• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Age of The End (D&D 5E) (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Nokomis eyed the sails for a bit, committing the symbol they bore to her memory. Turning around, she looked back down at the ocean below. She had thought that she had seen a bunch of specks and she wondered if she could make them out at this height.

Nokomis eyed the sails for a bit, committing the symbol they bore to her memory. Turning around, she looked back down at the ocean below. She had thought that she had seen a bunch of specks and she wondered if she could make them out at this height.

Make a Nature check

"Oh! Well, I've never heard of this 'valley of giants'. At least, I think not." She said scouring her mind briefly for a memory.

"Where is this land located? Is it wondrous and pleasant? What family presides there?" Evora interrogated, shifting her gaze between the orc and the dinosaur as she spoke.
She was half imagining the valley of the giants as a beautiful field with many reptilian dog-kangaroos running about and half contemplating asking to pet the creature.

"Oh! Well, I've never heard of this 'valley of giants'. At least, I think not." She said scouring her mind briefly for a memory.

"Where is this land located? Is it wondrous and pleasant? What family presides there?" Evora interrogated, shifting her gaze between the orc and the dinosaur as she spoke.
She was half imagining the valley of the giants as a beautiful field with many reptilian dog-kangaroos running about and half contemplating asking to pet the creature.

She smiled, "Tis my homeland, the territory of my clan, The Hemoth Clan. As for where to find it... it's the providence north of The Hellpit Desert. The valley it self on the other hand, Wonderous it be... pleasant" She pauses a moment to laugh "Well, Let's just say that in the valley there's only one law nature cares about..."

Last edited:
Unfortunately, Nokomis couldn't make out what those specks were from this distance and she gave a shrug of her shoulder as she turned away from the railing. They had 10 days of traveling ahead of them. What was she to do with her time? Toryk had seemed to have gotten himself a new toy and was off playing with it somewhere. She looked to where Kalvienne still clung to the mast. Poor fellow, she wished that she knew of some way to help him with the voyage. With a sigh, Nokomis turned and walked off to explore the ship.

And so it was that Toryk found himself situated on the poop deck, with plank propped up on the side to serve as a makeshift target. At first, he had tried to fire the flintlock like a hand crossbow, but the results were quickly disappointing. Adjusting accordingly, he did manage to hit it after a few shots. Though all the hit did was take off an inch from one of its corners. Markable improvement, technically speaking.

Still, loading it was a bit of pain. Would take some practice to get it down right. Taking a break, he sat down on one of two barrels. With some ammunition setting on the other. He took some time to examine one of the paper cartridges. Gently and carefully twisting the paper open to reveal its contents. It was pretty easy to understand it after having fired it a few times already. Three main parts to each cartridge. At the front being a soft lead ball... something he quickly learned was that not every ball was good for his gun. Two small, it barely worked, two big and it wouldn't fit. Simple enough.

Next came the powder. Each seemed measured out. Given he new it exploded, he had a rather solid inclination of why. Too much, the gun would undoubtedly explode. Too little, and it not much would come out. Again, sinple enough.

The third bit seemed rather clever. Attached the end of the paper cartridge, was another rolled up bit. A small ball that looked kinda of like a tadpole. Feeling it gently with his fingers, it clearly held black powder inside. This was for priming the gun, as he had used several times already. With but a simple pinch, he could fill the pan. And this was quite good considering that he had tried to do it manually before. Not only was it time consuming but the wrong amount lead to a flash in the pan or no flash at all.

After a bit of examination, he rolled the cartridge back up the best he could. It wasnt as pretty as practiced fingers could do, but it would work.

He set it aside and tried to make his own form the separate components that Dex had let him use. Measuring was easy with the grain spoon, but he tried doing it without to try and get a feel for the amount himself. They weren't pretty cartridges, but he sound found his rhythm and stopped making mistakes like ripping the paper constantly.

After amassing a good fifteen handmade cartridges, he got up and set back to work with his target practice. It was a nice feeling. Nostalgic. Like when he was but a pup and learning the spears from his mum. Or when Captain Geisher taught him how to fence. Always clumsy at first, but there was something thrilling about getting better and better. Being a pirate, he learned many a ways with weapons. As a matter of fact, with Captain Geisher's help, Toryk was confident he could wield most weapons with a decent degree of proficiency. But more than that, learning how to fight. The ebbs and flows of of a fight, how to act and when. And how to make the most of your movements. Even without the Captain around, Toryk could still feel the pressure to keep improving. And this flintlock was simply the next step... patience and practice.

