• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern All in the Family

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Yuki smiled at the question and gently nodded. "Yes, i´d love to.", she said and stretched a bit. She adjusted her glasses, that had almost fallen off, before standing straight again. Then, she pushed her hands into her jackets pockets and grabbed her house keys, locking her house door in the process. She stored her bike in the garage, as she did not have a car yet. Then, she locked the garage as well. With her house properly locked, she turned back to the kids. "Alright, lets go.", she told them with a smile.

Anthony complied with Ms. Tanaka's request and soon they were off, Anthony didn't really know how he was going to explain why May wasn't with them. But he'd figure it out when he got back to the house, On his way back home, Emma, Lilly, Ms. Tanaka & himself talked about how things were going with them and their lives. They made it to the house & went inside one at a time. Anthony announced to his parents that he, Emma and Lilly were back. And that Ms. Tanaka was joining them for dinner. He also had to explain why May wasn't present. "Mom! Dad! We're back & we brought Ms. Tanaka with us, Unfortunately, May didn't come back with us. My guess is she's probably at the neighbor's house. You've seen him before right? Tall, Slender, Wears a suit? Wait!" Anthony said in disbelief and squinted his eyes to make sure he wasn't seeing things incorrectly. His eyes widened with shock as he recognized the face of the man who was in the house, A whole flood of memories came back instantly. "U-U-U-Uncle Jake?" Anthony said completely stunned and somewhat intimidated.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2018-04-28 at 15.21.03.png
+
Emily May Rhodes

Sunday, March 19th, 2017
5:00 PM
M Matthew Maple Dak Dak Wormy Wormy TF81 TF81 The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof Wake Wake

Emily wrapped her arms around Jake tight as he hugged her. She brushed off his apology "It's ok, you know you're always welcome here!" She insisted. Emily thanked Jake as he complimented the house and properly introduced Jake to Adam. "The Kids?" She asked in response to Jake's question regarding the kids' locations. "Liam and Dom are in their rooms... I think, and Anthony, Lilly and Emma have gone to bring May home..." She explained. As she finished talking, Anthony, Lilly and Emma returned

Lilly noticed the strange man in the house almost instantly and she clenched onto Anthony's top subconsciously, she was suddenly feeling very nervous as was normal for her around new people. Emily listened to Anthony as he started to explain why May hadn't returned with them but he suddenly stopped as he noticed Jake. Emily didn't know what to say and couldn't even begin to imagine how Anthony was feeling right now. "U-uncle Jake?" Lilly asked confusedly. She knew that the name rang a bell but she couldn't remember when or where. The kids would've been told about their uncle but for Liam and Lilly, who'd never met him, Emily would've tried to only bring him up in conversation when she had to go and visit him in order to avoid any awkward or possibly scary or even emotional conversations. The last time Emily had visited Jake had been at least 5 years ago so Lilly only had vague memories of when Emily used to go and visit him as she was only 5 at most at the time.

May listened to the voice s of what seemed to be Emma and the "ums" and "ers" of Gabe. Fucking idiots. Why couldn't the family just have texted her or something? She waited to hear the door close before coming out. Gabe was sitting on the couch with a sort of sickly look on his face. It was almost amusing, really.

"Knowing them, they've probably invited the entire fucking neighborhood," May muttered. She looked at Gabe's ghastly figure. "Sorry for making you do all that."

She was silent for a moment. What could she do now? She hated sitting at the dinner table with them, but she also liked food. May considered sending a text to her mom, but she figured that the text would reveal where she was. May sighed. Perhaps it was just best to go home.

"I ought to go." May said. "I've bothered you enough."

She gulped the remnants of her tea, probably burning the rest of her mouth.

"I suppose I'm in your debt."

More silence.

"Or something like that."

She found a pen and a napkin and wrote down her phone number.

"There, my phone number. Text me or something if you want. Or just throw it away." May handed the napkin to him. "I'm going now."

She paused at the front door. "I-Is there a back door?"

