• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Aegis 3.0

"Who are you calling an old man here!?", Jim replied, shifting into his wolf form and going into the usual playing pose as well, playfully baring his teeth.
"You think you can catch me?", he chuckled, running circles around Ash, his tongue hanging out of his mouth.
"I'm getting quite dizzy here-"

While Angel was chuckling at what her brother said, Emily nodded softly.
"Yes, you're their uncle. And soon you'll be my brother-in-law. Crazy, right?"
As Emily heard the playful growling of Ash and Jim, she turned around to them with a soft smile.
"Just like kids."

((Idk XD))

"Good thing that I'm hella crazy for you too.", Mike replied, winking, nodding as Ava asked which brother was scared of driving.
"Dylan is. When he was 17 he had an almost fatal accident with a car and lost his legs. His brain was damaged so much that he literally forgot everything and went back on behaving like a three year old... so he might be kinda traumatized by cars."

"Don't worry, the school might seem really big but it's not that easy to get lost here.", Kai replied, smiling softly, nodding as Austin asked if he wanted a ride to the gym. "That'd be really nice of you, thank you! Man, I can't wait to get my own driver's license and get my own car... you know, my dad's a mechanic and he said he'd built all of us a car once we get our license."

Ash growled playfully, ducking slightly while he was watching his dad's movements closely.
A few seconds later, he darted to the side and tackled Jim with his shoulder, grinning as he stood above the wolf and just nonchalantly sat down on his shoulder with a triumphant smirk.
"Loser", he laughed, his eyes sparkling happily.

"If that aren't the dogs coming through", Rachel chuckled with a soft smile as she watched her husband and son while she walked up to Emily with a soft smile.
"Hey Ems", She hugged her future daughter-in-law carefully, so she wouldn't squeeze her grandchildren. "So great to finally see you two again. how are you all?"

((Found em!))
"Bet 50 dollar that they end up as a couple in ten years?", Raven chuckled silently to Tyler while she gently took his hand, fingers intertwined.
"I wonder where we will be then".
"Married!", Rose giggled, who apparently had heard them all along but didn't bother to bother about Raven's joke. "With a baby!"
Raven just blushed slightly, laughing awkwardly. "Hah- ahhh... Kids-"

"Oh man, that's heavy", Ava mumbled with big eyes, that however soon gained a confused expression.
"Wait a second- that means he somehow has been healed from that? If that's even possible? I mean, you said he has a girlfriend and is studying tech, right?"

"Oh wow, that sounds amazing!", Austin said with a wide smile as he tried to imagine Kai's father. "All I have left of my father is this." He held up his arm to show Kai the incredibly detailed snake bracelet on his left wrist. "He has been killed six years ago. Ever since...things went downhill with my mother."
Honestly he would have never told Kai this if he hadn't known that he was in the SOS service. But apparently he didn't mind listening to stuff like that, and it actually felt good to finally talk about it.
"So...what car do you want when you have your license?", He asked to lighten up the mood while he followed Kai to the cantina.

"I let you win.", Jim chuckled, just starting to lick all over Ash's fur, slightly tickling his chest.
"Ohhh- you haven't even met her yet!", he suddenly mumbled, a soft grin spreading on his face - making the wolf look slightly... psychotic, and he gently pushed Ash off of him.
"You'll love her!"
Shifting into his human form, heeling down in the snow, he quickly whistled - and it didn't take long before a white-brown Pitbull-mix came running towards them, throwing Jim over as she jumped up on him.
"This is- stop licking me! - this is - I said stop! - This is Echo and as you can see she doesn't yet really listen to me- Echo c'mon!", Jim was laughing softly while the dog was licking all over his face, lastly just nibbling on his nose.
"She's such a big baby."

"Rachel you look great. As always.", Emily replied to her future mother-in-law, a soft smile on her face.
"We're doing absolutely great. I can't wait to move back to Montana. I miss seeing nature.", she mumbled, slightly tilting her head as she looked back at Rachel.
"Mhm- can I ask you something?"

((good! XD))
"Maybe even two!", Tyler added to Rose's comment, smirking softly. "Who knows.", he winked at her, smiling as he looked over at Raven.
"Whoa, why are you so red? You alright?"

"Yeaaah that's the complicated stuff.", Mike mumbled, frowning softly. "It was like... my sister's boyfriend had this healing stuff ability and some other random guy had something like that too and they somehow healed him. And now I'm the dumbest of the family again.", he chuckled, winking. "But I don't really care how he was healed, I'm just glad he is healed."

Kai gasped silently, a sad expression forming on his face.
"Oh my god... I'm so sorry...", he mumbled silently, locking his gaze to the floor for a moment. "You know eh... I'm actually like- a dog. With a human shift. I bet you've heard of the HACK-anom war, right? Yeah well... my parents are probably the strongest anoms to exist, and thus HACK tried to create a monster of their DNA that could take them down. Three tests. All failed. The first one died, the second one is my oldest brother and the third one is me. Sure, we had abilities and we looked like them, but we by far weren't strong enough to take them on... and thus HACK tried to use us for experiments. I remember my grandpa telling me that my brother and some other dogs were saved my by dad and my aunt, but I was rescued years later by a soldier squad. One took me in, died and so I landed at my family. My real one.", he explained, akwardly scratching the back of his head. "I don't really know why I just told you this but eh... yeah.", he just smirked akwardly, opening the door that lead into the cantina, holding it open for Austin.
"And I don't really know what car I'd like. A Volvo XC 60 or XC 90 sounds good, but my dad's more the sportscar fanatic so it'll probably be like some super awesome and fast car."

Ash laughed softly as he watched Jim and echo, and lastly wagged his tail to greet the dog.
"She's super sweet. Best proof that pitbulls are no monsters. Where'd you her?"
He quickly shifted back as well, to pat the dog, giggling at her wide 'smile'.
"Yeaahh you're a great girl", he chuckled softly.
As all of a sudden a little puppy raced past him, Ash immediately reached out and carefully grabbed him by neck fur with his muzzle, pulling him back to him. "Where do you think you're going, young man?" That however didn't stop the little one from climbing all over him as Ash lay down in the grass.
"Oh great- ouch! Hey careful, that's my ear - he's figured how to run."

"And I miss seeing my son, daughter-in-law and grandkids", Rachel chuckled with a soft smile as she watched Ash and Benny for a moment.
Upon Emily asking if she could ask her something, she turned her head back to her. "Sure, always. What's it?"

Raven just blushed even deeper, smiling awkwardly at Tyler.
"I don't know!", She said awkwardly. "Is it warm in here or is that just me? Heh~"

"Well that of course explains everything", Ava chuckled, winking at Mike with a soft smile.
"As she parked in front of a huge sand stone entrance gate with a stone lion on top of it, she grinned at Mike. "Ready for the zoo?!"

