• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Abyssals 2.5 - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
No offense, and I am not leaving the game or anything, but the 2nd edition ruleset is a complete mess. Rules are all over creation and no organized in any meaningful way. I was trying to figure out what Inrimacies were and they are all over the place.
I'm sorry. If 3e had the Abyssal book out, we'd be using that instead. As it is, we're stuck with 2.5e or Exalted Essence, and I don't know EE well at all to be able to run that system.

Psychie Psychie It's all good. It's not your fault the best option is this ruleset. I really appreciate you running this, the Abyssal's are my favorite of the Exalted types, and this is the very first Abyssal's game I have ever gotten to play. And I will figure it out with your and Sherwood's help. I did not mean to sound like it was about you or running this game, its just the rulesets a bit more complex and disorganized than I am used to. We will figure it out.

There we go. I do not have the combat stuff filled out yet or the various details on her charms but Camina (yes named for a character from The Expanse) is more or less out there. Let me know what you all think, if there are any changes I need to make, any suggestions on artifacts and gear and such, also if her backstory is good enough or needs help or any suggestions really. I feel kind of like i am just kind of flailing in this character creation a bit. I may build the Moonshadow Idea out if I get a brain storm, but for now Camina is my character.

There we go. I do not have the combat stuff filled out yet or the various details on her charms but Camina (yes named for a character from The Expanse) is more or less out there. Let me know what you all think, if there are any changes I need to make, any suggestions on artifacts and gear and such, also if her backstory is good enough or needs help or any suggestions really. I feel kind of like i am just kind of flailing in this character creation a bit. I may build the Moonshadow Idea out if I get a brain storm, but for now Camina is my character.
Everything looks good to me, but I'm not the storyteller. I like your character. Nice background, too.

Character is looking good so far. With the bare bones of your sheet up, I can have the initial story post up tomorrow. Unless you guys plan on starting a fight with someone we should be ok without having all the combat numbers filled in.

I should be able to get Camina’s combat stats in today, no problem.

Last edited:
Sherwood Sherwood or Psychie Psychie

Questions, questions, questions:

1. How do you calculate the Personal and Armored Soak Values?

2. Also do we need do to list intimacies? And where in the books is it written on what intimacies are if we do?

3. Is there anything I need on my character sheet that I am missing?

4. Could I get a copy of the writeup for the Time String Bow?

Sherwood Sherwood or Psychie Psychie

Questions, questions, questions:

1. How do you calculate the Personal and Armored Soak Values?

2. Also do we need do to list intimacies? And where in the books is it written on what intimacies are if we do?

3. Is there anything I need on my character sheet that I am missing?

4. Could I get a copy of the writeup for the Time String Bow?
1. Bashing Soak is equal to your Stamina; Lethal Soak is one half of your Stamina rounded up.

2. I don't know.

3. I'll look into it.

TIME-STRUNG BOW (ARTIFACT ••••)
Crafted from Szoreny’s tarnished silver wood, this
bow is inlaid with black nacre and strung with a thread
of Time. By expending one Willpower, its wielder may
launch an arrow into the future. She fires the bow as
normal but her player makes no attack roll. The arrow
disappears before it strikes, vanishing into the folds
of eternity. At some point within the next five days,
when the target is unaware, the arrow reappears and strikes.
The Storyteller determines the moment of the attack.
An arrow striking out of time uses its owner’s dice pool
and modifiers as they were when the arrow was launched.
Such an attack cannot be enhanced by Charms, but its target
treats the attack as unexpected. The arrow moves through
space as well as time. Thus, the target cannot escape it by
traveling to another location—or even to another realm of
existence. The number of arrows an archer may suspend in
time cannot exceed her permanent Essence.

Speed 5, Accuracy +1, Damage +3L, Rate 3, Range 350, Attune 8, Tags 2, B

Eonivar Eonivar You start with a number of intimacies equal to Willpower+Compassion. These can be anything, although I think for Abyssals negative intimacies are more common than positive ones. You're more prone to hatred and scorn than love and respect. Intimacies usually interact with the Limit system, but abyssals have Resonance and I don't have it in my head exactly how that works.

I also need to pick my initmacies!

Hmmm, I've got two concepts to toy with.

Merchant of Death
A scheming Moonshadow merchant prince that specializes in arms dealing and weapons development. He stirs up conflict and then supplies the 'solutions' to issues often. He revels in the games of trade, power, and influence. He's charming and always adorned in stylish if grim outfits when not supporting his circle. Likely favors martials arts as seeming unarmed is useful for his work. One of his other favorites is to introduce various drugs into regions to introduce instability that spirals outwards like a poison into communities. His favorite achievement is making two neighbors kill eachother in dispute over a misunderstanding over the placement of a fence which he had sold to both. He views it as a scale model of what he can do to an entire nation if given time.

Obsidian Savant
A mad genius Daybreak who delights in the exploration of his creativity in necromancy and the creation of devices and artifice aimed towards military conquest and destruction. Despite his obsessions, he is generall cooperative with his circle and happily will fabricate undead or devices for them to assist in their own plans. He finds such distractions useful to let him mull over his own projects subconciously. Often such side projects will lead to some modification or idea that could lead to something far more horrible.

Oooh both of those are very cool ideas...

The Merchant of Death idea kind of makes me think of the Ferengi from Star Trek, selling arms to both sides of a conflict to make a profit.

The second one would make a good apprentice to the Twisted Toymaker, especially with the two Deathlorrds being close allies.

The Merchant of Death idea kind of makes me think of the Ferengi from Star Trek, selling arms to both sides of a conflict to make a profit.
Yeah, it was also inspired by Lord of War and a few others like Moriarty in Game of Shadows. Selling to all sides and stoking the flames of conflict.

The second one would make a good apprentice to the Twisted Toymaker, especially with the two Deathlorrds being close allies.
Being an apprentice type could be interesting. I just like the idea of him creating armored undead in suits of clockwork armor meant to amp them up, etc. Or just armoring and arming them to be a source of military power when needed and to test his designs.

Welcome Crocodile Crocodile !
I dig the Merchant of Death idea the most, that's totally a character I can see myself making. So I'm biased, don't put any stock in my opinion lol

I don't see your four dots of Specialties on your sheet. Other than that, your character is looking good.
I have added my Specialties
Eonivar Eonivar You start with a number of intimacies equal to Willpower+Compassion. These can be anything, although I think for Abyssals negative intimacies are more common than positive ones. You're more prone to hatred and scorn than love and respect. Intimacies usually interact with the Limit system, but abyssals have Resonance and I don't have it in my head exactly how that works.

I also need to pick my initmacies!
I have created several intimacies and added them to my sheet.

I am excited to do this!

I actually love playing logistics, intrigue and mercantile. So I think Merchant of Death wins out.

Just found my PDFs so I'll start assembling something.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back