Liam had been happily playing Pokémon Y for almost half an hour. He was sat cross-legged on his bunk, taking on Siebold of the Elite Four, when he heard movement and talking coming from downstairs again. He wondered if that meant it was almost time for dinner. Hopefully that was the case; he was starting to feel rather hungry. 3DS still in his hands, he hurried downstairs to find out how much longer it would be until food was ready. However, he only made it halfway down before stopping in his tracks. Someone was there. Well, lots of people were there by the looks of it, but also some man he didn't know. He remained standing there quietly, trying to listen to what was being said in order to decipher who this random person was. He could see their neighbour, Yuki, which was a good sign. Maybe the stranger was a friend of hers. Yuki was one of the least threatening people Liam knew, so if this stranger was associated her, then that would be a relief.

That was when he heard Lilly say "uncle Jake". Definitely not a friend of Yuki.

Normally, the phrase "stranger danger" wasn't applicable to meeting new people, but Liam had never heard very much about this so-called Uncle Jake. What he did know is that he had been in prison. For a long time. That sounded like danger. As far as Liam was aware, there had been no mention of his uncle coming to visit until this moment, which seemed awfully suspicious. "En garde..." he whispered to himself, quoting Siebold, as he took a few more hesitant steps down the stairs, starting to wish that he'd stayed in his room.

5:02 pm
Jake:
Jake had pulled back from hugging his sister to notice that that the kids had all arrived. The first thing he noticed was that Anthony was in a wheelchair. Emily told him that Anthony was in a wheelchair, but telling someone something was one thing, seeing it was another. "My my. Anthony you got taller." He said with a smile. He walked over to him and shook his hand. "You look like you're doing well." He then noticed little Lilly. "You must be Lilly... You know, you look just like your mother when she was young!" He said smiling. He then noticed a girl with them. He didn't know this one. "Hello. I'm Jake, Emily's older brother. It's a pleasure to meet you." He said.

After all the pleasantries were done Jake walked back over to Emily. "You have a beautiful family..." He said. He had a family too, but they were gone now. They weren't dead, just gone. His face didn't reflect what he was feeling. He was smiling. He could always hide what he was feeling and got very good at it while he was away.

Dominick:

Dom had walked out of his room. He had spent a little while reading. Honestly, he was only walking out of his room to go use the bathroom but he stopped when he noticed a man talking with the Miss's. Dom, only being a part of the family for a year had never seen nor heard about who this man was. His eyes darted around the room. He was looking at the face. A couple of them were surprised, and a couple was confused. It seemed like whoever this man was, he meant a lot to this family. He didn't say anything though.
Geozaki Geozaki TF81 TF81 Wormy Wormy

Anthony was pretty nervous & frightened by his uncle's sudden arrival, He pulled Lilly into a protective embrace, He knew pretty well why he was gone for so long, From what he could recall. Jake attempted to murder his wife & kids and before that, drug-related charges. He knew very well that a person with Paranoid Personality Disorder & excessive drug use doesn't mix, But it wasn't very clear whether the cause was a one or the other, So the most logical conclusion Anthony could come to was a combination of both. Anthony could still remember how difficult it all was for his parents to explain it to him & his sister, May. Anthony attempted to the best of his ability to remain cool and collected. He was terrified of the possibility that the horrific event would be carried out again, but on his Family, Friends and Neighbor, Yuki, He shook his uncle's hand & put up a smile. "Yeah, I'm doing pretty good, This is my Girlfriend & Bandmate, Emma Carter." Anthony said as he gestured towards Emma.

Emma Carter
5:02 PM
Emma nodded and shook Jake's hand & greeted him. "Nice to meet you, Jake, I'm Emma Carter." Emma stated with a smile. Though she did sense the confusion & tension in the room, She noticed Anthony was shakened by his uncle, She guessed it might be some deep history within the family. She wanted to ask, but she felt like now wasn't the best time.

+
Emily May Rhodes

Sunday, March 19th, 2017
5:03 PM
M Matthew Maple Dak Dak Wormy Wormy TF81 TF81 The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof Wake Wake

Lilly Snuggled closer to Anthony as this 'Jake' character approached them and Anthony protectively embraced her. As if meeting a new person wasn't difficult enough for her as it was, she could sense Anthony's anxiety towards the man and it was piling up on top of her own. If Anthony had a reason to fear him then it was probably a good reason. Lilly didn't respond to Jake's attempt to introduce himself, she was practically petrified with fear at this point.

