• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Age of The End [Homebrew 5e D&D campaign]

TyranntX

Undesputed king of the dinosaurs
The Story
For at least 500,000 years, the mortal realm of Terris has been in the crossfire of two waring factions. The Noble Ascended, and The Evil Hell Knights. But these are no mere armies, both of them possess otherworldly powers beyond imagination, and both of them fight for different causes. The Hell Knights what only to bring hate, death, chaos, and destruction. While the Ascended wish only to bring balance and peace to the universe. Sadly though, even after 500,000 years of fighting, it seems that neither side is any closer to besting the other, and the effects are slowly starting to become more and more apparent and taxing on the world. Families are being ripped apart, noble houses are falling, farms are producing less and less food every passing century, even a number of empires are crumbling into pieces. The only foreseeable way to end it all, is for the war to come to a close. Should the Ascended win, then the denizens of hell will be pushed back and an era of peace will finally reign over Terris. But should the Hell Knights win, then all mortality is doomed for eons to come. Many of the lower/upper planes know this and have already started to take sides, and now it is nearly your time to do the same. Who shall win the war and decide the fate of Terris? The Holy Ascended and forces of heaven? or The Devil king Dreahedron and his Hell Knight Army?

Quick summary

Hello Everyone, TyranntX is back. and this Time I thought I'd give a D&D Champaign I've been working on a shot on this forum, if you are interested. Head over to the OOC and sign up, I'll have more detailed rules posted there. but for now here's a quick run down of the kind of party I'm After.

Party size from min to max is 4-12
homebrew Races and Classes ARE allowed (just run them by me first)
and Evil Alignments are STRONGLY DISCOURAGED, but not completely forbidden.

OOC is this way, Dice - Age of the End (OOC)

Last edited:
A few questions:

Play by post or sessions?If play by post, what post requirements?

What level would characters start on?

Are all official sources allowed? Is unearthed arcana?

I am getting mixed signals in regards to the story. On one hand, you seem quite willing to let us have some pretty powerful options. On the other hand, you seem pretty intent on running something call of Cthulhu-esque or maybe curse of Strahd-esque with sanity points and pretty much certain death. So I’m confused on whether you are more focused on a heroic epic or a survival horror sort of setting, being that the two are relatively incompatible in tone.

A few questions:

Play by post or sessions?If play by post, what post requirements?

What level would characters start on?

Are all official sources allowed? Is unearthed arcana?

I am getting mixed signals in regards to the story. On one hand, you seem quite willing to let us have some pretty powerful options. On the other hand, you seem pretty intent on running something call of Cthulhu-esque or maybe curse of Strahd-esque with sanity points and pretty much certain death. So I’m confused on whether you are more focused on a heroic epic or a survival horror sort of setting, being that the two are relatively incompatible in tone.

This will be a play by post campaign, as life tends to be more in favor of being in the way of sessions.

You will begin at level 1, but unlike most campaigns there is no level cap.

Yes, all official sources are allowed, and yes so is unearthed arcana.

Indeed, this will be a bit... Darker than most campaigns you've played, peril and death will dog you like a hangry hawk. This will mostly be a heroic epic, though there are a number of honorific and supernatural elements to it.

This will be a play by post campaign, as life tends to be more in favor of being in the way of sessions.

You will begin at level 1, but unlike most campaigns there is no level cap.

Yes, all official sources are allowed, and yes so is unearthed arcana.

Indeed, this will be a bit... Darker than most campaigns you've played, peril and death will dog you like a hangry hawk. This will mostly be a heroic epic, though there are a number of honorific and supernatural elements to it.

Noted. Unfortunately, level 1 is a bit too boring for me, don't really like that, so I suppose I'll be skipping this one. Nonetheless, I wish you and all the participants the best of luck and that you have a great time!

Yeah, Minotaurs are super cool. Where do we do our Character Sheet?

This will take you to the OOC, which will give you a list of rules as well as a basic skeleton for the sheet. On that page you can also find the "characters" tab where you can post your audition

Heeeyyyyy lol so I've had this idea bouncing in my head. Would you be open to a half drow?

That would be classified as a half elf, which is part of vanilla D&D. Only difference is I'd be nice enough to offer you darkvison... so that's a yes :)

Hello~
Are you still open to new addition?
It does sound intense.. would this be newbie friendly? I've never done a written D&D thing, and my only source of information is the free content on D&DBeyond and my girlfriend in her campaign
I do understand if it's a no go tho! I wouldn't want to annoy anyone with ..newbiness?

Hello~
Are you still open to new addition?
It does sound intense.. would this be newbie friendly? I've never done a written D&D thing, and my only source of information is the free content on D&DBeyond and my girlfriend in her campaign
I do understand if it's a no go tho! I wouldn't want to annoy anyone with ..newbiness?
We are open, 4 slots remain as of now. As for if this is noob friendly? Well Yes and no, it will take some getting use to for some of the more "Homebrewy" stuff, but I'll still help out as much as I'm allowed to :)

We are open, 4 slots remain as of now. As for if this is noob friendly? Well Yes and no, it will take some getting use to for some of the more "Homebrewy" stuff, but I'll still help out as much as I'm allowed to :)
I don't mind getting used to homebrewy stuff lol would there be space for a tiefling bard(depending how it goes, I have the basic understanding of multiclassing if that'll be an option later?)

I don't mind getting used to homebrewy stuff lol would there be space for a tiefling bard(depending how it goes, I have the basic understanding of multiclassing if that'll be an option later?)

We do, just be sure to check out our "lore" page to better understanding how the world works :)

We do have a tiedking bard already, if you are bothered by it. Lol but we don't mind people doubling classes. Bards are a parties force multiplier.

This is pretty interesting. I’m contemplating a Pyromaniacle Goblin Bladelock, maybe multiclassed depending on what would make sense with his background.

If you’re still accepting should I be building at lvl 1 or 2? (I noticed while browsing the other PCs seem to all be lvl2 now. Haven’t caught up on the main thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back