• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern All in the Family

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Emma Carter
4:18 PM
M Matthew Maple Geozaki Geozaki Dak Dak Wormy Wormy
Emma smiled as the door opened to reveal Anthony's father, Adam Rhodes, As he welcomed her into the house, Emma answered his question about how she was doing. "I'm doing fine, Thanks, Mr. Rhodes," Emma replied warmly. She nodded and thanked him for telling her where Anthony was located, She walked into the house & was hugged immediately by Lilly. Emma was overcome by joy and embraced Lilly. "Hey, Lilly!" Emma responded with a bright smile. She waved at Emilly with one hand while still hugging Lilly with the other. "Hi, Mrs. Rhodes," Emma said and ended the hug between Lilly & her.

4:19 pm

Dom was fully enthralled in his book. So focused that he didn't truely didn't feel Mrs.Rhodes come and sit next to him. He only looked away from his book when she had asked what he was reading. "It's a book called "The Tattoist of Auschwitz" By Heather Morris. The librarian had recomended it while I was at the library. I thought it would be another one of her weird romance novel's that she recommends but this one isn't that bad. It's about a man who is taken to a concentration camp during world war 1. It's his journey and how he survived the camp. I started reading it back at the library." He chuckled lightly. "Before I knew it, it was time for me to come home." He said looking back at the book.

He looked back at Mrs.Rhodes. "It's good to hear that you have some time off. All work and no play makes Jane a dull girl." He said looking towards Emma. Emma was Anthony's girlfriend. She was nice from the few interaction's that they had. He wasn't one for deep conversations with most people. He was a rather quiet boy, but he didn't mind that. He spent a lot of times with his nose in a book. In summer he could spend all day at the library, reading to his heart's content.

"I also picked up a book on diseases and their treatments, along with a book on physics, along with a couple other novels. If you'd like to borrow them you're more then welcome to." He said to Mrs. Rhodes as he smiled. He looked back down at his book and started to read again. His stomach had let out a little gargle. Dom didn't really eat that much that day, skipping lunch to continue to read. His cheeks turned a little red. "Guess I didn't really eat that much today." He said with a chuckle to follow.

Adam Rhodes

4:19 pm

A smile appears onto Adams face. Seeing how happy seeing Emma made Lilly. While Emma spoke to his wife. He decided to head to the kitchen and get dinner started. It took Adam some looking to find the right thing to cook for dinner. Dom was very good at putting thing's away everything had it's place which made finding what to cook easy. Once he had what he was going to cook. He went right to work. It was not long intill the whole house would start to fill with smell's. Of what he was cooking for dinner Adam was not the best cook in the world. But knowing his family if he had not started dinner. Thin everyone would find a way to say they where hungry.

( Sorry its short writers block and Discord is not working on my cell right now )

Although he seemed to flinch ever so slightly when she cursed, he replied respectfully: "My name is Gabe Klein, assistant HR Manager at Nelson & Lee Oral Hygiene." He produced a business card from his breast pocket, one in ash with lettering of Liberation Serif. His speech was more calculated and measured than usual, likely the typical spiel he gave to business associates.
He met May's eyes briefly, "I'm not familiar with the procedure for this transaction." Gabe replied in a mumbly voice, running a hand through his hair, something of a tick. After a brief pause, he continued, "I'll pop inside for a moment." Gabe chuckled in his awkward stilted way, "Would you mind watching the door a moment? I'm uncomfortable when it's unlocked." He ran a hand through his hair again as he spoke, then slid back into his house.
doneanddusted doneanddusted

Screen Shot 2018-04-28 at 15.21.03.png
+
Emily May Rhodes

Sunday, March 19th, 2017
4:20 PM
Wormy Wormy TF81 TF81 Dak Dak M Matthew Maple

"Sounds interesting!" Emily commented as Dom finished explaining what his book was about. Just as Dom mentioned that he hadn't eaten much, the smell of cooking started to waft in from the kitchen. "Don't worry, I think I can smell dinner," Emily said, "Though you should make sure that you eat enough." She added, obviously worried about Dominick. She kissed Dom on the head and stood up, making her way to the kitchen. "Hello, Emma." She said with a welcoming smile as Emma greeted her, "How have you been?" She asked she hadn't seen much of Emma during this case either, it seemed that she'd fallen out of contact with pretty much everyone other than her colleagues during the investigation.

Lilly wandered over to Liam, the Eevee tail that was a part of her onesie waged back and forth as she walked, creating the illusion that it could be real. "Hey, bro." She said playfully.

