• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Alabastor: Age of Heroes

OOC
Here
Lore
Here
One of the drahkins threatened the anti-dragon member, that he now knew was named Al. Although Manu lacked most values other than egoism, he deemed the white-haired an arrogant drahkin show-off and a what other people would consider a coward, based on his remark about Al. A definite threat, thought Manu. Merely stating that he would harm another guildmember to the guildleader would make you think he was seeking forgiveness for future actions, but doing such would be stupid unless Baoithin was too spineless to acknowledge it, and ultimately come off as a threat towards anyone who were to get in his way. I should befriend him, Manu thought.

Taking in Baoithins speech Manu pondered if his decision to join the Golden Star had been right. Bringing justice was never very profitable, as most victims don't have enough money to send a mercenary group against their oppressor. Personally, Manu cared little for profit, as he simply wanted to better his skills in Astral, but he was worried people would jump ship, sensing that most people in this group weren't without a skillset that could be capitalized on more were they to join another guild. He concluded that the guild's goal of providing justice for the weak would probably bring it's members closer together, but ultimately make it very attractive to simply join a more luxurious guild. As a Paladin of the Victorian Military he reckoned that Baoithin was probably aware that this would not be neither as profitable nor economically sound as simply being a guardsman on a pedestal. The stuttering sidhe girl asked a valid question. The camp wasn't exactly large and people might have to sleep together in tents, something which would bother Manu. Despite being aware that he could come off as aggressive or money-hungry, he had to voice his thoughts and ask the question.

"How do you intend the guild to be funded?" He asked monotonely without attempting to smile this time, deeming it innapropiate for the weight he was dumping onto the red giant.

Last edited:
Reynar had been following the direction for hours to which the young adventurer had pointed him in order to find the Golden Star Guild. Probably he should check out whether he still followed the right direction, the wolfman considered. Well, he could not fly like the eagle soaring above his head, but he could ask him for his help. Seeking eye contact with the mighty bird of prey, Reynar concentrated on transferring his friendly intentions to the bird and bid him to come down to him. After a moment's hesitation the eagle drew his circles spiraling downward towards the young wolf landing on his outstretched arm, where the talon drew some blood digging into the flesh.

"I need to find my way", Reynar tried to explain in his thoughts and transferred his intentions to the bird that he may be his lookout from the sky. Gently he presented a piece of dried meat from his own rations as a small reward to the bird, with the eagle taking off to soar into the sky again after gulping down the meat. After licking over the talon cuts on his arm for disinfection, he concentrated on making the wounds close themselves. Reassured that he would be warned by his eagle friend, should he have taken the wrong path, Reynar continued on his way.

An hour later, he spotted his eagle friend again on the horizon flying straight toward him, but landing on a nearby tree branch instead of his arm. Upon eye contact, he could read the bird of prey's thoughts and discern images of the landscape far beneath from the bird's perspective. Among the hills he could see masses of humans pass. They were clad in shining armour and bore shining meatl weapons. Even without being present, the potential destruction originating from this group made his heart go out for those to fall victim to such weapons. Why did so many want to take more the land and others than they actually needed. So much death and destruction came from this sentiment.

Shaking off his thoughts while shaking his own head, he returned his thoughts to the bird's sentinel images. On a hill top, he could spot something interesting - a small group of people of different sizes, attire and races. This looked much more like what he had sought - the Golden Star Guild. Another piece of meat he offered to the bird transferring his gratitude.

Going down on all fours, he turned to run more quickly than before without getting exhausted as quickly as he would have been running on two legs. Leaving three more hilltops in between him and his target behind, the wolfman closed in on the hilltop which he had seen in the eagle's flight. Before taking sight of the group, he stopped his run and moved to get up on his hind legs again. Already his nose could pick up the scents of the people ahead. Humans' scents he had come across before, also an elvish scent seemed to wave across towards him. Another scent of something more familiar to him, closer to nature waved across - Sidhe met with the beastfolk and had a better understanding for their perception than many humans had. The two other scent pattern reminded him of snakes or lizards, something reptilian was among that scent in addition to the human part - real Drakhin. Never he had met any of them before and was quite curious about them as well as the rest of the group.

Although he could heave tried to sneak up on the group, he wished to approach them openly - after all they were meant to become his new pack, not his prey or enemies. Pricking his ears, he could already make out several words spoken up on the hill top by a loud sonorous voice of someone having the presence of a leader. This must be the alpha of the guild, he thought. "purpose ... justice ... help", he could make out, while moving closer and hearing finally more and more of the speech.

A timid voice started to ask about storage and sleeping places, as he finally made his way to the group and could behold the speaker finally - a young Sidhe hovering slightly in the air. Letting his eyes wander over the others, the wolfman could make out a human warrior in shining armour and two younger ones who looked far less like a leader - one of them wearing a fur-coated cloak in the current weather was absurd. Who would know that better than him, who could not rid himself of his fur and the heating it provided. Politely, he bowed in greeting first to the one he considered the alpha "Greetings!", then repeated the same with the young Sidhe and the two human men. Then his eyes turned towards the others present - an elf with a strange mask and a pair of obvious dragon descendants. One after the other he bowed his head and tried to meet their eyes to gain an impression of their personality. Turning again to the alpha, he added with a smile which bared his wolfish fangs: "If you are the Golden Star Guild, I was sent to you by a friendly young human. My name is Reynar and I would like to help you, if you want my help."

