• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Age of The End (D&D 5E) (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
The Trials... To become ascended? The other gods were here, but not Xai. Not her God, the being that turned her into the magical monstrosity she had become... She still wasn't quite sure what had happened to her when the roof exploded, making her scream as she stared up at the Raptor-like figure. "Xai..." She stated, clenching her fists and trying to walk to a more noticeable position in the party.

She wanted his attention. She wanted him to explain why he had changed her life so irrepairably.

The Trials... To become ascended? The other gods were here, but not Xai. Not her God, the being that turned her into the magical monstrosity she had become... She still wasn't quite sure what had happened to her when the roof exploded, making her scream as she stared up at the Raptor-like figure. "Xai..." She stated, clenching her fists and trying to walk to a more noticeable position in the party.

She wanted his attention. She wanted him to explain why he had changed her life so irrepairably.

The gods take notice of you, but they are too far away for you to hear anything they would say to each other. Xai remains silent, though his smile still was as big as it was before.

Shalia slowly puts away her whistle to it's normal safe spot and stares blankly at the crazy god who decided that he needed to make a fancy entrance. Shalia understands trying to look amazing to impress women something she feels she is not doing well at the moment with her feelings of weakness, but this is just silly the god has no reason to try to impress anyone. For a moment she considers creating an illusion of this god with a duck head for this silliness, but decides not to since it could make the already scary trails even harder than they already are going to be. She notices a couple of new people in her group that she doesn't know. One of them appears to be Kalvin's brother and the other seems to be a human with beautiful red hair who seems to not be a fan of the god who decided to make the fancy entrance. Shalia keeps herself focused on the task ahead and does her best to block out her fears with happy thoughts of saving women and seeing her sister.

Nokomis tenses and puts her arms up to protect her head as another God came crashing through the roof. She looked up still in slight shock as she eyed the thrones. This was really happening...

Hopsek‘s eyes were wide taking in the whole display. Gods, goddesses, what ever they were, this new one at least was impressive in a way that spoke to him. A violent way. The big one was, well, certainly big, but this one had fire and glory. Hopsek liked him.

But still he stood, waiting only barely patiently for these trials.

Waiting for his chance at doing something truly glorious.

Well, nobody could argue that Xai isn't living up to his title of Destroyer, Diella has to admit when said god comes crashing through the ceiling. At least he warned them before he did so, she supposes. What could he have meant by the odd names he called some members of the group, though?

More importantly, however, they need to pass these trials - whatever they may be. While Vrail's... rhythmic accompaniment somewhat sets Diella on edge, she finds it also helps her focus on the task ahead. Gripping the handle of her shield tightly, she lets her eyes wander around the arena, ready to... spring into action, she supposes? Diella isn't quite sure what to expect.

"Hoy!" Toryk called to the gods, cupping his mouth with his free hand to help carry the volume. "The trials, mate! Be bigger things here to worry about than ceilings. I be gotting a mangy Hell Knight and his posse to keelhaul, and by Tempest I mean to go back do it! Save the theatrics when your world do no be listing!"

Aye. He meant the prayer he said. Even if Tempest himself didn't hear or care. But here he was, with new life or whatever the chance dangling before him. "I be going to get that toad sucking, piss drenched, gods damned, bilge rat and see every orifice filled with the barrel of a red hot cannon and paint the sky with his very innards!"

"Hoy!" Toryk called to the gods, cupping his mouth with his free hand to help carry the volume. "The trials, mate! Be bigger things here to worry about than ceilings. I be gotting a mangy Hell Knight and his posse to keelhaul, and by Tempest I mean to go back do it! Save the theatrics when your world do no be listing!"

Aye. He meant the prayer he said. Even if Tempest himself didn't hear or care. But here he was, with new life or whatever the chance dangling before him. "I be going to get that toad sucking, piss drenched, gods damned, bilge rat and see every orifice filled with the barrel of a red hot cannon and paint the sky with his very innards!"

Xai would appear next to you in a puff of smoke, "Oh I wouldn't worry about Rotta now, D. Rex D. Rex . Because 1, you don't even know where to find him... 2, Even if you did you lack the equipment to properly fight him. And 3, you will get your chance to face him AFTER you've taken the trials... And when I say you, I don't mean the party." He would say with a smug, frame to frame smile, before teleporting back to his throne.

