• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern All in the Family

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Mason Walker & Shon Lee

IMG_0519.JPG

IMG_0520.JPG
The hour was drawing near to his next class or in reality his first of the day would begin. However all the while as time went by Mason didn't focus much on time, didn't look up toward the clock or even down to his watch. Instead Mason continued to play searching for a moments escape into his music while he could play in the way he felt was his best, using his main hand, while his choice of songs were not his own he had been searching for some light to turn on in his head, a source of inspiration to help him find that meaning and reason behind a song. It had been seemingly years since he last wrote a song, least a song he could feel proud of and feel worth putting out there. During his free time when he wasn't talking to John or his wife or Shon, others or working on something else, Mason often tried to write a new song in hopes of seeing he still had a few hits left in him. But he was very self critical and highly demanding of his work both on the keys, strings and other instruments he played or if it was writing a song, he was quite critic of himself and what he expected even the slightest tune being off or flow of a song or wording being off would send him into a scrap it kind of mood.

The song of his choice now upon transitioning from Greta Van Fleets 'brave new world' guitar cover was an old band that was one of his influences growing up... Led Zeppelin while starting to play one of their songs on his guitar and provide some vocals as he began to sing as well. All the while John was likely to be out of school soon or perhaps was already, if so perhaps he'd send a message to him and see about dinner later. With Johns mother and his wife being out of town that meant Mason had more to consider around the house, he helped out of course and did his share but cooking wasn't his forte exactly even with shons help he was still just a simple cook often barbecue or pizza or some restaurant often shons in that case. But even with such thoughts in the moment, even with his phone going off from a likely Shon text if he were to bet on it. Anyways he played a cover of Led Zeppelin and sang while awaiting his class and to find what he sought.

Meanwhile back at the Lycan room Shon remained quite busy with handling restaurant matters and preparing for tonight. He had been dealing with matter of the nights entertainment thinking it would be a nice touch with all that has been happening lately. He had sent a text to Mason for some ideas on local bands but hadn't heard back yet. Meanwhile his assistant had been running all over checking on details for the third time ensuring everything was well like Shon asked. It was never enough to check once or twice for Shon he always preferred a third check, a third look to cover more time and ensuring nothing changed in the gap from the last check.

However while Shon did some paperwork and balanced the budget, the least favorite part of his day and the most dreaded. But while a block of the moody blues payed overhead and he sat down with his work at one of the booths of his restaurant. Shon checked his watch then looked toward his phone seeing a text from his Lizzie giving a small smile in notice of the text, a reason too for a slight break to read and respond to the text.

"Ok cool. Just take it easy on the road and be safe, huh? I'll see you later. Say hi to John and the band for me in the meantime. Love you too Moon!"
Shon replied with a text and adding a heart emoji to go along with it. While he was very aware of his daughters age and maturity over the years, he still couldn't help but reminisce about her days as his little girl... well truth was she always would be and the same for any of his kids but she wasn't a little girl anymore and he did his best not to embarrass her, but during such times it reminded him and likely others how short life really is and not to take things for granted, it made him reminisce more then he already had tendency to do especially when it came to his family and friends. Furthermore he thought of his wife, thought of many things as he reluctantly returned to his dreaded paperwork.

TF81 TF81

Justus-Siegbert Brandt
2:11 PM
University Campus

At the moment, his fellow classmates were talking about the hottest gossip. Which ranged from an elderly professor being accused of tax evasion, to a fellow students pregnancy. 'Well, it makes sense that she may be pregnant. I mean, did she really seem like a smart girl to any of you?' 'No, not really. Still wondering how the hell she evenj managed to get in here.' Well, Justus-Siegbert would like to say he hates gossip, but he enjoys it. Gossip is nice and honestly, funny. 'Well, we'll found out if she is pregnant when s-s- when she drops out.' Well, that shouldn' take too long...it's a wonder she hasn't quit yet.
A few more minutes passed, and the group slowly disbanded. someof his classmates were currently organizing a surprise party, as someone's birthday is slowly approaching. Well, surprise parties are always funny...but Justus isn't a party person. He got asked if he wants to join in, but he calmly declined, which his classmates respected. 'Well, see y'all tomorrow! Bye-bye!' He waved to the group before leaving the campus, making his way to the train station.​

Jaz stood at the entrance to campus, cool air swirling around her. Staring down at her scuffed and dusty black boots, she habitually ran a hand through her thick, wavy hair, forking some of it away out of her view. Twirling a small strand of it around her carefully manicured nail, she fluttered her eyes before looking back up and starting to slowly walk towards her dorm. Heels clicking across the almost empty plaza, she wrapped an arm around herself and hurried to the building.
As she swung the door open, a gust of air blew her hair back. She quietly bounded up the stairs, letting out a small sigh as the familiar warmth of the building washed over her and wrapped her in a warm embrace. Slowing down almost to a halt, she slipped her hand into her petite blue clutch, digging around for her keys. Meek jingles rang through the hall, and Jaz slid the key into her room.
When she closed the door, it was almost like she became a completely different person. Kicking off her heeled boots and flinging her jacket across a desk chair haphazardly, she flopped onto her bed. Smiling giddily and slipping off the mattress, she excitedly rustled through her messy desk in search of her sticker-covered laptop. Plopping back onto the bed, laptop in hand, Jaz opened it, grabbing headphones from off her nightstand. Tossing them on, she eagerly started working.

