• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Age of The End (D&D 5E) (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Diella feels a surge of dizziness as everything around her seems to grow to improbable heights, making her miss whatever it was Vrail was saying, but when she regains her composure, decides she doesn't necessarily about the mechanics of the ship at the present moment, anyway. As a halfling, she is used to being smaller than most folks, but this is strange. She's barely reaching past other people's ankles, for Saiama's sake!

"Um... what just happened?" she bursts out after a few seconds, tilting her head back to be able to see anything besides Kalvienne's feet. "I'm... I'm not just imagining this, am I?"

Vrail lets out a hoot or three of laughter and pats Kalvin on the back in Tiefling's moment of triumph over his fear. THen he turns to Diella.

"I'm sure if I had stayed in a proper Saurian academy I could tell you," he says, shaking his head. "But I'll be thrice damned if I know. I am going to find where to store our gear, but first I think I will speak to Toryk about stashing this artifact somewhere."

Stomping over to where the Gnoll practices with the flintlock Vrail takes the bag with the artifact in one hand and gestures with it to Toryk.

"M'lord," says Vrail in a pause of Toryk's activity. He tries not to interupt anyone's practice. "That's a fine weapon. New? I was wondering if you might have an idea or two on where best to hide this package?"

DuckPrince DuckPrince , D. Rex D. Rex , Felis Felis

Having fired off yet another volley, he was making his way back to the ammo barrel when the saurian approached.

"New?" He asked. "Nay. They be around. Rare though. And new to me. I do figure I should get the hang if it before I start posting it around in your general direction. Aye, i may not be able to hit a board yet, but you be broad enough i may nip you with it on accident." He laughed nudging the large saurian in the shoulder.

At the mention of the artifact, the gnolls eyes drifted to the bag. "Would it be me, I would not risk letting it out of me sight. This ship not be ours. And though the crew be on our side, as it seems, take it from me that this sort of crew sometimes cannot help themselves."

The gnoll looked around to make sure there was no one nearby on the poop deck and lowered his voice and leaned in. "But if hiding it be what we need... then this be my suggestion. In my wagon be a locked chest. To keep my gold and goodies in. What you do, is remove the artifact from that bag and insert a convinceable decoy. Give me the bag and decoy and i'll lock it in the chest."

"The relic itself, keep it hidden in your person would be best. Or, I just acquired a barrel of ale. I can tap the barrel, slip the artifact inside the whole, and we all have a drink. Nobody would be thinking we would hide such thing there. And nobody would be wondering why I would be protective of it. A pirate do love his booze, so it be."

dr xenon dr xenon

Having fired off yet another volley, he was making his way back to the ammo barrel when the saurian approached.

"New?" He asked. "Nay. They be around. Rare though. And new to me. I do figure I should get the hang if it before I start posting it around in your general direction. Aye, i may not be able to hit a board yet, but you be broad enough i may nip you with it on accident." He laughed nudging the large saurian in the shoulder.

At the mention of the artifact, the gnolls eyes drifted to the bag. "Would it be me, I would not risk letting it out of me sight. This ship not be ours. And though the crew be on our side, as it seems, take it from me that this sort of crew sometimes cannot help themselves."

The gnoll looked around to make sure there was no one nearby on the poop deck and lowered his voice and leaned in. "But if hiding it be what we need... then this be my suggestion. In my wagon be a locked chest. To keep my gold and goodies in. What you do, is remove the artifact from that bag and insert a convinceable decoy. Give me the bag and decoy and i'll lock it in the chest."

"The relic itself, keep it hidden in your person would be best. Or, I just acquired a barrel of ale. I can tap the barrel, slip the artifact inside the whole, and we all have a drink. Nobody would be thinking we would hide such thing there. And nobody would be wondering why I would be protective of it. A pirate do love his booze, so it be."

dr xenon dr xenon

Roll 1d100 if you will :)

Evora yelped at the sight of the rat seemingly coming right for her and squealed as Kren jumped passed her. Faster still than the dinosaur was upon the rat, she was clinging to the orc woman like a second skin.
Evora was barely paying attention to what she was saying now. Her heart had nearly jumped out of her chest and all she found herself responding with was a tight grip on her and a wince as if expecting to be next.

Garmr was jolted awake from his slumber by her noises and rushed over to investigate. His gargantuan paws hitting the wooden floor like padded thunder.

TyranntX TyranntX

Kalvin watched confused as people shrunk and changed into.. wonderful things. "What is.. happening?" He asked, clearly confused. He reached down, offering for her to be in his arms and out of the way of peoples' feet. "Let me give you a hand.." He sighed softly. "So you're not trampled.." He added, offering a bit of a smile. "I wonder what's going on.." He trailed, looking around. What was causing this..?

Felis Felis

"Thank you so much," Diella gives a quick bow before climbing onto Kalvienne's outstretched hand. Right now, the deck doesn't seem too busy, but even one person accidentally stepping on her was one to many. "I hope I'm not too much of a bother. If we find a, well, safe spot for someone my size, feel free to set me down there." She sighs. Hopefully this wasn't permanent. Maybe she could find someone in Town of Birth who knew how to reverse something like this?

