• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Against the Gods' Will

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Earlier, there was a fall. The whispers had warned her of something happening, like a father watching over it's children. Mia during the time was reapplying her makeup for the 6th time today. No matter how hard she tried, either her eyebrow changed shape or her lips would grow an eye that needed pruning. At times, she hated herself, yet she knew she had great power. That was about the limit of her knowledge, that she had something.

Once she felt the portal opening, she put the lipstick and make-up down, shivering in anticipation of what was to come next. Some form of terrible assimilation perhaps?

No.

After the fall, Mia would stare around at... People. What if they saw her? What if she had an outburst here and devoured a few people? Terrified, Mia ran ahead, eventually coming to some sort of theater where she could be alone. However, as more and more people filed in, she cowered in the corner, sobbing as she hid her head.

"Please... Oh god please don't let anything happen..."

She whispered to herself as her skin crawled. She could barely control herself at this point as she heard voices around her grow closer and closer. Despite not paying close attention, her innate psychic and magical powers surged, reaching out and sensed people near her. A soldier of some sort... Shouldn't he be in war? A fairly normal woman next to him... Fairly normal from the outside at least. A knight too? There were others as well. She sensed extraordinary power. Beings like her perhaps? She peeked from her hidey-hole for a moment to stare at everyone.

16df444e824ff093dcf1a07913b3e1e2.png Chrysos once again stayed close to Zekera as he patiently waited for an answer. He wanted to know everything he could about the truly important parts of this world. He couldn't give a crap about the magic or technology, From the sound of the goddess they were stuck here and not even the Snake lady knew what was happening anymore. Firstly the currency was important. Would they be provided with money or have to earn it, What food is here, what is the language, he knew both Greek and english but considering the goddess weird name there was no way of knowing the language. As all these thoughts went through his head he turned to see Zekera staring at him like was an oddity, he traced her eyesight to his wallet. " Ahh right Drachma is greek currency, this is roughly 1000 American dollars if my memory serves me correct, not a lot but enough to spoil me~" He explained to her as he put his wallet back into his bag he had been carrying on his shoulder and grabbed a pocket watch from inside. It was around 5 PM in Greece, As he remember from the walk around the suns position made it seem roughly Noon, " 5 hours behind Greece, that would either place us in South America, Greenland.....or the middle of the Atlantic ocean...." He mumbled aloud before sighing and putting the watch back " Feel free to keep the revolver Zekera, consider it a gift. I have plenty more" He took a look in his bag to see what else he had on him, A gold necklace he was going to give as a gift. 50 rounds of pistol ammo for his revolvers, a small whetstone and some oil for it, a standard lockpick set and a few chemicals and rags, this was his usual daily inventory as he never knew when his family would call on him so he had to be prepared often. "Now, to await answers from Ms. Goddess. " He said as he turned to her with a fake smile.
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
Michiel Van Der Zee had gone through his fair share of fear and terror in his life. Especially when a dead body dug its way out of the ground and told him that his father was the Greek god of the dead. That was certainly a frightening experience. What was even worst, though, was when he found out he could make the dead serve him. He came from a country that valued freedom heavily, especially after the Boer Wars, so the concept of enslavement and forced labor was horrid to him. So horrified he was with himself, he tried to cast himself over a cliff into the sea and end it all. But the dead would not allow him to die so easy. Two huge men, clad in cold steel, dragged him back to his house and tossed him into a hole, which vomited him out into the Garden. So far, he had seen a drunk girl almost get snapped from existence, then get knocked out by some crazy dude, then THAT dude got punched by another dude. What a day.

The group quickly moved on to the theater, where they spread out all over into little collections. A man with a gun sat at the front, with a lady straight out of the ancient days a few rows behind. The crazy dude stuck with an African girl, almost like a stalker. And then, he saw a bald girl hidden in a corner, sobbing like a widow at a funeral. Pity filled his heart, and Michiel approached her. "Hey, you okay there ma'am?" he asked. GreenEyedStranger GreenEyedStranger

1553232911191.pngFirst and foremost, Konohanasakuya-hime looked at Nadee, resisting the urge to roll her eyes, "There are a number of rows with cushion seats for non-bipedal species. Choose one. I am sorry you didn't have one before."

Then to Chrýsos. Not questions she expected to hear. He had a surprisingly level head for everything that was going on. "Ah...," she started, looking around, "I'm not sure about tea, but there should be a drinking fountain or two out in the foyer. I don't exactly have a caterer set up at the moment, unfortunately. As for money and living concerns... hm... The currency used varies greatly. The different pantheons tend to use their respective people's money... or will at least take it. With Drachma, that'll be the Greek Pantheon. Lucky for you, they're one of the louder pantheons, so you should be able to use that money in more places. Aside from that, we do have a larger system in place too. Most everyone takes gold coin. On top of that, there's also a... er... card system in place. You wouldn't know what that is though... uh, how to explain? It's a card that stands for the money you have so that you don't have to worry about carrying your money around. It works via some complex magic."

"With your living concerns, yes, you will all be taken care of during your stay. I'm not sure entirely what the situation will be, but you should get at least a small stipend for your efforts."

More questions from various people. She heard one individual introduce himself to another. Ozwiena. Well, at least some people knew who they were related to. She cleared her throat and continued again, "I know you're all wondering why you're here at all. From Ozwiena to Zeus, Freyja to Morpheus, Bhuvaneswari to Heqet... you all are related to a deity. The vast majority of you are demi-divine. Young demi-gods and demi-goddesses. Many of you likely had a parental figure that wasn't exactly... well... in the picture. Perhaps you've never met your Mother, or your Father left when you were young. It is unfortunate, but it was in an attempt to protect you from the mess that is our politics and our... larger situation as a whole. At this point, however, we didn't have much choice but to involve you. It's only fair you have a chance to save your world."

