• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Haru Rivers

Full-time DM
Since I haven't seen one of these in a while, I figured I'd make one myself and see who's interested.

Thinking an academy for magical creatures and humans gifted in magic. This would be more of a magical college or university as opposed to a high school. Magical creatures would have to be in human form during class time in order to minimize distractions. You would not be required to state what creature you are if you don't feel like sharing that info, either just to keep it as a surprise for later on, or maybe within the magical community your race is disliked for one reason or another. If you elect to keep your race hidden then you can state human for race and give me a PM with what creature you actually are because I will need to know.

This is where people of many races could come together to learn a more generic variety of magic. Many times the racial magics taught within a community are limited and focused. This is a way for young adults of a race to gain a more advanced understanding of magics that all races are capable of. Some races may have trouble with some of these magics inherently, perhaps such as a nature based creature having trouble with magics meant to destroy. These weaknesses and strengths I would leave up to the player to decide.

Players would be welcomed to make lore about the race they chose to RP and I will add it to an RP thread. Doesn't have to be much, just enough to give other players an idea of what to maybe expect from your character. This is optional, and if you choose not to do it I will create a generic race background.

If we only get a few people interested in this I may limit characters to all one house so as to give people more options to interact.

I was not intending to RP as any teachers/professors regularly unless necessary, and was thinking to keep this RP to mostly out of the class room except where desired by players. I want to avoid the hang up some of these school RPs have of someone trying to RP a teacher and actually teaching a class and also mandatory class times, neither of which I've personally ever seen done well.

This is a very loosely formed idea at the moment so questions and suggestions are welcome. I'll start laying down a foundation for the school itself here shortly.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

I'm in.

OOC and Character Sign Up are available now.

Thanks for all the interest folks!

Welp, time to make a hastily put together character with genderbending shoehorned into their powers somehow.

I'm kidding.

At least, partially.

0BB951D7-1359-4FF9-A5AE-423CAA8D8339.gif

Everyone who has expressed interest up to this point may still post a character if they choose.

Until further notice though, no one after this post will be accepted.

Thanks for all the interest folks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back