• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Age of The End (D&D 5E) (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Hopsek starts to lead the group toward the Turtle Island Tavern. Taverns were always a good place to start asking about people around town. “Find Vrail friend. Doesn’t know him, Hopsek sees saurian, this way, maybe they know. Maybe turtle tavern? Maybe? Or the temple? Maybe Rah Kriian prays? Maybe Rah Kriian reads... library? Your friend, reads?” Hopsek waved his hands as his train of thought spilled out of his mouth. “Follow Hopsek, go to Turtle. City dwellers talk, drink, we start there?” the last sentence fell somewhere between a statement and a question as Hopsek continued to walk.

dr xenon dr xenon

Hopsek starts to lead the group toward the Turtle Island Tavern. Taverns were always a good place to start asking about people around town. “Find Vrail friend. Doesn’t know him, Hopsek sees saurian, this way, maybe they know. Maybe turtle tavern? Maybe? Or the temple? Maybe Rah Kriian prays? Maybe Rah Kriian reads... library? Your friend, reads?” Hopsek waved his hands as his train of thought spilled out of his mouth. “Follow Hopsek, go to Turtle. City dwellers talk, drink, we start there?” the last sentence fell somewhere between a statement and a question as Hopsek continued to walk.

"How about the last place you saw him?" Vrail responds. "Or saw him more than once? We should start there."

Now that they were moving another thought occurred to him. Or half a thought. What was it? What was bothering him?

Suddenly he glances back (left? right? whichever way it is) at the statue they were near and he tries to puzzle out who it might be of.

OOC History Check:
History: +3 with Advantage = 15

But is really a RELIGION check (:closed eyes open smile:) +1 = 13

"How about the last place you saw him?" Vrail responds. "Or saw him more than once? We should start there."

Now that they were moving another thought occurred to him. Or half a thought. What was it? What was bothering him?

Suddenly he glances back (left? right? whichever way it is) at the statue they were near and he tries to puzzle out who it might be of.

Make a Religion check

Hopsek thinks about the saurian he saw, rubbing his chin as he walked. Which place was it? And... did he catch that saurians name?

(History check +1 = 15)

OOC History Check:
History: +3 with Advantage = 15

But is really a RELIGION check (:closed eyes open smile:) +1 = 13

That Statue is of Xai, the God of Destruction... and it seems like Kalvienne's Owl 'Peridot' is perched on top of it. you have herd fables of The destroyer, fables that state if there's anything to fear most, something more than even the demons of the end... it's to make Xai, angry.

Hopsek thinks about the saurian he saw, rubbing his chin as he walked. Which place was it? And... did he catch that saurians name?

(History check +1 = 15)

you recall seeing a Saurian around this area, though he mostly seemed to hang out at both the Library and the Tavern.

“Hopsek sees Saurian at Turtle, Hopsek sees Saurian at reading.“ he shrugs. “If Hopsek’s Saurian is Vrail‘s Saurian maybe we find him eitherwhere. Hopsek likes Turtle more then reading. If not at Turtle, we go to reading. If not Vrail‘s friend, maybe knows Vrail’s friend. We find Vrail‘s friend. Or don’t and Vrail does not take Hopsek on glorious quest.“ he paused for a moment as he said this, realizing that the idea of not going on a glorious quest with the massive saurian was, for some reason, a sadder prospect than he expected it to be. Turning his face back toward Vrail for the first time since he started walking he said “Hopsek will help Vrail find friend Rah Kriian.”

dr xenon dr xenon

Nodding as he ponders Hopsek's response, Vrail turns to Toryk.

"M'lord Toryk," he begins. "Perhaps you and some others can go to the library to look for Rah Kriian while the rest of us go to the tavern to find him? I know you don't want to split up, but I think with two targets we might not be too spread thinly? I am fine with sticking to the plan of remaining together as we discussed if you think that more prudent."

Turning back to the statue and shouting if he needs to at this point depending on where Kalvin is he says, "Kalvin! If your bird shits on that statue you may rue the day you bought it!"

Chuckles Chuckles , D. Rex D. Rex , DuckPrince DuckPrince

Last edited:

"M'lord Toryk," he begins. "Perhaps you and some others can go to the library to look for Rah Kriian while the rest of us go to the tavern to find him? I know you don't want to split up, but I think with two targets we might not be too spread thinly? I am fine with sticking to the plan of remaining together as we discussed if you think that more prudent."

Turning back to the statue and shouting if he needs to at this point depending on where Kalvin is he says, "Kalvin! If your bird shits on that statue you may rue the day you bought it!"

Toryk thought on the proposition for a few moments, before shaking his head with a lick of his nose to keep it damp. "Nay. Given what we know, I would no be surprised if we be ambushed even here. Desperate they be. When the seas be filled with wolves whose eyes have the golden gleam, the merchant vessels wisely travel in fleet."