Austin slightly tilted his head at Kai's story, his eyes once more gaining that fascinated expression as he listened intently.
"To be honest I haven't seen much of the war", he admitted finally. "Dad was gone for weeks on end to organize his troops, and always made sure my mother and me stayed safe. Been asking for years to learn more about him, but all I know is that he was a fantastic father and that he was killed by an anom. Some Paul guy."
He lifted his shoulders, smiling softly at Kai.
"I trailed off a bit... What I meant to say Is that I don't know much about the war. Honestly the whole 'creating a monster' thing is utterly new to me." He looked at a couple of students for a moment, as they made their way towards the food, wondering if the other student knew what exactly Kai was. Probably not, otherwise there would be at least one ass picking on him. "I feel like you told me because you're afraid of not being accepted as what you are", he mumbled with a side glance at Kai. "Just know I do."
Gently shoving his shoulder with his own, he smirked softly at Kai. "Louie, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship", he chuckled, imitating Rick in the last line of Casablanca.

While Echo was now already running around in the snow - really excited as this was her first time seeing and tasting it - Jim's eyes widened at the puppy who was cuddling with Ash.
"Oh my god Benny is so cute!", he gently petted the pup, smiling widely.
"I saved Echo from six men who had tied her up on one hind leg. She was beaten up, bleeding... I didn't think she'd make it. Mac saved her, and look at her. She has so much love to give."

Emily had let out a yell as Benny had suddenly escaped her arms, yet sighed relieved as she saw him with her dad.
"He is such an active pup.", she mumbled, smirking as she looked back at Rachel.
"Say, when are you going to tell us all about your baby?"

Tyler stared at Raven with big, sorrowful eyes, letting go of the shopping cart and holding her tightly in his arms - scared she might faint.
"Whoa whoa whoa, are you okay? It's cold as fu- hell here!", he gently touched her forehead, shaking his head. "You don't have a fever. That's good. But what's wrong then?"
"She's feeling akward!", Billie said, giggling.
"Mh? Why?", Tyler asked, raising an eyebrow as he looked at Raven.
"Because you said you want to marry and have babies with her!"
While Billie was chuckling with Rose, Tyler frowned embarrassed.
"Oh- I'm sorry. I didn't think about how strange that must sound thinking that we've only been together for like approximately ten hours! I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable."

Mike grinned widely at Ava, immediately grabbing the camera and waiting for her to say he could get out of the car.
He had never been this excited ever before. It had always been his dream to once visit a zoo, to see all the beautiful foreign animals and to learn about them.
And it was finally going to happen now!
Letting out an excited squeal, Mike just stared at Ava with big eyes who seemed like they were about to pop out of his body.
"YESSS!!"

If Kai would've had water in his mouth, he would've spit it out immediately - instead he just choked on air, coughing loudly for a moment until he was able to breathe normally again.
"Say what again?", he mumbled, staring at Austin with big eyes, not sure wether to be terrified or wether to feel sorry for the boy.
"Y-your dad's name isn't... Howard - is it?", he asked silently, gulping anxiously.
He felt how his body was already starting to fill itself with the surrounding energy so he could attack when needed, but he himself didn't really think that would be necessary.
Austin's mom probably had told him all those lies so Austin would listen to her.
My god, that poor kid.
"D-do you know w-what he did to my family...?"

Ash smiled softly as he watched echo play, a soft smile on his face. "She's super sweet. Look how excited she is! I'm glad you saved her, dad."
As Benny slightly started trembling from the cold that was quickly getting to him with his soft baby fur, he carefully used his nose to push the little pup up on his side, where his fluffy fur would warm his son, and more or less curled up around him. "You know, I love your view on dogs. You don't just see them as animals, but as equals. As friends. Quite nice to see that when you are a dog yourself."

Rachel eyes widened in Surprise as she stared at Emily for a moment, before a soft smile formed on her face.
"I was planning to tell everyone at the breakfast. Man my pill really isn't doing its job, hah!"

Raven just quickly shook her head, finally managing to smile softly as she buried her face into Tyler's chest and took a few deep breathes.
"It's not that", she mumbled silently. " Well, not entirely, at least? I just-"
She sighed soundlessly. "Angel and rose are my twins... Or however that's called with triplets- and Rose died because I was too powerful, already back then. And I'm kinda scared that that will happen again if i ever get pregnant...and that I won't be a good mom- "

Ava giggled softly as she kissed Mike's cheek and quickly went out of the car, already heading to the entrance to pay for their tickets.
The woman behind the counter looked at the two for just a second as Ava just wanted to order the tickets.
"One teenager and one adult, I see", she more or less yawned, leaving Ava to stare at her with glinting eyes.
"I AM TWENTY-FOUR!"
scoffing, she took the tickets and leaned against the gate to let Mike enter first, so he'd have a good view at everything. "Welcome to the 'Zoom'. You'll soon see why they named it like this. So we can visit Africa, Asia and Alaska. Where should we go first?"

Austin's eyes widened immediately as Kai asked about his father.
"...Davis!", hissed, pulling a knife out of his pocket and holding it quite low so no one would see it.
He was breathing heavily as he tried to make himself stab the boy in front of him, but soon sighed soundlessly and dropped the knife into the bin beside him. "I...I just can't...", He whispered more to himself, until his gaze wandered to a newspaper from six years ago, that was hanging in a frame, to show off a certain article.
'The Monster of Montana DEAD'
the entire report below basically listed every single one of Howard's crimes, from rape to murder, torture and kidnapping.
Austin's eyes widened with every word.
Lastly he just took a step back, fear and confusion written in his gaze as he looked from the papers to Kai.
That couldn't be true. The person they described there didn't sound like his father at all, hit it was the right name, right date, right place...
"I-...I don't understand...", He whispered, taking a step back...
And lastly just stormed out of the school and hid under the bleachers of the football court, tears streaking down his face.
What had just happened there? Howard had been a monster? His own dad? It all didn't make a sense anymore, what was right and what was wrong and where was his place now? With Kai, his new and unexpected friend?...if he still wanted to be his friend. Or under his mother's command like ever since his father had been killed? Alone without any of them in a world that didn't make a sense?
"What am I gonna do?!", He whimpered, digging his fingers into his hair.

"They might not be able to talk and they might walk on four legs - but they all have a bigger heart than some humans out there.", Jim replied, watching Echo try to eat the snow with a soft smile.
"She reminds me so much of Delta.", he mumbled, lowering his gaze to the floor for a moment before he looked back at Ash.
"I was eleven when I heard the whimpering in someone's backyard. The curious kid I was, I went to check it out - and I saw the most beautiful dog ever, half torn to shreds, protecting her already dead puppies.", he explained, his gaze wandering back to watch Echo.
"I got her out just in time. I stole a car and rushed her to the vet, all the way to Austin, Texas' capital and the nearest big city to Round Top. They told me she wouldn't make it. But man, she was a fighter. And only a couple of hours later she was already standing. She wouldn't let anybody but me touch her, and thus it was quite the struggle to get her to the operation room. We lastly succeeded and she came out fine. She'd been through so much pain, but she slowly learned how to be a real dog. She was my best friend - until she was killed four years later."