"There are some gods and goddesses among us which wish to cause great discord... and not the sort that Loki might cause. There is a group, we don't know the members yet, who is trying to bring about the end times. I understand that most of you probably don't care about our problems, and that's fine. I'm not asking you to. This is, unfortunately, a threat that could very well end the world you live on. Anyone you care about, any place you care about, gone. They seem to want to hit the big red reset button, and, understandably, we're pretty against that. I understand that the world is facing its second world war. Now you know of another going on at the same time. I am... so deeply sorry that you all had to be brought into this mess. I'm sorry that we are expecting you to help. You probably want to continue living, but it's still not fair to ask of you."

maat.jpgAs she finished her words, there was the loud sound of the doors opening with a fury. Quickly and with purpose, Ma'at, dressed in somewhat stereotypical flowing Egyptian garb, walked in. The new woman made her way to the stage, stepped up beside Konohanasakuya-hime, and sighed. Taking just a moment, she closed her eyes before clearing her throat and beginning.

"Hello. I apologize for being late to this rather impromptu party. I am Ma'at, the Egyptian goddess of truth and justice. It is a pleasure to meet all of you. Believe me, I will be having a word with the gods that brought you here unannounced. This was not how this was supposed to go. I apologize to you, as well, Nadee. This was unfair on you. You should have had time for preparation."

"Now then. I hope that Konohanasakuya-hime was entertaining your questions. Now that I am here, I will answer any more you have. I am your... ah... let us call me your Headmistress. This is not a typical learning scenario, but it is a simple title. I am overseeing your progress and your fight."

(( Astralworks Astralworks Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Dana Zane Dana Zane lyrathemute lyrathemute MorgathosTheRussian MorgathosTheRussian Osuka Osuka Kyrenka Kyrenka ZuluSlayer ZuluSlayer hostage hostage GreenEyedStranger GreenEyedStranger ))

f7cba9ebc5fe7ce060cca3a4f07738c6.pngNadee gave a thankful bow slithering over to the cushion as fast as possible laying on it with a blissful smile. she could lay here forever if given the chance. But as she heard the gods explanation she slowly stood up shocked. Sure the god shave had squabbles before but to require something like this it must have been serious. As Ma'at revealed herself her eyes went even wider, The goddess of Justice was here as well! just how big was this? " A-Ah it's a pleasure to work with and for you Ma'am!" Nadee quickly replied to Ma'at as she gave a bow so far that her head was almost touching the ground. She would be working with the goddess? this was too much.

16df444e824ff093dcf1a07913b3e1e2.pngChrysos grin grew bigger as he was given more information. It was good that drachmas work here and that they were quite prevalent. He was slightly disappointed at the absence of tea but that was to test their hospitality. " So basically. We're the bastards of gods and are being sent to war on your behalf? Sounds wonderful. Sign me up, I'm sure the rewards will be spectacular after all, it's not everyday a god asks you to kill a fellow god. " He said as he couldn't hide his big smile, this simply sounded too fun to not join into! certainly much more exciting then the mafia, how far could his luck take him against the very gods? He couldn't wait. " Gods who decided Humanity needed to be reset versus children of that very humanity? It sounds like something right out of an Epic!' He chimed again as he sat down at a chair to further listen to the new goddess, from the sounds of it they were going to teach them first, probably the best idea, aside from him, Mr. Machine gun, the drunken lady and the girl who looked right out of medieval times no one else probably was used to fights or killing.... well except the creepy chick with a chainsaw but he'd rather avoid that, he may be lucky but a chainsaw will still cut if it hits. " So Headmistress Ma'at, when does class begin? " He asked after her speech with a wry smile
Deathkitten Deathkitten

~Alexander Williams~
Frustrated, Xander started chewing on his thumbnail out of habit. She can't be serious, can she? There was no way that everyone here was a demi-god or whatever. There was no way that he was! Xander was snarky and anxious and way too rough to be a demi-god. Who would his parent even be? Ares? With a snort, the brunet forced himself to stop biting his nails and shoved his hands into his jacket's pockets. No thanks. If theology taught me anything it's that Mount Olympus is an absolute shit fest. Listening to Konohanasakuya-hime talk, but not really comprehending what she was saying, the boy began bouncing his leg before the goddess's next words made him freeze. A war? It was a dreaded topic back home. The government was trying to ignore Hitler's growing influence, but a lot of people were itching to fight. A combination of moral obligation, the idea of employment through the military, and a need to vent their frustrations through violence made war seem like a good idea to most people; but the thought of his father, a man who somehow couldn't wrap his head around the idea of people hating Xander just because of his skin color, being shipped off to war and certain death made him nauseous. Letting his gaze sweep around the room, the brunet took in the faces that were only a bit younger and older than his own. Aren't we a little young for this?

A loud bang echoed through the auditorium, causing him to jolt in his seat. Whirling around, Xander watched as a tall, Egyptian woman strode towards the stage. Although her steps were calculated and graceful, the rage behind each movement was incredibly clear. The door opened again, this time much quieter, causing the boy to look back again. The bird lady from before, Accalia, slipped in almost silently as the doors closed with a soft click. The sound of a throat clearing drew his attention back towards the stage again, so he turned to face the stage again as the new woman began to speak.

"Hello. I apologize for being late to this rather impromptu party. I am Ma'at, the Egyptian goddess of truth and justice. It is a pleasure to meet all of you. Believe me, I will be having a word with the gods that brought you here unannounced. This was not how this was supposed to go. I apologize to you, as well, Nadee. This was unfair on you. You should have had time for preparation."

"Now then. I hope that Konohanasakuya-hime was entertaining your questions. Now that I am here, I will answer any more you have. I am your... ah... let us call me your Headmistress. This is not a typical learning scenario, but it is a simple title. I am overseeing your progress and your fight."