Emily noticed Anthony's sudden tension around her brother. "I'm sure everyone has questions and there's a lot of catching up to do..." She said loudly, hoping to grab everyone's attention and diffuse the situation. "Why don't we all go into the living room and have a chat?" She suggested, unable to think of any other options at that point in time. "I'll put the kettle on, anyone want a drink?" She asked, filling the kettle from the tap. She placed the kettle on its base and flipped the switch to turn it on.

Anthony took Lilly to his room, He had bought and boxed her a present yesterday, Anthony sat her on his bed & went to his closet to retrieve his gift. He lifted the lid of the box & handed the present to her. "Lilly, I bought you a present, Here you go..." He said with a bright smile as he revealed the gift to her.

After Lilly's excitement had faded, He spoke quietly. "Look, Lilly, I know you're afraid and confused about what's going on right now in the living room, So am I. But Mom will explain it when we go back to the living room & everything's calmed down, Just know that Mom won't let anything happen to you, Me, or anyone else. I'll protect you also. So if you're ever afraid or worried, Keep that gift close to you and hug it if you need to. 'Kay?" Anthony stated firmly but with a gentle tone to his statement. He picked up Lilly & placed her back on his lap and wheeled back to the living room.

616K+n8+zAL._SY550_.jpg

Throughout the whole scene, Yuki felt incredibly misplaced. There obviously was some family buisness at hand, that she was unknowing of. The man that seemed to cause all of the ruckus greeted her rather poliety, but Yuki, who was more than just overwhelmed with the situation, just managed to smile and nod with a slight bow. She couldnt get a word out at the moment. The kids seemed rather stunned as well, which added to Yuki´s anxiety about the situation. She should´ve never come along, at least she felt like she shouldnt. Even when Emily offered an explanation, Yuki doubted that would fill her in a lot and was rather to calm down the kids. Though, right now, Yuki felt just as lost as a kid in a big shop, when they had lost their parent.

Gabe, who hadn't received a phone number from someone outside of a business setting in longer than he could remember, looked fairly shocked. Folding the napkin, he tucked it into his pocket, stuttering out something of a thank you, though he generally didn't intend to call her.
After recovering from his new experience, he glanced at May, internally scrutinizing her body language and some of the things she said throughout the conversation.
"Er..." He mumbled, "If you're... avoiding your family, I don't really mind buying you dinner or something." He fiddled with his hands and glancing around the room, unable to hold eye-contact for more than half a second, obviously fairly uncomfortable. "Since when I was a kid I used to, uhh... leave a lot too..." He muttered, barely audibly, feeling kind of weird about the whole deal.
"But the back door is over there, just at the end of the hall... You can let yourself out." Gabe said, putting his head in his hands in embarrassment.
doneanddusted doneanddusted

+
Emily May Rhodes

Sunday, March 19th, 2017

Lilly practically launched herself at Anthony, hugging him tight as she saw what he'd given her. "Thankyouuuuuuu LuLu!" She said, using the nickname she'd created for Anthony when she was tiny based on his middle name, her voice quivering a little with excitement. Lilly eventually pulled herself away from Anthony, realising that she was probably overdoing the whole hugging thing, which she tended to do a lot. Lilly sat down on Anthony's bed, hugging her new friend close to her chest. Lilly looked up to Anthony as he started to speak, listening to him carefully. Lilly nodded as he finished. "O-okay!" she said with a smile, trying to reassure both herself and Anthony a little. She could still tell that Anthony felt uneasy about the whole situation. "Wh-who is that man?" She asked quietly, looking into Anthony's eyes worriedly. Lilly saw her siblings as idols, heroes of sorts and always assumed that nothing ever really frightened them, especially Anthony and May as she rarely saw either of them frightened, so the fact that Anthony seemed so worried about the whole situation was quite a big thing to her.

No one replied to Emily's question regarding hot drinks so she prepared for everyone just in case. She took out enough mugs from the cupboard for everyone present, even the kids, and placed the mugs on the kitchen table, where everyone could grab one. She pulled out a teapot, plonking three teabags inside before pulling out a cafetiere. She then went to the fridge and took out the milk and a small bag, she placed the milk on the table with the mugs and went back to the cafetiere where she opened the bag, which was half full of ground coffee, she scooped three heaped scoops of coffee into the cafetiere before returning the pouch of coffee to the fridge. Emily then placed the sugar on the table as well as a handful of tablespoons. Just then, the kettle started to rattle about as it came to the boil. Emily took it off its stand and proceeded to fill the teapot followed by the cafetiere. Emily placed the kettle back on its stand and put the lids on both the teapot and cafetiere, she then placed them both down on the table. After a short moment, she pushed the small handle on the lid of the cafetiere down so that the filter made it's way through the coffee, separating the liquid from the granules.