Emily May Rhodes
March 27th, 2017
2:12 PM
Wormy Wormy TF81 TF81 Ali Ali Texangamer Texangamer

Emily turned around as she heard Naomi's voice from behind her. She made her way over to Naomi and crouched down in front of her so that she was equal height to Naomi. "Hey Naomi, We're doing ok, how are you doing?" She asked softly. She tried to remain cheery but she was genuinely concerned for Naomi, out of everyone, she was the one who'd been affected the most by events of the past few days. A few moments after Emily asked Naomi how she was holding up, the landline started to ring with a monotonous electronic tone which cut across the relatively quiet conversation.

Maria LaGuerta
Dak Dak
Maria looked up at Kane and watched him as he entered her office and took a seat. "Detective Kane... I know that you have a lot on your plate at the moment but I wanted to talk to you about this before I talk to anyone else, I feel like I can trust you." Maria's face showed no hint of emotion which was typical for her, but, at closer inspection, there was a slight glint in her eyes and her voice quivered ever so slightly, betraying that she was a little upset, not that she would admit it of course. Maria took a deep breath before continuing. "Sergent Doakes has been... killed" Maria's voice caught a little towards the end of her sentence. Maria and James had been partners up until a case which got her a promotion to Lieutenant and got James promoted to sergeant and, although it was never proven, there was a rather popular theory going around the station for a while that the two were romantically involved. But, what was certain, was the two of them had been very close. "He was gunned down, we still don't know who by, but mark my words, they won't get away with this." Maria composed herself, she had let her anger slip out a little and she quickly covered it up. "Anyway... The reason I called you here specifically is this, I want to offer the position of sergeant to you, you've been here the longest, you're probably the best cop I know and I know that I can trust you." Maria fell silent, watching Kane curiously as she waited for him to give her an answer.

Naomi Ornella O'Dare March 27th, 2017
2:12

Naomi just looked at Emily as she bites her lip" it's hard but I think I'm okay I'm trying to be strong for my parents my dad caught me crying today I haven't been back to school but I'm trying to heal I just miss her I miss Luka" she said as she was trying to be strong" she is..... she was an amazing sister" she says" she helped me after the accident but I just miss her so much but thank you for being here for me I really appreciate it" she says half smiling a little she wanted to be with them she looked at Liam" I am okay it just takes time for me to heal" she told them

Maggie.jpg
Maggie Laurain Danvers
Monday, March 27th, 2017 ~ 2:12 P.M. ~ Evergreen Highschool

Maggie hadn't known what to expect as she made the dramatic shift from living in a rural area in Florida to... Upstate, New York. Unpacking had taken longer than expected, and she still hadn't fully recovered from the flight. At least she hadn't changed time zones, jet-lag would have been rough if her aunt and uncle had still lived in California. Still, it had taken her the whole weekend to get settled, and she had decided before she even moved that she would force herself to attend school on Monday. When Monday rolled around, however, she was cursing herself for ever saying that. The thought of a new school excited her though, even if the thought of entering as a new student her senior year sounded borderline terrifying.
Getting to school this morning had been, well, rough. Still, the lively red-head was determined to make it work, there was no going back now. Her first day of school had basically been a complete blur, though she had at least attempted to absorb all the material thrown at her. She hadn't spoken to anyone really, besides introducing herself to a few of her new teachers, and it felt sorts strange, but not bad really. She needed at least a day to get oriented. Tomorrow she would just have to be more social to make up for it. Now that the bell had rung, she had practically ran from the place, and out to wait for her ride, who she hopped would get here as soon as possible. She hated not having a car anymore after having to leave it in the move, but her aunt would be a reliable chaperone for the time being... She hoped at least. So she waited patiently, just outside the building, for the familiar car to pull up, a content smile on her face as she read an ebook on her phone. It was one of her old favorites, something they made her read in middle school and she had always found comforting in a way. Now she read it just to have something to do to pass the time.

Last edited:
Kane was blown away when the LT asked him to become sargeant. That would be a promotion. "Respectfully Lt. That would be a big advancement. I'm gonna need a night to sleep on it. I will get back to you tomorrow." Something like that, really meant that Kane had proven himself. But he needed to think about it. "If that's all LT, I need to head out. I have to see about a couple of things for the case I'm on." He said standing up. He walked to the door but stopped. "It's a shame about Dokas. I'll look into his case, after I finish with this one." He said before walking out the door.
Geozaki Geozaki

Domonick had spent the school day either in class or in the library. Those were the places he knew that he could relax, if only for a second before diving in the mystery that was his mind. He knew that his mind would tick in a certain way that was different from everyone else. If his book weren't set in a certain way, if everything in his locker was off center then it would drive him slightly insane. He was deep in concentration when the school bell had snapped him out of his thoughts. He hadn't kept track of what time it was. He had missed his last class of the day. It was a study hall, but still he was lost in his own mind. He got up from his desk and slowly made his way to his locker.

Everything was in it's perfect place. He grabbed his bag, and slowly put his books in his bag, along with a couple of binders from the classes that he had homework in. Both anatomy and calculus. Those classes were easy to him. Numbers spoke to him, it clicked in a way he understood which was why he was in calculus. He took anatomy because he found the human body so entising and interesting. He didn't know what tomorrow held, but he knew that he was going to be doing something with the human body. He stood at his locker for a minute collecting everything for his homework.