Xai would appear next to you in a puff of smoke, "Oh I wouldn't worry about Rotta now, D. Rex D. Rex . Because 1, you don't even know where to find him... 2, Even if you did you lack the equipment to properly fight him. And 3, you will get your chance to face him AFTER you've taken the trials... And when I say you, I don't mean the party." He would say with a smug, frame to frame smile, before teleporting back to his throne.

Sure it might not have done much, but he still couldn't help turning the Pistol on Xai as he popped up next to him. Force of habit. "Toryk." He corrected unamusedly.

"If the trials be so important, then let be on with. Alone or no, there be killing to be done. And unless you be gotting a gun o' the gods you feel like forking over, I ain't be gotting much choice at the moment."

He looked back at the party then back to Xai. "Me? Why don't they got to take thgrumbled?" He said irritabley. "If I be gonna doing all the work, it better not be for nothing." He grumped.

"And why do we- I, be needing to go through these trials anyway?"

Sure it might not have done much, but he still couldn't help turning the Pistol on Xai as he popped up next to him. Force of habit. "Toryk." He corrected unamusedly.

"If the trials be so important, then let be on with. Alone or no, there be killing to be done. And unless you be gotting a gun o' the gods you feel like forking over, I ain't be gotting much choice at the moment."

He looked back at the party then back to Xai. "Me? Why don't they got to take thgrumbled?" He said irritabley. "If I be gonna doing all the work, it better not be for nothing." He grumped.

"And why do we- I, be needing to go through these trials anyway?"

"Oh very well, then. since you insist on speeding things up again... and after the Dungeon Master said things would slow down" Xai would Xai to you... telepathically?

And with a Strike of Gagail's golden staff. The Crowd regained their courage and roared with applause. As several hundreds of glowing balls floated all around the nameless party. They are moving in all sorts of directions and each and every party member is suspended on a circular platform. Smaller and larger platforms would also manifest into view along with more lowing orbs.

"The first Trial is a test of accuracy, use any methods you deem necessary to destroy as many targets as possible..." Gagail would say aloud with a pause, as he rose his staff once again. when he struck it down, he would say only one word to continue... "Begin!".

The orbs now begin to fly around at extreme speeds, weaving around you and other party members, as well as between platforms. Time for some target practice it seems!

D. Rex D. Rex
Sherwood Sherwood
Equusheart Equusheart
Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide
ShadSmithGayDemon ShadSmithGayDemon
FactionParadox FactionParadox
Felis Felis
Ilikepie Ilikepie
dr xenon dr xenon
Chuckles Chuckles
Psychie Psychie
DuckPrince DuckPrince

Athaclenna looks around at the glowing orbs, and is very glad to see that her talents as a healer will not be tested - yet. She then focuses her attention on one of the orbs and casts out a spell, "Sacred Flame!"

OOC since it is a Dex save on the part of the target, I don't roll to hit.

Beorin nods, and pulls off one of his javelins from his back and hurls it at one of the rapidly moving glowing orbs.
Level: 4
Class: Paladin / ???
Hit Points: 107
Hit Dice: 1d100

Proficiency Bonus: +2
Initiative: +1
Speed: 25 ft
Passive Perception: 11

Armor Class: 20
--Stealth Disadvantage

Weapons and Armor
Warhammer
Main Hand: +8, 1d8+6 Bludgeoning
Both Hands: +8, 1d10+6 Bludgeoning

Javelin x5
Main Hand: +8, 1d6+6 Piercing
Ranged: +8, 1d6+6 Piercing, Rng 30ft/120ft Thrown

Splint Mail +7 to AC, Stealth Disadvantage
Shield +2 to AC
Defense - +1 AC while wearing armor.

Athaclenna looks around at the glowing orbs, and is very glad to see that her talents as a healer will not be tested - yet. She then focuses her attention on one of the orbs and casts out a spell, "Sacred Flame!"

OOC since it is a Dex save on the part of the target, I don't roll to hit.