Once Emily had finished making enough drink for everyone, she returned her attention to the room. She was going to say something before she spotted Yuki who seemed to be particularly uncomfortable. Emily walked over to Yuki with a smile. "Hey, Yuki." She said gently. "I'm sorry you came over to..." Emily hesitated, looking over towards the other people who were still in the kitchen. "To all of this." She finished her sentence, waving her hand around in the air to gesture at what had transpired since Yuki, Anthony, Emma and Lilly had arrived. "I'd love you to stay," Emily explained, "but if you feel too uncomfortable here with everything that's going on, I won't blame you." Emily understood how awkward this whole situation must be for Yuki, but she was kind of hoping Yuki would stay, it was always nice having her over and she was someone who might be able to help with making the kids feel more comfortable around Jake.

[class=stoneBackground] width: 100%; height: calc(auto + 30px); background: #1c2129; [/class] [class=stoneTitle] color: white; text-align: center; font-size: 50px; margin-bottom: 0px; [/class] [class=stoneBoxBar] display: flex; flex-direction: row; flex-wrap: wrap; align-items: center; justify-content: center; width: 90%; margin: auto; [/class] [class=stoneBox] height: 90px; width: 370px; text-align: center; background: rgba(16,20,26, 0.7); margin-right: 5px; [/class] [class=stoneBoxHeader] color: #787c87; font-size: 25px; [/class] [class=stoneBoxContent] color: white; font-size: 40px; margin-top: -20px; [/class] [class=stoneMain] width: 80%; height: auto; margin: auto; background: #f0f2f5; padding: 20px; color: black; font-size: 15px; line-height: 22px; [/class] [class=stoneCredit] color: white; text-align: center; font-size: 9px; margin-top: 30px; [/class] [div class=stoneBackground][div class=stoneTitle]Jake[/div][div class=stoneBoxBar][div class=stoneBox][div class=stoneBoxHeader]Date:[/div][div class=stoneBoxContent]March 19th 2017[/div][/div][div class=stoneBox][div class=stoneBoxHeader]Time:[/div][div class=stoneBoxContent]5:03 PM[/div][/div][div class=stoneBox][/div][/div][/div][div class=stoneMain]Jake had walked with the rest of his family. He knew that he was going to have to put up a good case for him to be trusted again. He had thought of something on his walk over. For him to show up unnanounced and out of the blue. He thought that he would have to be exlain everything to Emily but not the kids. He grabbed a cup of coffee and put two spoonful's of sugar and a decent amount of creamer. He mixxed it up with a spoon and took a small sip.

He cleared his throat. "I know that you all must have heard about what I have done... I can't take what I did in the past back. I've made my mistakes and I will have to live with them for the rest of my life..." He said in a soft tone as he puts his hand in his pocket and begins to fiddle with something in his pocket. "While I was away, I've turned my life around, I've gone to meetings weekly and spent a lot of time reflecting what I have done..." He then pulls the item out of his pocket. To some, it might look like a simple pocket chip but to those that know what it is. It's a 20-year sober chip. "I've also devoted myself to someone higher than myself. I've gone to church now for about 19 years straight. Never missed a service on Sunday... Now I know it's big shock for me to show up out of the blue and I promise you. What happened in the past will never happen again." He said looking at each and every person in the eyes except for Lilly, Liam, and Yuki seeing as they might not know what happened.
[/div][div class=stoneCredit] Coded By || StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 [/div][/div]

Anthony Lucas Rhodes
Geozaki Geozaki Dak Dak M Matthew Maple The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof
As Anthony wheeled back to living room, He heard Lilly's quiet question regarding his uncle, Anthony knew that Lilly didn't know of Uncle Jake, seeing as how Jake was locked up by the time Lilly was born. He tried to figure out how to explain who he was without giving her the full story, He knew his mother & father most likely wouldn't want him to tell anyone about Jake & his past, especially Lilly. He decided the best course of action in this situation, was to just state Jake's relation to Emily & leave it at that. "He's Mom's brother & our uncle, That's all I'm gonna tell you, Mom'll have to explain more to you because I don't want to get in trouble with her and dad." Anthony explained. He and Lilly made it back to the living room where He saw Ms. Tanaka looking uncomfortable about the situation involving Jake's sudden appearance, He stopped in front of the kitchen where Jake was giving his reasons for showing up to the house.