After everything was collected Dom had closed his locker and walked out into the enterance of his school. He was going to wait for the people he stayed with to come out. They would normally all go home together. It gave Dom a second to try and collect his thoughts about the school day and plan out his evening. His homework wouldn't take that long. Maybe an hour or so, the restof his night was going to be spent reading. He wanted to read more into his anatomy class for the next school day.

He looked up to see a red headed girl sitting around him. She wasn't scrolling throught facebook, or social media. It looked like she was reading something on her phone. "Good book?" He asked sitting there. He was a bit of a bigger kid, and he did seem young, almost like a freshman, but in reality he was a junior with enough credits to graduate that year.
NivieApple NivieApple

Maggie Laurain Danvers
Monday, March 27th, 2017 ~ 2:13 P.M. ~ Evergreen Highschool

Maggie's head snapped up suddenly and she jumped a little as she heard a voice nearby. Then she saw who said it and took a breath to calm her nerves. It was a boy, clearly younger then her, but he seemed nice enough, at least she thought he did. She considered him for a moment before the corners of her lips rose in a small smile and she nodded once.
"One of my favorites actually, " she said, turning her phone off and sitting up straighter. After a day of just trying to get by, some actual human-to-human interaction could be nice. At least while she waited. "The Giver. You know it?" The girl asked, once again referring to her book as she shifted her fluffy red hair to the other side so it was no longer covering her face and regarded this guy with a casual curiosity.
NivieApple NivieApple

Last edited:
zelda morales - march 27th 2017 - 2:20pm - @ evergreen highschool - tags; TF81 TF81 Dak Dak NivieApple NivieApple Astralworks Astralworks
tumblr_pgiwd8WbQ91qcukfgo1_400.gif
by the time zelda dismissed the class, half of them were already out the door. she rolled her eyes lightly at this, murmuring goodbyes to the students who bid her adieu and sending a constant, and genuine, smile. it didn't bother her half as much as it should have. for a bunch of worn out children, they had done extremely well to pay attention in their last few minutes. she commended them for that.
zelda was about to begin rubbing her different coloured markers off the board when anthony rhodes made himself known beside her. immediately attentive, she turned to face him with a look of curiosity on his face. "anthony~." she had always appreciated anthony as a student. he'd never been as chaotic as some children and had never given her a reason to think ill thoughts. his family, and most of his friends mirrored his kind demeanor in class, as well. they were a beautiful bunch. "to what do I owe the pleasure?"
her eyes immediately moved to the cd in anthony's hands as he began explaining himself. she took it gently, to turn the disk the right way up and inspect it while he spoke. her brows furrowed in slight confusion before she hung onto every word he said, all the while still inspecting the cd, and looking up at him with slight amazement in her eyes at what he was telling her. she had no idea they could be so talented. she didn't doubt it, of course, but the cd in her hands was still a surprise. by the end of his explanation, zelda was beaming at the child. of course, she wanted to attend! albeit, she hadn't heard the music yet. she didn't even know if she'd like it; she had many an idea of the kind of sound they made. the cd said as much, but she wouldn't pass up the opportunity to support them. anthony looked so proud of himself and his band. if she could help keep it that way, she would. "well~." she had no opportunity to speak, when john came back into the classroom doorway with a purpose. she held her tongue, and the cd sat against her stomach in her hands.

for a moment, she looked back down at the cd again, only for her gaze to snap back up to john when he mentioned leaving with lizzie, to anthony. "drive safely john!" she called after him with sincere worry, but it didn't show on her face. "so, anthony. as i was about to say-" anthony had turned back to her eagerly. "i had no idea you were all so invested in your music. this is, truly, incredible anthony." she held the cd up. "i hope you three are proud of yourselves..still- it would be an honor to attend one of your shows," she smiled. "I will make sure to give this a listen before the weekend." she glanced at the clock above the door behind him with a minor quirk of her brow. her eyes went to him again. "you should go~ im sure you don't want to leave everyone waiting~ i didn't give you an early leave so you could spend it here," she teased lightly. "thank you for this anthony. truly." she wished they could talk about it more, but she had too much to do here. besides all the marking and class planning she hadn't completed over the weekend, the principal made an announcement to staff the morning about police wanting answers, based on the recent events. she'd be interviewed. she needed a clear head to do so. there was still the rest of the week to ask the trio any number of questions. before he could make his leave though, zelda sprang up and gave anthony a look of amusement. she almost smirked. "oh, and anthony- you've got a lot riding on this~." she sat back on the edge of her desk with folded arms, and shrugged. "I'm afraid if the music doesn't make the cut, all three of you will end up in detention." she shook her head in mock dissapointment, before raising her hands in that: 'i dont know what to tell you' gesture. a laugh did break through though, in the following moment.

Last edited:
"The giver by Lois Lowry. Published in 1993 follows Jonas as his veiw on the world starts to change when the Giver starts to show him painful memories about some horrible moments till he ultimatly leaves the community." He said maybe a little quick. His tic was starting to act up. "Sorry. I kinda do that sometimes." He said still not fully looking at her. It wasn't that he didn't want him to, it just felt like he needed to do that. He didn't fully look at people because he would feel like it wasn't right. "I read it when I was about 8. It's a good read." He said as he watched Kane pull up. "What's your name? I'm Dominick Rhodes." He said looking around.

