. As she grew closer to the house, Emily's mind was racing, she didn't know how she was going to break the news to Naomi. Emily walked into the house and made her way through to the dinner table.

Last edited:
Kane had given her a small hug. He knew that she wanted to help, but her emotions had caused her to not think straight. Kane would have loved to have her help. But it wouldn't be good for her. Her mind would end up missing something. "I got it." He said before letting her go. The ambulance and the Forensic team got there quick. They collected the evidence and left. Kane shook his head as he watched the body moved and taken away. He would feel sad for the next few days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple of days had passed since the events of the day Luka had passed. It was hell on not only him, but the rest. Kane was sitting at his desk. It was afternoon, maybe 1:30 1:45. Kane had been focusing on the death of Luka. He looked into it personally for Emily. She wasn't allowed to, because of her personal feelings and emotions. He sighed as he sat back in his chair. He had ideas, but until he had something to work off of, he had nothing.

He looked over the case again, still nothing. Just a couple of leads. It was about 2 o'clock. He needed a break. He pulled out his phone and sent Emily a text. "Hey, mind if I pick up your kids. I'd like to talk to them about something..." He sent. He hadn't really had a chance to talk to them since he started the case. He got up and grabbed his jacket. He needed some fresh air. He told his LT. that he was stepping out for some fresh air.

Geozaki Geozaki

Naomi Ornella O'dare
She hadn't been back to school since the death of her sister she felt alone without her big sister tears just streamed down her face she felt alone she knew she had her parents but they were away she just sighed"I want Luka back" she says she was still in denial that her sister is dead" it's all my fault that she's dead because I didn't tell anyone that she was harassed" she said as she just sat in her wheelchair she was hungry she hasn't eaten any food today she just looked around she wanted to see Emily but she probably at work she just sat in her chair while she was watching tv she just hugged her stuffed teddy bear that she got from her sister when she was little she just text her dad' Daddy when are you coming home something happened can you and mama come home' she texted her parents as she was in tears

Emerging from his basement lair of the forensics lab in the mid afternoon, Robin appeared in the general offices of the police station, a folder tucked under his arm. Pausing when he reached the common room, he scanned the people milling about, few of which he recognized. Secluded in his laboratory for most of the day, he seldom had the chance to socialize with his co-workers, much to his dismay. Shortly, he recognized the imposing visage of Kane and crossed the room with a few long strides to approach him. In the relatively short time Robin had been a member of the force, he'd only spoken with the man a couple times, but found him memorable for the obvious reasons. Not to say he had issues recalling others, for indeed that wasn't the case.
"Kane," Robin called to his coworker, "If I'm not mistaken, you're on the hit-and-run case? I have the data back from the lab. You'll want to know it, I suppose" He said, lifting the folder, "Are you leaving? Let me walk with you."
Dak Dak mainly

mj.gif

"Stop crying! I said stop crying how many times do I have to tell you, your crying face isn't pretty...if your husband saw you I bet my right hand he will divorce you." Lara watched as Zat gazed at her daughter's picture, "Its my fault, my poor baby....I was a horrible mother." Lara put the groceries down and walked over to Zat patting her back, "Zat don't cry. Is this because I yelled at you?" Zat rolled her eyes still with tears in her eyes, "You don't understand I'm at fault I drove her to this. I've never been pleased with her ever. I always scolded her-" Lara sighed going back to the groceries which she started to unpack into the fridge. "Luka knew how much you loved her...DON'T BE STUPID. Zat get up and help me with the groceries this isn't my house!" Not hearing a response from Zat she turned around to check yet there was no trace of her, "Where did the nincompoop go? Zat! who's going to put the groceries away?"
----------
Lara walked over to the blond secretary eyeing her remembering those blue eyes from anywhere she was a high school ...friend the secretary responded with, "How may I help you?" Lara smiled that fake smile of hers,
"I'm here to see Robin LaBelle." The secretary looked down at the computer, "Ok let me check." Lara mimicked the secretary right when she looked down her eyes soon bored drifted of to a picture on the desk, "Is that your grandmother?" the secretary looked up smiling at the picture as if it filled her with love, "My mother." Lara smiled tilting her head still eyeing the picture "She looks really old. When she dies bring her to me ok? 50% off the coffin." Suprised the secretary squinted her eyes standing up you can almost see her veins popping out, "At least my mother is going to heaven your dad won't even make it to heaven with that face of his! Suprise, surprise his daughter came out just like him!" Lara's face turned red, "Excuse me!? What's wrong with my dad!? Here I was being nice! Your not getting the 50% off! And see if anyone else will sell you a coffin for your wrinkly skin!"
----2 minutes later------
Lara pulled the blond hair of the secretary,
"I will put you in the grave with her!" The secretary responded with pulling the girl's hair even harder, "Not if I do it first!" Lara grabbed the stapler from the desk throwing it at the girls head. Running towards the elevator before the girl can recover she frantically pressed the button. Going in she saw the girl running towards the elevator which thankfully closed up before she could reach it. "I should get Robin to fire that girl although he's a stupid fool who probably wo-" before she could finish her sentence the elevator opened. Walking out she immediately spotted Robin he had a weird style way to clean for anyone's taste, "Robin Hood!"
Wake Wake