~Accalia~
She was right, of course. Accalia had made it back into the city swiftly and gave the waiting deities the news of the students' early summoning. As expected, they were furious. Arguments immediately erupted, but the goddess Ma'at was able to reign them in. At that point Accalia had been asked to leave, the affairs of the pantheons were private after all, but she assumed that they were able to reach some sort of solution as they were no longer consumed by rage. Oh, they were still furious, but they were now controlled and calm once again. At least, she assumed that they were calm now since there were no sounds of destruction. When the door to the gods' meeting room finally opened, Ma'at emerged and gestured for Accalia to follow. The demi-human didn't dare to question the obviously slighted goddess and followed without a word. However, the Caladrius's curiosity made her jittery as they made their way through the city. Finally, the goddess threw open a pair of impressively large doors and made her way inside. Hesitating for the first time since she got there, Accalia stared after Ma'at for a moment before gathering herself and entering the large theater. Ma'at had drawn almost everyone's attention, but a few students that either had sharp senses or were close to the doors turned their eyes to her. Luckily, the Egyptian goddess began speaking which drew the remaining attention off of the demi-human. With a quick sigh, the Caladrius made her way towards an empty row of seats. By hesitating before, she had missed her chance to follow Ma'at onto the stage without drawing unnecessary attention. To go up now would only cause a disturbance. Perhaps it's better this way, she mused. I can keep the children under control, should they become disruptive. Sharp eyes scanned the crowd of students regularly, keeping an eye out for anyone that decided to cause trouble.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Mia’s round eyes locked onto Michiel as soon as she sensed someone facing her. She seemed to slink further in the dark corner of the chair, nearly disappearing into the shadows as her eyes remained visible. After several long moments of pause, she spoke

“Im scared... Theres so many people here... They may find out and kill me, or... I may hurt someone.”

As she grew more agitated, her voice started to warble. Trying to prevent whatever was occuring from happening she held her head tightly, appearing as if she was about to scream. Taking a moment to breathe, she eventually regained composure, looking up at him. She sensed an almost familiar darkness from him. It scared her, partially at least

“They told me of people like you. Who could command death itself...”

She said in a hushed shivering tone.

Before she could ask anything else though, that goddess in front began speaking again. Some others joined... an egyptian goddess. Ma’at. She held her head in pain again as some unseen entity cried out in pain at the sight of a familiar egyptian deity. Perhaps Ma’at may have recognized the presence of the eldritch god Nyarlathotep.

She weakly lifted her head up, getting a better look at the others here. A particularly loud Chryssos caught her attention before Accalia met her gaze. Mia ducked back down, staring back at Michiel

“I’m a danger here...”

She whispered

Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka MorgathosTheRussian MorgathosTheRussian

Aleksandros was interested, but at the same time, was also alarmed. So all the group was touched by some sort of divinity, and many had a missing parent. And apparently, they were here to fight a war on the behalf of gods that may or may not exist. That was when it became alarming. The Goddess spoke of the end times of mankind. The crazy chloroform man seemed incredibly excited in murder. The gods must be angry or really desperate to kill Hitler, then. Then the Egyptian lady came onto the stage. She was quite a character, dressed up like one of the actors from Alexandria. He remembered reading about her while he was in college still. "So you are saying we are at some sort of school right now? What do you expect from us?" Aleksandros asked. Deathkitten Deathkitten

--------

Michiel looked at the terrified girl and felt part of his heart melt. She was obviously used to being hated by all. That was no way to live. "Well, child of darkness, as long as I'm here, I won't let anyone hurt you. I'm Michiel Van Der Zee. I'm from South Africa. Tell me, what is your name? Where are you from?" he asks with a warm smile. He took a seat a few feet away from the shadows. GreenEyedStranger GreenEyedStranger

Last edited:
Artemis.jpg"Psst, Accalia," a girl whispered after suddenly appearing beside the bird girl, hair messily tied into a braid, bow and quiver latched to her back, "Do you think Ma'at is going to skin Zeus once this is all over with? I mean, this is clearly my Father's doing. He's the one with the balls to do it... plus he's enough of an asshole to not care about what the others think."

She looked out from Accalia to the crowd, taking them in and inspecting them. She noted which ones became aware of her presence, which ones did not, and which ones were zoning out from the whole thing. She was wondering who would be the best soldiers among them, and, honestly, kind of hoped it would be a woman that would be the best of the group. There were so many of them that she needed to protect... so many men and women that would, undoubtedly, flirt with one another.

How many of these fine women could she perhaps turn to maidenhood? Those who it wasn't too late for, that was. On top of that, how many letches were among these men? Questions galore...

Oh, and on top of that... would any of them be good with a bow? She grinned to herself, thinking of getting to test their mettle.

(( Astralworks Astralworks Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Dana Zane Dana Zane lyrathemute lyrathemute MorgathosTheRussian MorgathosTheRussian Osuka Osuka Kyrenka Kyrenka ZuluSlayer ZuluSlayer hostage hostage GreenEyedStranger GreenEyedStranger ))

1553322070706.pngMa'at couldn't help but smile a little. At least the group of young men and women had their wits about them. She didn't react to Artemis joining them, only glancing in her direction as she thought on the questions thus far leveled her way. There were murmurs throughout the crowd, but two men, in particular, seemed to be the boldest of them.

She nodded a bit, "Classes if you'd prefer to call them as such, begin nearly immediately. You have a night to settle. We don't have time to waste, especially now that you're all here. This is not a school any more than a boot camp for the military is. You will be expected to fight for your lives and the lives of those you care about. For your world you come from. It is likely that pawns of the rogue deities would have come for you all eventually, regardless of pulling you here... now that you're here, out in the open, however..."

Ma'at paused, sighing, "You've all essentially got a target on your back. You have from birth, that's unavoidable, but now that you're here, you're more clearly a threat to this other group. I would expect them to try to kill you. That's why we have to make sure you can handle yourselves as soon as possible. Tomorrow, you will be roused and brought to a field. We will test your prowess in various subjects."

"Even now, one person has already been injured due to the arrogance of the people who did the spell to bring you here," she explained, looking intensely angry again, "One demi-god had to be brought to the infirmary and healed. Instead of this individual landing in the garden as intended... they ended up landing with a rather dramatic splash in Hephaestus's forge. Luckily, they'll make a full recovery. This is even more to the point, however, that you all will need to learn how to handle yourselves. The gods and goddesses are... unpredictable. Some, like myself, prefer order... but others, they prefer chaos. They may not even try to hurt you, but in their brashness, they could."

The murmurs of the crowd grew again, concern spilling over. She simply let them go until they eventually fell quiet once more, "After the tests tomorrow, you will all be free to explore your surroundings. Any more questions?"