Kane had left the police department and had made his way to the school in which the victem had attended. He walked inside and looked at Dominick. He was talking to someone. He smiled at the kid. He was hard to talk to sometimes but when he did the kids was great. He walked into the office and asked the attendent if they could point him in one of the staff. They gave him a classroom number and a name, Zelda Morales. He thanked her and walked out. He made his way over to her classroom. He knocked and entered. "Mrs. Morales, I'm detective Kane with the police department." He noticed Anthony. "How's it going wheels." He said walking over to him. "Would you mind giving me a minute with Mrs.Morales. I have some questions I need to ask her. Dominick is out in the main hall. I'm gonna give you two a ride home tonight." He said putting his large hand on Anthony's shoulder.

NivieApple NivieApple myst.erion myst.erion TF81 TF81

Maggie Laurain Danvers
Monday, March 27th, 2017 ~ 2:17 P.M. ~ Evergreen Highschool

The short girl raised a single eyebrow and her grin grew slightly as the boy she was with rattled off the details of the book she had been reading moments before. Then he apologized and she cocked her head to the side, fully prepared to ask him what he could possibly be sorry for. Knowing stuff? That wasn't something she was going to heckle him for. But as he continued, Maggie began to notice something she hadn't recognized until just then. He was avoiding looking at her. Was there something on her face? For some reason, it made her feel mildly insecure, but she tried not to dwell on that. He offered his name, Dominick, after asking for her own, and this time she actually had to work to keep up her smile, not that he would have noticed if she had suddenly began scowling at him.
"Maggie Danvers, " she responded, then, with a small smile and in a very casual tone, she added, "And in case it was ever in question, no I am not Medusa, so looking at me will definitely not turn you into stone."
NivieApple NivieApple

Last edited:
"It's not that I don't want to look at you. I just suffer from aspergers. It's kinda hard for me to look at my adopted parents." He said looking out the window. "I can't really help it." He said looking out the window. "I wouldn't doubt that you won't turn me to stone." He said. It was second nature for him to not look at people. He wouldn't look at the Rhodes parents. Not because he didn't want to. He just didn't couldn't look at him. It felt like he was doing something wrong when he didn't look at someone. He slowly turned his head and forced himself to look at her. She was pretty, with her firey locks and freckles that dotted her face. He smile was pretty as well. It warmed Dominick up enough to where he felt comfortable.
NivieApple NivieApple

Maggie Laurain Danvers
Monday, March 27th, 2017 ~ 2:18 P.M. ~ Evergreen Highschool

Maggie's expression turned more sympathetic as he spoke. He seemed so functional it was almost a shock that he had that condition, but she knew things like that could affect everyone differently. When he did begin to turn his head towards her she was a little more shocked, that he would even attempt it. If he couldn't look at his... had he said adopted parents? Wow. She could sense that somewhere in this guy's life something pretty rotten had gone down, and she had the sudden unreasonably urge to give him a comforting hug, though she knew that that was probably not something people would appreciate. Still, as he looked at her she smiled encouragingly before she spoke.
"You know Dominick, you are a pretty chill guy." She was about to say more, but was cut off by an obnoxiously loud horn that blared from outside in the parking lot. Is it even legal to have a horn that loud? She looked out the window and pursed her lips, before standing up and turning back towards Dominick. "That's my aunt outside. I hope I get to see you again sometime. I don't know if you have a phone but I could give you my number real fast. I'm new in town and it'd probably be good to have someone who could at least tell me how to get from one side of the school to the other," she said, rubbing her neck like she was embarrassed to admit that.
NivieApple NivieApple

Last edited:
Dominick jumped a little when he heard the horn. It had spooked him. It was loud and a little frightening. It took him a couple times before he slowly started to calm down. The girl, Maggie, was nice. She seemed genuine in her smile. She then brought up getting Dominick's phone number. Dominick didn't really have that many contacts. There were people in his adoptive family and Detective Kane, Mrs.Emily's partner, but that was it.

He looked at her for a second before pulling out his phone. He unlocked it and handed it to her. "Sure." He said going back to looking away from her. He hated that he couldn't look at her. She was pretty, but he couldn't look at her, and he hated that. "I'm pretty good with directions. I only need to look at a map once to remember everything." He said chuckling lightly. His brain worked in a way that if he saw some information once, he could retain any information in an instant. That's why he was so far ahead of other children and students. "Feel free to text me anytime. I usually only do homework and read when I'm at home or on the weekend."
NivieApple NivieApple

06306daa4908ec318d1ba6b006fb4635.jpg
Dylan Davis
March 27,2017/ 2:15P.M.

Dylan yawned as he continue to walk through the streets, currently heading home from school. Normally he would he would have been driving his car home but earlier he had let one of his co worker borrow his car since he didnt have to work today. As he walked, his phone started to ring. "Hello...... Ya, what you need Margaret???..... Definitely not, I want you to bring it right over to my place right after you get off work.... I dont care that they need you as their driver, I need my car for tomorrow and I know for sure, you aren't going to the place you just told me to." Dylan stopped by the stop light as the person from the other end kept on talking, Dylan really felt like he was gonna get a headache from all the talking and whining that person was doing just to make sure he let her keep the car longer, with it becoming even worse when she started to talk in Spanish. "I already told you no, so no you cannot go on a joyride with your friend, if you need a car ask Chris or Dennis." He ended the call before continuing his walk. He gave one final glance at his phone to look at the time, before continuing his walk home, seeing that he had 20 minutes before he arrived at his place.