As Daries waited for an answer from the leader of the guild, another newcomer arrived at their little camp. It was a wolf-like beast-folk, and Sidhes are quite familiar with their kind. So, Daries waved happily at the newcomer, copying his 'Greetings!' in a more quiet and shakier tone. He seemed to be polite and respectful, unlike some people... cough cough Al cough cough.

The young sidhe had grown tired of floating, so she gently landed back on the meadow's grassy floor, right next to the horned elf with the mask. She curiously blinked at the horns, as they reminded her of a goats, and then quickly averted her eyes. It was rude to stare, especially at people you don't know. Daries scuffed at the ground with the tip of her brown buckled boots, sheepishly staring at the ground.

Her white hair billowed in the wind, and Daries welcomed the cool breeze on such a hot day. Her mind drifted back to the thought of exploration, and that maybe there was a small creek or pond she could visit. She needed a bath anyways, hiking up here was tedious and sweaty.
Oh, she hoped she didn't smell. That would be embarrassing! Daries swooped down and gently plucked at few of a lavender plants leaves, placing them behind her ear to try and lessen the smell. If there was one that is.

The Sidhe girl introduced herself to be Daries, her cheery attitude, her true self, shown to him. Al was somewhat flattered that Daries was comfortable enough around him to show her true self, he responded with a nod and a smile.

Baoithin started his speech as they arrived, Daries making herself float to see the Guildmaster. Baoithin first introduced himself for those who had just arrived then discussed his history as a member of the Victorian military and how he did regretable acts under it. He then went on about the purpose of the guild, stating the guild was all about bringing justice where it was needed and that the guild will become the glue that reunites the world. The speech was super cheesy, sounding more of an old Paladin's desperate cry for redemption than an actual call of hope and justice.

Baoithin asked if the guild members had questions. Dariers, putting up her act, asked where they were sleeping and where they will store their luggage. They were very valid questions, Al wouldn't want to sleep in a room with someone else, even with Dariers, and a good storage area was important to him, to properly hide the object he stole from The Dragon Slayer Guild.

The person who stopped Al's and the young Drahkin's dispute asked a question, regarding the funding for the guild as the guild's purpose was less profitable than most guilds. Al hasn't thought of his payment under the guild, especially with all of the distractions he had to deal with, payment was the purpose for joining the guild but if the object he stole was sold for a large amount, he might not need the guild and he could return home, back to the Sailor's bar, back to his friends, back to Tools.

A newcomer had arrived, a beat-folk, evident from his wolf-like appearance. He exclaimed "Greetings!" as he bowed to Baoithin, then to Daries, then Al and then to Manu. He turned to bow to the elf and then to the Drahkins. He was polite and calm, and Daries seemed to be very fond of the newcomer, greeting back at him under her shy persona. Although she looked at Al for a bit and then back to the beast-folk, she was thinking of something regarding him, and he couldn't tell if it was something good or bad. Daries eyes suddenly darted to the ground, then picked up some plants and placed them behind her hear. Al didn't know the purpose of that but he paid no mind to it.

It seemed as if Guildmaster Baoithin had already been expecting Nox's arrival. This was good, he seemed like a nice person. The gaudy looking gold armor looked a little bit much though. Though Nox was in no position to judge, on account of his dark ensemble. Guildmaster Baoithin gave a brief description of what the guild known as Golden Sun STOOD for. They stood to combat injustice and to hold the world together like an adhesive. Frankly speaking, it sounded a lot like idealism. Sure, wanting to save the world is cool and all. However to even BEGIN to go about this, one needed a PLAN. One of the members asked him how they would even try to FUND something like saving the world. Coin was king, everyone needed it to survive. Nox wasn't really into the idea of working for free. Acting as a group with the purpose of bringing justice sounded like a death sentence. Plus they didn't even look like they had a Guild Hall. Would they be on the move constantly? Rushing about the country like nomads with no homes and nowhere to GO? The Sidhe girl from earlier brought up that it looked like they had neither accommodation nor storage facilities. Nox wasn't down for that, having a base of operations was the best move. Nox himself usually never needed to worry about money. Weapon merchants paid decent coins for some of his custom jobs. Worse comes to worse, Nox can continue to fund his own excursions.

Then the little Sidhe girl who was here when he arrived floated over to him. She seemed to stare at his face. Chuckling silently, Nox could understand where she was coming from. His mask was a bit strange looking, plus not many elves have horns growing from their heads. When she looked away from him, he broke the tension with a story. "Now the MASK I wear for religious reasons. As for the HORNS, they're a slap on the wrist for taking food without asking first" said Nox as he gave her a warm smile that contrasted his dark appearance. "I'm Nox, a travelling collector" continued the elf as he splayed his hands out in front of himself.