The gnoll brought the pistol to full cock and lined up his shot, building upon his learnings from the last attempts. Blasting off another round at the poor board.

_____

Not his best shot. But none of these bullets were going to waste. For example, he was starting to learn his muscle memory with worry about arrow and bolt drop was throwing off his aim with this firearm. Bullet travel too fast to worry about it at this range. Not even the wind from travel seemed to make much difference at the speed the bullet flew. These truly were amazing weapons.

But there was one more thing he learned from each shot. And that was how to reload just a little bit quicker each time.

Kalvienne had clung tightly to the mast well into the ship setting sail to the sky. He wasn't afraid of heights.. although falling was spooky to think about. He looked around, taking slow, calming breaths of the clear, crisp air around them while looking up and to the sides. He couldn't see the ocean.. Maybe.. maybe he could attempt to detach himself from the mast? He felt rather pathetic and rather exhausted. Fear did that to someone..

(May I roll a SAN check to see if he can remove himself from the mast? XD)

Shalia unsure on what she should do to pass the time she just decides to follow Nokomis who seems to want to explore the ship. It's got to be more interesting than that religious thing her other companions are apart to start or watching Kalvin cuddle with the mast.

As the ship takes off, Diella does a short double-take - she has not expected this to be a flying ship - but then begins to enjoy the experience. For a while, she just stares at the tiny scenery passing below them, before she remembers that not all of their group are having such a good time presently.

She makes her way to the middle of the ship where Kalvienne is still hugging the mast and puts on an encouraging smile. "You're Kalvienne, right? I don't think I've had the chance to introduce myself yet; my name is Diella." She feels certain the others have tried coaxing or reasoning with Kalvienne enough earlier, and sometimes small talk is the best distraction from what's bothering you.

Speaking of distractions... With a short murmur and gesture, Diella uses her Druidcraft to create the feeling of warm rays of sun shining down on the two of them for a moment; it's what would make her feel better, at the least.

As the ship takes off, Diella does a short double-take - she has not expected this to be a flying ship - but then begins to enjoy the experience. For a while, she just stares at the tiny scenery passing below them, before she remembers that not all of their group are having such a good time presently.

She makes her way to the middle of the ship where Kalvienne is still hugging the mast and puts on an encouraging smile. "You're Kalvienne, right? I don't think I've had the chance to introduce myself yet; my name is Diella." She feels certain the others have tried coaxing or reasoning with Kalvienne enough earlier, and sometimes small talk is the best distraction from what's bothering you.

Speaking of distractions... With a short murmur and gesture, Diella uses her Druidcraft to create the feeling of warm rays of sun shining down on the two of them for a moment; it's what would make her feel better, at the least.
Looking up at the halfling as she approached, Kalvienne offered a bit of a smile in return. "Ah.. yes.. yes.. My apologies for my unsightliness.. I am not usually so.. pathetic." He sighed. "You can call me Kalvin if you wish.. it's easier to say.." He told her. "This is Peridot.." He added, the owl on his shoulder chittering while looking at Diella with those big, round eyes. "Have you gone shopping as well, Miss Diella?" He asked. He seemed composed, but his voice was shaky.

Looking up at the halfling as she approached, Kalvienne offered a bit of a smile in return. "Ah.. yes.. yes.. My apologies for my unsightliness.. I am not usually so.. pathetic." He sighed. "You can call me Kalvin if you wish.. it's easier to say.." He told her. "This is Peridot.." He added, the owl on his shoulder chittering while looking at Diella with those big, round eyes. "Have you gone shopping as well, Miss Diella?" He asked. He seemed composed, but his voice was shaky.
"Don't think anything of it. It's natural to fear something, I believe," Diella says. "And when it's something you can't avoid, I can understand how..." she trails off, glancing up at the sky around and above the ship. No, the weather wouldn't change just yet; Saballi ought to stay sunny all day and they were still reasonably close at this point.