Last edited:
Naomi Ornella O'dare
070855995_iconl-1.jpeg
She felt sadness she couldn't stop crying she wanted her sister back as she stopped going to school since her sister died she didn't know who she was she started blocking people out even though Liam is trying hard to comfort her she just sighed" where are you mum Daddy how can i get through this" she say"I don't know how to get over this it's all my fault for not telling anyone about the threats" she cried talking to herself as she just hold onto her necklace that her sister gave her for her birthday she just looked out the window as she felt the tears dropping down face" I feel like I'm drowning mama Daddy" she says talking to herself she just sighed she just heard the tv playing in the background she just sighed Dak Dak Or D U H D U H

Last edited:
Bryan was had just gotten off work and was on his way home. His eye's were puffy and red. He had been crying. He lost his daughter over the weekened. He was tired. As he pulled in the drive, he shut the engine off and sat in his car for a minute collecting himself before slowly making his way out of his car and into his house. When after a few minutes he had walked in. "Hello?" He called out before looking to the living room to see his daughter, Niaomi crying. He set his stuff down and walked over to her. He sat down next to her and hugged her. She was crying and he just wanted to be there for her. "It's ok baby. Let it out." He said.

Naomi Ornella O'Dare
070855995_iconl-1.jpeg
She just heard her dad as she just was sitting on the couch her face was stained with tears as she saw her dad" daddy where's mama" she asked tears in her eyes" i want Luka back daddy it's all my fault because i didn't tell anyone her secret she made me the promise not tell anybody" she say tears streaming down her face" luka is....... she was my best friend i'm sorry i didn't go to school even though i haven't been back for a week i just don't want them to see me like this not even Liam big sister helped me with everything even when i lost the ability to walk with the hit and run she helped me" she just cried on her father she lay on him as she was trying to calm down' mama where are you' she thought messing with her necklace she had she just sighed tears streaming down her eyes as she just wipe her tears away from her face" i'm okay daddy i think i don't know i just want mama i don't know how to go back to school i'm not ready to move on yet i'm not ready to go back to school yet maybe i can talk to liam" she say" where's mama daddy I thought I heard her and her friend" she say Dak Dak

Last edited:
Liam James Rhodes
Monday, March 27th 2017
1:50 PM

TF81 TF81
The last seven days had steadily been taking their toll on Liam. Surprisingly, he had managed to keep it together for the entire week. All his energy had been put into trying to push away any and all emotion - partly because he wanted to be strong for Naomi, and partly because he didn't know how to deal with what was going on. Juggling school life, home life, and trying to support Naomi as best he could had certainly been challenging, but he'd just about coped with it all. Alas, there was only so long he could maintain this before reaching his limit.

That morning had been the limit. The breaking point. He didn't even know what it was that had pushed him over the edge, or even if there was anything specific. Everything had simply become too much. During recess, he had erupted into one of the worst meltdowns he'd experienced in months, which had been far from a pretty sight. Yelling and crying turned to knocking things over, which turned to pummelling a wall, which turned to hitting himself, which ultimately turned to lodging himself under a bench. He remained under the said bench, lying face down on the concrete, for fifty four minutes while a teaching assistant attempted to calm him down. By the time he eventually re-emerged, the school had decided that he was not in a fit state to be there, and had contacted Adam to come and pick him up.

Liam soon found himself waiting in the school foyer for Adam to arrive. His ears were ringing, his arms and legs felt like they were buzzing, and it seemed almost as though there was some sort of blinding red fog in his mind, preventing him from thinking clearly. Unable to come up with anything to say, he stared blankly out of the window, unsure what his father was going to think of the situation.

Noticing the elevator doors open from the corner of his eye, Robin briefly glanced over and instantly went pale. "Oh... Hey Lara, it was Laura wasn't it?" He said with a false smile. "How did you find my workplace?" Under the veil of courtesy, the discomfort in his voice was fairly obvious. He glanced briefly at Kane and ran a hand through his hair, cheeks slightly flushed from embarrassment. He hated his personal life brushing his professional, more so in front of a superior. Running a hand through his hair, Robin thought through his next words quickly. "I'm sort of in the middle of something at the moment," he said with a somewhat awkward stiffness, "If there's something want to talk about, then how about we make a date for later?"
D U H D U H | in the presence of/mentions Dak Dak

Emily May Rhodes
Dak Dak
Emily was sitting at the kitchen table, intently focusing on the screen, she was busy doing research on Luka's case. She'd been forced to take a few days of leave from work due to Luka's death and not only that, bus as she was close to Luka, she had personal ties to the case meaning that she wasn't allowed on the case, but she couldn't stop thinking about it. Not only did Emily want closure for herself, but she wanted closure for her kids, and for Naomi and her family too. No, finding out who killed Luka wasn't going to fix anything or bring her back, but it would at least bring a little peace of mind. Emily wasn't dealing with the whole situation well. Having worked in homicide for so long now that she'd learned how to deal with death pretty effectively, even dealing with the death of those close to her, but this was different, this time, her kids had also been affected. Emily was constantly worried about them and none of them seemed quite like themselves since the incident, especially Liam, he and Naomi had been close friends for so long now, and when Naomi was around, generally so was Luka, so it made sense that he was taking this the worst, but that wasn't to say that the other kids were exactly taking it well. Emily was stuck in a position where she was powerless to do much of anything to make them feel better, which she hated, as a mother, it's her job to make things better and she was currently failing that task. According to Emily, her children had also been victims of the hit and run, which made her even more determined to get the people responsible.