Daries snapped her head up when she heard a new voice speak, her pastel eyes landing on the masked elf she had ever so rudely stared at earlier. She smiled nervously, a bit of a blush coating her cheeks. Daries listened to his story respectfully, giggling slightly when he mentioned the reason for his horns. Her blush only spiked when he smiled, her own nervous one relaxing into a warmer one.
" I-it's nice to meet you Nox! I'm Daries Corrus, a Sidhe from t-the castillionce isolated forests!" She offered him a hand to shake, hoping he didn't think she was rude for staring earlier. And, gosh, she REALLY hoped the lavender masked any smell that might have accumulated.
She would definitely try and find a stream later, and maybe a few scented herbs too. "Y'know, come to think of it, i could probably make a profit out of the herbs and spices I've collected..." Daries thought to herself, as she smiled up at the elf, her white hair blowing gently in the wind.

Reynar's eyes lighted up, as the Sidhe greeted him back, and observed her curiously, when she sent a glance in the direction of the young human man who was wrapped in the fur-brimmed cloak, although it was quite warm. Somehow, he seemed not completely secure and settled, maybe due to his young age or the new people around him? In spite of her stammering, the young Sidhe seemed much more sure of what she was doing, even if that was pulling out herbs, as she did now. Briefly the scent of the fresh weeded lavender touched his fine nose. Ah, maybe she wanted to improve her smell. Reasonable, as they all smelled of sweat and mud from their travels. To the sensitive wolfish sense of smell it felt quite intense, even though her smell was barely noticeable compared to the humans'.

Several guild members posed questions to the guild master, all of them rather unimportant in Reynar's eyes. Who needed walls and roofs, furniture and beds, if there was the soft grass to lie on and the sky as a tent? If there was rain, one could always search shelter. But what help were all those building when traveling? They always stayed in one place, while they would definitely have to move a lot, if they wanted to fulfill the purpose of helping where ever they were needed.

The more self assured young human asked about funding. That was a strange concept, the wolf man had only learned about after leaving his home clan. Before he had only known the trade of goods and services. The concept of having little metal discs which could be exchanged for food or other things had been truly astounding to him at first, yet he appreciated that it was more practical than carrying a lot of bis things around with oneself for trading. He had little need for trading things being able to sustain himself with hunting his own food, foraging herbs and plants for food and healing and creating small tools for repairing his belongings or crafting simple necessities. Rarely did he not sleep directly under the nigh sky bedded on soft grass or leaves. But maybe they had not his abilities for supporting themselves, as not all his clan mates had been as self sustaining either. Then he could understand their need to trade.

Curious he observed the exchange between the Sidhe and the elf from which he could learn their names. He seemed not completely content, maybe with his surroundings maybe with what he had heard. The Sidhe, although shyly, greeted him back and he finally learned her name. But in spite of being polite, she seemed still distracted, her eyes darting to the surroundings as if looking for something. Reynar decided to approach her directly: "What are you looking for? Can I help you somehow?"

Daries' focus shifted again, now towards the wolf like beast-folk from earlier. He must have noticed her semi-frantic state, so she smiled shyly. Daries had to keep up the shy girl persona until she was sure that she could trust them.
" O-oh, i don't t-think so.. i was just t-thinking about how much f-fun it would be to explore the forests around h-here!" Daries paused to tuck a loose strand of hair behind her ear, her hand brushing the lavender plants. The faint smell of lavender strengthened as she jostled the leaves.
" That, and f-finding a stream or waterfall i can wash u-up in, it was a long hike for me, i come from the isolated forests. T-they're isolated, obviously, so i-it took a lot longer to g-get here." Daries said, one hand reaching up to push the bridge of her round glasses, for they had been slipping down her nose.

Reynar cocked his head, while listening to Daries' rambling about the long way it took her. Smiling gently he bared his teeth, when he realised she did not wish to appear too embarrassed for the smell from her long travels. Exploration naturally appealed to his curiosity, but they al were wary and tired from their travels and drinking, bathing and resting would be the far more reasonable option. Luckily, he had already seen the surroundings from the bird's perspective which was how he had located them and knew that there was a small creek hidden behind the next hill.
"I will gladly join you and know just the place for you and all of us to refresh", the wolf man replied calmly. "I would also advise not to camp up here on the hill top where we are not only exposed to wind and weather, but also clearly visible to any foe. The creek with its bushes and trees growing close by is a far better place for staying and regaining our strength. If you wish to go I can lead you there, all of you who wish to go anyways", he suggested and glanced at the people present one by one with his eyes finally resting at the alpha. He was the leader and it should be his decision which Reynar would respect.

Daries perked up, her pastel eyes widening. He knew of a stream! Perfect! There she could not only bathe, but she could also use the stream to locate plenty of herbs that only grow near the water!
" O-oh, perfect! If you wouldn't mind showing me the stream, it would be such an amazing s-spot for gathering as well!" Daries rambled, her eyes shining as she began to list different plant life. " There's t-the Urtica dioica, which helps with external and internal bleeding! And the Valeriana officinalis, which is helpful if you c-can't sleep! O-oh! And the Angelica archangelica! Which is not only calming, but it also is u-used in recipes and dishes across t-the world! Some people s-say it wards off evil s-spirits as well, b-but i don't know if t-that's true.."
Daries trailed off, realizing how stupid she must look and sound, gosh, what a stupid move. "Good going Daries, now they'll never take you seriously. You've made a fool of yourself!"
Even if her whole goal was to seem innocent, that doesn't mean she should ramble out plant facts! Daries began to blush from embarrassment.