Liam remained crouched at the bottom of the stairs, his position likened to a frog. He listened carefully to everything that the strange man, no, his uncle, was saying. He was a little disturbed that his mother seemed to be more concerned about making hot beverages than explaining what on Earth was going on. The sudden stench of coffee mixed with the confusing situation was causing him to feel a bit sick. Or maybe that was because his old English teacher used to drink coffee all the time. He wasn't sure. But that didn't matter. What did matter was that he had no clue what was going on, and it was making him feel very uneasy. He took a couple of deep breaths in through his nose to try calm down, but unfortunately that only made the coffee smell worse. Bouncing up from his frog-like stance, he dashed towards the nearest bathroom to escape, 3DS still clasped in his hands. However, it seemed that Dominick was already on the way there. After letting out a quiet "gah" of surprise, he turned back to the living room, where he started to pace in confused circles.

Yuki watched Emily prepared everything, before the officer then approached her. She excused for the mess Yuki found herself in and stated that, while she´d love her to stay, Emily would understand if Yuki would rather leave. This put Yuki in an even worse spot. She really liked Emily and the rest of the family, but this situation was a lot more than she could handle. She didnt want to leave, but she didnt want to stay either. Yuki decided to stay anyways. "Its fine, you could´nt have known that Anthony would just ask me to come. It´s a bit weird for me, since i don´t really know what is going on and everyone is so tense, but if you´d like me to stay, i am not going to turn down the invite.", she said with a kind smile. "I´m sure, this will all be sorted out by dinner time and we can all have a great evening. If i can help with anything, be it dinner or with the situtation, tell me Emily. You know i love to held where ever i can."

May watched Gabe struggle. Internally, she peeled up at the sound of Gabe buying her dinner. Free food? Oh, yes. When the man buried his face in a defeated sort of manner, May almost laughed. He was almost endearing, really. The girl saw nothing wrong with staying more. Gabe was pretty much offering to buy her food, and he was definitely not a pedophilic kidnapper or anything. May felt like a small push could probably be enough to fight against the likes of this man, anyways. There was no blatant reason to decline. May gave the man a smile.

“I guess that would be nice,” she said. “I’m feeling impulsive, anyways.”

She paused for a moment.

“I guess that puts me even further in debt to you,” she sighed. “You know, I was thinking... why did you agree to buying Girl Scout cookies if you don’t even like sweet things?”

Anthony wheeled over to the couch and placed Lilly down on it, He heard Ms. Tanaka tell his mother how uncomfortable she was with the whole Jake situation but decided to stay, Anthony felt guilty for inviting her & felt responsible for it. He decided to apologize to Ms. Tanaka, even though there was no need to. He wheeled up to Ms. Tanaka and began to speak in a nervous tone. "Uh, M-M-Ms. Tanaka? I would like to apologize sincerely for inviting you here. I didn't mean for you to feel uncomfortable..." Anthony said feeling guilt behind each word of his Apology. He took out his phone & texted May quickly and after the text was sent, He put the phone back into his pocket.

May
me
May, You might want to come home soon.

+
Emily May Rhodes

Sunday, March 19th, 2017
5:04 PM

Lilly just observed everything that was going on silently. She was very overwhelmed and didn't really know what was going on, everything had sort of suddenly descended into chaos. When Anthony placed her on the sofa in the living room she just stayed there, listening to the conversation that was still going on in the kitchen but not making any effort to rejoin the conversation or even move from where Anthony had placed her. She squeezed her Eevee tight and closed her eyes.

"I hope so..." Emily said quietly in response to Yuki. She'd listened closely to her brother's speech and she knew what he said to be true, even though she hadn't managed to visit him in the past 5 years, he was already doing most of what he'd just announced when she'd last visited him.

Lilly opened her eyes as she heard someone enter the living room, she was a little panicked until she noticed that it was Liam, who seemed to be just as overwhelmed by the whole situation as she did. She just watched Liam, unable to think of anything worth saying.