Maggie Laurain Danvers
Monday, March 27th, 2017 ~ 2:18 P.M. ~ Evergreen Highschool

When Dominick jumped, Maggue felt a twinge of guilt for startling him, even she wasn't the one actually honking the horn. Then he handed her his phone and she smiled, she honestly hadn't known if he would have accepted her asking to contact him, but she was relieved that he had said yes. She took it and quickly made a contact for herself in Dominick's phone, then slipped out her own phone and made him a contact.
As he explained his skill with maps and he offered to help her she smiled wider and, while she typed, said, "I would really appreciate that Dominick." She looked up and pursed her lips as she noticed he was once again avoiding her with his eyes. This time, however, she wasn't bothered in the slightest, she was grateful that he had made any effort to talk with her in the first place. She smiled and held his phone out towards him as the car outside honked and her phone vibrated, probably with an impatient text from her aunt.
"I'll see ya around, yeah?" she asked hopefully, glad to have made her first contact in her new life.
NivieApple NivieApple

Anthony Lucas Rhodes
+
Emma Carter
2:11 PM - 2:17 PM
myst.erion myst.erion Astralworks Astralworks Dak Dak
Anthony smiled at Ms. Morales' comments about he invested he was in his music. When she said that it would be an honor to attend one of his band's shows, Anthony felt overjoyed at hearing that. "Thank You, Ms. Morales! It would be great to have you see us live. And thank you, I hope you like the album." Anthony said with a cheerful tone to his voice. Anthony looked over & up at the clock as Ms. Morales pointed out that she had let class end early and that he should get going. As he was about to do so, Ms. Morales commented jokingly that if He, Lizzie, and John didn't put on a great performance, then they would get detention. The trio looked at their teacher, picking up on the fact that she was joking by the smirk on her face. The pair laughed & played along. They protested in a fake whiny tone in unison.

Anthony: Oh, C'mon!
Lizzie: Oh, C'mon!
John: Oh C'mon!

The upbeat mood was suddenly broken when Kane spoke up, The three friends looked over and saw Kane enter & greeted Anthony by addressing him by the nickname Kane gave him. When Kane explained why Anthony needed to leave to talk to his teacher, Anthony understood completely and nodded in response. Anthony called out to Jane & the others. "C'mon, Jane. Let's go guys." Anthony said & began leaving the room with Lizzie & John following him out of the room. They were in the hall waiting for Jane to join them.

Emma got home and quickly changed out of school clothes & into her work clothes, She walked out to her house's driveway and got into her car. She put on her seatbelt, started her car & began driving to her job at Gamestop, Emma hated going to work, mainly because of her co-workers & Gamestop's terrible market & practices like selling cartridges with fake ROMs of classic video games like the SNES version of Chrono Trigger, Their insane prices on those fake copies of retro games, Their horrendous customer support, among other things that made Emma enraged at her job. She took a deep sigh and just continued driving. After a few more minutes of driving, Emma made it to work on time. She parked her car into an empty space in the parking lot, turned the car off, took off her seatbelt & got out of her car before locking it. Emma walked into the building & started her afternoon job routine.

Elizabeth "Lizzie" Lee
+
John Walker
2:17 PM - 2:20 PM
The Silent Z The Silent Z Lazy Taco Lazy Taco NivieApple NivieApple
While Lizzie was waiting with John & Anthony for Jane to follow them out of the school, She got a notification about the text message her dad had sent her in response to her text message about driving John home. She started to message Shon back quickly saying.

Dad
me
Hey Dad, I'm driving John home & I'll be home soon. okay? I love you! <3
them
Ok cool. Just take it easy on the road and be safe, huh? I'll see you later. Say hi to John and the band for me in the meantime. Love you too Moon! <3
me
I will and can you call John's dad to let him know that I'm taking John home? Thanks, Dad! :blowkiss:

Lizzie sent the message, backed out of the default IM app & put her phone back into her side pocket. She turned over to Anthony. "Alright, Tony. John & I will see you & Jane later!" Lizzie stated with a soft smile & hugged Anthony goodbye before leaving with John. When they made it out of the school, Lizzie & John saw Anthony's brother Dominick talking to a red-headed girl. They walked up to him and Lizzie spoke to Dominick. "Hey, Dom! Anthony, Jane, and Kane will be with you in a few minutes. Just wanted to let you know. Seeya guys later. I've gotta take John home." Lizzie said in a quick tone, not evening acknowledging that the girl Dominick was talking to was there, She wasn't trying to come off as a jerk. but her body language & tone of voice was trying to convey to both of them know that John & Lizzie needed to leave. The two friends walked off & got into Lizzie's car, They buckled their seatbelts & then Lizzie started the car. Driving to John's house, Lizzie noticed that he was being rather quiet the way there. She presumed that he was thinking about Luka & her death, She decided to try & get him to open up about how he was feeling and try to comfort him while still keeping her focus on the road.

Lizzie: John...? You alright?
John: Huh? Oh, Sorry...I was just thinking about Luka.
Lizzie: Wanna talk about it? It's okay if you don't want to.
John: Yeah, Luka & I were childhood friends before she moved away to Florida. We even dated for a while but it didn't work out. I didn't even know that she had moved back to New York. If only I had known, I could've saved her...
Lizzie: It's not your fault, John. Emma informed me that Anthony's Mom, Her partner Kane & the rest of the Homicide department are making finding her killers their number one priority. Remember this, Even though Luka is gone, your memories of the time you two spent together will never go away. That I can guarantee.
John: ...Yeah, Unless I end up with Alzheimer's. *Laughs*
Lizzie: *Laughs* Now that I can't guarantee.

