• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Abyssals 2.5 - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
I am going to make up a couple of different characters to try and see how they come out. I'm debating between a necromancer or a martial artist. Or maybe a melee-focused death machine.

In reviewing my first edition Abyssal book to remember the castes, I am tentatively leaning towards a sexy, gothy Moonshadow caste to serve and bring death with sweet words and coercion...and maybe a bit of treachery. ;-)

I'm working on a Daybreak Necromancer and a Dusk Martial Artist to see what appeals to me the most.

I have to go to work soon because my job keeps my paycheck hostage and makes me show up to get paid. <grumblegrumblegrumble> I'll be off the next two days so I can get some work done on my sheet.

Last edited:
Still debating between a necromancer and a martial artist. Psychie Psychie are you allowing the rewrite of the Dreaming Pearl Courtesan Style done by Plague of Hats? I have a copy of it at home that I can post in the morning when I get off.

Fair enough. Like I said, I have it on my computer at home.

If you decide against the rewrite, the book version is still good.

Sherwood Sherwood I found the Dreaming Pearl rewrite you were talking about online. If you prefer that version to the one in Scroll of the Monk, you may use it. Just let me know what your plan is so I know what to expect.

Cool. I don't yet know what version I'm going with, but in the next few days I should be able to lock in a concept and go with it.

So, I don't know if my schedule will allow for participation yet, will know that tomorrow, but excitement is getting the better off me and I've been reading the book and working on some loose character concepts.
I usually like playing social-leaning characters, so my concepts revolve around those. It seems Eonivar Eonivar is thinking the same thing, so maybe we can team up on that somehow? I'm trying to keep in mind how the two similar characters would interact. I'm not personally really concerned with 'niche-protection', but I know other people are and I don't want to make it less fun for someone else!

I so far have;
#1 Spy with a license to kill (but usually doesn't).
Basically a spy with focus on social sabotage and investigation. A spy rather than an assassin. Deployed by the deathlord to infiltrate and do surveillance/sabotage, maybe acts somewhat as a resource to Eonivar's Moonshadow, giving them the information they need to work at full effect.

#2 Manager/Spymaster
Similar to #1 but not a field agent, a behind-the-scenes paper pusher. Character would focus on Bureacracy and Linguistics probably, would volunteer to be group-taxi if another doesn't mind. Basically this character would fill a very supportive role, giving other the resources and means to do their cool thing and give the group some pull in the mundane world through spies and allies.

#3 Dark Bishop
A religious leader, I think many deathlords try to spread ancestor worship and such in an effort to empower the underworld? That just may be me misremembering things, but in any case, the character would focus on the 'spiritual matters' that concern abyssals, and spread some sort of dark and twisted faith to the masses. Do deathlords/abyssal worship the Neverborn? Would probably need some help with the game-lore here, but both Sherwood and Psychie said that they would be on-hand so I'll hold them to that! :)

Ancestor worship is a big thing in Exalted, all of which feeds up the chain to the Neverborn with the Deathlords being their high priests. Even the abyssals themselves can have a cult following them, providing extra Willpower to you on a daily basis.

I like the third option the best, but setting up a spy network in the heart of the Autochthon invasion force would be a huge coup.

I will also say there will be some direct combat for your characters to deal with, so some fighting skill is advised. I am also considering using a house rule that would grant Ox-Body Technique to everyone based on your Essence, but that is still in the consideration phase.

I will also say there will be some direct combat for your characters to deal with, so some fighting skill is advised. I am also considering using a house rule that would grant Ox-Body Technique to everyone based on your Essence, but that is still in the consideration phase.
I like not dying. It would certainly help out if we got extra health levels. We could serve our dark mistress even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back