Al heard the elf talk to Daries. Nox the Collector was the words that caught his attention. If he was a collector, he might be interested in the treasure under his possession. It was likely he was wealthy as well, he was an elf after all, so he might have enough funds to pay his trip home to Azhna. This would mean leaving the dreaded guild and the irritating Drahkins, allowing him to return back to his old life and possibly have enough spare coins to make him and his friends finally live at ease, although he felt a pang of small guilt as this would mean leaving Daries, the only person he was well acquainted with. He might need to discuss this with her before going through the deal. The elf named Nox seemed like a nice and reasonable man, even joking about his horns to Daries. She giggled and blushed at his joke, although Al couldn't figure out whether her reactions were part of the act or genuine. If they were geniune, she could help him convince Nox to barter with him.

The wolfman who recently arrived leaned to Daries and asked if she was looking for something, capturing her wondering attention as she started stuttering about forest and waterfalls. This was his chance to discuss with Nox. He walked towards him and whispered "Nox the Collector right? Name's Al and I think I have something that will interest you, we can't talk right now especially with Drahkins nearby, we'll talk once Baoithin brings us to our settlement, sounds good?"

Baoithin listened to each question with a nod, and smiled. Then a newcomer came and bowed to him in greeting before beginning to converse with the students. Smiling, and waving in response to Reynar, he addressed each question.

"To start with accomodations, the place isn't quite fully set up yet, but it is still usable." He said, gesturing for the crew to follow him. After about a minute of walking through the woods, they came to a clearing where a few buildings were still under construction. Workers buzzed about, carrying timber, bricks and mortar, all paid for out of Baoithin's own pocket, and set them in place. From the looks of it, at the pace they were going, they were bound to finish the dozen cabins on the west side by sundown. On the opposite side of the clearing was a half-finished mess hall with indoor and outdoor dining areas, and to the north was the foundation for something else. To the south, a small fenced off area, seemingly for growing vegetables and herbs, and a small dug-out arena for training in. Scorch marks on the ground indicated it's durability had been tested. All of this was surrounded by a three-foot high stone wall topped with iron fencing, and an arching gate that Baoithin swung open as they approached. And at the very center, a tall flagpole with the Golden Star banner fluttering in the wind on the top.

"Welcome to the actual guild, everyone." Baoithin said, "The cabins you'll be staying in are to your left as you enter. No more than two people per cabin, and no gender-mixing, please. Baths will be installed in the northern Guild Center soon enough, but until there's a lake southeast of here you can use. It's warm enough." He approached a finished cabin and opened the door. Going in, there was a cozy fireplace with a mantlepiece, table, cushioned bench, and doorways leading to the bedroom and latrine. "They're plenty nice, if not a bit bare. I'll leave home decor to you, though."

"Now as for how to keep this place funded," the guildmaster continued, leading them to a pair of billboards outside the Guild Center, "I'd like to draw your attention to these." He pulled a sheet of paper off and handed it to Manu:

MISSING PERSON NOTICE
Request Rank: E
Person Name: Julianne Kitaru
Gender/Race: Female Human
Description: Green-Blue eyes, Blonde hair, last seen wearing a purple dress and bonnet, 9 years old.
Client: Morgana Kitaru, Juniper Village
Reward: 3,500 Crowns*

My little girl's been missing for 24 hours upon writing this. Please, help me find her and bring her home. She was last seen playing by the woods east of our village!

"This request, and others, will be our ticket to funding our guild. It arrived last night from Juniper's Guild Station." Baoithin explained, "Let me tell you how this works:

"Each Country has a Guild Council that runs the logistics, rankings, organization, and inspections of each guild. They're essentially the people who run the guilds in their country. Locals who want to hire a guild for help go to their town or village's Station, where their request is recorded, copied, and sent to the guilds within the area. After that, the requests can be accepted by members of the guilds. After it's complete, the reward is paid by the council (who in turn are funded by taxes on the guilds, funding from the throne, and modest request fees, and it's divided between guild and members, most of it usually going to the guild to pay the bills and provide it's members with the supplies the guild needs."

"That being said, anyone interested in taking this particular job?" Baoithin asked, looking amongst the crowd for volunteers.

Last edited:
Silber had removed himself from the mass of greetings and conversations to sit against the tree he'd grown for Safona. He didn't like how she mingled among those others, but she'd have scolded him if he said as much or tried to remove her from their midst. At least the branded filth was no longer among the main gathering where Safona still played, so Silber's guard was lowered somewhat. He still watched for that human from where he sat, alternating watching that person and Safona.

He was still thinking about Safona's words. "After killing him what will you do? Kill everyone else in that wretched guild?"

