• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Age of The End (D&D 5E) (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Looking at all of them, the shaking tiefling shook his head, clinging to the mast any tighter if possible. Even if he wanted to leave it, he was terrified. "The water.." He managed to whisper. "I'm afraid of water.." He managed to rasp out. It explained his initial freak out at the tavern about ships. "I.. I can't.." He trailed. He'd feel embarrassed later about being a grown man shaking like a leaf.

Equusheart Equusheart Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood dr xenon dr xenon

"Yes, Master." She said driving the team to the loading ramp.
The two mammoth horses collected and pranced in place some as they approached, trying to get a feel for the area.
It took a little bit of convincing to get them to the ramp but Evora made it happen.

"How...how do we go about this, Master Toryk?" She said, never having seen a horse team and wagon loaded. She figured it wouldn't be all at once but she wasn't sure.

D. Rex D. Rex

Chapter 1
[Narration]

With the party now on board the ship, the Captain along with Dexterous take one last moment to make sure everyone is accounted for before Dex gives out an order in Draconic

"Release the sails and raise the the bow! Next stop, The Town of Birth!", he called out as the crew began to scatter about the ship and take their places as Dex gave out orders. And in just a few moments, the ship begins to slowly rise from the water! After about a few minutes the ship was airborne and started to pick up speed and move forward. Higher and higher and higher still the ship went, even the crew were starting to get excited for the voyage ahead (even if it was just to transport some people to the mainland). Next Stop, The Town of Birth!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RPNation presents

a Tyrannt industries production

Inspired by the worlds and lore of Wizards of the Coast

Dungeons & Dragons : Age of The End

Story by TyranntX

Staring:

D. Rex D. Rex as Toryk the Gnoll
Ilikepie Ilikepie as Shalia the Tiefling
Sherwood Sherwood as Beorin the Dwarf
Psychie Psychie as Athaclenna the Wood Elf
Felis Felis as Diella the Halfling
Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide as Evora the Tiefling
dr xenon dr xenon as Vrail the Ankylos
Equusheart Equusheart as Nokomis the Half-Elf
and...
DuckPrince DuckPrince as Kalvienne the Tiefling

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter Results

At the end of each chapter, you will be given results on your efforts and progress so far. These can range from titles and achievements, to stat increases. Watch out though because doing poorly can also affect what results you get. The more you do in a chapter, the more you'll get at the end. Good luck!

Toryk was the most Amusing
Nokomis was the most Enthused
Athaclenna was the least Fortunate
Evora was the most Observant
Kalvienne was the most Cowardly
Vrail and Beorin were the most Cooperative

Shalia = "Magic is Everything" (Achievement) Be The first in the party to buy a Talisman before Chapter 1.
Kalvienne = "Scaredy-cat!" (Achievement) (Title) Fail the same Sanity Save 3 times in a row.
Toryk = "Sky Raider Dexterous" (Milestone) You Met Dexterous, Number 4 of the 10 legendary Pirates

Stat gains losses...
All Players Advance 1 level for completing the intro
Kalvienne's Sanity Score Drops by 1

Chapter 1: When Lightening Strikes
[Narration]

The ship has been airborne for 10 minutes now. and the Nameless Party finds them selves as welcomed passengers on aboard The Cloud Shark, the legendary ship of the Blue Sky pirates, however only Torky knows about the nature of this ship and its owner. High above the clouds, the crew and passengers could only do so much to pass the time before they reached their destination.

Last edited:
Shalia smiled when she saw her other female companions appear on the ship. Kalvin being afraid of water made since considering her earlier conversation with him at the marketplace. Seeing the ship take off into the sky came as a surprise for Shalia since she had no idea that ship could fly. She considers that maybe since the ship is not being hit by waves that Kalvin might actually let himself off the mast and likely not have problems as long he does not look down from the ship to the water below. She takes some time to enjoy seeing the world from this new height while also taking a few glances at her female companions with a smile on her face.

Toryk actually grinned as the ship took off. He knew it would do so, but the thought of being in the legendary ship was quite invigorating. Still hard to believe he was on it. But here he was. And thankfully, it eased his worries about being trailed a bit. Only a bit. There was still the risk of airborne threats. And given the infamy of the Cloud Shark to the hell knights, they would no doubt not go easy if they were indeed hunting the artifact.

Toryk would stay on deck where he could keep an eye open, passing his time loading his new flintlock. Opening the breech and inserting the waxed paper cartridge, closing it and pulling a lever to pack the powder, wad, and ball to the proper position. With a small paper ball of premeasuered powder for the prime, it was as easy as pinching it into the pan and closing the frizen to keep it in place. Making sure it was half cocked. He took the time to get familiar with its weight and balance. It was always a smart idea to familiarize oneself with a weapon before you had to use it.

Beorin would look for the captain to ask if he would mind him offering up a blessing from Gagail on their journey for clear skies and good fortune.

Beorin would look for the captain to ask if he would mind him offering up a blessing from Gagail on their journey for clear skies and good fortune.