"However, you do be right about it likely being faster. We do no need to send half the crew to search one place. But we can send a couple lone runners to check. This way we can keep the bulk of us with the package, and the runners can move faster alone. One checks the temple, the other the library. Then they meet us at the tavern, where you be heading." He suggested. "Mayhaps we can balance safety and speed that way. How say you?"

He paused when he heard his nickname being called, turning towards Vrail. "If she shits, she shits. She's a bird!" He defended before he tried to recall Peridot to his arm again with a whistle this time. "Are we heading out yet?" He asked the bunch.
(I'm guessing I make another handling check? XD)

He paused when he heard his nickname being called, turning towards Vrail. "If she shits, she shits. She's a bird!" He defended before he tried to recall Peridot to his arm again with a whistle this time. "Are we heading out yet?" He asked the bunch.
(I'm guessing I make another handling check? XD)

If you want your owl back, you'll have to :)

"Um, if you need a runner, perhaps I can go. If you tell me the directions, that is," Diella offers. Seeing Kalvienne call for Peridot has reminded her of something. "Anyone wanting to ambush us will be looking for, well, people, won't they? I can... take the form of an animal." Diella's voice instinctively drops for the last part, turning into a mumble. "For a while, at least." Talking with others about a part of her powers she isn't all that experienced in herself yet feels uncomfortable, but if she can do something to help...

With what she is sure must be the hundredth look at the sky since she arrived in Birth, Diella adds, "Whatever we decide, though, I think we best do it before this storm breaks loose."

"Um, if you need a runner, perhaps I can go. If you tell me the directions, that is," Diella offers. Seeing Kalvienne call for Peridot has reminded her of something. "Anyone wanting to ambush us will be looking for, well, people, won't they? I can... take the form of an animal." Diella's voice instinctively drops for the last part, turning into a mumble. "For a while, at least." Talking with others about a part of her powers she isn't all that experienced in herself yet feels uncomfortable, but if she can do something to help...

With what she is sure must be the hundredth look at the sky since she arrived in Birth, Diella adds, "Whatever we decide, though, I think we best do it before this storm breaks loose."

There is another loud crackle of thunder, as the clouds above slightly darken a bit. People seem a bit perplexed about the storm, as if the weather cam out of nowhere... or perhaps as if it wasn't supposed to be like this?

Toryk thought on the proposition for a few moments, before shaking his head with a lick of his nose to keep it damp. "Nay. Given what we know, I would no be surprised if we be ambushed even here. Desperate they be. When the seas be filled with wolves whose eyes have the golden gleam, the merchant vessels wisely travel in fleet."

"However, you do be right about it likely being faster. We do no need to send half the crew to search one place. But we can send a couple lone runners to check. This way we can keep the bulk of us with the package, and the runners can move faster alone. One checks the temple, the other the library. Then they meet us at the tavern, where you be heading." He suggested. "Mayhaps we can balance safety and speed that way. How say you?"

Glancing at the sky Vrail nods.

"I think sending a few to the library would be wise."

Shalia gets more concerned when no one in the party responds to her question about if they have seen Evora today. The rest of the group seemed to talking something important to their mission while Shalia was thinking about why Evora would have decided that she should stay on ship and quit the mission, could those wyverns have effected her a lot more than she thought they did? She then hears the others talking about splitting up the group to go to multiple locations.

"Are we sure splitting up is the best idea? We already lost Evora who it seems to have decided to stay on the ship since none of us seemed to have seen her all day." At that moment she heard the thunder and saw the darkening clouds of the starting storm. "Plus the magic voice that I heard warned us about dangerous dangerous clouds like this bringing death".

Shalia gets more concerned when no one in the party responds to her question about if they have seen Evora today. The rest of the group seemed to talking something important to their mission while Shalia was thinking about why Evora would have decided that she should stay on ship and quit the mission, could those wyverns have effected her a lot more than she thought they did? She then hears the others talking about splitting up the group to go to multiple locations.

"Are we sure splitting up is the best idea? We already lost Evora who it seems to have decided to stay on the ship since none of us seemed to have seen her all day." At that moment she heard the thunder and saw the darkening clouds of the starting storm. "Plus the magic voice that I heard warned us about dangerous dangerous clouds like this bringing death".

When Shalia brought up the missing Evora, the gnoll turned his head to look at her. "Never you worry, I wouldn't leave her behind, even if she do try everything in her power to try me patience."

He pointed towards the back of the wagon with his thumb, "Me chest back there. Just give it a knock if ye want. Or wait until noon. She will be out of it then." He said as if keeping her in a chest was a casual as a cat taking a nap.