You incinerate the target as more swirl around, and/or past you

Beorin nods, and pulls off one of his javelins from his back and hurls it at one of the rapidly moving glowing orbs.
Level: 4
Class: Paladin / ???
Hit Points: 107
Hit Dice: 1d100

Proficiency Bonus: +2
Initiative: +1
Speed: 25 ft
Passive Perception: 11

Armor Class: 20
--Stealth Disadvantage

Weapons and Armor
Warhammer
Main Hand: +8, 1d8+6 Bludgeoning
Both Hands: +8, 1d10+6 Bludgeoning

Javelin x5
Main Hand: +8, 1d6+6 Piercing
Ranged: +8, 1d6+6 Piercing, Rng 30ft/120ft Thrown

Splint Mail +7 to AC, Stealth Disadvantage
Shield +2 to AC
Defense - +1 AC while wearing armor.

You pierce the target, and more are flying around you as if trying to avoid you.

With all of the glowing orbs out there, Athaclenna is wondering how they might be able to hit more of them at once. If only my spells could be used to hit more . . . Perhaps it can be done with this new power that the Gods were talking about? She focuses her thought on taking her Sacred Flame spell and have it split into multiple pyres of flame, targeting multiple orbs at once.

"Sacred Flame!"

With all of the glowing orbs out there, Athaclenna is wondering how they might be able to hit more of them at once. If only my spells could be used to hit more . . . Perhaps it can be done with this new power that the Gods were talking about? She focuses her thought on taking her Sacred Flame spell and have it split into multiple pyres of flame, targeting multiple orbs at once.

"Sacred Flame!"

Before you cast, you feel a strange power envelope you... one that feels strong and sturdy, like a rock. and your "Sacred flame" leaves your hand.. but wait? is that? A flaming stone that you just casted? It hits Three targets, bouncing off of one orb to the next!

Kalvienne sighed a bit. "I've been off my game for a while before being shocked to death.. fuck's sake.." He muttered to himself and brandished a dagger. He waited for an orb to whiz by him and he tried to swing at it as quickly as he could without harming any of his allies.. or Toryk.

Rolling to hit le orb
2 + 6 = 8

Finally. Getting to the trials. And... this was it? Hitting the targets? Toryk looked around at the orbs buzzing around everywhere as if the world was filled with golden bubbles. Moving at speeds that made them seem like golden streaks.

So... they were to go beyond huh? Supposed to be getting powers of the ascended. Well, he had one shot each pull of the trigger and had to get as many as he could with each shot. So how did this work? Only one way to find out, and that was to jumo into the deep end.

Toryk held up the flintlock, aiming for a distant orb that was easy to track. He imagined his gun holding power. Imagined it destroying whatever he pointed it at. He imagined the bullet blasting from the barrel, hitting every orb between here and the target, turning them into golden shrapnel that took out other orbs. And he imagined that very bullet sinking into Ratta's head, and that head violently exploding in fire, lightning, and fine red mist. Toryk had his target, and anything between him and it would be destroyed.

Toryk pulled the trigger.

Kalvienne sighed a bit. "I've been off my game for a while before being shocked to death.. fuck's sake.." He muttered to himself and brandished a dagger. He waited for an orb to whiz by him and he tried to swing at it as quickly as he could without harming any of his allies.. or Toryk.

Rolling to hit le orb
2 + 6 = 8

You cut the orb, shattering it to pieces!

Finally. Getting to the trials. And... this was it? Hitting the targets? Toryk looked around at the orbs buzzing around everywhere as if the world was filled with golden bubbles. Moving at speeds that made them seem like golden streaks.

So... they were to go beyond huh? Supposed to be getting powers of the ascended. Well, he had one shot each pull of the trigger and had to get as many as he could with each shot. So how did this work? Only one way to find out, and that was to jumo into the deep end.

Toryk held up the flintlock, aiming for a distant orb that was easy to track. He imagined his gun holding power. Imagined it destroying whatever he pointed it at. He imagined the bullet blasting from the barrel, hitting every orb between here and the target, turning them into golden shrapnel that took out other orbs. And he imagined that very bullet sinking into Ratta's head, and that head violently exploding in fire, lightning, and fine red mist. Toryk had his target, and anything between him and it would be destroyed.

Toryk pulled the trigger.

A spark of electricity shoots out from your gun, but you miss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back