You find the captain, a human woman. She's looking intently off the port bow.

Beorin would approach her. "Madam Captain? is everything well? I was wondering if you would object to me performing a brief prayer to Gagail for his blessing on our journey. If you would prefer not, that is fine as well."

Nokomis shared a smile with Shelia, feeling the same enjoyment as her tiefling friend. It was soon replaced with a growing excitement as the Cloud Shark lifted into the air. She'd never been on a flying ship before. Nokomis walked over to the nearby railing and she put her hands on it as she leaned over slightly to peer at the water so far below.

"This must be what it feels like to be an eagle or falcon," she commented, her smile wide as she felt the breeze play with her silver white hair. Turning around, Nokomis eyed the sails and masts of the ship, trying to figure out what was keeping it a loft.

Athaclenna is filled with wonder as she sees the clouds pass by below them. She heads to the prow of the ship, doing her best to keep out of the way of the crew, and would look out across the world.

Beorin would approach her. "Madam Captain? is everything well? I was wondering if you would object to me performing a brief prayer to Gagail for his blessing on our journey. If you would prefer not, that is fine as well."

She takes a quick glance at you, and then returns to looking to the ocean that is The Sea of Leviathans. "It is of little concern of mine to who or what passengers pray to" she would say, seemingly agitated about something.

Nokomis shared a smile with Shelia, feeling the same enjoyment as her tiefling friend. It was soon replaced with a growing excitement as the Cloud Shark lifted into the air. She'd never been on a flying ship before. Nokomis walked over to the nearby railing and she put her hands on it as she leaned over slightly to peer at the water so far below.

"This must be what it feels like to be an eagle or falcon," she commented, her smile wide as she felt the breeze play with her silver white hair. Turning around, Nokomis eyed the sails and masts of the ship, trying to figure out what was keeping it a loft.

When you look down below, you see a group of specks swimming in the ocean below, and when you turn your head to the sails you see this symbol printed on (which ever sail you were looking at)

Athaclenna is filled with wonder as she sees the clouds pass by below them. She heads to the prow of the ship, doing her best to keep out of the way of the crew, and would look out across the world.

the Clouds sure look different from above than they do from the ground, and the sea is a pretty shade of blue.

Beorin nods slowly. "I understand, Captain. You seem . . . concerned by something. Is there anything for us to be worried about?"

Evora made use of her time on the ship below deck, with the animals.

Untacked, dry groomed and in an onboard stables Aethon and Haizum poked their heads out at her as she groomed Garmr. She'd changed out of her clothes and into a gown the moment the ship was ready to set sail. She, unlike some of her compatriots, didn't like the "adventurer" garb in the slightest and took any chance to remove it. She didn't remember when was the last time she wore the arming coat Toryk had insisted on her having.

The mastiff was due for a coat change in the next few months so she was diligent in her brushing. She stood, brushing the large dog's near side as he lounged languidly. All 13 feet of her tail were unwound and snaking around her, swishing to and fro as she brushed any loose fur, scroat and debris from his coat.

Aethon pawed at his stall door and did some exaggerated nodding, which usually meant he wanted something. Hay maybe?
Evora walked over to the stall and peered into it, there was hay and the water bowl was still filled.

"Stop being silly." She said, rubbing him between his eyes. The horse's massive head was well bigger than her head and torso, yet his movement felt gentle as she patted him.
"We'll be there soon enough."
Haizum snorted behind her. "Yes, yes, pats for you as well Hai." She said giving him a gentle caress and playful boop on his nose.

"Now behave. Garmr needs groomed as well. Don't be selfish."

She returned to Garmr and finished brushing him snout to tail. Luckily, there wasn't much to clean off. He was still relatively clean from her having brushed him the night before.
Evora rounded up all the loose fur and placed it into a burlap sack she found laying around. Would be easier to dispose of that way, she thought.

She climbed onto and laid on his big fluffy body. Despite being more than happy to be at Toryk's beck and call, she did enjoy her moments of torpidity.

50526451e825a4e8356afe0db90d8c7a.jpg
a849fda14052945843f363477f389bf9.jpg
dwarven-war-dog-434915870-1545591172179.jpg

Last edited:
Evora made use of her time on the ship below deck, with the animals.

Untacked, dry groomed and in an onboard stables Aethon and Haizum poked their heads out at her as she groomed Garmr. She'd changed out of her clothes and into a gown the moment the ship was ready to set sail. She, unlike some of her compatriots, didn't like the "adventurer" garb in the slightest and took any chance to remove it. She didn't remember when the was the last time she wore the arming coat Toryk had insisted on her having.

The mastiff was due for a coat change in the next few months so she was diligent in her brushing. She stood, brushing the large dog's near side as he lounged languidly. All 13 feet of her tail were unwound and snaking around her, swishing to and fro as she brushed any loose fur, scroat and debris from his coat.