Yes! She thought him incapable. As always, she overestimated the lower races. He was still strong enough to wipe out a rogue band of butchers. He hadn't weakened enough to care about the number of pests placed before him. He would wait, as Safona wished, but if that human so much as touched her, Silber would slaughter him right then and there, and then he would do the same to every other person bearing that vile marking. Fulfilling Safona's wishes was important to him yes, but not above keeping her safe.

He was momentarily hopeful upon seeing a horned man among the new arrivals, until seeing that the man was indeed nothing more than an elf. Silber had thought he'd have another drahkin besides Safona to get to interact with. Even one of the lesser drahkin would have been a great step up from these low races. He'd gotten too hopeful. He leaned back heavily against the tree and watched a cloud overhead, his mind never bothering to assign it a shape.

A terrible smell assaulted Silber's nose just in time for a wild animal to approach the group. His first reaction was to pick up a stone to throw at the beast, which he did not move to return once the beast spoke. If anything that made his disgust for the thing deepen. So that's what comes from a human widow allowed to keep pets, he thought, sickening even himself. He almost couldn't stand to look at thing's face when it spoke. Its mouth moved in ways that should not be production intelligible sounds. Gross.

Having retreated back to watching the sky to avoid seeing that terrible sight - though now that he'd seen the thing speak once the sight filled his head each time he overheard the voice - Silber was slow to react to the whole group suddenly changing locations following Baoithin into the forest. Personally he didn't care for any of it. The accommodations were far beneath what he should be subjected to, and that Safona would be put up in anything lesser than the royal palace was a direct insult. He would raise both complaints at a later point surely, but for now he'd come up with a wonderful use for that hole in the ground over there.

"Sidhe girl," Silber called over to the small white-haired female. "If you could be so kind, please translate from lizard to whatever series of squeals and grunts that human besides yourself converses in." He grinned and locked eyes with the human scum that liked to fancy himself a dragon-slayer. "A duel. Right now." Sorry Safona.

The alpha surprised Reynar by leading them through a close by wood instead of towards the suggested creek. But within a minute walking time, they could see the reason behind this. Well hidden by the trees were several buildings, some with roofs made from fresh straw and grass such that they had not been obvious to him from the bird eye's perspective others so unfinished that he even now could not tell what they were meant for. The stone wall and iron gate made the wolf man's fur stand on end - this felt like being locked in rather than freely roaming the world. Only the alpha's assurance kept him going to end up in the center where a pole held a piece of cloth with a painted star and some decoration on it. "Welcome to the actual guild!", were his words and Reynar felt less sure about joining than ever before. Was he really meant to be here? But they could help him learn new things, places and lore. And how would he ever understand the others, of he did not even learn how they lived?
In spite of the promising sight of the area for growing herbs, he still felt that the trip to the river with Daries would make him feel better than spending a few hours in these close confines. As he turned around towards the Sidhe, he saw another figure approaching - one of the drakhins who had only spared him a cold glance until now and not even recognized his greeting earlier. His posture, his strides all spoke of trouble - and sure enough they proved to be. "If you could be so kind, please translate from lizard to whatever series of squeals and grunts that human besides yourself converses in." Until he heard the word human the wolfman had thought that he might be the target and had maybe angered the drakhin unintentionally. "A duel. Right now", made him prick his ears and let his eyes wander between the fur-cloaked human and the aggressive drakhin.
All this fighting and brutality were really against his nature and intentions as a shaman - they disturbed the natural balance of life and death turning it far too much toward death. Stepping forward, he yelped in his most friendly and diplomatic tone. "Do you really intend to fight among each other? Surely you can come to terms with your words rather than your swords. If there was an insult, an apology might right it rather than blood shed." Pleadingly his amber eyes turned from one to the other hoping that they might see reason.

(srry i'm typing on my phone)
Daries stared at the small, town-like area that would be the guild. Although it was quaint and quite adorable, it was much to cramped for the Sidhe who had roamed free for most of her life. She had a feeling that Reynar also had mixed feelings about this place. Maybe she could make her own little hut further away, or maybe a tree house! Daries perked up a bit and went to mention the idea to her wolf-like friend. Before she could, however, a new voice acknowledged her.
" Y-yes?" She responded when she heard the words ' Sidhe girl'. " H-how can i help?" Daries grimaced a bit when she got the request to translate, and shyed away a little. "C-can't we all be friends? I know you both hate each other, but really... let's be friends!"Although Al was a jerk, Daries knew he was a good person, and was ready to help him. But she also didn't want anyone to think she blunt and rude, and was a little afraid to take sides.
Daries had to be ready if things escelated, and that she might have to stop a fight. She looked over towards Reynar when he spoke, glad that she wasn't the only voice of reason in this matter, and nodded along to what he had to say."S-see? I'm not the o-only one who wants us a-all to be friends!" Daries peeped, moving forwards again, and a little more towards Al. She had to be ready to hold him back if things got too... violent. Daries sent him a slight glare, warning Al not to engage with the Drahkin.