Emily giggled softly, smiling.
"Yeah, I know what you're talking about. We used both!", she replied, shaking her head before she looked back up at Rachel.
"So - excited?"

"I believe she died because you were three anoms in one small room. Your other sister didn't die, did she?", Tyler asked, smiling calmly. "It'll be fine. And I just know you'd be the best mom ever. I mean, look at you.", he winked - a confused frown suddenly appearing on his face.
"Wait a second. Rose died? How come she's alive then? And how come she's seven and Angel is two?!"

"Haha - come on teenie.", Mike laughed at Ava, walking through the gates, his eyes widening more and more with every step he took.
"So tell me, why is it called 'Zoom'?", he asked, tilting his head. "And where should we go first? I don't know. Everywhere? Africa? Or Asia? Or Alaska? I don't know!"

Kai was staring in front of him with huge, terrified eyes, his heart racing that fast that he was hardly able to breathe.
Can't.... breathe-
He lastly leaned against the wall and slid down onto the floor so he could at least try to calm down a bit.
And so, finally, after what seemed like an eternity for him, his heartbeat had slowed down and he was finally able to breathe again.
"Escaped another heartattack.", he mumbled to himself, slowly getting up and looking into the bin with the knife for a second.
What should he do?
Go and try to find Austin? Or not?
That boy wanted to kill him!
But he didn't...
Why am I like this!?
He rolled his eyes, grabbed his bag that had fallen to the floor, and made his way outside.
Now, where would somebody hide if they wouldn't want to be found?
Where had Kai hidden before?
"Of course -", he turned to the bleachers of the football court, slowly, and hesitantly, approaching.
Crying sounds.
"A-austin?", he whimpered, gulping nervously. "I-I'm not here to h-hurt you in any way... a-are you o-okay?", he asked, feeling how his heartbeat was already fastening once more.

Ash let out a sad Yelp as he listened to his father's story and lastly gently pushed his head against his leg.
"I'm sorry you lost her, dad", he sighed silently. "I bet she loved you just as much as echo does. Look how happy she is. Look how happy everyone here is. You seem so much steadier and more stable since I saw you the last time. I'm glad to see you're doing better, dad."
Smiling softly, he put his paw on Jim's shoe, since he could reach anything else right now.
"I'm proud of you."

"As hell!", Rachel sighed happily, with sparkling eyes.
"You should have seen how excited Jim was, though! You know, none of our kids was a normal pregnancy, and now that this one seems to he- i guess it's feeling like the first time for him. Really cute."

"Mort- eh, Death- brought her back, sacrificing himself", Raven explained, the look in her eyes making more than clear how much she admitted him and how thankful she was. "Ghosts age faster sometimes, so rose was already about four when Mort brought her back."
"I died because I'm not as powerful as Raven and angel", Rose explained as her sister silenced. "Angel was strong enough to survive Raven's lightning outburst, but I wasn't."

"Hey, who's the teenie here?!", Ava laughed challengingly. "I'm two years older than you!"
As mike got all excited about the different areas, she just lifted her shoulders, smiling softly.
"I'll leave it up to you, sweetie. What are you the most excited for?"

"She told me he had been working on neither side, just doing what was necessary to protect our family", Austin whispered completely overwhelmed. "And now I have to find out he had another family and was...the monster of Montana?! Did you read that report?! Brothers?! I have three dead half-brothers?!"
He just buried his face in his hands for a moment, before he wiped his tears away and just stared in front of him. ",He almost killed your parents...did all those things to your brother and you..."
Finally, he turned around to Kai with big eyes.
Why did he follow him after everything that had happened? Why was he still here acting as if he was the one who would have to say that he didn't want to hurt him? Everything seemed like a twisted contorted version of the world he thought he knew.
"Why are you here...?", He whispered silently. "I... I was about to kill you and you come running after me like that?"
A very, very faint soft smile crossed his face. "Your heart is bigger than it's healthy for you man..."

"I honestly don't really know how I suddenly went from nervous trainwreck to... this.", Jim mumbled thoughtfully. "And even though I'm really glad everybody is doing great and such, but I'm honestly quite scared that I'll fall back, but deeper. It'd just take a few of the correct words, a trigger or something similar and poof - I'd be the crappy human once more."
He sighed silently, looking up into the sky for a moment.
"I just don't want to hurt anyone of you again."

Emily awed softly, smiling.
"Aww, I bet his reaction was super cute when you told him.", she replied. "So you're a mother of seven, and yet this will be your first approximately nine month-pregnancy?"

"That's what you don't seem to get.", Tyler mumbled to Raven once Rose had spoken up.
"From how I first met Rose, she's only recently discovered her shift, yeah? So what she said is true, she wasn't as powerful as you and your other sister, Angel. However if you were to have a baby, it wouldn't be able to die of a lightning blast or whatever - because it's still connected to you. Know what I'm trying to say

"You're not!", Mike protested, raising an eyebrow at Ava - yet quickly focusing on the zoo again. "Tigers are in Asia and Lions in Africa... hmmmmmmm- alright then, Africa it is!"

"From what I just experienced, I'm guessing your mother told you all that so you'd believe that your father had been a great man, all so you could come to Montana to... kill us all? As revenge for us killing him?", Kai mumbled, slightly tilting his head. "Maybe your mother didn't know what kind of a monster your father was, or maybe she did - but nonetheless that doesn't mean you have to act like him too..."
He put his bag on the floor and slowly crawled under the bleachers, sitting down next to Austin.
"And why I'm here? Because you need my help. And probably because I'm too stubborn to listen to my head.", he explained, smiling softly as Austin mentioned Kai having a too big heart.
"Nah, on the contrary. It's too small. Almost got me killed without you even touching me."

"you will learn to be more resistant towards your triggers eventually", Ash said with a soft smile, before he gently licked over Benny's fluffy head as he cuddled against his side.
"If I could do it, you can do it too. And mayrose really is a fantastic psychiatrist.bet you already noticed that. Trust me, she will help you learn being steadier on a long term."

Rachel nodded at Emily.
"Yeah, Jack only took about a week, angel and Raven were eggs, Rose died but was brought back to life and ash and Kai both were saved from the hack labs. William took about seven months, but we missed most of it because of Drake's attack and the resulting coma."

Raven just let out a soundless sigh and lifted her shoulders.
"Can we just change the topic?", She mumbled. "C'mon, we still have to pay for what we bought and prepare everything for the breakfast."