"In any case, a pleasure to meet you as well, Peridot," she nods to the owl, pulling her attention back to the conversation. "I have, though I think Vrail may be the one who bought the useful things. He said he got a good deal on potions at the alchemist's shop."

"Don't think anything of it. It's natural to fear something, I believe," Diella says. "And when it's something you can't avoid, I can understand how..." she trails off, glancing up at the sky around and above the ship. No, the weather wouldn't change just yet; Saballi ought to stay sunny all day and they were still reasonably close at this point.

"In any case, a pleasure to meet you as well, Peridot," she nods to the owl, pulling her attention back to the conversation. "I have, though I think Vrail may be the one who bought the useful things. He said he got a good deal on potions at the alchemist's shop."
He tilted his head a little, nodding while she glanced up at the clear sky. "That's good.. we'll probably need them.. All I've gotten were two rain jackets.. if you need one, you're free to grab it." He told her. He didn't mind sharing. He'd have to see if he could leave most of his baggage somewhere as to not lug it around. Currently he still had a bag on his bag with most of his things, all of his weapons were strapped to his person. "Do you perhaps know.. how long will we be on this ship..?" He asked.

"Now Hellpit does sound familiar...or was it the Hellgate. Hellmouth? Forgive me, my diplomacy is a bit lacking." She laughed awkwardly. "My station under Master Toryk doesn't necessarily keep me up to date anymore. I don't believe I've heard of the Hemoth clan."

She moved forward a bit, her body language implying she was more interested in Kren than anything else. Her tail calmly wrapped around her waist, the coils made her gown give way the more hourglass shape of her.
She was closer to the orc woman now, hoping she would offer her the opportunity to interact with Kren.
"And what law is that?"

TyranntX TyranntX

Nokomis looked back and smiled when she saw Shelia following after her. "Isn't this exciting?" Nokomis asked as she slowed her pace to let Shelia catch up. "I've been on a flying ship before."

Felis Felis , DuckPrince DuckPrince , TyranntX TyranntX

"How long? I'm not sure," Vrail responds from where he has now taken a seat on the deck next to Kalvin. "But I will ask a crewman."

He glances around to see if there's anybody nearby to ask.

"You know," he says, looking back at Kalvin. "If you fear the water I will have you know that I am an excellent swimmer, and could easily carry you upon my back - which - as you can see," he drops a shoulder to show Kalvin the protruding spikes and boney plates, "comes with easily accessed handgrips."

He leans forward to peer deeply into Kalvin's eyes, and continues gravely.

"I cannot make you fear the water less, m'lord Kalvin, but I can promise you that you will not face it alone."

Kalvienne had clung tightly to the mast well into the ship setting sail to the sky. He wasn't afraid of heights.. although falling was spooky to think about. He looked around, taking slow, calming breaths of the clear, crisp air around them while looking up and to the sides. He couldn't see the ocean.. Maybe.. maybe he could attempt to detach himself from the mast? He felt rather pathetic and rather exhausted. Fear did that to someone..

(May I roll a SAN check to see if he can remove himself from the mast? XD)

You are technically over the ocean, so roll at advantage

"Now Hellpit does sound familiar...or was it the Hellgate. Hellmouth? Forgive me, my diplomacy is a bit lacking." She laughed awkwardly. "My station under Master Toryk doesn't necessarily keep me up to date anymore. I don't believe I've heard of the Hemoth clan."

She moved forward a bit, her body language implying she was more interested in Kren than anything else. Her tail calmly wrapped around her waist, the coils made her gown give way the more hourglass shape of her.
She was closer to the orc woman now, hoping she would offer her the opportunity to interact with Kren.
"And what law is that?"

TyranntX TyranntX

There is a bit of a pause, as you se a big ugly looking rat scurry its way across the floor. Eyeing what looks to be fresh fruit behind you, unaware that the dilophosarus us even there, it makes a break for the food, but gets trapped in the predator's jaws. Ut squeaks out in pain, but in another quick chomp the rodent dies, and is swallowed whole by the dinosaur. "Survival of the fittest" The orc woman grinned.

"How long? I'm not sure," Vrail responds from where he has now taken a seat on the deck next to Kalvin. "But I will ask a crewman."