Al followed Baoithin as he leads everyone to the small built-up area, still wondering if Nox was willing to hear out his deal. The place they were supposed to stay at was...acceptable. From what Baoithin showed of the cabins, they seemed very comfortable and had plenty of room. It was no great castle, like what The Dragon Slayer guild provided with plenty of room and service, but the place itself was all they really need in a guild, a place to eat, a place to sleep, a place to meet, and a place to bathe. Yet from what he could tell from the other guild members' reaction, most weren't pleased of the place.

Baoithin showed where their funds will come from, which was in form of taking jobs from people. The job he showed seemed easy enough and yet provide plenty of crowns for the guild. Baoithin really thought this well through and seemed really passionate about the guild. Al respected that about him, a man of passion who was willing to do anything to achieve their goal.

From the corner of his eye, he could see the bothersome Drahkin approach Daries, glaring at him. What did he want?

As Al leaned in close to hear what he said, he could make out "A duel, Right now." he won't even request a duel to him in person, what a pompous kid. The newly joined wolfman confronted the Drahkin, trying to allude him from fighting and instead asked for each other to apologize if insults were held. So he's a noble savage Al thought to himself. The wolfman looked at him, pleading to not react. Al simply nodded as to show he had no intention to.

Daries responded to the Drahkin by talking about being friends to each other and agreed to the wolfman's statements, even walking up to Al to stop him if he wished to fight. She was such a sweet person and very thoughtful of people around her, but the idea of him being friends with the Drahkin was close to impossible, even if he weren't a Drahkin he was still an annoying pompous child. Al put his hand on her shoulder, assuring her that he had no intention to fight.

Al looked at the Drahkin and laughed. "You want to propose a duel? Right now? when we haven't even finished our orientation yet. I would say Drahkins were dumb, but I think that's just you in general. First of all, 'sidhe girl's name was Daries. Second of all, I have no intentions of fighting a child, come back to me when you're ten years older and I might consider brawling with you, but I must warn you, I had killed plenty of Drahkins."

Daries slightly leaned into his touch- not that way- and gave Al a nervous smile. She hated it when people quarreled, but had a feeling Al wouldn't bother fighting a Drahkin. Daries looked back towards the Drahkins, her eyes narrowing a bit.
This one had come to pick a fight, something she did not respect. Drahkin hater or not, Daries sided with Al on this one because, well, Al was her friend. She just needs to friendship the hate away.
Her smile returned though, when Al stuck up for her. But then he began bragging, so Daries looked back up at him and raised one eyebrow, signalling a very clear message to him; " What The Fuck?"
She sighed, shaking her head as she looked up at the sky, sensing a slight change of atmosphere. The air seemed to lighten a bit, and she could practically sense a slight rain coming. Daries scowled, and although the rain was far enough away that is wouldn't effect her plans for the day, it was still a bit daunting.

"Hooves ho!" Yigi grunted as she pulled the cart up the mountain, towards the Golden Star guild. Having stronger legs than most people, and having an advanced alteration technique to boot, she used her abilities to help the construction of the guild. The cart was currently filled with more bricks that would be used to finish the building.

Yeah, of course she asked for a little compensation for her work. She wouldn't want to pass the opportunity to get some shiny coins.

"That being said, anyone interested in taking this particular job?"

That was what Yigi heard when she was pulling the cart in front the guild hall. Her limp sheep ears suddenly perked up, she immediately ditched the cart and dashed into the building.

"Yigi, job!!" She exclaimed as she ran towards Baoithin, ignoring the brewing conflict between the drahkin and the dragon slayer. "Master Bao, give Yigi more job!"

The beastfolk formed a circle by touching her thumb and middle finger, her eyes were gleaming with her desire for more money.

Still preoccupied with her earlier nostalgic thoughts, Safona had somewhat followed the others in a daze, nodding and replying where appropriate, but otherwise not saying much at all. She had half registered the conversations that had occurred in her head, but the sudden shouts and intrusion of a sheep beastwoman abruptly awoke her. She really needed to get rid of her daydreaming habits.

Although initially slightly bewildered by her appearance, she quickly deduced that she was just another guild member eager to take another quest. Safona wasn't particularly interested in the job, even though she had some abilities that could come in handy, and therefore chose to divert her attention back to the group she had followed here.

As her eyes locked onto both the detestable human named 'Al' and her childhood friend Silber, she immediately felt a headache coming on. Marching towards the duo, she abruptly grabbed onto her companions little shoulder. Hard. With a perfect smile plastered onto her face, she was about to drag him away when she heard the dragon-slayer humans reply.

'but I must warn you, I had killed plenty of Drahkins."

Pausing her steps briefly, she let go of Silber and slapped Al with full force across his face, her disgust and rage clear for all to see. Her eyes were hard to decipher with her whirlpool of emotions, but a faint tinge of sorrow and lost longing were visible. After glaring at him for a few seconds, she dragged Silber with her away to one of the cabins before slamming the door shut behind her.

Everything. Absolutely everything disgusted her about that human. Arrogance and pride oozed off his words as he spoke about killing her brethren, her family, as if it was something to be proud of. Do surface dwellers look up to people like that? Wasn't murder a crime? Turns out the surface her mother would always lovingly talk about was a whole lot more messed up than she thought. She finally understood Silbers burning desire to destroy that monster. She too wanted to eradicate him and that guild, but it wasn't time yet. She had to be patient.