"Practise calculating", Ava chuckled. You're 22, right? And I'm 24. Two years."
Smirking softly, she nodded as mike decided for Africa and pointed at a huge wooden gate in African style. "This way!"
Right the first habitat was the one with the Lions, a beautiful, vast place for them, but with thick glass walls instead of the usual fence.
""Zoom- because you get far closer than normally", she explained smirking, as the lion stopped right in front of the glass, watching them closely.

Austin's eyes widened as Kai mentioned that his too small heart just almost got him killed, and looked at him with a sad gaze.
"Oh God, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to threat your life. I mean, I did mean to, but, did- did, like, before I got to know you and-"
He facepalmed, before he ran his hand through his hair and slightly shook his head.
"I... It will surely take quite some time until I figured this all out...", He mumbled. "But I just want you to know that neither you nor your family are facing any threat because of me. I promise."
He smiled the smallest of smiles at Kai, hesitating for a second before he carefully put one hand on his shoulder.
"Thank you, by the way. You didn't have to run after me; still you did, although you barely know me and I bared a knife at you. you know- I mean, I'd understand if you wouldn't want to have anything to do with me after what just happened, but- you're a great friend."
As the football team walked by, Austin looked after them for a moment, raising one eyebrow. "I really don't know why so many are after those football guys. I mean, okay, they're good-looking, but most of them so have no brain at all..."
He blushed slightly, rubbing his neck. "I mean, eh- not that it would interest me or so. Heh."

Last edited:
"I really hope so.", Jim replied, smiling softly at Ash. "So, how do you like being a father 'till now? The babies giving you nice, sleepless nights?", he asked, smirking as it seemed as if Benny was grinning proudly because his parents hardly got any sleep because of him - and his sister probably too.
He suddenly awed silently as Jasmine joined them, looking up at her grandfather with big eyes until she just turned around and tried to catch her father's tail.
"Man puppies are cute."

"I can understand why you and Jim are that excited then. It'll be the first time for both of you to just have a normal pregnancy, to see your belly grow... it'll be great.", Emily replied, smiling softly. "And knowing how much Ash and his father are alike, Jim will very probably act like Ash did too. So prepare yourself for a super over-protective husband who'll carry you everywhere.", she giggled, winking. "Look at him.", she mumbled as she turned to look at her fiancé and kids. "So perfect."
As she noticed that she had just been staring at Ash for a good few minutes, she akwardly turned back to Rachel.
"Whoops, sorry-"

Tyler sorrowfully looked after Raven, frowning for a moment, until he grabbed the cart and pushed it towards one of the many cash registers.
"It'll be more of a brunch than a breakfast.", he winked, smirking at Raven before he started putting the stuff onto the assembly line.

"You look 18. I thought you were like... 20 at max.", Mike replied, laughing akwardly and just following the path that lead to the Africa part.
Once they had arrived at the lions, his jaw dropped and he let out a happy squealing.
"Look at it! It's so beautiful! And so near!", he was giggling excitedly while he turned on the camera and immediately shot some pictures.
"Wow."

"Oh don't worry about that. You didn't want to. Okay you did but now not anymore... right?", Kai just raised an eyebrow at Austin, letting out a chuckle afterwards. "I get how weird this must be for you. For both of us!"
As Austin said he'd understand if Kai wouldn't want to be his friend anymore, Kai just shook his head, a soft smirk on his face.
"C'mon, I wouldn't want to ruin the start of a great friendship now.", he replied, winking - watching the football team as well once they walked past.
"You're right though. Like, some of them might look quite okay, but they're all dumb as hell and it's got no point trying to talk to them. I really don't get why all those girls like them so much. I'd much prefer a boy then who'd be ugly as fuck but who'd have a good heart and with whom you could actually have conversations with.", he mumbled - his eyes widening as he realized what he had just said.
"Like, you know, if I were a girl."

Ash grinned softly, gently ruffling Jasmine's fur with his nose before he carefully pulled her out of the snow as well. He still remembered almost freezing to death in winter, when he still had been just a little puppy. This puppy fur just wasn't made for such cold yet.
"Actually I love it", he said with softly sparkling eyes. "Sure, they keep us awake quite a bit, but I love them so much. I swear, every wake hour is worth it."

Rachel chuckled softly as she watched her son and his puppies for a moment too, before she smiled at Emily.
"No need to apologize for anything, sweetie. Man look at them- we really got the best men in the world. How careful Ash is with the little ones. I don't think any mother could be more proud of her son. He's turned out great."

Raven quickly help Tyler, and gently wrapped her arms around his waist when she had finished.
"And hey- married sounds good", she mumbled with a soft smile, blushing slightly once more. "I love you, you sly fox. And I'm so looking forward to meeting my whole family again!!", She squeaked excitedly.

"Misguessed by six years", Ava laughed as she went to her heels in front of the lion and put her hand against the glass- the lion putting his paw against it from the other side.
"I've just stopped growing really early", she explained. "And regular workouts do the rest."
As she got up again and stood up on her tiptoes to kiss Mike, she grinned softly. "Hey, should I make a photo of you with the lion?"

Austin sighed relieved as Kai said that he still was his friend and just squeezed him in a tight hug for a moment, smiling softly.
Actually, he didn't mind Kai knowing that he was gay. Towards everyone else he would have been far more closed up about it, but he honestly felt like could talk to Kai about everything without being judged.
"I totally agree with you", he said nodding.
"I mean, what would the hottest abs bring without a brain? My ex, Chester- God bless him- built like a stickman, but incredibly intelligent and down to earth. We spent nights talking and discussing about everything. And he took it like a gentleman when I broke up with him because we just were heading into completely different directions, regarding the future. I mean, that's a hundred times better than a brainless jock!"
A soft smirk appeared his face as he watched the team training, some of them shirtless. "Though I have to admit I don't mind watching them from the distance. Okay that sounded far creepier than it was meant to!", He laughed awkwardly.

Jim smiled softly at Ash and his grandkids, gently ruffling his son's fur.
"And how is Emily recovering from the births?", he asked, chuckling as Jasmine tried to bite her father's ear - yet she wasn't big enough to reach it.
"Oh this'll be the babies' first christmas! I'll have to be quick with coming up for an idea- okay got one."

"They have their flaws, but look at them. I wouldn't want to have anyone else beside me but Ash.", Emily mumbled dreamily, a loving smile on her face.
"Can I ask you a question...?", she asked silently, turning to Rachel once more. "Is it just Ash or are angry demons really terrifying?"

"I love you too, dumb bunny.", Tyler replied, winking at her with a soft smirk on his face. "And I can't wait to meet your entire family. I bet they're all great."
As the cashier had registered all the supplies, Tyler akwardly looked over at Raven.
"I promise next time I'll pay for everything - I just may have spent the last bit of my money on the movie tickets that I'd 'won'."

Mike nodded excitedly as Ava suggested taking a picture of him with the lion, immediately handing the camera to her.
"I can't wait to show these to my family!", he said, grinning. "I bet they'll be super jealous!"