(Sorry for lack of posts recently)

Andraste listened intently to Ma'at words. This was the struggle she had been told about. A war to end the world, one that would make or break mankind. Such potential for glorious battle against a formidable foe! All her life, Andraste had been lusting for a chance to strike down a greater foe than her. This would be the best chance she would get in her entire life. Dreams of smiting down foes and claiming revenge for slights against both her peoples filled her mind. She would make Wodan proud. First things first, she had to set up a base of operations. "Where will we be staying?" she asked. Deathkitten Deathkitten

So they all being hunted too. Glad he got out of Tunis then. To see his home city be destroyed by an angry god would be as terrible as the city of Dresden being firebombed. But who would do that? The news was, like most this woman said, alarming, but it filled him with hope to know that there was a plan in place. Hopefully, they would be safe from others till the war preparation was ready. Hearing of the Forge sparked his interest. The creation of weapons and equipment was always a fascinating thing for him. Then he spotted the little girl on the stage. "Excuse me, but who is that girl standing behind you?" Deathkitten Deathkitten

Chrýsos looked again and also noticed the girl. Ah this truly was the land of the gods one fair maiden after the other. " Another goddess I'm presuming. They just keep showing up nonstop~" He chimed with a clap. This was already much more exciting then his old job.

" Uh.... so, May I ask why I was brought as well. I'm simply a lesser Divine. " Nadee asked as she had been tending to the uncioncious Fíon her sword still hovering nearby. Jeez this girl weighed a ton, add on the fact she was basically a giant with her height and she could easily believe this girl to be a demi-devine.

~Accalia~​

"Psst, Accalia," The demi-human stifled an undignified squawk at Athena's sudden entrance. The goddess continued, "Do you think Ma'at is going to skin Zeus once this is all over with? I mean, this is clearly my Father's doing. He's the one with the balls to do it... plus he's enough of an asshole to not care about what the others think." The goddess made a great point; Zeus had a centuries long history of causing problems and ignoring warnings. It was safe to assume that Ma'at would rip into whoever was responsible, King of Olympus or not.

"Knowing your father, it's more than likely." Artemis's eyes were already scanning the crowd of students, no doubt sizing up potential huntresses to join them, but the Caladrius knew that she was still listening. "He could've been conspiring with some of the other pantheons though." Dropping her voice to a whisper, she said, "I've heard that Malsumis is rather unpleasant as well." While Zeus didn't typically usually work with other deities, if someone had the same idea then it was likely that they planned this together. "I believe that Ma'at won't let whoever summoned the early heroes go unpunished."

Accalia narrowed her eyes at the young demi-divine boy that looked back at them. "Another goddess I'm presuming. They just keep showing up nonstop~" The boy was grinning widely while staring at Artemis, which caused the demi-human's feathers to ruffle in offense. Lecher.

Ignoring the boy's gaze, Accalia nodded towards a blonde girl in armor ( ZuluSlayer ZuluSlayer 's Andraste). "She seems like a promising warrior." While they hadn't gotten to examine any of the summoned heroes and their abilities, the woman in armor carried herself with the confidence that only an experienced warrior had. They still needed to test the extent of her abilities, but even if she wasn't as skilled as she looked there was plenty of time to fix that. Besides, the demi-human thought, There are plenty of other potential young huntresses here.

((Mentioned Deathkitten Deathkitten 's Artemis & Ma'at, Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon 's Chrysós, and ZuluSlayer ZuluSlayer 's Andraste))

Mia would frown lightly as Michiel seemed to get warmer with her. The mood worsened even further as she listened on to the Egyptian woman. So she was to be a soldier then? A weapon? But then, if the fates of worlds are in the balance, perhaps she should help along. Besides, it would give her a reason to use her powers for good... As far as she knew.

Glancing back to Michiel for a moment, Mia sunk into the shadow. Obviously, she wasn't used to being in the presence of such large crowds... Yet despite being tucked away in the corner, she noticed some things. Especially that pervert and his loud, obnoxious thoughts...

"I'm... Me... Uh."

She paused, stumbling as she hasn't heard her own name muttered in so long

"Sorry, Mia..."

Mia looked down to the empty floor for a moment as her body began sinking lower and lower. She didn't seem willing to answer where she was from, and she seemed to be getting more shy by the second.

She did have one pressing question though....

A very important one.

Suddenly bursting from the comfort of her chair, Mia seemed to spring upwards, aided as her legs partially morphed into a blob beneath her for support

"Is there dinner? I'm starving.... Absolutely famished."

She asked towards Ma'at in as loud a tone as she could manage. Her voice was soft and silky, but also terribly timid.

Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka MorgathosTheRussian MorgathosTheRussian

"Pleasure to meet you, Mia." Michiel said with a smile. Her sudden outburst of activity was surprising to him. She seemed to be a very reserved person. "Yeah, same here! Could go for a nice steak." Michiel said, joining Mia's call for food.

1553597907380.pngThere were more questions. Surprisingly, it seemed this group actually had a fairly nice head on their shoulders. Ma'at glanced behind herself and furrowed her brow. Was he referring to Artemis in the seats? No matter. Where would they be staying and when was food. Good questions.

She cleared her throat, thinking on the answers.

"Nadee, you are here to be a sort of teacher to them. We had mentioned to you the possibility before. As for the questions of where to stay and where to eat... You have options for where to stay. A number of gods and goddesses are offering rooms," she motioned to Artemis, who then stood, "Artemis here is one of such goddesses. In particular, she is interested in housing any young women who wish to remain virginal maidens."

"That's right," Artemis called out, nodding as her arms folded, "I want to make it very clear. All you young women have a safe place with me and my huntresses. I don't tolerate men being shameful letches."

Ma'at nodded in kind, "Others offering to house you all are Zeus, Dionysus, Tyche, Thor, Loki, Freyja, Bastet, Durga, a creature of Cthulhu, Ryūjin, and Amaterasu. You have your pick, so think about it well. If you do not recognize one of these names, ask around. There are many here from various cultures. Each of these gods or goddesses have their own specialties. Now then. To food."

The goddess waved her hand and in each person's lap plunked a small coin purse of 50 gold pieces.

"You are all free to go. Explore the city and choose wherever you would like to eat, you have the money to do so. When you wish to head to your chosen bedding area, call that god or goddess's name and tell them. You will be taken there. Don't stay out too late. The sun is high in the sky currently, but it turns dark faster than you might think. I would estimate you have at least five hours until it gets dark."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .​

Locations
Current Location - Theatre of Dionysus
North from here lies the city of the divine. A vast, sprawling cityscape that defies the laws of physics. Near to the Garden and the Theatre of Dionysus, however, there is a map with a little "you are here" dot labeling itself.