Despite his dark joke to break up the dreary atmosphere, John smiled at Lizzie's comforting comment & It was nice to know that the Homicide department was working hard on trying to capture Luka's killers & finally give everyone including him some peace of mind. "Thanks, Liz. I really needed to hear that." John said with genuinely appreciative tone. Soon they made it to John's place. Lizzie turned the engine off as John unbuckled his seatbelt. Lizzie & John embraced each other before John got out of her car. Before John shut the passenger door of Lizzie's car, Lizzie called out to John before starting the car's engine again. "John! Take care of yourself. Okay? I'll see you at school tomorrow." Lizzie said with a bright smile.

John nodded and with a smirk, He said. "Don't worry, Liz, I will. Seeya tomorrow." With that, John closed the passenger side door and went inside his house. Lizzie started the car's engine up again & began driving home. While she was driving, She noticed her boyfriend Dylan Davis walking home. They had met when Lizzie was her Freshman year of High School & Dylan was in his Sophmore year of High School, They had met through a mutual friend & began hanging out as friends and as Dylan began listening to Lizzie's band & attending their shows. They started growing closer to each other & with time, They fell in love. Lizzie began driving slowly beside Dylan as he was walking home. "Hey, Dylan! You need a ride home?" Lizzie asked eagerly.

John went upstairs to his room & texted his dad immediately to let him know he had made it home safely.

Dad
me
Hey Dad, I'm home now.

John sent the message & turned off his phone, He set down on his computer desk and set his backpack near his bed. After these past few days, All John wanted to do was play his Gibson Les Paul. He turned on his Black Star amp & began playing.

2014-ford-focus-electric-hatchback-angular-front.png

Obsidian Blue Pearl-BU-18,25,42-640-en_US.jpg

zelda morales - march 27th 2017 - 2:20pm - @ evergreen highschool - tags; TF81 TF81 Dak Dak NivieApple NivieApple Astralworks Astralworks
tumblr_pgiwd8WbQ91qcukfgo1_400.gif
zelda nodded gently, still chuckling about it when she replied. "so do I anthony~ so do i~." her mouth went agape when the bunch began to whine. she could tell they were just teasing her, and it only made her laugh more. she scrunched her face up at them, as she does, in a mock smugness of sorts. "Oohhh boo hoo-."
the knock at the door broke herself and the children out of their little moment. quite suddenly, in fact. she stopped mid scrunch and straightened herself up on the desk. now she was just curious. she wasn't aware the interview would take place in the classroom's....though it did seem nicer than a hot staff room.
as the detective entered the room, she took the opportunity to turn her body and gently place anthony's album on the table behind her. when she turned back around, she stood up properly, fixed her cardigan and gave a small wave to the children. "I hope I'll see you all tomorrow," she smiled.
when they were gone, zelda directed her full attention to the detective. she had to admit. she was a little intrigued by the man. he was tall. much taller than her at least and had a peculiar hardness to him. he looked like he had taken on the world, and yet, she was only, slightly, intimidated. zelda brought her eyes up to his, still smiling. he had kind eyes. beneath those stoic brows.
"detective kane. lovely to meet you." her hand stuck out to give his a firm shake in greeting, before she took her hand back and walked past him politely. quickly. heels clicking lightly on the lanolin floor. "I hope you don't mind. some kids can be tricky." the door shut with a satisfying click before she turned back for her desk.
she hoped he really didn't mind. the amount of children who might look to eavesdrop from the open door was ridiculous. "oh, and uhm- I don't mean to be rude- but i go by ms Morales, not mrs," she corrected him. "I am not-married, or otherwise- engaged...," she chuckled. her train of thought veered off for a moment as she realised that may have been a little too much information and she sat in her seat carefully.
when she snapped back with a content smile, zelda motioned to the extra seat in front of her desk. it was well known she kept it there for students. if ever they needed help or she needed to talk to them, that was where they sat. standing by the desk was exhausting. she had to do it. by God she wouldn't make them do it. not in her classroom.

"please, detective. take a seat," she offered. the sooner they were over with this talk, the better. zelda could only be in a solemn mood for so long. besides, she wasn't the best when it came to darker subjects.

Justus-Siegbert Brandt
2:21pm
In the train going to his apartment, texting Jaz ( dazzling dazzling )

Over the past few minutes, Justus-Siegbert arrived at the train station. As always, it somehow smelled like...despair. And the atmosphere here was quite...well, how do you say it? Erdrückend? No, wrong word. He needs to stop mixing up words. What was the word....oppressive? No, that sounds wrong. Suffocating? Yeah, more fitting. The atmosphere here is suffocating and full of anxiety. Big yikes. While waiting on his train, Justus-Siegbert looked over his shoulders. In the corner, he was someone from a class higher who looked like he was about to scream. Same man, same. Waiting on the train felt like an eternity, but it finally arrived and he boarded it. Fucking hell, he needs to get away from this anxiety station. If he wants anxiety, he just has to fuck up a joke. Finally, the train departed.
As always, Justus-Siegbert sat close to the door - so he can escape quickly when he arrived. While listening to music from a playlist which no one wants to see, honestly, he decided to text Jaz. Justus-Siegbert doesn't recall how or where they met Was it a party? No, he isn't a partygoer. Maybe a bonfire? P-Probably? Bonfires are always lit.
Okay, that one was bad. Skipping bad puns for now would be a good idea. 'Heyy Jaz. I'm bored, how are you??' His first texts are always so blunt. Like a weapon that hasn't been sharpened in years.​