Kai just listened closely to Austin, his gaze concentrating on the boys that were training, his mind being in a total different place than he should be.
His stomach was feeling really strange. Not aching, but still felt as if his guts were moving. Was he getting sick?
He was woken up from his thoughts as Austin suddenly started laughing, Kai just akwardly joining in, mumbling 'yeah...'.
"So eh - should we just grab something to eat? I believe I'm starting to get quite hungry here."

Ash smirked softly at his daughter and slightly lowered his h head, so she could reach his fluffy ears to play with them.
"Emily is doing great", he said with a soft smile. "We actually wanted to ask you or Mom if you could heal the scar though", he mentioned. "So she can play with the little ones too."
And with the big one as well, hehe.

"Yeah, exactly", Rachel said with a soft smile as she she watched Jim, her eyes sparkling.
"That's what he doesn't understand. I love him entirely, with all his perfect imperfections."
As Emily asked about angry demons, she nodded intently.
"Oh yes, they can be. But, regarding Jim, I know that no demon soul in the world could be black enough, no wrath burning enough to make him hurt me, even when he loses control. That's why I'm not scared of Jim's demon anymore."

Raven just smiled softly as she turned to Tyler to kiss him, before she went to pay for everything.
"Bye, have a nice day!", She said to the lady behind the cash register, and wiggled her eyebrows at Tyler. "I honestly doubt we'll see much of the film- well probably be busy smooching around all the time."

Ava smirked softly as she took a couple of photos of Mike and the lion, from the perfect angle, do the glass wall wasn't even visible and it looked like the lion and Mike were standing side by side.
"You look awesome on these photos", she said with a proud grin. "And in real life as well!"
Smiling happily, she handed the camera back to Mike. "Will I meet your family sometime?"

Austin smirked softly as he nodded at Kai's suggestion and got up from the metal bar he had been sitting on.
"Hey, Kai- thanks again. You're really someone special with your good heart."
He held out his hand to Kai as an offer to help him up and smirked gently.
"We have to hurry, though. Sports lesson start in fifteen minutes, so I'd suggest eating in the car on our way to the gym. You okay with that?"

‘‘You‘ll have to ask your mother to do that.“, Jim replied, smiling akwardly. "I might have given my healing abilities to Robyn - a girl from the rescued kids‘ center of abusive homes.“, he explained, slightly tilting his head as he watched his son closely.
"You look so peaceful. Beautiful."

"So... you think Ash is like that too?", Emily asked silently, playing around with a streak of her hair. "I mean... I saw him this morning like that... and I just- I was scared he'd do something to me because we'd had fought just before.", she mumbled thoughtfully, sighing silently. "He dragged three men into our apartment which he had beaten up. There was blood on his shirt! I was- I was terrified..."

"Duh, that was my intention.", Tyler replied, winking at Raven - Billie just making a disgusted face.
Carrying all the bags. Tyler quickly made sure they hadn't forgotten anything before turning to Raven.
"Should we teleport home then so we can prepare everything?"

Mike quickly checked up on the photos, his eyes widening excitedly.
"Man these look amazing!", he grinned happily as he looked back at Ava, giving her a soft kiss.
"And of course you'll meet my family. I'd love it to be as soon as possible!"

Kai helped himself up with Austin's hand, smiling thankfully.
"Oh yeah, sure. No problem.", he replied, smiling softly at him. Grabbing his bag up from the floor and swinging it over his shoulder, he quickly looked at Austin from the corner of his eye.
Damn.
"Alrighty - so wanna pick up the food or just already drive and eat afterwards?"

"wait, how did you heal Will's eyes then?", Ash asked slightly confused, before he smiled softly as his father said it was beautiful how peaceful he looked.
He softly cuddled his head against his little puppies for a moment, closing his eyes peacefully, before he looked up at jim again, with brightly sparkling eyes.
"It's strange... When Ems and me found out that we were going to be parents at such a young age, I was so scared. But now... I'm not scared anymore. Not at all. Just incredibly happy. I feel like I'm finally complete."

"I know my son", Rachel said with a soft smile, gently wrapping one arm around Emily's shoulders. "He has the hot temper of his father. But just like Jim, when he loves, he loves entirely and unconditionally, and he would do everything to protect the ones he cares about, and go even further for the ones he loves."
She carefully wiped a streak of hair out of Emily's face, her shining Amber eyes sparkling gently. "He would never lay a hand on you or your kids."
All of a sudden, a grin spread on her face. "Ohhh, by the way! Your oldest brother has a girlfriend now! and I'm pretty sure he's really serious about it this time. He voluntarily wanted to give up his job, just be able to be together with her."

"Totally!", Raven said with an excited grin and immediately teleported the four of them into their living room.
While was Rose was already mapping out how Billie and her could build their tree house, Raven gently took Tyler and the bags with her into the kitchen, to store everything they wouldn't need for the brunch.
"By the way-", she asked with a curious smirk as she leaned against the counter, watching Tyler with a loving smile. "If we hadn't come together before our trip to the cinema- what would you have done? Did you have some kind of plan mapped out or where you just hoping that something might happen?"

Ava smiled happily at Mike as she walked on, stopping as she found herself face to face with an elephant- the glass just high enough to prevent them from running off.
She gently touched the huge animal's trunk, before she turned to Mike again.
"Y'know, this might sound weird but; imagining to be a part of a family again- it feels just so amazing." Her eyes were sparkling brightly as she smiled softly at her boyfriend. "I love you, Mikey."

"Eating afterwards sounds like a good idea as well", Austin said with a shrug. "If I've read the schedule correctly, we have a spare period after the two sports lessons, so then we would have loads of time to go eat somewhere. On me; take it as a lame attempt to make up for having opened to stab you.", He said winking.
Smiling happily, he watched Kai from the corner of his eye for a moment, lastly pressing the remote key of his car as he stopped in front of it. "Ah, wait a second."
He put his bag down on the floor and opened the passengers door and back door to grab a huge stack of books and blocks and throw them on the back seat. "Alright, passengers seat is free. Excuse the chaos inside, I've been preparing to study engineering until my mother changed her plans and sent me here."
As he took a seat on the driver's seat and buckled on, he grinned happily at Kai. "Where would you like to have lunch then? I don't know the town yet."

A sad, yet soft smile appeared on Jim's face as he looked at Ash, side-glancing at William for a moment.
"There is this really old spell that takes decades for normal demons to perfect, but for the devil it was easy-peasy.", he explained. "I used it to give William his eyesight. In return, I gave up my car."
His gaze quickly wandered over to their garage, and he just stared at it for a moment, before he looked back at his son.
"I don't think you'll understand, but it hurts. However, maybe like this I can finally try to let go of my past. There's nothing anymore that could remind me of it. No weapons, no car-", he smirked softly at Ash, running his hand through his hair. "And you know what? A new car, built with the entire family, doesn't even sound that bad."