Emily walked over to Adam, wrapping her arms around him from behind. "Something smells good." She commented softly. She realised that she still hadn't seen someone since coming home. "Is May in her room?" Emily asked noticing her oldest daughter's absence." To Emily it seemed like a rather stupid question, May was pretty much always in her room when she was home, though there was the possibility that she was out.

Adam Rhodes

4:20 PM

Dinner was coming together better thin Adam thought it would. He had just got done tasting dinner when Emily wrapped her arms around him. It felt so good to have her arms around him. He smiled as she said something smells good. " I'm making every ones favorite spaghetti I hope your hungry. He closed his eyes just so he could enjoy the feel of her this close to him for the first time scenes this whole killer case started he had no idea what her part in the case was or if she had a part in case he was not going to ask it would just start a fight and there was no need for a fight. Not on the first night they where together. Scenes this all started. When she asked if there oldest daughter was in her room. That's when he noticed he had not seen her scenes he had got home. He had a feeling she was in her room doing whatever she did when she didn't want to be with the family. "Would you like me to go check on her ? "

May was the child he had a feeling he was going to have a hard time re bonding with. She was a good kid and a hard worker in school she was just in a phase where she wanted to be by herself more. Adam didn't know why and know he and Emily would have to ask her about it one day just at this time they figured it was just a good idea to give her the space she was wanting. As Adam waited for his wife's answer. He watched dinner keep cooking so for it was doing good so there was no need to worry yet.

@Geozak

May took the business card, a look of confusion starting to show on her face. Was he one of those kinds of people? May stuffed the thing in her pocket, with the intention of throwing it away later. She watched as the man went into the house. Without closing the door. May raised an eyebrow. She looked around. Her parents would probably be looking for her right about now. Fuck, what if they saw her in front this grown-ass man’s house? She’d have to hide as quickly as possible. Against all sense of better judgement, she stepped into the house and closed the door.

Emma smiled with joy when Mrs. Rhodes greeted her back and asked her the same question that Mr. Rhodes did, She responded differently this time. "I'm doing good, Mrs. Rhodes, I didn't have to go to work today. So that was a big plus for me." Emma told Emily with a bit of relief in her voice. Emma smelt the dinner that was being prepared and loved it. She heard Emily ask where Anthony's twin sister May was, Adam, replied by asking his wife if she wanted him to check her room, To which Emma interjected. "When I was walking down here, I saw her at the front door of one of your neighbor's houses, She might still be there. I'll get Anthony & we'll go down there and get her." Emma stated. She went & knocked on Anthony's bedroom door, Once she was allowed in, She greeted him with a tight hug and kissed him lovingly on his cheek. She then explained her plan to go down to the neighbor's house and get his twin sister.

Anthony Lucas Rhodes
4:28 PM
Anthony listened to Emma's plan, He nodded and quickly put on his black hoodie jacket, He left the room with Emma following behind him. Anthony stopped at the door & informed his parents that he & Emma would be back in a few minutes. Mom, Dad, Me and Emma are gonna go get May! We'll be back in a few minutes!" Anthony said. He was about to leave when he had an idea. "Hey, Lilly, You wanna tag along with Me & Emma?" Anthony asked his little sister with a warm smile.

The inside of Gabe's house was surprisingly stylish with everything in neutral colors of off-whites and grays. In fact, it was so neat and stylish that it came off as dull, something almost like something out of a magazine brochure. Gabe reappeared shortly, pen and paper in hand, with an expression of surprise almost bordering on terror for a moment, though quickly seemed to calm himself.
"Please take off your shoes," He asked politely, "You know... for the carpet." Visibly, he held himself with more rigidity than before, if such a thing was at all possible. After a brief but palpable silence, he spoke up again with an intensely stiff voice, "Do you... er, want some tea or something?"

Liam James Rhodes
4:28 PM
Geozaki Geozaki TF81 TF81
Liam laughed as he watched Lilly's tail wave around as she walked. "Hey Bro," he echoed, more for the sake of processing it than actually replying. "Y'know, I don't think I've ever heard an Eevee say that before. I suppose if an actual Eevee were to begin talking, people would be very surprised. Kind of like the reaction to finding a talking Meowth. Except, I wouldn't imagine an Eevee having the same kind of voice as Meowth. That'd be weird." He stood thinking about it for a few moments. "Unless... Unless it was in the universe of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon. 'Cause all the Pokémon talk there, right? Or maybe they still speak the language of Pokémon, but it's translated for the sake of the game. I'm not quite sure." Before he could continue, his ramblings were cut off by the re-arrival of Anthony and Emma. And they wanted to take Lilly somewhere.