Pointing to the West, it says Όλυμπος, أرض الآلهة, and Ásgarðr. In this direction, you will find the following restaurants:
The Excited Hydra
The Jackal
The Underworld Restaurant

Pointing to the East, it says Dachaigh nan Diathan, 神々, and Das Zuhause der Götter. In this direction, you will find the following restaurants:
The Kami Corner
The Wicked Wand
The Fae Grotto

Pointing forward, to the North, it says "Market" in a text of shifting languages, particularly strange looking to those who speak more than one language. There seem to be more pantheons out in that direction as well. In this direction, you will find the following restaurants:
Angelic Cafe
The Solemn God
The Dancing Map
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Please title your next post with where you choose to go.

1553601113244.png

~Alexander Williams~​
Market: The Solemn God

Never before had Xander wanted to be a woman as badly as he did now. The goddess, Artemis, seemed like a level-headed and reliable woman. However, she only extended an invitation out women, so Xander would have to rely on luck when picking a different deity to be housed by. Clutching the pouch of gold in his hands, the brunet kept his eyes glued on the map in front of him as strangers studied it as well. The only deities that had sounded familiar were Zeus, Dionysus, Thor, and Loki, and three out of those four deities did not have a good reputation in his opinion. Glancing at some of the faces around him, Xander didn't feel comfortable asking anyone if they knew who the other deities were. I guess I'm going with Thor. From what he remembered from school, Thor was a important lightening deity, like Zeus. Except he wasn't as big of a dick as Zeus. The brunet couldn't remember much else, aside that Thor had a hammer, but that didn't matter since the his main concern was that he didn't get stuck with a dangerous deity.

Studying the map again, Xander finally decided on where he wanted to go before ducking through the crowd. The Solemn God. Ignoring its ominous name, it sounded like it would be a quiet and private place to eat; right now, he needed somewhere quiet to gather his thoughts and let everything sink in. And maybe find a phone. Ma'at never said that they couldn't call home if they happened to find a phone, and Xander had his family's number memorized. The thought of his parents coming home to a ruined house with him missing made his heart twist. They'll still lose their minds if I tell them that I was basically kidnapped. Still, it'd probably comfort them more to know that he was alive and well than to leave them completely in the dark; he'd just have to think of a really good excuse as to why he wasn't coming home. Stuffing his pouch of coins into his jacket pocket as soon as he made his way onto the path leading North, Xander's shoulders unconsciously hunched a little as his gaze flitted around. While he was pretty sure that the deities wouldn't summon them only to let them go off into a dangerous city and possibly die, he didn't want to take any chances of pissing off the wrong mythical being. He knew enough about Greek mythology to know that pissing one of them off was a one way ticket to death or worse.

MARKET: THE DANCING GOD

Aleksandros smiled when Artemis was introduced. He was a big fan of her martial skills and overall combat style. It favored speed over strength, and was much like his own. And when the gold landed in his lap, the deal was sealed. He intended to spend it on more than just food. Information was power. He resolved to go to the home of Tyche. Never heard of her - or him. But he remembered that this was a place of all sorts of Gods. Perhaps his favorite one could be here? As people began to leave, he approached the stage and asked, "Excuse me, ma'am, but does Ba'al Hammon have a home here?" And as he talked, he added, "And do you have some sort of device for people? Like that special tree I saw earlier." He decided he would head towards where most of the bigger buildings were, towards the Market. The Dancing Map seems pleasant enough.

---------

THE WICKED WAND

Michiel paid attention to Ma'at lecture, and decided that Durga's lodge would be an interesting choice. "If you want to talk again, I'm gonna be in Durga's." He said to Mia. After that, he joined the throng of people leaving and went east towards the Wicked Wand. It sounded way different from any shantytown pub or countryside restaurant. Had a bit of a Dutch ring to it. He always wanted to visit the homeland of the Boers.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
Chrýsos thought long and hard about the God's he was given. Loki seems best to learn from but Tyche was the goddess of luck. Hmmm for now he'd ask the girl he's favored the most today. " Zekera, where do you plan to go? I know it's probably a lot but no choice is probably wrong..... except Zeus, don't trust him. " he quickly added the last part with a serious look on his face. Ironically his goal there was somewhat similar to Artemis, he knew God's from his mythologies Nature and would do his best to prevent any woman from joining Zeus. " That Lecherous god is too dangerous to be left alone with any woman"

Nadee nodded saying" I-I thank you for the opportunity to let a lesser god such as myself work along side you! " she was truly joyed to feel needed by the gods. " So ma'am. What should we do about her? I don't know how long the blonde man's chemical lasts he called it chloroform? It's most likely something of human creation. " she still had Fíon cradled by her long tail. Fíon was still passed out.
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
Mia looked up with wide eyes as the speech ended. She glanced side to side as she watched everyone file out, leaving her one of the last few to leave the theater. Hopefully Michiel was still there.

One word that Ma'at spoke stuck with her though... 'Cthulhu'. Mia never heard the name uttered before yet a voice inside of her head began filling her with a strange sense of nostalgia and dread. She covered her ears and shut her eyes for a moment as the feeling passed. Whatever this creature of this 'Cthulhu' was, it probably wasn't good news. Then again, perhaps she could learn some control from it, if Mia could find this creature.

As she evaluated her other options, her mind drifted somewhat towards Artemis. A safe haven for women definitely seemed like something she'd be interested in. As long as she didn't have any outbursts there...

She'd have to ask indeed, but there were more pressing affairs now.

Her stomach growled (literally) as she began craving nutrition. Her morphing ability didn't come free, and needed some fuel in her body.

"The Fae Grotto sounds nice..."

Mia muttered. She always was fond of fairy tales and stories of enchanted groves. She had no doubt Michiel would be interested in the 'Underworld Restaurant', regarding his abilities. She tried her best to do an innocent smile as she glanced at everyone else

"Do you know where the others are going? I'm anxious to meet them..."