"Thank you, Rachel.", Emily replied, smiling calmly - flinching as Rachel suddenly yelled at her.
"Wait wait wait. Did you just say Mike has a girlfriend?", she repeated, laughing. "And apparently he's serious about it? That's really hard for me to believe.", she shook her head, clearly not believing that her brother could be serious about love.
"So you say he wanted to give up his job for her? Are you talking about Dylan? Mike doesn't have a job."

Tyler chuckled akwardly, helping Raven store everything.
"Oh well- I might've planned a romantic dinner after the cinema trip. You know, candle light, roses, music - I'd ask you to dance and I'd just hope something would happen.", he admitted, smirking softly. "And if we wouldn't have gotten together before the cinema trip, I would've just pretended to be your friend with no feelings involved - even though the entire police department shipped us and knew of my feelings for you."

Mike was happily taking some pictures of his beautiful girlfriend and the elephant, his eyes sparkling lovingly.
"I love you even more, beautiful.", he replied, sighing happily.
He slowly approached the elephant too, stretching out his hand to touch its trunk - grinning widely once he felt the strange skin.
"Oh my goooood! I'm touching an elephant!!"

"My dad would fanboy if he saw your car.", Kai mumbled, chuckling, sitting down on the passenger's seat and buckling on as well.
"So you want to become an engineer?", he asked as he turned around to take a look at the dozen of books. "That's pretty cool."
He smiled softly as he turned forwards again, thinking of where they could go eat after PE.
"Well there is this really great Chinese restaurant here. Or Italian, if you prefer that. I honestly don't mind, I like everything."

Ash's eyes widened slightly, before he, since he couldn't shift or stand up right now because his kids were laying on his side, rested his head on Jim's foot, making puppy eyes and a silent helping sound.
"I understand, dad. More than you might know. and the more proud of you I am for doing this."
Smiling softly, he pushed his head against Jim's leg for a moment. "And of course I will gladly help you build a new car. I bet everyone else will want to help as well. We will build the greatest car ever together."
Benny, who was listening to his dad and his grandpa with big eyes suddenly opened his little muzzle, letting out a silent bark that slowly form into a word.
"Tar!"
"What did you say Benny?", Ash asked with big eyes, looking at his father for a moment before back at his son. "Tar!"
"Car?"
The little puppy nodded.
"Coming right after his grandpa", Ash laughed proudly as he ruffled Benny's fur with his nose.

"Well, your dear mother-in-law and stepfather got him a job", Rachel said with a mischievous smirk. "Where he got to know his girlfriend. Wait!"
Using her omnipresence, she showed Emily a vision of Ava and Mike at the zoo.
"I've never seen Ava smiling before", Rey said happily.

"Oh wow, you are so sweet", Raven sighed happily as she imagined the romantic dinner with Tyler.
"It really sounds heavenly. There's just one little catch in your plan; I can't dance."
She blushed slightly as she smiled awkwardly at Tyler.
"I would have stepped on your feet all the time or tripped or whatever other embarrassing thing else."
Chuckling softly, she kissed his cheek. "My plan actually was much less beautiful. All i could come up with was that I would invite you to the ice rink, and, since I can't ice skate as well, fall onto you and hope something would happen from that. Pretty stupid, heh?"

Ava smiled happily as she watched Mike and the elephant, and quickly took a couple of photos when the huge animal wrapped its trunk around Mike's shoulders as if they were best buddies.
"I'm so gonna frame and hang this up!", She said grinning, before two birds landed, one on her shoulder, one on Mike's.
"Lovebirds!", Ava squealed surprised as she carefully stroked over its head.
"These are awesome! Once they found a partner, they stay together for a lifetime- about 15 years. Longer than quite a few human marriages", she chuckled. "They share a nest, cuddle, get food for eachother...might sound odd coming from me, but they are my favorite animals."

"Chinese sounds great", Austin said nodding as he started the engine and drove off towards the gym.
Luckily just in time, arriving at the same time as the PE teacher.
"Close one", he said smirking, following the rest of the guys into the dressing room, his mind racing for a moment.
Hopefully Kai wouldn't feel too awkward changing into his sports stuff now, since he knew that Austin's ex had been a guy- and he therefore either had to be gay or hi or pan, which all involved liking guys.
He just tried to push his slightly rising anxiety aside as he quickly slipped out of his jeans and put on his knee length dark grey sports shorts, avoiding to look at anyone as he pulled his shirt over his head and rummaged around in his sports bag for a moment until he found the shirt. He had just grabbed the stuff for school sports that he always used for kickboxing lessons as well.
"Dude, tell me your workout!", Some random guy of his class with well-trained arms but a slight belly asked with a raised eyebrow.
"Kickboxing and running, six days a week, and occasionally allround training", Austin said, by now definitely awkward. "You just have to find the right balance between the areas you're working out, or you'll end up with arms like Dwayne Johnson and an ass like Kevin James." A few guys laughed at the image Austin had just set in their heads, who however just sat down on the next bench and smiled awkwardly. "So what's up in PE right now?", He asked into the room without addressing anyone specifically.

"And we'll tune it up and give it a nice paint job... will make all the kids jealous when grandpa Jim comes to pick up his grandchildren from kindergarten.", Jim replied, winking at Ash - his eyes widening as Benny spoke up.
"Yes, car!", he grinned excitedly, softly ruffling the little pup's head.
"I am so proud of you, little one. Good job!"

Emily stared at the vision with big eyes, not believing what she was seeing there.
Her brother was smiling. Smiling as brightly as never before.
His eyes were open, sparkling.
Laughing.
"He- he's so happy.", she whispered with big eyes, a soft smile appearing on her face. It was true that Mike and Emily weren't on the best terms, but even she wanted him to be happy and to finally find someone he could love - and who loved him.
And now that he had, she was more than happy.
"She looks so sweet. How old is she? 18?"

Tyler chuckled softly, gently kissing Raven's cheek while he already grabbed the cutlery they needed for the big family brunch.
"I would've gladly caught you - while dancing or falling.", he replied, smirking. "And just because we're together doesn't mean we can't go to the ice rink or have romantic dinners."
He sighed happily as he watched his little brother with Rose for a moment, both talking excitedly about how they would build their tree house.
"I couldn't be happier to have been a criminal."

Mike gasped as well, just staring at the bird with big eyes.
"Oh my god it's so cute!"
He quickly grabbed his phone and took some pictures as Ava was still holding the camera, and carefully put his phone back in the pocket of his jacket as he had finished.
"Just like swans. They have one partner in their entire life and stay with them until they die. Some swans have even committed suicide when their partner had died."

Kai had taken the moment where the other boys had been busy laughing at Austin's joke to his advantage, and had quickly changed into his sportswear. While most of the boys were joking with each other and were pushing each other around, Kai just grabbed his water bottle and an asthma inhaler and waited for Austin to get up and follow him into the hall.
"We got football... hurray."