"Oh." That was all he had to say about it. He had a feeling that Lilly would probably be going with them, especially if it meant the possibility of riding Anthony's chair. Not that he minded. After all, if there's something a person likes to do, then they should do it. That's was Liam's outlook on life, at least. Well, as long as that something wasn't mass murder, trying to swallow a violin whole, or an equally harmful activity.

Assuming that was his cue to leave, he began to make his way back upstairs to resume his adventures through Pokémon Y.

+
Emily May Rhodes

Sunday, March 19th, 2017
4:29 PM
Wormy Wormy TF81 TF81 Dak Dak M Matthew Maple

"I'm starving," Emily commented when Adam said that he hoped everyone was hungry. Before Emily could respond to Adam's question regarding checking on May, Emma mentioned that she'd seen May at the neighbour's house and that she and Anthony could go and get her before she made her way to Anthony's room. "I wonder who she went to see?" Emily said more to herself than anyone else.

"Uh... I mean..." Lilly growled playfully as Liam pointed out that she didn't sound much like an Eevee. Liam was talking about how it might be possible for an Eevee to speak but was cut off by Anthony asking if Lilly wanted to join them. Lilly looked back at Liam, she would feel bad leaving him, especially as he was mid-sentence, but when she turned to look at him he was already walking towards their room. Lilly looked back towards Anthony and Emma. "Ok, yes please." She said with a smile.

"Thanks for doing this, guys," Emily said to Anthony and Emma.

The house was dull and bland, not in a “it’s a typical house” way, but in a “everything’s the same colour wtf” wat. Gabe saw May, and his face changed into one of borderline terror. She didn’t blame him; she’d also be terrified if some Girl Scout just stepped right into the house. The man recovered quickly, though. He asked her to take off her shoes, and she did so. May sort of... walked forward a bit. Just a bit. He asked if she’d like tea.

“Yes, that would be nice,” May said, more out of courtesy than anything. She was silent for a while, just to wait for a reply. “Look,” she finally said after a while. “I’m sorry for letting myself into the house. There are some people that are probably after me, and frankly I don’t want to deal with them right now. If anyone comes up to this door and asks for me, tell them I went down the road.” She paused for a moment. “I’ll still get you Girl Scout cookies, if you want.”

4:30

Dom was quietly reading his book when he noticed that it had started to get a little loud. He had no problem focusing on his book, but he felt awkward with so many people all talking and having a good time. He was the only person that was being quiet. He lifted his head from his book to notice everyone congregating into their group. He closed his book, and slowly got up. He looked around for a second before walking into his room.

He softly closed his door as to not to draw attention to himself. Everyone was having a good time so maybe they didn't notice that Dom had made his way out of the room. He walked over to his desk and took a seat. He had slipped on his headphones and put on a song that he loved. It was "8 Letters" by Why Don't We. He had heard it a few days ago while he was making his way to the library. It was a beautiful song that Dom listened to so much he knew the words. He could sing it even if he wasn't listening to the song. His room wasn't soundproof so it would be easy for people to hear his singing. He wasn't as good as Anthony, his voice was rather plain, but dom wasn't trying to be an amazing singer. He was a bookworm. Spending so much time reading and studying that he didn't really socialize that much. Just being with the people that he lived with he lived was a lot for him. He softly sang as he began to continue reading. When dinner was ready his family would come and get him.

But for right now, he was relaxed in his room reading his book.

Anthony Lucas Rhodes
4:28 - 4:34 PM
Geozaki Geozaki M Matthew Maple doneanddusted doneanddusted Wake Wake
Anthony picked up Lilly and sat her down on his lap. He wheeled over to his mother after she thanked Emma & Anthony for going out to search for May. "No problem, Mom, We'll be back soon," Anthony told Emily. He wheeled himself & Lilly outside, with Emma following behind them and closing the door on her way out. They talked about various topics like the band, video games, and other similar topics. After a few minutes, They made their way to the house.

Anthony: Are you sure, that this is the house, Emma?
Emma: I'm 100% sure.

Anthony nodded, "Okay, You should knock on the door, Emma, 'Cause there's no ramp or anything for me to go up to it." He explained.

Emma Carter
4:34 PM
Emma walked up the steps to the front door of the house, She knocked on the door and took a step back, The house was similar to The Rhodes' house. She did get a few glimpses of the neighbor on her way to and from Anthony's house, Emma didn't know the person's name, but he seemed like a very peculiar person to her. They were tall, slender, and she rarely saw them outside, Though, she & Anthony were strange also, So who was she to judge? She waited outside to see if her knock would get a response from the neighbor.