Deathkitten Deathkitten MorgathosTheRussian MorgathosTheRussian

THE EXCITED HYDRA

Andraste continued to listen to the lecture, eyeing Artemis with suspicion. She was a Greek, not as bad as Germans, but still pretty bad. Though if she wanted to better her martial abilities, she would be an excellent choice. But diversity was key in combat, and its important in the politics of social life too. She would go with the mightiest warrior people to ever walk the earth: the Romans. Though her parents both hated them, Andraste respected and admired their tenacity and strategic skills. Surely she could learn from them. She set out with her 50 coins to the EXCITED HYDRA to eat, first.

~Alexander Williams~
The Solemn God
Following the main strip of the city, it seemed most of the storefronts were one type of shop or another. There were numerous food places that were not on the map that were in equally numerous languages. Alexander, as well as the others who decided to walk a similar direction, were getting a lot of attention. It seemed most eyes were on them, and people were curious.

All the same, he would eventually get to his destination. The Solemn God. It was a larger storefront than many of the others and seemed to have been there for a long time. It wasn't a huge building or a skyrise or something like that. Instead, it was a thin, brick, two-story building with the name of the restaurant emblazoned on lightly scalloped wood that was attached to the front. Inside, it looked like a worn library had taken over the place. It was a quiet, subdued atmosphere, with each table more or less surrounded by bookcases.

waitress.jpg"Welcome to The Solemn God," the waitress called out while walking up and grabbing a menu, "Table for one?" Her accent was heavy, South African in nature, though she spoke English well. She motioned for him to follow, "My name is Umakoti. I'll be your server today. Mbaba Mwana Waresa is the chef."

She placed down the menu at a table, "We serve Zulu food, along with some other, more foreigner-friendly options. Take a look. I'll get you some water in the mean-time."

Wine List

Forgotten Jelly Riesling
A finely made white wine that is described as vibrant and leathery.
Bottle price: 7 gp, 3 sp
Glass price: 2 gp, 4 sp
Hook and Baboon Shiraz
A locally produced red wine with a taste that is mellow and bitter.
Bottle price: 2 gp, 6 sp
Glass price: 8 sp, 8 cp
House Pinot Noir
A house-made red wine that is described as powerful and green.
Bottle price: 1 gp, 5 sp
Glass price: 5 sp, 1 cp
Stunned Net Riesling
A locally produced white wine with a bouquet that is green and oaky.
Bottle price: 2 gp, 6 sp
Glass price: 8 sp, 9 cp

Lagers & Ales

Silver Shark Pilsner
6.36% ABV
An imported light brown pilsner. Described as a crisp pilsner with a sweet finish.
Gallon price: 5 sp, 4 cp
Pint price: 1 sp
Utywala Beer
A highly alcoholic brew.
Gallon price: 5 sp, 1 cp
Pint price: 1 sp
Amahewu Beer
A non-intoxicating grain beer.
Gallon price: 4 sp
Pint price: 8 cp
Poisoned Hippogriff Lager
6.27% ABV
An imported reddish lager. Described as a spicy lager with notes of vanilla and a pleasant finish.
Gallon price: 4 sp, 6 cp
Pint price: 9 cp

Liquors

Stumbling Dryad Vodka
A locally produced sugarbeet vodka.
Bottle price: 1 gp, 8 sp
Shot price: 3 sp
Brass Stirge Vodka
A poorly made sugarbeet vodka.
Bottle price: 8 sp, 5 cp
Shot price: 1 sp, 4 cp
Flying Halfling Brandy
A poorly made cherry brandy.
Bottle price: 9 sp, 7 cp
Shot price: 1 sp, 6 cp
Holy Fungus Vodka
A locally produced molasses vodka.
Bottle price: 1 gp, 8 sp
Shot price: 3 sp

Non-Alcoholic

Water
0 gp
Soda/Pop
2 sp
Lemonade
2 sp
Chai Tea
3 sp
Amasi
3 sp
Starters

Cheese Platter
A plate of muenster cheese with crackers.
1 sp
Deep-Fried Sweet Potato Wedges
Sweet potato wedges fried in butter. Served with a tomato-based sauce.
2 sp, 1 cp
Jerky Strips
A basket of several strips of chicken jerky.
1 sp, 2 cp

Soups & Salads

Scallop Soup
A thick soup with scallops, cubed potatoes, green beans, celery, and carrots.
1 sp, 2 cp
Isibhede
A fermented porridge, which tingles on the tongue.
1 sp
Phutu
An unfermented, crumbly porridge.
1 sp
Pork Stew
A smooth stew with cubes of pork, noodles, and green beans.
1 sp, 6 cp
Iceberg Salad
Leaves of iceberg coated in a lemon dressing and tossed with cucumbers.
1 sp, 6 cp
Roasted Rabbit and Iceberg Salad
Leaves of iceberg coated in a lemon dressing and tossed with baby kale. Topped with roasted rabbit.
1 sp, 6 cp

Entrees

Rotisserie-cooked Lamb
Rotisserie-cooked lamb with a ginger marinade served with bread with a serving of caramelized onions.
3 sp, 2 cp
Beef Tripe and Ribs with Chakalaka
Beef tripe and ribs served with a spicy chakalaka relish and a sprinkle of dried pelargonium leaves on top.
3 sp
Deep-fried Chicken
Deep-fried slices of chicken in a vodka sauce served with noodles and stewed onions and cauliflower.
3 sp
Deep-fried Steak
Deep-fried steak in white sauce served with mashed potatoes with a side of kale.
3 sp, 2 cp
Blackened Venison
Blackened chunks of venison in white sauce on a bed of rice and collard greens.
3 sp, 3 cp
Beef Liver with Chakalaka
Sauteed beef liver served with a spicy chakalaka relish and a sprinkle of dried pelargonium leaves on top.
5 sp
Grilled Sausage
Grilled sausage in red sauce alongside quinoa and red beans.
3 sp

Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish or eggs is done at your own risk.

After a while, the waitress came back with a water and a smile on her face, "Do you have any questions? What would you like to order?"

Kyrenka Kyrenka

Last edited:
~Aleksandros~
The Dancing Map
Ma'at looked at the boy Aleksandros and nodded, "Chronos/Saturn/Ba'al Hammon? Yes, he does have a residence within the city. A few different residences, in fact. You'd most likely find him in the Olympus section of the city... And yes, we have devices like that for people. Testing will come first before any sort of technology is given out, however. We feel it would be better to get a feel for the maturity level of you all before giving you something so far outside of your culture's grasp."