"ohh we already made all the kids jealous when dad Jim came to pick up little Ash from his first school basketball game", Ash said with a soft smile, slightly shaking his head afterwards.
"Feels like so long ago. A lot has been happening lately, hm? But we all came out fine."
Turning his head to Emily, he grinned widely. He didn't know what Rey was showing her, since they apparently shared a vision right now, but both seemed really happy. "Hey Dad? I believe I never really thanked you. You always supported and encouraged me to go my way. I don't think I would be where I am now without you."

Rachel laughed softly as she shook her head.
"You're mistaken by six years. Happens quite often though. Her name is Avania "Ava" Romanov. She's 24 years old."
She was smiling softly as she saw how happy the girl she had found completely devastated in the gutter was today.
"She's a caster, eh- a witch- and boss of the publicity department of my company."

"Oh hell we will have epic romantic dinners!", Raven said with a loving grin as she playfully poked Tyler's side. "And I need my handsome boyfriend to teach me ice skating- if he wants to."
As Tyler said he was glad having been a criminal, she laughed up loudly. "You better don't let the chief here that", she chuckled.

"Remember that swan that had fallen in love with the swan-shaped boat?", Ava giggled softly as she took Mike's hand to walk on. "He was all over the news for weeks. They had to give up the boat because he just wouldn't let go. That boT can be happy to be loved so dearly!"

Austin just made an unhappy face as he got up and followed Kai.
From own experience he could tell- there were two types of guys in PE classes; those who loved football, and those who hated he. He wasn't a fan of it, but he usually managed to intimidate the others enough to make them stay away.
Guessing from the inhalator, and his father sweet and careful Personality, Kai was the one who ended up on the floor 'for fun'.
He slightly leaned closer to Kai so only he would hear him talk.
"Hey, i got this. They won't push you around again, okay?"
He winked at his friend, smiling softly.
The game wasn't even going for ten minutes when all of a sudden, Austin broke down with a pain twisted face.
"My knee!", He groaned, followed by a completely made up story on how he had gotten a permanent injury in his left knee-deep which of course was bullshit since Austin was actively doing kickboxing, but the teacher of course didn't know.
"Should someone bring you to the school nurse?"
"Yes please...", Austin groaned.
"Do you have already found any friend you'd like to bring you there?"
Austin took a perfectly faked painful breath. "Kai-..."
"Davis, get Chase to the doc!"

"I just did what a good father does. You are who you are not because of me, but because of yourself.", Jim replied, smiling proudly at his son.
"And damn, you can be proud of who you are. I know I am.", he smiled happily, gently stroking over Benny's head. Jasmine seemed to have fallen asleep, her tongue hanging out of her mouth, snoring silently.
"They're so cute."

"She's 24!? No way! Even I look older than she does, and I'm 17!", Emily replied, baffled that Ava was indeed 'that old' already.
"So she's a witch? I didn't know those really existed. But if gods exist, then why not witches? Quite cool."

"Who's that handsome boyfriend you keep talking about? Is it that Daniel-guy who operates the front desk? Hmmm? hmmmmm?", Tyler joked, laughing. "Of course I'd teach you. Haven't ice skated in a while. I honestly didn't think Americans would have that kind of stuff."

Mike chuckled softly at Ava, looking around with big eyes.
"Well even animals know that the body size doesn't matter.", he replied, winking. "There's also in a theme park in the Netherlands this swan who lost his partner. She keeps cuddling with the trash bins because she thinks her reflection is her partner. Really sad actually."

Kai immediately helped Austin get up and helped him over to the dressing room and putting him down on a bench.
"Are you okay? Can you make it to the nurse? Or should I call them and send somebody here?", he asked sorrowfully, immediately handing Austin his water bottle. "Need something to drink? Does it hurt a lot?"
Just in that exact moment it struck him.
Austin had only pretended to be hurt. How would he be able to kickbox on the regular with a hurt knee?
"What- why did you do that?"

Ash smiled lovingly as Benny cuddled into his chest fur while he watched Jasmine sleep.
His eyes were sparkling like the stars.
"Of course they are cute", he mumbled softly. "They are my little puppies. They are just perfect."
Sure, basketball, his big dream, meant a lot to him. And he would never entirely stop playing, even if was just throwing hoops on the meadow. Big his family- nothing could ever be as important to him as his family.
"I didn't know someone could love one else so much...until i met my Ems and our little ones were born. I feel like I'm about to explode of happiness!"

"I once knew a cat shifter. His shift was tiny as a few weeks old kitten, but he enhanced his claws with dog teeth. His hit was like four massive scalpels cutting through everything in its way", Rachel explained with a slightly mischievous smirk, even though there also was a hint of deep respect towards that guy in her voice. "Never judge a book after it's cover-up this girl is 5 feet 3 inches concentrated power. And 1 inch insanity. But she has a good heart, and when that comes through, well, even the mikes of this world melt away like butter in the sun."

"Oh sure, he's the man of my dreams", Raven laughed sarcastically, wrinkling her nose.
A minute of laughing later however, she slightly shook her head and smiled softly.
"Seriously though- Daniel might look like a tractor drove over his face, but he's a good guy. Very helpful and nice. I like him. As a friend."
Smirking softly, she raised one eyebrow. "I certainly know there's one in New York."

Ava frowned sadly at what Mike told her.
"That's really sad", she mumbled softly. "Maybe I'll teleport there and cast her partner back to life sometime..."
As a bunch of meerkats came into sight, digging and watching, she giggled softly, pointing at them with a half grin. "I wonder if they sing 'digga tunnah' while digging around", she joked.

Austin just smirked his most evil smirk and gave Kai a short pat on his cheek.
"Exactly bud, I'm totally fine", he chuckled with mischievously sparkling eyes before he used the edge of his shirt to wipe some sweat off his forehead.
"I just don't like seeing my friend being pushed around constantly. I mean, yes, we're supposed to be enemies... But-"
He shrugged, holding Kai's water bottle to him with his most raunchy smirk.
"My friends in New York didn't give me my nickname "Loki" without a reason, I guess. Autographs every monday and Wednesday." He winked, laughing softly, before his cheeky expression softened and he flashed a gentle smile at Kai. "I mean what friend would I be if I wouldn't at least try to make sure you're okay? And hey, if it involves skipping two annoying lessons with someone like you- win-win."

Last edited:
"Yeah, I know what it feels like.", Jim replied, smirking proudly at Ash. He was so happy. Those eyes were sparkling brighter than ever before. It was amazing to see him like this.
"So, already got ideas for your wedding to Emily? She's turning 18 soon, isn't she?"

"I didn't say I wouldn't trust her to beat somebody up. I'm not someone to judge.", Emily replied, still watching the vision with big eyes.
"She looks like a sweet girl. I think she'll do my brother good. Look at how he's smiling. It's the same smile Ash gives me when I'm with him. Beautiful."