After a few minutes of leaning against the door, she became calm again. Her fiery eyes simmered down quietly to an icy blue. She wasn't sure of Silbers emotions at this time, but she felt it wouldn't be good if they missed out on any more of the orientation. She just had to bear with it a little more, then they can go about their own daily lives for a bit. Safona did want to show Silber some more of the good parts of the surface afterall, like the interesting yet delicious food and the amazing sights. A soft smile appeared at the thought, before she opened the door and walked back towards the group, as if nothing had happened. Minus the red hand mark on the fools face.

She didn't force Silber to follow her. If he wanted to, he could just relax there for a bit before she went back and relayed all the neccessary information back to him. Remembering that she hadn't welcomed or addressed the other newcomers yet, she smiled at them and bowed slightly. She remembered the wolfman was Reyvian, the horned elf was Nox and guessing by the sheepwomans speech, she was named Yigi? The group was growing by the second, and she wasn't sure of the impression she had on these people. Though she had been low profile for a while, she did just leave a red hand mark on someone they were talking to so they probably didn't like her. Well, so be it. There was no way she would've taken those words lying down. She could handle snubbing, isolation and perhaps even physical harm from others. But dissing her deceased and the people she cared for was too much.

Al looked at Daries as she leaned in close to his hand, she gave him an upsetting look with a raised eyebrow. Did he say something wrong?

As the other Drahkin took the small one away she suddenly stopped after he made his last statment. She strode towards him and gave him a strong smack across his face. The slap left a hellish sting like a large bee had stung his cheeck, leaving behind a red mark. He looked at her both agitated and confused, her face wasn't one of anger, her face was one of sorrow. Somehow, that painful look she gave him hurt more and than the slap. It made Al feel...guilty, even though he did absolutely nothing wrong.

The Drahkins locked themselves in one of the cabin and for a split second, a thought ran through Al...was he wrong? No. His old guild master had said that Drahkins will see your actions as despicable and they will feel great sorrow, but one within the Dragonslayers must not feel sympathy for such creatures, as the pain they inflicte to the world is more than they could ever go through. They deserve no sympathy.

Unfortunately, the female Drahkin emerged from her cabin. Al didn't want to see any Drahkins for the rest of the day. He walked towards the Beastfolk-Ovil fellow that had just arrived.

"Yigi was it?" Al said to the beast folk. "I want to join you on this job, presumably as far away from this place as possible."

The barter with Nox will have to wait.

Baoithin's face changed when he saw what went down between Al and the two Drahkin, as well as Daries. It was clear he was none too pleased, and pinned the message back on the board. "I suppose the 'first job' idea will have to wait." He said, the jovial tone in his voice gone. He knew he'd have to get rid of this problem before conducting any official business with these three. He approached them (nodding to Yigi as he did so), armor clanking loudly as he did so, with a look of disappointment. "Now, Safona, I understand why you did what you did, and I'm not saying you're wrong for being angry, but please refrain from striking your guildmate in the future." He said in a gentle, but stern tone. He then turned to Silber and Al. "You two clearly have no respect for each other, nor do you seem to care that you're disrupting the guild bickering like a pair of preschoolers." His voice was much harsher. "This I cannot abide by. If I'm going to allow you two to stay, we're going to have to work out this racism issue."

He then reached behind him, and with a click, his chestplate fell off, revealing the red tunic he was wearing underneath. After removing his armor and adjusting the clothing he wore underneath for more comfort, he continued. "That said, I have a little test for the two of you. If you pass, you may stay. Fail, and you'll both be expelled from Golden Sun before Orientation is finished." He then looked back toward the other members. "Feel free to make yourselves at home while I deal with these two." He then led Al and Silber out of the guild to a different clearing, this one much larger, and patted his waist, indicating his sash. "Now listen up, you two. This is a simple test. You have until sunset to try and take this sash from me. That's three hours from now. Use any means you feel necessary, and come at me however you like." He then put his hands behind his back, waiting for their reaction.

Manu found himself fascinated by the camp they were led to. He had thought it to be on a much lower level of housing. He watched the workers buzzing around, clearly paid handsomely, or simply passionate about bricklaying and carpentry, as they were moving around efficiently and dilligently. He could smell burnt pork in the vicinity of the mess hall, and although burnt, it meant a meaty feast. This was exhilarating. Taken away by beautiful craftsmanship and payment-induced productivity, Manu almost didn't notice the cabins made for pairs of two. He didn't say anything, but he knew that he wouldn't get any sleep the first couple of nights, as his sleeping habits had proven resistant to his otherwise adaptive attitude, leading to countless nights of insomnia listening to the breath of other conscious minds. Before he was able to make the request to have a cabin made for himself, his previous question was answered via the showing of billboards and the handing of a paper. His dark-brown eyes darted back and forth at the paper. A missing persons job, it seemed. Rank E.

E for Easy, he thought. The motto of his teacher in economy. He took in the bureaucracy explained by Baoithin.

