• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Age of The End (D&D 5E) (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
With... something happening, did some one disappear? How could that be there was always 11 of you!... At any rate, all the reaming orbs vanish, and the arena returns to normal. the Crowd roars with applause as the party passes the first stage of the trials. Gagail then strikes his staff to the ground and now all party members are standing in front of a podium. Xai the teleports again, seemingly upseat about something, "Seriously HOW MANY TIMES MUST I Come down here?" he exclaims in frustration. He then looks to the party, and regains his stance of cocky superiority. "This next Trail will test your smarts, answer all my riddles and you'll move on to the next trail." Xai said, ginning ear to ear.

and then spoke the first riddle.

"I have forests, without trees... Sea, without water... Towns, without homes... Mountains, without land.... What am I?"

Last edited:
Romana thought it over for a second before venturing an answer. "You're a map."

"You, Are Correct." Xai said, with a nod. And Romana's podium glew and flashed a gentle green light.

Xai then spoke the next Riddle

"I Speak without a mouth, Listen without ears, though I have no body I live on the breeze... What am I?"

Beorin takes a deep breath from his exertions and says, "I say it would be an echo."

Beorin takes a deep breath from his exertions and says, "I say it would be an echo."

Xai looks to you with a devilish smile, "You... are Correct." He exclaims, as Beorin Podium also glows a soft green.

"I am a fragile thing, Broken as soon as I am spoken... What am I?"

Athaclenna says, "Well, Silence is broken when someone speaks, so I will say that it is Silence."

Xai looks to you, "That... Is correct" and now Athaclenna's Podium glows green too.

"I can be eaten, but should you do so... you'll be eaten too... What am I?"

Xai looks to you, "That... Is correct" and now Athaclenna's Podium glows green too.

"I can be eaten, but should you do so... you'll be eaten too... What am I?"
Kalvienne rubbed the back of his neck. "A fishhook." He said. "..probably." He was still a bit grumpy.

Kalvienne rubbed the back of his neck. "A fishhook." He said. "..probably." He was still a bit grumpy.

"Correct!" Xai states, seeming to revel in this part of the trials. Your podium glows

"I can follow you, through grass, through sand, through mud, and snow. The more of me you take, the more you leave behind... What am I?"

Last edited:
"Correct!" Xai states, seeming to revel in this part of the trials.

"I can follow you, through grass, through sand, through mud, and snow. The more of me you take, the more you leave behind... What am I?"
"It be footprints." Toryk answered

"It be footprints." Toryk answered

Xai looks you you and nods, "you are correct." and your podium glows like those who have answered thus far.

"I happen once a minute, once a month, once a millennia, yet some how twice a moment... What am I?"

Hopsek cocked his head slightly, then seemed to hop a little though his feet didn’t leave the ground, “M.”

Hopsek cocked his head slightly, then seemed to hop a little though his feet didn’t leave the ground, “M.”

"Correct!" Xai would say to you, and your podium glows like the rest so far.

"I am black when received, red when used, and grey when discarded... What am I?"

Evora had been lost in sauce that was her current situation for a while.
She'd tried to act quickly upon waking and after having destoryed the orbs, she was afforded more time to take everything in.
The sights were bizarre, unfamiliar and otherworldly.
She struggled to remember where she had been beforehand and fell into deep contemplation when she did.
It was only pushed aside by the thought of her newfound power and consequently, their current predicament.

She tuned back in to everyone just in time to hear the last riddle.

"...coal. Coal, it's coal!" She answered

Evora had been lost in sauce that was her current situation for a while.
She'd tried to act quickly upon waking and after having destoryed the orbs, she was afforded more time to take everything in.
The sights were bizarre, unfamiliar and otherworldly.
She struggled to remember where she had been beforehand and fell into deep contemplation when she did.
It was only pushed aside by the thought of her newfound power and consequently, their current predicament.

She tuned back in to everyone just in time to hear the last riddle.

"...coal. Coal, it's coal!" She answered

"You are correct!" Xai continues to smile, and your podium glows like much of the others.

"I can fly, but I have no wings. I can kill, but can't use a weapon. There are times I am limited, and times when I'm abundant... What am I?"

Shalia instantly shaking a little the moment she hears that the next trial is riddles. She tries to steady herself as the others begin getting the correct answer to the riddles. I got to focus and think like my genius sister for a moment. Shalia glances over to the chest of one of the other women, but then slaps herself. Focus this is not the time to stare at boobs. Wait could that be the answer? Nervously Shalia answers "Time".

Shalia instantly shaking a little the moment she hears that the next trial is riddles. She tries to steady herself as the others begin getting the correct answer to the riddles. I got to focus and think like my genius sister for a moment. Shalia glances over to the chest of one of the other women, but then slaps herself. Focus this is not the time to stare at boobs. Wait could that be the answer? Nervously Shalia answers "Time".

Xai nods at you, "That is, correct!" and your podium glows like the others before you.

"I am tall in my youth, but shorten as I age. so long it isn't windy, I'll bring light to your day... what am I?"

"A candle," replied Vrail.

Xai responds to your reply "That is... correct!" And your podium glows too

"I breathe, but have no lungs. I live, but cannot grow. I can Consume, but I have no mouth. If I drink water, I'll die... What am I?"

Last edited:
Xai responds to your reply "That is... correct!" And your podium glows too

"I breathe, but have no lungs. I live, but cannot grow. I can Consume, but I have no mouth. If I drink water, I'll die... What am I?"

Diella bites her lip, thinking her words over. The last two clues seem to point to fire. But... given fuel, fire can grow, can't it? And yet, what else is harmed by water? Everything that comes to her mind - dryness, thirst, even heat - doesn't breathe, even in a figurative way.

"Um. Is it... fire, perhaps?" Diella finally replies with a resigned sigh.

Diella bites her lip, thinking her words over. The last two clues seem to point to fire. But... given fuel, fire can grow, can't it? And yet, what else is harmed by water? Everything that comes to her mind - dryness, thirst, even heat - doesn't breathe, even in a figurative way.

"Um. Is it... fire, perhaps?" Diella finally replies with a resigned sigh.

"That is.... Correct!" Xai smiles, as begins to... limber up? He's cracking his knuckles, his neck, and even his tail?

Diella's podium glows like the others. only one riddle remians.

"I crumble empires, I level mountains, I dry seas, I burn forests, I Bring Extinction. I am both the Beginning and the end... Before one can create... One must first use me... What am I?"

Brea lowers her bow as the orbs disappeared. "I guess that round is over," she commented. Next came, riddles? Alright. She listened as riddles were asked and answered. When Diella asked her riddle Brea frowned in thought.

"Time?" she answered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back