From her new vantage point, she follows the direction of Kalvienne's gaze to spot a fairly giant bird next to Vrail. Is that... a duck? That wasn't there before, was it? Diella shakes her head. This day is getting stranger by the minute. "I wonder as well."

DuckPrince DuckPrince

"I think I will hold onto it aboard ship and then --- Shards of The Egg!" Vrail exclaims as Toryk transforms in front of him. "Is this a jest? Or is some sorcery at work? If you still have your wits about you, tap my hand with your bill, please."

Vrail holds out his hand to Toryk.

Really? Well, it would be lie to say that Toryk didn't have the urge to bite the hand. But given the situation. He wouldn't. He stretched his wings and moved his feet. Making sure that he could at least move with some degree of control. Then tapped his bill against the saurians hand.

"Quack."

"Thank you so much," Diella gives a quick bow before climbing onto Kalvienne's outstretched hand. Right now, the deck doesn't seem too busy, but even one person accidentally stepping on her was one to many. "I hope I'm not too much of a bother. If we find a, well, safe spot for someone my size, feel free to set me down there." She sighs. Hopefully this wasn't permanent. Maybe she could find someone in Town of Birth who knew how to reverse something like this?

From her new vantage point, she follows the direction of Kalvienne's gaze to spot a fairly giant bird next to Vrail. Is that... a duck? That wasn't there before, was it? Diella shakes her head. This day is getting stranger by the minute. "I wonder as well."

DuckPrince DuckPrince
He watched the giant duck, before he carefully held Diella while dismissing Peridot, who flew off to settle in some dark spot. The dark blue tiefling rushed towards the duck, silent steps stopping beside it. "Sir Toryk, right? ... May I hug you?" He asked, he was very serious. "I promise you will not be the second mast if you do." He said. He would resist the urge to cling to the giant duck. Kalvienne adored birds and winged creatures. D. Rex D. Rex

Athaclenna heads over and looks at the giant duck and tries not to laugh out loud. "That looks most becoming of you, my good Toryk. Nice plumage. I do hope that you are back to your normal self soon."

Beorin's response is much more boisterous. He takes one good look at the giant duck, and doesn't even try to hide his belly laugh. "Oh, that's good! Do not worry, my good Gnoll. You'll be back to your normal self soon enough." He sniggers a bit more, shaking his head. The Gods are certainly full of surprises!

[Narration]

The next few days would be mostly uneventful, though there was a bit of a stir on the third day when Shalia wore a swimsuit most of the day. On day five though, if one were to look out to the front of the ship they could see a massive metallic structure on the horizon, one so tall it almost seems to be rising up through the ocean. But it wasn't, it was proof that the ship has arriving at the midway point. Soon the nameless Party could see the island providence of White Jungle. The metal structure that was getting closer, was the Iron Tower

Standing stoically at the railing the Ankylos stares silently at the looming image of the Iron Tower. The relic, always with him when not in the care of Toryk or Beorin, was slung across his back. Occasionally his right hand would reach up and trace the lines of the tribal tattoo wrapped around his left shoulder and biceps.

Idly, he reaches into his belt pouch, pulls out a cabbage, and tears into it with his beak.

Grinding away at it with a horizontal motion of his lower jaw - he continues to stare at the Iron Tower.

Kalvienne spent most of his time below deck, but he did venture up a few times each day to get a bit of sun. "Someone looks focused." He stated as he sat down, far enough from the railing to not be able to see over it. He looked up at Vrail. "What is that?" He asked, watching the Iron Tower. He didn't really explore much, or know much about other areas, especially ones around large bodies of water. He actively avoided them.
dr xenon dr xenon

"Hurmmph?" Vrail grunts as his reverie breaks, he turns to the Tiefling with what he's come to recognize as a friendly look on the Saurian's features. "Greetings Kalvin. That?"

He says, pointing back to the tower with the half a cabbage in his hand.

"That is the Iron Tower. Surely you have heard of it?" he replies and then mutters half to himself, "I have not seen it in years."

DuckPrince DuckPrince

Shalia stares out at the Iron Tower in the distance and thinks about how much people on the crew were worried about this part of the journey. She thinks everything is going to be fine, but did make sure to wear her old clothes today in case something did happen so her new clothes wouldn't get damaged if something did happen. Maybe once the tower is once again out of sight that she will be able to have a fun day like her swimsuit day where she got to flirt with the other women of her group and it was a great test for figuring out which of the other women of the group are also interested in women.

Beorin walks up to the conversation between Vrail and Kalvienne and adds, "I have never been to this part of the world to be able to see such a sight. It is truly amazing."

He gave a bit of a dry chuckle. "I tend to pull a veil over my ears when anything near water is mentioned.. So my knowledge of anything near it is limited.. All I know is that it's your kind's creation.. weapons are made in it, right?" He said lightly, looking up at him. "You must really like cabbage? Do you only eat plants?" He asked curiously. He had never befriended a saurian, they were fascinating. Everything was fascinating to him. "Good day, pretty blonde." Kalvin chuckles, tilting his head back to look at Beorin.
dr xenon dr xenon Sherwood Sherwood

Users who are viewing this thread

Back