[class=stoneBackground] width: 100%; height: calc(auto + 30px); background: #1c2129; [/class] [class=stoneTitle] color: white; text-align: center; font-size: 50px; margin-bottom: 0px; [/class] [class=stoneBoxBar] display: flex; flex-direction: row; flex-wrap: wrap; align-items: center; justify-content: center; width: 90%; margin: auto; [/class] [class=stoneBox] height: 90px; width: 370px; text-align: center; background: rgba(16,20,26, 0.7); margin-right: 5px; [/class] [class=stoneBoxHeader] color: #787c87; font-size: 25px; [/class] [class=stoneBoxContent] color: white; font-size: 40px; margin-top: -20px; [/class] [class=stoneMain] width: 80%; height: auto; margin: auto; background: #f0f2f5; padding: 20px; color: black; font-size: 15px; line-height: 22px; [/class] [class=stoneCredit] color: white; text-align: center; font-size: 9px; margin-top: 30px; [/class] [div class=stoneBackground][div class=stoneTitle]Kane[/div][div class=stoneBoxBar][div class=stoneBox][div class=stoneBoxHeader]Date:[/div][div class=stoneBoxContent]March 19th 2017[/div][/div][div class=stoneBox][div class=stoneBoxHeader]Time:[/div][div class=stoneBoxContent]5:05PM[/div][/div][div class=stoneBox][/div][/div][/div][div class=stoneMain]Kane had left the precint a little before Emily, but he had gone to the gym to blow off some stress. The both of them had earned some time off. Both him and Emily were basically the hotshot detectives in the precin. They had taken some of the hardest cases, and had put away some of the baddest of people. Their most recent case was especially bad. The perp had held up his own family when he was caught. With a lot of stress riding on him, he decided to do the thing he needed to do was blow off some of that stress. So he had gone to the gym. After that he went home and took a shower. After he was showered up and dried off, he got dressed and went out. There was an old tradition that he had, whenever he had completed a case he would share a drink with his partner.

It didn't take him that much time to get from his place to his partner's. Thinking back to it, Kane had been Emily's partner for a long time now. They were basically family. He knew a lot about her life and she was the one that knew the most about him. He had gotten out of his car and grabbed his bottle of whiskey. He had actually walked in the door. After about 5 years as a partner to her, he had started to walk in the door without even knocking. He saw a group surrounding the kitchen table. He saw Emily and walked over to her. "Hey Emily." He said as he gave her a small hug. After he let her go he asked a question. "So who's the guy?" He asked about Jake.
[/div][div class=stoneCredit] Coded By || StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 [/div][/div]
Geozaki Geozaki

Yuki looked at Anthony and shook her head. "Ah, dont worry, its all good.", she said, trying to make him feel less bad about bringing her into an awkward situation. She didnt want him to feel bad. "Im a guest so i really shouldn´t be complaining. Its my fault i gave you the impression you did something wrong. I´m the one that should apologize.", she told him and then smiled at Emily. "Oh, im sure everything will be fine. " Yuki had no idea what Jake meant with 'What he had done' and that was probably for the best. If she knew that the man had tried to kill somebody, she would probably faint in panic. Ever since the incident that she witnessed, Yuki was very fragile in her nerves when it came to convicts.

Gabe paused for a moment, somewhat jarred at his offer being accepted, and glanced up at May. Although he didn't necessarily ask in jest, he didn't expect her to ever actually take him up on his offer--such a thing happened so rarely, it'd often slip his mind such at thing could. He paused for a short moment, trying to figure out what a natural and applicable social response could be. He stood up rather stiffly, hoping his guest couldn't have somehow read his inept thought process, and began toward his kitchen.
"Then let's order something, then." Gabe said, opening a drawer and producing a folder from it. Within, he seemed to collect fliers, coupons, menus and the like, the sort of junk mail one would regularly receive and eagerly throw away.
"Uh, what do you want?" He asked May, "I have the number for most of the local places... I think. You can order whatever you want." He began to fidget again, seeming to grow gradually more uncomfortable as he talked.
Gabe considered May's question for a moment, recalling the justification to why he initially accepted the purchase. Upon his first and instinctive consideration, contributing to the neighborhood micro-economy would in turn contribute to a positive reputation for himself. However, running through a myriad of possible reactions to his action, most of which ending with nothing happening and a vague addition to his vague misery or a decreased reputation and a slight sense of shame. He'd also inevitably acquire a useless product to discard. He crossed his arms tightly over the lower part of his chest, deeply perturbed on an existential level.
"There's no real reason..." Gabe muttered in response at length.
doneanddusted doneanddusted