Aethon pawed at his stall door and did some exaggerated nodding, which usually meant he wanted something. Hay maybe?
Evora walked over to the stall and peered into it, there was hay and the water bowl was still filled.

"Stop being silly." She said, rubbing him between his eyes. The horse's massive head was well bigger than her head and torso, yet his movement felt gentle as she patted him.
"We'll be there soon enough."
Haizum snorted behind her. "Yes, yes, pats for you as well Hai." She said giving him a gentle caress and playful boop on his nose.

"Now behave. Garmr needs groomed as well. Don't be selfish."

Returned to Garmr and finished brushing him snout to tail. Luckily, there wasn't much to clean off. He was still relatively clean from her having brushed him the night before.
Evora rounded up all the loose fur and placed it into a burlap sack she found laying around. Would be easier to dispose of that way, she thought.

Climbed onto and laid on his big fluffy body. Despite being more than happy to be at Toryk's beck and call, she did enjoy her moments of torpidity.

Down below deck, you see a female orc hand feeding some weird lizard thing raw meat, she doesn't seem to be paying you any mind.

She let's out another Sigh, "What happens then is we get a little too close for my own comfort to White Jungle"
"Do you anticipate trouble from the Saurians? Or is this just a general level of caution?"

"Do you anticipate trouble from the Saurians? Or is this just a general level of caution?"

"They have no reason to give us trouble, it's the fauna I'm more concerned about" She would say, returning her gaze back to sea

"They have no reason to give us trouble, it's the fauna I'm more concerned about" She would say, returning her gaze back to sea
Beorin nods. "I understand. I shall leave you to your ruminations, then. Thank you for your time." He steps back, and heads over towards the cleric of Saiama, Athaclenna. "Pardon my intrusion in your sightseeing, but I was thinking that a blessing from the two of us on the journey from the two of us couldn't hurt. Would you like to join me?"

Psychie Psychie

Beorin nods. "I understand. I shall leave you to your ruminations, then. Thank you for your time." He steps back, and heads over towards the cleric of Saiama, Athaclenna. "Pardon my intrusion in your sightseeing, but I was thinking that a blessing from the two of us on the journey from the two of us couldn't hurt. Would you like to join me?"

Psychie Psychie
Athaclenna turns from her perch and looks at the dwarf with a smile. "Of course! I feel bad that I didn't think of that myself. Lets see if any of the others would like to join us!" She walks with a bounce in her step, obviously excited with the journey so far.

Evora tried to relax some, on her stomach and using Garmr's floof as a pillow she closed her eyes. The sounds of his innards didn't do all that well to lull her to bed.
Background noise became more noticeable as she tried to push it all out. Eventually, she ceded. She just wasn't tired enough to sleep.
She opened her eyes and looked around the cargo bay.
There was an orc woman across the way, feeding an animal of her own it seemed.
Nothing like any animal Evora had ever seen.

Her curiosity peaked. What was it? Seemed exotic, less like a lizard more like a crocodile.
From the east maybe.

The Tiefling made her approach, the pitter patter of her bare feet was easily audible.
"Excuse me." She interrupted, cautiously. "What manner of beast is that?"

Evora tried to relax some, on her stomach and using Garmr's floof as a pillow she closed her eyes. The sounds of his innards didn't do all that well to lull her to bed.
Background noise became more noticeable as she tried to push it all out. Eventually, she ceded. She just wasn't tired enough to sleep.
She opened her eyes and looked around the cargo bay.
There was an orc woman across the way, feeding an animal of her own it seemed.
Nothing like any animal Evora had ever seen.

Her curiosity peaked. What was it? Seemed exotic, less like a lizard more like a crocodile.
From the east maybe.

The Tiefling made her approach, the pitter patter of her bare feet was easily audible.
"Excuse me." She interrupted, cautiously. "What manner of beast is that?"

The orc woman looks at you, and lets out a hardy chuckle "I wager this is your first time seeing anything like Kren before." She would pause, feeding another strip of meat to the creature, it griped it with its knife like teeth and guzzled it down whole. "He's a Dinosaur, a dilophosaurus to be exact. I Raised him from an egg, and he's been my companion ever since". The dilophosaurus (now known as Kren) took a moment to nuzzle his master, though a carnivore it seemed to act not too differently than a big dog.

"A dinosaur?" Evora asked leaning her body forward a bit as if the slightly closer look would reveal something to her.
"Where does one come across something like that?" She questioned. Evora has never been a fan of the emotionless faces of reptiles. It only got more unnerving the larger they got.
At least Kren seemed to like the orc, its ability to bond calmed her nerves some.

"A dinosaur?" Evora asked leaning her body forward a bit as if the slightly closer look would reveal something to her.
"Where does one come across something like that?" She questioned. Evora has never been a fan of the emotionless faces of reptiles. It only got more unnerving the larger they got.
At least Kren seemed to like the orc, its ability to bond calmed her nerves some.

The orc gave a smug grin, "why the only place you can find dinosaurs in the wild, The Valley of Giants!" she laughed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back