At May's words, Gabe sighed, "Oh, I see." He said. Although the suggestion of a teenage girl in hot pursuit by a mysterious adversary seemed, at surface level, hardly more appealing than an intrusive girl scout, he felt reassured in the fact that she had a motive for violating his space. Posture growing more relaxed at this revelation, he entered the kitchen and began to prepare tea.
"Don't trouble yourself, I don't like sweet things." Gabe replied in his typical soft yet awkward tone. Shortly, he returned to the living room, two mugs of tea in hand. Handing one to May, he sat on his couch with a small posture, seeming vaguely comedic for his length. "Um, I put one cube of sugar in, I hope that's fine." he mumbled.

May sank down into the couch with a sigh. She took the tea handed to her by Gabe and mumbled some kind of gratitude. Personally, she didn’t like tea, regardless of how many filthy white crystals swam in it. Still, she took a sip, and successfully burned the roof of her mouth.

She was about to speak when she heard knocks at the door. Alarmed, May rushed further into the house as quietly as possible. She found some price of furniture and hid.

4:00pm

Jack had looked up at the sky. It was his first day of freedom in twenty years. He'd been locked up for horrible crimes that he had been ashamed of. His first year was spent trying to find himself. It was a long road that was at times arduous and miserable, but in the end, he had found a path to salvation. He had found god. He was to walk the straight path to salvation. The next 19 years he went to church every Sunday. He devoted himself to something greater than himself and would hopefully make up for his past deeds. He also attended AA meetings daily. He had slipped down and that was what had gotten him caught. He started to walk

4:44pm
Jack had turned down the road that his sister had lived. He hadn't seen her in at least 5 years. She was a busy woman with a career. She was younger then he was by more than a few years. He continued to walk down the road that his sister lived on. It was a quiet area. After a few minutes of walking, he had arrived at her house. He adjusted his tie and walked up to the front door and knocked. He was nervous to see his sister again, and the little ones of her's. It would also be a little weird standing in front of her as a free man. He waited patiently for someone to answer the door.

The knock on the door made Gabe jump and May's abrupt scatter filled him with an overwhelming sense of anxiety. Part of him was tempted to do the same as her and find something in his home large enough for him to fit, but the overwhelming majority of his being felt an intolerable repulsion at the mere thought of giving someone the discourtesy of not answering the door. So, naturally, with a trace amount of infinite terror, he approached the door and peered through the window. Outside, a couple of kids and a young woman stood on his porch. He sent a wary glance back inward towards May, yet that helped nothing. So, thinking any further delay would cross into impolite territory, he opened the door.
"Hello." Gabe greeted them with a stiff nod through the slim crack he opened, "Um... Is there something you want?" he mumbled timidly.
doneanddusted doneanddusted TF81 TF81 and Geozaki Geozaki I think

Sunday, March 19th, 2017
4:43 PM
TF81 TF81 Wake Wake doneanddusted doneanddusted

Lilly giggled as Anthony picked her up onto his lap and wheeled them both out of the house. When they reached the house that Emma confirmed to be the house that she'd seen May enter earlier, Lilly became very shy and a little nervous. She was thankful for the stairs as it meant that Antony would likely stay at the bottom of them, which he did, which meant that Lilly could stay with him, giving her an excuse not to approach the building.

Emily May Rhodes
Sunday, March 19th, 2017
4:45 PM
M Matthew Maple Dak Dak Wormy Wormy

"Don't be too long, dinner will be ready soon!" Emily called after Anthony, Emma and Lilly as they left, in reality, she had no idea it would be before dinner would be ready as Adam was the one cooking but she was still nervous about letting the kids go out alone. She knew that they would be fine and that Anthony and Emma were more than capable of taking care of themselves and of Lilly but she still couldn't help but worry. It was probably just a parental thing and having the job she had probably didn't help as it exposed her to the darkest that New York had to offer.

Emily moved away from Adam as she heard a knock at the door. She assumed it would be the kids but then wasn't sure why they'd knock so by the time she reached the door she was left to ponder curiously as to who would be on the other side. She pulled the door open and froze. "J-Jake?" She stuttered. Words couldn't describe the overwhelming tidal wave of emotions that had hit her upon seeing her brother's face. It had been so long. Emily was also very conflicted about her brother's return. On one hand, he'd been the best brother to her that she could've ever asked for and she loved him to pieces, on the other, there was still a tiny part of her that was nervous about him being around the kids and Adam. As much as Jake had sorted himself out, it was still quite hard to completely move on from what he'd done. "C-come in..." she said, standing to the side to let her brother enter the house. She knew he was safe, but, for a while at least, she'd be keeping a close eye on him, but that didn't change how much she loved him and she was overjoyed that she could finally see him again.