Emily tore her eyes away from the screen as her phone lit up and vibrated as a new message came through, it was from Kane. Emily read the message before typing a response.
Kane
them
"Hey, mind if I pick up your kids. I'd like to talk to them about something..."
me
Of course you can just be gentle on them, also don't worry about picking up Liam, the school asked Adam to pick him up early so he'll be back home by the time you go to pick them up.
me
Oh and by the way, I've been doing some research and I found this; It was taken on the turning to our street less than a minute before Luka was hit, the quality isn't great but I was thinking if one of the guys from the lab could enhance the image then maybe we could get a plate, which, if this is the right car, may give us our culprits.

This image was also sent to Kane along with Emily's messages:
Unknown.jpg
After sending the messages to Kane, Emily placed her phone back down on the table. She glanced at her laptop before reluctantly closing its lid. As much as she wanted to continue looking for clues as to who might've killed Luka, she knew that it wouldn't be long before her kids returned home, and when they did, she wanted to be able to give them her undivided attention.

LaGuerta nodded in response to Kane informing her that he needed some fresh air. "That's fine." She replied to him. "But when you get a moment, I'd like to see you in my office." She didn't let on what she wanted to talk to Kane about but her demeanour made it very clear that whatever it was, it was serious.

AlesterAlester woke up with an headache. Yesterday, when the bar was closed, he had a few drinks with some other people who worked there. It had been a long night, he only remembered that the sun was already up when he fall asleep on his couch. He stood up, and then took a seat again. Standing up so quickly made him want to vomit. After some deep breaths he stood up again and then walked slowly to the kitchen counter and took some aspirin and made some juice.

He had to be at the university by one o'clock, so he had a few hours to get dressed, take a shower and try to eat something. After he had done all of those things he took his bike and rode to the university. He was working on his final script and then he had his master in History. Back in his home country that would land him a job at a high school, here he could teach at the university if he had done some good research. After his master he wanted to go to Scandinavia, to visit the sites he had always been writing about.

Once he arrived at the university his headache was gone. He walked over to the library, took out his laptop and started to find his books. In an hour, the whole table was filled with books, manuscripts and another laptop. Some students were also writing at his table, it were first years who were now studying also about the Norse Mythology and had been assigned to him.

Adam Rhodes
March 27th, 2017
1:50 - 1:58 PM
Wormy Wormy Geozaki Geozaki
Adam was driving to Eastview Middle school to pick up Liam & take him home early, Luka's death had a really bad effect on Naomi & Liam in turn, Adam understood full well that her death was taking its toll on the kids. Liam especially, Adam got a call from Liam's school informing him that Liam had had a meltdown today while at school, Adam arrived at the school and walked into the front office to sign his youngest son out. After he & Liam walked out of the school, They got into the car & were on their way home. Adam could tell that his son felt embarrassed for having his dad informed about his meltdown & having to have him leave work to pick him up, Adam decided to break the silence & tried to ease his son's mind. Listen, Liam...I'm not upset or disappointed about your meltdown or picking you up early from school, I understand completely that this is an extremely difficult thing to deal with, with that thing being the loss of your close friend's sister and not knowing how to help her at this time. To be honest, I don't know what I can say that'll help, But the best advice I can give you is to let Naomi know that you're around if she needs someone to talk to & try not to push yourself when it comes to helping her, I think she just wants to be with her family right now. But help her when & if she asks you....and when we get home & you wanna be by yourself for a while, that's perfectly fine. Your mother & I will understand." Adam concluded with a firm but understanding tone of voice as he pulled into the driveway & turned the car's engine off. As he waited for Liam to unfasten his seatbelt, he waited for Liam at the front door. When his son closed the passenger side door to the car & made it to the front door of the house, Adam announced his & Liam's arrival to Emily, who he assumed would be in the kitchen. "We're Home!" Adam called out to Emily as he & Liam entered the house. Adam closed the front door, hung his jacket up, And entered the kitchen where he found his wife at the table. He planted a kiss on her cheek as a way of saying 'Hello'.

Emily May Rhodes
March 27th, 2017
1:59 PM
TF81 TF81 Wormy Wormy

Emily stood up from the table as Adam and Liam entered. "Hey, Babe." She said to Adam, giving him a quick hug before turning her attention to Liam. "How are you doing baby?" She asked softly, her voice showing her concern for her son.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back