"I know. Daniel once let me sleep over at his place. He's really a nice guy.", Tyler replied, smiling softly. "All over to New York? Don't they have one near us?", he asked, not too fond of the idea to return to The Big Apple.
"Hey, shouldn't we hurry up a bit with the food? I bet everybody's waiting for us already."

"I saw her... she won't let anyone get near the bin. She even brings it food...", Mike mumbled sadly, sighing. "Though I believe they said she was ill, and old. She might already be dead."
As they arrived at the merkats, he immediately grabbed the camera again and made some pictures.
"What was that name again of that merkat in The Lion King? Pumbaa? No that was the pig... Timon! Yeah, Timon! So which one of you is Timon?", he asked, chuckling.

Kai chuckled, shaking his head.
"You're horrible.", he replied, running his hand through his blonde hair for a moment. "Though I must admit, that was Oscar-worthy acting there.", he winked, sitting down next to Austin on the bench.
"But you really didn't have to. I don't mind the pushing, it's common in sports like football. And I'm just too scared to push back, I might hurt them quite badly. What annoys me most is our teacher...", he mumbled sadly, lowering his gaze to the floor.
"You see, my dad went to this school too. One year, when he was 15 or 16. And though he skipped most of school, he was hell of an athlete... and was literally in every fucking sports team this school has. Our teacher was his teacher back then too. So he thinks I'm just as good as my dad, but I'm not. I'm not able to sprint long distances, I'm not able to play for too long - and he just... he keeps saying what a shame it is that I'll never be as good as my dad. I was thinking about telling him so he could maybe tell the teacher to stop, but I'm scared he might be disappointed in me. Or that he might slaughter the teacher. He's got this little aggression-being-the-strongest-demon-problem."

Ash nodded excitedly as a proud grin formed on his face.
"I've written and composed the song for our wedding dance all on my own- took me weeks."
He carefully shifted back, so he could get to his phone, holding both his puppies in one arm while he showed his father a photo. "When we first met, Emily had been at the store to buy spoons for Dylan's spoon house- he was still handicapped at that time. After he was healed they threw away everything- the spoons, the baby toys... I dug through the scrapyard for month to find exactly the spoons she had bought back then, and made this bracelet from the handles of two of them."
His gaze gained a slightly nervous expression. "You think she'll like it?"

"Unbelievable how two persons can change eachother, hm?", Rachel mumbled with a soft smile, looking in Jim's direction for a moment. "Ava used to be cold as a fridge, and now she's all happy and laughing. Almost like they were meant for eachother..."

"You got something against new York?", Raven asked with a slightly tilted head while she put everything on a tray and carried it into the living room, where she had put two additional tables on the regular one, to make sure they'd have enough space for the entire family.
"I bet there's one near, the one in New York is just the only one I know. But hey- Google knows everything."

"Look, there, that one!", Ava giggled, pointing at a meerkat that was lounging around in the sun.
"It has this reddish head fur, like Timon. That must be him!"
She winked at Mike.
"Now, where's a pig when we need one?"

Austin let out a soundless sigh. Honestly, he hated to drop his mischievous behavior, despised how it made him more vulnerable.
But Kai had already seen him broken down, and for the sake of his friend...
He comfortingly wrapped one arm around his shoulders.
"I know how you feel...kinda", he mumbled.
"It's the worst, when you give your best but someone keeps telling you it's not enough, isn't it? I've graduated from high school with an average of a straight A. My mother wanted an A+.
I've won every kickboxing competition I attended, until I got to the professionals and had to fight against a man who was two heads taller than me and had an experience of fifteen years. Nobody came to visit me in hospital. Instead my mother made my trainer beat me up as soon as I was released.
I wrote a song for her to comfort her when she was grieving over dad's death...and she wrecked my guitar and said I shouldn't focus on such rubbish..."
He closed his eyes painfully for a moment, slightly shaking his head.
"I had no one to help me. My friends? Just as helpless as me. Family? Got none. So I'm still not out of it, and still feeling..."
He looked away, biting his lip. "Still feeling as though everything I do, no matter what, ends up crushed."
Looking back at Kai, he smiled sadly, slightly tightening the half hug around his shoulders.
"I don't want you to go through the same. Even if it's 'just' an asshole of a pe teacher, it doesn't matter. I'll talk to him, okay? It might sound stupid, but I think I can change his mind about you. I mean, after all I went from hating to l-... Liking you. We'll get him there as well."

"Oh, I'm already really excited for it. Bet it's an amazing song.", Jim replied, listening intensively to Ash explaining his gift for Emily.
"...damn.", he mumbled, his eyes widening as he looked at the picture. "Now I feel stupid about what I got your mother."
He zoomed in on the picture so he could look at the details for a moment.
"I can see how much time, effort and love you put into making this. She'll love it, I'm sure."

Emily followed Rachel's gaze over to her husband, smiling softly.
"It's like we were all meant for each other.", she replied. "Just look at how much Ash changed me. I was so shy and insecure about myself, and even though I sometimes still am, he helped me get confident enough to say my opinion out loud and to order my own pizza - no comment on that.", she winked, sighing happily as she thought of her amazing future-husband.
"Is it crazy to say that I feel like I hadn't really lived until I met him?"

"It's just-", Tyler mumbled, helping Raven carry glasses and cutlery to the tables. "You know my parents and I moved from England to New York, and their jobs transferring them to Montana wasn't the only reason why we moved here.", he whispered, not wanting anybody but Raven to hear it.
"Billie isn't my second sibling, but my third... I had another brother... Max. I was out with some friends, my parents were at work... and then we got the call that some criminal my parents had put in jail had broken out and...", Tyler painfully closed his eyes, clenching his fists while he tried to hold back his tears. "He'd broken in and murdered Max for revenge, then shot himself. Max was 14. Had I- Had I just stayed at home... I was in military school, I could've kicked that guy's ass and my brother would still be alive-"
He took a deep breath, just returning to organizing the table.
"That's why I don't like New York.", he mumbled, his face looking as if he just hadn't been on the verge of crying. He looked normal.
"So what else do we need?", he asked, turning around and walking up to the kitchen to grab the remaining stuff.

"Maybe Pumbaa went to visit Simba.", Mike replied, chuckling. "And Timon didn't want to join because he was too lazy to walk.", he winked, taking some pictures of the meerkat that indeed looked like Timon, before he happily turned to Ava.
"Hey, thank you. I haven't had this much fun in ages."

Kai looked at Austin with big, sad eyes, just hugging him tightly before he said anything at all.
"Please, don't think that everything you do is wrong. That's not true. Your mother, sorry for saying it, but she's a bitch! Who makes their child feel like that!? Whatever she told you about yourself, don't believe it. You're an amazing person and I don't want you to feel any lower than amazing, okay?", he smiled sadly, ruffling Austin's hair.
"Thank you for wanting to talk to the teacher. You're a great friend."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back