• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy After World: The Argo Reports

Whats Your Interest?

• I'd Play It

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eh, I'd Lurk In It

• Sorry, Not For Me

• Total voters

MedievalMethods

Saturday Night Dragon-Slayer

AFTER WORLD

The Argo Reports!

Cover_Final_zps2101ccf6.jpg

An Alternative History of the Second World War

Suppose the Axis and Allies were forced to unite against an even greater foe?

Name: After World - The Argo Reports

Concept: This role play details the five-year exploits of the The Argo Expeditionary Force, a coalition group of Axis and Allied soldiers, scientists, and explorers who travel to a parallel Earth, called Æsir (Ah-Seer). They do this through an unexplained phenomena that are simply called "Maelstroms". Large, supernatural, freak storms who act as moving Bermuda Triangles, or bridges to alternative worlds and dimensions.

Genre(s):High Fantasy, Speculative Science Fiction, WW2, Alternative History, Parallel Worlds, Action-Adventure, Old Skool Role Play,

Type (Character/Faction/Nation):Character perspective, influenced by limited Faction and Nation play.

Detailed Description:

Of course, you've guessed, its not of the nations own accord. In After World, 1942 was the year a series of Maelstroms appeared simultaneously. Seemingly at random, they appeared in nations across the globe. Over, in and under national capitols, metropolitan areas, even battlefields. Out of them, the real enemy came. Monsters, people and creatures that could only be described as fantasy appeared en mass. The resulting deaths, destruction, confusion and mass panic caused a temporary cease fire between the major powers embroiled in the Second World War, as each addressed the otherworldly invasion within their own borders.

A few months after Pacification, a joint Russian, British, American, German, and Japanese venture titled Operation Unthinkable declared a task force, The Argo Expeditionary Force, to assemble with the job of penetrating the quarantine set up around the last Maelstrom still active: in Downtown, Berlin. The Lions Den. From there, they are to establish a beach head on whatever is on the other side, so that a more thorough investigation of what lies can be conduct. In the interest of all nations, so that another such incident doesn't happen again.

But Earths Second World War is by no means finished. Its merely postponed, by powers who are barely restraining themselves from being at each others throats. The scene will be very tense and filled with intrigue between Axis and Allied characters, which can either improve or worsen depending on player actions. That said, the world of Æsir carries a horde of its own problems, which Argo will become apart of, whether it wants to or not. What follows is the account of Earth and Æsir characters, the events the overcome and those they meet along the way, in which they explore, discover, forge ties, and fight in a World War much different than our own.

Overview Link: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/after-world-the-argo-reports.140162/

I have a lot of the OPs and Lore finished. Just hoping for a tour de force of interest in the OOC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Super ambitious. I am interested, just give a couple of days to make sure i've got the time/skills/brainspace to put together an app!

Yep. Breaking out my old d20. Skill points are allotted using the SPECIAL system. Modifiers are Character Class and Race, along with my own feature I'm calling Allegiance. Additional modifiers are clothing, enchanted equipment, special weapons etc.

Thanks! If you happen to know anyone who has the time and interest, please drop them a line about After World. And as always feel free to skim the IC and Lore page. I'm sure you'll find that time fun and well spent.

Did this already start? Where at?

Also I've not been on this website in over a year, so the update has me all confused. That and I never fully understood it in the week or two that I was on here how to use this site.

OOC and other pages have already been launched. The link for that is in my first post of the thread. IC won't be launched till Monday, to give people who are interested a chance to get their characters in.

If you have any other questions, feel free to drop them on me.

Looks friggin epic I checked out the thread it looks like you put a lot of work into this. I'm surprised you haven't just turned it into a book and published the darned thing. I'm sooo in it looks amazing one of the best and most in depth threads I've seen on the site so you got me sold

Users who are viewing this thread

Back