Toryk did, however, look up at the sky, "I dont suppose them voices said what sort of death they be bringing, no?" He asked, resting his hand on his flintlock.

When Shalia brought up the missing Evora, the gnoll turned his head to look at her. "Never you worry, I wouldn't leave her behind, even if she do try everything in her power to try me patience."

He pointed towards the back of the wagon with his thumb, "Me chest back there. Just give it a knock if ye want. Or wait until noon. She will be out of it then." He said as if keeping her in a chest was a casual as a cat taking a nap.

Toryk did, however, look up at the sky, "I dont suppose them voices said what sort of death they be bringing, no?" He asked, resting his hand on his flintlock.
Shalia panics the moment she hears that Evora is in a chest and runs straight at the chest. "Guys we need to get out of there! How did get in there and why haven't you guys freed her already? Please still be alive!" The panicked blue tiefling begins to tear up a bit in fear that Evora suffocated inside the chest as begins to try to free her. Shalia's mind dose not even register the Toryk's question in her panic.

Shalia panics the moment she hears that Evora is in a chest and runs straight at the chest. "Guys we need to get out of there! How did get in there and why haven't you guys freed her already? Please still be alive!" The panicked blue tiefling begins to tear up a bit in fear that Evora suffocated inside the chest as begins to try to free her. Shalia's mind dose not even register the Toryk's question in her panic.

Toryk looked over his shoulder, with a little bit of annoyance as Shalia climbed in the back with a panic. "She be fine. I let her out but a minute ago. But she went back in cause she forgot to lock the chest."

"Blow me down, you be acting like I be flossing with her entrails in front of her parents." He said with a bit of exasperation tinging his voice. "The chest be locked and she couldn't be safer. I'd eat me ma's front paw before letting something happen to that chest."

Toryk looked over his shoulder, with a little bit of annoyance as Shalia climbed in the back with a panic. "She be fine. I let her out but a minute ago. But she went back in cause she forgot to lock the chest.

"Blow me down, you be acting like I be flossing with her entrails in front of her parents." He said with a bit of exasperation tinging his voice. "The chest be locked and she couldn't be safer. I'd eat me ma's front paw before letting something happen to that chest."
Hearing Troyk admit that he made Evora go in that chest feels Shalia with rage and causes her to lose all respect she had for this so called ally on this mission. How dare he force such a beautiful and kind woman to suffer by trapping her in such a tight space. Shalia's eyes turn crimson red as uses the thaumaturgy spell on herself and then she stares at Troyk with an angry glare.

"You monster! You better get her out of that chest right now or else I'm going to be burning it open!" Flames begin to flicker in Shalia's right hand. "Evora's health and mental wellbeing is a lot more important than whatever stupid things you put in that F-ing useless chest. You wouldn't like it if you were the one that was forced to suffer inside a chest like this so why would you force someone else to suffer like this?"

Hearing Troyk admit that he made Evora go in that chest feels Shalia with rage and causes her to lose all respect she had for this so called ally on this mission. How dare he force such a beautiful and kind woman to suffer by trapping her in such a tight space. Shalia's eyes turn crimson red as uses the thaumaturgy spell on herself and then she stares at Troyk with an angry glare.

"You monster! You better get her out of that chest right now or else I'm going to be burning it open!" Flames begin to flicker in Shalia's right hand. "Evora's health and mental wellbeing is a lot more important than whatever stupid things you put in that F-ing useless chest. You wouldn't like it if you were the one that was forced to suffer inside a chest like this so why would you force someone else to suffer like this?"

Your out bursts are starting to draw attention to the town guards, they haven't approached yet but you have aroused their suspicion,

Toryk could see danger when it was so obviously on display. Not that he was too worried. He had run through mages before. The trick was getting to them before they used their magic. Though of course he would rather not have to here. He did, however, draw his flintlock, just in case the tiefling proved obstinate.

"I do no think you know what you be talking about, girl. I take good care of her. Better care than any bleeding heart like you could. If it not be for me, then it be people like you would have seen her dead and said it a mercy." He growled.

"How about you sit down right here beside me and I tell you a little story. And the sort of madness of the thing you rutting for. And if you don't believe me, I'll give you the key and let you watch her slam the chest closed in your face. But you be marking me words, if I think for a minute that you be a threat to that pups barely together head then I will see your brains two blocks down the road."

Last edited:
Peridot looks to you after her nap, preens her feathers again and lets out a hoot, before flying back to your side again
Now that Peridot was back on his shoulder, he pet her lightly and walked back to the commotion happening. "What is all this screeching about?" He asked, looking between the other blue tiefling and the gnoll. "What's with the chest?" He asked. He didn't really pay attention to them most of the time. D. Rex D. Rex Ilikepie Ilikepie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back