Jake smiled as he saw his sister again. She was truly stunning. He watched as she stepped aside and let him in. He slowly walked in and set his bag down just after entering her house. After he set his bag down he gave Emily a hug. "I'm sorry for coming here unannounced, but this was the only place I knew I could go." He said pulling back from the hug. "I must say you have a very lovely home." He said looking around at the interior of the house. It was a elegant design, it had a very homey aura. He couldn't hear children, or see them for that matter. He could tell that they weren't home. "I take it the children must be out and about? That's good it will give us some time to talk and catch up." He said giving Emily a smile. He looked towards the kitchen to see a man cooking. "I take it that must be Adam?" He asked looking at the man.

He looked back to his sister. "Its been about what, five years?... You look good Em. And this house, is breathtaking! It's very homey. Where are the kids?" He asked looking around for them.

Emma Carter
4:34 - 4:44 PM
Wake Wake doneanddusted doneanddusted Geozaki Geozaki
Emma was a bit intimidated by the man's slender figure, but she regained her composure & answered the man's question with a smile. "Hello, Sir, Sorry to disturb you, But my friends over there..." points to Anthony & Lilly "Are looking for their sister, May Rhodes, It's almost Dinner time & their parents are looking for her. I saw her at your front door, talking to her, on the way to their house...If it's not too much trouble. Could you please inform her that dinner is almost ready at her house and that we need her to come back with us?" Emma asked politely.

Gabe blinked a couple times, glancing between the group. He stuttered out some "erms" and "uhs" for a few moments before replying.
"I uhh... yeah someone came by..." He replied, seeming nervous, "She uhh.... s-she went uhh..." Internally, he began an intense moral struggle. The idea of lying gave him something of a queasy feeling, however he'd already agreed to covering for May. "She went down the road." He said, "I, uh, I was in the middle of something so... please excuse me..." He nodded stiffly to the group before swiftly returning to his house.
Pale, he collapsed on his couch with a noise between a groan and a sigh, seeming exhausted from his ordeal. For once, his posture went slack. "I did it." He called into the house, "Your siblings, I guess, they're having dinner. I was told to pass you the information."
doneanddusted doneanddusted TF81 TF81

Emma Carter
4:46 PM
Wake Wake doneanddusted doneanddusted
Emma nodded and thanked the man, "Thank you for your time, Sir." She descended the steps & went up to Anthony, She told him what the man had told her. She asked him what neighbor would could go ask. She was told that they could go ask Ms. Tanaka, She left with him to go see the new neighbor. Well, she was to her.

Anthony Lucas Rhodes
4:46 - 4:52 PM
The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof Geozaki Geozaki

Anthony wheeled up with Lilly still in his lap, He stopped in front of Ms. Tanaka's house, Anthony saw her sitting in a deck chair, relaxing, He waved to her & called out to her. greeting her with a bright smile. "Hi, Ms. Tanaka! We came by to ask if you've seen May, It's almost time for dinner at our house & we're looking for her. Also, Would you like to join us for dinner?" Anthony proposed a dinner invite politely to Ms. Tanaka.

Yuki had her eyes closed, as she was almost falling asleep on her deck chair. Going to university, working and then learning to not fail the university was quite the stressful live. But there was little she could do, each part of it was crucial to build up a proper life. THough that led to Yuki oftenly being very drained throughout the week. And that also led to her being rather lax on the weekends. She never did much else than keeping her house tidy and nice, as well as her garden. After that was done, the weekend was pretty much just doing nothing.

Yuki opened her eyes, when she heard herself adressed. Looking to who it was, she found it to be a bunch of the Rhodes kids, Anthony and Lilly, as well as Anthonys girlfriend Emma. With a small, supressed yawn she rose up. "I havent seen May, no.", she said. "Im sorry. I have not been particularly watchful the last few hours, i must admit though." She gave an excusing look. Yuki hated to disappoint people and she didnt like the fact she couldnt help them with information. With a tired smile, she then nodded. "I gladly would join you. Thank you.", she said and zipped her jacket up to the fullest. She had it slightly open because it was more comfortable to lay that way, but for walking, it´d get cold rather quickly.
Geozaki Geozaki TF81 TF81

Anthony Lucas Rhodes
4:52 - 4:55 PM
The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof Geozaki Geozaki doneanddusted doneanddusted

Anthony was a little disappointed when Ms. Tanaka told him that she hadn't seen May, Then something dawned on him. He had a feeling that May was inside the previous neighbor's house but didn't want to be found. Though, It was just speculation to him. Anthony kept it to himself & smiled as Ms. Tanaka accepted his invitation. He followed up with another question for her. "Would you like to come back to the house with us?" Anthony asked Ms. Tanaka warmly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back