Following the main strip of the city, it seemed most of the storefronts were one type of shop or another. There were numerous food places that were not on the map that were in equally numerous languages. Aleksandros, as well as the others who decided to walk a similar direction, were getting a lot of attention. It seemed most eyes were on them, and people were curious.

All the same, he would eventually get to his destination. The Dancing Map. It was catty-corner from The Solemn God, and didn't look nearly as out of place as the other building. Instead, this one appeared to be a modern tavern with a boisterous attitude. The Dancing Map was furnished with various Norse runes and decorations. People were aleady well into their drinks despite the time, talking loudly to one another, and nearly as soon as he walked in the door, he was greeted by a large burly man.

Andhrímnir.png"Allo boy!" he shouted, grasping his forearm to shake it, "Welcome to The Dancing Map. It's gone 'round the grapevine already that you and yer kind are in the neighborhood! A pleasure to get to serve ya. My name's Andhrímnir. In the old times, I was known as the chef of the Æsir and einherjar, but nowadays I'm excited to get to cook for more than just them! Come, sit!"

Andhrímnir turned and patted the back of a nearby chair, smacking down a menu on the thick, dark wood table in front of him, "I imagine you're hungry, but if you want as well, you could join us at te'bar for a drink. When yer ready to order, just get the eyes of the bartender and order with 'em. 'Kay? I gotta go back to cookin', but I'll come back out and make sure you've got yer questions answered for ya." Just as quickly as he arrived, he left, ducking behind the counter and into the kitchen in a hurry, leaving Aleksandros with the menu.

Wine List

House Pinot Noir
A house-made red wine with flavors that are sweet and raisiny.
Bottle price: 1 gp, 5 sp
Glass price: 5 sp, 3 cp
Angry Boar Shiraz
A locally produced red wine with flavors that are toasty and green.
Bottle price: 2 gp, 8 sp
Glass price: 9 sp, 6 cp
Dog and Flail Shiraz
A poorly made red wine that is described as dirty and rough.
Bottle price: 8 sp, 2 cp
Glass price: 2 sp, 7 cp
Fighting Lycanthrope Chardonnay
An imported white wine with a bouquet that is raisiny and earthy.
Bottle price: 4 gp, 5 sp
Glass price: 1 gp, 5 sp
Polished Aboleth Chardonnay
A locally produced white wine with flavors that are green and herbaceous.
Glass price: 9 sp, 4 cp
House Riesling
A house-made white wine that is described as oaky and powerful.
Bottle price: 1 gp, 7 sp
Glass price: 5 sp, 8 cp
House Pinot Noir
A house-made red wine with a taste that is rough and oaky.
Bottle price: 1 gp, 6 sp
Glass price: 5 sp, 3 cp
House Plum Wine
A house-made fruit wine that is described as mellow and flat.
Bottle price: 1 gp
Glass price: 5 sp
House Pear Wine
A house-made fruit wine that is described as tart and sweet.
Bottle price: 1 gp
Glass price: 5 sp

Lagers & Ales

House Hard Cider
4.05% ABV
A house-brewed light brown cider. Described as a complex cider with a pleasant finish.
Gallon price: 4 sp, 9 cp
Restless Pomegranate Lager
4.55% ABV
A microbrewed reddish lager. Described as a complex lager with a hint of toffee and a sour finish.
Gallon price: 4 sp, 5 cp
House Pilsner
4.5% ABV
A house-brewed light brown pilsner. Described as a sour pilsner with a pleasant finish.
Gallon price: 4 sp, 4 cp
Pint price: 8 cp
Dire Rest Stout
7.27% ABV
An imported chestnut brown stout. Described as a pleasantly bitter stout with a sweet finish.
Gallon price: 5 sp, 7 cp
Pint price: 1 sp, 1 cp
Gambling Ship Stout
5.73% ABV
A microbrewed medium brown stout. Described as a refreshing stout with a hint of honey and a pleasant finish.
Gallon price: 5 sp, 6 cp
Pint price: 1 sp, 1 cp
House Malt
4.77% ABV
A house-brewed light brown malt. Described as a sweet malt with a rich finish.
Copper Boat Mead
5.95% ABV
A locally brewed reddish mead. Described as a pleasantly bitter mead with a hint of toffee and a sour finish.
Gallon price: 4 sp, 8 cp
Dancing Birch Mead
6% ABV
A microbrewed chestnut brown mead. Described as a dry mead with a rich finish.

Liquors

Toasted Quill Gin
A poorly made gin.
Bottle price: 8 sp, 8 cp
Shot price: 1 sp, 4 cp
Raging Ooze Gin
An imported gin.
Bottle price: 2 gp, 7 sp
Shot price: 4 sp, 6 cp
House Gin
A house-made gin.
Bottle price: 1 gp, 2 sp
Shot price: 2 sp
Toasted Cleric Rum
An imported honey rum.
Shot price: 4 sp, 7 cp
Velvet Cup Rum
A locally produced molasses rum.
Bottle price: 1 gp, 9 sp
Shot price: 3 sp, 2 cp
Drunken Pouch Rum
A locally produced molasses rum.
Bottle price: 1 gp, 9 sp
Shot price: 3 sp, 2 cp
Hoppy Coat Rum
A poorly made sugarcane rum.
Bottle price: 9 sp, 4 cp
Shot price: 1 sp, 5 cp
House Whiskey
A house-made barley whiskey.
Bottle price: 1 gp, 2 sp
Shot price: 2 sp, 1 cp
House Rum
A house-made honey rum.
Bottle price: 1 gp, 3 sp
Shot price: 2 sp, 1 cp
Starters

Jerky Strips
A basket of several strips of rabbit jerky.
8 cp
Cheese Platter
A plate of mozzarella cheese with crackers.
1 sp
Filled Baby Artichokes
A platter of baby artichokes filled with a concoction of potato and bacon.
3 sp
Stuffed Green Peppers
A platter of green peppers stuffed with a concoction of cheese, cream cheese, and meat.
2 sp, 1 cp
Jam-Packed Potato Skins
A platter of potato skins jam-packed with a mixture of sour cream, herbs, and bacon.
2 sp, 7 cp
Deep-Fried Onion Rings
Onion rings fried in lard. Served with a spicy red sauce.
2 sp, 2 cp
Deep-Fried Potato Wedges
Potato wedges fried in cottonseed oil. Served with a mustard sauce.
2 sp, 4 cp
Deep-Fried Sweet Potato Wedges
Sweet potato wedges fried in cottonseed oil. Served with a spicy red sauce.
2 sp, 5 cp