"So we just have to find this person for 3,500 crowns? What is she, a noble?" Manu spurted out loud. Luckily he was deafened by a cocky remark.

The drahkin that he had decided to be both cocky and capable issued a challenge to Al. All worries that Manu had had about the drahkin vanished. Befriending him would be of no use, as he clearly didn't seek to remain a part of the guild. Had the drahkin not been so filled with arrogance, he would have thought the sparring to be a practical test of strength, and a measurer of who he was to ally with, but now there was no practical value in acquainting himself with the white-haired boy. The wolfman and sidhe girl pleaded that the drahkin was not to disrupt the group. Al, the drahkin slayer, claimed feats of drahkin slaying, probably nothing but an empty statement, as this was a new guild. Manu reflected on his previous thoughts of the drahkin. Maybe befriending the outnumbered would be safer than allying with the majority. It could prove more reliable.

His thoughts were interrupted by a wool covered beast-person, not unlike the wolfman. He had heard of these, but hadn't seen them much. It proved itself simpler in spirit, than the wolfman, when blabbering. The guildmaster retorted to the noise provided by the aggressive human and drahkin and proceeded to pull the paper from Manu's grip and pin it back on the billboard, after which he lectured the uncooperative guildmates and led them off to a test. He told them to familiarize themselves. No railing.

Manu wanted to attempt to converse, but instead let his pragmatic self take over. He turned himself towards the other guildmembers, his cloak swerving in the air.

"I suggest we familiarize ourselves with eachothers abilities while the others are off getting lectured. We'll be doing our first job soon, so we might as well. I suggest we show off in the arena, unless someone another suggestion?" He said bluntly, waiting for a reply.

Last edited:
Al was about to reach Yibi and Manu when suddenly, Baoithin stopped him on his track and dragged him back to the others.
He first gave a stern talking to the tall Drahkin, Safona was the name.

He then turned to Al and the other Drahkin, referring to them as immature preschoolers. Baoithin removed his armour as he proposed a test to the two, saying that if they fail, they'll be expelled. No, this is too important, Al thought to himself I need this, my friends need me. Al had no other choice but to follow Baoithin to a different clearing. Before he left however, Daries kissed him on the cheeck, making him blush as he nodded to Daries to say thanks. He glared at the Drahkin full of hate, this was all his fault.

Baoithin patted his waist and told they were to take a sash from him within three hours. This was the task? Easy, a simple theft job was no challenge to Al. His eyes glow purple as a purple chain of about three-metre length materialized on his hands. "Let's get this over with Oldman."

Daries let out a yelp when Al was hit, her eyes widening. She understood why the Drahkin did it, but she definitely wasn't prepared. She moved a hand upwards towards the red mark, but stopped abruptly when Baoithin strode over. He broke up their fight, and led the too rivals away from the rest of the group. Daries -PLATONICALLY- kissed Al on the cheek where the red mark had formed, a sign of good luck on the test. And then rushed off to find her wolf-like friend from before. After all, she had a stream to find.
Daries passed by the cabins as she trekked towards the forests, and paused. Maybe she should grab a cabin..? No, she was going to build her own treehouse! Daries continued to skip towards the forest, wondering what kind of tree she should build her house in. It wasn't only going to be her home, Daries decided, she would also set up a shop for the herbs and fruits she would gather! It would probably be a great help for the guild to have a healer near by, so Daries made a mental to gather lots of medical herbs. She also needed more mountain chamomile leaves for tea.

Reynar sighed deeply as the aggressive young drakhin and the human exchanged insults, but at least they did not jump at each other's throats even though they behaved like immature half-grown pups. Gratefully, the wolfman locked eyes with Daries, as she also pleaded for peace and friendship and even moved closer to her human friend to keep him in check.
Just as the situation was about to escalate, the female drakhin who had kept to the background until now intervened to keep her companion in check, before she turned around toward the young human. Hurt, sorrow and a cold anger showed in her eyes, as she slapped him across the face - a reaction which he could perfectly understand given that he talked about murdering her clan like they were beasts to slay, just like some other humans had talked about his kind, the beast-folk.
The guildmaster proved to be a worthy Alpha, as he scolded the immature pair for behaving like pups rather than adults and proposed a challenge for them to be allowed to stay with the guild. This was only reasonable, as in time of need they had to rely on each other and then such stupid quarrels were truly destructive, even deadly.
Glad that the situation had been resolved without bloodshed, he turned towards searching for the lake where he wanted to create his camp. Daries must have dashed off already, as he could not see her any more among the remaining crowd.
A voice stopped him in his tracks however. The other human who behaved and looked more mature suggested showing their skills and pointed toward the burnt ground. Reynar cocked his head in thought, before answering: "I do not know what you with to show there. My skills lie with healing injuries, poison or disease, keeping people warm or cooling them in the heat, creating food or water or simple equipment for the desperate. I am a shaman of my people, I use my skills help and protect, not to harm, unless the time for fighting for their protection has come. One should not use such skills and powers given by the moon without good reason. Be assured, I know how to fight in times of need."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back