Last edited:
When Gabe looked up, May raised her eyebrow, as if asing "What?". Now May wasn't very good at body language cues, but it was plain as day that Gabe was trying to figure out what to do. He'd started to prove himself highly predictable. She followed the man into the kitchen, where he took out a folder of various kinds of paperstuffs. May tried not to judge, but found it increasinly difficult.

His reply to May's question mildly piqued her interest. Though she guessed he was the kind to agree to most things. She came close to look at the papers in the folders.

"Mmmm, I don't know," May mumbled. "Do you know what tastes good? Or- I guess you could just- like- get whatever's cheaper."

Her phone buzzed. She took a look at it. Anto had texted her. She sighed.

She sent a text reading:
What do you want? to him.

May looked back at Gabe with a somewhat forced smile.

Wake Wake TF81 TF81

Anthony Lucas Rhodes
5:05 PM
The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof Dak Dak doneanddusted doneanddusted
Anthony looked up at Ms. Tanaka as she tried to relieve him of his misplaced guilt with her response & assurance that it wasn't his fault, He did feel somewhat better. But in Anthony's mind, Catastrophizing was occurring. 'Jake's here...If he stays he's gonna snap & try to murder us & I'll be at fault for Ms. Tanaka's death. Oh my god! Oh my god!' Anthony put up a fake smile & thanked Ms. Tanaka. "Thank you, Ms. Tanaka, I feel alot better now," Anthony said half-truthfully. Anthony's phone went off, He took it out & read May's text & began replying.

Adam Rhodes
4:20 PM - 5:05 PM
Geozaki Geozaki Wormy Wormy Wake Wake
Adam was busy focusing on preparing dinner, He observed the whole situation that was unfolding. Adam decided that while he was making dinner, He would listen to the remainder of the situation. Adam was just as worried at Jake's arrival as everyone else was, He knew about Jake's criminal past. The nights he would show up to the house, asking for money for his at-the-time drug addiction, A place to stay and obviously the most worrying crime, His murder attempt on his now ex-wife & kids. Even though Jake said He has sobered up, Which Adam could believe, The promise Jake made about not allowing his murderous attempt happen again. Well, Adam was understandably skeptical of that. Jake's Paranoid personality made what he said hard to believe.

After a while, Emily's partner Kane had arrived. It was just in time too, Adam had finished preparing dinner & made the announcement. "Hey, Everyone! Dinner's ready! We're having Spaghetti & Meatballs!" Adam turned to Kane & offered him the opportunity to join the family & Yuki for dinner. "Kane, Would you like to join us for dinner?" Adam asked in a warm, friendly tone. Adam wondered where his oldest daughter, May, was at. Based on Anthony's short description of the neighbor he mentioned, Adam guessed it was Gabe Klein. Adam had seen him around the neighborhood, He didn't interact with the man much. The neighbor didn't seem very sociable, Adam wanted to tell Emily where he thought their daughter was at. Mainly because his 'Overprotective dad' side was getting to him.

May
me
May, You might want to come home soon.
them
What do you want?
me
Things are getting really uncomfortable here at home, Emma, Lilly & I just got home and Uncle Jake is here. We don't know why, He just showed up randomly.

May stared at her phone, not even caring to hide her disturbance. With her finger, she covered the name displayed on the screen. Uncle Jake? The fucking drug addict psycho who tried to murder his family? Fuck no. Fuck. No. She wouldn’t even touch the house until that bastard was out of there. It then occurred to May that Anto was trying to get May to be the one who’d ease whatever tension was occurring back at home. It was what the family always turned to her for. May pressed her lips together. She had the feeling that, even if she wanted to go back, she’d make the situation worse.

And yet, even though May despised all the siblings, she felt the need to mettle just a bit in these affairs.

So May sent a text:

“Hell no. Go distract the kids or something and let the adults talk it out.”

May looked back at Gabe with the same smile she always used. Still waiting for a reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back