Soups & Salads

Fish Chowder
A savory chowder with small chunks of fish, dumplings, and onions.
1 sp, 6 cp
Lamb Soup
A savory soup with chunks of lamb, dumplings, green beans, and beans.
1 sp, 8 cp
Beef Soup
A savory soup with hearty chunks of beef, assorted grains, turnips, and onions.
1 sp, 8 cp
Rabbit Chowder
A tasty chowder with cubes of rabbit, assorted grains, and turnips.
1 sp, 5 cp
Turkey Soup
A tasty soup with chunks of turkey, assorted grains, garlic, and turnips.
1 sp, 8 cp
Grilled Rabbit and Iceberg Salad
Leaves of iceberg coated in a balsamic dressing and tossed with arugula. Topped with grilled rabbit.
1 sp, 6 cp
Romaine Salad
Leaves of romaine coated in a lemon-honey dressing and tossed with baby kale, red peppers, and olives.
1 sp, 6 cp
Grilled Rabbit and Romaine Salad
Leaves of romaine coated in a lemon-honey dressing and tossed with onions. Topped with grilled rabbit.
1 sp, 6 cp
Iceberg Salad
Leaves of iceberg coated in a lemon-honey dressing and tossed with mustard greens. Topped with slivered almonds.
1 sp, 6 cp
Roasted Chicken and Romaine Salad
Leaves of romaine coated in a balsamic and black pepper dressing and tossed with olives, celery, and baby artichokes. Topped with roasted chicken and sliced orange.
1 sp, 6 cp

Entrees

Rotisserie-cooked Rabbit
Rotisserie-cooked bits of rabbit in white sauce alongside quinoa and peas and cooked greens.
3 sp, 1 cp
Rotisserie-cooked Steak
Rotisserie-cooked cubes of steak in a vodka sauce alongside rice and caramelized onions.
3 sp, 3 cp
Grilled Venison
Grilled venison in garlic sauce served over bread and beets.
3 sp, 2 cp
Rotisserie-cooked Chicken
Rotisserie-cooked chicken in a cream sauce served with pasta and a helping of kale.
3 sp, 1 cp
Pan-fried Frog
Pan-fried frog in a vodka sauce on a bed of bread and stewed onions.
3 sp, 3 cp
Deep-fried Fish
Deep-fried fish in garlic sauce alongside bread and red beans.
3 sp
Pan-fried Turkey
Pan-fried bits of turkey in red sauce served with bread with a serving of celery.
3 sp, 2 cp
Roasted Lamb
Roasted lamb in garlic sauce alongside bread and a helping of stewed onions.
3 sp, 1 cp
Pan-fried Beef
Pan-fried strips of beef in a cream sauce alongside quinoa with a serving of peas.
3 sp, 3 cp

Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish or eggs is done at your own risk.

MorgathosTheRussian MorgathosTheRussian

Last edited:
~Alexander Williams~
While the restaurant itself was nothing like he'd seen before, the atmosphere was quiet and comforting. Xander eyed the bookshelves and wondered if they were for show or could be purchased. Feeling the weight of the coins in his pocket, he frowned. I wonder if I even have enough to buy a book. Ma'at said that they would have enough for food, but would they have to earn money for tomorrow? Would there be an allowance? I should've asked when I had the chance. A accented voice interrupted his thoughts with a warm, "Welcome to The Solemn God." A young woman walked up with a menu in her hands. "Table for one?" Awkward shyness reared its head again, and all the brunet could do was offer a nod. The woman didn't seem to mind, and motioned for him to follow her to a somewhat secluded table. "My name is Umakoti. I'll be your server today. Mbaba Mwana Waresa is the chef." The names, like the restaurant, were strange but not unwelcome. I guess this is a foreign country's area. While he had been hoping for some familiarity, Xander felt a tinge of excitement at the idea of exploring something new. As she placed the menu in her hands onto the table she said, "We serve Zulu food, along with some other, more foreigner-friendly options. Take a look. I'll get you some water in the mean-time." As she left, Xander took a seat and opened the menu.

Zulu, huh? He'd never heard of it before. Studying the menu's items gave no clues as to what country this was either. Not a European one probably. The thought made some of the tension he'd been holding in since he was first summoned leave. It was too early to get his hopes up, but maybe there was a chance that nobody would care that he wasn't white. The idea was too good to be true, but so far no one's said or done anything. Nobody had stared at him with contempt, only curiosity. Nobody had moved away from him during the assembly. Hell, the waitress was a woman and black! That was a practically impossible back home, which meant that the rules were different here. Clutching the menu a little tighter, Xander drew in a breath and let it out slowly. Maybe...things won't be so bad here. Although, he kinda wished that he understood what the hell SP and CP meant on the menu. Is that the currency? Ma'at did mention that different pantheons had different forms of money, but she also said that everyone should accept the gold coins she had given them. With a small groan, Xander decided to ignore the issue for now. It's way too early to start worrying about currency exchange rates. After a while, the waitress came back with a water and a smile on her face, "Do you have any questions? What would you like to order?"

Xander's eyes flicked up from the menu for a moment before returning to it immediately. Pointing to the menu for emphasis, he curtly said, "Pop and rotisserie lamb." Internally he cringed. He hadn't meant to sound rude, but the way the words came out made him seem angry. With a strained smile, he added, "Please." That's worse. Now he looked psychotic. Or constipated. Either way it wasn't flattering. He'd have to leave her a tip to make it up to her. Desperately wanting to seem somewhat sane, the brunet pointed at one of the surrounding bookshelves. "Are these for read?" That was it. The final fucking nail in his coffin. Face burning, Xander sank a little in his chair as he willed the floor to open up and teleport him away once again. This was only his first conversation here and he had already messed it up so bad. Keeping his eyes fixed on the menu in front of him, Xander waited for the waitress's response.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Users who are viewing this thread

Back