"You know," he says, looking back at Kalvin. "If you fear the water I will have you know that I am an excellent swimmer, and could easily carry you upon my back - which - as you can see," he drops a shoulder to show Kalvin the protruding spikes and boney plates, "comes with easily accessed handgrips."

"I cannot make you fear the water less, m'lord Kalvin, but I can promise you that you will not face it alone."

When you ask, you are tolled you'll arrive at Brith in 10 days

He watched Vrail quietly before he quirked a bit of a smile. "You know.. we're miles above it.. I'd be dead before any swimming could happen.." He said softly. "But I'm grateful for the assurance.." He said sincerely. Hopefully he'd soon be able to let go and move around like normal.. without looking down.

(Rolling SAN with advantage ... -1)
15-1=14

Eventually, Kalvienne mustered what he had to let go, slowly scooting away from the mast with a bit of a sigh. "My legs were starting to cramp.." He said in relief.

He watched Vrail quietly before he quirked a bit of a smile. "You know.. we're miles above it.. I'd be dead before any swimming could happen.." He said softly. "But I'm grateful for the assurance.." He said sincerely. Hopefully he'd soon be able to let go and move around like normal.. without looking down.

(Rolling SAN with advantage)

You Finally let go of the mast

Nokomis looked back and smiled when she saw Shelia following after her. "Isn't this exciting?" Nokomis asked as she slowed her pace to let Shelia catch up. "I've been on a flying ship before."
Shalia smiles back at the cute half elf. "It's pretty amazing and I haven't been on one before either. So anything in particular you are trying to find on the ship?" Her eyes glance down towards Nokomis' chest for a moment before going back to her looking towards her face. "If not it's still going to be fun exploring the ship with you".

He tilted his head a little, nodding while she glanced up at the clear sky. "That's good.. we'll probably need them.. All I've gotten were two rain jackets.. if you need one, you're free to grab it." He told her. He didn't mind sharing. He'd have to see if he could leave most of his baggage somewhere as to not lug it around. Currently he still had a bag on his bag with most of his things, all of his weapons were strapped to his person. "Do you perhaps know.. how long will we be on this ship..?" He asked.

Rain jackets... Diella feels like her issue is less one of getting wet than of the weather in general, but then again, she has never owned a rain jacket, either. "Thank you for the offer," she says. "Maybe I will borrow one one day."

As Vrail joins the conversation, Diella tilts her head and smiles slightly. If water is what Kalvienne fears, that makes the two of them kindred spirits in a way. "That's right," she affirms Vrail's reassurance. "We're in this together. You could say... we're literally in the same boat?" She overemphasizes the joke, then clears her throat and changes the subject. "Ahem. Sorry. So, uh, have you ever been on a flying ship before? How does it stay aloft?"

Rain jackets... Diella feels like her issue is less one of getting wet than of the weather in general, but then again, she has never owned a rain jacket, either. "Thank you for the offer," she says. "Maybe I will borrow one one day."

As Vrail joins the conversation, Diella tilts her head and smiles slightly. If water is what Kalvienne fears, that makes the two of them kindred spirits in a way. "That's right," she affirms Vrail's reassurance. "We're in this together. You could say... we're literally in the same boat?" She overemphasizes the joke, then clears her throat and changes the subject. "Ahem. Sorry. So, uh, have you ever been on a flying ship before? How does it stay aloft?"

Please roll 1d100

Vrail lets out a hoot or three of laughter and pats Kalvin on the back in Tiefling's moment of triumph over his fear. THen he turns to Diella.

"I'm sure if I had stayed in a proper Saurian academy I could tell you," he says, shaking his head. "But I'll be thrice damned if I know. I am going to find where to store our gear, but first I think I will speak to Toryk about stashing this artifact somewhere."

Stomping over to where the Gnoll practices with the flintlock Vrail takes the bag with the artifact in one hand and gestures with it to Toryk.

"M'lord," says Vrail in a pause of Toryk's activity. He tries not to interupt anyone's practice. "That's a fine weapon. New? I was wondering if you might have an idea or two on where best to hide this package?"

DuckPrince DuckPrince , D. Rex D. Rex , Felis Felis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back