• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Abyssals 2.5 - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Hmmm, two different looks for the Merchant of Death I'm considering. I'll be tooling around with stuff. Noticed the group could use a high Int dude for knowledge and planning. Either look suits that.

Merchant Sage
Merchant of Death.jpg

Merchant Scoundrel
MoD 2.jpg

Both are great, I see the first one when he is meeting with our Deathlord and the other when he is out in Creation lulling mortals to their deaths ;-)

Psychie Psychie
How are you handling Craft?

Just figuring out the Merchant's skills which likely will include necrotech and necromancy for building armored undead, etc.

Craft in 2e is an evil sink-hole of darkness, despair and death.

That being said, for each dot of Craft you pick up, you can add a new field of focus to your existing skill. So, a Craft of 3 could give you three different areas of expertise, while if you go for the full five dots, that will grant you even more. Make sense?

Craft in 2e is an evil sink-hole of darkness, despair and death.

That being said, for each dot of Craft you pick up, you can add a new field of focus to your existing skill. So, a Craft of 3 could give you three different areas of expertise, while if you go for the full five dots, that will grant you even more. Make sense?
Like all Fire stuff or Fire, Water, etc?

One dot could cover fire, then the next could go for First Age tech, then the third could be necrotech and flesh crafting. Stuff like that. Does that help explain it better?

One dot could cover fire, then the next could go for First Age tech, then the third could be necrotech and flesh crafting. Stuff like that. Does that help explain it better?
Yeah, wanted to be sure. Would First Age tech be of use for this campaign?

Lovely, sounds like the Merchant of Death shall be the handyman for group needs. I'm just juggling dots right now as I want to be sure his necrotech rating is impressive for projects to stuff nemissaries into as I get teh feeling he'll favor them to pilot his projects over mindless hordes usually. Will take necromany perhaps to still make animated monsters.

Apparently I can make soulsteel devices to jam into undead to animate them as well... So I'll be exploring that if you let me. Recoverable necrotech devices seems fun.

Hmmm, wondering would would be a soulsteel item as a cane I could slot a hearthsone into for essence recovery.

I have a feeling the Merchant will have a penchant for clockwork undead creations and weaponry.

Hmmm, so Necrotech as a Craft unto itself instead of the Abyssal thing with needing high Medicine and Craft Fire? Psychie Psychie

Current Craft 5 Line-up
Fire (Obvious for an arms dealer)
Air (Fine mechanisms, clockwork, jewelry needed for his inventions, glass, etc)
Water (Drugs, poisons, and chemicals aside from other perks like leather working)
First Age Tech (Super Tech goes brrr)

Necrotech? (IT'S ALIVE!?!)
or
Earth? (Evil Lairs 101)

I have a feeling the Merchant will have a penchant for clockwork undead creations and weaponry.

Hmmm, so Necrotech as a Craft unto itself instead of the Abyssal thing with needing high Medicine and Craft Fire? Psychie Psychie

Current Craft 5 Line-up
Fire (Obvious for an arms dealer)
Air (Fine mechanisms, clockwork, jewelry needed for his inventions, glass, etc)
Water (Drugs, poisons, and chemicals aside from other perks like leather working)
First Age Tech (Super Tech goes brrr)

Necrotech? (IT'S ALIVE!?!)
or
Earth? (Evil Lairs 101)
I like necrotech as a Craft more than Evil Lairs.

Alright, the Merchant is up if not fully complete. I'll get his backstory in tomorrow night and look to get a post in soon. Hopefully his build makes sense for the idea I'm running with. I'm gonna rely on the rest of you to be more fighty. He's just good at pulling societies apart and building horrible things.

I was thinking about something, is there an artifact quiver of some sort somewhere?

Not that I am aware of. I guess the old Solars just relied on their Charms to make arrows.

Not that I am aware of. I guess the old Solars just relied on their Charms to make arrows.

Yeah there is that, that may be the next charm i get.

Psychie Psychie what is your ruling on ammo consumption? Are we going for a more cinematic (Narrative) view where Camina will have plenty of arrows unless there is a dramatic moment? Or are we going down the more simulationist route where i have to track every single one.

Does Camina need a point in Craft to make her own arrows?

If ammo is a problem, I will need to redo her charms to include a martial arts or melee. I just ran out of points and charms, I could reassign a charm to the one that creates ammunition too.

Yeah there is that, that may be the next charm i get.

Psychie Psychie what is your ruling on ammo consumption? Are we going for a more cinematic (Narrative) view where Camina will have plenty of arrows unless there is a dramatic moment? Or are we going down the more simulationist route where i have to track every single one.

Does Camina need a point in Craft to make her own arrows?

If ammo is a problem, I will need to redo her charms to include a martial arts or melee. I just ran out of points and charms, I could reassign a charm to the one that creates ammunition too.
For the most part, ammo won't be a problem unless you are in a point where I tell you that you'll need to keep track of your arrows, and with your Archery of 5, I think you have your arrow construction needs pretty well covered.

Plus if you really need arrows, the Merchant could work up some out of metal, glass or bone. Eonivar Eonivar

Probably even make them poison tipped for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back