Jaz Polyxene
2:23 PM
J Jules8008
Jaz jumped, slamming her computer shut. In her mind, she saw a camera clicking. She looked around, laughing borderline hysterically when she saw her phone lit up from an incoming text. I’m so paranoid. I really need to stop. She thought, breath still heavy from the rush that coursed through her. Flicking her hair to the side as she pushed the laptop off her messy bed, she gently smiled as she saw it was from Justus-Siegbert. She nimbly unlocked her phone, rolling over to her side as she read the message.
Heyyy! I’m good, thanks 😁 hbu?’
She sent it, rapidly flicking through a few other apps before adding,
Can’t really blame ya. Not much to do around here recently :/‘

Liam James Rhodes
Monday, March 27th 2017
12:13 PM - 12:18 PM

Geozaki Geozaki Texangamer Texangamer
Liam listened as Naomi talked to his mother. It seemed like one of those conversations where people say that they're okay when that isn't true. He never understood why people lied about such things, but he wasn't going to question it. Not this time. Not aloud, at least. He didn't know what to say about any of it, or if he was even supposed to be saying anything. All he could do was stand there, waiting for some words to come to him. However, before any words did emerge, the phone starting ringing. A highly distracting noise. Normally, he would wait for it to pass, or for someone else to answer it, but the awkwardness of just standing there was bothering him. So, he decided to take a risk and answer it himself, despite knowing that phone calls were not something he excelled in.

He went to the hallway and picked up the phone, forgetting for several moments that he needed to actually say something.

"Um, hello?" he managed, eventually.

"Hello, is this the Rhodes Household?" The woman on the end of the line asked. She sounded quite serious.

"Yes," he said, rather matter-of-factly. He didn't seem to recognise the voice on the other end. "Why?"

"Are you home alone?" The woman asked, seemingly avoiding Liam's question.

"No." This questioning was making Liam more unsure about who was on the other end. He didn't know if it was just someone asking questions, or if it was one of those cold-caller people wanting to sell something. "Who even is this?" he asked bluntly. He wasn't sure if that would sound rude or not, but not knowing who he was talking to was very frustrating.

"I'm calling from West Bridge Elementary," the woman explained. "Are either of your parents in?" She asked, able to tell that Liam was a child from his voice.

"That's where my sister goes to school," he blurted out, accidentally. He was relieved that it wasn't some random salesperson. "Um, both of my parents are in, actually." After the events of the day, his mind wasn't processing things all too quickly, so he didn't think to ask if he should get either Emily or Adam. Liam's focus was simply to answer whatever other questions this person had.

"So you're Lilly's Brother..." The woman said, she'd assumed that the voice on the end of the phone would likely be related to Lilly but you can't ever jump to conclusions. "I'm actually calling with regards to your sister." The woman explained. "Could I possibly speak to one of your parents please?" She asked gently.

"Oh," he said. "You probably can. They're... " He looked back to the living room. "They're engaged in conversation, but I'll go and get someone now."

Liam sped to the living room, phone in hand. "Mom, there's some person on the phone from Lilly's school. They want to talk to you," he announced, handing the phone out to Emily. He sighed heavily once she took it from him, glad to pass on the responsibility of talking to someone else.

Emily May Rhodes
March 27th, 2017
2:18 PM
Texangamer Texangamer Wormy Wormy TF81 TF81

Emily gave Naomi a gentle squeeze. "You're such a strong girl." She said gently. "But make sure that you think about what you need instead of just trying to be strong for everyone else." Emily had been involved in so many cases where the people who knew the victim would try their best to be strong for other people and 9 times out of 10 it just resulted in said person driving themselves crazy with everything they had bottled up and she didn't want to see the same thing happen to Naomi. "No matter what, if you ever need somewhere to cry or someone to talk to, or anything, you're always welcome here." Emily gave Naomi another quick hug just as Liam reentered the room with the landline in his hand. As Liam explained that it was a call from Lilly's school, Emily immediately became concerned, why would the school be calling them now, especially as Lilly was due to be picked up in about an hour. "Thanks, Honey," Emily said with a smile as Liam handed the phone to her. She knew how difficult phone calls were for him and she was proud of him for being able to overcome his fear to answer the phone.

Emily walked out of the living room with the phone before holding it up to her ear. "Hello?" She asked into the phone.
"Hello, Mrs Rhodes?" the woman on the end of the line asked as if to confirm whether or not she was actually talking to Lilly's mother.
"That's me," Emily stated in response.
"I'm calling because I was wondering if there was any way either you, your husband or the both of you would be able to come to school early today so that we would be able to talk with you before you take Lilly home.
"I'd have to check with my Husband, everything's a little chaotic here at the moment," Emily explained to the woman. "Could I ask why you wish to speak with us?"
"There was a minor incident today that involved your daughter and another student, it's nothing serious but we feel like we need to speak to you about it in person."
"R-Right... okay..." Emily said. "Give me a moment and I'll just go and speak to my Husband," Emily said, making her way to the living room.

Emily entered the living room, she seemed a little worried. "Adam, could you come to the kitchen for a moment please?" She asked, she was holding the phone to her chest and there was a sense of urgency in her voice.

Justus-Siegbert Brandt
2:23PM
At the train, texting Jaz ( dazzling dazzling )

It is always nice to see when people you text answer fast. Well, at least for Justus-Siegbert. Getting a late response makes him somewhat anxious. Are they ignoring him? Is he only a third wheel? God, he hates these thoughts. He was delighted to see that Jaz answered very quick and it made him happy to read her messages - or seeing her in general. Jaz had something calming about her, but Justus-Siegbert is unable to say what about her calmed his anxious and shy little heart.
"I'm finee Jaz, currently in the train heading towards my apartment. Todays classes were soo freaking boring! Felt like I am studying psychology, we had to play the hobby therapist for my prof AGAIN! Christ on a stick, for being so old, he sure has a lot of nerve asking us about life advice and crying about his fiancee." He sent the message, before quickly sending a 2nd one. "Yeah, there isn't a lot to do here ATM, nothing going on. My fellow classmates plan a party this weekend, but it is honestly just an excuse to get blackout drunk."

Oswin Lee
2:23PM
In his room, laying in bed on his phone

The entire day, up until now, felt so agonizing. He had nothing to do, which partially stemmed from the fact that he skipped school today, as he hans't feeling well. Both mentally and physically...he slept incredibly bad tonight and feels exhausted. Despite sleeping until 11AM, which may sound like a lot, but it isn't, Oswin is still sleepy, so he decided to lay in his bed for the next two hours. Jesus. He spent these last two hours just looking at silly memes and checking out his class group chat. No one was worried about him, as always. But someone already posted the homework he has to do - with the solution. Well, how nice. Something nice coming from his class, a rare sight indeed. "Ungh, guess I gotta get up so my parents don't assume I died of a sudden stroke."

Mason Walker & Shon Lee
The feeling in his hand started to numb, motion slowing to a halt as Mason shook his head in minor frustration and hushed curse. He placed his guitar on the display stand next to his stool gently securing the guitar before letting go with his right hand. Meanwhile he let out a deep breath and sigh as his first session was starting to enter the room, he began letting go of the frustration he had moments prior. "Yo lady and gents! Get in and get set up... we'll start soon." Mason spoke greeting his first session/class that consisted of a young band that started coming to Mason's studio and getting help from the former rocker in hopes of achieving their dreams and getting recognized. The band themselves was a pretty talented young group who Mason believed would be big once given a shot, though it was their lead vocalist Michelle that had the star factor about her and he main reason he believed they could be big time some day. So much so, He tried getting big time record studios to take a listen and give them a shot..... But nobody was listening so far.

He thought about forgetting the big players in the business and trying on his own to get 'Moonstruck' out there and recognized. Become the official founder and manager of sorts for this band til they hit the big time and could handle themselves or perhaps beyond of that was what they wanted and he could do it. However he had doubts about his ability to help them reach that goal like Mason and Shon once did years ago when they were this bands age. Mason didn't believe a has been and no name like himself could be of service to this young band and getting them out there for concerts and etc. the truth was that when it came to others Mason had passionate belief and optimism yet when it came to himself and what he could do.... Well his confidence dropped ever since having give his dreams due to his hand and at a time when they were reaching their best and achieving the goals they had since starting out together. Call it shellshocked perhaps......

Anyways as the band arrived a tad early and knowing his phone went off earlier, Mason took his phone out of his pocket with a small crooked grin upon catching up with Shon's texts. "Always thinking of ideas last minute...." Mason chuckled in thought before writing a response back to his old friend. "Better late then never, huh?" Mason responded.

Meanwhile Shon shook his head and chuckled at his booth. " The best ideas are the late ones Mase. Haven't I taught you that once?" Shon joked in reply bringing a smile to Masons face. "Guess I must of forgot that lesson... You do tend to preach, you know?" Mason teased in turn while Shon shook his head again and chuckled. "Me, preach? Never! It's teaching a new path of thought. Now how about that recommendation I asked for?" Shon sent back continuing the pairs familiar banter with one another. Meanwhile Mase just shook his head with a small laugh while giving a small look up toward the band with him in studio. A idea he already gave thought to but hadn't responded to the idea much with thought til now. Perhaps in his mind he couldn't get them far but a chance to play a venue like the Lycan room was a nice opportunity in the meantime and a stepping stone to major venues for concerts. "Sure, sure I'll pretend that's what your doing. But no worries man I've got you covered with some ideas to suggest. But if you trust me I'll give you just one band to consider and take for tonight." Mason sent a reply leaving Shon with little choice but to take the single recommendation though he'd hoped it was a small list and not just one. However he did trust Mase even if they joked about it and his judgement. "Not what I asked for but least one recommendation shall do. Who's this band?"

"Only a band fitting of your 'straunt and its name.... They call themselves MoonStruck and they are a young pop band with versatility and open to requests. They can rock whatever you send their way in my opinion. I'll send them your offer to play tonight and let you know." Mason replied leading to some banter over that claim and his restaurant in humor and light manner. Shon had thanked him and let him know about Lizzie and John after catching the text between banter filled messages with Mason.

Meanwhile shifting toward Lizzie's message, Shon nodded and began replying. "Good to hear and I've let Mase know. But your welcome Moon! See ya later, right?. " Shon replied with a smiley while then moving toward Oswin's page in his phone. "How are you feeling, OZ?" He sent in text to Oswins phone checking to see how he was feeling while not overshowing his concern about his son thinking it would only go over poorly and press too much.

While Mason noticed his Johns text come in and smiled with a nod. " Alright cool Johnny... Got any plans tonight? If not, we can catch a bite to eat and hang out later." Mason wrote back and sent off the text while checking with the band in the meantime and getting started early. While letting them know about an opportunity at the Lycan room tonight should they accept it and wish to play.

TF81 TF81 J Jules8008

Users who are viewing this thread

Back